Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #9-21 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 9, Number 21 Friday, 21 August 1998 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: 8/18 mono puff Re: Non TMBG: Pete and Pete TMBG: Re: German tours and CDNow TMBG: About Me NON-TMBG: Headlines! CD Now Makes Good! Re: TMBG: About Me Re: TMBG: My Dr. Worm remix is done TMBG: The Onion interview TMBG: How much do I love TMBG?? Re: TMBG: How much do I love TMBG?? Re: TMBG: How much do I love TMBG?? TMBG: http://avclub.theonion.com/ TMBG: Linnell's Backwards Talk Re: TMBG: http://avclub.theonion.com/ Re: TMBG: 8/18 mono puff Re: TMBG: 8/18 mono puff Re: TMBG: About Me Re: TMBG: About Me Re: TMBG: About Me Re: TMBG: Linnell's Backwards Talk Re: TMBG: About Me Re: TMBG: About Me Re: TMBG: About Me Re: TMBG: About Me Re: TMBG:STD Re: sorta?-TMBG: Linnell's Backwards Talk (QT3) Re: TMBG:STD Re: TMBG:STD Semi-TMBG: Cemetery Man Semi-TMBG: Cemetery Man TMBG: tmbg.net additions TMBG: NEWS Re: TMBG: IHLTVOHS - it's a real song! TMBG: video, posters, and STD Re: TMBG: About Me Re: TMBG:STD Re: TMBG: video, posters, and STD Re: TMBG:STD Re: TMBG: The Onion interview Re: TMBG: video, posters, and STD NON-TMBG: The Onion interview Re: TMBG: video, posters, and STD TMBG: Istanbul Cd Re: NON-TMBG: The Onion interview Re: NON-TMBG: The Onion interview Re: TMBG: IHLTVOHS - it's a real song! Re: TMBG: video, posters, and STD Re: TMBG: video, posters, and STD Re: TMBG: video, posters, and STD Re: TMBG: My Dr. Worm remix is done Re: TMBG:STD TMBG: Hatch Shell video girl Re: TMBG:STD Re: TMBG:STD TMBG: Poster Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: HallOfEyes@aol.com Message-ID: <9a3ae2b2.35dbbd2d@aol.com> Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 02:07:40 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: 8/18 mono puff If anyone got a good bootleg of this show, please contact me! I was there too, here are some good (paraphrased) quotes that Flansy said--- "How about that Clinton?" "I'd like to thank the lord God almighty for making it rain on EVERY SINGLE ONE of our shows! I'm not talking about this show, I'm not talking about some other shows, I'm talking about ALL our shows. If you know Mono Puff is going to be in your town, you might as well draw a little rain cloud on your calendar" Hmm...can't remember any more exactly. He talked more about Clinton. He introduced Night Security as being a song about "a dream job", but then they didn't play it untill the encore a while later... It was my first time seeing a real Mono Puff show (though it still wasnt technically a Mono Puff concert) and it was REALLY great. Guitar Was The Case is incredible live. Imaginary Friend is a lot better live...Flansburgh did this hilarious thing for The Devil Went Down to Newport, where he sang the last verse in this quiet folky way. And their cover of "I Love Rock n' Roll" was great. Now I really want to see TMBG (I havent seen them since Feb 97) After the show, we asked Flans why he wasn't credited for The Song For The Dumped video, and he told us that they mangled it in editing, so he didn't want the credit. Jordan ------------------------------ From: gray42@juno.com Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 01:35:22 -0400 Subject: Re: Non TMBG: Pete and Pete Message-ID: <19980820.020818.11670.0.gray42@juno.com> I think the creator of the Ice Cream rumor, meant that Orsan Beam (or however you spell his name) was the guy selling sludge bars at the beach, you know, the episode where the Wriggley family finds a car beneath the beach sand (hehe, kind of reminds me of that Metal Detector song) Mr. G. (who figured out that she really looks like the lead singer from smashing pumpkins) "There's only 120 minutes to the show, and only 120 minutes left to go. Then we die, then we die." -- John &John on 120 min. ICQ# 9585405 MST3K#88182 gray42@juno.com http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 The Official Project Omicrom website: www.geocities.com/SoHo/Square/9007 _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.5.16.19980820150642.221f518c@popmail.server.uni-frankfurt.de> Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 15:06:42 +0200 From: Thorsten Beck Subject: TMBG: Re: German tours and CDNow Hi!! Today I got my STD in Germany!! I ordered it from CDNow because there's no new CD available from TMBG in Germany since Factory Showroom. Mayby that's because they quit with ELEKTRA!? I dunno.... Just wondering... Therefore I had to order some TMBG Cd's from CDNow, especially the singles. I ordered STD at 08/11 in the morning because there is no chance to order it before its release date. Two days it was backordered but no I got it. It took 9 days, and now it rocks the house :-) Therefore I would say, CDNow did a really good job! Where's the audience on STD? Hmmm, they are a bit slight. The Sun seems to be not the version like on the NYC-Live album. Dr.Worm and They got lost are awesome. I was thinking today about TMBG tours in Europe too. I visited the 90 tour in Germany and thought they would come in 97 or 98. But I don't think they will come. Just wondering, too.!! :-( That's kewl, that some of you guys have a german tour-poster. ~Thorsten~ PS: hate means hassen, du hast (you have) you hate (du hasst; but wrote with an sz) Everything clear? ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.5.16.19980820154116.39b71da2@popmail.server.uni-frankfurt.de> Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 15:41:16 +0200 From: Thorsten Beck Subject: TMBG: About Me Hello again, I have a problem with track 17 - About Me - of STD. I was just wondering because the song takes just 40 seconds but the cdplayer shows me 3:01 Minutes.The song is finish after 40 seconds and then there's 2:21 Minutes silence until track 18. Hmmm, just wondering.... Dunno why they did that! Do you have any answers? ~Thorsten~ ------------------------------ From: ArwenAnaNg@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 10:05:18 EDT Subject: NON-TMBG: Headlines! CD Now Makes Good! Although I never received an email reply from my request to CD Now's customer service to credit me for the FedEx S&H for STD coming late, I went to place an order today, and lo and behold, the credit was there on my account! I was glad that they cared enough to keep a good customer happy. ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19980820141129.006eae40@cybnetonline.com> Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 09:11:29 -0500 From: "The Li'l Depressed Boy" Subject: Re: TMBG: About Me At 03:41 PM 8/20/98 +0200, Thorsten Beck wrote: >Hello again, > >I have a problem with track 17 - About Me - of STD. I was just wondering >because the song takes just 40 seconds but the cdplayer shows me 3:01 >Minutes.The song is finish after 40 seconds and then there's 2:21 Minutes >silence until track 18. Hmmm, just wondering.... Dunno why they did that! >Do you have any answers? > They did that to make the "secret tracks" more secret. With that pause you think the CD is over, and if your silly and forget to turn off the CD, (and of course you don't know 'bout the secret tracks) after a short break suddenly the apes tracks jump out and grab ya. Be thankful they put the pause at the end of About Me instead of the start of Planet, now all you gotta do is just skip to the next track when the silence starts. LDB -- (this site cuts the amount of URL's I put in my Sig) My Web Page Index: http://www.cybnetonline.com/users/njack/ TMBG | D.U.M.B. NEWS | Mr. Gone Font -- Contemporary Cartoon Militia is (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble and Kris W. M. Struble. The Li'l Depressed Boy, Phreeck, Spyder Hunt, and all related characters (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199808201445.WAA21117@vector.wantree.com.au> From: "Carla Stagles" Subject: Re: TMBG: My Dr. Worm remix is done Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 22:41:34 +0800 > Well, I sat down dilligently to finish it & it's done...my Dr. Worm remix... well done Jason :) this thing really grows on you.. like fungus i guess. i even like the springy sounds in the chorus, you've done the list proud! and of course, Linnell sounds FABULOUS backwards! it's uncanny, he MUST be from another dimension. *APPLAUSE* Bravo! Encore! carla "Some day, somebody else besides me will call jas' by his stage name" ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980820104950.00698514@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 10:49:50 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: TMBG: The Onion interview Apologies if this has been posted before, but there's an awesome interview at: http://avclub.theonion.com/ 2 new albums in '99? @whee! -Adam -- /=---------------- http://www.he-man.org/ctyner/ ----------------=\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! Demented music list admin O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.5.32.19980820115340.007f4d10@mailin.icdc.com> Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 11:53:40 -0400 From: "J. L. Moquin" Subject: TMBG: How much do I love TMBG?? Wow, somebody's selling the "She was a hotel detective", "WDTSS", "I palindrome I" and "The guitar" singles on ebay at http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=25739681 and there's still 2 days left on the auction and it's up to $66!!! Boy, I have all those singles... Jeez, ya know, if I ever stop liking Them, I could make a pretty penny!! ;) (Of course, if I was the one selling those singles right now, I'd be putting that money towards a bid on the Live in NY CD that's selling at http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=26089326 and is up to $101.89!!!) -jennifer, mommy to alice the bean, 8/15/97 NEW WEB URL: http://www.kjsl.com/~beanmom/ mailto:beanmom@icdc.com "...adults are just obsolete children and the hell with them." -- Dr. Seuss ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 12:03:29 -0400 From: Destin Berthelot Subject: Re: TMBG: How much do I love TMBG?? Message-id: <35DC48D1.107F@rollins.edu> Organization: Rollins College That's an odd auction, considering Hotel Detective was never released as a CD single with those songs... unless both myself and the discography at tmbg.org are horribly mistaken.... -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Destin Berthelot | "All persons, http://fox.rollins.edu/~dberthelot/ | living or dead, | are purely They Might Be Giants Visual Discography: | coincidental." http://members.xoom.com/theymightbe/ | -Kurt Vonnegut ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.5.32.19980820122410.007c48f0@mailin.icdc.com> Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 12:24:10 -0400 From: "J. L. Moquin" Subject: Re: TMBG: How much do I love TMBG?? Destin Berthelot wrote: >That's an odd auction, considering Hotel Detective was never released as >a CD single with those songs... unless both myself and the discography >at tmbg.org are horribly mistaken.... You're right, of course. (The Single is listed as " 'she was a hotel detective' on the way too cool 3" mini cd, which includes above song plus 'kiss me son of god,' 'for science,' 'the biggest one,' and 'mr claw.' ") I wonder which single is actually being sold? -jennifer, mommy to alice the bean, 8/15/97 NEW WEB URL: http://www.kjsl.com/~beanmom/ mailto:beanmom@icdc.com "...adults are just obsolete children and the hell with them." -- Dr. Seuss ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.5.32.19980820124847.007fb7a0@mailin.icdc.com> Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 12:48:47 -0400 From: "J. L. Moquin" Subject: TMBG: http://avclub.theonion.com/ "as many as two records (a conventional studio release and a possible children's album) in 1999" A children's album??!!? *looks around wildly at toy-strewn townhouse* *listens to toddler babble in the background* *dances with joy* I HAVE A CHILD!!! What incredible symmetry!! :D -jennifer, mommy to alice the bean, 8/15/97 NEW WEB URL: http://www.kjsl.com/~beanmom/ mailto:beanmom@icdc.com "...adults are just obsolete children and the hell with them." -- Dr. Seuss ------------------------------ From: Happyfroot@aol.com Message-ID: <5c781872.35dc598b@aol.com> Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 13:14:50 EDT Subject: TMBG: Linnell's Backwards Talk >>and of course, Linnell sounds FABULOUS backwards! it's uncanny, he MUST be >>from another dimension. It actually kind of scared me when I was fooling around with the wave of Linnell singing that part, because it sounds almost too natural backwards...It makes me wonder if this happens with all of their songs.... Thanks for the great review of my remix.... jason "I need a stage name" glastetter ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19980820171708.006e3a8c@cybnetonline.com> Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 12:17:08 -0500 From: "The Li'l Depressed Boy" Subject: Re: TMBG: http://avclub.theonion.com/ At 12:48 PM 8/20/98 -0400, J. L. Moquin wrote: >"as many as two records (a conventional studio release and a >possible children's album) in 1999" > >A children's album??!!? > >*looks around wildly at toy-strewn townhouse* > >*listens to toddler babble in the background* > >*dances with joy* > >I HAVE A CHILD!!! What incredible symmetry!! :D > Heh heh. *looks around wildly at toy-strewn apartment* *listens to air conditioner* *looks inward* *Dances for Joy* I STILL HAVE THE MINDSET OF A CHILD! Woohoo, you know me, if it's for kids, it's for me! LDB -- (this site cuts the amount of URL's I put in my Sig) My Web Page Index: http://www.cybnetonline.com/users/njack/ TMBG | D.U.M.B. NEWS | Mr. Gone Font -- Contemporary Cartoon Militia is (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble and Kris W. M. Struble. The Li'l Depressed Boy, Phreeck, Spyder Hunt, and all related characters (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Message-ID: <2c9e60f8.35dc60f5@aol.com> Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 13:46:27 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: 8/18 mono puff In a message dated 8/20/98 1:43:47 AM Eastern Daylight Time, kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu writes: << >GIRLS What's "GIRLS"? Kirsten (hoping she's not about to sound really stupid) >> couldn't tell ya. a new song. sister puff on lead vocals. it's very retro- y, it wouldn't surprise me if it were a cover.. in fact it sounds like a cover.. but it probably isn't. ~sarah ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19980820181006.006e4ec0@cybnetonline.com> Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 13:10:06 -0500 From: "The Li'l Depressed Boy" Subject: Re: TMBG: 8/18 mono puff >couldn't tell ya. a new song. sister puff on lead vocals. it's very retro- >y, it wouldn't surprise me if it were a cover.. in fact it sounds like a >cover.. but it probably isn't. > It is a cover. To quote TDK's page: Originally recorded by Betty Wright, a soul performer from the 70's who had "one Monolithic 'Puff' afro above her head". Sung by Lady Puff, Sugar Puff & Sister Puff at the Acme Underground on 6/17/98. Again, much better vocals. That help? LDB -- (this site cuts the amount of URL's I put in my Sig) My Web Page Index: http://www.cybnetonline.com/users/njack/ TMBG | D.U.M.B. NEWS | Mr. Gone Font -- Contemporary Cartoon Militia is (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble and Kris W. M. Struble. The Li'l Depressed Boy, Phreeck, Spyder Hunt, and all related characters (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 14:06:13 -0500 From: The Pope Subject: Re: TMBG: About Me >They did that to make the "secret tracks" more secret. With that pause you >think the CD is over, and if your silly and forget to turn off the CD, (and >of course you don't know 'bout the secret tracks) after a short break >suddenly the apes tracks jump out and grab ya. Be thankful they put the >pause at the end of About Me instead of the start of Planet, now all you >gotta do is just skip to the next track when the silence starts. I really don't call them secret tracks. The only secret to them is that they aren't listed on the album so as not to infringe on any copy rights. No if they really wanted to make them secret tracks they would've made them hidden tracks. the decided to go the easy route and just put a huge freaking silent space between the 18 and 19 tracks. ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19980820192003.006f8584@cybnetonline.com> Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 14:20:03 -0500 From: "The Li'l Depressed Boy" Subject: Re: TMBG: About Me At 02:06 PM 8/20/98 -0500, The Pope wrote: >I really don't call them secret tracks. The only secret to them is that >they aren't listed on the album so as not to infringe on any copy rights. >No if they really wanted to make them secret tracks they would've made them >hidden tracks. the decided to go the easy route and just put a huge >freaking silent space between the 18 and 19 tracks. > They are secret tracks. That is the term usually given to a track that is added as a bonus without it being listed on the CD case. Now, think of yourself pulled away from this list, sitting there never even hearing any of the information you've heard on this list, you pop in the CD and listen to it, when you first hear the apes tracks, you are surprised by them, that is the point of a secret track. Now would you say that "The Token Back to Brooklin" is not a secret track, because everyone knows how to get it? But, as with the apes tracks, not everyone knows about it, and when they pop it in and rewind too far they are surprised by it, because it's a secret track. LDB -- (this site cuts the amount of URL's I put in my Sig) My Web Page Index: http://www.cybnetonline.com/users/njack/ TMBG | D.U.M.B. NEWS | Mr. Gone Font -- Contemporary Cartoon Militia is (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble and Kris W. M. Struble. The Li'l Depressed Boy, Phreeck, Spyder Hunt, and all related characters (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 14:25:11 -0500 From: The Pope Subject: Re: TMBG: About Me >They are secret tracks. That is the term usually given to a track that is >added as a bonus without it being listed on the CD case. Now, think of >yourself pulled away from this list, sitting there never even hearing any of >the information you've heard on this list, you pop in the CD and listen to >it, when you first hear the apes tracks, you are surprised by them, that is >the point of a secret track. Now would you say that "The Token Back to >Brooklin" is not a secret track, because everyone knows how to get it? But, >as with the apes tracks, not everyone knows about it, and when they pop it >in and rewind too far they are surprised by it, because it's a secret track. Well being the fact that it's not listed on the CD is the tie it has with being a Secret Track. However anyone with half a brain who looks at the fact that their CD player tells them straight out that there are 24 tracks on the cd and the album only lists 18 should tell them that there must be 6 other songs on this cd. This is why I do not call them secret tracks because the cd player still sees them and requires no special skipping forward or backward to find them. They are recorded on the cd in the normal way the other tracks were recorded. ------------------------------ From: gray42@juno.com Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 15:23:57 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: Linnell's Backwards Talk Message-ID: <19980820.152607.9486.0.gray42@juno.com> On Thu, 20 Aug 1998 13:14:50 EDT Happyfroot@aol.com writes: > >It actually kind of scared me when I was fooling around with the wave >of >Linnell singing that part, because it sounds almost too natural >backwards...It >makes me wonder if this happens with all of their songs.... > >Thanks for the great review of my remix.... Here's one, download the Don't Let's Start vidio clip on tmbg.com, loop it backwards, trust me you won't regret it, it's a masterpeice, it's almost as if Linnell is a yodler. At the same time it's interesting to listen to his backward singing, it's fun to watch him in that way also, trust me. Mr. G. (who is still adicted to that 30 second vidio clip) "There's only 120 minutes to the show, and only 120 minutes left to go. Then we die, then we die." -- John &John on 120 min. ICQ# 9585405 MST3K#88182 gray42@juno.com http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 The Official Project Omicrom website: www.geocities.com/SoHo/Square/9007 >jason "I need a stage name" glastetter > > _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19980820193503.006eb2c4@cybnetonline.com> Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 14:35:03 -0500 From: "The Li'l Depressed Boy" Subject: Re: TMBG: About Me At 02:25 PM 8/20/98 -0500, The Pope wrote: >Well being the fact that it's not listed on the CD is the tie it has with >being a Secret Track. However anyone with half a brain who looks at the >fact that their CD player tells them straight out that there are 24 tracks >on the cd and the album only lists 18 should tell them that there must be 6 >other songs on this cd. This is why I do not call them secret tracks >because the cd player still sees them and requires no special skipping >forward or backward to find them. They are recorded on the cd in the >normal way the other tracks were recorded. > Not everyone is anal enough to check the amount of tracks on the CD with the amount of tracks listed on the case. "However anyone with half a brain" would realize this. Okay, I have twelve CD's with secret tracks, only two of them requires "special skipping forward or backward to find them." That special negative red book address is not the definition of a secret track, a secret track is one you are not warned about on the case. LDB -- (this site cuts the amount of URL's I put in my Sig) My Web Page Index: http://www.cybnetonline.com/users/njack/ TMBG | D.U.M.B. NEWS | Mr. Gone Font -- Contemporary Cartoon Militia is (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble and Kris W. M. Struble. The Li'l Depressed Boy, Phreeck, Spyder Hunt, and all related characters (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble ------------------------------ Message-ID: <35DCEC4F.7D87@tmbg.org> Date: Fri, 21 Aug 1998 03:41:03 +0000 From: FatBob Smith Teen Angst Idol Subject: Re: TMBG: About Me The Li'l Depressed Boy wrote: > They are secret tracks. That is the term usually given to a track that is > added as a bonus without it being listed on the CD case. Now, think of > yourself pulled away from this list, sitting there never even hearing any of > the information you've heard on this list, you pop in the CD and listen to > it, when you first hear the apes tracks, you are surprised by them, that is > the point of a secret track. Now would you say that "The Token Back to > Brooklin" is not a secret track, because everyone knows how to get it? But, > as with the apes tracks, not everyone knows about it, and when they pop it > in and rewind too far they are surprised by it, because it's a secret track. Personally, I'm not sure that I would say the type of tracks that are just stuck on the end are secret or hidden as such, because if you do what i do and put a cd in, press repeat and just let it play, you eventually find them very easily.. however, the token back to brooklin, which i assume is the name of the hidden track on factory showroom (I'm vague on these things) now, that IS a secret track because its not often you would sit there and hold the button down long enough to find it. I didnt know about it for a long time, and it was only because someones cd rom played cds from the *very* begining and was much more sensitive than your average cd player, that I discovered it, and it was a case of major "what the.....?!!?!?!" when i heard it.... This was all pre my becoming a tmbg net hag, so i had no knowledge of it whatsoever. I had that cd on repeat for weeks, and i had not known it was there at all. (and i literally mean, for weeks, i didnt take it out or press stop.. bad habit of mine). *that* is a secret track.You actually have to really look for it and go to great lengths to actually listen to it. It made me paranoid of every single cd i owned after that. Not dissin the good old traditional after the 5 minute silent type secret tracks though, they're still a pleasant surprise if you were unaware of it existing at time of purchase.. :) -- Lorelei (Laura) leader of the mmmbop world domination society *************** A N G S T I N C. ******************* ~~~~~~~ http://www.vianet.net.au/~ophidian ~~~~~~~~~~ \~o If I were a carpenter, I'd hammer on my piglet I'd collect the seven dollars and I'd buy a big prosthetic forehead and wear it on my real head! o~/ t m b g ~~~~~~~~~~~~~gratuitous waste of space '98~~~~~~~~~~~ ***************************************************** ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19980820195317.0070aa38@cybnetonline.com> Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 14:53:17 -0500 From: "The Li'l Depressed Boy" Subject: Re: TMBG: About Me At 03:41 AM 8/21/98 +0000, FatBob Smith Teen Angst Idol wrote: >Personally, I'm not sure that I would say the type of tracks that are just stuck on >the end are secret or hidden as such, because if you do what i do and put a cd in, >press repeat and just let it play, you eventually find them very easily.. however, >the token back to brooklin, which i assume is the name of the hidden track on factory >showroom (I'm vague on these things) now, that IS a secret track because its not >often you would sit there and hold the button down long enough to find it. I didnt >know about it for a long time, and it was only because someones cd rom played cds >from the *very* begining and was much more sensitive than your average cd player, >that I discovered it, and it was a case of major "what the.....?!!?!?!" when i heard >it.... This was all pre my becoming a tmbg net hag, so i had no knowledge of it >whatsoever. I had that cd on repeat for weeks, and i had not known it was there at >all. (and i literally mean, for weeks, i didnt take it out or press stop.. bad habit >of mine). *that* is a secret track.You actually have to really look for it and go to >great lengths to actually listen to it. It made me paranoid of every single cd i >owned after that. Not dissin the good old traditional after the 5 minute silent type >secret tracks though, they're still a pleasant surprise if you were unaware of it >existing at time of purchase.. :) > They are Secret Tracks, just not Hidden tracks. LDB -- (this site cuts the amount of URL's I put in my Sig) My Web Page Index: http://www.cybnetonline.com/users/njack/ TMBG | D.U.M.B. NEWS | Mr. Gone Font -- Contemporary Cartoon Militia is (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble and Kris W. M. Struble. The Li'l Depressed Boy, Phreeck, Spyder Hunt, and all related characters (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 13:58:47 -0600 Subject: Re: TMBG: About Me Message-ID: <19980820.140107.3182.1.TMBgirl@juno.com> >Not everyone is anal enough to check the amount of tracks on the CD >with the >amount of tracks listed on the case. "However anyone with half a >brain" >would realize this. yeah but then you get stupid CD's like cracker's "kerosene hat" where there are 99 tracks with the majority of the 'secret tracks' being 3 second clips of nothing. take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html http://members.tripod.com/~tmbgirl/index.html _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: mr.train@juno.com Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 16:17:35 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG:STD Message-ID: <19980820.161735.9054.0.Mr.Train@juno.com> I was just wondering... and this goes for Then:TEY as well... Did anyone else keep the little paper thing that came on top of the CD case? the thing that describes the CD? I was just wondering if I was really obsessive or not... Tim, Mrow .rD Miscellaneous Tim AKA TMB(do)G AKA Tambo (IRC) AKA Mr.Train (OML) Favorite TMBG song update: They Got Lost Last CD purchase: Severe Tire Damage - TMBG Favorite mainstream song: One Week - BNL _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: mr.train@juno.com Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 16:25:21 -0400 Subject: Re: sorta?-TMBG: Linnell's Backwards Talk (QT3) Message-ID: <19980820.162551.9054.1.Mr.Train@juno.com> On Thu, 20 Aug 1998 15:23:57 -0400 gray42@juno.com writes: >Here's one, download the Don't Let's Start vidio clip on tmbg.com, >loop it backwards, trust me you won't regret it, it's a masterpeice, >it's almost as if Linnell is a yodler. At the same time it's >interesting to listen to his backward singing, it's fun to watch him >in that way also, trust me. I wish I could still do this, but with dumb 'ol Quick Time 3 I can't Loop the .mov's back and forth... Does anyone know how to do this with QT3? I'm thinking of going back to the old Quicktime... Tim, erbole lickin' siiiiiiiigh Miscellaneous Tim AKA TMB(do)G AKA Tambo (IRC) AKA Mr.Train (OML) Favorite TMBG song update: They Got Lost Last CD purchase: STD - TMBG Favorite mainstream song: One Week - BNL _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980820202842.23037.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Josh Buckland" Subject: Re: TMBG:STD Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 13:28:41 PDT >Did anyone else keep the little paper thing that came on top of the CD >case? the thing that describes the CD? >I was just wondering if I was really obsessive or not... > If it IS obsessive, just know you're not aloan. I stuck it on the neck to my long-necked computer microphone. Ya know, a decorathion to declair my fandom. Josh Buckland dilbert_2000@hotmail.com ICQ#: 17262308 contact me! http://profiles.yahoo.com/LeChuck__ Linda Wheatley: Karl, you know what? Melinda here was voted employee of the month at the dollar store last February. Isn't that something? Karl Childers: Yes ma'am, I reckon. Melinda: Well, when you like pricing items as much as I do, it's just bound to happen sooner or later, I guess. "Sling Blade" ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 15:38:09 -0500 From: The Pope Subject: Re: TMBG:STD At 3:28 PM -0500 8/20/98, Josh Buckland wrote: >>Did anyone else keep the little paper thing that came on top of the CD >>case? the thing that describes the CD? >>I was just wondering if I was really obsessive or not... >> > >If it IS obsessive, just know you're not aloan. I stuck it on the neck >to my long-necked computer microphone. Ya know, a decorathion to declair >my fandom. I've kept the little paper thingy too. I also still have the little paper thingy THEY had on the THEN album. Call it obsessive call it what you will. I'm just a pack rat ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980820204843.21030.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Josh Buckland" Subject: Semi-TMBG: Cemetery Man Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 13:48:42 PDT I need to know if I'm being rediculous. Am I thinking this just because they're my favorite group (ans should be everyone's), or am I right? I think that the movie Cemetery Man (yes, that funny zombie movie that plays out more like a porno at times) would be better with a TMBG soundtrack. Well??? Josh Buckland dilbert_2000@hotmail.com ICQ#: 17262308 contact me! http://profiles.yahoo.com/LeChuck__ Linda Wheatley: Karl, you know what? Melinda here was voted employee of the month at the dollar store last February. Isn't that something? Karl Childers: Yes ma'am, I reckon. Melinda: Well, when you like pricing items as much as I do, it's just bound to happen sooner or later, I guess. "Sling Blade" ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980820204937.5812.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Josh Buckland" Subject: Semi-TMBG: Cemetery Man Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 13:49:33 PDT I need to know if I'm being rediculous. Am I thinking this just because they're my favorite group (ans should be everyone's), or am I right? I think that the movie Cemetery Man (yes, that funny zombie movie that plays out more like a porno at times) would be better with a TMBG soundtrack. Well??? Josh "who has been recording songs backwords for a LOOONG time" Buckland dilbert_2000@hotmail.com ICQ#: 17262308 contact me! http://profiles.yahoo.com/LeChuck__ Linda Wheatley: Karl, you know what? Melinda here was voted employee of the month at the dollar store last February. Isn't that something? Karl Childers: Yes ma'am, I reckon. Melinda: Well, when you like pricing items as much as I do, it's just bound to happen sooner or later, I guess. "Sling Blade" ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 16:53:14 -0400 (EDT) From: Web Team Subject: TMBG: tmbg.net additions Message-ID: I have a funky buttload of additions sent in for the shows page...mostly from Lawrence :) but a lot from other people too...I will have to work on them in chunks and get some other people to work on them too cause I am pretty busy but I just wanted to say I appreciate them and that the shows page is becoming more and more accurate daily! Jish http://www.tmbg.net/ ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 14:56:08 -0600 Subject: TMBG: NEWS Message-ID: <19980820.145911.3182.2.TMBgirl@juno.com> hEy HEy! okay so there are some new tour dates: August 21st: *City Market* - 107.3 Kansas City, MO - $10.73 August 25th: *Mountain Lair Plaza* *West Virginia Univ.* - Morgantown, WV August 28th: *9:30 Club* - Washington DC August 29th: *End-Fest* - Blossom, OH (Cuyahoga Falls, OH) August 30th: *LaSalle Park* - Buffalo, NY - Edgefest September 5th: *Riverport Amphitheater* - Maryland Hgts., MO September 6th: *Bumbershoot Festival* - Seattle, WA September 8th: *La Luna Lounge* - Portland, OR - $16 9pm September 10th: *Fillmore* - San Francisco, CA September 11th: *House Of Blues* - Hollywood, CA September 13th: *Gas Lamp Quarter* - San Diego, CA September 17th: *Wasatch Event Center* - Salt Lake City, UT September 18th: *Deep Ellum Live* - Dallas, TX September 19th: *Stubb's BBQ* - Austin, TX September 21st: *Liberty Lunch* - Austin, TX September 23rd: *William Jewel College* - Liberty, MO October 4th: *Michigan Theater* - Ann Arbor, MI October 8th: *Metropol* - Pittsburgh, PA October 9th: *Bogart's* - Cincinnati, OH October 14th: *Avalon* - Boston, MA Oh yeah... and Rest Awhile is now the song at dialasong.com/ take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html http://members.tripod.com/~tmbgirl/index.html ::DENVER I TELL YOU!::: _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 16:58:01 -0400 (EDT) From: Josh Axelrad Subject: Re: TMBG: IHLTVOHS - it's a real song! Message-ID: They played I Have Learnt the Value of Human Sacrifice on 4/25/97 at IUP. I have the setlist from the show(and need to add it to the page) but it says "Sacrifice in A" which leads me to believe that they sorta change it up and improvise each time they play it -- Jish TMBG.net and the EFnet #TMBG Home Page http://www.tmbg.net/ On Wed, 19 Aug 1998, Robert Plass wrote: > Hello exquisite living people, > > I want to add to the confirmation of the existence of the song, > "I Have Learnt the Value of Human Sacrifice." > > One time after a Mercury Lounge Concert (God- please don't > ask me which one - they're all a blur now), Flans ran back to > the sound board and popped in a cassette and started playing > a song over the Merc Lounge sound system. We clearly heard > the lyrics, "I'm sick of.." from the refrain. We went up to him and > asked him what it was and he said, "Oh, just something we recorded > today that I wanted to hear." > > So apparently, They have recorded this as a real song. I suspect > that this recording was used as the background clip for the previously > mentioned NPR interview. > > This is a true rarity, but it does exist, and is not a rumored song. > The "IHLTVOHS is a hoax" rumor surfaces every once in a while, > nevertheless. It's real! I heard it with my own eyes! > > Robert Plass > ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980820210635.27575.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Josh Buckland" Subject: TMBG: video, posters, and STD Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 14:06:34 PDT Hey there! 1) Has anyone caught view of the comp video? I have yet to see it. 2) Has anyone caught view of a TMBG poster? I have yet to see one. 3) Is anyone in the least bit disatisfied (not countin Carla or myself) with STD? I like it and all, but I can't help feeling the least bit ripped off... Josh "you love him and, yet, you hate him" Buckland dilbert_2000@hotmail.com ICQ#: 17262308 contact me! http://profiles.yahoo.com/LeChuck__ Linda Wheatley: Karl, you know what? Melinda here was voted employee of the month at the dollar store last February. Isn't that something? Karl Childers: Yes ma'am, I reckon. Melinda: Well, when you like pricing items as much as I do, it's just bound to happen sooner or later, I guess. "Sling Blade" ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Message-ID: <201f8a4a.35dc932e@aol.com> Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 17:20:45 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: About Me In a message dated 8/20/98 4:03:02 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tmbgirl@juno.com writes: << yeah but then you get stupid CD's like cracker's "kerosene hat" where there are 99 tracks with the majority of the 'secret tracks' being 3 second clips of nothing. >> and cub's "box of hair"... sarah ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 17:25:36 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG:STD In a message dated 8/20/98 4:24:28 PM Eastern Daylight Time, mr.train@juno.com writes: << I was just wondering... and this goes for Then:TEY as well... Did anyone else keep the little paper thing that came on top of the CD case? the thing that describes the CD? I was just wondering if I was really obsessive or not... >> yup... i put the STD one inside the case under the cd tray thing, and the TEY one is.... probably still in my clear-sleeve-cover french binder from last year.. sarah ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 15:44:23 -0600 Subject: Re: TMBG: video, posters, and STD Message-ID: <19980820.154427.3182.5.TMBgirl@juno.com> >2) Has anyone caught view of a TMBG poster? I have yet to see one. yeah... in the latest info club newsletter... take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html http://members.tripod.com/~tmbgirl/index.html _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.5.32.19980820181953.00870360@mailin.icdc.com> Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 18:19:53 -0400 From: "J. L. Moquin" Subject: Re: TMBG:STD KdsInThHal@nThHal.com wrote: >In a message dated 8/20/98 4:24:28 PM Eastern Daylight Time, mr.train@juno.com >writes: > ><< I was just wondering... and this goes for Then:TEY as well... > > Did anyone else keep the little paper thing that came on top of the CD > case? the thing that describes the CD? > I was just wondering if I was really obsessive or not... > >> > >yup... i put the STD one inside the case under the cd tray thing, and the TEY >one is.... probably still in my clear-sleeve-cover french binder from last >year.. > >sarah I did the same thing. I also did this with my "Unsupervised" CD. -jennifer, mommy to alice the bean, 8/15/97 NEW WEB URL: http://www.kjsl.com/~beanmom/ mailto:beanmom@icdc.com "...adults are just obsolete children and the hell with them." -- Dr. Seuss ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 16:40:28 -0600 Subject: Re: TMBG: The Onion interview Message-ID: <19980820.164038.3182.6.TMBgirl@juno.com> hEY HEy kiddies! >Apologies if this has been posted before, but there's an awesome >interview at: >http://avclub.theonion.com/ THEY MIGHT BE IN THE ONION!!! anyways... the onion, for those of you that aren't familiar with that paper has got to be the funniest thing... anyways... They Might Be Giants are in fact in the paper (not just the online bit) I picked up a grip of copies (why not, it's free!!). i'm more than willing to send copies to anyone if you just send me postage. (keep in mind that this paper isn't for like 12 year olds... ) if not for the article on TMBG get it for the horoscpes. :) take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html http://members.tripod.com/~tmbgirl/index.html _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 16:42:18 -0600 Subject: Re: TMBG: video, posters, and STD Message-ID: <19980820.164304.3182.7.TMBgirl@juno.com> >>2) Has anyone caught view of a TMBG poster? I have yet to see one. > >yeah... in the latest info club newsletter... i hate to reply to my own message but the picture of Them in the Onion is large enough to be a poster... take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html http://members.tripod.com/~tmbgirl/index.html ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19980820225605.006e89a4@cybnetonline.com> Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 17:56:05 -0500 From: "The Li'l Depressed Boy" Subject: NON-TMBG: The Onion interview At 04:40 PM 8/20/98 -0600, tmbgirl@juno.com wrote: >THEY MIGHT BE IN THE ONION!!! anyways... the onion, for those of you >that aren't familiar with that paper has got to be the funniest thing... >anyways... They Might Be Giants are in fact in the paper (not just the >online bit) I picked up a grip of copies (why not, it's free!!). > Actually I tend to disagree. It appears to me to be (yes I've seen it) a magazine/newspaper thrown together in five minutes. Fake stories, half-assed reviews, shoddy interviews, and millions of ads is all "The Onion" is. It seems like the only reason why this li'l paper exists is to sell ads. I'm a tad disheartened by the fact that They are in it. LDB -- (this site cuts the amount of URL's I put in my Sig) My Web Page Index: http://www.cybnetonline.com/users/njack/ TMBG | D.U.M.B. NEWS | Mr. Gone Font -- Contemporary Cartoon Militia is (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble and Kris W. M. Struble. The Li'l Depressed Boy, Phreeck, Spyder Hunt, and all related characters (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199808202309.TAA06031@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 19:05:34 -0400 From: Mitchell Harding Subject: Re: TMBG: video, posters, and STD >1) Has anyone caught view of the comp video? I have yet to see it. Quoth Mr. Flansburgh after the Mono Puff concert on the 18th: "It will be out before Christmas". He also confirmed that Dr. Worm will be on it. >2) Has anyone caught view of a TMBG poster? I have yet to see one. Nope. >3) Is anyone in the least bit disatisfied (not countin Carla or myself) >with STD? I like it and all, but I can't help feeling the least bit >ripped off... Personally, I (and all of the occupants of my apartment) love it. Harf, Mitch ------------------------------ Subject: TMBG: Istanbul Cd Message-ID: <19980820.200632.10191.0.captainmarvel2@juno.com> From: captainmarvel2@juno.com (Derek A Klein) Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 20:07:57 EDT Well, after being screwed by Compact Discovery, I find myself about 9 dollars poorer, but still without a copy of Istanbul to call my very own. So I'm back to say that if anyone knows where I can find a copy, let me know. Thanks. Derek "Egad, a base tone denotes a bad age" _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 18:52:03 -0600 Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: The Onion interview Message-ID: <19980820.190002.11094.0.TMBgirl@juno.com> > It seems like the only reason why this li'l paper exists >is to >sell ads. brotha, i have yet to see *any* paper that isn't out there for the same purpose (counting classifieds as ads) much less a *free* paper that doesn't have lotsa ads. take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html http://members.tripod.com/~tmbgirl/index.html _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19980821011021.006edf40@cybnetonline.com> Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 20:10:21 -0500 From: "The Li'l Depressed Boy" Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: The Onion interview At 06:52 PM 8/20/98 -0600, tmbgirl@juno.com wrote: >> It seems like the only reason why this li'l paper exists >>is to >>sell ads. > >brotha, i have yet to see *any* paper that isn't out there for the same >purpose (counting classifieds as ads) >much less a *free* paper that doesn't have lotsa ads. > But usualy a paper includes good writing, enticing someone to pick up the next issue. The Onion's writing is lack luster at best, and that's me being nice. I understand it's a free paper, and I'm not really against the ads, just the bad writing, they should put a li'l more effort into it. LDB -- (this site cuts the amount of URL's I put in my Sig) My Web Page Index: http://www.cybnetonline.com/users/njack/ TMBG | D.U.M.B. NEWS | Mr. Gone Font -- Contemporary Cartoon Militia is (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble and Kris W. M. Struble. The Li'l Depressed Boy, Phreeck, Spyder Hunt, and all related characters (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980821012845.15012.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "VoVat Quetzalcoatlus" Subject: Re: TMBG: IHLTVOHS - it's a real song! Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 18:28:44 PDT Jish wrote: >They played I Have Learnt the Value of Human Sacrifice on 4/25/97 at IUP. Yes, that was the one concert I attended. That was before I owned any of Their albums, y'know. -- Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ "The puffin sipped at his herbal tea and sighed, 'You can't get the buttons these days.'" ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980821013205.8971.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "VoVat Quetzalcoatlus" Subject: Re: TMBG: video, posters, and STD Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 18:32:04 PDT Josh Buckland wrote: >2) Has anyone caught view of a TMBG poster? I have yet to see one. I know a few people who have posters from the Factory Showroom tour. I'm not one of them, though. >3) Is anyone in the least bit disatisfied (not countin Carla or myself) >with STD? I like it and all, but I can't help feeling the least bit >ripped off... I don't really feel ripped off (although I probably was, having purchased it at The Wall). It could certainly have been better, but it could have been a lot worse, too. -- Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ "The puffin sipped at his herbal tea and sighed, 'You can't get the buttons these days.'" ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: WeepDay@aol.com Message-ID: <76581e83.35dcd0dc@aol.com> Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 21:43:55 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: video, posters, and STD <> I have a german one promoting the Flood tour.....It has most of the cover of Flood, and just says They Might Be Giants in huge red letters, down at the bottem it says stuff in german and has a phone number, i guess to call for tickets.....=) Alias Athena ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 22:34:02 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: video, posters, and STD Message-ID: <19980820.223427.13886.0.Superman75@juno.com> From: superman75@juno.com (Adam Schaaf) hi. >I have a german one promoting the Flood tour.....It has most of the >cover of >Flood, and just says They Might Be Giants in huge red letters, down at >the >bottem it says stuff in german and has a phone number, i guess to call >for >tickets.....=) sounds like that's dial-a-song? dollars to donuts says the number on your poster is 1-718-387-6962. adam schaaf, NNNNNAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRHHHHHH. _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-ID: <35DCE043.11D6@geocities.com> Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 19:49:39 -0700 From: Vladimir Drakul Subject: Re: TMBG: My Dr. Worm remix is done Carla Stagles wrote: > > > Well, I sat down dilligently to finish it & it's done...my Dr. Worm > remix... > > well done Jason :) > this thing really grows on you.. like fungus i guess. Uhh... what's the URL? Did I miss something? -- Vladimir Drakul -- http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Heights/7343/ ******************************************************************* "Is everything normal now?" "And crawling on the "Well, he hasn't got planet's face... some religious mania, and he's called the Human Race. not running around in a Lost in time, and lost circle spouting Gilbert in space... and Sullivan, so I guess ...and meaning." he's normal." ------------------------------ Message-ID: <35DD56D1.5AAF@tmbg.org> Date: Fri, 21 Aug 1998 11:15:29 +0000 From: FatBob Smith Teen Angst Idol Subject: Re: TMBG:STD mr.train@juno.com wrote: > > I was just wondering... and this goes for Then:TEY as well... > > Did anyone else keep the little paper thing that came on top of the CD > case? the thing that describes the CD? > I was just wondering if I was really obsessive or not... > i kept mine...so you certainly aren't alone! -- Lorelei (Laura) leader of the mmmbop world domination society *************** A N G S T I N C. ******************* ~~~~~~~ http://www.vianet.net.au/~ophidian ~~~~~~~~~~ \~o If I were a carpenter, I'd hammer on my piglet I'd collect the seven dollars and I'd buy a big prosthetic forehead and wear it on my real head! o~/ t m b g ~~~~~~~~~~~~~gratuitous waste of space '98~~~~~~~~~~~ ***************************************************** ------------------------------ From: PROFITEERS@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Fri, 21 Aug 1998 00:18:02 EDT Subject: TMBG: Hatch Shell video girl How come the e-mail adress that the list showed wasn't right for CHRIS CAMBELL who is nice enough to do copies of the Hatch Shell vid. COuld she e-mail me? Thanks. Onto TMBG, I got the new mailing like most, thing I'll finally get Linnell's CDs although I do have them on tape but the price is right :) I saw the tour dates and they show Milwaukee and Madison for the upcoming otur, now I wonder if they are coming back to Milwaukee after just playing there this month or that was considered part of the tour, or if my only hope is seeing them in Madison again, hopefully at the Barrymore, all the shows I've seen THEM there since Flood tour have been awesome! Todd ------------------------------ From: ArwenAnaNg@aol.com Message-ID: <49dfe3c6.35dcf60d@aol.com> Date: Fri, 21 Aug 1998 00:22:36 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG:STD In a message dated 8/20/98 4:24:28 PM Eastern Daylight Time, mr.train@juno.com writes: > I was just wondering... and this goes for Then:TEY as well... > > Did anyone else keep the little paper thing that came on top of the CD > case? the thing that describes the CD? > I was just wondering if I was really obsessive or not... Yep ... I did for both. -- Arwen, a little obsessed, but in a harmless way ------------------------------ Subject: Re: TMBG:STD Message-ID: <19980821.005515.10183.0.captainmarvel2@juno.com> From: captainmarvel2@juno.com (Derek A Klein) Date: Fri, 21 Aug 1998 00:56:29 EDT > I was just wondering... and this goes for Then:TEY as well... > > Did anyone else keep the little paper thing that came on top of the CD case? >the thing that describes the CD? I was just wondering if I was really >obsessive ?or not... Yup, I kept the ones for STD, Then, and Unsupervised. Derek "Egad, a base tone denotes a bad age" _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 22:42:03 -0700 Subject: TMBG: Poster Message-ID: <19980820.224334.15486.2.jnielsen69@juno.com> From: jnielsen69@juno.com (Josh Nielsen) Who got their STD poster in the mail today?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Josh Nielsen jnielsen69@juno.com http://www.angelfire.com/or/jnielsen/ http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Studio/4091 ICQ #1337243 _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #9-21 *****************************