Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #9-24 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 9, Number 24 Monday, 24 August 1998 Today's Topics: Re:Subject: TMBG: Wall Of Sound review Re:Subject: TMBG: Wall Of Sound review Re:Subject: TMBG: Wall Of Sound review Re:Subject: TMBG: Wall Of Sound review TMBG:Good looking? Re: TMBG:Good looking? Re: TMBG: Accordion players Re: TMBG:Good looking? Re: TMBG: Accordion players Re: TMBG:Good looking? TMBG: RE: Good looking PART 2 Re: TMBG:Good looking? Re: TMBG:Good looking? TMBG: Re: Flansburgh, man of the UNIVERSE! TMBG: Ann Arbor show Re: TMBG:Good looking? Re: TMBG:Good looking? Re: TMBG:Good looking? Re: TMBG: Ann Arbor show Re: TMBG:Good looking? Re: TMBG:Good looking? Re: TMBG:Good looking? Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-Id: <199808231506.LAA00706@pop.snet.net> From: "dext182" Date: Sun, 23 Aug 1998 11:03:30 +0000 Subject: Re:Subject: TMBG: Wall Of Sound review > > > > Back in 1986, the year They Might Be Giants' first album was released, > > there was a serious lack of comedy in rock. Sure, a lot of the New Wave-y > > singles of the early '80s were bouncy and frothy, but they weren't funny, > > and most radio fare of the decade strove for meaning and spirituality, not > > fun and games. Armed with an electric guitar and an accordion, John > > Flansburgh and John Linnell made quite a dent in pop music's armor of > > seriousness with their loopy debut... > > > Maybe I shouldn't complain considering its a very positive review but this guy, > like many others, (including some fans) just don't get it. It never occurred to me that > TMBG are a comedy rock band. That's because they're not. If you think they are that's > fine. Occasionally, I react with laughter to some of their ideas but if humor was supposed > to be their goal, I'd have to say that they failed miserably. > > It seems some people are incapable on distinguishing the difference between comedy > and something that is odd/unique/witty (... or whatever you'd call TMBG). Anyone who would > call TMBG "comedy musicians" would probably call Rene Magritte a "comedy painter". how can you NOT find it funny? everytime i listen to anything of theirs, i just want to crack up... lets compare TMBG to... lets say.... uh... Nirvana. yeah... ok. where's the humor in THEIR songs? writing about drug addictions, death, etc... while THEY spend so much time in, say, Ana Ng just getting the point across that this person lives on the other side of the world. thats funny, witty, whatever you want to call it. it makes me laugh. and then, last night i was eating supper with my sister and father, and my sister and i were talking about They Got Lost... and my sister sang the verse about taking a turn and then seeing a crinkle if the map is right. my dad cracked up. laughing histerically. thats funny. so i'll have to agree that they bring a sort of humor into the music. you don't find their odd ideas anywhere else, thats for sure. and it certainly wasn't popular to be funny/witty/humorous in music yet when they started.... ~Jen~ ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 23 Aug 1998 17:25:36 +0200 (DFT) From: Anders Gabrielsson Subject: Re:Subject: TMBG: Wall Of Sound review Message-Id: On Sun, 23 Aug 1998, dext182 wrote: > > Maybe I shouldn't complain considering its a very positive review but this guy, > > like many others, (including some fans) just don't get it. It never occurred to me that > > TMBG are a comedy rock band. That's because they're not. If you think they are that's > > fine. Occasionally, I react with laughter to some of their ideas but if humor was supposed > > to be their goal, I'd have to say that they failed miserably. > > > > It seems some people are incapable on distinguishing the difference between comedy > > and something that is odd/unique/witty (... or whatever you'd call TMBG). Anyone who would > > call TMBG "comedy musicians" would probably call Rene Magritte a "comedy painter". > > how can you NOT find it funny? everytime i listen to anything of > theirs, i just want to crack up... lets compare TMBG to... lets > say.... uh... Nirvana. yeah... ok. where's the humor in THEIR songs? > writing about drug addictions, death, etc... while THEY spend so much > time in, say, Ana Ng just getting the point across that this person > lives on the other side of the world. thats funny, witty, whatever > you want to call it. it makes me laugh. I think They write comedy songs, but often about serious subjects. Some people don't see beyond the surface - they just think "Darn, those people are funny!" - while others start to think when they look deeper. I'm not saying it's somehow wrong or inferior to think of their songs as funny, or to stop there, nor that what I find in the songs was intentionally put there by Them. All art is subjective, and all that stuff. :) BTW, I'm new to this list, so please be gentle with me. :) Anders Gabrielsson anders@stp.ling.uu.se The contents of this message belong to me and nobody else. So there! May you have the knowledge of a sage, and the wisdom of a child. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <002801bdceae$ce95d840$7b896fc6@kbrodbecremcen.ehhs.cmich.edu> From: "Kirsten Brodbeck" Subject: Re: Re:Subject: TMBG: Wall Of Sound review Date: Sun, 23 Aug 1998 11:38:15 -0400 Jen wrote: >so i'll have to agree that they bring a sort of humor into the music. >you don't find their odd ideas anywhere else, thats for sure. and it >certainly wasn't popular to be funny/witty/humorous in music yet >when >they started.... I don't think the poster of the original message was suggesting that TMBG aren't funny - they do bring a sense of absurdity and humor to nearly every subject they touch. But the thing that many reviewers (and some fans) seem to miss is the fact that not all of their songs are written for the purpose of being funny. They're not a comedy band, a "joke band" or anything like that, and that's the image that sometimes get projected in reviews. Other TMBG content: My friend Phil is sooo cool - he just gave me all of his TMBG singles because he's trying to simplify his life and thought I'd like them more than he did anyway. (I've learned this is a good way to get stuff - last time he did this I got his Pogues album) Of course, I don't get them completely free - he stole my last Coke before he schlepped out the door, and I have to make him a dub of "Yellow Submarine." A small price to pay for SEXXY, Back to Skull, and the Instanbul single. Kirsten /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ "And also, we're just not that good-looking." - John Flansburgh, TMBG kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu - Kirsten Brodbeck - AKA Crow ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980823161558.14689.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "VoVat Quetzalcoatlus" Subject: Re:Subject: TMBG: Wall Of Sound review Date: Sun, 23 Aug 1998 09:15:57 PDT Jen wrote: >> It seems some people are incapable on distinguishing the differenc= >e between comedy >> and something that is odd/unique/witty (... or whatever you'd call TMBG= >). Anyone who would >> call TMBG "comedy musicians" would probably call Ren=E9 Magritte a "com= >edy painter". > >how can you NOT find it funny? everytime i listen to anything of=20 >theirs, i just want to crack up... lets compare TMBG to... lets=20 >say.... uh... Nirvana. yeah... ok. where's the humor in THEIR songs?=20 >writing about drug addictions, death, etc... while THEY spend so much=20 >time in, say, Ana Ng just getting the point across that this person=20 >lives on the other side of the world. thats funny, witty, whatever=20 >you want to call it. it makes me laugh. Well, John and John have written songs about drug addiction and death. The thing that makes the Johns amusing and witty is the style in which such songs are written. Anyway, I certainly wouldn't consider TMBG to be a comedy band. Some people seem to insist that any band that does anything humorous just HAS to be a comedy band. These often tend to be the same people who think that no comedy band can be worth listening to. Oh, well. -- Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ "The puffin sipped at his herbal tea and sighed, 'You can't get the buttons these days.'" ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <35E00EEC.63D08BEC@tmbg.org> Date: Sun, 23 Aug 1998 12:45:35 +0000 From: Feeny Subject: TMBG:Good looking? <"And also, we're just not that good-looking." - John Flansburgh, TMBG> Does everyone agree with this statement? Personally, I think that both Johns are somewhat attractive in their own way. My friend Jill and I have spent countless hours watching the DLS video and drooling over Linny's cute, geeky smile and his veins. He has very nice veins in his forearms. Ladies, do you agree that the Johns are cute? Smiles, Charis ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.5.32.19980823125023.007c7320@w3.icdc.com> Date: Sun, 23 Aug 1998 12:50:23 -0400 From: "J. L. Moquin" Subject: Re: TMBG:Good looking? Feeny wrote: ><"And also, we're just not that good-looking." > - John Flansburgh, >TMBG> > >Does everyone agree with this statement? Personally, I think that both >Johns are somewhat attractive in their own way. My friend Jill and I >have spent countless hours watching the DLS video and drooling over >Linny's cute, geeky smile and his veins. He has very nice veins in his >forearms. Ladies, do you agree that the Johns are cute? > Smiles, > Charis Yep, I think both the Johns are very attractive, especially Linnell, who reminds me a lot of my husband. ;) But I'm not sure how cute they'd be if I didn't know they were cool and witty and intelligent and nifty and talented and in an awesome band. -jennifer, mommy to alice the bean, 8/15/97 http://www.kjsl.com/~beanmom/ mailto:beanmom@icdc.com "...adults are just obsolete children and the hell with them." -- Dr. Seuss ------------------------------ From: cambot@juno.com Date: Sun, 23 Aug 1998 13:01:51 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: Accordion players Message-ID: <19980823.130154.8702.0.Cambot@juno.com> I would have to admit to being one, &, yes, I CAN play Doctor Worm in it's entirety (even if it is in the key of G instead of F#). I took it up about a year ago & I still don't know what the hell those little black buttons do (yes, they are bass keys, but which is which? very confusing...). It's not actually mine but my mom's. I found it up in our attic & oddly enough, it's an ELEKTRA accordion. I know they don't make those anymore. Actually, keyboards are more my bag. I play for my *SHAMELESS PLUG* band, The Dojo's. We have a neat little web page you can go to at http://www.geocities.com/sunsetstrip/mezzanine/2495 Why don't you go there right now? I'll still be here whe you get back. Half Asleep Steve! BTW, What does TDA stand for? _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: gray42@juno.com Date: Sun, 23 Aug 1998 12:58:06 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG:Good looking? Message-ID: <19980823.125852.14406.0.gray42@juno.com> On Sun, 23 Aug 1998 12:45:35 +0000 Feeny writes: ><"And also, we're just not that good-looking." > - John Flansburgh, >TMBG> > >Does everyone agree with this statement? Personally, I think that both >Johns are somewhat attractive in their own way. My friend Jill and I >have spent countless hours watching the DLS video and drooling over >Linny's cute, geeky smile and his veins. He has very nice veins in his >forearms. Ladies, do you agree that the Johns are cute? > Smiles, > Charis > > > Oh Gawd Yes! That is the same exact vidio I drool over, does anyone notice how absurdly thin he looks in that vidio. Oh yeah, another drool vidio for me is Birdhouse, L love thos mischevous faces he keeps making into the camera. And they're both soooo young looking, also. I also must add that I prefered Linnell's hair was long, call it a long hair on guys heads fetish. As for Flansburgh, in The Statue got me high, they were both gorgeous. Flansie in a screaming maniac (I love dat) sort of way. And Linnell in that classic television serious scientist sort of way. Does anyone notice how much more happy and silly Linnell seems in comparison with his interview and poster personality. Mr. G. (who personally believes she looks better with a shaved head) "There's only 120 minutes to the show, and only 120 minutes left to go. Then we die, then we die." -- John &John on 120 min. ICQ# 9585405 MST3K#88182 gray42@juno.com http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 The Official Project Omicrom website: www.geocities.com/SoHo/Square/9007 _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980823130300.006a16a0@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Sun, 23 Aug 1998 13:03:00 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: Accordion players At 01:01 PM 8/23/98 -0400, cambot@juno.com wrote: > >BTW, What does TDA stand for? Those Darn Accordions! (the exclamation point is actually part of the band's name.) http://globerecords.com/tda/ -Adam -- /=---------------- http://www.he-man.org/ctyner/ ----------------=\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! Demented music list admin O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ Message-ID: <001401bdceb9$385afa80$cb061ecf@default> From: "Green Jello" Subject: Re: TMBG:Good looking? Date: Sun, 23 Aug 1998 13:12:29 -0400 >do you agree that the Johns are cute? It's about you start loving me for more than my charm and priceless wit... as a John I accept your love and adoration. Thank you. Brother John "Green Jello" ------------------------------ Message-ID: <002201bdceb9$f128daa0$cb061ecf@default> From: "Green Jello" Subject: TMBG: RE: Good looking PART 2 Date: Sun, 23 Aug 1998 13:17:42 -0400 >do you agree that the Johns are cute? It's about ******TIME******* you started loving me for more than my charm and priceless wit... as a John I accept your love and adoration. Thank you. Brother John "Green Jello" ------------------------------ Message-ID: <000a01bdceca$f12cc280$87896fc6@kbrodbecremcen.ehhs.cmich.edu> From: "Kirsten Brodbeck" Subject: Re: TMBG:Good looking? Date: Sun, 23 Aug 1998 15:19:25 -0400 ><"And also, we're just not that good-looking." > - John Flansburgh, >TMBG> > >Does everyone agree with this statement? Not particularly - I think they're both quite good-looking. As a matter of fact, I had a long-time crush on a boy who looked remarkably like Linnell... And Flansy's no slouch, either. But I found the quote amusing. :) Kirsten /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/ "And also, we're just not that good-looking." - John Flansburgh, TMBG kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu - Kirsten Brodbeck - AKA Crow ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 23 Aug 1998 16:10:35 -0500 (CDT) From: bill tatalovich Subject: Re: TMBG:Good looking? Message-ID: > Does everyone agree with this statement? Personally, I think that both > Johns are somewhat attractive in their own way. My friend Jill and I > have spent countless hours watching the DLS video and drooling over > Linny's cute, geeky smile and his veins. He has very nice veins in his > forearms. Ladies, do you agree that the Johns are cute? First off, I am offended that the question was merely asked of the "ladies." I mean, guys can honestly comment on the attractiveness of other males, although most choose not to merely to avoid being stereotyped as gay. In any event, I will have to say that Linnell manages to be pretty attractive sometimes. I've said it before, i'll say it again...the moment in the "They'll Need a Crane" video where he sings "I didn't mean to say nightmare..." and looks at the camera...man. Great moment. But sometimes in person he looks a little, well, emaciated. Maybe it's just me.... "Labels are for food, and a commodity I may be, but I sure ain't food," The Rev |~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~| | Reverend Bill Tatalovich | Home page: | | | http://students.cec.wustl.edu/~wt3/ | | wt3@cec.wustl.edu | feedback for toddlers e-zine: | | personnel@kwur.wustl.edu | http://www.poboxes.com/fft/ | ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980823220924.3296.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Josh Buckland" Subject: TMBG: Re: Flansburgh, man of the UNIVERSE! Date: Sun, 23 Aug 1998 15:09:21 PDT Please see my note at the bottom. >>>Subject: VOTE FOR FLANSY >>> >>> Please vote for John Flansburgh (from "They Might Be Giants", >>> my FAV group) as Time Magazine's Man of the Century. >>>They are running an online poll where normal people like you and me >get >>>to choose who we think is the Man of the Century-the most influential >>>figure in our time. Who else should rock our world, and the poll, but John Flansburgh! Let's show >>>them who's still THE best John of the Giants! Go to the URL: >>>http://www.pathfinder.com/time/time100/poc/century.html and type in >>John >>>Flansburgh as your pick for Man of the Century. Forward this to as many >>>people as you can. If you've gotten this many times, keep voting! >Don't >>>delete it! And please type exactly "John Flansburgh" Capital J, Capital >F, >>>the rest lowercase. This is to keep the percentage of votes under one >>>John leading, so as not to throw things off!!! Right now, John is >>>doing well, but not by much. Please, don't let Hitler, man of >>>destruction, death, and hatred, win out over the man who wrote Particlman. Please vote!! >>> On a more specific note, John Flansburgh is the true ginious behind They Might Be Giants, or, TMBG. Their music is so strangly powerful, you can't help being consumed, from the play button, untill the point were the CD ends. The second half of TMBG, John Linnell (TMBG consists of only two members), made 9th place in People's 50 most Beutiful People poll. To make a name for both of them, and get Flansburgh where he deserves to be, let's get him there. So, come on people, give into the genious!!!! For more TMBG info., visit http://www.tmbg.org Or, the official site, at http://www.tmbg.com So remember, Jesus is big, but Flansburgh is, uh... in a music group. Your friend, Josh Buckland dilbert_2000@hotmail.com ICQ#: 17262308 contact me! http://profiles.yahoo.com/LeChuck__ "Every jumbled pile of person has thinking part that wonders what the part that isn't thinking, isn't thinking of." "They call me Dr. Worm. Good morning, how are you, I'm Dr. Worm. I'm interested in things. I'm not a real doctor but I am a real worm, I am an actual worm." -John Flansburgh and John Linnell, TMBG ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <35E093E5.D52645CE@mich.com> Date: Sun, 23 Aug 1998 18:12:54 -0400 From: Chapman Subject: TMBG: Ann Arbor show Does anyone know anything about the Ann Arbor show at the michigan theater? When do the tickets go on sale? Any information would be appreiciated. rich ------------------------------ From: ArwenAnaNg@aol.com Message-ID: <33bd72b2.35e0a588@aol.com> Date: Sun, 23 Aug 1998 19:28:07 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG:Good looking? On this ever important topic, I have two words for you; Flansburgh is GOD! Not to knock Linnell, mind you, but Flansy has it ALL over him!! -- Arwen, who never waivers on this topic ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980824025536.8609.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Josh Buckland" Subject: Re: TMBG:Good looking? Date: Sun, 23 Aug 1998 19:55:35 PDT >On this ever important topic, I have two words for you; > >Flansburgh is GOD! > I lost count, how much was that, again??? Josh Buckland dilbert_2000@hotmail.com ICQ#: 17262308 contact me! http://profiles.yahoo.com/LeChuck__ Linda Wheatley: Karl, you know what? Melinda here was voted employee of the month at the dollar store last February. Isn't that something? Karl Childers: Yes ma'am, I reckon. Melinda: Well, when you like pricing items as much as I do, it's just bound to happen sooner or later, I guess. "Sling Blade" ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199808240309.LAA19060@vector.wantree.com.au> From: "Carla Stagles" Subject: Re: TMBG:Good looking? Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 11:08:04 +0800 Women and men all over the world know it! Linnell is the KING of the dweeby boys, the mad scientist of everyone's dreams, the thinking girl's (and guy's) poster boy! God damn, people like him aren't given enough attention. There is a market for slender, intelligent looking guys. Give women some credit, we don't ALL want to be picked up and ravaged by some Fabio-look-alike bimbo in a sports car. Down with beefcake and up with Linnell! Carla "S-E-X-X-Y" PS. yes, flans is lovely too (especially when he was young) i just have an aversion to tubby boys. sorry. ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199808240314.XAA18336@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Date: Sun, 23 Aug 1998 23:10:42 -0400 From: Mitchell Harding Subject: Re: TMBG: Ann Arbor show At 06:12 PM 8/23/98 -0400, you wrote: >Does anyone know anything about the Ann Arbor show at the michigan theater? When do >the tickets go on sale? >Any information would be appreiciated. I can't give you any information about the show in Ann Arbor. Hell, I don't even know where Ann Arbor is (outside of being in Michigan), and frankly, I don't give a rat's ass (or the posterior of any member of rodentia). Let me tell you something -- unless you were in 'Nam, unless you watched your buddies die face down in the mud....unless your commanding officer sold the internal organs of his platoon in order to buy ammunition (that turned out to be the wrong harfing caliber!)... unless you were THERE, then you have no place to speak. I looked Charlie in the eye and wasn't found wanting. What about you? I didn't think so. So the next time you feel like inquiring about a concert, maybe you'll think of all the young men whose lives were lost overseas fighting that godless war, and just maybe you'll think twice before posting that message. I didn't fight in 'Nam to have a two bit punk like you mouth off about the show at Ann Arbor. You want to talk about a show? I remember a nice one that I took part in myself at Hill 352. You might have found it a bit loud for your tastes, and a little rougher than you might like. I didn't ask to be there, but I did my job. Just remember that, you pusillanimous maggot... In closing, let me alter a humorous advertisement for my own ends: Number of world wars BEFORE Ask Room 820 Two Number of world wars AFTER Ask Room 820 Zero Mitch Harding "Natives who beat drums to drive off evil spirits are objects of scorn to smart Americans who blow horns to break up traffic jams." Support the Harf Project: All your questions answered, all your problems solved: ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Sun, 23 Aug 1998 23:15:15 -0400 From: Mitchell Harding Subject: Re: TMBG:Good looking? >PS. yes, flans is lovely too (especially when he was young) i just have an >aversion to tubby boys. sorry. Have you seen Flans lately? Tubby? You, my dear, are harfed in the head, as they say in the Bay of Biscay. What? You don't know what the Harf Project is? Well, just visit and you'll know all about it. You'll see the error of your wars. Oh yes, and while I'm mentioning web pages that are better than envelopes, you ought to pay a visit to It may well change your life. But back to the point of this message: Both Flans and Linnell are very attractive, and although I know this isn't a popular opinion, I like both of them equally, with respect to music, appearance, and all other categories that come to mind. Oh yeah, and let me add fuel to the flame by digging myself even deeper (not to mix metaphors): I LOVE the songs O Do No Forsake Me, (She Was A) Hotel Detective, Theme From Flood, and (gasp) XTC vs. Adam Ant. That is all. Mitch Harding "Natives who beat drums to drive off evil spirits are objects of scorn to smart Americans who blow horns to break up traffic jams." Support the Harf Project: All your questions answered, all your problems solved: ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199808240342.LAA01257@vector.wantree.com.au> From: "Carla Stagles" Subject: Re: TMBG:Good looking? Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 11:40:59 +0800 > >PS. yes, flans is lovely too (especially when he was young) i just have an > >aversion to tubby boys. sorry. > > Have you seen Flans lately? > Tubby? > You, my dear, are harfed in the head, as they say in the Bay of Biscay. that may well be the case. and no, i haven't seen ANY johns lately because they haven't been here for about two years. but when they WERE here, flans was... large. i gave him the benefit of the doubt when i said "tubby", i figured he might have lost some weight or something. also, bear in mind that on average Australians are smaller than Americans so Flans will look bigger to me than he does to you. (that wasn't a veiled insult... well not a very well veiled one ;)... i am not calling all Americans Fat Asses. Americans are, on average, 3 inches taller than Aussies. Americans are just Bigger, They Might Be Giants, as a matter of fact) Very proud she could work that in there, Carla "gibbedy gib gib giboo" ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19980824034338.006d6c08@cybnetonline.com> Date: Sun, 23 Aug 1998 22:43:38 -0500 From: "The Li'l Depressed Boy" Subject: Re: TMBG:Good looking? At 07:28 PM 8/23/98 EDT, ArwenAnaNg@aol.com wrote: >On this ever important topic, I have two words for you; > >Flansburgh is GOD! > >Not to knock Linnell, mind you, but Flansy has it ALL over him!! > Heh, I expected this answer from you. :) Well, speaking from my own warped male perception. Although I'm not attracted to either. (Heh, heh. There's the rub. :) I think Linell is gangly, that scares me. LDB, who aint atracted to males. :) -- (this site cuts the amount of URL's I put in my Sig) My Web Page Index: http://www.cybnetonline.com/users/njack/ TMBG | D.U.M.B. NEWS | Mr. Gone Font -- Contemporary Cartoon Militia is (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble and Kris W. M. Struble. The Li'l Depressed Boy, Phreeck, Spyder Hunt, and all related characters (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #9-24 *****************************