Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #9-25 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 9, Number 25 Tuesday, 25 August 1998 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG:Good looking? Re: TMBG:Good looking? TMBG: accordionating for fun and profit! (fwd) TMBG: They as Comedy --- A Bite of the Onion Re: TMBG:Good looking? Re: TMBG:Good looking? Re: TMBG:Good looking? Re: TMBG:Good looking? Re: TMBG:Good looking? Re: TMBG: other parody Re: TMBG:Good looking? Re: TMBG: other parody Re: TMBG:Good looking? Re: TMBG:Good looking? TMBG: TDK's TMBG sound page updated! NON-TMBG: Genius TMBG: They Might Be...Gorgeous? (was Re: Good looking?) TMBG: Dial-A-Song? You COULD call it TMBG: I saw Flansy! Re: TMBG: They Might Be...Gorgeous? (was Re: Good looking?) Re: TMBG: They Might Be...Gorgeous? (was Re: Good looking?) TMBG: Re: Good looking? LONG REPLY!!! TMBG: NON-TMBG I'm Back Re: TMBG: Re: Good looking? LONG REPLY!!! Re: TMBG:Good looking? TMBG: addition to above message Re: TMBG:Good looking? Re: TMBG: addition to above message TMBG: Re: Good looking? LONG REPLY!!! Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-ID: <35E10284.3208@geocities.com> Date: Sun, 23 Aug 1998 23:04:52 -0700 From: Vladimir Drakul Subject: Re: TMBG:Good looking? ArwenAnaNg@aol.com wrote: > > On this ever important topic, I have two words for you; > > Flansburgh is GOD! > > Not to knock Linnell, mind you, but Flansy has it ALL over him!! > > -- Arwen, who never waivers on this topic Proof? Right here, in my sig! -- Vladimir Drakul -- http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Heights/7343/flans-god.jpg ******************************************************************* "Is everything normal now?" "And crawling on the "Well, he hasn't got planet's face... some religious mania, and he's called the Human Race. not running around in a Lost in time, and lost circle spouting Gilbert in space... and Sullivan, so I guess ...and meaning." he's normal." ------------------------------ Message-ID: <35E181A3.479E@tmbg.org> Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 15:07:15 +0000 From: FatBob Smith Teen Angst Idol Subject: Re: TMBG:Good looking? Feeny wrote: > > <"And also, we're just not that good-looking." > - John Flansburgh, > TMBG> > > Does everyone agree with this statement? Personally, I think that both > Johns are somewhat attractive in their own way. My friend Jill and I > have spent countless hours watching the DLS video and drooling over > Linny's cute, geeky smile and his veins. He has very nice veins in his > forearms. Ladies, do you agree that the Johns are cute? > Smiles, > Charis I almost cried when I found out They were married!!! I think they are both verysexy men, especially Flans!!! So he is wrong, wrong and wrong again.They are both very good looking men! But then again, I have a geek fetish, so that may have something to do with it. :) -- Lorelei (Laura) leader of the mmmbop world domination society *************** A N G S T I N C. ******************* ~~~~~~~ http://www.vianet.net.au/~ophidian ~~~~~~~~~~ \~o If I were a carpenter, I'd hammer on my piglet I'd collect the seven dollars and I'd buy a big prosthetic forehead and wear it on my real head! o~/ t m b g ~~~~~~~~~~~~~gratuitous waste of space '98~~~~~~~~~~~ ***************************************************** ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 01:09:47 -0600 (MDT) From: J Kuemmerle Subject: TMBG: accordionating for fun and profit! (fwd) Message-ID: regarding what to do with all those little black buttons: this is a message i posted sometime in february that should explain it... --jim kuemmerle, who hopes your buttons are black rather than some gaudy color like baby blue or, god forbid, gold with little glittery thingies... j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668/ ***begin forwarded message***: accordion chords are the same as guitar chords or piano chords. what kind of accordion is it? is it the kind with the buttons on the left hand side? if it is, there should be a button about halfway down that's dimpled in instead of out. this is your belly button. the accordion should also have a button that's dimpled in instead of out. this plays C. next button down plays F, and after that, Bb, Eb, Ab, Db, etc., etc. going up, it plays G, D, A, E, B, F#, etc... they're arranged in a circle of fifths. put your hand back on the C button. move your finger to the right (toward the inside). this should play an E. it will also be a little below, due to the slanting of the rows, but i'll just call it 'right' to keep it simple. move off to the left, and it should play a C major chord. keep going: C minor, C dominant 7th, C diminished 7th. you now have the ability to play all the simple chords that you might find in tmbg songs. for a song with more complex chords, such as 'stormy pinkness', which has those beautiful major 7ths, you have a few options: 1) figure out combinations of buttons that would give you the chord in question (for example, a C button with a C major button and a G major button will give you a C major 9th). i for one have not been able to remember these combinations while i'm actually playing. instead, i usually: 2) fake it with the right hand. for the C major 9th, for example, i would just play the C major in the left hand, and fill in the major 7th (B) and 9th (D) with the right hand. 3) a third option is to just play simpler chords. for instance, i just looked at the stormy pinkness chords at tmbg.org, and i noticed that they just have simple chords. these will get you by in a pinch, but they definitely lose something. i hope this helps! --jim kuemmerle, running on a platform of balancing the budget rent-a-car and reducing the attention deficit disorder by 2008... j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668/ ------------------------------ Message-ID: <35E14F2F.14F16469@pacificnet.net> Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 03:32:02 -0800 From: Bongo Subject: TMBG: They as Comedy --- A Bite of the Onion I still don't think of TMBG as comedy. I and don't think They do either. Flansburgh said this in The Onion interview: "Some of our stuff is really light-hearted, and some takes a little bit of thinking to understand, but... I don't know, I guess my only problem with that sort of pocket description of the band is that it makes it seem like it's about this really obvious thing--that we're a joke band. And that's really not our bag at all." -B O N G O _____________________________________________ "I dance like my feet are my tongue when I eat" -Geggy Tah ------------------------------ From: ArwenAnaNg@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 08:53:53 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG:Good looking? > Have you seen Flans lately? > Tubby? > You, my dear, are harfed in the head, as they say in the Bay of Biscay. In any shape or size, Flans is a hunka-hunka burnin' love! ^_~ I'd give your right arm for the chance to stand on the bed, cookie in one hand, wig on my head -- Flans is S-E-X-X-Y! He's not *only*, but *especially* for the LADIES! -- Arwen, who is *quite* the "thinking girl" and *still* likes Flansy best! (and uses a *lot* of punctuation in her posts!) Never knock on Death's door; ring the doorbell and run (he hates that). ------------------------------ From: ArwenAnaNg@aol.com Message-ID: <59485eb.35e165a5@aol.com> Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 09:07:48 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG:Good looking? In a message dated 8/24/98 3:11:52 AM Eastern Daylight Time, lorelei@tmbg.org writes: > I almost cried when I found out They were married!!! I think they are > both verysexy men, especially Flans!!! So he is wrong, wrong and wrong > again.They are both very good looking men! But then again, I have a geek > fetish, so that may have something to do with it. :) You GO, girl! ^_~ Nice to have someone on *my* side! ^_^ It's not merely a geek fetish with me ... but an *extreme* case of idol worship. (This would *really* piss off my Rabbi!) -- Arwen, would settle for being a single brain cell in the mind of the master, Flans! "The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth." ------------------------------ From: ArwenAnaNg@aol.com Message-ID: <116bb167.35e167a0@aol.com> Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 09:16:15 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG:Good looking? In a message dated 8/23/98 11:45:57 PM Eastern Daylight Time, stagles@wantree.com.au writes: > also, bear in mind that on average Australians are smaller than Americans > so Flans will look bigger to me than he does to you. (that wasn't a veiled > insult... well not a very well veiled one ;) BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! (ROTFLMAO) ^_^ He's actual size, but he seems much bigger to you. > ... i am not calling all Americans Fat Asses. Most Americans *are* fat asses! > Americans are, on average, 3 inches taller than Aussies. Americans are just > Bigger, They Might Be Giants, as a matter of fact) -- Arwen, is 5'3", 110lbs., and wonders why Aussies are shorter? Gravity? ^_~ Living on Earth is expensive, but it does include a free trip around the sun. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980824144238.5987.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Charis Campbell" Subject: Re: TMBG:Good looking? Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 07:42:37 PDT The Rev wrote: The question was meant for both genders, I don't know why I added the last line. Just to make sure I wasn't the only female on the list who thought they were cute. But I welcome and agree with your opinion, especially about that look he gives in the "They'll Need a Crane" video, makes me all tingly!! :) Well, I *meant* Flansburgh and Linnell, but...OK. :P Charis ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199808241532.KAA10993@cs.utexas.edu> Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 10:32:31 -0500 From: ska-ti-da Subject: Re: TMBG:Good looking? >> Americans are, on average, 3 inches taller than Aussies. Americans are just >> Bigger, They Might Be Giants, as a matter of fact) > >-- Arwen, is 5'3", 110lbs., and wonders why Aussies are shorter? Gravity? it's got to be the coriolis effect.... rabidchild paul swan ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 10:54:28 -0600 (MDT) From: Scot Westwood Subject: Re: TMBG: other parody Message-ID: On Fri, 21 Aug 1998 ErgoTM@o.com wrote: Has anyone been able to confirm that They're coming to Utah, I have the date and location off the web page, but I haven't been able to get any information about tickets or find a phone number for the wasatch event center. Any help would be appreciated. > Jeff "So happy They're coming to Utah he nearly wet himself" Craig > ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 11:38:24 -0600 Subject: Re: TMBG:Good looking? Message-ID: <19980824.114834.11110.0.TMBgirl@juno.com> >Flans is S-E-X-X-Y! hmm.. i always thought that S~E~X~X~Y was in a way relating to XXY babies... take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html http://members.tripod.com/~tmbgirl/index.html _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 11:48:28 -0600 Subject: Re: TMBG: other parody Message-ID: <19980824.114834.11110.1.TMBgirl@juno.com> hEy HEy! > but I haven't been able to get any >information about tickets or find a phone number for the wasatch event >center. Wasatch you said? take it easy, JOrdaN, who really did enjoy staying at the snowbird if for no other reason than to yell "wasatch?!" every time we entered the 'wasatch national forest' :) ah, utah! http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html http://members.tripod.com/~tmbgirl/index.html _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-ID: <35E17A52.37FDB9D0@tmbg.org> Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 14:36:07 +0000 From: Feeny Subject: Re: TMBG:Good looking? tmbgirl@juno.com wrote: > >Flans is S-E-X-X-Y! > > hmm.. i always thought that S~E~X~X~Y was in a way relating to XXY > babies... > I read somewhere in an interview of Flansy that the song wasn't about that syndrome (XXY), the name of it escapes me...(AP Biology is but a blur in my mind). But I thought the same thing when I heard S-E-X-X-Y, the lyrics fit so well. Charis ------------------------------ Message-ID: <35E17C7A.27FB98EF@tmbg.org> Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 14:45:18 +0000 From: Feeny Subject: Re: TMBG:Good looking? Klinefelter's syndrome! C'est ca. ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 18:33:51 -0400 (EDT) From: The Demonic Kangaroo Subject: TMBG: TDK's TMBG sound page updated! Message-ID: Hi there. I just updated my sound page with eight new WAVs/MP3s/RA from seven different shows, including a couple covers. They are: Dr. Worm (with horns!), Lines Upon a Tranquil Brow, The Joker, Youth Culture Killed My Dog, Hot Cha, When It Rains It Snows, Road Movie To Berlin & Snowball In Hell. Enjoy! -Mike http://www.cybercomm.net/~tdk/tmbg.html ------------------------------ From: Spoonerism@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 20:02:55 EDT Subject: NON-TMBG: Genius Has anyone ever noticed the insane number of times that the word "genius" is misspelled on the Internet? Just the other night, on 5 seperate webpages, it was spelled incorrectly, and now, here on the List, I'm seeing it too. Here, from our dear Listie Friend Josh Buckland, we see <> and later in the same post <> Sorry, this isn't a flame or anything, and Josh isn't the first to do it, but I'm bored and it's muggy. Just remember, it's GENIUS! -CAsey, head of the International Spelling Council (in his mind) p.s. Linnell's got a sort of mystique about him that I've always tought interesting... ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980825005639.14110.rocketmail@attach1.rocketmail.com> Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 17:56:39 -0700 (PDT) From: Danielle Gaither Subject: TMBG: They Might Be...Gorgeous? (was Re: Good looking?) > From: "Carla Stagles" > Women and men all over the world know it! Linnell is the KING of the dweeby > boys, the mad scientist of everyone's dreams, the thinking girl's (and > guy's) poster boy! Yes, or as I put it once in a post, an Arthouse Sex God. > God damn, people like him aren't given enough attention. There is a market > for slender, intelligent looking guys. Give women some credit, we don't ALL > want to be picked up and ravaged by some Fabio-look-alike bimbo in a sports > car. No, some of us prefer to be picked up and ravaged by a skinny keyboard player in, well, just about any setting. :) > Down with beefcake and up with Linnell! Hell, yes! When I first encountered Them, I wasn't really attracted to either one. But as I began to see more of the true artistry and intelligence of their work, I started to think that these were 2 guys I'd like to, erm, meet. I think the reason I prefer Linnell is I identify with him more. > PS. yes, flans is lovely too (especially when he was young) i just have an > aversion to tubby boys. sorry. Flans certainly has his charms, but he looks too much like guys I've dumped. Not really his fault, but that's the way it is. Wondering if anybody even missed her, Inspector Over the Mine === URL: http://www.geocities.com/CollegePark/1054/index.html "Your mouth is made up, but your mind is undone." --Elvis Costello _________________________________________________________ DO YOU YAHOO!? Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com ------------------------------ Message-Id: <24AUG98.23449050.0010.MUSIC@MARISTB.MARIST.EDU> Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 21:42:43 EDT From: "\"Jenn \"Lt.jg.Rufio\" Harmer\"" Subject: TMBG: Dial-A-Song? Hey everyone! As my first message to this mailing list, I have a question. Has anyone gotten through to Dial-A-Song on the phone? (As opposed to on the web.) If so, what time was it? I've been trying since Thursday at all sorts of times...morning, afternoon, evening, night, and even early early morning like 1am...and I constantly get a busy signal. And it's annoying me because I want to hear a song!! Anyway...I'd be grateful for any help I can get so maybe one day I'll get through. :-) -Rufio ************************************************************************ Quote: "Just Keep Livin'." -Matthew McConaughey -------------- http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/9894 -------------- ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980825021658.11112.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Josh Buckland" Subject: You COULD call it TMBG: I saw Flansy! Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 19:16:57 PDT I did it! I did it! I met Flansy!!!! Well... Not *exactly* MET Flansy... Alright, here's what happened. I steped into a small (when I say small, I mean it makes a moble home look spacious) shoe repair shop. You see, the zipper came off the track on my combat boots. I opened the door, and who did I see? FLANS-MAN!!! I couldn't even speak!!! I was speachless!!! I just dropped my boots on the counter and studdered. I finaly sputtered something like, "Omigod! You know you're Flansburgh?" He said "Uh, excuse me?" I said "You're Flansburgh, ya know that, right?" He said, "I'm afraid I don't know what you're talking about". That's when it hit me... this guy only LOOKED like Johnie. Oh my God, what have I done, I thought. I said, "I'm sorry sir, it's my medication". I'm the kinda guy who carries his camera in his pocket, because you never know when you need it. It took everything in me to refrain from snaping this guy as a trophy. Well, that's my movie candidate sighting. This guy could be his twin, I tell you! Josh Buckland dilbert_2000@hotmail.com ICQ#: 17262308 contact me! http://profiles.yahoo.com/LeChuck__ Linda Wheatley: Karl, you know what? Melinda here was voted employee of the month at the dollar store last February. Isn't that something? Karl Childers: Yes ma'am, I reckon. Melinda: Well, when you like pricing items as much as I do, it's just bound to happen sooner or later, I guess. "Sling Blade" ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199808250301.LAA02811@vector.wantree.com.au> From: "Carla Stagles" Subject: Re: TMBG: They Might Be...Gorgeous? (was Re: Good looking?) Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 10:53:38 +0800 > > Women and men all over the world know it! Linnell is the KING of the dweeby > > boys, the mad scientist of everyone's dreams, the thinking girl's (and > > guy's) poster boy! > Yes, or as I put it once in a post, an Arthouse Sex God. > Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 20:24:56 -0700 (PDT) From: Danielle Gaither Subject: Re: TMBG: They Might Be...Gorgeous? (was Re: Good looking?) ---Carla Stagles wrote: > does Linnell KNOW he has an oestrogen brigade after him? would he relegate Well, he knows about being voted "Most Beautiful," although he's said he doesn't know who was voting for him. I don't know if he's just being modest or really can't figure out why his wife is probably the most unpopular person in Giantland. > us to the status of loopy fans, Freak Magnet style? Probably. > But we're The Ladies, Gough Damn It! That was Flans. > how could any guy NOT be excited by the prospect of nubile young women who > think he's a spunk? He's probably afraid of what *else* said nubile young women do. > anyone got any info on this topic? Can we get the "Sexy Giants Of 1999 > Calendar" into production? I was watching one of the video bootlegs, and in one particular clip they were advertising Dial-A-Song. Linnell looked at the camera and said semi-seductively, "You know, John and I are getting pretty lonesome waiting for you to call us." I couldn't help but think how many women would be more than happy if they actually had what he was implying. :) > carla > "i got sick of my stinking clothes i had to get rid of them" Off to the cold showers, Inspector Over the Mine === URL: http://www.geocities.com/CollegePark/1054/index.html "Your mouth is made up, but your mind is undone." --Elvis Costello _________________________________________________________ DO YOU YAHOO!? Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 22:36:40 -0600 Subject: TMBG: Re: Good looking? LONG REPLY!!! Message-ID: <19980824.223645.11190.1.TMBgirl@juno.com> hmm... i spose it's time for me to chime in my $.03 I would say that, if anything, i was attracted to them for other reasons than being "aesthetically pleasing" but even that would be stretching it. Perhaps that's because they're 20 years older than me... But i can't even claim to find them appealing just for their minds or what not because i don't know them. i know their music and that's it. And as it is, i think they're beautiful musicians. i just don't think that's enough for me to become smitten over someone. perhaps, i just don't have that freek-stalker mentality. I was on IRC the other day and someone was saying that they would do *anything* to meet the johns. I just couldn't understand that. Why? what are you gonna do? you gonna tell them you love them? wanna see their reaction? or even just tell them that you love their work... i guess i just can't see them on MTV's FANatic. Go talk to someone you meet in a cafe or on the street, it's the same thing, just that there's a 99% chance that the person you're talking to isn't famous. >I don't know if he's just being >modest >or really can't figure out why his wife is probably the most unpopular >person >in Giantland. Is it just me or did i miss something. Does someone know something more about Karen than the fact that she's married to Linny? I don't even think anyone's seen her. I mean there are the "possible" sightings from those Irving Plaza shows way back when... but still. Obviously Linnell likes her (well, okay, so people do get married for other reasons but...let's just imagine that he likes her). If you have so much respect for this man why don't you respect his judgement in who he's gonna marry? In fact, i have more respect and admiration for Robin (flansy's wife) ever since i found out she was the lead singer in Spondee... hell, i would do *anything* just to hear more of her stuff. (notice the difference between my statement and what the person on IRC said). She is one of three female musicians whose work i like, and it just so happens that i reeeally like her work. When i found out that she was 'in' mono puff i was psyched cuz i knew i'd get to hear more of her stuff... why don't you spend your time disliking someone more worthwhile... perhaps some journalist or something that wrote some shit article about the boys. At least then you know something about the person (that they don't like TMBG.) >> us to the status of loopy fans, Freak Magnet style? >Probably. you've all convinced me :) (and i thot *I* was a freek!) >> how could any guy NOT be excited by the prospect of nubile young >women who >> think he's a spunk? perhaps he's just intimidated. I think linnell, being married and all, is even more intimidated by these large groups of women (and men!)... >He's probably afraid of what *else* said nubile young women do. and well... the men too. heh. okay that was just raunchy. i'll shut up. take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html http://members.tripod.com/~tmbgirl/index.html "sorry... it's my medication" hehee :) _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 21:51:51 -0700 (PDT) From: leonard helfgott Subject: TMBG: NON-TMBG I'm Back Message-ID: Hey, guys, I don't know if you missed me, noted my absence, or really didn't care, but I was gone, and now I'm back. Hello all, I've recently been on a homage to the great bay-area, where I was searching to find my soul (but all I really found was a cheap copy of STD, and a book containing all five books of the Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy) on Berkeley's Telegraph Avenue. Well, I'm gonna go now, but just remember kids (that's funny, I'm almost 16, and I'm calling the general populace of the list "kids") that the Cap'n is back. Cap'n Helfgott * ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife, then, realizing the contradiction involved here, he merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife. He would be very embarrassed meeting everyone. -Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe, and Everything ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980825005404.006af724@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 00:54:04 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Good looking? LONG REPLY!!! At 10:36 PM 8/24/98 -0600, tmbgirl@juno.com wrote: > >And as it is, i think they're beautiful musicians. i just don't think >that's enough for me to become smitten over someone. perhaps, i just >don't have that freek-stalker mentality. I can safely say that I don't find the Johns physically attractive, but I, um, don't swing that way... ;-) > I was on IRC the other day and someone was saying that they would do >*anything* to meet the johns. I just couldn't understand that. Why? >what are you gonna do? you gonna tell them you love them? Well, I'd love to just chat with them after a show or something for a few minutes, but nothing really more than that. And FANatic...yikes! Many of the people on that show are flat-out disturbing, like the Metallica guy ("they made eye contact!") and the one w/ Jennifer Love Hewitt, which *really* scared me. In fact, the most entertaining thing about the show is seeing how bizarrely frightening these people are. I consider myself to be really obsessive in terms of my TMBG fandom, but there's still some upper limit...and I know I'm not their biggest fan (but I'm, um, probably in the top 5%...yeah, that sounds good). > why don't you spend your time disliking someone more worthwhile... >perhaps some journalist or something that wrote some shit article about >the boys. At least then you know something about the person (that they >don't like TMBG.) I really agree. I respect the Johns, and if some women have come into their lives that they care enough to make such a commitment...well, those ladies certainly have my respect. BTW, right now I'm frighteningly disturbed by the person who made the Alyson Hannigan Idolatry Shrine at http://www.geocities.com/TelevisionCity/Set/3947/ -Adam -- /=---------------- http://www.he-man.org/ctyner/ ----------------=\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! Demented music list admin O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ Message-ID: <001e01bdcfe5$26241040$8f896fc6@kbrodbecremcen.ehhs.cmich.edu> From: "Kirsten Brodbeck" Subject: Re: TMBG:Good looking? Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 00:59:32 -0400 >-- Arwen, is 5'3", 110lbs., and wonders why Aussies are shorter? Gravity? ^_~ You'd really think they'd be taller, I mean from hanging upside down all the time... Kirsten /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/ "And also, we're just not that good-looking." - John Flansburgh, TMBG kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu - Kirsten Brodbeck - AKA Crow ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 22:02:27 -0700 (PDT) From: leonard helfgott Subject: TMBG: addition to above message Message-ID: just thought that all of you should know that, during the last few days of my visit to California, I spent the entire day in an outdoor swimming pool in the town of Merced, California, wearing no sunscreen, so now, my entire body is a delightful light shade of pink. So long, for now, Cap'n Helfgott * ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife, then, realizing the contradiction involved here, he merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife. He would feel very embarrassed meeting everybody. -Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe, and Everything ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 22:11:10 -0700 (PDT) From: leonard helfgott Subject: Re: TMBG:Good looking? Message-ID: Not really, with all that blood rushing to their heads, how could the rest of their bodies grow? Cap'n helfgott * ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife, then, realizing the contradiction involved here, he merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife. He would feel very embarrassed meeting everyone. Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe, and Everything On Tue, 25 Aug 1998, Kirsten Brodbeck wrote: > > >-- Arwen, is 5'3", 110lbs., and wonders why Aussies are shorter? Gravity? > ^_~ > > > You'd really think they'd be taller, I mean from hanging upside down all > the time... > > Kirsten > /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/ > "And also, we're just not that good-looking." > - John Flansburgh, TMBG > kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu - Kirsten Brodbeck - AKA Crow > > > ------------------------------ From: Batbrain99@aol.com Message-ID: <3af09b1b.35e247b9@aol.com> Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 01:12:24 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: addition to above message no way? i live in ca too! and i've been to a pool before! and i dont wear suntan lotion either! and im pink year round! whaddya know.... "It's a small world after all, it's a small world after all, it's a small small world" -- anonymous ~they'll need a brain, a bat brain ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 23:30:49 -0600 Subject: TMBG: Re: Good looking? LONG REPLY!!! Message-ID: <19980824.233700.11190.5.TMBgirl@juno.com> > and the one w/ Jennifer Love Hewitt, which >*really* scared me. how odd, that's the only one i've ever seen. (the life of someone without cable and that rarely watches TV). take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html http://members.tripod.com/~tmbgirl/index.html 10/2, 10/3, & 10/4: Moxy Fruvous 10/9 MTX :) _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #9-25 *****************************