Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #9-26 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 9, Number 26 Wednesday, 26 August 1998 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG:Good looking? Re: TMBG: Re: Good looking? NON-TMBG: It's A Small, Small World TMBG: new subscriber TMBG: new subscriber -Reply TMBG: geniuses i tell ya also the picknicers TMBG: Hello...Hello... It's good to be back Re: TMBG: Re: Good looking? LONG REPLY!!! TMBG: the poll (time) Re: TMBG: Re: Good looking? LONG REPLY!!! NON TMBG: ALF Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-Id: <199808250615.CAA12896@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 02:11:21 -0400 From: Mitchell Harding Subject: Re: TMBG:Good looking? >>> Americans are, on average, 3 inches taller than Aussies. Americans are >just >>> Bigger, They Might Be Giants, as a matter of fact) >> >>-- Arwen, is 5'3", 110lbs., and wonders why Aussies are shorter? Gravity? > >it's got to be the coriolis effect.... I actually think it has something to do with the Doppler Effect. Either that or El Nino. Harf, Mitch ------------------------------ From: Kaylum@aol.com Message-ID: <8bc39c77.35e28339@aol.com> Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 05:26:16 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Good looking? << >I don't know if he's just being modest >or really can't figure out why his wife is probably the most unpopular >person in Giantland. I admit I was a bit jealous when I heard Linnell got married (I'm only human!), but of course I was more happy for him than jealous. And when I read in the newslettler how she gave him the heimlich when they were in Rome, I realized we're damn lucky he does have her! Kay ------------------------------ From: ArwenAnaNg@aol.com Message-ID: <42da355d.35e2b14a@aol.com> Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 08:42:48 EDT Subject: NON-TMBG: It's A Small, Small World In a message dated 8/25/98 1:14:56 AM Eastern Daylight Time, Batbrain99@aol.com writes: > "It's a small world after all, it's a small world after all, it's a small > small world" > -- anonymous AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! ARWEN: goes into convulsions and has nightmarish flashbacks of the innumerable times she went on that insidious ride at Disney World and got stuck behind a huge line of boats while being forced to listen to that *very* song about 10 million times!!!! (Yet another reason why it's *not* good to bring a gun to Disney World) ^_^ -- Arwen, now needs some more outpatient therapy "When you're finally holding all the cards, why does everyone else decide to play chess?" ------------------------------ Date: 26 Aug 98 03:43:43 +0000 Subject: TMBG: new subscriber From: "BB and Kate" Message-Id: Hi folks. This is my first posting to this list. Hope you're all well, all you troubadours out there - and I think you know who you are. BB Sydney ------------------------------ From: rhilton@bitc.org.uk Message-Id: Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 19:02:54 +0000 Subject: TMBG: new subscriber -Reply Sydney ~ Australia? >>> "boswellmuir@ozemail.com.au" 25/August/1998 06:39pm >>> Hi folks. This is my first posting to this list. Hope you're all well, all you troubadours out there - and I think you know who you are. BB Sydney ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980825182528.18242.rocketmail@send1e.yahoomail.com> Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 11:25:28 -0700 (PDT) From: Khris Tyler Subject: TMBG: geniuses i tell ya also the picknicers Well first off I have to say all of you that said the Johns were good looking You are geniuses. You must first understand that my sister is a huge Backstreet boys fan She like drools when she sees them on TV. It makes me cringe. But to see a huge response about how S~E~X~X~Y The Johns are it makes me realize that there still are some people with some sense. About the Picnickers: The Picnicers are a band that two of my friends are in. All they consist of is The Keybiard Machine Tristan (THRISTON13@aol.com) and Zack the Voice box (Zakkos@aol.com). A couple nights ago at my friends house. We had a mini festival in his backyard with three diffrent bands. Salad Chop with Curtis Dahn(KRTZDN@aol.com) on gitaur and vocals. What a talted guy e-mail him today. Tristan Dahn his brother also a member of the picnickers played bass and sang back-up in a couple songs.(THRISTON13@aol.com) And Nick a very very good drummer. Then it was my band. The Roadkill All-stars. (we are a joke punk rock band). I play drums and gitar and key board. Brandon played gitaur and keyboard. Nick made some guest cameo apperances. Then it was The Picknickers (I've spelled their name several different ways because i don't know how to spell it. They rocked. Especail songs Rover, and When the Saints come marching. visit a site that they've kind of created. http://www.angelfire.com/ny/pigeonsounds or go to my site http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/stadium/8282 -Chris "Huh dubba dun dundund dundumb" Ghost Krabb _________________________________________________________ DO YOU YAHOO!? Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980825201145.6913.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Mike McGuire" Subject: TMBG: Hello...Hello... It's good to be back Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 13:11:45 PDT Hello, this is *Mike*, just wanted to let everyone know that I'm back on the list (as if anyone knew I was gone to begin with). I'm at college now, here at the University of North Texas, just north of Dallas. Boy am I smart. I don't remember where my dorm is. So this is my e-mail address now if anyone gives a hoot. *Mike "higher learning is for me" McGuire* ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980826004030.27889.rocketmail@web4.rocketmail.com> Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 17:40:30 -0700 (PDT) From: Danielle Gaither Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Good looking? LONG REPLY!!! ---Adam Tyner wrote: > > At 10:36 PM 8/24/98 -0600, tmbgirl@juno.com wrote: > > > >And as it is, i think they're beautiful musicians. i just don't think > >that's enough for me to become smitten over someone. perhaps, i just > >don't have that freek-stalker mentality. > > I can safely say that I don't find the Johns physically attractive, but I, > um, don't swing that way... ;-) I'd like to say that I'm not as actually smitten as I sound. I talk a good game, but I can promise that when I go to see them in September, I won't do anything stupid. > > I was on IRC the other day and someone was saying that they would do > >*anything* to meet the johns. I just couldn't understand that. Why? I can say with much certainty that there are things I would not be willing to do, even to meet the John's. > >what are you gonna do? you gonna tell them you love them? That's a thought.... :) Only kidding. Really. > Well, I'd love to just chat with them after a show or something for a few > minutes, but nothing really more than that. And FANatic...yikes! Many of > the people on that show are flat-out disturbing, like the Metallica guy > ("they made eye contact!") and the one w/ Jennifer Love Hewitt, which > *really* scared me. In fact, the most entertaining thing about the show is > seeing how bizarrely frightening these people are. I consider myself to be > really obsessive in terms of my TMBG fandom, but there's still some upper > limit...and I know I'm not their biggest fan (but I'm, um, probably in the > top 5%...yeah, that sounds good). I saw the Spice Girls episode. Absolutely frightening. > > why don't you spend your time disliking someone more worthwhile... > >perhaps some journalist or something that wrote some shit article about > >the boys. At least then you know something about the person (that they > >don't like TMBG.) OK, OK! Apparently my comment about poor Karen was horribly misinterpreted. It was intended as a tongue-in-cheek reference to how many female fans are jealous of her because she has what they/we want. I don't really harbor any dislike for Karen, considering I don't even know her. > I really agree. I respect the Johns, and if some women have come into > their lives that they care enough to make such a commitment...well, those > ladies certainly have my respect. As well as mine. Seriously, she's probably a great lady. You people are taking me *much* more seriously than I intended. > BTW, right now I'm frighteningly disturbed by the person who made the > Alyson Hannigan Idolatry Shrine at > http://www.geocities.com/TelevisionCity/Set/3947/ That *is* disturbing. In a nutshell, I have nothing at all against Karen or Robin. Yes, I do think Linnell is adorable, but I also realize that my chances are better of being struck by lightning or being kidnapped by terrorists than of ever having a real relationship with the man. I am content to admire him from afar. > -Adam Hates it when people take her too seriously, Inspector Over the Mine === URL: http://www.geocities.com/CollegePark/1054/index.html "Your mouth is made up, but your mind is undone." --Elvis Costello _________________________________________________________ DO YOU YAHOO!? Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 19:19:02 -0700 (PDT) From: leonard helfgott Subject: TMBG: the poll (time) Message-ID: I was just wondering about the many times that the Time POC poll has been reset, and fixed itself. Does anyone know why that happens? Just checking, Cap'n Helfgott P.S. I got an ALF lunch box! I'm extremely excited (hopefully, I'm not the ONLY person in the world who remembers ALF, the Alien Life Form). * ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- They say hard work never killed anyone, but why take the chance? ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199808260227.KAA26440@vector.wantree.com.au> From: "Carla Stagles" Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Good looking? LONG REPLY!!! Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 10:16:20 +0800 >> And FANatic...yikes! Many of > > the people on that show are flat-out disturbing, like the Metallica guy > > ("they made eye contact!") and the one w/ Jennifer Love Hewitt, which > > *really* scared me. In fact, the most entertaining thing about the show is > > seeing how bizarrely frightening these people are. hmmmm, i got a request for you TMBG mailing listers... because i have never been to one of the American TMBG shows i have never seen these crazy fans of which you speak. Up 'til now I always assumed when they said "freak magnet" they were talking about people like me. I have all their albums, listen to them every other day, get all excited when they are on TV or the radio, i'd prolly try and meet Them if They were in town... However, it now seems that They might have been talking about a different kind of fan, like a more crazy one. In which case, can you guys tell me some stories about these guys (or even about yourselves, if you wanna be thusly identified). What do they do that is so freaky? Help me understand ;) carla "i got rid of my jackets and coats" ------------------------------ From: Kreadoubt@aol.com Message-ID: <94186ca9.35e395b9@aol.com>> Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 00:57:29 EDT Subject: NON TMBG: ALF In a message dated 98-08-25 22:25:16 EDT, helfgott@cc.wwu.edu writes: << P.S. I got an ALF lunch box! I'm extremely excited (hopefully, I'm not the ONLY person in the world who remembers ALF, the Alien Life Form). >> I remember when ALF was on Prime Time! But, then again, I also remember when The incredible Hulk and The Dukes of Hazard were THE shows to watch on Firday nights.... Sorry if I've brought up any bad memories for anyone... "No one knows my Flans..." JL ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #9-26 *****************************