Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #9-27 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 9, Number 27 Thursday, 27 August 1998 Today's Topics: Re: NON TMBG: ALF TMBG: crazy fans, and shoe guy update Re: TMBG: crazy fans, and shoe guy update Non-TMBG: The Fall of the House of Alf Re: NON TMBG: ALF Re: Non-TMBG: The Fall of the House of Alf TMBG: They Might Be in Pulse Re: Non-TMBG: The Fall of the House of Alf TMBG: Hey Re: Non-TMBG: The Fall of the House of Alf TMBG: Absolutely-no-relation-to-tmbg: ALF Re: NON TMBG: ALF Non-TMBG: The stalking of Pamela Lee.-Edgar Alen Poe TMBG: hello, hello, it's good to be back TMBG: TMBG in Denver, 9/16 TMBG: graham on rosie TMBG: MAD Bears!!! TMBG on 120 MINUTES Re: TMBG: TMBG in Denver, 9/16 TMBG: Wanna see the Dr. Worm video? TMBG: OMLT TMBG: Vote for Pink/Lincoln TMBG: Dr. Worm video/File types TMBG: New Monopuff Tour Date Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-ID: <35E4200E.4E15@tmbg.org> Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 14:47:42 +0000 From: FatBob Smith Teen Angst Idol Subject: Re: NON TMBG: ALF Kreadoubt@aol.com wrote: > > In a message dated 98-08-25 22:25:16 EDT, helfgott@cc.wwu.edu writes: > > << P.S. I got an ALF lunch box! I'm extremely excited (hopefully, I'm not > the ONLY person in the world who remembers ALF, the Alien Life Form). >> > > I remember when ALF was on Prime Time! But, then again, I also remember when > The incredible Hulk and The Dukes of Hazard were THE shows to watch on Firday > nights.... Hey,I remember Alf!!He rocked! I was at a party the other night and someone had given their dog an old alf doll to chew on. :( I was really upset because I regret giving my Alf doll away. I didnt have the nerve to ask my friend if i could have the doll :| Alf lunchobox? Thats just cool!! :))) I think I am going to go on an Alf merchandise hunt now!:) > > Sorry if I've brought up any bad memories for anyone... > > "No one knows my Flans..." JL -- Lorelei (Laura) leader of the mmmbop world domination society *************** A N G S T I N C. ******************* ~~~~~~~ http://www.vianet.net.au/~ophidian ~~~~~~~~~~ \~o If I were a carpenter, I'd hammer on my piglet I'd collect the seven dollars and I'd buy a big prosthetic forehead and wear it on my real head! o~/ t m b g ~~~~~~~~~~~~~gratuitous waste of space '98~~~~~~~~~~~ ***************************************************** ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980826100612.8361.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Josh Buckland" Subject: TMBG: crazy fans, and shoe guy update Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 03:06:11 PDT >In which case, can you guys tell me some stories about >these guys... Well, I heard once about this guy who went to this outdoor TMBG concert with some chic (or he met her there, can't remember), and they went in the woods and scored, then came back out for Ana Ng, and the girl burned her panties in the middle of the crowd. In other news, I left out an important thing in the shoe-guy Flansy sighting story. Iforgot to say this: Before I left he said "They Might Be done about Wednsday. That's later today, people, I'm so excited about seeing the shoe-guy! Man, does that guy have cool hair, just like Flans! Josh Buckland dilbert_2000@hotmail.com ICQ#: 17262308 contact me! http://profiles.yahoo.com/LeChuck/ "OW-OW-OW-OW-OW-OW-OW!!! He dented my plate! Ow, my brain is burnin'! Now I'm flashback! Now I'm flashback! Ow! Ooooww!! Leatherface! You bitch! Look what you did to my Sonny Bono wig do. Oh, god...DAMN, I can't believe it! You got to buy me a new plate cover! You got to buy me a new plate cover, Leatherface! Oohhhh! Oh, he's gonna send me back to the V.A. hospital with this dent in my plate... "Well, at least he didn't mess me up." Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199808261017.SAA19150@vector.wantree.com.au> From: "Carla Stagles" Subject: Re: TMBG: crazy fans, and shoe guy update Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 18:15:07 +0800 > >In which case, can you guys tell me some stories about > >these guys... > > Well, I heard once about this guy who went to this outdoor TMBG concert > with some chic (or he met her there, can't remember), and they went in > the woods and scored, then came back out for Ana Ng, and the girl burned > her panties in the middle of the crowd. hmm... that is weird. not necessarily fanatical, but weird. how does everyone know they scored? did the johns notice the knicker burning... and why were the knickers burnt at all? yeh.. that is weird... to go without knickers... strange... THankS JoSh!!!! :) i am hungry for knowledge!! I WANT MORE STORIES!!! send them to me or to the List, i don't mind (i figure interesting stories will suit everyone, right?). carla "everything is what you're just about to say" ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980826101851.4629.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Josh Buckland" Subject: Non-TMBG: The Fall of the House of Alf Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 03:18:50 PDT This much I remember about Alf. He was a big, brown, fury alien. He lived with a bald guy (this sorta reminds me of curious george and the guy with the yellow hat). Alf like cats, to eat. This much I remember ever so clearly. He had a big 1-hour speacial, and it wasn't long after that, he got cancled. This was probably because Alf ran on the same level of humer as Bill Nye the Science Guy, and used one of the rejected characters from Sesime Street. And that guy from USA's Major Dad. Josh "Who hates Hanson and Alf. But at least Alf can sing" Buckland dilbert_2000@hotmail.com ICQ#: 17262308 contact me! http://profiles.yahoo.com/LeChuck/ "OW-OW-OW-OW-OW-OW-OW!!! He dented my plate! Ow, my brain is burnin'! Now I'm flashback! Now I'm flashback! Ow! Ooooww!! Leatherface! You bitch! Look what you did to my Sonny Bono wig do. Oh, god...DAMN, I can't believe it! You got to buy me a new plate cover! You got to buy me a new plate cover, Leatherface! Oohhhh! Oh, he's gonna send me back to the V.A. hospital with this dent in my plate... "Well, at least he didn't mess me up." Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19980826112725.006f3fd4@cybnetonline.com> Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 06:27:25 -0500 From: "The Li'l Depressed Boy" Subject: Re: NON TMBG: ALF At 02:47 PM 8/26/98 +0000, FatBob Smith Teen Angst Idol wrote: >> >> << P.S. I got an ALF lunch box! I'm extremely excited (hopefully, I'm not >> the ONLY person in the world who remembers ALF, the Alien Life Form). >>> >> >Hey,I remember Alf!!He rocked! I was at a party the other night and >someone had given their dog an old alf doll to chew on. :( I was really >upset because I regret giving my Alf doll away. I didnt have the nerve >to ask my friend if i could have the doll :| Alf lunchobox? Thats just >cool!! :))) I think I am going to go on an Alf merchandise hunt now!:) > Here comes LDB with an inane post! I have an alf doll, boy does that thing scare the bejeezus out of me. That hair on that thing feels almost real. Also I not only remember Alf the live action TV show, but I also remember the Alf cartoon, with Gordon Shumway (That's Alf's real name folks) on his home planet. If I remember correctly, it followed Kidd Video (Greatest 80's rock band, Greatest 80's cartoon) on NBC, before NBC switched to playing all Saved By The Bell rip offs for their saturday morning line up. LDB -- (this site cuts the amount of URL's I put in my Sig) My Web Page Index: http://www.cybnetonline.com/users/njack/ TMBG | D.U.M.B. NEWS | Mr. Gone Font -- Contemporary Cartoon Militia is (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble and Kris W. M. Struble. The Li'l Depressed Boy, Phreeck, Spyder Hunt, and all related characters (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19980826113355.006fc694@cybnetonline.com> Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 06:33:55 -0500 From: "The Li'l Depressed Boy" Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: The Fall of the House of Alf At 03:18 AM 8/26/98 PDT, Josh Buckland wrote: >This much I remember about Alf. He was a big, brown, fury alien. He >lived with a bald guy (this sorta reminds me of curious george and the >guy with the yellow hat). Alf like cats, to eat. This much I remember >ever so clearly. He had a big 1-hour speacial, and it wasn't long after >that, he got cancled. This was probably because Alf ran on the same >level of humer as Bill Nye the Science Guy, and used one of the rejected >characters from Sesime Street. And that guy from USA's Major Dad. > Um, the old guy wasn't from major dad. While I'm at it, anybody else watch the 2 hour movie starring ALF? That one was a hoot, and I wish I had it on video. It was about the military finally finding out about ALF, it was so damn smooth. The funny thing was it was made quite a few years after ALF's cancellation. I don't know if they were going for a comeback, or they thought a reunion special was in order, all I know about that is I wish I had that on tape. >Josh "Who hates Hanson and Alf. But at least Alf can sing" Buckland > How can you hate ol' Gordan Shumway? Shame on you Josh. The bation of 80's cartoon knowledge, (And a li'l bit of Prime Time TV) LDB -- (this site cuts the amount of URL's I put in my Sig) My Web Page Index: http://www.cybnetonline.com/users/njack/ TMBG | D.U.M.B. NEWS | Mr. Gone Font -- Contemporary Cartoon Militia is (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble and Kris W. M. Struble. The Li'l Depressed Boy, Phreeck, Spyder Hunt, and all related characters (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 08:27:45 -0600 Subject: TMBG: They Might Be in Pulse Message-ID: <19980826.082748.11454.0.TMBgirl@juno.com> Hey HEy! So as i was flipping through the September issue of Pulse! Magazine (Ya know, the free one at tower records). I turned to page 100 to find a picture of our johns in color :) Anyways, if you have the poster from the info club it's pretty much the same thing like 30 times smaller (okay so it's the normal size of an ad but...) take it easy, JOrdaN "what?! it's free?" http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html http://members.tripod.com/~tmbgirl/index.html _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Message-ID: <1ca57be1.35e41b3b@aol.com>> Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 10:27:07 EDT Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: The Fall of the House of Alf >This much I remember about Alf. He was a big, brown, fury alien. He >lived with a bald guy willy. wednesday nights, man... that was one of my *favourite* shows back in the day... i have no desire to reminice though. ;) you ever catch a show you haven't seen since you were really young, and realized that the thrill just isn't there when you're older? I caught Today's Special while on vacation last month and it just depressed me. yet back then (1987?) it was the coolest fucking thing... i suppose sesame street is an exception. ~sarah ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980826105240.00906a80@EMail.Psu.Edu> Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 10:52:40 -0400 From: Jason Fickley Subject: TMBG: Hey Hey, I just thought I'd drop in and let everyone know my new email address. Unfortunately I still don't have regular access to a computer so I can't rejoin the list just yet. The main reason for this post was to ask one more time if anyone is interested in meeting somewhere before the Cleveland concert. (I've only been at school a couple days and I don't know a whole lot of people yet so I may have to go alone). Also, if anyone could tell me if tickets will be easily available at the door, or is it likely to sell out, or *gasp* is it sold out already? I've talked to a couple people about directions and that but I still haven't got anyone confirmed to meet up with...I guess going to a TMBG concert alone isn't as bad as not going at all, eh? Well, see you all in the future when I get a computer up here... --Jason, who left his sig at Hotmail-- ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 11:43:59 -0400 Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: The Fall of the House of Alf Message-ID: <19980826.114414.8774.0.Superman75@juno.com> From: superman75@juno.com (Adam Schaaf) hi. >While I'm at it, anybody else watch the 2 hour movie starring ALF? >That one was a hoot, and I wish I had it on video. It was about the military >finally finding out about ALF, it was so damn smooth. The funny thing was it >was made quite a few years after ALF's cancellation. I don't know if they >were going for a comeback, or they thought a reunion special was in order, >all I know about that is I wish I had that on tape. the saddest thing about that movie (aside from the fact i felt the need to watch it) was that Martin Sheen was in it. From Apocalypse Now and Wall Street to Spawn, ALF tv movies. Oh, how the mighty have fallen. adam schaaf, "HA! I kill myself." _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: DrWormX@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 13:04:38 EDT Subject: TMBG: Absolutely-no-relation-to-tmbg: ALF "I traded your soul for these ALF pogs. Remember ALF? Well he's back, and in pog form!" (or something like that) I saw that ALF movie about a year ago, and was surprised to see that it was made in the mid 90's (?). I would definitely support an ALF revival. Oh yeah, I'm back from my brief hiatus somewhere in Connecticut, so I will begin posting again. Matt --blame it on pez addiction DrWormX@tmbg.org I'm not as messed up as I'd like to be-- Hearing Aid ------------------------------ Message-ID: <008201bdd117$546e2700$88896fc6@kbrodbecremcen.ehhs.cmich.edu> From: "Kirsten Brodbeck" Subject: Re: NON TMBG: ALF Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 13:30:35 -0400 Also I not only remember Alf the live >action TV show, but I also remember the Alf cartoon, with Gordon Shumway >(That's Alf's real name folks) on his home planet. Hey, I remember that cartoon... I also remember spending a good hour on the forensics bus with Rocky and Phil trying to remember what his name had been... :) That was one messed up cartoon. Kirsten /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/ "And also, we're just not that good-looking." - John Flansburgh, TMBG kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu - Kirsten Brodbeck - AKA Crow ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980826202941.11434.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Josh Buckland" Subject: Non-TMBG: The stalking of Pamela Lee.-Edgar Alen Poe Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 13:29:39 PDT I'm sorry, but I feel I HAD to share this with you! It's too funny! parody of "Annabel Lee" by Edgar Alan poe "The Stalking of Pamela Lee" It was many and many a year ago That she first cast a spell over me; She was languishing bare in a centerfold there, With her bra size of 38D; And the sight of her bust left me panting with lust For the babe now called Pamela Lee. Though her jugs knocked me dead in that magazine spread 'Twas their bounce I hungered to see; Then to Baywatch she came, and they gained instant fame When they jiggled on primetime TV; Like a man who was crazed, both my eyes wound up glazed As I eyeballed my Pamela Lee. On the Net I went ape for her fabulous shape, Which she flaunted, I'm sure, just for me; All those nips and those tucks costing thousands of bucks Made her twice as enticing to see; And when implants she got, I burned hotter than hot For the body of Pamela Lee. How my aching heart bled when that drummer she wed, For I knew that abused she would be; But they split for good like I prayed that they would, And it proved a great blessing for me; She was single once more -- now for sure I would score With the succulant Pamela Lee. Many times did I gape at that pirated tape, Getting off on her X-rated spree; And I dreamed of the day she would roll in the hay And the man she was under was me; Like some madman obsessed, I would never find rest Till I made it with Pamela Lee. Ev'ry day without fail, I would sniff out her trail Like a bloodhound in heat I would be; And I tracked her for weeks in cafes and boutiques While I let my libido run free; And while I knew I'd succeed for the Gods had decreed That I'd hook up with Pamela Lee. I shall never forget how we finaly met, And her cleavage close up did I see; All my love I poured out, and there seemed little doubt That she felt the same way about me; But the cops had me tailed and I found myself jailed For the stalking of Pamela Lee. I was tried for my crime; now I'm doing hard time I'll be locked up 'till 2003; But for Pam I still care, and I pray she'll be there If I somehow survive and go free---- Which is doubtful as hell since I'm sharing a cell With her psychotic ex, Tommy Lee!!! Now, please forward this to as many people as you know! Josh Buckland dilbert_2000@hotmail.com ICQ#: 17262308 contact me! http://profiles.yahoo.com/LeChuck/ "OW-OW-OW-OW-OW-OW-OW!!! He dented my plate! Ow, my brain is burnin'! Now I'm flashback! Now I'm flashback! Ow! Ooooww!! Leatherface! You bitch! Look what you did to my Sonny Bono wig doo. Oh, god...DAMN, I can't believe it! You got to buy me a new plate cover! You got to buy me a new plate cover, Leatherface! Oohhhh! Oh, he's gonna send me back to the V.A. hospital with this dent in my plate... "Well, at least he didn't mess me up." ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 15:25:18 -0600 (MDT) From: Tara Weber Subject: TMBG: hello, hello, it's good to be back Message-ID: Just wanted to say hello to y'all now that I'm back on the digest after having been gone from this whole wacky internet world since May...what a terrible time to be out of the TMBG loop, what with the new album and all (and I hear there's a new Mono Puff release as well--is this true?). Well, I wasn't entirely out of the loop, I guess--I did still go buy Severe Tire Damage the day it came out, like a good little fan. :) (And just in case there's anyone out there who still remembers me and/or gives a hoot, I am now OUT OF NEBRASKA! and am starting my Master's in Literature at Colorado State. (Jordan, you still in Denver?) Between my own classes and teaching a section of freshman composition, I'm already plenty busy, which explains why I opted for the digest rather than the full list. :) --Tara ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 16:14:44 -0600 (MDT) From: Tara Weber Subject: TMBG: TMBG in Denver, 9/16 Message-ID: Does anybody out there have any info on the show at the Bluebird Theater in Denver on Sept. 16th? Say, like, a phone number I can call regarding tickets and such? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! crossing my fingers in the hopes that this actually works out, --Tara ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 15:48:29 -0600 Subject: TMBG: graham on rosie Message-ID: <19980826.154833.3814.0.TMBgirl@juno.com> Hey HEy! graham maby was on Rosie O'Donnell today, with natalie merchant (ugh). just thought i'd share... take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html http://members.tripod.com/~tmbgirl/index.html _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980827025218.13184.rocketmail@send1c.yahoomail.com> Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 19:52:18 -0700 (PDT) From: Khris Tyler Subject: TMBG: MAD Bears!!! TMBG on 120 MINUTES Remeber in my last message when i talk a lot about the Picnicers well. They Changed their name to "mad bears" My Friend held another concert this time w/ Just US and Mad Bears not The Mad Bears Just mad bears. They were so good especially with the song ROVER that has to be the best song ever!!! no joke. By the way I'm gonna talk about mad bears until people get really angry. Me And Brandon also played (horribly) though 2 of our songs went well. There was also a freatured performance w/ The band that I don't remember the name. they just played one song. W/ Mad bears members Zack on vocals and Tristan on the Drums. And Tristans brother Curtis on Guitar. oh also I taped they they might be giants performance off of M2 the best channel ever! * ------------------------------------------------- I NEED YOUR OPINIONS!!! What sould me and brandon change are band name to. HELP US PLEaSE.! NO JOKE If we use your name we'll talk about how cool you are in one of are songs. HELP HELP HELP!!! !!! !!! _________________________________________________________ DO YOU YAHOO!? Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 17:28:04 -0600 Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG in Denver, 9/16 Message-ID: <19980826.172808.3814.6.TMBgirl@juno.com> HEy HEY! oh today is a good day :) They're coming back to denver... they're playing at the bluebird which is just an old movie theater (like the ogden, 2 blocks away, where they played last time they were here). Anyways, Russ (you going?) and Tara and anyone else planning on coming to this show let me know... we can all meet up or sumthin! :) only bad news is that they're gonna be in chicago (where my sister lives) on the 2nd and 3rd of October... the same time moxy fruvous will be in denver... :( hehee... i swore i'd visit her when TMBG was there... ah well, there's no way i'm gonna miss the frulads finally playing here :) > Say, like, a phone number I can call >regarding >tickets and such? (303)322-2308 www.thebluebird.com/bluebird/ or you can try KTCL's info line (303)ADVENTURE :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html http://members.tripod.com/~tmbgirl/index.html 9/16 TMBG :) 9/19 Dada (it's free...who cares) 10/2 10/3 & 10/4 Moxy Fruvous :) 10/9 MTX 10/26 Man or Astroman? :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980826232622.006a8658@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 23:26:22 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: TMBG: Wanna see the Dr. Worm video? The Dr. Worm video is up on the web!!!! No, not the MOV file at tmbg.com...I mean the real video from STD!!!!!! http://www.vidnetusa.com/ If you wanna download it, the coolest, highest-quality (comparatively speaking; the quality still sucks) version is up at http://www.vidnetusa.com/video/pp/tmbg1pp.viv Once you've downloaded it, if you have trouble playing this, make an HTML file with the following text and load it...it ought to work. Did for me. :-) My thoughts on the video - pretty nice! Not sure why they went with b&w, but it looks cool just the same. -Adam
-- /=---------------- http://www.he-man.org/ctyner/ ----------------=\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! Demented music list admin O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ From: Leo Bicknell Message-Id: <199808270359.XAA00409@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Subject: TMBG: OMLT Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 23:58:59 -0400 (EDT) I've been looking into T-Shirts myself and have been thinking about attempting to do one around the web site (mentioning TMBG list, of course). They'd be around $15 (including shipping and handling) and would be sold off the web site. I'm curious about a few things related to this. First, would anyone do it? I know there is a bad taste in peoples mouths after the OMLT mess, and I'm afraid people wouldn't actually order one. Second, does anyone have the OMLT artwork? I don't remember what it was, or if it's worth saving. Talk it up, let me know what you think. -- Leo Bicknell - bicknell@ufp.org Systems Engineer - Internetworking Engineer - CCIE 3440 Read TMBG List - tmbg-list-request@tmbg.org, www.tmbg.org ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980827000310.006ac520@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 00:03:10 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: TMBG: Vote for Pink/Lincoln Wall of Sound is having a 'best of the '80s' survey, and I think it'd be nifty if we could get The Pink Album or Lincoln up in one of the top spots... :-) http://www.wallofsound.com/features/stories/top_100_albums/80s/ Be sure to type in 'They Might Be Giants' and not 'The Pink Album', 'cause no one else'll know what we're talking about. :-) -Adam -- /=---------------- http://www.he-man.org/ctyner/ ----------------=\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! Demented music list admin O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ From: Monotreme3@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 01:39:15 EDT Subject: TMBG: Dr. Worm video/File types I just got done watching the Dr. Worm video and in my opinion it kicks ass. But there is a question here... how would I get the video, which is in .viv format, to play on other movie players (like a .mov, .avi, .mpg, etc....)? Though I can view it, certain people I know cannot because they are on at 14.4. So, they could download it I guess, or if someone else could translate the format to another kind it would be great. If anyone has knowledge about this or could do that translation, I'm sure a great many people would love you for it. -Carey ------------------------------ Message-ID: <35E4F1FB.37D5@asan.com> Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 01:43:23 -0400 From: "Robert J. Plass" Organization: Schick Technologies, Inc. - The Leader in Digital Radiography Subject: TMBG: New Monopuff Tour Date Hello exquisite living people, Monopuff announced tonight a new tour date: October 30th at the Mercury Lounge (NYC) They also mentioned a Boston show that would follow that show. I'll let you know when I know more. Love, Rob --- http://www.asan.com/users/plassrob/website/wslawsd.htm ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #9-27 *****************************