Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #9-31 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 9, Number 31 Monday, 31 August 1998 Today's Topics: TMBG: OMLT Re: TMBG: OMLT TMBG: DR WORM VIDEO : Johns Hopkins Re: TMBG: DR WORM VIDEO : Johns Hopkins TMBG: EndFest Re: TMBG: Re: Doctor Worm Video Re: TMBG: Re: Doctor Worm Video Re: TMBG: EndFest Re: TMBG: EndFest TMBG: cleveland show TMBG: OMLT and T-shirt stuff TMBG: Downloading The Worm Re: TMBG: cleveland show Re: TMBG: OMLT and T-shirt stuff TMBG: Cleveland Review Re: TMBG: Cleveland Review Re: TMBG: Cleveland Review Re: TMBG: Cleveland Review Re: TMBG: Cleveland Review TMBG: tmbg. buffalo. 8/30. TMBG: oops.. Non-TMBG: OMLT Update (kinda) Re: TMBG: EndFest TMBG: Dr. Worm EP? Re: TMBG: tmbg. buffalo. 8/30. TMBG: omlt TMBG: September 8th show Re: Non-TMBG: OMLT Update (kinda) Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-Id: <199808300759.DAA16951@ussenterprise.ufp.org> From: "Kris Maxwell" Date: Sun, 30 Aug 1998 03:01:14 -0500 Subject: TMBG: OMLT Hey Sea Creatures, Thanks for all the nice reviews of the shirt design... I hope we can actually do something with this. I dont think there will be any problem with Tide since we aren't using their name, and just about evey detergent design looks the same anyway... this is just a parody. Anyway, im glad most of you like the design. Should we put it to a vote? cuz i havent seen the old one, and i dont wanna seem like im jumping in and trying to run things... Kris ------------------------------ Message-ID: <000a01bdd41b$d50015c0$9d061ecf@default> From: "Green Jello" Subject: Re: TMBG: OMLT Date: Sun, 30 Aug 1998 09:41:01 -0400 >Should we put it to a vote? cuz i havent seen the old one, >and i dont wanna seem like im jumping in and trying to run things... >Kris IMHO: It's way too early to vote, what would we vote on... to use yours or not? That's not really much of a vote. First of all, we need to know what Rob is doing with the shirts that haven't been made yet. Has the ever procrastinating Christy the shoe goddess sent him any money? I doubt it, b/c she's as slow as molasses and it has only been about 6 weeks since she said "tomorrow" she would send it. That's way too soon. She lives in on an alternate Earth, you see, that a day is about 1344 hours (or roughly 8 weeks our time). This is why we were getting impatient with on the OMLTs... to us it was a year and a half... to her it was only 10 days. Secondly, we need to know if Leo is taking over for THAT shirt or an ENTIRELY different shirt. I know that he himself said that he is NOT part of that shirt unless he is ASKED to take it over. Of course, you do realize that we could buy 1,000,000 t-shirts with the money Christy invested on her evil twin sister's bizarro planet where one day is about 30 seconds of our time and they pay 8% interest compounded daily. Thirdly, I "WHAT????" goes out to the person who said something about "how little money Christy got", I'd have to say that's PROBABLY nuts, didn't 100 ppl order shirts? Wasn't that the magic number? Mine was like $11, I think... and that's $1,100 baby and if you think that's nothing... I'm moving in with you, Daddy Warbucks! Wow... I'm done (for now) Brother John Green Jello ------------------------------ Message-ID: <35E96368.787F@asan.com> Date: Sun, 30 Aug 1998 10:36:24 -0400 From: "Robert J. Plass" Organization: Schick Technologies, Inc. - The Leader in Digital Radiography Subject: TMBG: DR WORM VIDEO : Johns Hopkins Hello exquisite living people, Here is a picture of a bottle of "President's Drops" http://www.asan.com/users/plassrob/johnshopkins.gif The guy in the picture is none other than Johns Hopkins, a wealthy landowner in Baltimore (and namesake of the University). Johns Hopkins was never a President, so I'm not sure how he got on the drops bottle. However, given the medical theme of the video and the pre-eminence of the name "Johns Hopkins" amongst medical circles, it's certainly appropriate that he appear. There's also five portraits of Johns Hopkins on the wall behind Dan Hickey and JH is also on the KLONE bottles. "Johns" was his mother's maiden name. It's not "John Hopkins" as many idiotic morons say. I find it appropriate that John and John would use "Johns Hopkins" in their video, since they are the "Johns". Love, Rob Plass --------- http://www.asan.com/users/plassrob/website/wslawsd.htm ------------------------------ Message-ID: <001f01bdd422$298069a0$9d061ecf@default> From: "Green Jello" Subject: Re: TMBG: DR WORM VIDEO : Johns Hopkins Date: Sun, 30 Aug 1998 10:26:20 -0400 >Johns Hopkins was never a President, He was not the President of the United States, but he was the president of the Baltimore Medical Society and the president of the University, correct??? (My medical history is a little lacking) I'm fairly positive he was the president of the medical society. It doesn't say "President of the U.S. drops" it just says president. Brother John Green Jello p.s. ROB!!!! HOW'S ABOUT AN UPDATE ON THE SHIRTS? ------------------------------ From: NoNonie@aol.com Message-ID: > Date: Sun, 30 Aug 1998 11:02:31 EDT Subject: TMBG: EndFest Did anybody see TMBG at EndFest yesterday??? Sadly, I wasn't able to go, but I'd like to know how it went. ~Connie~ ------------------------------ Message-ID: <35E93CD0.6C85D687@tmbg.org> Date: Sun, 30 Aug 1998 11:51:48 +0000 From: Feeny Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Doctor Worm Video > you can shift-click on that address >(http://www.vidnetusa.com/video/pp/tmbg1pp.viv) to download the file. If >you have the vivo plugin in netscape, all you have to do is go to "open >file" in netscape and you should be able to open the movie directly in >the browser without creating a new html file I have problem: Dr.worm is blurry, jerky, slugish. Anyone play Dr.Worm on a PPC less than 200Mhz ok? My Computer: PPC runnin' at 200Mhz, 56Mb Ram, Netscape 4.04 W/ Vivo Plug in Anyone see any problems? Can anyone translate it into any of these formats? Mpg, Mov, Avi, DVD(that would cost $$), or a better format my slow old computer can read ok??? [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980830122238.006a8268@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Sun, 30 Aug 1998 12:22:38 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Doctor Worm Video [Unknown MIME type or encoding (text/enriched), contents not processed] ------------------------------ Message-ID: <35E98482.F9F13448@cannet.com> Date: Sun, 30 Aug 1998 12:57:39 -0400 From: Mike Blaser Subject: Re: TMBG: EndFest NoNonie@aol.com wrote: > > Did anybody see TMBG at EndFest yesterday??? Sadly, I wasn't able to go, but > I'd like to know how it went. > > ~Connie~ I was there. It was my first live They experience, and even though they only got to play for about 35 minutes, it was still fucking amazing. They definitely got the biggest crowd response (at least while I was there...I left after The Urge). The conga line kept falling apart on my side though. I even got to talk to Flansy afterwards, and he signed my ticket stub (which I scanned and can be seen here: http://members.xoom.com/revmaynard/tickstub.jpg) and my shirt. He said they were supposed to be coming back to Cleveland at the Agora in about a month but he wasn't sure if they had booked it yet, because of Endfest. Anyways, here's what they played...not necessarily in order: WDTSS Dr. Worm Istanbul Shoe Horn w/ Teeth Particle Man No One Knows My Plan She's Actual Size Planet of the Apes (people won) The Guitar Dr. Worm again and I think that's about it...I may have left something out though ~Mike ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 30 Aug 1998 13:24:39 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: EndFest Message-ID: <19980830.132444.8782.1.Superman75@juno.com> From: superman75@juno.com (Adam Schaaf) hi. >WDTSS >Dr. Worm >Istanbul >Shoe Horn w/ Teeth >Particle Man >No One Knows My Plan >She's Actual Size >Planet of the Apes (people won) >The Guitar >Dr. Worm again hmm, not to complain, but why have they been playing dr. worm twice a show? is this some subliminal plot to make everyone go out and buy STD or something more diabolical on their part? adam schaaf, who's going back to doing the same thing he does every night. ------------------------- sept. 27: sunny day real estate!!!!! oct. 7: liz phair! oct. 8: barenaked ladies! oct. 31: the misfits halloween show!!!! ------------------------- _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 30 Aug 1998 15:59:56 -0500 Subject: TMBG: cleveland show Message-ID: <19980830.160154.10542.1.bnl_bff_tmbg_fan@juno.com> From: bnl_bff_tmbg_fan@juno.com (Jessica J Woletz) did anyone else go to this? i'm surprised there haven't been any posts about it. it was an awesome show! a lot better than their last one here at the agora...They had so much more energy this time! They played at Endfest '98...an alternative radio station gig. They were among the headlining bands, and there were about 20 bands there including Better Than Ezra, Seven Mary 3, K's Choice, the Urge, 2 Skinnee J's, Eagle-eye Cherry, Sprung Monkey, the Smithereens, the Twistoffs, Possum Dixon, Far Too Jones, Buffalo Tom, Brownie Mary, Sister Soleil, God Lives Underwater, and a few more. it was great publicity for Them...i heard a lot of people say that they liked TMBG after They played! They played Why Does the Sun Shine?, Dr. Worm, Istanbul (not Constantinople), Spy, Birdhouse in Your Soul (They said it was going to be the best version ever, and then They said they didn't even need any rehearsal, then They said that They're so good at playing it They didn't even need to play it), Particle Man, She's Actual Size, Shoehorn With Teeth, and then they played Dr. Worm again. I might have missed a couple of songs, and I know almost all of them are in the wrong order but that's from my memory. Linnell signed stuff at the Camelot booth and Flansburgh had his own line going on the other side of Blossom where he was signing stuff. there were A LOT of people, new and old fans, who waited in line (including me :). i think that's about it for my little review. overall, TMBG and BTE were definitely the best bands, and i watched almost all of them. Jessie http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/Vines/7340 _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: NitpickR@aol.com Message-ID: <18e522a0.35e9b1c8@aol.com>> Date: Sun, 30 Aug 1998 16:10:48 EDT Subject: TMBG: OMLT and T-shirt stuff Hello 41- First of all, I want to say that the TMBG OMLT design is nice, but I don't think it's that great. They allready have a shirt that's kind of a mock of the Salvation Army logo that was done recently, I don't think they need this as a theme. And, that idea was done before. I'm not saying whoever did it ripped it off, but it's been done. It is better than the one that was originally going to be on the OMLT though. T-shirts in general - I think if you want to make at least one t-shirt. that's a great idea. However, asking and paying TMBG is just being paranoid. Lots of bands have fan created shirts that are sold around at shows and over the internet without the band caring. It goes kind of the same way as bootlegs... People that are getting the OMLT allready probalby have lots of TMBG albums, TMBG shirts and spend good money seeing TMBG live. They're not losing any money on this guy. And this is better than bootlegs, because the shirt serves as a walking advertisement, which is usually more than what the private use of a bootleg will produce. Adam ------------------------------ Message-ID: <35E9B5FB.392AEF84@garnet.acns.fsu.edu> Date: Sun, 30 Aug 1998 16:28:45 -0400 From: Emmanuel Donio Subject: TMBG: Downloading The Worm I'm sorry, but I accidentally deleted some crucial information. Can anyone possibly reiterate the technique for downloading the Dr. Worm video? I've got a paltry 14.4. Also, does anyone know if and when they'll be playing the video on 120 minutes? If the video is done, why not today? Matt Pinfield has got to be a fan. Anyway, so long folks. Manny ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Sun, 30 Aug 1998 17:03:03 -0600 Subject: Re: TMBG: cleveland show Message-ID: <19980830.170311.11094.3.TMBgirl@juno.com> >They >were among the headlining bands, and there were about 20 bands there >including >2 Skinnee J's, >Eagle-eye Cherry, ack! if anyone taped either TMBG, 2SJ's, or EEC pleaseplease get in touch with me :) take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html http://members.tripod.com/~tmbgirl/index.html ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Sun, 30 Aug 1998 16:58:21 -0600 Subject: Re: TMBG: OMLT and T-shirt stuff Message-ID: <19980830.170311.11094.1.TMBgirl@juno.com> oh why do i waste my time... >First of all, I want to say that the TMBG OMLT design is nice, but I >don't >think it's that great. my $.03... if you don't like that one, make another design that's better... then we can all vote. > However, asking and paying TMBG is just being paranoid. agreed. :) > And this is better than bootlegs, because the >shirt serves >as a walking advertisement, which is usually more than what the >private use of >a bootleg will produce. whoawhoa! i tend to loan my bootlegs to my friends all the time... or i'll make mixed tapes for them and throw some live stuff on there from these bands... i've gotten more of a response (or at least a public response) from sharing my bootlegs with people than i ever have wearing TMBG shirts... :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html http://members.tripod.com/~tmbgirl/index.html 9/16 TMBG! 9/19 Dada (it's free...) 10/2 10/3 & 10/4 Moxy Fruvous! 10/7 Eve 6 10/9 Mr. T Experience 10/24 Marcy Playground! 10/26 Man or Astroman? and now i'm broke... :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 30 Aug 1998 19:36:22 -0400 (EDT) From: Josh Woodward Subject: TMBG: Cleveland Review Message-id: Just got back from seeing the guys in Cleveland at Endfest. Overall thoughts -- I was really disappointed overall. I saw the horns being set up before the show, that was a welcome sight. They came out to STD Theme which abruptly cut off as they launched into Sun. They then introduced their "new song that we should all request", Dr. Worm. Then the usual batch of the same old stuff. They ended with the Guitar and a rocking No One Knows, and as they were winding Plan down I was happy to see a good ending for the show. But, they kept going and ended... with an encore preformance of Dr. Worm, in full. Yes, they played the same song twice. What the hell? We pay to see a 30 minute TMBG set. One would think they didn't have time to play all the songs they'd want to in that short of a time, but they *repeat* a song twice? I found myself standing there, and realizing just then that TMBG has sold out. Or pathetically tried to sell out at the very least. * ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Josh Woodward, CheEsy Fru. joshw@mail.bgsu.edu Web Site and Tape List: http://www.dc-adnet.com/joshw/ "Fly Southwest Airlines." -- Moxy Fruvous ------------------------------ From: HallOfEyes@aol.com Message-ID: <57ec516a.35e9f1e4@aol.com>> Date: Sun, 30 Aug 1998 20:44:20 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Cleveland Review Ugh...I HATE reviews like this. You are so lucky that you got to see TMBG live at all. I would have loved to be at this show. >> I found myself standing there, and realizing just then that TMBG has sold out. Or pathetically tried to sell out at the very least. >> What?? How has TMBG sold out? By leaving a major label? What does playing a GREAT song twice have to do with anything? Selling out would be if they did something they didn't want to do for money. Of COURSE they are trying to promote Dr.Worm, its their new single. If they want to play it twice, who cares? I havent seen one tmbg fan that DOESN'T like Dr.Worm anyway. I would have loved to see that show. Jordan ------------------------------ Message-ID: Date: Sun, 30 Aug 1998 21:20:48 -0400 (EDT) From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: Re: TMBG: Cleveland Review Excerpts from internet.music.tmbg: 30-Aug-98 Re: TMBG: Cleveland Review by HallOfEyes@aol.com > Ugh...I HATE reviews like this. You are so lucky that you got to see TMBG live > > at all. I would have loved to be at this show. you might want to consider leaving your dream world where everything TMBG is always perfect no matter what. they have bad days... they play some bad shows... when they do, they get bad reviews... if I hadn't had a chance to see them for a long time, sure I'd be glad to see them at all, but I'd be pretty disappointed if it was only for a half hour. as for the "sold out" idea... I think that's the opposite of what's going on. Sadly, I think the end is near... their live show has become far less interesting than it used to be - part of that is that their new bassist is unfamiliar with most of their material - but venues don't seem to be hiring them to play really long sets anymore... the last "full length" set I saw them play was in Philadelphia in May, when they played for nearly 2 hours, not to mention seemed to have a lot of fun. also, does anyone know what happened to Flans' wireless mic or the massive light show they had? did they sell equipment to pay bills or something? did they get robbed again? (I noticed that Flans' square guitar was absent on Friday night) Lawrence Solomon http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~lps/ lps@andrew.cmu.edu "Everything sticks until it goes away, * This space inadvertently And the truth is we don't know anything." -TMBG * left blank. ------------------------------ From: HallOfEyes@aol.com Message-ID: <43100502.35e9fdde@aol.com>> Date: Sun, 30 Aug 1998 21:35:26 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Cleveland Review In a message dated 8/30/98 9:27:21 PM Eastern Daylight Time, lps+@andrew.cmu.edu writes: << you might want to consider leaving your dream world where everything TMBG is always perfect no matter what. they have bad days... they play some bad shows... when they do, they get bad reviews... if I hadn't had a chance to see them for a long time, sure I'd be glad to see them at all, but I'd be pretty disappointed if it was only for a half hour. >> I know they have bad shows, but the show the original poster described seemed GOOD. He didn't say anything about a bad performance. He was just upset they played "the same old" songs that he already saw them play. THIS is what I am refferring to. I just want to see them live, regardless of "same old" songs or not. Not even that...Ive never witnessed Dr.Worm live, and I bet the STD theme live is really cool... Jordan ------------------------------ From: Monotreme3@aol.com Message-ID: > Date: Sun, 30 Aug 1998 21:44:02 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Cleveland Review In a message dated 8/30/98 9:27:21 PM Eastern Daylight Time, lps+@andrew.cmu.edu writes: > also, does anyone know what happened to Flans' wireless mic or the > massive light show they had? did they sell equipment to pay bills or > something? did they get robbed again? (I noticed that Flans' square > guitar was absent on Friday night) Hmmm... maybe it's just me, but it doesn't seem like a band that was short on funds would make a new video, tour, and put talk about their great plans to record two albums at the same time. But maybe that's just me. And sure, maybe you'll say you were joking, so, okay. Ha ha! As for the shows, I agree with whoever it was that said people whould be glad to have been at a show at all. I mean... we wanna see them, too! And we can't right now. And we're so sad. It's like hearing about how bad Godzilla was, you know? So if you don't have anything nice to say, just say whatever it is you're gonna say in a kind of raspy, whispery voice. Then maybe we won't hear it. On the OMLT front... why the hell should I care? If you didn't order one before don't expect one now? I see how it is. Personally I don't see why you all can't make *more* than one anyway. Or maybe get lots of designs and put them all together to form some kind of Ultra Mega Super TMBG OMLT design. You know? Open your minds, people! Broaden you horizons! Eat more vegetables! Live a little! But, here, I guess I'll be stuck making my own really cool shirts... and I guess no one else will get one... sniff. Sniff. -Carey ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Message-ID: <83ec27bc.35ea004d@aol.com>> Date: Sun, 30 Aug 1998 21:45:49 EDT Subject: TMBG: tmbg. buffalo. 8/30. Hmmmmm.. "one of these things is not like the other... one of these things just doesn't belong...." TMBG is just so not an edgefest band. ... sat through esthero (2 songs took up what, 20 minutes.. ?), the [amazing] royal crowns (weren't that bad.. though, not that much variety, and they could have called the crowd "fuckers" a little less..), sprung monkey (yuck! bleh! yick! worse than i imagined! i don't like their single but i expected them to be tolerable.. nope.. "guys who have girlfriends, keep your eyes on that bitch!" ::sigh:: ...no offense to any of you who may like them, but... ), god lives underwater (not HORRIBLE but they sound better on the radio )... anyway, it was worth it. i think. ;) got up to the stage around 5 as buffalo tom was playing on the other stage - couldn't even hear them. luckily the thrashers for the most part had left the area.. (only about 3 "pass the dude" dudes were brought down over my head). it was very corwded but devoted tmbg fans for the most part around me, so it wasn't as bad as it could have been. They *finally* came on, Linnell looked really ill to me, but then i assumed he just must have been napping. :] they opened with "i am not your broom" which was somewhat of a disaster.. ..the angry people in the back throwing frisbees (some local bank had set up a booth giving away free mini promotional frisbees... mistake!) and bottles of water at the stage (at one point a garbage can flew at the stage, but 2 security guards caught it... ).... and shoving.. linnell said " don't throw shit at the band... please?" ..there were stupid green frisbees being thrown all throughout the show. :P the next song was WDTSS, then (i think) istanbul - with the confetti cannon.. they also did birdhouse, shoehorn, the guitar, no one knows my plan, ana ng (slow intro), new york city...hrm, maybe one or 2 more. and i FINALLY got to see the velcro horns, woo hoo! (actually i spotted jim earlier watching god lives underwater's set )... for those of you keeping track - flans had a curious george shirt on, linnell had a bright green shirt. :) met flans after the show... he signed my tire damage cover. i said "hey, i saw you and mono puff at the central park show.. " and he was like "oh wow, that's great! thanks for coming out!" etc. :) umm.. hm, i guess that's it, eh? oh and maybe i should mention, at the merch table, they were selling all the old singles (well, the misc t ones.. & WDTSS) on vinyl and/or cassette... I got the crane 5" cd. :) (and the nightmare das shirt.) okay. that's all? ~sarah http://lava.home.ml.org ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Message-ID: <2d2a1e5e.35ea08cc@aol.com>> Date: Sun, 30 Aug 1998 22:22:04 EDT Subject: TMBG: oops.. in addition to my last post, despite the fact no one cares , i feel compelled to add... they also did dr. worm and people vs. apes (which was really lame, ugh, i was what, one of 5 people participating??) ~sarah ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199808310223.WAA12181@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Date: Sun, 30 Aug 1998 21:25:19 -0500 From: Mitchell Harding Subject: Non-TMBG: OMLT Update (kinda) I just spoke to Christi on AOL. Here is the transcript of our conversation: DrWorm57: When do you expect to send the OMLT money to Rob Plass? Christi587: as soon as is humanly possible DrWorm57: So within the week, you think? Christi587: that is my aim DrWorm57: Can we get some firm committment that I can report back to the list? You've already compiled all of the info, right? You just need to send it? Christi587: yes, that is true DrWorm57: Ok, I'll tell the list that it should be done within the week, then. Please just send it, and then you won't have to endure the nagging of all the listees. Christi587: I swear to you I am doing my best DrWorm57: I know, I just don't see how difficult it is to mail an envelope. For example, why not do it right now? Christi587: the only out mailbox on campus is a bike ride away which I'd rather not do at night DrWorm57: Ok, I can understand that. Then why not do it first thing tomorrow, or at least tomorrow when you go to class? Christi587: I plan on it DrWorm57: All right. Thanks very much, we all appreciate it. Christi587: glad to serve... Christi587: thanks for your collective patience DrWorm57: By the way, it would help allay the fear of the list if you kept the list posted on the latest OMLT developments. Anyway, I'll leave you be. Thanks again, and I'm sorry to have bothered you -- we're all just anxious to get some t-shirts. Christi587: okay. understandable So, there it is. We'll see. I also e-mailed Rob Plass, but got no reply. Admittedly, I only sent the e-mail yesterday, but I'd hate after all this time to encounter the same trouble with Rob that we did with Christi. Harf, Mitch ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Message-ID: <2fdb81a7.35ea090e@aol.com>> Date: Sun, 30 Aug 1998 22:23:10 EDT Subject: Re: Re: TMBG: EndFest >hmm, not to complain, but why have they been playing dr. worm >twice a show? is this some subliminal plot to make everyone go >out and buy STD or something more diabolical on their part? ah, maybe they're just getting old. ;p ...flans called dan hickey "dan levine".. sarah ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980830223548.006a6c54@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Sun, 30 Aug 1998 22:35:48 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: TMBG: Dr. Worm EP? Was the existence of the Dr. Worm EP ever officially confirmed or denied? -Adam -- /=---------------- http://www.he-man.org/ctyner/ ----------------=\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! Demented music list admin O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Sun, 30 Aug 1998 20:39:27 -0600 Subject: Re: TMBG: tmbg. buffalo. 8/30. Message-ID: <19980830.204139.11086.6.TMBgirl@juno.com> HAHAaaa! >sat through esthero (2 songs took up what, 20 minutes.. ?) heh... what about that chick that supposedly sings back up vocals but really just stands there and looks confused... and every once in awhile will try to bust some dance move and fails terribly? the band is awful but when i saw them, we were all totally entertained by that chick... > sprung monkey (yuck! >bleh! >yick! worse than i imagined! i don't like their single but i expected >them to >be tolerable.. nope.. so i saw sprung monkey with esthero a couple of weeks ago at a free show... i didn't like their single "get 'em outta here" which really should be called "how many times can i mention that i'm from san diego in 2 minutes?" we left about 3 minutes into their set. :::shiver::: that along with the security guard hitting on me... >oh and >maybe i should mention, at the merch table, they were selling all the >old >singles (well, the misc t ones.. & WDTSS) on vinyl and/or cassette... >I got >the crane 5" cd. :) hahaa... i'm laughing at all you people that paid $hitloads for this same stuff at those online auction things... take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html http://members.tripod.com/~tmbgirl/index.html Eagle Eye Cherry is on MRL right now... are you listening? _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: njh23@email.byu.edu Date: Sun, 30 Aug 1998 21:57:35 -0600 Subject: TMBG: omlt Message-id: <3.0.6.32.19980830215735.007a0be0@email.byu.edu> My room mate and I both would gladly wear the theytide t-shirt it is a beautiful thing ------------------------------ Message-ID: <000401bdd498$915312a0$7b7f3ace@default> From: "Hotel Detective" Subject: TMBG: September 8th show Date: Fri, 28 Aug 1998 16:08:43 -0700 I have tickets to go see They Might Be Giants in portland on September 8th. I was woundering if anyone knew who was opening for them. Brandon [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] ------------------------------ Message-ID: <000c01bdd495$685ec9a0$d3061ecf@default> From: "Green Jello" Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: OMLT Update (kinda) Date: Mon, 31 Aug 1998 00:11:17 -0400 >I just spoke to Christi on AOL. Here is the transcript of our conversation: A conversation this long must have taken 4 or 5 of OUR days to get out her... (for those of you confused about the "OUR days" comment please read my post from yesterday, or you could just ignore as one of those "cool inside jokes" that you just don't get) Let me do my translation of the submitted conversation: DrWorm57: When do you expect to send the OMLT money to Rob Plass? Christi587: WITHIN A WEEK OR MAYBE NEVER DrWorm57: So within the week, you think? Christi587: ONE OF MY WEEKS, WHICH IS 13 MONTHS OF YOUR TIME DrWorm57: Can we get some firm committment that I can report back to the list? You've already compiled all of the info, right? You just need to send it? Christi587: NO BUT I'LL SAY THAT TO APPEASE YOU DrWorm57: Ok, I'll tell the list that it should be done within the week, then. Please just send it, and then you won't have to endure the nagging of all the listees. Christi587: I COULDN'T CARE LESS YOU SHOE HATING COMMIE DrWorm57: I know, I just don't see how difficult it is to mail an envelope. For example, why not do it right now? Christi587: YADA YADA YADA, COMPRENDE? WHICH WORDS DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND? WHEN I FEEL GOOD AND READY TO, I WILL SEND IT. DrWorm57: Ok, I can understand that. Then why not do it first thing tomorrow, or at least tomorrow when you go to class? Christi587: I'LL TELL YOU I WILL, BUT REMEMBER TOMORROW TO ME IS EIGHT OF YOUR WEEKS AWAY DrWorm57: All right. Thanks very much, we all appreciate it. Christi587: I REALLY BOUGHT SOME NEW SHOES WITH IT, SO WHEN ROB DOESN'T EVER GET IT I'LL SAY THAT IT GOT LOST IN THE MAIL DrWorm57: By the way, it would help allay the fear of the list if you kept the list posted on the latest OMLT developments. Anyway, I'll leave you be.Thanks again, and I'm sorry to have bothered you -- we're all just anxious to get some t-shirts. Christi587: WHAT LIST? Please note that anything in CAPITAL letters is just a joke of frustration. Some of us feel that satire helps us deal with our pain and loss whenever we cannot really control the outcome of a tragic situation... but I just think making fun of ppl is fun. :-) I was on the top of the anti-OMLT bashing crew for a while, now I've switched sides... until she gets that money to Rob and quits yanking us around... I show no mercy. hehehehehe Brother John Green Jello ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #9-31 *****************************