Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #9-5 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 9, Number 5 Wednesday, 5 August 1998 Today's Topics: Re: Non-TMBG: Harf SEMI-TMBG: Bass Tabs and LeffelL TMBG: Fresh baked interps, anyone? Re: SEMI-TMBG: Bass Tabs and LeffelL NON-TMBG: Du Hast is, despite what MTV & Rammstein say, means You Have.. TMBG: Dr. worm on the radio TMBG: The shaft at Dialasong.com? Re: TMBG: The shaft at Dialasong.com? Re: TMBG: Dr. worm on the radio TMBG: updates at tmbg.com/ Re: TMBG: Dr. worm on the radio Re: TMBG: Dr. worm on the radio Re: TMBG: Dr. worm on the radio TMBG: We Are the World on WFNX... TMBG: Dialasong.com TMBG: A Worm's Voice on the Radio Can Convince You Youre In Love. TMBG: Record stores & Dr. Worm TMBG: Why Does My Ass Shine? (PARODY) Re: TMBG: OMLT turmoil finally settled Re: Non-TMBG: Off-topic posts NON-TMBG: Live Noise Re: TMBG: Sever Tire Damage....i have it!!! listening party info... TMBG: info-club q&a Re: TMBG: Sever Tire Damage....i have it!!! listening party info... Re: TMBG: updates at tmbg.com/ Re: TMBG: The shaft at Dialasong.com? Re: TMBG: Sever Tire Damage....i have it!!! listening party info... Re: TMBG: The shaft at Dialasong.com? Re: TMBG: Sever Tire Damage....i have it!!! listening party Re: TMBG: The shaft at Dialasong.com? Re: TMBG: The shaft at Dialasong.com? TMBG: Dr. Worm single? (was Re: The shaft at Dialasong.com?) some-TMBG: back with a vengeance TMBG: Down Loading Dr. Worm and Flans Poll Re: TMBG: The shaft at Dialasong.com? Re: TMBG: Dialasong.com Re: Non-TMBG: Off-topic posts TMBG: Hard Disk Problems Re: TMBG: MTV NON-TMBG: How Cool Am I? ^_^ TMBG: OMLT Official News Report and FAQ Re: TMBG: Dialasong.com TMBG: Humpf! Re: TMBG: Sever Tire Damage....i have it!!! listening party info... Re: TMBG: The shaft at Dialasong.com? Re: TMBG: Sever Tire Damage....i have it!!! listening party info... Re: Non-TMBG: Off-topic posts Re: TMBG: The shaft at Dialasong.com? Re: TMBG: The shaft at Dialasong.com? Re: Non-TMBG: Off-topic posts Re: TMBG: Purchasing Severe Tire Damage and Dr. Worm TMBG: Rammstein lyrics Non-TMBG: Leffel is super, supper for ladles Re: TMBG: IPI single Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: gray42@juno.com Date: Mon, 3 Aug 1998 14:42:47 -0400 Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Harf Message-ID: <19980803.145846.3686.0.gray42@juno.com> On Mon, 03 Aug 1998 12:20:21 -0500 Mitchell Harding writes: Prove me wrong and I'll beat ya upside the head with my >trusty >companion Tristram, the half-monkey half-bicycle monstrosity that I >like to >call my unholy progeny. > >Harf, >Mitch Gee, I heard that a whole bunch of rabid scuba divers wearing green tootoos and kettles from there ears, sent a letter to the govoner of Michigan requesting that your "unholy progeny" be moved by bycicle, to the uncharted waters of Antlantis since it was causing such a commotion with all the tyranical insects of the world. Whatever did happen with that fetid case anyway? Mysterio Gal (garb garb garb) "I'm Dave Kendal." "I'm John Kendall..." "And I'm MC Search!" --Dave, John &John on 120 min. ICQ# 9585405 MST3K#88182 gray42@juno.com http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 The Official Project Omicrom website: www.geocities.com/SoHo/Square/9007 _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Subject: SEMI-TMBG: Bass Tabs and LeffelL Message-ID: <19980802.152407.8215.0.winningh@juno.com> From: winningh@juno.com (Winningham S. Sarah) Date: Mon, 03 Aug 1998 15:15:02 EDT Once again I implore all you fine and sexxy people to send me TMBG bass tabs for my poor little brother who so nobly bears his painful state of bedriddeness brought on by prostate cancer at the tender age of three and a half and always has a smile in his big blue puppy dog eyes, and works his little pink fingers to the bone weaving baskets out of his golden tresses which were so brutally shorn from his head when he came down with that fever to earn extra money so his poor mama wont have to go out as a boot black in this terrible blizzard anymore. On a side note; to celebrate the lists official return to silliness, I would like to brag that I just received a letter from the one, the only, the true LeffelL thanking me for the card I sent depicting him as a collussal golden statue attended by winged flaming-sworded Johns and worshiped by monkeys that was being measured as clearly more gigantic than the list. And he wanted to know if Jimmy Kuemmerle ever got that letter he sent him in March. Sarah "The brown cow- the blue jar- oh baby oh baby- oh." Winningham _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.5.32.19980803144221.007bf740@martin.luther.edu> Date: Mon, 03 Aug 1998 14:42:21 -0500 From: Nathan Pralle Subject: TMBG: Fresh baked interps, anyone? Hello, all. I'm interested in doing some on-list interps of TMBG songs in which I would provide my own interpretation of the songs and attempt to delve out of the depths what the Johns had in mind when they wrote the song. Would the list be interested in reading these, and if so, what songs would you like to see interpreted? Thanks for the bandwidth. Nathan "That's not my bag, baby!" Pralle 210 Nathan E. Pralle Technical Support Creative Solutions Unlimited, Inc. PO Box 550 203 Gilman St. Sheffield, IA 50475-0550 PH: 800.253.7697 FAX: 515.892.4333 Email: prallena@luther.edu ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Mon, 3 Aug 1998 13:54:18 -0600 Subject: Re: SEMI-TMBG: Bass Tabs and LeffelL Message-ID: <19980803.135423.14102.0.TMBgirl@juno.com> >Once again I implore all you fine and sexxy people to send me TMBG >bass tabs for my poor little brother who so nobly bears his painful >state of bedriddeness brought on by prostate cancer at the tender age >of three and a half i am cancer boy... didya see didya see the doctor and me? > to celebrate the lists official return to silliness, I >would like to brag that I just received a letter from the one, the >only, the true LeffelL thanking me for the card I sent depicting him >as a collussal golden statue attended by winged flaming-sworded was there a return address? i've got some graham crackers i need to send him... take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html http://members.tripod.com/~tmbgirl/index.html ------------------------------ From: Happyfroot@aol.com Message-ID: <46b0139f.35c61ddb@aol.com> Date: Mon, 3 Aug 1998 16:30:15 EDT Subject: NON-TMBG: Du Hast is, despite what MTV & Rammstein say, means You Have.. Although the band translates the song to "You hate," it is not what it truly means...it is, in fact, a marketing thing....it's much easier to market "You Hate" in America (for a harder band at least), then it is for a song called "You Have." It's a creative interpretation..."Du Hast" is one of the first things you learn in German... Besides, who said the band speaks perfect english? Maybe they think "You Hate" means "Du Hast..." Those crazy Germans...some other good things to come from Germany: BauHaus (the art school), Einstein, German beer, & other fun stuff! jason "Ich habe, du hast, er hat, wir haben, ihr habt, sie haben" glastetter ------------------------------ Subject: TMBG: Dr. worm on the radio Message-ID: <19980803.163026.2279.0.captainmarvel2@juno.com> From: captainmarvel2@juno.com (Derek A Klein) Date: Mon, 03 Aug 1998 16:31:30 EDT I just wanted to let everyone know that if you've heard Dr' worm on the radio, you piss me off. There is only one radio station in my area that has Dr. Worm, and I've been requesting like crazy, but to no avail. I listened to that station ALL DAY, and they didn't play it. So, at around 11:30 PM, I called and requested it: EQX: EQX, what do you want to hear? Me: Uh, Dr. Worm by They Might Be Giants. EQX: Oh, you know what? I already played that today, and I can't do it again. Me: What? Bull shit! I listened all day, and you didn't play it! EQX: I didn't play it then, I'm not gonna play now. Me: Fuck you!!!! ~~CLICK~~ EQX blows. Anyone who lives in Vermont should call them and bitch. To end this post on a happy note, I finally have the elusive I Palindrome I single, and I'm listening to it as I type :) Derek "Egad, a base tone denotes a bad age" _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: Happyfroot@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Mon, 3 Aug 1998 16:37:19 EDT Subject: TMBG: The shaft at Dialasong.com? Is anyone else a bit upset that dialasong.com is the same as that at tmbg.com? & only one song for weeks? I mean, I expect a different song everytime I hit reload! (Like the phone!) jason "I could name..." glastetter ------------------------------ Message-ID: <35C64C5B.4708@fuse.net> Date: Mon, 03 Aug 1998 16:48:43 -0700 From: jays your one-paged dictionary Organization: dial-a-song! 718-387-6962, narrrrrrrrr! Subject: Re: TMBG: The shaft at Dialasong.com? Happyfroot@aol.com wrote: > > Is anyone else a bit upset that dialasong.com is the same as that at tmbg.com? > & only one song for weeks? I mean, I expect a different song everytime I hit > reload! (Like the phone!) > > jason "I could name..." glastetter I am in complete agreeance--after all those months of laborious wait, I expected something a bit more grandiose than one page with one song every two weeks. Perhaps something more is in the works; if not, my browser shan't be pointed toward dialasong.com again anytime soon. Not that I have sound capabilities on this piece of junk, anyway--*cough, ahem*--but something neat to gaze my eyes upon would've been nice. Peace, love, and good happiness stuff, Jay. -- jayhc, whose BIRFDAY IS COMING UP SOON! The FOURTEENTH OF AUGUST!!! I WANT AN STD! What a strange thing to request as a birfday gift... e-mail: sirjamez@fuse.net, phonebook@tmbg.org aol im: SaturnChrd, PhoneBookJ irc: PhoneBook "and sadly the cross-eyed bear's been put to sleep behind the stairs, and his shoes are laced with irony." --tmbg "Hey, some people take drugs and some people like to have sex all day, I like to watch my bees as I make music, so what." --steve vai -- ------------------------------ From: Strawbos69@aol.com Message-ID: <4e4437f5.35c62317@aol.com> Date: Mon, 3 Aug 1998 16:52:38 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Dr. worm on the radio In a message dated 98-08-03 16:38:04 EDT, captainmarvel2@juno.com writes: << There is only one radio station in my area that has Dr. Worm >> Yeah, seems tob be an on going problem... Called the Seattle station that supposedly has it... "The End.." "Can you toss Dr. Worm in with all the new music you're playing?" "Dr. WHO? " "Dr. Worm" "Who's it by?" "They Might Be Giants, their new single" "REALLY? They've got new stuff?" "Yeah, their web page says they sent you the new single and album" "I don't see it up here, but if I find it I'll play it" "Thanks" "No problem" I don't know what to say, I've tried several more times, their always nice and say "sure!" but haven't heard it yet.... "I'm glad they are a snowman with protective rubber skin" ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Mon, 3 Aug 1998 14:55:54 -0600 Subject: TMBG: updates at tmbg.com/ Message-ID: <19980803.145600.14102.1.TMBgirl@juno.com> just found these at TMBG.COM... VOTE FLANSBURGH: Flansburgh Man of the Century? Place your vote now Vote Flansburgh Yes, lightning strikes twice! First John Linnell is voted #9 most beautiful person of the year in people.com's online poll. Now our own John Flansburgh is climbing up Time Magazine's On-Line Person of the Century poll. Word has it that is currently at #9, right in front of the Pope where he belongs... vote John Flansburgh now and make it happen! NEW PRODUCTS: Order "Severe Tire Damage" before rotating your tires also get Mono-Puff's newest for only $12 plus shipping (a11) Severe Tire Damage A live one! Includes songs that you may have heard live but always wondered why they were never on any CDs as well as many TMBG favorites revisited. Also including a new studio recording "Dr.Worm". take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html http://members.tripod.com/~tmbgirl/index.html _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Subject: Re: TMBG: Dr. worm on the radio Message-ID: <19980803.171815.12183.0.captainmarvel2@juno.com> From: captainmarvel2@juno.com (Derek A Klein) Date: Mon, 03 Aug 1998 17:19:34 EDT >BTW, did you try Goldmine and those e-mail addresses? Any luck? I got "I Palindrome I" from a place called VSMusic. I don't know if they have anymore, but the e-mail address is vsmusic@vsmusic.com I tried those e-mail addresses, unfortunately they don't have any of those CDs. I have yet to try Goldmine though. Derek "Egad, a base tone denotes a bad age" _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Subject: Re: TMBG: Dr. worm on the radio Message-ID: <19980803.175721.11967.0.captainmarvel2@juno.com> From: captainmarvel2@juno.com (Derek A Klein) Date: Mon, 03 Aug 1998 17:58:33 EDT >Hmmmmm >You wouldn't by any chance happen to get the IPI single from an auction on >ebay? Nope, I got it from a place called VSMusic. Derek "Egad, a base tone denotes a bad age" _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Message-ID: <6c2faede.35c63611@aol.com> Date: Mon, 3 Aug 1998 18:13:36 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Dr. worm on the radio In a message dated 8/3/98 4:38:04 PM, captainmarvel2@juno.com wrote: >I just wanted to let everyone know that if you've heard Dr' worm on the >radio, you piss me off. There is only one radio station in my area that >has Dr. Worm, and I've been requesting like crazy, but to no avail. (henh, i just turned the radio on and heard "severe tire damage," only to find out they just PLAYED dr. worm. :P~ ) well you know what you have to do, don't you. ...send the station an envelope of smushed graham crackers! :D i'd help but all i have are some stale saltines. hmm.. actually, you know this isn't a bad idea. dj: hello (commercial radio station) you: yes, can you play dr. worm by they might be giants please? dj: they might be giants please? never heard of them. you: oh that's a shame. hey, do you like graham crackers? maybe a few swizzle sticks would sweeten the deal. hehehe... sarah linnellgirl@tmbg.org http://lava.home.ml.org ------------------------------ From: Happyfroot@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Mon, 3 Aug 1998 18:19:09 EDT Subject: TMBG: We Are the World on WFNX... Apparently, one of the songs they performed on WFNX on Thursday (?) morning was "We Are the World" & they wished WFNX a happy 15th birthday (just heard the promo snippet)...anyone know what they did that morning??? Furthermore, does anyone have a bootleg of the Worcester show on April 3rd of this year? I've been trying to track it down...the only non-free show I've attended... jason "I am the children" glastetter ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980803183800.006a1b34@130.127.28.14> Date: Mon, 03 Aug 1998 18:38:00 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: TMBG: Dialasong.com Blah. I'm a little disappointed with the sound quality at dialasong.com. The audio seems to be 8-bit, 11kHz (or at least that was the sampling rate of the WAV I extracted from the .MOV with TRMOOV)... Why not use mp3? Even if they choose not to use CD quality (16 bit, 128kps, 44.1kHz), they could easily use a lower bit rate and still have higher quality with smaller file sizes than the Quicktime videos. I bet more people have mp3 players than the latest version of Quicktime anyway... ;-) -Adam -- /=---------------- http://www.he-man.org/ctyner/ ----------------=\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! Demented music list admin O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ Message-ID: <35C64F58.81B8A0B3@pacificnet.net> Date: Mon, 03 Aug 1998 16:01:32 -0800 From: Bongo Subject: TMBG: A Worm's Voice on the Radio Can Convince You Youre In Love. Every time I request Dr. Worm on KROQ (here in SoCal) they usually say something like, "I don't know if we have it. I'll try to find it". Sometimes they'll offer to play something else by TMBG. I think when they say, "I'll try to find it" what the *actually* mean (but don't want to say) is: "That's not one of the 50 songs we play ALREADY and we only play what people know. Besides, I'm not allowed to make my own decisions on what gets played." Someone from the list e-mailed privately and suggested I should request the song twice a day, every day and just simply mention the song name and who it's by. He seemed confident that if I did that they will play it after a few weeks. So that's what I've been trying to do. By the way, I'm not doing this because I can't wait till Aug 11 to hear Dr. Worm. It would be cool to hear it today but I'm content to wait. I'm doing this in the hope that it will give TMBG some well deserved exposure. -B O N G O ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980803231627.8694.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Jason Fickley" Subject: TMBG: Record stores & Dr. Worm Date: Mon, 03 Aug 1998 16:16:27 PDT First off, anyone know of a record store in the Pittsburgh area (prefferably a little north of Pittsburgh) that has midnight sales the night before new cd's come out? Of course the reason I ask is for STD. Perhaps the Pittsburgh contingent of the list can meet at a record store to by STD at midnight???? (just a thought) Also, if a certain radio station refuses to play Dr. Worm after repeated request attempts, odds are they ain't gonna do it. In my experience with The X, the music director either does or doesn't have it on the playlist and that's that. --Jason-- "Hot Cha, where are you? Everybody's eyes are closed." -They Might Be Giants "As a lizard stalks a helpless creature on TV music underscores the tragedy" -They Might Be Giants ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Subject: TMBG: Why Does My Ass Shine? (PARODY) Message-ID: <19980803.205507.2279.1.captainmarvel2@juno.com> From: captainmarvel2@juno.com (Derek A Klein) Date: Mon, 03 Aug 1998 20:56:11 EDT Here is our parody of Why Does The Sun Shine? Be warned: it contains a lot of bathroom humor and anti-Communist remarks. Why Does My Ass shine? My ass is a mass filled up with methane gas, A gigantic nuclear bomb. Where gastric juices sit 'til I let them out At a temperature of about 97 degrees. Yo ho it stinks My ass it reeks Stay away from it Cause if you don't it might explode And kill both you and me. We hate it's stink, We like it's sound It's loud ass rumbling. Without my ass I could not poop, And that would make me die. My ass is a mass filled up with methane gas, A gigantic nuclear bomb. Where gastric juices sit 'til I let them out At a temperature of about 97 degrees. My gas is hot. It is so hot that it burns everything around it: My anus, ass crack, ass hairs, and underwear. The cloud is large. It is so large, that if I lit it up the whole room would be incinerated...But that would be too fucked up!! The fart's heard near and far. About 93 miles away, and that's why it hurts so bad. And even when I'm asleep I'm farting night and day. My ass gives heat, my ass gives stink, The stink that we all smell. The stink comes from my own ass' Bowel movementry. Scientists have found that my ass is a huge doomsday machine the ignited gas could be used to blow up foreign countries such as China, Russia, Cuba, and Iraq. My ass is a mass filled up with methane gas, A gigantic nuclear bomb. Where gastric juices sit 'til I let them out At a temperature of about 97 degrees. Derek "Egad, a base tone denotes a bad age" _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Mon, 3 Aug 1998 21:00:49 -0400 (EDT) From: kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) Subject: Re: TMBG: OMLT turmoil finally settled >so uhm, rob, for those of us that requested a shirt but never sent her >our money what do you want us to do (i know i'm not the only one...) Um, yeah... :} Kirs (who just got spaghetti sauce on her brand new Tick shirt. *sigh*) -- [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][] "And she said losing love is like a window in your heart Everybody sees you're blown apart..." - Paul Simon "Graceland" Kirsten Brodbeck AKA Crow kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Mon, 3 Aug 1998 21:23:24 -0400 (EDT) From: kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Off-topic posts >now... i don't know what kind of tootsie pops YOU'VE been eating... >but if i were to actually find a TOOTSIE roll instead of nuclear >weapons in the center of MY tootsie pop... well, i'd be afraid. I usually find this icky stick made of paper in the middle of *my* tootsie roll pops. It's rather disappointing. Kirsten -- [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][] "And she said losing love is like a window in your heart Everybody sees you're blown apart..." - Paul Simon "Graceland" Kirsten Brodbeck AKA Crow kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980804014939.23220.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Jason Fickley" Subject: NON-TMBG: Live Noise Date: Mon, 03 Aug 1998 18:49:39 PDT This would be a large undertaking, but is there a webpage that lists who says what on the "witty banter" tracks of MF's Live Noise, such as Lowest Highest Point and Naked Puppets? Having never seen them live it's tough seperating voices and I really need help visualizing who says what...(on all of the spoken/improv tracks, not just those) --Jason-- "Hot Cha, where are you? Everybody's eyes are closed." -They Might Be Giants "As a lizard stalks a helpless creature on TV music underscores the tragedy" -They Might Be Giants ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: Monotreme3@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Mon, 3 Aug 1998 23:25:32 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Sever Tire Damage....i have it!!! listening party info... In a message dated 8/3/98 1:33:13 PM Eastern Daylight Time, kathy@netsense.net writes: > and for any and all listeners in the providence/rhode island area, if you > tune in on sunday, august 9th between 12pm-2pm on 88.1 WELH-FM, we're doing > a Severe Tire Listening party where we're playing the WHOLE CD and ALL TMBG > for the ENTIRE TWO HOURS!!!!!! Um... is it just me or might TMBG not like that very much? I mean... the opportunity for an entire unreleased cd to simply be recorded off of a radio show? Call me a capitalist pig, but if I were either John and I found out about that, I'd be extremely mad and I'd try and find whatever legal thing I could do to stop it or just do something bad to the station. Well... maybe I'd send them flowers. But no, no, seriously folks. Would that really be a good idea? -Carey ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980803223022.006ab5f8@pop.indy.net> Date: Mon, 03 Aug 1998 22:30:22 -0400 From: rachel Subject: TMBG: info-club q&a hee, hee. ok, a super long time ago i sent a question to tmbg.com's q&a for the johns and i got this response today: [the question was "how does one become a roadie for tmbg?"] >>dear rachel, in answer to your questions.. 1) i'm not sure exactly how one becomes a roadie, but we already have your resume on file. 2) if any job openings open up, see number 1. :) << ...they sure are helpful. ;) oh, and does anyone have anymore info on this date, like directions from indiana? "August 29, Blossom Music center near Cleveland Ohio" thankees. meow, rachel (been super busy...crappy summer job! argh!) "obsessive projects" can now be found at: http://www.geocities.com/soho/museum/5039 enjoy, (or whatever it is that you do) "i stay inside, i have no television. but i can recite edgar allan poe line for line..." ------------------------------ From: TerryTMBG@aol.com Message-ID: <1965c483.35c68957@aol.com> Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1998 00:08:54 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Sever Tire Damage....i have it!!! listening party info... >Um... is it just me or might TMBG not like that very much? I mean... the >opportunity for an entire unreleased cd to simply be recorded off of a radio >show? both morally and as a capitalistic pig, I agree with you, but this really isn't too uncommon. I remember a few years back when my local radio station (gee, maybe it's a Rhode Island thing... all people who know who Salty Brine is say HELL YEAH) used to play most or all of the tracks from big new releases. Like they'd have a "Pearl Jam day" and every 45 minutes or so play another song off _Vitalogy_, which at that time hadn't been released yet. It's a pseudo-commercial station (i.e. I don't know if it is one way or another) so I wouldn't be surprised if other stations did the same thing. yeah baby. does anyone know one way or another if the video comp is coming out next week? Is the rumor about it being on DVD true? does the video comp really exist? do I really exist? did mike leffel really exist? are you all just the product of bots that send me preprogrammed messages every once in a while? hmph. -Terry- ------------------------------ From: gray42@juno.com Date: Mon, 3 Aug 1998 23:57:22 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: updates at tmbg.com/ Message-ID: <19980804.002644.3686.1.gray42@juno.com> When I voted today, Flansie was at #8. YOU GO FLANSIE MAN!!!!! Mysterio Gal (fellow Flans & Linnell voter) "I'm Dave Kendal." "I'm John Kendall..." "And I'm MC Search!" --Dave, John &John on 120 min. ICQ# 9585405 MST3K#88182 gray42@juno.com http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 The Official Project Omicrom website: www.geocities.com/SoHo/Square/9007 ------------------------------ From: gray42@juno.com Date: Mon, 3 Aug 1998 23:54:37 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: The shaft at Dialasong.com? Message-ID: <19980804.002644.3686.0.gray42@juno.com> On Mon, 03 Aug 1998 16:48:43 -0700 jays your one-paged dictionary writes: >jayhc, whose BIRFDAY IS COMING UP SOON! The FOURTEENTH OF AUGUST!!! >I >WANT AN STD! What a strange thing to request as a birfday gift... Gee Willikers, my B-Day happens to be 6 days after yours (Leo's Rule!), and purely by coincidence, I also requested the same B-day present, 'magine that ;) Mysterio Gal (fellow Leo) "I'm Dave Kendal." "I'm John Kendall..." "And I'm MC Search!" --Dave, John &John on 120 min. ICQ# 9585405 MST3K#88182 gray42@juno.com http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 The Official Project Omicrom website: www.geocities.com/SoHo/Square/9007 _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1998 00:37:06 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: Sever Tire Damage....i have it!!! listening party info... Message-ID: <19980804.003716.9126.1.Superman75@juno.com> From: superman75@juno.com (Adam Schaaf) hi. >>Um... is it just me or might TMBG not like that very much? I mean...the >>opportunity for an entire unreleased cd to simply be recorded off of a radio >>show? > >both morally and as a capitalistic pig, I agree with you, but this really >isn't too uncommon. I remember a few years back when my local radio >station (gee, maybe it's a Rhode Island thing... all people who know who Salty >Brine is say HELL YEAH) used to play most or all of the tracks from big new >releases. Like they'd have a "Pearl Jam day" and every 45 minutes or >so play another song off _Vitalogy_, which at that time hadn't been released >yet. It's a pseudo-commercial station (i.e. I don't know if it is one way >or another) so I wouldn't be surprised if other stations did the same >thing. when 94.1 in Philly debuts a new album, they play all but two songs the new page/plant and the beastie boys were snipped by two. i think that's how they avoided any legal trouble. even so, i'd still buy the CD. adam schaaf, waiting for the worm. SEVERE TIRE DAMAGE COUNTDOWN: 7 days, 23 hours, 25 minutes and 46 seconds, 45, 44...... _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Message-ID: <806d442d.35c692d8@aol.com> Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1998 00:49:26 EDT Subject: Re: Re: TMBG: The shaft at Dialasong.com? In a message dated 8/3/98 12:37:56 AM, gray42@juno.com wrote: >>jayhc, whose BIRFDAY IS COMING UP SOON! The FOURTEENTH OF AUGUST!!! >>I >>WANT AN STD! What a strange thing to request as a birfday gift... > >Gee Willikers, my B-Day happens to be 6 days after yours (Leo's Rule!), >and purely by coincidence, I also requested the same B-day present, >'magine that ;) *gasp* you mean you're gonna *wait* that long for it? or will it be an advance present? ;) dunno 'bout you guys but i gotta have 'em as soon as possible... mm 'specially TMBG (or BNL, or Moxy) sarah ((birthday in 29 days)) ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19980803170016.006d4374@cybnetonline.com> Date: Mon, 03 Aug 1998 12:00:16 -0500 From: "The Li'l Depressed Boy" Subject: Re: TMBG: Sever Tire Damage....i have it!!! listening party At 11:25 PM 8/3/98 EDT, Monotreme3@aol.com wrote: >Um... is it just me or might TMBG not like that very much? I mean... the >opportunity for an entire unreleased cd to simply be recorded off of a radio >show? Call me a capitalist pig, but if I were either John and I found out >about that, I'd be extremely mad and I'd try and find whatever legal thing I >could do to stop it or just do something bad to the station. Well... maybe I'd >send them flowers. But no, no, seriously folks. Would that really be a good >idea? I agree with you. This is a very dumb idea. Talk about promoting people to not buy the album. My suggestion to the radio station, play 75% of the normal tracks, and none of the secret tracks, and play them completely out of order with plenty of other tracks smooshed in-between, plus put a lot of annoying talking over the start and ending of each track. I myself wouldn't even do this, I myself would play 1 or 2 tracks off of STD and play a lot of tracks from previous releases, but then the original person felt excited about this, so I don't want to stifle so much of their glory. LDB, Capitalist Manifesto. -- (this site cuts the amount of URL's I put in my Sig) My Web Page Index: http://www.cybnetonline.com/users/njack/ TMBG | D.U.M.B. NEWS | Mr. Gone Font -- Contemporary Cartoon Militia is (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble and Kris W. M. Struble. The Li'l Depressed Boy, Phreeck, Spyder Hunt, and all related characters (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble ------------------------------ From: gray42@juno.com Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1998 00:59:44 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: The shaft at Dialasong.com? Message-ID: <19980804.010020.3686.3.gray42@juno.com> On Tue, 4 Aug 1998 00:49:26 EDT KdsInThHal@aol.com writes: > >In a message dated 8/3/98 12:37:56 AM, gray42@juno.com wrote: > >>>jayhc, whose BIRFDAY IS COMING UP SOON! The FOURTEENTH OF AUGUST!!! > >>>I >>>WANT AN STD! What a strange thing to request as a birfday gift... >> >>Gee Willikers, my B-Day happens to be 6 days after yours (Leo's >Rule!), >>and purely by coincidence, I also requested the same B-day present, >>'magine that ;) > >*gasp* you mean you're gonna *wait* that long for it? or will it be an >advance >present? ;) > >dunno 'bout you guys but i gotta have 'em as soon as possible... mm >'specially >TMBG (or BNL, or Moxy) As advanced as I can make it, Aug 11th I'm dragging my mother to the nearest Indie store (the one I preordered it from) and beg her to let me take home the Dr. Worm single, the vidio comp (hopefully the VCR will work by then), and plenty of STD's *hyuk* I have feirce competition out there, music stores around here usually only get one copy of TMBG albums, so me, and one other huge fan I know of them have to squabble over them. Heck, I'll be there first thing in the morning that Tuesday, if possible. Mysterio Gal (fellow Overman) "I'm Dave Kendal." "I'm John Kendall..." "And I'm MC Search!" --Dave, John &John on 120 min. ICQ# 9585405 MST3K#88182 gray42@juno.com http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 The Official Project Omicrom website: www.geocities.com/SoHo/Square/9007 >sarah >((birthday in 29 days)) > _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19980803171027.006d8c20@cybnetonline.com> Date: Mon, 03 Aug 1998 12:10:27 -0500 From: "The Li'l Depressed Boy" Subject: Re: TMBG: The shaft at Dialasong.com? >As advanced as I can make it, Aug 11th I'm dragging my mother to the >nearest Indie store (the one I preordered it from) and beg her to let me >take home the Dr. Worm single, the vidio comp (hopefully the VCR will >work by then), and plenty of STD's *hyuk* I have feirce competition out >there, music stores around here usually only get one copy of TMBG albums, >so me, and one other huge fan I know of them have to squabble over them. >Heck, I'll be there first thing in the morning that Tuesday, if possible. > I'll be at my store first thing too. The Doc Worm single is coming out on the same day? Que? Qua? Zha? LDB -- (this site cuts the amount of URL's I put in my Sig) My Web Page Index: http://www.cybnetonline.com/users/njack/ TMBG | D.U.M.B. NEWS | Mr. Gone Font -- Contemporary Cartoon Militia is (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble and Kris W. M. Struble. The Li'l Depressed Boy, Phreeck, Spyder Hunt, and all related characters (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1998 01:22:32 EDT Subject: TMBG: Dr. Worm single? (was Re: The shaft at Dialasong.com?) In a message dated 8/4/98 1:12:52 AM, gray42@juno.com wrote: >and beg her to let me >take home the Dr. Worm single, is it official that an actual single *will* be released? i mean i'd imagine there would be (hell, SEXXY had one...) but i haven't heard anything about this yet. release date, b-sides... of course, if it's anything *like* SEXXY, it probably wouldn't be out till late september at the earliest... :p sarah http://lava.home.ml.org ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1998 03:05:56 -0500 (CDT) From: Bill Tatalovich Subject: some-TMBG: back with a vengeance Message-ID: Hey all-- Okay, so I'm finally back in St. Louis and have my nearly unlimited access to e-mail (which I don't have at all at home in Ohio), so I can actually read all the posts that occur, instead of deleting them to avoid having the university publicly flog me for having too much memory on their system. In any event, a couple of random thoughts: --I was incredibly happy to find in the radio station, when I arrived back, a copy of, yes, Severe Tire Damage. I'm listening to it now, and I'm liking it. I will not say anything more, to keep the anti-hear-about it-ahead-of-time folks happy. Oh yeah, and we got the new Squirrel Nut Zippers, too, so I'm set for a while. --Getting your wisdom teeth out sucks. But only if you have bad pain medication (not in my case, luckily) or if you get a dry socket (which I did). Sucks, sucks, sucks. --I'm not sure I've mentioned this yet, but the new Possum Dixon album (called New Sheets) is incredibly good, you should all check it out. --I noticed there's another listie who works at Kinko's. Rock on, my man. I started at a Kinko's here in St. Louis a few weeks ago. Okay, that point was pointless... --Okay, a couple of quick things about STD (I'M SORRY!!!)...I'm happy, 'cuz one of the Planet of the Apes tracks was indeed recorded in St. Louis, meaning I was at the show. Rock on. Oh, and has anyone seen performances by Them with a tuba?!?! I will say no more.... Not able to keep his damn mouth shut... The Rev |~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~| | Reverend Bill Tatalovich | Home page: | | | http://students.cec.wustl.edu/~wt3/ | | wt3@cec.wustl.edu | feedback for toddlers e-zine: | | personnel@kwur.wustl.edu | http://www.poboxes.com/fft/ | ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ------------------------------ Subject: TMBG: Down Loading Dr. Worm and Flans Poll Message-ID: <19980804.060642.2279.0.captainmarvel2@juno.com> From: captainmarvel2@juno.com (Derek A Klein) Date: Tue, 04 Aug 1998 06:08:00 EDT I might be able to use the internet today, so could someone tell me where I can find a down loadable Dr. Worm, and also where I go to vote for Flansburgh? Thanks. Derek "Egad, a base tone denotes a bad age" _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.2.32.19980804112801.00793860@mail-in.keme.net> Date: Tue, 04 Aug 1998 11:28:01 +0100 From: the famous Uncle Squid Subject: Re: TMBG: The shaft at Dialasong.com? At 23:54 03/08/98 -0400, you wrote: > >On Mon, 03 Aug 1998 16:48:43 -0700 jays your one-paged dictionary > writes: > >>jayhc, whose BIRFDAY IS COMING UP SOON! The FOURTEENTH OF AUGUST!!! >>I >>WANT AN STD! What a strange thing to request as a birfday gift... > >Gee Willikers, my B-Day happens to be 6 days after yours (Leo's Rule!), >and purely by coincidence, I also requested the same B-day present, >'magine that ;) My b-day is the 7th of Aug so I gotta wait for the store to import it for me, I won't see it until a week after release :0( --USQ Colin Ellesley: The eastern counties authority on Carter USM/TMBG/Bennet/The Levellers Home Page: www.keme.co.uk/~thelimes/trendsetting.html New Photo Site: www.keme.co.uk/~thelimes/cols/ <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> "Some you win, some you lose, I spend my whole life-time falling on a bruise" -- carter the unstoppable sex machine "Falling on a bruise" <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> ------------------------------ From: ArwenAnaNg@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1998 07:50:33 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Dialasong.com In a message dated 8/3/98 6:46:40 PM Eastern Daylight Time, ctyner@clemson.edu writes: > Blah. I'm a little disappointed with the sound quality at dialasong.com. > The audio seems to be 8-bit, 11kHz (or at least that was the sampling rate > of the WAV I extracted from the .MOV with TRMOOV)... Why not use mp3? > Even if they choose not to use CD quality (16 bit, 128kps, 44.1kHz), they > could easily use a lower bit rate and still have higher quality with > smaller file sizes than the Quicktime videos. I bet more people have mp3 > players than the latest version of Quicktime anyway... ;-) I downloaded the newest version of Quicktime and when I try to use Dial-A-Song it does nothing. Anyone have any ideas as to what might be wrong? (AOL has something to do with it, no doubt!) -- Arwen, realizing that upgrading to AOL 4.0 didn't solve anything. ------------------------------ From: ArwenAnaNg@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1998 08:25:23 EDT Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Off-topic posts In a message dated 8/3/98 12:37:50 PM Eastern Daylight Time, xornom@hotmail.com writes: > Well, maybe if you have one hell of a powerful tongue. WOO-HOO!! ^_^ (ARWEN: has a moment of red-neckdom) > What puzzles me is why you would WANT to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop. > There's a TOOTSIE ROLL in there, for God's sakes! Agreed. Bite into one of those suckers and your jaw is locked for life! -- Arwen, prefers "Blow Pops" ------------------------------ From: "Lee" Subject: TMBG: Hard Disk Problems Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1998 08:40:55 -0400 Message-ID: <000601bdbfa5$23d03a80$514a4ccf@lees> I am still offering to get Leffel up and running again. Please Get him in touch with me. Use my e-mail address to respond to this thread rather than mixing it up in the regular TMBG mail. -Mr.Lee (the real guy) ------------------------------ From: Leo Bicknell Message-Id: <199808041241.IAA25914@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Subject: Re: TMBG: MTV Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1998 08:41:53 -0400 (EDT) > In a message dated 98-08-03 13:52:34 EDT, you write: > > << It has come to my attention that Severe Tire Damage is not > on MTV's list of upcoming releases. Maybe some enterprising > person can find some way to get them to put it up.... > >> > > > Haven't seen it listed at any of the music stores here in Seattle either. > And, when I called the radio station to request Dr. Worm, the DJ said he > hadn't seen or heard of it... > > August 11th, right? Yep. Stations should have it already. Keep trying! -- Leo Bicknell - bicknell@ufp.org Systems Engineer - Internetworking Engineer - CCIE 3440 Read TMBG List - tmbg-list-request@tmbg.org, www.tmbg.org ------------------------------ From: ArwenAnaNg@aol.com Message-ID: <3ac08cf6.35c706f8@aol.com> Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1998 09:04:54 EDT Subject: NON-TMBG: How Cool Am I? ^_^ I just got the *coolest* gift and I wanted to share it with everyone! I have a cousin who lives in NYC that went to art school with Ben Edlund, creator, writer and artist for "The Tick." She sent me a 1st issue personalized and autographed to me! Is that cool, or what?!? He's planning to do a movie soon, as well. As far as off topic posts are concerned, I think "How Cool Am I?" could become a great thread for "show and tell." Anyone else care to share? -- Arwen, less cool than you already think she isn't ------------------------------ Message-ID: From: Robert Plass Subject: TMBG: OMLT Official News Report and FAQ Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1998 09:17:31 -0400 Hello exquisite living people, Okay, before the e-mails come pouring in by the millions, let me answer a few OMLT FAQs: Q: Can I get an OMLT, too? A: I don't know. I haven't yet received the information or the check from Christy, so I don't know myself. Q: What if I never sent money for an OMLT? A: I don't know. I haven't yet received the information or the check from Christy, so I don't know myself. Q: Blah blah blah OMLT blah? A: I don't know. I haven't yet received the information or the check from Christy, so I don't know myself. Give me a chance to look at the stuff first and see what's up. My initial feelings are that I'm in this to complete the project, so new orders are unlikely. I'm not ruling anything out, though. The thing is, I haven't yet received the information or the check from Christy, so I don't know myself what the status of the project is. Okay, Robert Plass --- ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980804101235.006af8c8@130.127.28.14> Date: Tue, 04 Aug 1998 10:12:35 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: Dialasong.com At 07:50 AM 8/4/98 EDT, ArwenAnaNg@aol.com wrote: > >I downloaded the newest version of Quicktime and when I try to use Dial-A-Song >it does nothing. Anyone have any ideas as to what might be wrong? (AOL has >something to do with it, no doubt!) Is your browser Javascript-capable? Maybe that's it. If all else fails, head over to http://www.dialasong.com/sound/ and download the .MOV manually. That's what I ended up doing. -Adam -- /=---------------- http://www.he-man.org/ctyner/ ----------------=\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! Demented music list admin O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ From: echuss@notes.cc.bellcore.com Message-ID: <85256656.004F7753.00@notes950.cc.bellcore.com> Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1998 10:45:51 -0400 Subject: TMBG: Humpf! >Mitch wrote: Hey people, this is a TMBG mailing list, not a psycho crazy person > mailing list! Humpf, everyone's trying to change this list to make it their own nirvana! Damn you! Damn you all and go straight to hell! This IS a psycho crazy person mailing list and if you don't like it you can talk to my evil twin and yes he is a bad weather friend, thank you for asking! Erik - who's doing donuts on the neighbor's lawn as we speak! ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1998 09:00:09 -0600 (MDT) From: Scot Westwood Subject: Re: TMBG: Sever Tire Damage....i have it!!! listening party info... Message-ID: I don't really understand what the problem with playing the whole cd start to finish even with no taliking would be. I mean would you really want to put up with a crappy recording off the radio when you can fork out the $14 and get the cd with the liner notes and everything. The only possible drawback I could think of that could result from playing the cd in its entirity might be that someone might decide that it sucked and wasn't worth buying. I have STD and believe me thats not going to happen. Scot (A capatalist who believes there's no such thing as too much TMBG on the radio) ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.5.32.19980804111019.007ead10@mailin.icdc.com> Date: Tue, 04 Aug 1998 11:10:19 -0400 From: "J. L. Moquin" Subject: Re: TMBG: The shaft at Dialasong.com? gray42@juno.com wrote: > writes: >>jayhc, whose BIRFDAY IS COMING UP SOON! The FOURTEENTH OF AUGUST!!! >>I >>WANT AN STD! What a strange thing to request as a birfday gift... > >Gee Willikers, my B-Day happens to be 6 days after yours (Leo's Rule!), >and purely by coincidence, I also requested the same B-day present, >'magine that ;) Well, my daughter's first birthday is one day after jay's, and I hinted in many ways that she'd enjoy that as a birthday present, but I don't think anyone fell for it. :( -jennifer, mommy to alice the bean, 8/15/97 NEW WEB URL: http://www.kjsl.com/~beanmom/ mailto:beanmom@icdc.com "...adults are just obsolete children and the hell with them." -- Dr. Seuss ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Message-ID: <157203a5.35c73b83@aol.com> Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1998 12:49:06 EDT Subject: Re: Re: TMBG: Sever Tire Damage....i have it!!! listening party info... In a message dated 8/4/98 11:04:19 AM, Scot.Westwood@m.cc.utah.edu wrote: > I mean would you >really want to put up with a crappy recording off the radio when you can >fork out the $14 and get the cd with the liner notes and everything. well; believe it or not, some people like TMBG but They're not their favourite band (!); if a band i just *liked* somewhat had a new cd played in its entirety on the radio, i'd definitely tape that ..i have too many cd's on my "to buy" list and that'd make it slightly easier. even if i planned on buying it eventually, i might not ever get around to it. perhaps if it wasn't on the radio it'd be a definite cd purchase. so essentially if many people listening are like that, it could hurt sales a bit. but i don't think there's much to worry about, it's only one city. sarah ------------------------------ From: gray42@juno.com Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1998 12:36:54 -0400 Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Off-topic posts Message-ID: <19980804.124958.3318.1.gray42@juno.com> On Tue, 4 Aug 1998 08:25:23 EDT ArwenAnaNg@aol.com writes: >In a message dated 8/3/98 12:37:50 PM Eastern Daylight Time, >xornom@hotmail.com writes: > >> Well, maybe if you have one hell of a powerful tongue. >WOO-HOO!! ^_^ >(ARWEN: has a moment of red-neckdom) > >> What puzzles me is why you would WANT to get to the center of a >Tootsie >Pop. > There's a TOOTSIE ROLL in there, for God's sakes! >Agreed. Bite into one of those suckers and your jaw is locked for >life! > >-- Arwen, prefers "Blow Pops" > > WWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Blow POs Kick Toosie Arse. My two favorites, grape and sour apple. I dunno, it just seems like a bad idea to mix chocolate with fruit to me. Sorta like scrambled eggs and ketchup blech (tho' actually not that severe :P Mysterio Gal (fellow Overman) "I'm Dave Kendal." "I'm John Kendall..." "And I'm MC Search!" --Dave, John &John on 120 min. ICQ# 9585405 MST3K#88182 gray42@juno.com http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 The Official Project Omicrom website: www.geocities.com/SoHo/Square/9007 _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: gray42@juno.com Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1998 12:24:51 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: The shaft at Dialasong.com? Message-ID: <19980804.124957.3318.0.gray42@juno.com> On Mon, 03 Aug 1998 12:10:27 -0500 "The Li'l Depressed Boy" writes: >> >I'll be at my store first thing too. The Doc Worm single is coming >out on >the same day? Well that's what the guy said who ordered it for me :) Hopefully this wasn't some weird misunderstanding, but i highly doubt that it was Mysterio Gal (fellow Overman) "I'm Dave Kendal." "I'm John Kendall..." "And I'm MC Search!" --Dave, John &John on 120 min. ICQ# 9585405 MST3K#88182 gray42@juno.com http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 The Official Project Omicrom website: www.geocities.com/SoHo/Square/9007 >Que? > >Qua? > >Zha? > >LDB >-- >(this site cuts the amount of URL's I put in my Sig) >My Web Page Index: >http://www.cybnetonline.com/users/njack/ >TMBG | D.U.M.B. NEWS | Mr. Gone Font >-- >Contemporary Cartoon Militia is (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble and >Kris W. >M. Struble. >The Li'l Depressed Boy, Phreeck, Spyder Hunt, and all related >characters (C) >& TM 1998 S. Steven Struble > > ------------------------------ From: gray42@juno.com Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1998 12:48:35 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: The shaft at Dialasong.com? Message-ID: <19980804.124958.3318.2.gray42@juno.com> On Tue, 04 Aug 1998 11:10:19 -0400 "J. L. Moquin" writes: >gray42@juno.com wrote: >> writes: >>>jayhc, whose BIRFDAY IS COMING UP SOON! The FOURTEENTH OF AUGUST!!! > >>>I >>>WANT AN STD! What a strange thing to request as a birfday gift... >> >>Gee Willikers, my B-Day happens to be 6 days after yours (Leo's >Rule!), >>and purely by coincidence, I also requested the same B-day present, >>'magine that ;) > >Well, my daughter's first birthday is one day after jay's, and >I hinted in many ways that she'd enjoy that as a birthday present, >but I don't think anyone fell for it. :( hehe, isn't Alice a little young for an STD? :P Mysterio Gal (couldn't resist) "I'm Dave Kendal." "I'm John Kendall..." "And I'm MC Search!" --Dave, John &John on 120 min. ICQ# 9585405 MST3K#88182 gray42@juno.com http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 The Official Project Omicrom website: www.geocities.com/SoHo/Square/9007 > >-jennifer, mommy to alice the bean, 8/15/97 > NEW WEB URL: http://www.kjsl.com/~beanmom/ > mailto:beanmom@icdc.com > > "...adults are just obsolete children and the hell > with them." -- Dr. Seuss > _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980804172936.3628.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "VoVat Quetzalcoatlus" Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Off-topic posts Date: Tue, 04 Aug 1998 10:29:35 PDT >From: gray42@juno.com > > >On Tue, 4 Aug 1998 08:25:23 EDT ArwenAnaNg@aol.com writes: >>-- Arwen, prefers "Blow Pops" >> >> >WWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Blow POs Kick Toosie Arse. My two >favorites, grape and sour apple. I dunno, it just seems like a bad idea >to mix chocolate with fruit to me. Sorta like scrambled eggs and ketchup >blech (tho' actually not that severe :P Well, mixing chocolate and fruit is an age-old tradition, what with chocolate-covered cherries and the like. Then again, they also make chocolate-covered grasshoppers and ants. I agree with you about Blow Pops, though. I don't even like gum that much, but it seems to fit in quite well with the lollipops, as opposed to those Tootsie Rolls (or nuclear weapons, or Vietcong, or what have you). -- Nathan, who gets a bit PO'ed when Hotmail changes the text size for no apparent reason DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ "Interestingly enough, the gods of the Disc have never bothered much about judging the souls of the dead, and so people only go to hell if that's where they believe, in their deepest heart, that they deserve to go. Which they won't do if they don't know about it. This explains why it is important to shoot missionaries on sight." -Terry Pratchett, _Eric_ ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980804173951.28779.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "VoVat Quetzalcoatlus" Subject: Re: TMBG: Purchasing Severe Tire Damage and Dr. Worm Date: Tue, 04 Aug 1998 10:39:49 PDT >Reply-To: gray42@juno.com > > >On Mon, 03 Aug 1998 12:10:27 -0500 "The Li'l Depressed Boy" > writes: > >>> >>I'll be at my store first thing too. The Doc Worm single is coming >>out on >>the same day? > >Well that's what the guy said who ordered it for me :) Hopefully this >wasn't some weird misunderstanding, but i highly doubt that it was Do you know what will be on the single? It might just be "Dr. Worm," in which case I wouldn't really consider it worth getting. If it's an EP with previously unreleased stuff, I'll be on the lookout for it. Personally, I'm going to be off in New Mexico (or possibly Virginia) when the new album is released. Hopefully, I'll be able to find it somewhere in Albequerque. (Did I spell that correctly?) -- Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ "I saw this lightpost, and it said 'I'll Sink Manhattan' on it, and I thought, 'That's a really cool idea, you know. Manhattan's an island. Sink it. That's cool. That's really cool.' So I wrote a song called 'I'll Sink Manhattan'. Then, later on, I found out there was actually a band called I'll Sink Manhattan, and they were really pissed." -John Flansburgh ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980804174938.18799.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nicholas Wolf" Subject: TMBG: Rammstein lyrics Date: Tue, 04 Aug 1998 10:49:37 PDT The lyrics to the Rammstein song, as best as I can translate them are as follows: Du (You) Du hast (You have) Du hast mich (You have me) Du (You) Du hast (You have) Du hast mich (You have me) Du (You) Du hast (You have) Du hast mich (You have me) Du (You) Du hast (You have) Du hast mich (You have me) Du (You) Du hast (You have) Du hast mich (You have me) Du hast mich (You have me) Du hast mich gefragt (You have asked me) Du hast mich gefragt (You have asked me) Du hast mich gefragt (You have asked me) Und Ich hab nichts gesagt (And I have said nothing) Willst Du bis der tote scheide (Will you, until death does sever) Treuer sein fur alle tage? (Be faithful for all days?) The rest of the song is basically the same. Du hast does not translate to 'You hate' though, because hate is HaBen (Hassen). If it were called Du haBt, or Du hasst, then it would be 'You hate'. Thank you. This has been my two cents. Signed, Nick Wolf, TMBG Ambassador to the state of New Mexico ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: Vandal191@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1998 13:51:12 EDT Subject: Non-TMBG: Leffel is super, supper for ladles >LDB, stick that in your gun and shoot it. I think that the following retort, composed of only six words, will amply refute not only your claims but also your entire existence: The panda is a giant raccoon.< Though silliness and incomprehensibility have always been two of my favorite qualities (both on the list, and in myself, say the ladies), I must abort this miscarriage before it progresses into the next trimester. I like Harf, Harf is good. However, Harf is no Leffel. Harf is pure silly. Leffel was witty silliness with the kind of knowledge that, the more you saw, the more you realized that its vastness must simply be unending. The man was a plethora of plethoras. ~Mooser "You touched my vastness" ------------------------------ From: mr.train@juno.com Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1998 13:50:02 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: IPI single Message-ID: <19980804.135630.13438.0.Mr.Train@juno.com> On Mon, 03 Aug 1998 16:31:30 EDT captainmarvel2@juno.com (Derek A Klein) writes: <> >To end this post on a happy note, I finally have the elusive I Palindrome I single, and I'm listening to it as I type :) I just wanted to say that I think the I Palindrome I singleis the worst grouping of B-sides ever... I really do not care for Cabbagetown at ALL... and Siftin' is OK... but not that great.. I do like the She's Actual Size remix though... or is that on the Statue single? I don't remember... I think the Guitar is the BEST out of print CD that TMBG has... Great B-sides, cool techno remixes and a different mix of the Guitar... really really glad I have that one... But Cabbagetown? BLECH! Tim, free poster with purchase Miscellaneous Tim AKA TMB(do)G AKA Tambo (IRC) AKA Mr.Train (OML) Favorite TMBG song update: Dr. Worm Last CD purchase: Perennial Favorites - Squirrel Nut Zippers (free poster with purchase!) Favorite mainstream song: One Week - Barenaked Ladies (I see them Aug 11!!!!) > >Derek >"Egad, a base tone denotes a bad age" _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #9-5 ****************************