Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #9-6 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 9, Number 6 Thursday, 6 August 1998 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: IPI single Re: NON-TMBG: Live Noise Re: TMBG: IPI single TMBG: Space Ghost Re: TMBG: IPI single Re: TMBG: Space Ghost TMBG: Commerical Radio in Buffalo gets a clue! Re: TMBG: Space Ghost TMBG: Re:Severe tire damage Re: TMBG: Sever Tire Damage....i have it!!! listening party info... NON-TMBG: Erie Re: TMBG: Severe Tire Damage....i have it!!! listening party info... Re: NON-TMBG: How Cool Am I? ^_^ Non-TMBG: VA Re: NON-TMBG: How Cool Am I? ^_^ Non-TMBG: Let's chat ICQ NONTMBG: Tootsie Pops... TMBG: man o' the century Re: TMBG: Space Ghost Re: TMBG: Space Ghost Re: NONTMBG: Tootsie Pops... Re: TMBG: Space Ghost TMBG: TMBG radio requests Re: TMBG: TMBG radio requests Re: Non-TMBG: VA Non-TMBG: Belated joy. TMBG: Giants reference on SportsCenter Part II? Re: NON-TMBG: Lounge act. TMBG: Shed me no tears... Re: TMBG: Giants reference on SportsCenter Part II? TMBG: Let's chat ICQ PLUS TMBG content Re: TMBG: Space Ghost + video TMBG: MOV files and MP3 Non-TMBG: MOV files and MP3 TMBG: Dr.Worm and STD Picture TMBG: Concert in Minneapolis was Beautiful TMBG: Zits and Rammstein (!) Re: semi - TMBG: in the comics (STD) Re: semi - TMBG: in the comics (STD) Re: NONTMBG: Tootsie Pops... Re: TMBG: MP3's on big paperweights TMBG: Re: The German H Word Controversy. Re:non-TMBG: Re: The German H Word Controversy. Re: TMBG: Re: The German H Word Controversy. TMBG: Severe Tire Damage TMBG: Fonts TMBG: Re: Radio TMBG: WVU Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Message-ID: <7032fd07.35c74f8d@aol.com> Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1998 14:14:36 EDT Subject: Re: Re: TMBG: IPI single tim wrote: >I just wanted to say that I think the I Palindrome I singleis the worst >grouping of B-sides ever... I really do not care for Cabbagetown at >ALL... and Siftin' is OK... but not that great.. I do like the She's >Actual Size remix though... >But Cabbagetown? BLECH! heh, now see, i'm of the complete opposite opinion. i love CT & siftin... larger than life tends to get on my nerves though. >I think the Guitar is the BEST out of print CD that TMBG >has... Great B-sides, cool techno remixes and a different mix of the >Guitar... really really glad I have that one... i have a copy (on the same tape as some shadowy men on a shadowy planet ep's..) but the car tape player ate it... :P i have to play tape surgeon again.. sarah ------------------------------ Message-Id: <35C74FDE.CD69CFFF@rosevc.rose-hulman.edu> Date: Tue, 04 Aug 1998 13:15:58 -0500 From: Chad Maloney Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Live Noise Jason Fickley wrote: > > This would be a large undertaking, but is there a webpage that lists who > says what on the "witty banter" tracks of MF's Live Noise, such as > Lowest Highest Point and Naked Puppets? Having never seen them live it's > tough seperating voices and I really need help visualizing who says > what...(on all of the spoken/improv tracks, not just those) The transciption is currently being worked on by a couple people. When it is completed, it will be up on www.fruvous.com. If you (or anyone) would like some questions answered about it, I can probably answer them. - Chad ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980804183513.9642.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "VoVat Quetzalcoatlus" Subject: Re: Re: TMBG: IPI single Date: Tue, 04 Aug 1998 11:35:12 PDT >Reply-To: KdsInThHal@aol.com > >tim wrote: > >>I just wanted to say that I think the I Palindrome I singleis the worst >>grouping of B-sides ever... I really do not care for Cabbagetown at >>ALL... and Siftin' is OK... but not that great.. I do like the She's >>Actual Size remix though... > >>But Cabbagetown? BLECH! > >heh, now see, i'm of the complete opposite opinion. i love CT & siftin... >larger than life tends to get on my nerves though. I like "Cabbagetown," mostly for the words, although the music is pretty good, too (and it definitely fits the lyrics). "Siftin'" is pretty cool, although I might have overplayed my MP3 of it a bit. As for "Larger Than Life," I think it's one of the more interesting ideas for remixes, but it gets a bit boring after a while. I could also use my general complaint for remixes: It's too darned long. Actually, this isn't quite as valid for this one as it is for Joshua's Fried's "The World's Address" remix, the Outer Planet Mix of "The Guitar," or (possibly the worst offender) the Warren Rigg Microwave Mix of "S-E-X-X-Y." At least "Larger Than Life" doesn't repeat itself ad nauseum. Overall, "I Palindrome I" doesn't sound like all that great a single. -- Nathan, who was stung by a yellow jacket yesterday DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ "The puffin sipped at his herbal tea and sighed, 'You can't get the buttons these days.'" ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1998 14:39:00 EDT Subject: TMBG: Space Ghost okay, according to Late Show News, Space Ghost Coast to Coast is FINALLY about to begin it's new season... i'm expecting Flansburgh's episode to run in september.. at the earliest anyways. just thought i'd make mention of it so everyone can be prepared!:) can't wait to see this... haha, this episode looks good as well: >Fr 8/14 Merrill Markoe, Adam Carolla, John Henson sarah http://lava.home.ml.org ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.5.32.19980804145641.0082b5c0@mailin.icdc.com> Date: Tue, 04 Aug 1998 14:56:41 -0400 From: "J. L. Moquin" Subject: Re: Re: TMBG: IPI single VoVat Quetzalcoatlus wrote: [snip] >Overall, "I Palindrome I" doesn't sound like all that great a >single. Ohh, but you have to get it for the neat sticker on the outer wrap which reads: "COOL CD5! On this you get, can you believe, songs elsewhere unavailable. Three! THREE UNAVAILABLE ELSEWHERE SONGS. Believe! You can get you this on CD5. Cool!" I love that! :D -jennifer, mommy to alice the bean, 8/15/97 NEW WEB URL: http://www.kjsl.com/~beanmom/ mailto:beanmom@icdc.com "...adults are just obsolete children and the hell with them." -- Dr. Seuss ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980804193005.25014.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Josh Buckland" Subject: Re: TMBG: Space Ghost Date: Tue, 04 Aug 1998 12:29:55 PDT Hmm... Space Ghost... Vs. Flansburgh.... I wonder who'll make an ass out of who... Will Space Ghost say something so bazzar, Flans will be shocked speachless??? Will Flansy stun Spacy by telling him PJ's are obcene on TV??? Will they both start talking nonsence to eachother??? THE SUSPENCE IS KILLING ME!!! Josh Buckland dilbert_2000@hotmail.com http://profiles.yahoo.com/LeChuck__ LeChuck: "We are bound to one another." Guybrush: "Like dreadlocks?" LeChuck: "Yes, rather like that. But more like...brothers!" Guybrush: "Eh?" Lechuck: "I am your brother." Guybrush: "That's not true, that's impossible!" Lechuck: "Search your feelings, you know it to be true" Guybrush: "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" -- Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1998 15:39:58 -0400 (EDT) From: Beth Connell Subject: TMBG: Commerical Radio in Buffalo gets a clue! Message-ID: I tuned in 103.3 FM yesterday, cause the antenna was being grotty and I couldn't tune in the Canadian stations I usually listen to. So I figured I'd buck up and deal, since I left my CDs at home. Imagine my surprise when I hear the familiar strains of They Might Be Giants! Don't Let's Start, even! I guess they must have decided to add it to their playlist cause of Edgefest, since it certainly wasn't there before... So then my boss walks up and makes a comment about TMBG being on /again/. (I play They CD's a lot at work, much to his irritation. He says he gets sick of hearing them. But if I do the same thing with his Moxy Fruvous CDs, he doesn't complain...) I couldn't resist an opportunity like that, so I crowed, "No! They're on the /radio/! 103.3's playing them." He just groaned and walked away. And then - and /then/ - later that evening, my sister, who's music director at WBNY, announced she'd gotten Severe Tire Damage that day. So to close out the All-Talk Monday show we do (B*st*rd Child of Tabloid Madness - where we read the Weekly World News and discuss the stories wherein.), we played the live version of WDTSS. Not to mention we actually had more than one caller, /and/ managed to offend every single male listening to the show with an article... It was a good evening. Beth -<*>- http://www.cgicafe.com/~soulfire | "I want to raise my freak flag higher and higher..." -TMBG | "Rock Climbing, Joel. Rock Climbing." -Tom Servo, MST3K | "I love humans. Always seeing patterns in things that aren't there." -Dr. Who (8th Doctor) | Odangos, anyone? -<*>- ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1998 14:19:45 -0600 Subject: Re: TMBG: Space Ghost Message-ID: <19980804.141953.4350.5.TMBgirl@juno.com> >Will Space Ghost say >something >so bazzar, Flans will be shocked speachless??? i member him talking about it in some interview and this is almost exactly how he said it was. take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html http://members.tripod.com/~tmbgirl/index.html BEASTIE BOYS TOMORROW!!! _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-ID: <35C77806.5804@chapman.edu> Date: Tue, 04 Aug 1998 14:07:18 -0700 From: Kat Hayes Organization: Chapman Subject: TMBG: Re:Severe tire damage oh oh oh I bouhgt it today used in a record store...happiness is.....I got severer tire damage....oh oh oh happy...dammit I got a parking ticket though...oh well ------------------------------ From: TMBGChris@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1998 17:36:33 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Sever Tire Damage....i have it!!! listening party info... hi, my local radio station does this all the time, they used to do it every saturday,, If i was in A Band, and a band that isnt extremely popular, i would love the air play,, later chris ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980804214654.10186.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Jason Fickley" Subject: NON-TMBG: Erie Date: Tue, 04 Aug 1998 14:46:54 PDT Anyone on this list live in Erie, PA or close to it? Email me off-list. --Jason-- "Hot Cha, where are you? Everybody's eyes are closed." -They Might Be Giants "As a lizard stalks a helpless creature on TV music underscores the tragedy" -They Might Be Giants ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <004001bdbff2$d3ffa7e0$0100000a@icefire> From: "Jen" Subject: Re: TMBG: Severe Tire Damage....i have it!!! listening party info... Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1998 14:57:06 -0700 >Um... is it just me or might TMBG not like that very much? I mean... the >opportunity for an entire unreleased cd to simply be recorded off of a radio >show? Call me a capitalist pig, but if I were either John and I found out >about that, I'd be extremely mad and I'd try and find whatever legal thing I >could do to stop it or just do something bad to the station. Well... maybe I'd >send them flowers. But no, no, seriously folks. Would that really be a good >idea? I've always had certain doubts on whether or not that sort of thing is a good idea. But it's very true that lots of stations do it anyways. One of my local big commercial stations in VA would play "sides" of CDs once a week; sometimes they did whole ones. College radio commonly plays entire CDs. To the best of my knowledge this is not usually a legal problem. One other question: what's the output of your station, Kathy? 'Cuz if you're only at 1000W or something, I don't really think it makes that much difference. (And I don't mean to imply that makes a station insignificant or anything- my favorite station is still only 1000W, though we have a brand new permit to upgrade to 10,000 this year- but it does substantially reduce the listening area.) Just chipping in, SpiderEyes ------------------------------ Message-ID: <00c701bdbff5$30f00150$0100000a@icefire> From: "Jen" Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: How Cool Am I? ^_^ Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1998 15:14:01 -0700 >As far as off topic posts are concerned, I think "How Cool Am I?" could >become a great thread for "show and tell." Anyone else care to share? Well, I think I already talked about meeting Douglas Adams in person when he gave a talk at Microsoft. But I'd like to note my envy of: 1. Arwen, 2. everyone in Rhode Island who gets to hear Kathy's Severe Tire Listening party, and 3. everyone in Seattle who gets to see TMBG _and_ Morphine at Bumbershoot instead of being in school in Cleveland! Another pointless post from SpiderEyes ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980804222213.15006.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Josh Buckland" Subject: Non-TMBG: VA Date: Tue, 04 Aug 1998 15:22:12 PDT If any one lives in VA, e-mail ME. Josh Buckland dilbert_2000@hotmail.com http://profiles.yahoo.com/LeChuck__ LeChuck: "We are bound to one another." Guybrush: "Like dreadlocks?" LeChuck: "Yes, rather like that. But more like...brothers!" Guybrush: "Eh?" Lechuck: "I am your brother." Guybrush: "That's not true, that's impossible!" Lechuck: "Search your feelings, you know it to be true" Guybrush: "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" -- Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <35C79259.69B5@tmbg.org> Date: Tue, 04 Aug 1998 15:59:37 -0700 From: "Flyn O'Brien" Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: How Cool Am I? ^_^ Jen wrote: > But I'd like to note my envy of: 1. Arwen, 2. everyone in Rhode Island who > gets to hear Kathy's Severe Tire Listening party, and 3. everyone in Seattle > who gets to see TMBG _and_ Morphine at Bumbershoot instead of being in > school in Cleveland! Unfortunately, Morphine is playing at the same time as TMBG, on a different stage. The people in charge of bumbershoot seem good at this; among the many simultaneous performances by bands that might appeal to the same people were: Cake, the fastbacks, and Beck, at the same time one day, with Ben Lee, Geggy Tah, and Goodness, playing at the same time on the next. So, while Bumbershoot always has lots of good acts, in practice it's often walking around getting annoyed at the smell of roasted corncobs and waiting for the three hours when everyone You want to see is playing. Though I'll surely be spending a few days there, less patient NW TMBG fans should note that, although bracelets are required for night stadium shows, they aren't required for the rock arena. Therefore, get to the arena early, but you won't be needing a bracelet. -Flyn 362 days since my last post. Almost made it a year. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980804230720.6931.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Josh Buckland" Subject: Non-TMBG: Let's chat ICQ Date: Tue, 04 Aug 1998 16:07:19 PDT So far, I only have one person on my ICQ contacts. I would like to chat with one of you, so if you have ICQ, throw me a chat request. ICQ: 16461969 Josh Buckland dilbert_2000@hotmail.com http://profiles.yahoo.com/LeChuck__ LeChuck: "We are bound to one another." Guybrush: "Like dreadlocks?" LeChuck: "Yes, rather like that. But more like...brothers!" Guybrush: "Eh?" Lechuck: "I am your brother." Guybrush: "That's not true, that's impossible!" Lechuck: "Search your feelings, you know it to be true" Guybrush: "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" -- Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: Happyfroot@aol.com Message-ID: <735fff0a.35c794fe@aol.com> Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1998 19:10:53 EDT Subject: NONTMBG: Tootsie Pops... Well, what's in the center? It's brown, it's squishy, it smells bad...hmm....that ain't no Tootsie Roll (my friend counted once, the number was 666...I'm not joking...tootsie roll pops are, in fact, Satan spawns...try it yourself someday, I assure you, the number will be around 600-700...) jason "Be afraid. Be very afraid." glastetter ------------------------------ From: ErgoTM@aol.com Message-ID: <6a0c0579.35c798f1@aol.com> Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1998 19:27:44 EDT Subject: TMBG: man o' the century is there any way to vote more than once, he must beat cartman. ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980804191116.006996e0@pop.indy.net> Date: Tue, 04 Aug 1998 19:11:16 -0400 From: rachel Subject: Re: TMBG: Space Ghost jordan wrote: >i member him talking about it in some interview and this is almost >exactly how he said it was. > yeah, in the interview he said that SG told him to sing and then asked him if he knew any other talk show hosts who had super powers. the way they edit the show i'm sure SG would win any kind of witty debate, but then again the creators are tmbg fans. yay! also, in the clip they showed (that was about 1 second of him nodding) he was wearing the same shirt he wore when i met him. i swear he only owns 3 or 4 shirts: a brown and yellow terry cloth t-shirt (on the show), a lumber-jack-looking-flannel and a bright orange t shirt. meow, rachel "happiness is tmbg and space ghost combined (my fav band and fav show)" eckstein "obsessive projects" can now be found at: http://www.geocities.com/soho/museum/5039 enjoy, (or whatever it is that you do) "i stay inside, i have no television. but i can recite edgar allan poe line for line..." ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Message-ID: <7a04f5c1.35c7a902@aol.com> Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1998 20:36:17 EDT Subject: Re: Re: TMBG: Space Ghost >i swear he only owns 3 >or 4 shirts: a brown and yellow terry cloth t-shirt (on the show), a >lumber-jack-looking-flannel and a bright orange t shirt. naw, more than that. a cub one and a "devil girl chocolate bar" one.. actually the latter might be the bright orange one.. :) sarah ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1998 19:53:55 -0600 Subject: Re: NONTMBG: Tootsie Pops... Message-ID: <19980804.200004.4350.0.TMBgirl@juno.com> HEy HEy! >.try >it yourself someday, I assure you, the number will be around >600-700...) i would like to deem myself an expert on this topic... when i was in geez... must've been like 5th grade, my friend, jamie did her science expirement on how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie pop. anyways, the results varied sooo much... mostly on the fact that you can't really determine what counts as a "lick" some people put the whole thing in their mouth and suck counting that as one lick. while others would just tap one area of the lollipop to their tongue and count that as a "lick." the first group averaged around 300 licks and the later about 650. how i still remember stuff like that concerns me. take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html http://members.tripod.com/~tmbgirl/index.html _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: ArwenAnaNg@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1998 22:22:32 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Space Ghost He's wearing a Soul Coughing t-shirt in the picture I took with him. -- Arwen, seems to be bragging a lot today In a message dated 8/4/98 8:43:14 PM Eastern Daylight Time, KdsInThHal@aol.com writes: > >i swear he only owns 3 > >or 4 shirts: a brown and yellow terry cloth t-shirt (on the show), a > >lumber-jack-looking-flannel and a bright orange t shirt. > > naw, more than that. a cub one and a "devil girl chocolate bar" one.. > actually > the latter might be the bright orange one.. :) ------------------------------ From: DiceBourbn@aol.com Message-ID: <5baa5884.35c7cca1@aol.com> Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1998 23:08:16 EDT Subject: TMBG: TMBG radio requests Hey! Tonight I heard on my local station in Columbus OH, CD101, "Doctor Worm" was the top requested song for today. So it looks like people here are requesting the song quite a bit without any prompting (or maybe they read this list, who knows?). They have a pretty good fanbase here, their shows always sell rather well. Bryce ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1998 21:20:56 -0600 Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG radio requests Message-ID: <19980804.212101.4350.3.TMBgirl@juno.com> >Hey! Tonight I heard on my local station in Columbus OH, CD101, >"Doctor Worm" >was the top requested song for today. or else the DJ likes the song and just *said* it was the most requested song (beleive me, that happens a lot more than you'd think) take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html http://members.tripod.com/~tmbgirl/index.html heh, listening to all my STP albums for kicks :) _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980805034622.26824.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Josh Buckland" Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: VA Date: Tue, 04 Aug 1998 20:46:21 PDT For those wanting to know which part of VA I'm from, Staunton (pronounced "Stanton"). Yep, It's not far from the evermore popular (and populous) Charllotsville. Josh Buckland dilbert_2000@hotmail.com ICQ#: 16461969 contact me! http://profiles.yahoo.com/LeChuck__ LeChuck: "We are bound to one another." Guybrush: "Like dreadlocks?" LeChuck: "Yes, rather like that. But more like...brothers!" Guybrush: "Eh?" Lechuck: "I am your brother." Guybrush: "That's not true, that's impossible!" Lechuck: "Search your feelings, you know it to be true" Guybrush: "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" -- Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980805040121.12241.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Josh Buckland" Subject: Non-TMBG: Belated joy. Date: Tue, 04 Aug 1998 21:01:20 PDT I've been so happy and overjoyed with the following, I forgot to mention it! I know there ar ethose who don't give a rat's ass, but I simply MUST share my joy. Today, my girlfriend said she was sorry, so I told her to piss off!!! I'm free!!!!! On top of that, Jennifer Aniston sent me an autographed photo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woo-hoo!!! I'M SO HAPPY!!! MAN, SHE IS SUCH A FOX!!! I REALLY LIKE HER!!!!! And now, for something COMPLETELY different. Josh Buckland dilbert_2000@hotmail.com ICQ#: 16461969 contact me! http://profiles.yahoo.com/LeChuck__ LeChuck: "We are bound to one another." Guybrush: "Like dreadlocks?" LeChuck: "Yes, rather like that. But more like...brothers!" Guybrush: "Eh?" Lechuck: "I am your brother." Guybrush: "That's not true, that's impossible!" Lechuck: "Search your feelings, you know it to be true" Guybrush: "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" -- Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge "And now, for something completly different" is a trademark of Monty Python Inc. and Pythonline. The Breaking of such copyright laws is subject to death be the tying down of one's genatalia to a rae lemon, and beten senslessly on the arse. ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.3.32.19980805084054.00f9d600@csrlink.net> Date: Wed, 05 Aug 1998 08:40:54 -0400 From: Dylan Flipse Subject: TMBG: Giants reference on SportsCenter Part II? Just returned from a covert mission to steal and scan, then return baby pictures from my mom's house (Long story.), I turned on SportsCenter, to find one of my favorite anchor combos, Scott/Eisen, (Also very fond of Patrick/Kilborn) returning from commercial. Then Eisen says- How bad does John Elway want his left tackle Gary Zimmerman back? Enough to let his "freak flag" fly. I believe that's an exact quote. It happened at about 8 or 10 after the hour, with SportsCenter repeating as it does, you may be able to catch it yet this morning. FYI-The First Ref was months ago, when John Bugitross (sp?) said "They Might Be Giants," while talking about the San Francisco variety. The way he said it makes me think it was intentional. Dylan "Mike Leffel On SportsCenter Would Rock My Pants" Flipse Dylan Flipse...one of them. - dflipse@csrlink.net Dylan's page is at http://www.geocities.com/Athens/9909/ for now. I'll never see myself in the mirror with my eyes closed -They Might Be Giants, the coolest thing this side of Zaphod Beeblebrox. ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 5 Aug 1998 08:53:14 -0400 Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Lounge act. Message-ID: <19980805.085316.4590.0.djMagma@juno.com> From: djmagma@juno.com (Davin Q. Hutchingstone) I just got off of work, and boy are my arms tired! (Laughter) I just decided that I would like to jump on the Harf bandwagon. But they took away my meat and potatoes and told me to sit down! (Laughter) Well, I have to cut to the meat and potatoes of my post. Here it is: There was a game for 8-bit NES called "Dragon Warrior." (It was offered for free with a Nintendo Power subscription.) Well, there were 3 sequels to that. If anyone has the 2nd and/or 4th one or has played or even heard of any of them, let me know. If not, can someone tell me if I can play these games on an emulator for computer? (Laughter) Well, I gotta go. (Laughter) Bye. -Dave "Meat and Potatoes" Hutch P.S.- What does the phrase "meat and potatoes" mean? "Feel the strength of my two-ply!" - Mortimer Kahn, after his spirit possessed a roll of toilet paper and attacked Heffer. (From Rocko's Modern Life) * harffel, man...* _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: echuss@notes.cc.bellcore.com Message-ID: <85256657.00483790.00@notes950.cc.bellcore.com> Date: Wed, 5 Aug 1998 09:12:14 -0400 Subject: TMBG: Shed me no tears... >I got "I Palindrome I" from a place called VSMusic. I don't know if they >have anymore, but the e-mail address is vsmusic@vsmusic.com >I tried those e-mail addresses, unfortunately they don't have any of >those CDs. I have yet to try Goldmine though. >Derek Derek - think this was posted a few weeks ago but don't use Tunnel Records. They billed me $30 for DrSBB and they never sent it. It's been like 4 months now and I told them to forget it and refund my money. Someone else said this happened to them as well. To date they haven't refunded my money and still I have no DrSBB (please, please stop crying. One day I will find it). Erik ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980805093622.006a7330@130.127.28.14> Date: Wed, 05 Aug 1998 09:36:22 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: Giants reference on SportsCenter Part II? At 08:40 AM 8/5/98 -0400, Dylan Flipse wrote: > >How bad does John Elway want his left tackle Gary Zimmerman back? Enough to >let his "freak flag" fly. I dunno...that's kind of a commonly used phrase. I searched Altavista for "freak flag fly" and got 208 matches, and only 2 of those related to TMBG. You'll find it in many different songs, including "Paper Dolls" by Tuscadero...great tune, btw. :-) -Adam, who'll use any opportunity to mention Tuscadero - http://members.xoom.com/tuscadero/ -- /=---------------- http://www.he-man.org/ctyner/ ----------------=\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! Demented music list admin O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ Message-ID: <001001bdc079$90b070a0$9d061ecf@default> From: "John Lambert" Subject: TMBG: Let's chat ICQ PLUS TMBG content Date: Wed, 5 Aug 1998 10:01:35 -0400 Josh Buckland, the almighty dillweed@i_am_a_farging_idiot.net said: >So far, I only have one person on my ICQ contacts. I would like to chat >with one of you, so if you have ICQ, throw me a chat request. > >ICQ: 16461969 Oh!!! Quick let's get together and chat for hours!!! I love you and want you to bear my children. TMBG Content: Called WSHE the other day and they said that they had received about 75 calls or emails for Dr. Worm this week. I asked if this meant that they were going to start playing it and he said "If that's what the ppl want..." Vague, but a start. ------------------------------ From: mr.train@juno.com Date: Wed, 5 Aug 1998 10:07:12 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: Space Ghost + video Message-ID: <19980805.100714.4590.0.Mr.Train@juno.com> On Tue, 4 Aug 1998 20:36:17 EDT KdsInThHal@aol.com writes: > >>i swear he only owns 3 >>or 4 shirts: a brown and yellow terry cloth t-shirt (on the show), a >>lumber-jack-looking-flannel and a bright orange t shirt. > >naw, more than that. a cub one and a "devil girl chocolate bar" one.. >actually >the latter might be the bright orange one.. :) > >sarah > When I saw him in Norfolk he was wearing a Lincoln shirt... one that was really kind of small for him, too... But I really don't think we need to mention all of the shirts that Flans owns... I do have a question regarding Video Boots though.. I guess this is directed to Russ, but I'm sure the rest of the list wants to know... will there be a Vol. 4? Will I get to see this years Hatch Shell (I remember someone posting that they had a great tape of it)? Tim, "What is this video camera bullshit, man? I don't wanna be on channel J!" - John Flansburgh Miscellaneous Tim AKA TMB(do)G AKA Tambo (IRC) AKA Mr.Train (OML) Favorite TMBG song update: Dr. Worm Last CD purchase: Perennial Favorites Favorite mainstream song: One Week - BNL _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-ID: <35C86A72.22B06591@btc.adaptec.com> Date: Wed, 05 Aug 1998 08:21:38 -0600 From: Russ Josephson Organization: Adaptec, Inc Subject: TMBG: MOV files and MP3 > > Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980803183800.006a1b34@130.127.28.14> > Date: Mon, 03 Aug 1998 18:38:00 -0400 > From: Adam Tyner > Subject: TMBG: Dialasong.com > > Blah. I'm a little disappointed with the sound quality at dialasong.com. > The audio seems to be 8-bit, 11kHz (or at least that was the sampling rate > of the WAV I extracted from the .MOV with TRMOOV)... Why not use mp3? > Even if they choose not to use CD quality (16 bit, 128kps, 44.1kHz), they > could easily use a lower bit rate and still have higher quality with > smaller file sizes than the Quicktime videos. I bet more people have mp3 > players than the latest version of Quicktime anyway... ;-) > > -Adam > -- > That's true, but for those of us with wimpy 75 MHz Pentiums, we can't play mp3 files without getting annoying pauses and dropouts. They really require lots of processor horsepower. Russ -- WORK: HOME: Adaptec, Inc. Russ Josephson 1951 S. Fordham St. 1217 N. Aspen Dr. Longmont, CO 80503 Berthoud, CO 80513-1040 Phone: (303) 684-4722 (970) 532-0453 Fax: (303) 684-3020 (970) 690-1509 (cellular) mailto:russj@btc.adaptec.com mailto:russj@juno.com http://www.adaptec.com http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/7158 ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199808051529.LAA15836@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Date: Wed, 05 Aug 1998 10:30:15 -0500 From: Mitchell Harding Subject: Non-TMBG: MOV files and MP3 >That's true, but for those of us with wimpy 75 MHz Pentiums, >we can't play mp3 files without getting annoying pauses >and dropouts. They really require lots of processor horsepower. One of my roommates has a 486/66 and can play mp3s. He just had to spend some time tweaking his system to get it running without any other excess baggage. Harf, Mitch ------------------------------ Subject: TMBG: Dr.Worm and STD Picture Message-ID: <19980805.120047.11975.0.captainmarvel2@juno.com> From: captainmarvel2@juno.com (Derek A Klein) Date: Wed, 05 Aug 1998 12:02:05 EDT Can someone tell me where I can find a downloadable Dr. Worm? Thanks. Oh yeah, my friend and I drew the picture that's on the front of the "Music Self-Played" shirt. It makes a pretty cool wall-hanging if you print it out. If anyone wants me to send them one, e-mail me off the list. Derek "Egad, a base tone denotes a bad age" _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Wed, 5 Aug 1998 11:05:32 -0500 From: The Pope Subject: TMBG: Concert in Minneapolis was Beautiful I just got back from the TMBG concert in Minnesota, that occured on Sunday, the other day. It was a wonderfull concert. They played Dr. Worm TWICE. It was the first song and the last song. It was beautiful. My friend got pictures of them back stage. He posed as a photographer and got to shake Linnel's hand and got a high five from Flans. Needless to say I was jealous, but he got some kick ass pictures. Also we did get a pretty decent tape recording of this concert. We could've even brought a vhs recorder to video tape the show, but unfortunately we did not bring one along thinking we would even have problems with the tape recorder. DOH!! The congo line was enjoyable. The only thing I wish didn't happen was the rain. The rain shortened the show by a few encore songs. The show lasted about an hour which was good for 10 bucks. My other friend who was with us is going to take our tape and make a few cd's after he cleans them up a bit. It was definitely worth the trip to Minneapolis and the 10 bucks to see John and John doing what they do best. It was great! Jason "who's still high from the weekend" Arnold ------------------------------ From: DiceBourbn@aol.com Message-ID: <79bb93b0.35c89fa3@aol.com> Date: Wed, 5 Aug 1998 14:08:34 EDT Subject: TMBG: Zits and Rammstein (!) Anybody read the comics? In today's "Zits" (if you get it in your paper) the kids are coming up with a name for their garage band and the first thing they think of is "Severe Tire Damage." I guess it's just a coincidence or maybe the cartoonist is a TMBG fan. Also, about Rammstein: someone told me that "du hast" is the way they say "you hate" in a local German dialect. But I don't know German, maybe they were just bullshitting me. Bryce ------------------------------ From: mr.train@juno.com Date: Wed, 5 Aug 1998 12:45:14 -0400 Subject: Re: semi - TMBG: in the comics (STD) Message-ID: <19980805.141943.4622.1.Mr.Train@juno.com> Hey Train here again... I just wanted to say that TMBG are in the comics today... well, kinda... My paper gets this comic by two guys (Jerry Scott and Jim Borgman) about a teenager and it's called Zits... Anyway, this kid and his friend are trying to think of a name for their band... and the first panel has his friend spoutig off names... the first one he says is "Severe Tire Damage." Now I know Severe Tire Damage is a real band (check out http://www.std.org/) Hell, they're even TMBG fans... But I just wanted to tell the list about this... I couldn't find the comic ANYWHERE online... so sorry you can't see it unless your paper carries it... I wonder if Jim and Jerry are referring to TMBG, STD, or just think it makes a good band name... Other Band Names Suggested by Hector: Blown Lunch Bite-sized Yak Goat Cheese Pizza (sugg. by his Dad) Miscellaneous Tim AKA TMB(do)G AKA Tambo (IRC) AKA Mr.Train (OML) Favorite TMBG song update: Dr. Worm Last CD purchase: Perennial favorites - Squirrel Nut Zippers (free poster w/ purchase!) Favorite mainstream song: One Week - BNL _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980805183013.7412.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Josh Buckland" Subject: Re: semi - TMBG: in the comics (STD) Date: Wed, 05 Aug 1998 11:30:13 PDT >But I just wanted to tell the list about this... I it's been done. Josh Buckland dilbert_2000@hotmail.com ICQ#: 16461969 contact me! http://profiles.yahoo.com/LeChuck__ LeChuck: "We are bound to one another." Guybrush: "Like dreadlocks?" LeChuck: "Yes, rather like that. But more like...brothers!" Guybrush: "Eh?" Lechuck: "I am your brother." Guybrush: "That's not true, that's impossible!" Lechuck: "Search your feelings, you know it to be true" Guybrush: "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" -- Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: Happyfroot@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Wed, 5 Aug 1998 15:34:49 EDT Subject: Re: NONTMBG: Tootsie Pops... 650? hmmm...that sounds around 666 to me.... Actually, on one freak pop, it took 0...damn tootsie pops.... still, man...brown, squishy...ick, i don't want to think about that... jason "why bother with a middle name?" glastetter ------------------------------ Message-ID: <04f401bdc0c0$b9138540$0100000a@icefire> From: "Jen" Subject: Re: TMBG: MP3's on big paperweights Date: Wed, 5 Aug 1998 15:30:26 -0700 >That's true, but for those of us with wimpy 75 MHz Pentiums, >we can't play mp3 files without getting annoying pauses >and dropouts. They really require lots of processor horsepower. Sure you can. One of our machines is a 486/66, and though I naturally prefer to play mp3's on one of the good computers, they'll play just fine on a 486. It just takes a little tweaking. (Of course, it also depends on what else you're doing at the time. Even a P233 will produce choppy sound if we're trying to use Photoshop, Access, and compile in Visual C++ 7 at the same time.) - SpiderEyes > > Russ >-- > WORK: HOME: > Adaptec, Inc. Russ Josephson > 1951 S. Fordham St. 1217 N. Aspen Dr. > Longmont, CO 80503 Berthoud, CO 80513-1040 >Phone: (303) 684-4722 (970) 532-0453 >Fax: (303) 684-3020 (970) 690-1509 (cellular) >mailto:russj@btc.adaptec.com mailto:russj@juno.com > http://www.adaptec.com http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/7158 > ------------------------------ From: Vandal191@aol.com Message-ID: <7e29c523.35c8f0ed@aol.com> Date: Wed, 5 Aug 1998 19:55:23 EDT Subject: TMBG: Re: The German H Word Controversy. The always trusty, always reliable Barnes & Noble German/English English/German redundancy dictionary comes to our rescue. Hasst: Not a word Hass: hate Hassen: To hate Hast: (Much to the crowd's awe) Haste You Haste Me? Damn those Germans, always one step ahead. ~Mooser ------------------------------ From: Coffeesgrl@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Wed, 5 Aug 1998 20:46:27 EDT Subject: Re:non-TMBG: Re: The German H Word Controversy. In a message dated 8/5/98 8:15:31 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Vandal191@AOL.com writes: << The always trusty, always reliable Barnes & Noble German/English English/German redundancy dictionary comes to our rescue. Hasst: Not a word Hass: hate Hassen: To hate Hast: (Much to the crowd's awe) Haste You Haste Me? Damn those Germans, always one step ahead. ~Mooser >> Um, everyone else was right when they said hast was have. thats pratically the first thing you learn in german. ich habe (i have), du hast (you have), er sie es hat (he/she/it has, wir haben (we have), ihr habt (they have), sie haben. i did learn something from 2 and a half years of german =) sorry for the non-tmbg post... ~alison ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199808060109.VAA03528@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Date: Wed, 05 Aug 1998 20:10:09 -0500 From: Mitchell Harding Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: The German H Word Controversy. At 07:55 PM 8/5/98 -0400, you wrote: >The always trusty, always reliable Barnes & Noble German/English >English/German redundancy dictionary comes to our rescue. >Hasst: Not a word Not true. That is the 2nd person singular informal conjugated form of: >Hassen: To hate Harf, Mitch ------------------------------ From: Leo Bicknell Message-Id: <199808060308.XAA13758@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Subject: TMBG: Severe Tire Damage Date: Wed, 5 Aug 1998 23:08:03 -0400 (EDT) There is new Severe Tire Damage info at www.tmbg.org, including some audio clips. Please visit and enjoy! -- Leo Bicknell - bicknell@ufp.org Systems Engineer - Internetworking Engineer - CCIE 3440 Read TMBG List - tmbg-list-request@tmbg.org, www.tmbg.org ------------------------------ From: gray42@juno.com Date: Wed, 5 Aug 1998 23:14:11 -0400 Subject: TMBG: Fonts Message-ID: <19980805.231429.3326.1.gray42@juno.com> Hey, I know at least 1 or 2 people on this list have created a TMBG's Font, but I don't remember who. If you have made a TMBG Font, or know where to get one, please send me (privately or publicly [which ever is better for the list]) the URL of the page that has these much wanted fonts. Please DO NOT send me the font itself, since I won't be able to receive it. The only account I can receive attachments with seems to be frozen. I think I pressed the wrong button somewhere along the line :( Mysterio Gal (who is quickly becoming obsessed with FONTS) "I'm Dave Kendal." "I'm John Kendall..." "And I'm MC Search!" --Dave, John &John on 120 min. ICQ# 9585405 MST3K#88182 gray42@juno.com http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 The Official Project Omicrom website: www.geocities.com/SoHo/Square/9007 _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-ID: <01bd01bdc0f3$e5de9f00$08c508d1@idiotnot.visi.net> From: "S. Bergeron" Subject: TMBG: Re: Radio Date: Thu, 6 Aug 1998 00:37:12 -0400 :I have heard Birdhouse In Your Soul on 96x, a station in the Norfolk Virginia :Area. I will and have been calling often requesting Dr. Worm. You guys run a :great web page. El Jacko aka "Bluedawg" here.... 96x has changed formats. I heard Dr. Worm a week before the change went into effect. The new format is top 40. We've got a snowball's chance in hell of getting it played there again. There is hope, however. 93.7 "The Coast" is owned by the same company (inside the studio, one door is 96.1, the other door is 93.7), and probably will play Dr. Worm. I live in Hampton, BTW. Jack Bergeron, idiotnot@visi.net bluedawg@tmbg.org "Someday, somebody else besides me will call me by my stage name."--Doctor Worm http://www.tmbg.org/~bluedawg/ ------------------------------ From: CWLKNSN@wvnvaxa.wvnet.edu Date: Thu, 06 Aug 1998 01:32:31 -0400 (EDT) Subject: TMBG: WVU Message-id: <01J09KMI548YVVH16Q@wvnvms.wvnet.edu> Organization: West Virginia Network they might be giants are coming to play a show in my hometown, Morgantown, on the 25th. anyone coming to the show from the mailing list, send me a message and maybe we can get together. i am also looking to tape the show and can perhaps send out some copies. as I said mail me sam ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #9-6 ****************************