Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #14-14 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 14, Number 14 Thursday, 14 January 1999 Today's Topics: TMBG: UK! UK! UK! UK! TMBG: Dr.Worm Video Re: TMBG: Dr.Worm Video Re: TMBG: Dr.Worm Video TMBG: Dr.Worm Video -Reply Re: TMBG: Dr.Worm Video -Reply Re: Non-TMBG: New subject good, old subject bad(was: An Actual POINT? (was: TMBG: straight from brooklyn? Re: TMBG: Interpretations Re: Non-TMBG: New subject good, old subject bad(was: An Actual Re: Non-TMBG: Personal Mottos (was: Interpretations) TMBG: TOUR info Re: Non-TMBG: Personal Mottos (was: Interpretations) Re: Non-TMBG: Personal Mottos (was: Interpretations) TMBG: Greatest Hits Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-ID: <312FD527DF9BD111A3BC00A0C941EC8570F945@EXCALIBUR> From: "Pickstock, Kevin" Subject: TMBG: UK! UK! UK! UK! Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 09:16:57 +0000 Richard and Steve - thanks for keeping us posted with UK happenings. Great news about the GLR appearance, so I've just booked the day off work! One big question is whether any merchandise will be available at the UK gigs, or mail order from Cooking Vinyl. It's all only available mail order via import at the moment, although we should find out the answer to that on Monday at The Garage (last few tickets still available at the time of writing). The second Garage show (Saturday 23rd) is now completely sold out. Good to see that "Doctor Worm" will be out as a single, shame there's no new or rare B-sides (although the inclusion of "Birdhouse" might add to its sellability) but at least it should give the band some exposure. It deserves to be a massive hit (don't a lot of things) but you mention that it has FOUR tracks so unfortunately that makes it ineligible for a chart placing. The brilliant video has already been shown here on MTV. Keep us posted if you hear any new info about other appearances! Kev ------------------------------ Message-ID: <369CD0BC.2761D8E5@tmbg.org> Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 11:58:36 -0500 From: "Feeny (aka)Chris Campbell" Subject: TMBG: Dr.Worm Video >The brilliant video has already been shown here on MTV. I NEED to see this video! I have tried using that stupid vivo thing on my moms computer(Mac PPC 7200/120) at school that has average of 150k/sec(She hardly uses it!!!) and it is the exact same quality with that one frame per three seconds as my 56k pentium II, Not that macs are any better/worse than pcs(I dont want to start a war here). So, Has/will anyone put Dr.Worm into a good format? Say .mov, mpg., etc... There was a .mov of the new starwars trailer (Twice the size of normal on-line movies) and it only took up like 20megs. Has Dr.Worm been played on american MTV? I've e-mailed 120min, but I dont usually stay up really late. Oh yhea, I've tried that netshow thing too, same results. Anyone with any info please e-mail me and the list, 'cause I know other people have the same problem! Hey Russ, when do you think you'll have enough stuff to fill-up another bootleg? -Christopher Feeny Campbell --http://w3.to/tmbg ---"Why must I be sad?" ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 12:45:43 -0500 Subject: Re: TMBG: Dr.Worm Video Message-ID: <19990113.124549.4630.1.Superman75@juno.com> From: superman75@juno.com (Adam Schaaf) hi. >So, Has/will anyone put Dr.Worm into a good format? Say .mov, mpg., >Has Dr.Worm been played on american MTV? I've e-mailed 120min, >but I dont usually stay up really late. Oh yhea, I've tried that netshow >thing too, same results. Anyone with any info please e-mail me and >the list, 'cause I know other people have the same problem! >Hey Russ, when do you think you'll have enough stuff to fill-up >another bootleg? forget MTV. just don't even bother. just don't. the only time i've even seen a TMBG video on TV was on comedy central (of all places) on a squirt TV special. it was istanbul, btw. try M2, but few cable providers have picked it up yet. your best bet is to save up 16 dollars of hard earned cash and order the video comp from the website or catalouge. they did say it would be out after new year's. your underking of pop trivia, adam schaaf * -------------------------------------- Random Simpsons Quote "Hey, Marge, what were you gambling losses last year?" "Seven hundred dollars!" * -------------------------------------- ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: RabbiVole@aol.com Message-ID: <11be82d0.369ce109@aol.com> Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 13:08:09 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: Dr.Worm Video << forget MTV. just don't even bother. just don't. the only time i've even seen a TMBG video on TV was on comedy central (of all places) on a squirt TV special. it was istanbul, btw. try M2, but few cable providers have picked it up yet. >> speaking of m2, twice there have i seen the video for "birdhouse:" though never any others, and it has been several months since. my heart fluttered with happiness for nigh weeks; i decree that those are the joys of having sattelite television. hooray. peace, love, and good happiness stuff, jay, goodly destroyer of evil harfs everywhere. ------------------------------ From: rhilton@bitc.org.uk Message-Id: Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 17:16:33 +0000 Subject: TMBG: Dr.Worm Video -Reply Well as it happens this very morning I airmailed a video cassette of Dr Worm to Russ for him to include in the next video bootleg. It's a cassette to be used by professional broadcasters (it has a 10,9,8,7 second on-screen countdown at the start) that I purchased from my local (central London) Oxfam for about $one.Honest! So it's over to Russ I think! Richard >>> "feeny@tmbg.org" 13/January/1999 04:43pm >>> >The brilliant video has already been shown here on MTV. I NEED to see this video! I have tried using that stupid vivo thing on my moms computer(Mac PPC 7200/120) at school that has average of 150k/sec(She hardly uses it!!!) and it is the exact same quality with that one frame per three seconds as my 56k pentium II, Not that macs are any better/worse than pcs(I dont want to start a war here). So, Has/will anyone put Dr.Worm into a good format? Say .mov, mpg., etc... There was a .mov of the new starwars trailer (Twice the size of normal on-line movies) and it only took up like 20megs. Has Dr.Worm been played on american MTV? I've e-mailed 120min, but I dont usually stay up really late. Oh yhea, I've tried that netshow thing too, same results. Anyone with any info please e-mail me and the list, 'cause I know other people have the same problem! Hey Russ, when do you think you'll have enough stuff to fill-up another bootleg? -Christopher Feeny Campbell --http://w3.to/tmbg ---"Why must I be sad?" ------------------------------ Message-ID: <000e01be3f25$750eda00$1cc608d1@seanberg> From: "S. Bergeron" Subject: Re: TMBG: Dr.Worm Video -Reply Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 13:48:17 -0500 :Well as it happens this very morning I airmailed a video cassette of Dr :Worm to Russ for him to include in the next video bootleg. It's a cassette :to be used by professional broadcasters (it has a 10,9,8,7 second :on-screen countdown at the start) that I purchased from my local :(central London) Oxfam for about $one.Honest! I'm sure it's really bootleg. Still, if it's on VHS format, it ain't professional quality, rather it is a dub from a professional broadcast-quality tape. It's probably 3rd generation (edit master to dub master to VHS), which isn't bad, but it isn't good either. Furthermore, being in Britain, it's PAL format, which won't work on most US TV sets. The countdown isn't a big deal....many good-quality VHS recorders have a countdown function, you just have to look for it. Just another note from the list's resident broadcaster..... Jack Bergeron, idiotnot@visi.net bluedawg@tmbg.org "Someday, somebody else besides me will call me by my stage name."--Doctor Worm http://www.tmbg.org/~bluedawg/ ------------------------------ From: IamSam98@aol.com Message-ID: <4d598b97.369d0ca8@aol.com> Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 16:14:16 EST Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: New subject good, old subject bad(was: An Actual POINT? (was: G... > I really was granted Secret clearance, yes. Applied Research Laboratories > rue the day that they hired me. > > I've received only one look in my life that can be accurately described as > "a look of death". It was given to me by Monica Brown > (mab16@acpub.duke.edu). I had never seen such a look before, and I hope > never to see one again. > Therefore, your alleged "look of death" leaves me nonplussed and unruffled. Oh well. I tried. > BtVs? And that would be? Oh, just Buffy the Vampire Slayer. > This is the best thing. The being violated thing, or the end of my letter? -Samantha ------------------------------ From: wagner@mindspring.com Message-ID: <002601be3f3a$89172100$a40145cf@computer> Subject: TMBG: straight from brooklyn? Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 16:20:21 -0500 does anybody know the US release date for Their new home video? david. wagner. wagner@mindspring.com [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] ------------------------------ From: LinnellLvr@aol.com Message-ID: <453f44d6.369d25ef@aol.com> Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 18:02:07 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: Interpretations I agree that each song is open to many different interps. I came up with an interp for "I've Got A Match" that's really creepy, but cool, but I think it's right. Some people I've told it to don't agree with me, but hey, "to each his own" is my personal motto. ^_^ Leslie ------------------------------ Message-Id: <2.2.32.19990113232232.00756868@mail.utexas.edu> Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 18:22:32 -0500 From: Mitchell Harding Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: New subject good, old subject bad(was: An Actual At 04:14 PM 1/13/99 EST, Samantha wrote: >> This is the best thing. > >The being violated thing, or the end of my letter? The "being violated thing", although I don't mean any disrespect to the end of your letter. Harf, Mitch http://ccwf.cc.utexas.edu/~mitcharf/index.html "Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat." - Unknown ------------------------------ Message-Id: <2.2.32.19990113232945.023cba58@mail.utexas.edu> Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 18:29:45 -0500 From: Mitchell Harding Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Personal Mottos (was: Interpretations) At 06:02 PM 1/13/99 EST, Leslie wrote: >right. Some people I've told it to don't agree with me, but hey, "to each his >own" is my personal motto. ^_^ That's a silly motto. Here's mine: Dancing Paperclip, you are evil. Harf, Mitch http://ccwf.cc.utexas.edu/~mitcharf/index.html "Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat." - Unknown ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 21:29:47 -0500 Subject: TMBG: TOUR info Message-ID: <19990113.213158.-224427.0.gray42@juno.com> From: gray42@juno.com (Claire V Gray) Does anyone know of any plans for TMBG to show up in Florida some time in the future. I will appreciate any available information. A while back, a Tampa visit was rumoured, is it true that this will happen in the near future? Mysterio Gal (The notorious "Hooded Rat") "Trink Tcsegan Blu'd in der glas!" -- Hooded Rat (who would like to know how to spell "Drink Goat's Blood In A Can" in German) MST3K#88182 ICQ#9585405 gray42@juno.com, send attachments to mr_realgal@yahoo.com http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 The Official Project Omicrom website: www.geocities.com/SoHo/Square/9007 ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 22:10:19 -0500 Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Personal Mottos (was: Interpretations) Message-ID: <19990113.221043.-224427.2.gray42@juno.com> From: gray42@juno.com (Claire V Gray) My Personal Motto? "Drink Your peas and eat Your beans. Don't forget to think through things. Just remember that soup has feelings!" Mysterio Gal (who will soon embark on her totally pointless epic autobiography after she finishes reading her new Fear and Loathing book. WHOOPIE!) "Trink Tcsegan Blu'd in der glas!" -- Hooded Rat (who would like to know how to spell "Drink Goat's Blood In A Can" in German) MST3K#88182 ICQ#9585405 gray42@juno.com, send attachments to mr_realgal@yahoo.com http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 The Official Project Omicrom website: www.geocities.com/SoHo/Square/9007 ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 22:09:14 -0600 (CST) From: Phineas Lemonjello Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Personal Mottos (was: Interpretations) Message-ID: > >right. Some people I've told it to don't agree with me, but hey, "to each his > >own" is my personal motto. ^_^ > That's a silly motto. Especially if you include the "^_^" part. ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19990113235630.007a72e0@pop.mindspring.com> Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 23:56:30 -0500 From: Ben Bradshaw Subject: TMBG: Greatest Hits Hey, for my birthday, I'm making a Ben's Greatest Hits mix tape. Yeah, I know. I know I've got the whole present thing backwards, but I just have an urge to spread the good music. Anyway, this tape is to be made of the best, most representative song of each group in my collection that I think are deserving of taking up precious seconds on a 90-minute tape. Choosing one TMBG song out of 8 full length albums is nigh impossible. My first choice thus far is Where Your Eyes Don't Go, since it sort of has both aspects of Their acoustic and sampled songs, the lyrics are just cryptic enough to make you think, and naturally, it's catchy. If anyone can help me out with another song to consider, I'd appreciate it. Thanks, Ben "I was out by myself in the graveyard, I was doing an interpretive Dance" Take A Gander, part 2 http://www.geocities.com/southbeach/lights/5364 P.S. I'm also looking for the same type of songs for Black Crowes, Led Zepellin, Ben Folds Five, Moxy Fruvous, Refreshments, Eels, Phish, Widespread Panic, Cracker, Less Than Jake, Skankin Pickle, Mr. T Experience, Voodoo Glow Skulls, Smashing Pumpkins, Agents of Good Roots, and Beethoven if you happen to have any opinions on any of these bands. ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #14-14 ******************************