Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #14-18 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 14, Number 18 Monday, 18 January 1999 Today's Topics: TMBG: A new discovery! Re: TMBG: A new discovery! Re: TMBG: A new discovery! Re: TMBG: A new discovery! TMBG: doctor worm bridge TMBG: Somone Keeps Moving My Chair Chords??? Re: TMBG: TMBG fans of Oregon Re: TMBG: love.... Re: TMBG: TMBG fans of Oregon Re: Non-TMBG: Love, Lust and Sex (was: Personal Mottos) TMBG: HHGTTG TMBG: stop trying to read between the lines. Re: TMBG: TMBG fans of Oregon Re: TMBG: MTV totally hates TMBG Re: TMBG: stop trying to read between the lines. Re: Non-TMBG: Personal Mottos Re: NON-TMBG: HHGTTG and Batman Re: non-TMBG: love.... Re: non-TMBG: stop trying to read between the lines. Re: TMBG: MTV totally hates TMBG Re: non-TMBG: love.... TMBG: another dream?!?! Re: non-TMBG: love.... Re: TMBG: Robert Quine TMBG: love and dreams. Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: GhostKrabb@webtv.net (Dexter Flansburgh) Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 00:07:19 -0800 (PST) Subject: TMBG: A new discovery! Message-ID: <25324-36A19A37-2703@mailtod-241.iap.bryant.webtv.net> I'm not sure, but I think I've discovered something new, 'cause I haven't heard anything about, I just happened to come across it. But anyway, there's this bonus track on Mono Puff's It's Fun To Steal, that plays the same way that Token Back From Brooklyn does on Factory showroom does (-time). It's just computer voices talking & singing about being on house arrest, and something at the beginning abot making some call. It's pretty cool. Once again, I didn't know of this before, so please forgive me if this is old news. --- Dexburger --- "I, have never done...acid" - Jim Infantino ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990117093321.15341.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Josh Buckland" Subject: Re: TMBG: A new discovery! Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 01:33:20 PST Yep, it's already been done. Josh Buckland dilbert_2000@hotmail.com ICQ#: 17262308 contact me! http://www.angelfire.com/va/ozzyfest/index.html "I'd give my life to be dead." -Francesco Dellamorte, "Cemetery Man" ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 04:35:12 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: A new discovery! In a message dated 1/17/99 4:34:43 AM, dilbert_2000@hotmail.com writes: >Yep, it's already been done. > a woo hoo HOO! ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 09:40:14 -0700 Subject: Re: TMBG: A new discovery! Message-ID: <19990117.094134.3934.4.TMBgirl@juno.com> > Once again, I didn't know of this before, so >please forgive me if this is old news. does the date may 19th, 1998 have any significance to it? take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html :::Upcoming shows: Cake, The New Radicals, Reel Big Fish, Long Beach Dub Allstars, and either Sno-Core'99 (Soul Coughing, Everclear, Redman, & DJ Spooky) -or- frucon2::: :) ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: wagner@mindspring.com Message-ID: <002801be423f$937bf5a0$794856d1@computer> Subject: TMBG: doctor worm bridge Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 12:34:01 -0500 hi guys does anyone know the guitar chords to the bridge of "doctor worm" -- the part that goes "someday somebody else besides me will call me by my stage name"? i think that it might be Gm (and i'm sure that the last chords are B-Bm), but i could use some help with it. if anyone would post those chords i'd be much appreciative. thanks. david. wagner. wagner@mindspring.com [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] ------------------------------ From: OHLERT@accuwx.com Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 19:02:15 +0000 (GMT) Subject: TMBG: Somone Keeps Moving My Chair Chords??? Message-id: <01J6NP2OXR2QDBGVY8@accuwx.com> Organization: AccuWeather, Inc Does anyone know the chords to Someone keeps moving my chair??? -peter ohlert@accuwx.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990117190714.6755.rocketmail@attach1.rocketmail.com> Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 11:07:14 -0800 (PST) From: Danielle Gaither Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG fans of Oregon ---Dexter Flansburgh wrote: > > Are there any Oregon fans of TMBG out there who have John Linnel's > "State Songs?' If so, are you at all offended by the Oregon song, which I don't have that disc...*sigh*. I would certainly love to have it. > opens with the line "Oregon is bad, stop it if you can." I'd just like > to know.--- I'm not from Oregon, but somehow I doubt Mr. Linnell really meant to insult the state of Oregon (BTW, I did check out the lyrics at tmbg.org, so I'm not *completely* uninformed). Look at "Maine": he calls it "the hell from above", but from the gist of the song, it's probably because something bad happened to him ("him" being the narrator of the song, not necessarily John himself) there. It's kind of like the opposite of "New York City." And most of the State Songs are just pretty dark anyway. It's probably more a portrait of the author's thoughts at the time than anything about the states involved. > Dexburger Observing that a good many of Linnell's songs in general are pretty dark, Inspector Over the Mine === URL: http://come.to/cherubino See, Starvin' Marvin, these are what we call *appetizers*. This is what you eat before you eat to make you more hungry. --Eric Cartman _________________________________________________________ DO YOU YAHOO!? Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199901171952.OAA13146@fellspt.charm.net> From: "Matt James" Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 14:50:24 -0500 Subject: Re: TMBG: love.... So you're saying that *anyone* who has "favorable" physical characteristics is going to be a bad person or shallow? I think that a good relationship can take all of these things into account. Sure, Sean was shallow and he wasn't for you, but you could just as easily have found someone who looked good and has a great personality. -Matt > To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org > Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 21:16:09 -0500 > Subject: TMBG: love.... > From: sailormorningstar@juno.com (Karen M Majetic) > Reply-to: sailormorningstar@juno.com (Karen M Majetic) > I just have to say that my belief is that love should not be based on > physical attraction, and that if it is, then you are a truly shallow > person indeed. I have fallen in love once in my life, and then there was > the time when I THOUGHT that I had. The pure truth is that the > guy....we'll call him Sean....who I was very greatly attracted to...had > the personality of a popsicle stick....and I truly cannot see myself > falling for anyone like that today. Sure Sean could be a great > guy....sometimes.....but to say the least.....his bad times outweighed > the good. > Then last year, I found what was truly love...I did not fall for the guy > instantly (ok ok..so he wasn't exactly what most people would call a > stud) but after getting to know him....I began to like him A LOT....until > finally........I fell in love with him....not based on sexual attraction, > or how he looked, but because of HIM...the real person that lied beneath > his scrawny funny looking outside exterior. > I very much prefer to ignore the technical mumbo jumbo that some > scientists or people have come to believe. BECAUSE I SIMPLY DO NOT > BELIEVE IT. True love is something that is felt deep within your heart, > in that special place inside yourself, not a chemical in your brain. > > Oh...and please do not bother disagreeing with me. I really don't see a > need for it...because this is my PERSONAL belief. Imf not saying that > anyone should share it, or that anyone shouldnt....and I am not trying to > preach. Just trying to get my opinion across. :) > > -Karen :P Matt James mattj@charm.net ------------------------------ From: GhostKrabb@webtv.net (Dexter Flansburgh) Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 12:03:22 -0800 (PST) Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG fans of Oregon Message-ID: <21316-36A2420A-2049@mailtod-241.iap.bryant.webtv.net> --WebTV-Mail-2130600939-928 Content-Type: Text/Plain; Charset=US-ASCII Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7Bit The Maine one could very well be a true life experience. I was thiking that the one on South Carolina (if you've read the lyrics) could be true as well. In the song, he talks about how he crashed on his bike, and he crushed his hand. And in the liner notes for Then:The Earlier Years, in the biography, it talks about some of the crap they were going through when they started out, and it says that Flansburgh's apt. was robbed, and Linnel fell of his bike & broke his wrist. Well, your wrist is part of your hand(isn't it?) But I don't think that happened in South Carolina. It's probably a weird analogy.- Dexburger --WebTV-Mail-2130600939-928 Content-Description: signature Content-Disposition: Inline Content-Type: Text/HTML; Charset=US-ASCII Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7Bit Received: from ussenterprise.ufp.org (ussenterprise.ufp.org [209.249.97.242]) by mailsorter-101-2.iap.bryant.webtv.net (8.8.8/ms.graham.14Aug97) with ESMTP id LAA01814; Sun, 17 Jan 1999 11:13:45 -0800 (PST) Received: from localhost (majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.2/8.9.2) with SMTP id OAA12564; Sun, 17 Jan 1999 14:13:45 -0500 (EST) Received: by ussenterprise.ufp.org (bulk_mailer v1.6); Sun, 17 Jan 1999 14:13:43 -0500 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.2/8.9.2) id OAA12547 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Sun, 17 Jan 1999 14:13:43 -0500 (EST) Received: from attach1.rocketmail.com (attach1.rocketmail.com [205.180.57.81]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.2/8.9.2) with SMTP id OAA12536 for ; Sun, 17 Jan 1999 14:13:39 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <19990117190714.6755.rocketmail@attach1.rocketmail.com> Received: from [198.36.209.232] by attach1; Sun, 17 Jan 1999 11:07:14 PST Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 11:07:14 -0800 (PST) From: Danielle Gaither Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG fans of Oregon To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Reply-To: Danielle Gaither ---Dexter Flansburgh wrote: > > Are there any Oregon fans of TMBG out there who have John Linnel's > "State Songs?' If so, are you at all offended by the Oregon song, which I don't have that disc...*sigh*. I would certainly love to have it. > opens with the line "Oregon is bad, stop it if you can." I'd just like > to know.--- I'm not from Oregon, but somehow I doubt Mr. Linnell really meant to insult the state of Oregon (BTW, I did check out the lyrics at tmbg.org, so I'm not *completely* uninformed). Look at "Maine": he calls it "the hell from above", but from the gist of the song, it's probably because something bad happened to him ("him" being the narrator of the song, not necessarily John himself) there. It's kind of like the opposite of "New York City." And most of the State Songs are just pretty dark anyway. It's probably more a portrait of the author's thoughts at the time than anything about the states involved. > Dexburger Observing that a good many of Linnell's songs in general are pretty dark, Inspector Over the Mine === URL: http://come.to/cherubino See, Starvin' Marvin, these are what we call *appetizers*. This is what you eat before you eat to make you more hungry. --Eric Cartman _________________________________________________________ DO YOU YAHOO!? Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com --WebTV-Mail-2130600939-928-- ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199901172010.PAA15405@fellspt.charm.net> From: "Matt James" Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 15:08:39 -0500 Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Love, Lust and Sex (was: Personal Mottos) > << As well, I disagree that sexual activity is entirely lust, at the core. > > There can be sex without love, as well as love without sex, but the two can > be merged as well. > >> > > i should clarify. i do not advocate romantic love without sex: it is my > belief, however, that sex does not have the ability to embellish romantic love > and is, in itself, only lust. I agree, Jay. If you are truly in love with someone sex will not enhance that love because you have already reached the peak of love. Sex compliments love and can be enjoyed. If you truly love that person, you care for them completely and would not have sex with anyone else. You would not use sex to get something from that person. Lust is an eagerness to enjoy something and I agree it can be done without regret and is an enjoyable act in this type of relationship. Sex was originally created to create children, but if you have no lust it would be nearly impossible to have offspring or even enjoy it if not trying to have a baby. -Matt Matt James mattj@charm.net ------------------------------ From: filthyscarecrow@webtv.net Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 16:27:37 -0500 (EST) Subject: TMBG: HHGTTG Message-ID: <22249-36A255C9-67@mailtod-151.iap.bryant.webtv.net> I have the "ultimate HH..." book and it doesn't contain the fifth book. The short story confused me... The book containing the Dirk series is call Two Complete Novels (which I have, but I've yet to read (I'm busy reading 1984)). "Why do people need to go to church to worship god? It's like God doesn't exist in their kitchens or something..." -Matt Hogan ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 17:26:58 -0500 Subject: TMBG: stop trying to read between the lines. Message-ID: <19990117.175111.3302.0.SailorMorningStar@juno.com> From: sailormorningstar@juno.com (Karen M Majetic) <> no...um...I was just saying that a relationship should not be BASED on physical appearance but on personality. ::sigh:: Misunderstood once again.....how annoying. I hate it when people go assuming and telling me what I am saying. -Karen :P ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 17:29:04 -0500 Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG fans of Oregon Message-ID: <19990117.175111.3302.1.SailorMorningStar@juno.com> From: sailormorningstar@juno.com (Karen M Majetic) I have been thinking the same thing about the South Carolina song.....it seemed to be true.... The only thing I am wondering is why he related it to S.Carolina? It's weird. -Karen :P On Sun, 17 Jan 1999 12:03:22 -0800 (PST) GhostKrabb@webtv.net (Dexter Flansburgh) writes: > >--WebTV-Mail-2130600939-928 >Content-Type: Text/Plain; Charset=US-ASCII >Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7Bit > >The Maine one could very well be a true life experience. I was thiking >that the one on South Carolina (if you've read the lyrics) could be >true >as well. In the song, he talks about how he crashed on his bike, and >he >crushed his hand. And in the liner notes for Then:The Earlier Years, >in >the biography, it talks about some of the crap they were going through >when they started out, and it says that Flansburgh's apt. was robbed, >and Linnel fell of his bike & broke his wrist. Well, your wrist is >part >of your hand(isn't it?) But I don't think that happened in South >Carolina. It's probably a weird analogy.- >Dexburger > > >--WebTV-Mail-2130600939-928 >Content-Description: signature >Content-Disposition: Inline >Content-Type: Text/HTML; Charset=US-ASCII >Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7Bit > >src="http://members.aol.com/Tarquin13/blueback.gif"> > >--WebTV-Mail-2130600939-928 >Content-Disposition: Inline >Content-Type: Message/RFC822 >Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7Bit > >Received: from mailsorter-101-2.iap.bryant.webtv.net (209.240.198.98) >by > postoffice-241.iap.bryant.webtv.net; Sun, 17 Jan 1999 11:13:45 > -0800 (PST) >Return-Path: >Received: from ussenterprise.ufp.org (ussenterprise.ufp.org > [209.249.97.242]) by mailsorter-101-2.iap.bryant.webtv.net >(8.8.8/ms.graham.14Aug97) > with ESMTP id LAA01814; Sun, 17 Jan 1999 11:13:45 -0800 (PST) >Received: from localhost (majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org >(8.9.2/8.9.2) > with SMTP id OAA12564; Sun, 17 Jan 1999 14:13:45 -0500 (EST) >Received: by ussenterprise.ufp.org (bulk_mailer v1.6); Sun, 17 Jan >1999 > 14:13:43 -0500 >Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org >(8.9.2/8.9.2) > id OAA12547 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Sun, 17 Jan 1999 14:13:43 >-0500 > (EST) >Received: from attach1.rocketmail.com (attach1.rocketmail.com > [205.180.57.81]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.2/8.9.2) with >SMTP > id OAA12536 for ; Sun, 17 Jan 1999 >14:13:39 > -0500 (EST) >Message-ID: <19990117190714.6755.rocketmail@attach1.rocketmail.com> >Received: from [198.36.209.232] by attach1; Sun, 17 Jan 1999 11:07:14 >PST >Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 11:07:14 -0800 (PST) >From: Danielle Gaither >Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG fans of Oregon >To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org >MIME-Version: 1.0 >Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii >Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org >Reply-To: Danielle Gaither > >---Dexter Flansburgh wrote: >> >> Are there any Oregon fans of TMBG out there who have John Linnel's >> "State Songs?' If so, are you at all offended by the Oregon song, >which >I don't have that disc...*sigh*. I would certainly love to have it. > >> opens with the line "Oregon is bad, stop it if you can." I'd just >like >> to know.--- >I'm not from Oregon, but somehow I doubt Mr. Linnell really meant to >insult >the state of Oregon (BTW, I did check out the lyrics at tmbg.org, so >I'm not >*completely* uninformed). Look at "Maine": he calls it "the hell >from >above", but from the gist of the song, it's probably because something >bad >happened to him ("him" being the narrator of the song, not necessarily >John >himself) there. It's kind of like the opposite of "New York City." > >And most of the State Songs are just pretty dark anyway. It's >probably more a >portrait of the author's thoughts at the time than anything about the >states >involved. > >> Dexburger >Observing that a good many of Linnell's songs in general are pretty >dark, >Inspector Over the Mine > >=== >URL: http://come.to/cherubino > >See, Starvin' Marvin, these are what we call *appetizers*. >This is what you eat before you eat to make you more hungry. >--Eric Cartman > >_________________________________________________________ >DO YOU YAHOO!? >Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com > > >--WebTV-Mail-2130600939-928-- > ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990117231427.26576.rocketmail@attach1.rocketmail.com> Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 15:14:27 -0800 (PST) From: Danielle Gaither Subject: Re: TMBG: MTV totally hates TMBG ---Adam Tyner wrote: > When I said that Weird Al is a better accordion player than Linnell a while > back, a lot of anti-Al sentiments were posted to the list. :-) Probably by people who were offended by the mere thought that Mr. Linnell is not perfect. ;) > Al's not for everyone, and I guess I'll leave it there. Personally I think > he's great, although this 3-years-between-albums-crap is getting a little old. No kidding. There are so many songs out there just *dying* to be parodied by His Royal Weirdness. > -Adam, who still stands by that statement about Al's squeezin' skills Is Al better on the accordion than John? I would say, probably, but so what? I imagine that even John himself would concede that Al's better; it's not like John's ever claimed to be an accordion virtuoso. While it's a novel thing that John *can* play the accordion at least passably, I personally don't listen to TMBG for his technical skills on that instrument. I listen to TMBG because those boys can *write*. Doesn't play the accordion at all herself, Inspector Over the Mine === URL: http://come.to/cherubino See, Starvin' Marvin, these are what we call *appetizers*. This is what you eat before you eat to make you more hungry. --Eric Cartman _________________________________________________________ DO YOU YAHOO!? Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 18:43:27 -0500 Subject: Re: TMBG: stop trying to read between the lines. Message-ID: <19990117.184528.3302.5.SailorMorningStar@juno.com> From: sailormorningstar@juno.com (Karen M Majetic) >> I hate it when people go assuming and telling >>me what I am saying. > >don't get angry!! it's not their fault... just try to clarify things >beforehand... then no one has to assume the wrong things! :) nonono...Im not mad...just frustrated... -Karen :P ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 18:01:49 -0500 Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Personal Mottos Message-ID: <19990117.183653.-191661.0.gray42@juno.com> From: gray42@juno.com (Claire V Gray) On Fri, 15 Jan 1999 19:22:30 -0500 (EST) Kevin Keeler writes: > > >On Fri, 15 Jan 1999, Claire V Gray wrote: > >> >> Sex comes from the insinct to keep the species on the planet. Earth >has >> reached a point of near overpopulation (or maybe we're alredy there. > All >> these birth control devices have ruined the point of sex, and now >people >> do it for enjoyment, pain, revenge, and many other reasons. Sex is >not > >Uh-oh. now youre talking like "sex is for procreation and if you >start >enjoying it then youre bad." Hee hee hee, ummm, I'm not really a good vs. evil type, to me nothing is perfects. It's all actions and reactions, but that is entirely off the point. If I sound irritable, it's because I've got a good 300 messages to read due to laziness, which also explains why I answered this so late. > >like...the enjoyment (physical gratification), even from a >"functional" >standpoint has gotta (well..not *gotta*.....but in the way i figger) >serve >the same person as the "survival of the species" instinct. > >basically, what im saying is that no matter how strong the "instinct" >may >be (and im heitant to call it an instinct), if it didn't send a warm >tingly down both parties spines, i dont think it would be as common. I thought love served that purpose of warm tingly feelings. >"I'm sposed to do *what*? In there? weird, man..i dunno bout that" Whoa, how'd you know that was my motto :P >in other words, dont knock the pleasure as missing the point, when >the >pleasure is mre likely vital to the point, dig? True, I aggree with you on that point :) > --kevin Mysterio Gal (The notorious "Hooded Rat") "Trink Ziegeblut in eine Kanne!" --Das Hooded Rat MST3K#88182 ICQ#9585405 gray42@juno.com, send attachments to mr_realgal@yahoo.com http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 The Official Project Omicrom website: www.geocities.com/SoHo/Square/9007 >i usually stay out, but this person struckthe anti-prude chord deep >within >me > > ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 18:15:07 -0500 Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: HHGTTG and Batman Message-ID: <19990117.183654.-191661.1.gray42@juno.com> From: gray42@juno.com (Claire V Gray) >Also if you haven't read it yet, get the Dirk Gently series. "Dirk >Gently's Holistic Detective Agency" and "The Long Dark Tea-Time of >the >Soul" (My favorite book title). I also know they are together in one >book, but I don't remember the name. I have it, and it's called "Two complete Novels" by Douglas Adams :P I other unrelated business, I wanted to shout out that I'm finally making myself a Harley Quinn outfit, wish me luck. And Mad Love rocked. Mysterio Gal (queen of unrelated posts) "Trink Ziegeblut in eine Kanne!" --Das Hooded Rat MST3K#88182 ICQ#9585405 gray42@juno.com, send attachments to mr_realgal@yahoo.com http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 The Official Project Omicrom website: www.geocities.com/SoHo/Square/9007 > >== >|\_________\ | Co-Owner of ThetaSoft| | >\|___ ___| | http://members.xoom.com/ThetaSoft | > || | |-----------------------------------| > || | "If you can't see dreams, your eyes are blind" > || | -Moxy Fruvous- "Fly" > \|___|ALCOTT STARR >_________________________________________________________ >DO YOU YAHOO!? >Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com > > ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: linnel@snet.net Message-Id: <199901180234.VAA10173@pop.snet.net> Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 21:30:55 -0500 Subject: Re: non-TMBG: love.... > I just have to say that my belief is that love should not be based on > physical attraction, and that if it is, then you are a truly shallow > person indeed. I have fallen in love once in my life, and then there was > the time when I THOUGHT that I had. The pure truth is that the > guy....we'll call him Sean....who I was very greatly attracted to...had > the personality of a popsicle stick....and I truly cannot see myself > falling for anyone like that today. Sure Sean could be a great > guy....sometimes.....but to say the least.....his bad times outweighed > the good. hmm... this is enough to make me feel bad for thinking that maybe i love someone who is what i consider to be beautiful on the outside... i think that although you didn't mean it on purpose, you sent the message that beautiful people are dumb and shallow. but then you also have to remember that everyones opinion of what is beautiful is different. (and i'm talking in the shallow context, here... inner beauty is an entirely different story) for instance, i happen to truely believe that on the outside (as well as within...) our dear john linnell is beautiful. my dear friend, though, believes that he is a scary looking skinny guy. to each their own. for another instance, the person who i right now feel what i think is love for, is also what i consider beautiful on the outside. some people may see him as a tall, slightly skinny pale kid with dark hair, but i think he's beautiful. it all depends on if you like apples. and once you get to know someone, it all changes. you may think someone is great and then you see their inner-personality and wonder why they suddenly become so unnatractive... and you begin to wonder if that maybe it's his nose hair that you never noticed before... or maybe you see someone who is hideous- looking to you, but once you get to know them, their personality makes a whole new light shine. or maybe some people are just wierdos and you have to wonder... *cough*mitchharf*cough*. yes. bear in mind that it's all in the cornflakes. jen ------------------------------ From: linnel@snet.net Message-Id: <199901180239.VAA18180@pop.snet.net> Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 21:35:30 -0500 Subject: Re: non-TMBG: stop trying to read between the lines. > physical appearance but on personality. ::sigh:: Misunderstood once > again.....how annoying. I hate it when people go assuming and telling me > what I am saying. if this is happening often, perhaps you should take the hint that the communist cornflakes are shoving in your direction and make yourself more clear. it is unhealthy to blame your problems on others, you know. Dr. Cornflake says so in his book, entitled- "A Cornflake with Orange Juice- the Fatal Combonation". it's all about this kind of stuff. jen ------------------------------ From: linnel@snet.net Message-Id: <199901180241.VAA21863@pop.snet.net> Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 21:37:55 -0500 Subject: Re: TMBG: MTV totally hates TMBG > Probably by people who were offended by the mere thought that Mr. Linnell is > not perfect. ;) what? WHAT? he's NOT? oh dear... this is almost as bad as when i learned that the trombone fairy didn't exist... oh the HORRORS! ha. next thing you know, you'll be telling me that santa's dead. sheesh. jen ------------------------------ From: IamSam98@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 21:40:16 EST Subject: Re: Re: non-TMBG: love.... >for instance, i happen to truely believe that on the outside (as well >as within...) our dear john linnell is beautiful. my dear friend, >though, believes that he is a scary looking skinny guy. to each >their own. Linnell himself thinks he's a scary looking guy. I, on the other hand... well. -Samantha ------------------------------ From: IamSam98@aol.com Message-ID: <8ac82026.36a29ff2@aol.com> Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 21:44:02 EST Subject: TMBG: another dream?!?! Actually, yes. I was in a club full of about 30 people, half of which were somewhere else in the room where I couldn't see. Some crappy band was on the stage in the front and I didn't really care so I sat in the back of the room. Soon, a guy come up on stage and said, "Well, we have a treat, we have John Flansburgh up here with us tonight." He came with his guitar, a tape player, and a guy with bongos who sat offstage, by where I was standing in the back. He just kept asking for requests and everyone else was yelling, "Boo, you suck! Who are you?" and I kept yelling, "This is Flansie, the MAN! What the hell are you talking about?" But I think he thought I was insane becuase I kept looking over to him and the look he was giving me was the same one that I had in the other dream (a few weeks ago). I ran up to the front of the club and I was about 2 feet away from him (the stage wasn't raised or anything) and ran back and forth in front of the stage. I asked him to play, "Weep Day", and since there was only the bongo guy and him, he pressed play on the recorder and it played the vocal track that Linnel sang and some accordion crap. Flansie was trying hard to make it seem like he was singing, but I knew the difference. I left the club after the show was over to find him, but he was gone. So I walked in a huge circle around the block, only coming back to find that the Brian Setzer Orchestra was playing. They had about 300 horn players so they didn't really fit in the club, but I started yelling "Bring Flansie back! I want him back!" and everyone was booing me because they all liked BSO and I just kept yelling stuff about how BSO sucks and I love TMBG ... but I never found Flansie again. It was sad. I'm really glad I remembered that dream. I had forgotten about it for a few hours and it just all of a sudden came back to me when I heard "Weep Day". And I analyzed it too ... whee! I think that it means that I think that no one likes TMBG that I know except for me and that no one really appreciates Flansie as much as they do Linnell because he was the one that they were booing. It's also about the fact that I think BSO and that swing stuff is alright, but nothing as good as TMBG. A lot of people do love BSO, even tho it's a LOT like TMBG in some ways. Ah, if you have any other interps -- email me. -Samantha It's weep day for me today. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990118025740.20784.rocketmail@web1.rocketmail.com> Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 18:57:40 -0800 (PST) From: Danielle Gaither Subject: Re: Re: non-TMBG: love.... ---IamSam98@aol.com wrote: > Linnell himself thinks he's a scary looking guy. I, on the other hand... well. Speaking of Linnell and scary looking guys, my sister thinks he looks like Steve Buscemi. I don't really see it myself, but do any of you? Maybe I'm just missing something. And of course, I happen to find Mr. Linnell incredibly sexy. As if you didn't already know that. :) Give me John over any of the moment's teen idols, Danielle === URL: http://come.to/cherubino See, Starvin' Marvin, these are what we call *appetizers*. This is what you eat before you eat to make you more hungry. --Eric Cartman _________________________________________________________ DO YOU YAHOO!? Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com ------------------------------ From: CajunGram@aol.com Message-ID: <6aa8f524.36a2d546@aol.com> Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 01:31:34 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: Robert Quine In a message dated 99-01-16 06:04:09 EST, you write: << Robert Quine, however, is a great guitar player, who has played with the likes of Matthew Sweet, the >> I LOVE Robert Quine's work with Matthew Sweet. I recommend to everybody to go and pick up some of his stuff (Girlfriend and Altered Beast are the best). Matthew Sweet isn't too shabby on the guit-box either, but Quine's stuff is some of my favorite of all time. Just thought I'd share... Graham "the moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy" ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 01:58:20 -0500 Subject: TMBG: love and dreams. Message-ID: <19990118.015831.3406.1.SailorMorningStar@juno.com> From: sailormorningstar@juno.com (Karen M Majetic) ::sigh:: <> Sorry if I confused anyone......I didnt really mean to send that message...not at all! What I REALLY meant was that if you like someone BASED TOTALLY and completely on how they look then you are being shallow...because there is definitely more to a person than just their looks...right? Hehe...but I guess there is an exception for everything....like....hehe...John Linnell...I cant exactly figure out his personality because I dont really know him :( but, I still love him. <> Im with you on this one....john is a hunk-meister. :) <> EXACTLY! Ok...hehe...onto another topic....weirdness! I had a TMBG dream last night too! Add guess what...since I am bored....you guys can hear...its a little confusing though.... I was sitting on my bed, drawing my comic....when the phone rang. And since I was no where near a phone, my mother picked it up. "Karen!" I heard from downstairs "Phone! It's some weird guy!" So...I went downstairs and picked up the phone...and it was John Linnell!!!!!!!!! "Hi Karen" he said "Im inviting a couple people over to my house for tea, and wanted to know if you could come?" I was happy, and even though I dont really understand it now...calm...it seemed perfectly normal that John would invite me over for tea? weird. Anyways, I, of course, said yes, and was about to hang up when he said "Oh yeah, dont forget to bring your own tea." err...ok....Then I hung up.... Then all of a sudden..........I was outside and its was all foggy. (????) I was trying to get to Linnell's house except I couldnt see anything because of that stinkin' fog...errrr....so I kept on walking and was hopelessly lost. Then all of a sudden, I bumped into someone....and it was flans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now this is weird...he was wearing clown shoes? (????) So, I asked him why, and he got all insulted....and I ran away. Finally, after running for a while, I made it to Linnell's house. But...I guess that I got there too late and ended up not getting any any tea.....plus John looked really mad that I was so late... Dont ask me what the heck this dream means...because I have NO IDEA!? Although the tea part might have to do with the fact that we ran out of tea yesterday, and wanted some....???? I dont know...it was just...a crazy dream. -Karen (going to bed momentarily, and is very tired, and can barely type) :P ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #14-18 ******************************