Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #14-19 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 14, Number 19 Tuesday, 19 January 1999 Today's Topics: Re: non-TMBG: love and dreams. Re: TMBG: Robert Quine Re: TMBG: TMBG fans of Oregon TMBG: Woooo Hoooo !!!!! TMBG: Video Compilation TMBG: John Linnell on the radio last night Re: NON-TMBG: HHGTTG and Batman Re: Non-TMBG: Love, Lust and Sex (was: Personal Mottos) TMBG: Appearances TMBG: NON-TMBG- Love vs. lust... Re: NON-TMBG: Moxy Fruvous Re: TMBG: Appearances TMBG: Vote for TMBG! Re: non-TMBG: love.... TMBG: RE: Mono Puff Hidden Track Re: non-TMBG: love.... TMBG: Re: Mono Puff Bonus Track NON-TMBG: more love/sex stuff... NON-TMBG: Soul Coughing Re: NON-TMBG: Soul Coughing Re: TMBG: Vote for TMBG! Re: TMBG: Vote for TMBG! Re: NON-TMBG: Soul Coughing NON-TMBG: other vw commercial Re: Non-TMBG: Personal Mottos Re: Non-TMBG: Personal Mottos Re: Non-TMBG: Personal Mottos Re: Non-TMBG: Personal Mottos Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: linnel@snet.net Message-Id: <199901180723.CAA11846@pop.snet.net> Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 02:19:31 -0500 Subject: Re: non-TMBG: love and dreams. > I dont know...it was just...a > crazy dream. absolutely nothing to do with tmbg, here... but since we're talking about dreams and i'm not tired... i had this dream involving this person i know named jon. i'm kind of pathetically in want of this superb human being... i think he's really great and neat-o.. so anyway... i was riding in his car with him... lalalala... when all of a sudden he goes nuts and starts screaming at the top of his lungs how much he hates me and how i should die and i started screaming because he kept trying to drive head on into things, but it just wasn't working.. so finally he slams into this restaraunt and we get out of the car. this waiter comes over, but it's not a person, it's a penguin. he brings us over to a table and jon tied me to my chair and ordered spaghetti. i didn't want spaghetti, so i tried to tell him that and he just kicked me and told me to shut up. for the whole rest of the dream he did that every time i talked... so anyway, the waiter said, "look, we don't have spaghetti" and jon got all mad and dragged me and my chair upstairs into a tree where the kitchen was and complained to the cook who at first was this annoying kid i know alex wang, but then it kind of metamorphasized into something kind of resembling Linnell... but anyway... it was such an odd dream... especially since jon could never be that awful and mean it... he teases a lot but he has no spine. has anyone taken any classes on dream pyschology (sp?)? i'm really interested to know what it means, you know? it was funny afterwards, and i made him crack up when i told him about it, but we couldn't find anything about spaghetti or penguins in the dream dictionary that he had... oh well. jolly well got off a subject that i don't remember in the first place. it was the cornflake goddess's fault, honest... jen Some say the glass is half full... others say the glass is half empty. i couldn't care less... i just want to know who drank my water... ------------------------------ From: Jeremy Skrenes Subject: Re: TMBG: Robert Quine Message-ID: Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 02:10:51 -0500 (EST) On Mon, 18 Jan 1999 01:31:34 EST CajunGram@aol.com wrote: > In a message dated 99-01-16 06:04:09 EST, you write: > > << Robert Quine, however, is a > great guitar player, who has played with the likes of Matthew Sweet, i think quine is no longer working with sweet. for one thing, matt's last album, blue sky on mars, featured himself on most of the solos. for another, many of the solos on 100% fun were played by quine, and then written over by another player. quine was still credited in the album for the solos, though they were not his. thus they parted ways. just a little MS info. j * ------------------------------------ Jeremy Skrenes Email: Jeremy.Skrenes@valpo.edu Valparaiso University ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 23:32:14 -0800 Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG fans of Oregon Message-ID: <19990118.001656.-479717.0.jnielsen69@juno.com> From: jnielsen69@juno.com (Josh Nielsen) Not really. It's just a song. Josh Nielsen jnielsen69@juno.com http://www.angelfire.com/or/jnielsen/ http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Studio/4091 ICQ #1337243 ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199901181014.FAA00616@ussenterprise.ufp.org> From: "Phil Moss" Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 10:18:58 +0000 Subject: TMBG: Woooo Hoooo !!!!! I'm sure this will annoy the hell out of all you Stateside bunch, but I just need to share this moment with you.... "Woooo Hoooo !!!!!" I've just got my tix for this Saturday's gig at the Garage in London, the first time I'll have seen Them in my home country for over 4 - yep FOUR - years!! I've even managed to persuade my cousin and her hubby to come along...... well they had to really as I'm crashing at their place over the weekend, and I'd bought them tix!! For those UK listies, I hope to see you there. I'll be wearing my 'Severe Tire Damage' t-shirt from the 9:30 Club gig in Washington DC October '97, together with my specs and blond-highlighted hair. Don't worry, I don't look as bad as I sound!!! Here's to a fab night out!!! Cheers, Phil PS. A special 'Hiya' to Matt James, who was in London over Christmas+New Year - missing Their holiday shows in the US - but went back across the Pond before They arrived in the UK. Sometimes life just sucks, as Monica might say ;-o ------------------------------ Message-ID: <003301be42c7$98d87400$e2c343a4@staypuft.resnet.ucla.edu> From: "Josh Morgan" Subject: TMBG: Video Compilation Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 02:47:43 -0700 I've been in hiding for a while, so I'm not exactly up to date on things... does anybody know when the new TMBG Video Compilation is due out. I know the latest catalog said "early 1999", but is there any news about the exact date? thanx, Josh [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] ------------------------------ From: rhilton@bitc.org.uk Message-Id: Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 11:37:14 +0000 Subject: TMBG: John Linnell on the radio last night Did anyone tape John Linnell on the Bob Mills GLR show last night? I tuned in at midnight and there he was live in the studio. It was meant to be a phone in with him but being the guy he is he turned up and did it live. Didn't play anything though - they are being taped for the show and I suspect it will go out next Sunday night - I'll try and confirm times etc. Has anyone noticed how articulate and sensible the two Johns are on the radio. Unlike many other musicians they are capable of putting more than two words together, can tell a story and are funny. Bob Mills and guests were impressed. Usually Bob ends his show with an Elvis number. Last night they finished with " 'till my head falls off" and played it all and didn't stop to go to the World Service at 1pm! 480 minutes until the doors open at the Garage for the TMBG gig. Excited. Moi? Richard ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990118133716.934.rocketmail@web303.yahoomail.com> Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 05:37:16 -0800 (PST) From: Talcott Starr Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: HHGTTG and Batman ---Claire V Gray wrote: > > > > >Also if you haven't read it yet, get the Dirk Gently series. "Dirk > >Gently's Holistic Detective Agency" and "The Long Dark Tea-Time of > >the > >Soul" (My favorite book title). I also know they are together in one > >book, but I don't remember the name. > > I have it, and it's called "Two complete Novels" by Douglas Adams :P > Ack! How could I have missed something so obvious. Nice email address, I guess I'm not the first to add 42 to their name. ;) While we're on the subject, does anyone know if the HHGTTG CDs are still in print? == |\_________\ | Co-Owner of ThetaSoft| | \|___ ___| | http://members.xoom.com/ThetaSoft | || | |-----------------------------------| || | "If you can't see dreams, your eyes are blind" || | -Moxy Fruvous- "Fly" \|___|ALCOTT STARR _________________________________________________________ DO YOU YAHOO!? Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990118152741.2925.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Todd Wetherbee" Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Love, Lust and Sex (was: Personal Mottos) Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 07:27:41 PST >I agree, Jay. If you are truly in love with someone sex will not >enhance that love because you have already reached the peak of love. >Sex compliments love and can be enjoyed. If you truly love that >person, you care for them completely and would not have sex with >anyone else. I agree that sex without love is not the best kind of sex. But you say that if you love someone, you won't have sex with anyone else. Why not? Can't you be in love with more than one person? Farside >-Matt >Matt James >mattj@charm.net > ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: GhostKrabb@webtv.net (Dexter Flansburgh) Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 07:36:32 -0800 (PST) Subject: TMBG: Appearances Message-ID: <10907-36A35500-1265@mailtod-241.iap.bryant.webtv.net> --WebTV-Mail-1150366393-547 Content-Type: Text/Plain; Charset=US-ASCII Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7Bit Okay, in the past few weeks, I've found out about a bunch of radio programs, & T.V. shows that TMBG have been featured on, AND I MISSED ALL OF THEM!!! I've never seen one TMBG T.V. appearance, nor heard one on the radio. TMBG.com is never updated. Tey really should let fans know of when this stuff happens. I've heard people sometimes in here, and over in alt.music.tmbg, both say that they've missed it, and heard about it through somebody who turned on the radio, and was surprised to hear TMBG on there. I managed to get a recording of TMBG on N.P.R., which was really cool, & I WANT MORE!!! So anyway, the point I'm trying to get to here is: Is there anybody's personal TMBG site that keeps up-to-date info on subjetcs like this? Or anyone who would be kind enough to send me some E-mail whenever TMBG makes a T.V. or radio appearance? --- Dexburger --WebTV-Mail-1150366393-547 Content-Description: signature Content-Disposition: Inline Content-Type: Text/HTML; Charset=US-ASCII Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7Bit --WebTV-Mail-1150366393-547-- ------------------------------ From: "Stephen Shores" Subject: TMBG: NON-TMBG- Love vs. lust... Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 10:40:27 -0500 Message-Id: <19990118105645.26b80ab0aba811d2af730000b4839961.in@mail.orthotrac.com> > Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 21:16:09 -0500 > Subject: TMBG: love.... > Message-ID: <19990115.220907.10294.4.SailorMorningStar@juno.com> > From: sailormorningstar@juno.com (Karen M Majetic) > > I just have to say that my belief is that love should not be based on > physical attraction, and that if it is, then you are a truly shallow > person indeed. Well put, Karen. I'd like to emphasize one point- relationships that don't have physical involvement at first typically last longer and are "happier" relationships. If a couple truly love each other, the physical interest will come later... but can cause relationships to crash if not controlled. An example is my relationship to my fiancie. When we started dating, we weren't really physically attracted to each other- we became best friends, then started "going out" seriously, then we were engaged, to be married in December or next May. When we started dating, our physical attraction went from "they're cute" to "whoa, baby." :) Personally, I advocate abstinence before marriage. It's harder to maintain, but it avoids a lot of problems, socially, physically, mentally, and spiritually! And for some cursory TMBG content (how did we get on that love thread anyway?): Someone was asking what people thought about Oregon, from State Songs. I'm not from Oregon (my brother was, I was born in Georgia), but that song seems to me to be talking about a monster or entity that just happens to be named Oregon. I think if John L. was trying to deliberately insult Oregonians, he would say something like, Oregonians are bad, They wear funny hats, Here, they come, here they come... What do you think, sirs? Stephen ------------------------------ Message-ID: <36A358D9.9C59F165@rosevc.rose-hulman.edu> Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 10:52:57 -0500 From: Chad Maloney Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Moxy Fruvous Ah, lotsa Fruvous mentionings in TMBG list over the weekend... *grin* Jordan said: > which reminds me... is anyone here planning on going to Frucon2? I am. But is that a surprise? I think not ;P Jordan again: > adam said: > >And I would, but South Carolina's a little far away. :-p > > okay well i'm considering going from denver... try that on for size :) I'm going up from Indianapolis and I'll be taking along a friend from Louisville. I know of plenty of people driving from faaar away. If you think you live far and want to carpool or something, check out http://www.fruvous.com/frucon2.html. They have a ride board semi-started. Or post on alt.music.moxy-fruvous and see if anyone can help you out. Solomon said: > > considering it. Toronto is only like 5 hours from here, so it'd be an > easy drive, assuming the weather is OK. but I can't commit myself to > getting tickets when I don't know if I'll be able to go. :( Last year the weather was great. My friend Andi and I walked all over TO on Sunday and weren't too cold ;) Toronto is actually on the less snowy side of the lake (usually *grin*) so hopefully it won't be too bad. > another question: > > if Moxy Fruvous were to cover a TMBG song, which one should it be? > if TMBG were to cover a Moxy Fruvous song, which? I agree whole heartedly with the TMBG should do Sad Today person. Or Linnell doing Love Set Fire. Fruvous did sing along with DaVinci's Notebook on Shoehorn with Teeth on Bendy's Law. Check out http://www.davincisnotebook.com for more info on the disc. I'd love to hear Fruvous cover She's an Angel (Murray on lead or Dave maybe) or Destination Moon (Dave on lead) or Alienation's For the Rich (Fordy on lead). Or really lotsa things *grin* Sarah said: > i would be, but apparently i'm a year or 2 too young for the shows. grrr! > since when is fruvous "adult" music anyway? ;P and tmbg for that matter. You're in the same boat as a lot of people, Sarah. The 19+ in Ontario still doesn't help everyone. Last year some under agers got to stand way in the back by the bathrooms, but I can't tell you it was the best place in the house. The convention itself is at a hotel, so anyone can go. I'm not in on the planning this year, so I don't know exactly what is going on, but i'm bringing my bass and hopefullly Fruvous will stop by to do some rarities. Matt next said: > > Actually, Jian made a slight mistake at this NYC show. He sang, "The > statue MADE me high". I guess he just hasn't listened to that song > enough ;) He claims he does that on purpose to make sure people are listening. But he also forgets words to Fruvous songs a lot, so I figure he's just covering for himself *grin* My favorite TMBG-let he's done is "No one knows my plan" sung to the tune of the Statue Got Me High (just those words of course). - Chad ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 12:44:33 -0500 Subject: Re: TMBG: Appearances Message-ID: <19990118.124436.9454.0.captainmarvel2@juno.com> From: captainmarvel2@juno.com (Derek A Klein) Well, this doesn't tell about upcoming appearances, but you can order video tapes of past tv appearences here: http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/7158 Yes, they are high quality, yes they are well worth it, and yes you can trust the guy who runs it. Check it out.. Derek "What is everyone staring at?" >Okay, in the past few weeks, I've found out about a bunch of radio >programs, & T.V. shows that TMBG have been featured on, AND I MISSED >ALL >OF THEM!!! I've never seen one TMBG T.V. appearance, nor heard one on >the radio. TMBG.com is never updated. Tey really should let fans know >of >when this stuff happens. I've heard people sometimes in here, and over >in alt.music.tmbg, both say that they've missed it, and heard about it >through somebody who turned on the radio, and was surprised to hear >TMBG on there. I managed to get a recording of TMBG on N.P.R., which >was >really cool, & I WANT MORE!!! So anyway, the point I'm trying to get >to >here is: Is there anybody's personal TMBG site that keeps up-to-date >info on subjetcs like this? Or anyone who would be kind enough to send >me some E-mail whenever TMBG makes a T.V. or radio appearance? --- > Dexburger > > >--WebTV-Mail-1150366393-547 >Content-Description: signature >Content-Disposition: Inline >Content-Type: Text/HTML; Charset=US-ASCII >Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7Bit > > > > > >--WebTV-Mail-1150366393-547-- > ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 13:32:16 -0500 From: Sarah Subject: TMBG: Vote for TMBG! Message-id: <36A37E30.3669@wmich.edu> Hey everybody, let's all vote for tMBG for best artist of 1998! go here: http://www.cdnow.com/cgi-bin/mserver/SID=864435685/pagename=/MN/promo.b98/vote.html or, since Moxy Fruvous is already number eight (woo-hoo!) vote for them.... but anyway, just vote :) ~Sarah "Ana Ng and I are getting old" ------------------------------ From: IamSam98@aol.com Message-ID: <9bee6121.36a388e2@aol.com> Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 14:17:54 EST Subject: Re: non-TMBG: love.... In a message dated 1/17/99 9:13:38 PM Central Standard Time, cherubino@rocketmail.com writes: > Speaking of Linnell and scary looking guys, my sister thinks he looks like > Steve Buscemi. I don't really see it myself, but do any of you? Maybe I'm > just missing something. > > And of course, I happen to find Mr. Linnell incredibly sexy. As if you didn't > already know that. :) Steve Buscemi is another one of my lovely men. Too bad I saw him before anyone else! ;) Only a few people (such as me) ever saw "Ed and His Dead Mother" ... what a nice first show of his! He doesn't look anyhting like Lin tho, but they are both darling! Who doesn't think that Lin is incredibly sexy? -Samantha ------------------------------ From: cambot@juno.com Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 14:38:37 -0500 Subject: TMBG: RE: Mono Puff Hidden Track Message-ID: <19990118.144224.-254007.0.Cambot@juno.com> Ah yes, the hidden track. As I recall, I was one of the first to discover it (if not the first). I got the CD the day before it was released & happened to dillydally behind the first track, remembering Factory Showroom. Yes, I gave birth to the first track. BOW BEFORE ME!!! BOW, DAMMIT!!!! Cheers Steve! >I'm not sure, but I think I've discovered something new, 'cause I >haven't heard anything about, I just happened to come across it. But >anyway, there's this bonus track on Mono Puff's It's Fun To Steal, that >plays the same way that Token Back From Brooklyn does on Factory >showroom does (-time). It's just computer voices talking & singing about >being on house arrest, and something at the beginning abot making some >call. It's pretty cool. Once again, I didn't know of this before, so >please forgive me if this is old news. --- Dexburger --- ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: linnel@snet.net Message-Id: <199901181943.OAA11582@pop.snet.net> Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 14:39:51 -0500 Subject: Re: non-TMBG: love.... > > Steve Buscemi is another one of my lovely men. Too bad I saw him before anyone > else! ;) Only a few people (such as me) ever saw "Ed and His Dead Mother" ... > what a nice first show of his! He doesn't look anyhting like Lin tho, but they > are both darling! let me tell you... mr. steve there is quite a character. i remember the first time i saw a movie with him in it, i fell in love : ) heheh. everyone there thought i was nuts... the most common response, "but jen... he looks like a RAT!" but that's all part of his charm... jen ------------------------------ From: GhostKrabb@webtv.net (Dexter Flansburgh) Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 14:29:48 -0800 (PST) Subject: TMBG: Re: Mono Puff Bonus Track Message-ID: <14582-36A3B5DC-410@mailtod-242.iap.bryant.webtv.net> --WebTV-Mail-2039117811-165 Content-Type: Text/Plain; Charset=US-ASCII Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7Bit Since there doesn't seem to be a name for the bonus track on I.F.T.S., I'm say we have a vote write here within tmbg-list, to see what it should be called. Personally mail me your suggestions, and I'll set up the vote. When I've got all the suggestions, I'll post the ballot, and give you info on how to vote. This should be pretty cool. Dexburger --WebTV-Mail-2039117811-165 Content-Description: signature Content-Disposition: Inline Content-Type: Text/HTML; Charset=US-ASCII Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7Bit --WebTV-Mail-2039117811-165-- ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 16:12:01 -0700 (MST) From: Jim Kuemmerle Subject: NON-TMBG: more love/sex stuff... Message-ID: okay... after being busy all weekend, i finally caught up with all the love/sex discussion, and i encountered a couple of statements that i cannot let go unchallenged... first jay wrote: > i do not advocate romantic love without sex: it is my belief, however, > that sex does not have the ability to embellish romantic love and is, in > itself, only lust. now... with all due respect, jay, i believe this may be a case of that fish/desert thing you made reference to earlier. (1) sex has the ability to (as you put it) embellish romantic love. (2) not only that, but sex in a loving relationship can be one of the most sincere, genuine, and intense experiences of pure connectedness possible. this is not to argue that sex is just inherently perfect or any such b.s. -- sex (even in the most loving of relationships) can be subject to any of the pitfalls mentioned in earlier posts and more. but the ability of sex to enhance and strengthen emotional bonds is far too important to be overlooked, and to reduce sex to merely an act of lust is to ignore that very potential. and because it so completely trivializes both sex and the love -- and i mean that word -- that can be the motivating factor behind it, such a reductionistic view is dangerous and seductive. also... i take issue with matt's statement that: > If you are truly in love with someone sex will not enhance that love > because you have already reached the peak of love. the analogy that i would offer is of a hiker thinking that he's about to reach the summit, only to find that the hill he was on was obscuring his view of another hill, even higher, just beyond. finally, like two other people who have written about this (i forget who), i am a firm believer in the concept of dynamic beauty. and what i mean by this is that your perception of somebody's physical attractiveness is altered by so many factors, including their self-image, your self-image, your perceptions of their personality and intelligence, and your emotional concept of that person. i might write more on this later if anybody's having trouble understanding me. i'm not thinking well in words right at the moment... --jim kuemmerle, fnfmoanufhgr, mflhurgh, zibfsdebfube... j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668/ ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199901182312.SAA60866@f04n07.cac.psu.edu> Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 18:12:30 -0500 From: Jason Fickley Subject: NON-TMBG: Soul Coughing I just got into Soul Coughing after buying El Oso, and I have to ask...where does Chris Rock appear on this album? --J'son-- ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.6.32.19990118171118.007c1100@pop.mindspring.com > Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 17:11:18 -0600 From: "The Li'l Depressed Boy" Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Soul Coughing At 06:12 PM 1/18/99 -0500, you wrote: >I just got into Soul Coughing after buying El Oso, and I have to >ask...where does Chris Rock appear on this album? > been trying to figure that out myself. I think he might be the "300 dollars" sample all slowed down. But your guess is as good as mine. L "It's all up to leffel if I'm right or not" DB -- http://www.lucidx.com/is My egotistical webpage, links to all the webpages I don't keep in my sig. -- http://www.mp3.com/idolv Download some of my music. -- http://members.xoom.com/MaxxIda/ The Official Sam Kieth Webpage - The Maxx IDA -- Contemporary Cartoon Militia is (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble and Kris W. M. Struble. | The Li'l Depressed Boy, Phreeck, Spyder Hunt, and all related characters (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Message-ID: <5148fb61.36a3c725@aol.com> Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 18:43:33 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: Vote for TMBG! In a message dated 1/18/99 1:34:11 PM, sarah.hurd@wmich.edu writes: > >http://www.cdnow.com/cgi- bin/mserver/SID=864435685/pagename=/MN/promo.b98/vote.html > >or, since Moxy Fruvous is already number eight (woo-hoo!) vote for >them.... but anyway, just vote :) > wtf? i tried on both aol & netscape and i got: ERROR! Sorry, only 1 entry per person maybe everyone has to start from cdnow.com. i tried that but my browser hung. :P some service they are, yellin' at people... jeez. sarah "yeah, it's beautiful here too, why am i tellin' you?" (np: superchunk, "here's where the strings come in") ------------------------------ From: IamSam98@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 19:00:48 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: Vote for TMBG! >maybe everyone has to start from cdnow.com. i tried that but my browser hung. > > :P > some service they are, yellin' at people... jeez. You do need to start from cdnow.com and if you had already went to the addy that was given, you need to restart your browser. I'm not sure if there's a way to vote again because restarting after voting again doesn't seem to work. Maybe it's just one of those waiting things. By the way, I voted TMBG up to 116 with my 2 votes from random browsers and Jay Z, the rapper, up to 40 as the worst. Ugh. That guy makes me sick. -Samantha ------------------------------ Message-ID: <006b01be4343$4a5f9340$4bbd9cce@mike> From: Mike Blaser Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Soul Coughing Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 19:33:06 -0500 Yeah, that's exactly where he appears....the slowed down sample during $300. "for $300 I'd do anything" or something alone those lines...it's hard to tell. ~Mike -----Original Message----- From: The Li'l Depressed Boy To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Date: Monday, January 18, 1999 6:13 PM Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Soul Coughing >At 06:12 PM 1/18/99 -0500, you wrote: >>I just got into Soul Coughing after buying El Oso, and I have to >>ask...where does Chris Rock appear on this album? >> >been trying to figure that out myself. I think he might be the "300 >dollars" sample all slowed down. But your guess is as good as mine. > >L "It's all up to leffel if I'm right or not" DB >-- >http://www.lucidx.com/is >My egotistical webpage, links to all the webpages I don't keep in my sig. >-- >http://www.mp3.com/idolv >Download some of my music. >-- >http://members.xoom.com/MaxxIda/ >The Official Sam Kieth Webpage - The Maxx IDA >-- >Contemporary Cartoon Militia is (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble and Kris W. >M. Struble. | The Li'l Depressed Boy, Phreeck, Spyder Hunt, and all >related characters (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble > ------------------------------ From: wagner@mindspring.com Message-ID: <000201be4365$4d57a520$7c3656d1@computer> Subject: NON-TMBG: other vw commercial Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 21:57:55 -0500 okay guys i'm sure that many of you have wondered this and have been wondering when someone will ask this question...i'm sure that many of you have seen the new vw commercial, the one with the couple driving down the street and they play a tape and everything outside is with the beat of the song -- does anyone know what band/song this is that's playing? thanks. david. wagner. wagner@mindspring.com [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] ------------------------------ From: Batbrain99@aol.com Message-ID: <6b125d2c.36a4120d@aol.com> Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 00:03:09 EST Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Personal Mottos In a message dated 1/13/99 11:29:54 PM GMT Standard Time, mitcharf@mail.utexas.edu writes: << That's a silly motto. Here's mine: Dancing Paperclip, you are evil. >> Well, mine is, as everyones should be: Expectation leads to disapointment! or something like that. Hey, if anyone can find a cooler, more convincing way to word it to make it sound philosophical, let me know! ~Bat"disappointed"Brain ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 00:22:09 -0600 (CST) From: Jim Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Personal Mottos Message-ID: On Tue, 19 Jan 1999 Batbrain99@aol.com wrote: > Well, mine is, as everyones should be: Expectation leads to disapointment! > or something like that. Hey, if anyone can find a cooler, more convincing way > to word it to make it sound philosophical, let me know! "Holding the basic principle that one should hope for a certain set of expected outcomes will unfortunately lead to that person's inevitable disappointment. Don't let this happen to you, kids." How's that? =] Jim! ------------------------------ From: Batbrain99@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 00:28:13 EST Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Personal Mottos In a message dated 1/19/99 5:16:10 AM GMT Standard Time, rlowery@taurus.oursc.k12.ar.us writes: << "Holding the basic principle that one should hope for a certain set of expected outcomes will unfortunately lead to that person's inevitable disappointment. Don't let this happen to you, kids." How's that? =] >> Very nice, but it's gonna be a very long bumper sticker, dont you think? ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 00:38:51 -0600 (CST) From: Jim Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Personal Mottos Message-ID: On Tue, 19 Jan 1999 Batbrain99@aol.com wrote: > rlowery@taurus.oursc.k12.ar.us writes: > > << > "Holding the basic principle that one should hope for a certain > set of expected outcomes will unfortunately lead to that person's > inevitable disappointment. Don't let this happen to you, kids." > How's that? =] > >> > Very nice, but it's gonna be a very long bumper sticker, dont you think? It's supposed to go right beside the one that sez, "If you can read this, you're too close." Jim! ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #14-19 ******************************