Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #14-22 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 14, Number 22 Friday, 22 January 1999 Today's Topics: TMBG: The Dialectizer Non-TMBG: Return of Leffel Re: NON-TMBG: HHGTTG cds Re: Non-TMBG: Return of Leffel Re: Non-TMBG: Return of Leffel Re: TMBG: okay, I'm sorry Re: TMBG: cdnow voting Re: TMBG: Poll details please Re: TMBG: The Dialectizer TMBG: Up Re: TMBG: Mike Leffel (Long message, but Leffel Update) Many Annoying Threads Wrapped Into One! (was Re: TMBG: The Dialectizer) Re: TMBG: FANtastic UK show! More - sorry if we are boring you America! Re: TMBG: cdnow voting Re: Non-TMBG: Return of Leffel TMBG: Stereolab on VW commercial / unknown people on best of 98 list NON-TMBG: one of our fifty is missing... TMBG: slap mah fro! Re: NON-TMBG: one of our fifty is missing... Re: NON-TMBG: one of our fifty is missing... Re: NON-TMBG: one of our fifty is missing... TMBG: GABBO IS COMING! Re: TMBG: GABBO IS COMING! TMBG: GABBO IS COMING! Re: TMBG: GABBO IS COMING! Re: TMBG: GABBO IS COMING! Re: TMBG: GABBO IS COMING! Re: TMBG: GABBO IS COMING! Re: TMBG: GABBO IS COMING! Re: TMBG: GABBO IS COMING! Re: TMBG: GABBO IS COMING! Re: TMBG: GABBO IS COMING! Re: TMBG: GABBO IS COMING! Non-TMBG: The Return of Leffel Re: TMBG: GABBO IS COMING! Re: TMBG: GABBO IS COMING! TMBG: oh, bob scott? Re: TMBG: GABBO IS COMING! Re: TMBG: oh, bob scott? Re: TMBG: oh, bob scott? TMBG: Fear Of Pop and Mono Puff TMBG: one of our fifty is missing...(with a little TMBG at the TMBG: I CAN GET TMBG TO THE SOUTH!!!-- but I need your help!!! Re: TMBG: I CAN GET TMBG TO THE NORTH(was south)!!!-- but I need your Re: TMBG: oh, bob scott? TMBG: i'm back.. Re: TMBG: GABBO IS COMING! TMBG: The Time Poll Re: TMBG: The Time Poll Re[2]: TMBG: The Time Poll Re: Re[2]: TMBG: The Time Poll Re: TMBG: The Time Poll TMBG: CDnow voting Fwd: Re[2]: TMBG: The Time Poll Re: TMBG: GABBO IS COMING! Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-Id: Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 23:18:14 -0800 From: "Courtney L. Patubo" Subject: TMBG: The Dialectizer I remember a little bit ago, someone posting the address for a page that translated from english to foreign language, and back... well, a friend introduced me to The Dialectizer... http://www.rinkworks.com/dialect/ It will translate anything (and any web page) in a dialect of your choice: redneck, jive, moron, swedish chef, pig latin, cockney, elmer fudd. Here's Dr. Worm in Swedish Chef dialog, heh... "Zeey cell me-a Dr. Hurty flurty schnipp schnipp! Vurm Guud murneeng, hoo ere-a yuoo I'm Dr. Hurty flurty schnipp schnipp! Vurm I'm interested in theengs I'm nut a reel ductur boot I em a reel vurm I em un ectooel vurm..." It can provide hours of fun... C o u r t n e y L . P a t u b o toonie@tmbg.org * cpatubo@sirius.com http://www.sirius.com/~cpatubo ICQ #3762743 ------------------------------ From: "Bridget Therease" Subject: Non-TMBG: Return of Leffel Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 00:37:29 -0800 Message-ID: <000001be4519$47f833a0$2dc66ac6@tooms> *screams and jumps and cries and yells for joy* man...just the mere *thought* of the return of Mike leaves me filled with a warm squishy feeling. however, i wish he could handle a computer for a day or two without it completely falling apart. the list hasn't been the same without him. harf was an all right replacement, but...no. not quite. and bob-guy, if you were worried about the believability of your post, i think the "Damn you, baby Jesus... I'll fight you right now!" thing really cemented it for me. that's mikey. and i'll cry if you're lying. *celestia* http://www.proaxis.com/~tooms/ icq # 2814304 open the window to lift into your dreams lately, baby, you can barely breathe... ------------------------------ Message-ID: <001e01be44f0$2ddc3a80$95fdfed0@oemcomputer> From: "kelspots" Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: HHGTTG cds Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 20:47:53 -0500 While we're on the subject, does anyone know if the HHGTTG CDs are still in print? I haven't checked yet, but here's a site that has many addresses for many audio/video versions: http://www-personal.umd.umich.edu/~nhughes/dna/faqs/dnafaq.html#sec3 Just thought I'd let you all know. Amy :) Come trade with me! http://www.strangemud.net/~agreen/boots.html [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 03:38:54 -0600 From: Bob Scott Message-ID: <36A6F5AE.40610A2C@hotbot.com> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Return of Leffel Bridget Therease wrote: > *screams and jumps and cries and yells for joy* > > man...just the mere *thought* of the return of Mike leaves me filled with a > warm squishy feeling. however, i wish he could handle a computer for a day > or two without it completely falling apart. the list hasn't been the same > without him. harf was an all right replacement, but...no. not quite. > > and bob-guy, if you were worried about the believability of your post, i > think the "Damn you, baby Jesus... I'll fight you > right now!" thing really cemented it for me. that's mikey. > > and i'll cry if you're lying. > > *celestia* > http://www.proaxis.com/~tooms/ > icq # 2814304 > open the window to lift into your dreams > lately, baby, you can barely breathe... Well, let me just say that I won't be perjuring myself anytime soon :) Thursday's the big day. I have confirmed the arrival of Leffel. He shall post before 4 pm central time, if all goes as planned. But no one knows my plans... lemoncurry@hotbot.com AKA Bob "Actually, I'm the one who started yelling out the 'Damn you baby Jesus,' but Mike was quick to start saying it as well..." Scott ------------------------------ From: RabbiVole@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 05:08:28 EST Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Return of Leffel *ponder* so this means i finally get to meet the all-hallowed leffel--after a year or so of being off and on the list, i shall now get to see a post from this seemingly godlike individual, and judge for myself how close he is to deity status. mike leffel, mike leffel ... the name is synonomous with legend--from babe the blue ox to the sheep who made the golden fleece--and i shall--yes, shall--be in indirect contact with this living folk tale, this .. morethanaman. ah. my heart beams. peace, love, and good happiness stuff, jay. ------------------------------ From: RabbiVole@aol.com Message-ID: <1f1bfdae.36a70106@aol.com> Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 05:27:18 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: okay, I'm sorry In a message dated 99-01-21 00:23:50 EST, GhostKrabb@webtv.net writes: << I would however like to thank Jeff Parker, who was the only one who actualy cast a vote, and just played along, instead of getting on my ass about it >> jeez! don't embarrass the poor guy. i really doubt he deserves that. peace, love, and good happiness stuff, jay. ------------------------------ From: linnel@snet.net Message-Id: <199901211132.GAA15590@pop.snet.net> Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 06:28:26 -0500 Subject: Re: TMBG: cdnow voting > > and who were most of those people in the top ten? Tommy Shaw? > Kerry Livgren? Idina Menzel? save for Garbage, Moxy and Madonna, > i'm lost. yeah... i'm actually pretty lost on that, too. oh well. at least BSB and those other bands that you hear so often and hate so much aren't on the list, right? i bet the smurfs had something to do with it. jen ------------------------------ From: rhilton@bitc.org.uk Message-Id: Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 8:50:43 +0000 Subject: Re: TMBG: Poll details please Could someone please tell me the latest details about the poll that we should all be voting for John F in i.e. Which magazine Poll title Current position and number of votes John has How much longer can we vote for Also can someone post me the final details of the last poll that John F was in i.e which magazine, poll title, where he ended up, no of vote etc. etc. Many many thanks Richard ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 05:18:10 -0700 Subject: Re: TMBG: The Dialectizer Message-ID: <19990121.053348.4702.1.TMBgirl@juno.com> >It will translate anything (and any web page) in a dialect of your >choice: >redneck, jive, moron, swedish chef, pig latin, cockney, elmer fudd. > >Here's Dr. Worm in Swedish Chef dialog, heh... how many threads have recurred today? what was this one... late '96? take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html :::you know things are off when your buds give you advice... straight from the little mermaid::: ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: "Stephen Shores" Subject: TMBG: Up Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 09:23:56 -0500 Message-Id: <19990121094001.26b81219aba811d2af730000b4839961.in@mail.orthotrac.com> > I just wanted to know if there were any Ani DiFranco fans on >the >list. I just purchased her new CD, "Up Up Up Up Up Up", (hey, >that's >fun to type!) Anyone noticed the 'up" theme lately a lot? There's REM, and Peter Gabriel's coming out with one called 'Up' soon, too... Just noticed... Stephen (who has Turn Around in his head at the moment for some reason...) ------------------------------ From: Matt James Message-Id: <199901211438.JAA21536@fellspt.charm.net> Subject: Re: TMBG: Mike Leffel (Long message, but Leffel Update) Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 09:38:16 -0500 (EST) > >Can you see any trees? I mean right now, like if you look around from > >where > >you are, can you see *any* trees at all? Just wondering. > > ya know... you start stereotyping and look. > Geez, when i was in NYC and people asked where i was from (denver) the > common response was "oh, how many horses do you own?" uh... wha? I woulda thought a better question would be.. "how many mountains do you own?" ;) -Matt ------------------------------ Message-ID: <004601be455a$8a7cf210$e48c0b04@dcg> From: "redips76" Subject: Many Annoying Threads Wrapped Into One! (was Re: TMBG: The Dialectizer) Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 10:24:37 -0600 -----Original Message----- From: tmbgirl@juno.com To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Date: Thursday, January 21, 1999 6:35 AM Subject: Re: TMBG: The Dialectizer >>It will translate anything (and any web page) in a dialect of your >>choice: >>redneck, jive, moron, swedish chef, pig latin, cockney, elmer fudd. >> >>Here's Dr. Worm in Swedish Chef dialog, heh... > >how many threads have recurred today? what was this one... late '96? So if threads are recurring...which John do you think is cuter? Is there really a hidden track on Factory Showroom? You know, I saw that Tiny Toons thing and I really like those songs! They do such clever parodies. And what's this Mono Puff thing all about? It sounds like a cereal... Only kidding, Danielle P.S.--I think the Dialectizer comes up on just about every mailing list I'm on every so often, but I actually thought the Dr. Worm/Swedish Chef thing was kind of cool. Maybe he should perform it like that sometime... ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990121161921.16873.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: FANtastic UK show! More - sorry if we are boring you America! Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 08:19:20 PST Richard wrote: >Spiralling Staircase- really really really rocked along Do you mean "Spiraling Shape"? Or is this a new song? >James K Polk - played as it has a reference to us handing you >Americans >back some land?! "And made the English sell the Oregon Territory" -- May you live in interesting times, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990121164724.12037.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Todd Wetherbee" Subject: Re: TMBG: cdnow voting Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 08:47:22 PST >and who were most of those people in the top ten? Tommy Shaw? >Kerry Livgren? Idina Menzel? save for Garbage, Moxy and Madonna, >i'm lost. Kerry Livgren - former lead singer of Kansas Tommy Shaw - former lead singer of Styx both have solo albums out. I think Livgren has been 'born again' or something to that effect and now does 'christian rock'. Farside > >your underking of pop trivia, >adam schaaf >------------------------------------------ >Random Simpsons Quote >"And with a flute up his nose, Ralph Wiggum." > >___________________________________________________________________ >You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. >Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html >or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.6.32.19990121113045.00892140@pop.mindspring.com > Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 11:30:45 -0600 From: "The Li'l Depressed Boy" Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Return of Leffel At 12:37 AM 1/21/99 -0800, you wrote: >*screams and jumps and cries and yells for joy* > >man...just the mere *thought* of the return of Mike leaves me filled with a >warm squishy feeling. however, i wish he could handle a computer for a day >or two without it completely falling apart. the list hasn't been the same >without him. harf was an all right replacement, but...no. not quite. > HARF? HARF? What kind of inane person are you? Harf? I must say (appologies to harf) but Harf has no way even touched that torch. It was I, and Jim, who have been trying to make sure that torch burns everything in sight. You should be forced to eat infinite bowls of Marshmallow Maties until the preservatives turn you a bright shade of orange. *calls up Senator Joseph McCarthy on the interdimentional phone* "Can you believe this, Joe?" "At long last, have they left no sense of decency?" "I don't know, Joe, I don't know." "Damn Red Bastards." "Oops, Joe, gotta go, talk to ya tommorow?" "'Kay, LDB, we can go out and get sauced." *hangs up the phone and gets back to writing the e-mail" Rev. L "I have here in my hand a list of 150 members of the list, who are either bigger than the list or loyal to" DB, church of Leffel Ind. -- http://www.lucidx.com/is My egotistical webpage, links to all the webpages I don't keep in my sig. -- http://www.mp3.com/idolv Download some of my music. -- http://members.xoom.com/MaxxIda/ The Official Sam Kieth Webpage - The Maxx IDA -- Contemporary Cartoon Militia is (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble and Kris W. M. Struble. | The Li'l Depressed Boy, Phreeck, Spyder Hunt, and all related characters (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble ------------------------------ Message-Id: <36A76883.E7F0E611@mail.hcc.cc.fl.us> Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 12:48:52 -0500 From: Bert Rubini Organization: none Subject: TMBG: Stereolab on VW commercial / unknown people on best of 98 list > Ben: Yes, the commercial you mentioned does, in fact, have Spiritualized's "Ladies and Gentlemen We Are Floating In Space" (a great song and a great album). There is also another Beetle commercial with Stereolab's "Diagonals" on it. I recommend anything by either of these bands, especially Stereolab. I believe it's actually Stereolab's "Parsec" on that Beetle commercial..... > Best of '98: > 1. Tommy Shaw > 2. Kerry Livgren > 3. Kylie Minogue > 4. Bee Gees > 5. King's X > 6. Garbage > 7. Moxy Fruvous > 8. Idina Menzel > 9. David Lee Murphy > 10. Madonna > Your selection: 79. They Might Be Giants > > and who were most of those people in the top ten? Tommy Shaw? > Kerry Livgren? Idina Menzel? save for Garbage, Moxy and Madonna, > i'm lost. Tommy Shaw, former guitarist for Styx and Damn Yankees Kerry Livgren, former guitarist for Kansas That's who they are, but I don't know why they're on the list! bert ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 11:37:34 -0700 (MST) From: Jim Kuemmerle Subject: NON-TMBG: one of our fifty is missing... Message-ID: On Wed, 20 Jan 1999, Refund wrote: > I got that beat by a lot! > Okay...I was in Florida for the national DECA conference. Part of it was > this cultural exchange, of sorts, with people from other states. When I > told people I was from New Mexico, the most common responses were as > followed: > Can you drink the water down there? > How's it feel to be in another country? > Do you guys speak English down there? (Now, what possessed the Texan (no > offense to Texans) to say that to me, I have no clue. Not that I'd spoken > our ENTIRE F***ING CONVERSATION IN ENGLISH or anything.. Ah well.) i've been lucky enough to never have that happen to me. but i usually preface the phrase "new mexico" with the word "roswell". this usually opens up an entirely different can of worms: "is it true?" "are you an x-files fan?" (here, JIM winks at ARWEN)... "have you seen any aliens lately?" "are you an alien?" sigh... it's never "how does it smell to live in a place with more dairies per capita (or is it square mile? i can't remember) than any other county in the US?"... --jim kuemmerle, whose hometown really doesn't smell that bad, thanks for asking... j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668/ ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 12:24:25 -0700 (MST) From: Jim Kuemmerle Subject: TMBG: slap mah fro! Message-ID: from the dialectizer, set to 'jive'... dey call me docto' wo'm. WORD! baaaad mo'nin', how is you, i'm docto' wo'm. WORD! i'm interested in doodads. i'm not some real docto' but ah' am some real wo'm, ah' am an actual wo'm, ah' live likes some wo'm. WORD!.. --jim kuemmerle, who's sorry he has no fro to slap... j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668/ ------------------------------ Message-ID: <000c01be4571$57157e80$5a228a81@refund.rcn.nmt.edu> From: "Refund" Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: one of our fifty is missing... Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 12:07:48 -0700 See, Socorro's a whole different animal itself, too. We have the highest people with PhD's, per capita in the US, along with the most fast food restaraunts per capita in the US too. God I hate this town. Signed, Nick Wolf, TMBG Ambassador to the State of New Mexico (And to all the fast food restaraunts contained therin) -----Original Message----- From: Jim Kuemmerle To: The TMBG Mailing List Date: Thursday, January 21, 1999 11:41 AM Subject: NON-TMBG: one of our fifty is missing... >On Wed, 20 Jan 1999, Refund wrote: > >> I got that beat by a lot! >> Okay...I was in Florida for the national DECA conference. Part of it was >> this cultural exchange, of sorts, with people from other states. When I >> told people I was from New Mexico, the most common responses were as >> followed: >> Can you drink the water down there? >> How's it feel to be in another country? >> Do you guys speak English down there? (Now, what possessed the Texan (no >> offense to Texans) to say that to me, I have no clue. Not that I'd spoken >> our ENTIRE F***ING CONVERSATION IN ENGLISH or anything.. Ah well.) > >i've been lucky enough to never have that happen to me. but i usually >preface the phrase "new mexico" with the word "roswell". this usually >opens up an entirely different can of worms: > >"is it true?" >"are you an x-files fan?" (here, JIM winks at ARWEN)... >"have you seen any aliens lately?" >"are you an alien?" > >sigh... it's never "how does it smell to live in a place with more >dairies per capita (or is it square mile? i can't remember) than any >other county in the US?"... > >--jim kuemmerle, whose hometown really doesn't smell that bad, thanks for >asking... > >j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu >http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668/ > ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 13:02:51 -0700 (MST) From: Jim Kuemmerle Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: one of our fifty is missing... Message-ID: On Thu, 21 Jan 1999, Refund wrote: > See, Socorro's a whole different animal itself, too. We have the highest > people with PhD's, per capita in the US, along with the most fast food > restaraunts per capita in the US too. God I hate this town. the obvious corollary question: how many PhD's working at fast food restaurants per capita has socorro? ;) --jim kuemmerle, who misses the owl cafe somethin' awful... j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668/ ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990121203431.449.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Todd Wetherbee" Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: one of our fifty is missing... Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 12:34:30 PST > >See, Socorro's a whole different animal itself, too. We have the >highest people with PhD's, per capita in the US... There you go, all you high people. If you want a PhD, move to Socorro. Farside or if you're a PhD and you want to get high... ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 14:37:43 -0600 From: "Mike Leffel" Message-ID: <78835v$sch$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: GABBO IS COMING! The ancient corpse rattles.... The dust blows free... Shuddering coffin... Soil misplaced..... IT IS THE RETURN.... THE RETURN..... OF *ME!* MUHUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA!!!! HELLO GUYS AND GALS!!! Oh my it's been a time since I've tippered the tap at a console connected to the net of the inter! Prodded from the depths of techno-obscurity by my dear friend BOB SCOTT, I return here for a minute to say howdy ho and doody dee! So how is everybody? What is it, only 30% of the old list? HEEHEEHEE!! ^_^ I don't care to ...bog down the list.. so I'll ...keep it short! ^_^ I've been in sort of an electronic/fate/everyday life sort of funkdown in the last year, and unfortunately, the internet has been a sad second to the remainder of the rest of the things going on in my universe right now.... so that's why I've not updated/said hello/taken off my nightie more frequently. Of course, now thanks to BOB SCOTT, I can get my email on a more less not basis! WHEEEHEEEE! There will be more messages when I'm more coherent. More. Hugs and Bugs, Mike "Quit Jivin' me TURRRRRKEY!" Leffel ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Message-ID: <2cf36b35.36a790c6@aol.com> Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 15:40:38 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: GABBO IS COMING! In a message dated 1/21/99 3:39:50 PM, mal@dragondata.com writes: >Mike "Quit Jivin' me TURRRRRKEY!" Leffel wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 15:44:57 -0600 From: "Mike Leffel" Message-ID: <788745$39e$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: GABBO IS COMING! The ancient corpse rattles.... The dust blows free... Shuddering coffin... Soil misplaced..... IT IS THE RETURN.... THE RETURN..... OF *ME!* MUHUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA!!!! HELLO GUYS AND GALS!!! Oh my it's been a time since I've tippered the tap at a console connected to the net of the inter! Prodded from the depths of techno-obscurity by my dear friend BOB SCOTT, I return here for a minute to say howdy ho and doody dee! So how is everybody? What is it, only 30% of the old list? HEEHEEHEE!! ^_^ I don't care to ...bog down the list.. so I'll ...keep it short! ^_^ I've been in sort of an electronic/fate/everyday life sort of funkdown in the last year, and unfortunately, the internet has been a sad second to the remainder of the rest of the things going on in my universe right now.... so that's why I've not updated/said hello/taken off my nightie more frequently. Of course, now thanks to BOB SCOTT, I can get my email on a more less not basis! WHEEEHEEEE! There will be more messages when I'm more coherent. More. Hugs and Bugs, Mike "Quit Jivin' me TURRRRRKEY!" Leffel ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.6.32.19990121154714.0088f800@pop.mindspring.com > Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 15:47:14 -0600 From: "The Li'l Depressed Boy" Subject: Re: TMBG: GABBO IS COMING! >IT IS THE RETURN.... > > >THE RETURN..... > > > >OF *ME!* > And the followers/worshipers of the Leffelernator (Pertator) rejoice. They throw their hands up with glee. And as spoken they each write something silly in response. We missed ya Mike, please tell us about life, love, and Uncle Joe. I've tried my hardest (Jim did too) to keep the dream alive, but it seems folks weren't paying attention. If you ever want to read my various responses to "Who the hell is Mike Leffel, anywho?" I can compile them for you and you can read. *bows down to leffel* Even tho I'm bigger'n the list (I can provide conclusive proof), you are much bigger! Rev. L "You won't have Nixon to kick around anymore" DB of the Church of Leffel Ind. -- http://www.lucidx.com/is My egotistical webpage, links to all the webpages I don't keep in my sig. -- http://www.mp3.com/idolv Download some of my music. -- http://members.xoom.com/MaxxIda/ The Official Sam Kieth Webpage - The Maxx IDA -- Contemporary Cartoon Militia is (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble and Kris W. M. Struble. | The Li'l Depressed Boy, Phreeck, Spyder Hunt, and all related characters (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble ------------------------------ From: EmarZero@aol.com Message-ID: <384e6ed5.36a7a3c4@aol.com> Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 17:01:40 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: GABBO IS COMING! Oh wow. An icon has returned. Call me cold, call me an asshole, but it AIN'T the second coming of Christ, gang. Just Mikey Leffel. Hooper_X, dropping sanity into the laps of those around him. Mmm. ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 17:15:05 -0500 Subject: Re: TMBG: GABBO IS COMING! Message-ID: <19990121.171508.2870.1.captainmarvel2@juno.com> From: Derek A Klein Welcome back, Master Leffel. Although you were before my time, I have heard the legends of your near godly-ness, and now I may learn of you first hand. I now bow down to bask in the glow of he who is...King Leffel! Derek "What is everyone staring at?" ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 16:59:26 -0500 Subject: Re: TMBG: GABBO IS COMING! Message-ID: <19990121.165937.-191661.3.gray42@juno.com> From: Claire V Gray Leffel... If it weren't for the heard of army men threatening me with their tainted shells, I'd say, Welcome Back To The List, Thy, who I hath never met till now. oh well Mysterio Gal (too weird to live, to rare to die) "Trink Ziegeblut in eine Kanne!" --Das Hooded Rat MST3K#88182 ICQ#9585405 gray42@juno.com, send attachments to mr_realgal@yahoo.com http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 The Official Project Omicrom website: www.geocities.com/SoHo/Square/9007 ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 17:04:55 -0500 Subject: Re: TMBG: GABBO IS COMING! Message-ID: <19990121.170510.-191661.4.gray42@juno.com> From: Claire V Gray >Hooper_X, dropping sanity into the laps of those around him. Mmm. > My bar of sanity is too plain, I'll take some nuts with it, yummie nummers :P Mysterio Gal (too weird to live, to rare to die) "Trink Ziegeblut in eine Kanne!" --Das Hooded Rat MST3K#88182 ICQ#9585405 gray42@juno.com, send attachments to mr_realgal@yahoo.com http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 The Official Project Omicrom website: www.geocities.com/SoHo/Square/9007 ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 15:24:04 -0700 (MST) From: Jim Kuemmerle Subject: Re: TMBG: GABBO IS COMING! Message-ID: On Thu, 21 Jan 1999 EmarZero@aol.com wrote: > Oh wow. An icon has returned. Call me > cold, call me an asshole, but it AIN'T the second coming of Christ, gang. > Just Mikey Leffel. you cold asshole. ;) it's actually the Third Coming of Mike (or, as he put it, the second coming of Mike v.2) > Hooper_X, dropping sanity into the laps of those around him. Mmm. there's no room for sanity here! Mike has returned! open the floodgates! batten the hatches! shiver the timbers! circle the wagons! wag the dogs! rudolf the red-nosed reindeer! --jim kuemmerle, dropping some science on the wagon train... j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668/ ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 17:35:46 -0500 (EST) From: "Kirsten L. Brodbeck" Subject: Re: TMBG: GABBO IS COMING! Message-ID: On Thu, 21 Jan 1999, Mike Leffel wrote: > Hugs and Bugs, > Mike "Quit Jivin' me TURRRRRKEY!" Leffel AAAUGH!! See, I KNEW there was a reason for me to come back! I'm psychic, doncha know? hee hee... Welcome back, Mikey, and how 'bout some Country Time? Kirsten "All love is rhymed need." - Peter S. Beagle, _A Fine & Private Place_ ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 16:37:32 -0600 From: Bob Scott Message-ID: <36A7AC2B.BCD35C3E@hotbot.com> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: GABBO IS COMING! EmarZero@aol.com wrote: > Oh wow. An icon has returned. Call me > cold, call me an asshole, but it AIN'T the second coming of Christ, gang. > Just Mikey Leffel. > > Hooper_X, dropping sanity into the laps of those around him. Mmm. Have you met Jesus? He shines Mike's shoes!!! The son of God would pay to have the privelege to kiss those feet! I think I've made my point. Otherwise I've angered some cosmic forces which will soon destroy my immortal soul. ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.6.32.19990121163453.008747b0@pop.mindspring.com > Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 16:34:53 -0600 From: "The Li'l Depressed Boy" Subject: Re: TMBG: GABBO IS COMING! At 03:24 PM 1/21/99 -0700, you wrote: >On Thu, 21 Jan 1999 EmarZero@aol.com wrote: > >> Oh wow. An icon has returned. Call me >> cold, call me an asshole, but it AIN'T the second coming of Christ, gang. >> Just Mikey Leffel. > >you cold asshole. ;) it's actually the Third Coming of Mike (or, as he >put it, the second coming of Mike v.2) > And anyways, Mikey is much more important than Christ. He was cold just talkin' schmack on Mike, but assuming we were all christians, that's just cold. >> Hooper_X, dropping sanity into the laps of those around him. Mmm. > >there's no room for sanity here! Mike has returned! open the floodgates! >batten the hatches! shiver the timbers! circle the wagons! wag the >dogs! rudolf the red-nosed reindeer! > Basten the turkey! Remove the communists! Kick the president out of office! Kill your boyfriend! Howard the Duck! >--jim kuemmerle, dropping some science on the wagon train... > Rev. L "Ring Ring. Hello Cheese? Wrong, cheese can't use a phone." DB, dropping the wagon on some science train -- http://www.lucidx.com/is My egotistical webpage, links to all the webpages I don't keep in my sig. -- http://www.mp3.com/idolv Download some of my music. -- http://members.xoom.com/MaxxIda/ The Official Sam Kieth Webpage - The Maxx IDA -- Contemporary Cartoon Militia is (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble and Kris W. M. Struble. | The Li'l Depressed Boy, Phreeck, Spyder Hunt, and all related characters (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 16:41:05 -0600 From: Bob Scott Message-ID: <36A7AD01.DE792E81@hotbot.com> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Non-TMBG: The Return of Leffel Not in theaters. You saw it here. And who do you have to thank? Leffel himself, of course. And thanks to everyone for withholding that disbelief until I made the Statue of Liberty disappear. That always helps :) lemoncurry@hotbot.com AKA Bob Scott http://members.theglobe.com/bobscott/default.html ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 15:46:39 -0700 (MST) From: Jim Kuemmerle Subject: Re: TMBG: GABBO IS COMING! Message-ID: On Thu, 21 Jan 1999, The Li'l Depressed Boy wrote: > >you cold asshole. ;) it's actually the Third Coming of Mike (or, as he > >put it, the second coming of Mike v.2) > > > And anyways, Mikey is much more important than Christ. He was cold just > talkin' schmack on Mike, but assuming we were all christians, that's just > cold. and, temporarily setting humor/mythology/religion aside, this is a good friend who most of us haven't been able to talk to in over a year. so shut yo' fro!! :) > >there's no room for sanity here! Mike has returned! open the floodgates! > >batten the hatches! shiver the timbers! circle the wagons! wag the > >dogs! rudolf the red-nosed reindeer! > > > Basten the turkey! Remove the communists! Kick the president out of > office! Kill your boyfriend! Howard the Duck! kill the wabbit! take the long way home! doctor the worms! > >--jim kuemmerle, dropping some science on the wagon train... > > > Rev. L "Ring Ring. Hello Cheese? Wrong, cheese can't use a phone." DB, > dropping the wagon on some science train hee hee! i remember that!!! :) --jim kuemmerle, suddenly needing somebody to show me how to tie my shoes... j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668/ ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 17:43:29 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: GABBO IS COMING! In a message dated 1/21/99 5:40:51 PM, lemoncurry@hotbot.com writes: >Have you met Jesus? He shines Mike's shoes!!! jhc? indeedy, he posts to this list. ! :) sarah ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Message-ID: <84924ce0.36a7aec4@aol.com> Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 17:48:36 EST Subject: TMBG: oh, bob scott? you my dear, look like linnell. are you aware of this? ladies, aim your browsers here: http://members.theglobe.com/bobscott/images/me2.jpg hehehe sarah ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 15:56:08 -0700 (MST) From: Jim Kuemmerle Subject: Re: TMBG: GABBO IS COMING! Message-ID: On Thu, 21 Jan 1999, Kirsten L. Brodbeck wrote: > AAAUGH!! See, I KNEW there was a reason for me to come back! I'm > psychic, doncha know? hee hee... Welcome back, Mikey, and how 'bout some > Country Time? wooHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! will the reunion party never stop!? welcome back, kirsten!!! where the hell have you been? :) country times all around!! --jim kuemmerle, suddenly official bartender to the list... j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668/ ------------------------------ Message-ID: <002201be4593$b7a956f0$173d88cf@dcg> From: "redips76" Subject: Re: TMBG: oh, bob scott? Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 17:13:54 -0600 -----Original Message----- From: KdsInThHal@aol.com To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Date: Thursday, January 21, 1999 4:56 PM Subject: TMBG: oh, bob scott? >you my dear, look like linnell. are you aware of this? > >ladies, aim your browsers here: > >http://members.theglobe.com/bobscott/images/me2.jpg I personally think he looks more like a cross between Linnell and Neil Patrick Harris (of Doogie Howser fame/infamy). There are worse fates. :) Perfectly aware that Mr. Sperm and Mr. Sperm cannot make a baby, Danielle ------------------------------ From: IamSam98@aol.com Message-ID: <66a7f1d0.36a7b0db@aol.com> Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 17:57:31 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: oh, bob scott? *drooling ever so slightly* I'm ready to stalk ... anyone with me? (God I sound liek a psycho today ... those live auditions are sucking my soul out!) -Samantha ------------------------------ Message-Id: <4.1.19990121182918.00923870@pop.mindspring.com> Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 18:40:31 -0500 From: Ben Bradshaw Subject: TMBG: Fear Of Pop and Mono Puff I found my copy of fear of pop at a local Borders. If you don't see it under Fear Of Pop, try looking under Ben Folds, which most likely will be found mixed in with Ben Folds Five. Personally, I'd suggest this album to anyone who can appreciate anything outside of MTV's rotation of crap. However, it does take a fairly open mind if you're not really into stuff like Techno, which I'm fully aware it is not, yet, to the uninitiated like me, the album seems like it very possibly could be. It is comforting though that all the instruments were played by Ben Folds himself which lends a feeling of warmth to it all. I recently just bought my first mono puff album, unsupervised, at this local music store (Plan 9 for all Richmonders or Charlottesvillians(?)). I actually found it in the used bin, and in the New section, there were three copies of IFTS. I think I saw one of the albums at Borders, which makes me now think that Borders is one hell of a music store, aside from the fact that it is expensive as crap. Ben "You think this stuff is shit? Well, I think you're shit, you little turd dropper"-Fear Of Pop Take A Gander, part 2 http://www.geocities.com/southbeach/lights/5364 ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.3.32.19990121195010.00710248@goshen.edu> Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 19:50:10 -0500 From: "Amanda Heggen" Subject: TMBG: one of our fifty is missing...(with a little TMBG at the Going with the New Mexico thread... I was interviewing for a job in a video place here in Goshen, Indiana. I'm from Albuquerque, and I didn't get the job because I didn't have my PAPERS. 'Papers?' I asked. 'You don't know how many immagrants we get in here who don't have their papers'. 'Ah, no, you see, New Mexico is a state' I slowely explained to her. Unfortunately, she STILL didn't get it, even after a couple attempts at making it as clear as possible. Many years ago, my family was driving through Utah (which touches NM). We stopped by the big Mormon church in Salt Lake City, and a tour guide type asked us if we spoke English when he heard where we were from. Someone from a little town in Indiana, that's ridiculous, but someone in Utah!? Maybe TMBG don't know about New Mexico, either, and that's why they never go there... At 11:37 AM 1/21/99 -0700, you wrote: >On Wed, 20 Jan 1999, Refund wrote: > >> I got that beat by a lot! >> Okay...I was in Florida for the national DECA conference. Part of it was >> this cultural exchange, of sorts, with people from other states. When I >> told people I was from New Mexico, the most common responses were as >> followed: >> Can you drink the water down there? >> How's it feel to be in another country? >> Do you guys speak English down there? (Now, what possessed the Texan (no >> offense to Texans) to say that to me, I have no clue. Not that I'd spoken >> our ENTIRE F***ING CONVERSATION IN ENGLISH or anything.. Ah well.) > >i've been lucky enough to never have that happen to me. but i usually >preface the phrase "new mexico" with the word "roswell". this usually >opens up an entirely different can of worms: > >"is it true?" >"are you an x-files fan?" (here, JIM winks at ARWEN)... >"have you seen any aliens lately?" >"are you an alien?" > >sigh... it's never "how does it smell to live in a place with more >dairies per capita (or is it square mile? i can't remember) than any >other county in the US?"... > >--jim kuemmerle, whose hometown really doesn't smell that bad, thanks for >asking... > >j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu >http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668/ > > ------------------------------ Message-ID: <36A7CF6C.57300A35@ibm.net> Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 20:07:56 -0500 From: Robyn Miller Subject: TMBG: I CAN GET TMBG TO THE SOUTH!!!-- but I need your help!!! Hello All! Okay... here's the situation. (If you're in a hurry, you can skip this paragraph) Tonight I joined the Entertainment division of the University Union at the University of Georgia (in Athens, GA). We're in charge of what entertainers come to our college. I joined this organization for the soul reason because I heard they were talking about having TMBG come to our college, but decided against it because Katherine (the Chairmen of the Entertainment division) thinks we couldn't get enough people to show up to pay for the price to get Them here. Katherine's really cool, but a TMBG skeptic... I have made it my job to convince her otherwise! Here's where all of you (well, at least those of you who live in the South and/or willing to travel) come in. If I can show her that I know of a bunch of people who would definitely drive to Athens, GA, (about an hour due-east of Atlanta) to see TMBG, maybe she would reconsider and believe that we could have a sell-out show between UGA and non-UGA students. So, write me an email (rmille8@ibm.net or ew0k@tmbg.org) and tell me (or Katherine) that you want TMBG to play at UGA because they hardly ever come to the South. PLEASE EMAIL ME PERSONALLY because I want to print them off individually and hand her a stack of papers ;) Also, I'm sure all of the TMBG list people don't want all of the extra mail... so please take the time to write my name in the TO: box... or at least CC:. This is NOT a joke. I am really able to get Them to play at UGA if I can convince her. I will get VERY pissy if I can't. The show would only be a couple of bucks, she said, to make it appealing to UGA students... so don't give me the excuse that it would cost too much! I know some of you out there already (Carey, Adam, Jeff, etc) so PLEASE help me out here! Even if you're not sure if you can make it to Athens... SEND ME AN EMAIL ANYWAY! I want solid proof for her that "If you book Them, They fans will come!" So all of you from Georgia, the Carolinas (c'mon! you're only an hour or 2 away!), Tennessee, Florida, Alabama, etc, help me get Them to the South again... because we are always too TMBG deprived. Thank you for you help and consideration-- Robyn (aka "ew0k") ------------------------------ Message-ID: <36A7D983.8C7E9400@tmbg.org> Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 20:50:59 -0500 From: Feeny aka Chris Campbell Subject: Re: TMBG: I CAN GET TMBG TO THE NORTH(was south)!!!-- but I need your Not to whine or anything, But you southern/central/West/Uk are soooooo, Lucky! TMBG has not been within 200 or 300 miles of me since(feeny checks his one ticket) March 9th, 1996. I shouldn't complain,(I've been to 2 shows). But they have held out on us mainerrrrs for 3 years. At there last show(open to all ages, they came for a 21+ in july of 1996), There was not a huge turn out(Pretty good, but...) I think it may have discouraged tmbg. Hey, did anyone on the list go to these shows? We can reminisce! -Feeny aka Christopher Robyn Miller wrote: > Hello All! > Okay... here's the situation. (If you're in a hurry, you can skip > this paragraph) Tonight I joined the Entertainment division of the > University Union at the University of Georgia (in Athens, GA). We're in > charge of what entertainers come to our college. I joined this > organization for the soul reason because I heard they were talking about > having TMBG come to our college, but decided against it because > Katherine (the Chairmen of the Entertainment division) thinks we > couldn't get enough people to show up to pay for the price to get Them > here. Katherine's really cool, but a TMBG skeptic... I have made it my > job to convince her otherwise! > Here's where all of you (well, at least those of you who live in the > South and/or willing to travel) come in. If I can show her that I know > of a bunch of people who would definitely drive to Athens, GA, (about an > hour due-east of Atlanta) to see TMBG, maybe she would reconsider and > believe that we could have a sell-out show between UGA and non-UGA > students. So, write me an email (rmille8@ibm.net or ew0k@tmbg.org) and > tell me (or Katherine) that you want TMBG to play at UGA because they > hardly ever come to the South. PLEASE EMAIL ME PERSONALLY because I > want to print them off individually and hand her a stack of papers ;) > Also, I'm sure all of the TMBG list people don't want all of the extra > mail... so please take the time to write my name in the TO: box... or at > least CC:. This is NOT a joke. I am really able to get Them to play at > UGA if I can convince her. I will get VERY pissy if I can't. The show > would only be a couple of bucks, she said, to make it appealing to UGA > students... so don't give me the excuse that it would cost too much! I > know some of you out there already (Carey, Adam, Jeff, etc) so PLEASE > help me out here! Even if you're not sure if you can make it to > Athens... SEND ME AN EMAIL ANYWAY! I want solid proof for her that "If > you book Them, They fans will come!" So all of you from Georgia, the > Carolinas (c'mon! you're only an hour or 2 away!), Tennessee, Florida, > Alabama, etc, help me get Them to the South again... because we are > always too TMBG deprived. > Thank you for you help and consideration-- > > Robyn (aka "ew0k") ------------------------------ From: linnel@snet.net Message-Id: <199901220224.VAA25753@pop.snet.net> Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 21:20:10 -0500 Subject: Re: TMBG: oh, bob scott? > Perfectly aware that Mr. Sperm and Mr. Sperm cannot make a baby, > Danielle but if they COULD, i bet it would have two heads, wear red all the time and sacrifice cows to the pen goddess. jen ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 11:11:54 -0500 (EST) From: "Kirsten L. Brodbeck" Subject: TMBG: i'm back.. Message-ID: Hullo! I'm back! (Kirsten grins broadly, then falters as her words echo and everyone stares at her) Anybody remember me? I unsubbed when I went to school, about August-ish. Before that, I was the perma-resident; I think I'd been on the list for like two years. I decided I'd better come back when I found out from my friend Nathaniel that They played Chicago with Man or Astroman, and I missed it... Bastard didn't even tell me about it until afterward. *siiiigh* Anyway, I'm here; have I missed anything interesting? Kirsten "All love is rhymed need." - Peter S. Beagle, _A Fine & Private Place_ ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 18:15:49 -0500 (EST) From: "Kirsten L. Brodbeck" Subject: Re: TMBG: GABBO IS COMING! Message-ID: On Thu, 21 Jan 1999, Jim Kuemmerle wrote: > wooHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! > > will the reunion party never stop!? welcome back, kirsten!!! where the > hell have you been? :) Doing collegy things; I unsubbed to move to Kalamazoo and get settled, and never re-subbed until now. But then Leffel came to me in a dream, and... Well, actually, I found out that I'd missed TMBG with Man Or Astroman? opening in Chicago, and I decided it was time to get back into the loop. Hello, hello, it's good to be back -- I see some new faces, but lots of old peeps, too. Kirsten (doing happy dances and feeling happy that her presence was acknowledged) "All love is rhymed need." - Peter S. Beagle, _A Fine & Private Place_ ------------------------------ Message-Id: <21JAN99.23501299.0301.MUSIC@MARISTB.MARIST.EDU> Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 21:45:37 EST From: Misty Subject: TMBG: The Time Poll Has anyone checked the Time poll lately? Well, I just did, and while Flansy is still in fourth, he's now got to topple Der Fuhrer himself if he wants to reach Der Wrestler. That's right. Ric Flair has recently toppled Adolf Hitler for number two on the Person of the Century list. Just keepin' y'all informed, Misty "Don Quixote swung at the windmill because he thought it was a giant." "That's crazy. Windmills aren't giants." "Yes, but they might be giants." ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Message-ID: <270691f5.36a7e81a@aol.com> Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 21:53:14 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: The Time Poll In a message dated 1/21/99 9:49:10 PM, K4ZK@MARISTB.MARIST.EDU writes: >Has anyone checked the Time poll lately? Well, I just did, and while >Flansy is still in fourth, he's now got to topple Der Fuhrer himself if >he wants to reach Der Wrestler. That's right. Ric Flair has recently >toppled Adolf Hitler for number two on the Person of the Century list. > reminder: a plea for people posting about the people poll to please post (jesus... ) the URL! :) i would post it but c'mon! i'm lazy! .. and i don't think i have it bookmarked. sarah listening to : the superfriendz ------------------------------ Message-Id: <21JAN99.23806769.0020.MUSIC@MARISTB.MARIST.EDU> Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 22:02:35 EST From: Misty Subject: Re[2]: TMBG: The Time Poll >reminder: a plea for people posting about the people poll to please post >(jesus... ) the URL! :) > Ask and you shall receive......... http://cgi.pathfinder.com/time/time100/poc/century.html Sorry I didn't post it the first time, Misty --listening to the rhythmic sounds computer keys make when you are typing ------------------------------ From: linnel@snet.net Message-Id: <199901220312.WAA25655@pop.snet.net> Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 22:08:47 -0500 Subject: Re: Re[2]: TMBG: The Time Poll > > Ask and you shall receive......... unless you're asking for a million champaign glasses filled with red jello... because i sure as hell aren't going to give it to you... jen -the one who causes you to run with scissors and throw things in a way that is fun until someone loses an eye. then the cow sings The Man of La Mancha. ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 22:21:03 -0500 Subject: Re: TMBG: The Time Poll Message-ID: <19990121.222109.6662.2.SailorMorningStar@juno.com> From: Karen M Majetic WE HAVE TO GET VOTING! FLANS MUST BE NUMBER ONE...WHERE HE BELONGS!!! (Can you tell that I am going just...a teeny...eensy...bit....psycho???) Please please everyone keep voting...it's up to us.....plus wouldnt it just be great to say...yeah we did it...it was all us! -Karen :P On Thu, 21 Jan 1999 21:45:37 EST Misty writes: >Has anyone checked the Time poll lately? Well, I just did, and while >Flansy is still in fourth, he's now got to topple Der Fuhrer himself >if he wants to reach Der Wrestler. That's right. Ric Flair has recently >toppled Adolf Hitler for number two on the Person of the Century list. > >Just keepin' y'all informed, >Misty > >"Don Quixote swung at the windmill because he thought it was a giant." >"That's crazy. Windmills aren't giants." >"Yes, but they might be giants." > ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: PRMega@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 22:17:06 EST Subject: TMBG: CDnow voting Can someone tell me where to go in CD Now to get to teh voting section? Thanks. PR Mega ------------------------------ From: Kaylum@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 23:14:24 EST Subject: Fwd: Re[2]: TMBG: The Time Poll [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (message/rfc822)] ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #14-22 ******************************