Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #14-23 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 14, Number 23 Saturday, 23 January 1999 Today's Topics: TMBG: CDnow cheat? TMBG: Re: oh, bob scott? Re: TMBG: Re: oh, bob scott? Re: TMBG: oh, bob scott? TMBG: Non-TMBG Leffel Enterprises Inc Re: TMBG: Re: oh, bob scott? Re: TMBG: FANtastic UK show! More - sorry if we are boring you America! -Rep TMBG: The Time Poll -Reply TMBG: Re: GABBO IS COMING! nonTMBG: NEW Radicals Re: TMBG: GABBO IS COMING! Re: TMBG: GABBO IS COMING! TMBG: ALL HAIL THE ALBIGHTY AND EVER-POWERFUL MIKE!!!! Re: nonTMBG: NEW Radicals NON-TMBG: the big deal with mike leffel explained. READ!! TMBG: Fear Of Pop and MIKE LEFFEL Re: NON-TMBG: the big deal with mike leffel explained. READ!! Re: TMBG: Fear Of Pop and MIKE LEFFEL TMBG: LIST: Leffel's return +OAT Re: TMBG: GABBO IS COMING Re: NON-TMBG: the big deal with mike leffel explained. READ!! Re: TMBG: ALL HAIL THE ALBIGHTY AND EVER-POWERFUL MIKE!!!! Re: TMBG: GABBO IS COMING! Re: TMBG: ALL HAIL THE ALBIGHTY AND EVER-POWERFUL MIKE!!!! Re: TMBG: ALL HAIL THE ALBIGHTY AND EVER-POWERFUL MIKE!!!! RE: TMBG: ALL HAIL THE ALBIGHTY AND EVER-POWERFUL MIKE!!!! Re: TMBG: GABBO IS COMING! RE: TMBG: ALL HAIL THE ALBIGHTY AND EVER-POWERFUL MIKE!!!! TMBG: WOW!!! TMBG: The Great Oklahoma Flesh Fest Re: TMBG: ALL HAIL THE ALBIGHTY AND EVER-POWERFUL MIKE!!!! TMBG: the volkswagon commercial - i've uncovered the secret. Re: TMBG: ALL HAIL THE ALBIGHTY AND EVER-POWERFUL MIKE!!!! TMBG: Joining the Leffet Fever Re: TMBG: ALL HAIL THE ALBIGHTY AND EVER-POWERFUL MIKE!!!! TMBG: matt's life savings Re: TMBG: ALL HAIL THE ALBIGHTY AND EVER-POWERFUL MIKE!!!! Re: TMBG: ALL HAIL THE ALBIGHTY AND EVER-POWERFUL MIKE!!!! Re: TMBG: Joining the Leffet Fever Re: TMBG: Joining the Leffet Fever TMBG: Interps NON-TMBG: leffEl palindrome lEffel TMBG: Thank You Re: TMBG: Interps TMBG: duh Re: TMBG: duh TMBG: Re: grrrr... (Was: duh) Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: GhostKrabb@webtv.net (Dexter Flansburgh) Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 22:08:41 -0800 (PST) Subject: TMBG: CDnow cheat? Message-ID: <10582-36A815E9-1756@mailtod-241.iap.bryant.webtv.net> --WebTV-Mail-1974047618-809 Content-Type: Text/Plain; Charset=US-ASCII Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7Bit Is there a cheat page for the CDnow band of the year thing for TMBG. You know, like the Flans 87 advil one. Just wondering.- Dexburger www.members.tripod.com/~LetterboxEdition/ --WebTV-Mail-1974047618-809 Content-Description: signature Content-Disposition: Inline Content-Type: Text/HTML; Charset=US-ASCII Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7Bit --WebTV-Mail-1974047618-809-- ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 01:10:01 -0600 From: Bob Scott Message-ID: <36A82448.84CDC07@hotbot.com> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re: oh, bob scott? KdsInThHal@aol.com wrote: > you my dear, look like linnell. are you aware of this? > > ladies, aim your browsers here: > > http://members.theglobe.com/bobscott/images/me2.jpg > > hehehe > > sarah I am found out :) But that was when I had contacts last year, and with all of the monstrous gas bubbles which occupy my face airbrushed out. This is the only reason Mike puts up with my insolence, I'm sure. That and the fact that I like Laurel and Hardy :P lemoncurry@hotbot.com AKA Bob "Milarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr" Scott ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 02:10:58 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: oh, bob scott? In a message dated 1/22/99 2:09:38 AM, lemoncurry@hotbot.com writes: > I am found out :) But that was when I had contacts last year, and >with all of the monstrous gas bubbles which occupy my face airbrushed >out. This is the only reason Mike puts up with my insolence, I'm sure. >That and the fact that I like Laurel and Hardy :P > yah, but you're still cute. sarah ;) ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 01:13:58 -0600 From: Bob Scott Message-ID: <36A82536.4A765645@hotbot.com> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: oh, bob scott? IamSam98@aol.com wrote: > *drooling ever so slightly* > > I'm ready to stalk ... anyone with me? > > (God I sound liek a psycho today ... those live auditions are sucking my soul > out!) > > -Samantha Right now, I'm praying I didn't post any 'personal' information ^_^... But wait... s'okay... I could use some more publicity. But my real name remains one of the most highly guarded treasures of Afghanistan. And whoever said that thing about Neil Patrick Harris and me bearing similarities, you've made me reconsider ever having children :P We don't need more Doogies in this world. More Droogies, I wouldn't mind... lemoncurry@hotbot.com AKA Bob "Over 300 cars on the lot, that's why!" Scott http://members.theglobe.com/bobscott/default.html ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 01:26:30 -0600 From: Bob Scott Message-ID: <36A82826.B652258@hotbot.com> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Non-TMBG Leffel Enterprises Inc Here's the deal for those of you wondering if this is all but a rouse in the clouded world of the information superhighway. I'll make this as brief as I can, which is several pages, though condensed, milk. I will appoint myself Leffel's agent, as he has done 17 times today, each time firing me immediately thereafter, so that I can explain how he plans to post to the list. Since the skiing accident, you may know that he has no control over any of his bodily functions, so his mere presence can disgust even Iva Irongut. Anyway, he'll be posting approximately once a week, on Tuesdays or Thursdays, so long as the H-Bomb project is put on hold. Otherwise, he'll post on Tuesdays or Thursdays. Of course, much like the late Iva Bigbottom, age 3, Mike will be irreverent as ever. And then there's me. The one who will try to fill his shoes the 6 days of the week he isn't posting. But mail him at Dragondata, and he'll get your message. But Mike is a very busy man, what with the movie and book deals after the recent 'incident' he was involved in. But I've said too much... I'd hate to be a bother so early in my Post (Premium), etc. lemoncurry@hotbot.com AKA Bob "Basil: the renegade sheep" Scott ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 01:30:30 -0600 From: Bob Scott Message-ID: <36A82916.852AB27C@hotbot.com> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: oh, bob scott? KdsInThHal@aol.com wrote: > In a message dated 1/22/99 2:09:38 AM, lemoncurry@hotbot.com writes: > > > I am found out :) But that was when I had contacts last year, and > >with all of the monstrous gas bubbles which occupy my face airbrushed > >out. This is the only reason Mike puts up with my insolence, I'm sure. > >That and the fact that I like Laurel and Hardy :P > > > > yah, but you're still cute. > > sarah ;) Damn you and your superintense sense of beauty! (Most people would be happy to have people swooning in the aisles, but as a writer, I just panic!:) Well, I'll post another pic before the night is through. lemoncurry@hotbot.com AKA Bob "Never giving away the true identity of the man behind the curtain" Scott ------------------------------ From: rhilton@bitc.org.uk Message-Id: Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 10:20:22 +0000 Subject: Re: TMBG: FANtastic UK show! More - sorry if we are boring you America! -Reply Yes of course I do! Apologies. Richard currently spiralling out of control. >>> "xornom@hotmail.com" 22/January/1999 09:27am >>> Richard wrote: >Spiralling Staircase- really really really rocked along Do you mean "Spiraling Shape"? Or is this a new song? >James K Polk - played as it has a reference to us handing you >Americans >back some land?! "And made the English sell the Oregon Territory" -- May you live in interesting times, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: rhilton@bitc.org.uk Message-Id: Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 14:09:12 +0000 Subject: TMBG: The Time Poll -Reply Can someone please please fill in the gaps:- 1.?? votes?? 2.Ric Flair votes?? 3.Adolf Hitler votes?? 4.Flansy votes?? 5.?? votes?? Richard >>> "K4ZK@MARISTB.MARIST.EDU" 22/January/1999 09:37am >>> Has anyone checked the Time poll lately? Well, I just did, and while Flansy is still in fourth, he's now got to topple Der Fuhrer himself if he wants to reach Der Wrestler. That's right. Ric Flair has recently toppled Adolf Hitler for number two on the Person of the Century list. Just keepin' y'all informed, Misty "Don Quixote swung at the windmill because he thought it was a giant." "That's crazy. Windmills aren't giants." "Yes, but they might be giants." ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 11:07:23 -0500 From: TDK Message-ID: <36A8A23A.D4C08620@cybercomm.net> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re: GABBO IS COMING! Hey Mike, my name is Mike Levy (kind of similar to your name), but most folks around here call me TDK. I have a TMBG page, have you seen it? :) -Mike http://i.am/tdk http://www.cybercomm.net/~tdk/tmbg.html ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 11:14:50 -0500 (EST) From: "(*)" Subject: nonTMBG: NEW Radicals Message-ID: Sorry to post about something completely irrelevant, but I have a question about the New Radicals. ARe they a Christian band? They have that whole "jesus" vibe. I am sure I could go look for this info on my own, but maybe one of you will know. I don't have any reason for wanting to know this....well, only to make sure that I really do posess the ability to judge a book by its cover. that is, if theNew Radicals were a book, and not just another almost-good band. thanks! olivia ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990122182841.13005.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: GABBO IS COMING! Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 10:28:39 PST Our Lord and Master, the Great, Grand, and Most Splendiferous Mike Leffel, Destroyer of Worlds, Protector of the Innocent, King of the Castle, and First Lord of the Treasury wrote: >IT IS THE RETURN.... > > >THE RETURN..... > > > >OF *ME!* > > >MUHUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA!!!! And there was much rejoicing. Now is the winter of our discontent brought to an end by...I don't remember the rest of the line. >Hugs and Bugs, >Mike "Quit Jivin' me TURRRRRKEY!" Leffel -- May you live in interesting times, Nathan "A turkey is a bad person" DeHoff DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990122183741.19873.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: GABBO IS COMING! Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 10:37:41 PST Jim Kuemmerle wrote: >On Thu, 21 Jan 1999, The Li'l Depressed Boy wrote: >> >there's no room for sanity here! Mike has returned! open the floodgates! >> >batten the hatches! shiver the timbers! circle the wagons! wag >> >the >> >dogs! rudolf the red-nosed reindeer! >> > >> Basten the turkey! Remove the communists! Kick the president out >> of >> office! Kill your boyfriend! Howard the Duck! > >kill the wabbit! take the long way home! doctor the worms! Lock the bells! Ring the windows! Chop the onions! Start the dicing! Drown the rats! Hunt the slipper! Cultivate the gardens! Fetch the stick! Do the hokey pokey! Frosty the Snowman! -- May you live in interesting times, The Nathan Shuffle's gonna put you all in your place DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990122191951.27221.rocketmail@send203.yahoomail.com> Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 11:19:51 -0800 (PST) From: Happy Cow Subject: TMBG: ALL HAIL THE ALBIGHTY AND EVER-POWERFUL MIKE!!!! Mike is back???? WOW!!! Thank God!!! I don't know how much longer anyone here on the list could've survived without.....HIM! Thank you, almighty Mike, we worship you! (It's sort of hard to do in writing, but I was trying to imply a hint of sarcasam there...) I don't want to offend Mike, or anyone else on the list, but WHAT THE HELL IS THE BIG DEAL??? I mean, he's just a person, for God's sake. Okay, so maybe I haven't been around on the list as long as some people, but I just don't understand why all of you are acting like he's the messiah or something. I'm not judging anyone here, and Mike, I'm sure you're a great guy, but I refuse to bow down and act like...like....well, act like something really good happened, even though it's just one more person back on the list. Just my $0.02....I'm sure you'll all shun me now.... == ~Connie~ "You've got two coconut halves and you're banging them together!" ICQ: 23230905 AIM: FlansieGal My HomePage!!!: http://www.angelfire.com/oh/tmbg _________________________________________________________ DO YOU YAHOO!? Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <000001be4640$90ffff60$e9c608d1@seanberg> From: "S. Bergeron" Subject: Re: nonTMBG: NEW Radicals Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 11:58:24 -0500 :Sorry to post about something completely irrelevant, but I have a question :about the New Radicals. ARe they a Christian band? They have that whole :"jesus" vibe. I am sure I could go look for this info on my own, but maybe :one of you will know. I don't have any reason for wanting to know :this....well, only to make sure that I really do posess the ability to :judge a book by its cover. that is, if theNew Radicals were a book, and :not just another almost-good band. No, they would have to improve to suck. They are not Christian, rather, they (I should say "he") model themselves after the radical movement of the 1960's, cultural stalwarts they were. If you have any questions about the movement, and why this guy is as smart as a box of hair, I urge you to read "Radical Son" by David Horowitz. Jack Bergeron, idiotnot@visi.net bluedawg@tmbg.org "Someday, somebody else besides me will call me by my stage name."--Doctor Worm http://www.tmbg.org/~bluedawg/ ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 13:10:40 -0700 (MST) From: Jim Kuemmerle Subject: NON-TMBG: the big deal with mike leffel explained. READ!! Message-ID: On Fri, 22 Jan 1999, Happy Cow wrote: > I don't want to offend Mike, or anyone else on the list, but WHAT THE > HELL IS THE BIG DEAL??? I mean, he's just a person, for God's sake. > Okay, so maybe I haven't been around on the list as long as some > people, but I just don't understand why all of you are acting like > he's the messiah or something. I'm not judging anyone here, and Mike, > I'm sure you're a great guy, but I refuse to bow down and act > like...like....well, act like something really good happened, even > though it's just one more person back on the list. > Just my $0.02....I'm sure you'll all shun me now.... (sigh)... one thing you should probably understand: this list is not as much about tmbg as it is about tmbg fans. we're basically a text-based community of friends, and the longer you're here (i can't remember quite when you joined the list, connie,) the better you'll get to know the people involved. i hadn't been on the list very long myself (august or september of 1997) when i got a triumphant post from Mike "John, John, ass all gone!" Leffel, rejoining the list after a nasty bout with a coma. and then, as now, there was much rejoicing. and it wasn't too much later that mike resumed his classic multiple posts per day of irrelevant, slightly manic hilarity. also about this time, i began a long and involved personal correspondence with mike. and i'm certainly not the only one who got to share this level and degree of communication with him. so when his computer crashed in early january 1998, he left a gaping hole with his absence. a number of people (myself, lil' depressed boy, joey groah, dylan flipse, arwen, jordan, and the like) continued to carry a torch for mike during his absence, and certain others (particularly LDB, mitch, and jen) kept the flame of irrelevant posts alive, even though (and correct me if i'm wrong) mitch and jen didn't know mike. mike even became part of the cycle of list topics himself, as somebody would make an offhand comment about how mike would have reacted to something-or-other, a small slew of us torch-carriers would chime in, and somebody new to the list would ask "so who's this mike 'tiny horses in mason jars' leffel anyway?" then at least LDB and i, usually others too, would try to explain what the mike "i need a stucc-o-mint" leffel phenomenon was all about. i guess you probably missed a few of those posts, connie. anyway. so here we are, january 1999, just over a year later, and mike "lazarus" leffel has returned to us again. please forgive us if we're a little happy to see our good friend again, healthy and in good spirits.... --jim kuemmerle, j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668/ ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 15:27:39 -0500 From: Sarah Subject: TMBG: Fear Of Pop and MIKE LEFFEL Message-id: <36A8DF3B.212A@wmich.edu> Woo-Hoo!!! 'tis such a happy day! I just got my Fear of Pop cd in the mail Yippie!!! AND, I finally have Moxy's "B" and the new Plastiscene!!! Sarah is happy (can't you tell) Also, just wanted to extend a warm welcome back to Mike. I caught a brief glimpse of the legend just before he dissapeared (which was right after i joined and quit for the first time). It's so nifty when familiar things come up, ezpecially since i was only here for a few months originally. ~Sarah "I don't need to walk around in circles" but i do. ------------------------------ From: linnel@snet.net Message-Id: <199901222033.PAA23008@pop.snet.net> Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 15:29:41 -0500 Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: the big deal with mike leffel explained. READ!! > > Just my $0.02....I'm sure you'll all shun me now.... most likely. be prepared. MWAHAHAHA! > one thing you should probably understand: this list is not as much about > tmbg as it is about tmbg fans. we're basically a text-based community of > friends, and the longer you're here (i can't remember quite when you > joined the list, connie,) the better you'll get to know the people > involved. awwwwww... how SWEET- sounding. ack. muffins. > so when his computer crashed in early january 1998, he left a gaping hole > with his absence. a number of people (myself, lil' depressed boy, joey > groah, dylan flipse, arwen, jordan, and the like) continued to carry a > torch for mike during his absence, does that mean that they were running across some country to run up a ton of stairs to light what looks like a big cup of fire while Olympic-type music plays?? (and i can PLAY that music, you know... entitled Olympic Spirit by John Williams, same composer of E.T, Star Wars, the Imperial March, that news show song AKA The Mission Theme, and the Theme from Jaws) and certain others (particularly LDB, > mitch, and jen) kept the flame of irrelevant posts alive, even though (and > correct me if i'm wrong) mitch and jen didn't know mike. now it is MY turn to sigh, for that is sadly true. yes, i arrived after the famed Mike had dissappeared. but i was around when he made a very brief, short-lived comeback. that is as close as i got to the infamy of the highly-acclaimed, spectacular show that is mike leffel. but i'll live. i think. maybe. it's questionable. i may need some more people named Frank, but i can try with what i have. > a small slew of us torch-carriers would chime in dun dun duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun > so here we are, january 1999, just over a year later, and mike "lazarus" > leffel has returned to us again. please forgive us if we're a little > happy to see our good friend again, healthy and in good spirits.... that could always change, you know. those paperclips are awful unpredictable. they can change size and shape... sometimes, when they're warmed up, they can be twisted into the shape of an elephant. jen -the one who causes you to run with scissors and throw things in a way that is fun until someone loses an eye. then the cow sings The Man of La Mancha. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <000601be4647$4f69aae0$5999e7ce@Balloon> From: "Balloon" Subject: Re: TMBG: Fear Of Pop and MIKE LEFFEL Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 15:39:28 -0500 Yes yes yes yes..I just got myself Fear of Pop today too...I LOVE IT!! Shatner in a song? what else could you ask for? well, how about shatner in two songs?? ha ha..I love this CD!! -Eric HellHotel@tmbg.org Http://i.am/HellHotel **************************************************************************** fruvous: (froo`ves)n 1. Magical monk-baked pastry loaf. 2.High stakes Mesopotamian board game. 3.Sound produced when yogurt dollops are dropped in searing liquid. adj 1. Unflappable(after legendary crusader Marion~) 2. Multi-legged and aural. see MOXY FRUVOUS **************************************************************************** Woo-Hoo!!! 'tis such a happy day! I just got my Fear of Pop cd in the mail Yippie!!! AND, I finally have Moxy's "B" and the new Plastiscene!!! Sarah is happy (can't you tell) ------------------------------ Message-ID: <003501be4647$cbb965e0$e9c608d1@seanberg> From: "S. Bergeron" Subject: TMBG: LIST: Leffel's return +OAT Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 15:42:51 -0500 Welcome back, Mike. Pull up a chair, grab a beer, and vote for Flansburgh in the Time poll. Fear of Pop....please explain. Hampton Roads fans: listen to 93.7 The Coast Saturday mornings from 12-6. Steve will play They....he's a big fan, and also quite a funny guy. Sometimes I go over there from the AM side and help him do bits.....96X will probably go back close to their old format soon. Still patiently awaiting the fleshfest..... Bluedawg.... Jack Bergeron, idiotnot@visi.net bluedawg@tmbg.org "Someday, somebody else besides me will call me by my stage name."--Doctor Worm http://www.tmbg.org/~bluedawg/ ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 16:02:07 -0500 Subject: Re: TMBG: GABBO IS COMING Message-ID: <19990122.160225.4726.2.Superman75@juno.com> From: Adam Schaaf hi. (sing a la "O Tannebaum") oh, mike leffel. oh, mike leffel. your last name is a palindrome. oh, mike leffel. oh, mike leffel at wal-mart, i bought a garden gnome. (i thought it over for half an hour, and that was the best i could come up with.) geez, mike's back. maybe we'll be twicely blessed will and we'll finally get OMLTs! your underking of pop trivia, adam schaaf * ------------------------------------------ Random Simpsons Quote "No. Now go away. We are racing of the title of champion of the universe." ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 16:21:13 -0500 (EST) From: "Kirsten L. Brodbeck" Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: the big deal with mike leffel explained. READ!! Message-ID: > so here we are, january 1999, just over a year later, and mike "lazarus" > leffel has returned to us again. please forgive us if we're a little > happy to see our good friend again, healthy and in good spirits.... Nicely said, Jim -- I couldn't've said it better. I remember that fateful summer where we all sat around saying, "So whatever happened to Leffel? Did he die or something?" only to find out that this suggestion wasn't too far from the truth. :} There was much rejoicing with the Man came back then, and there's much rejoicing now. Kirsten (glad to be back, as well) "All love is rhymed need." - Peter S. Beagle, _A Fine & Private Place_ ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 14:33:19 -0700 Subject: Re: TMBG: ALL HAIL THE ALBIGHTY AND EVER-POWERFUL MIKE!!!! Message-ID: <19990122.143321.4230.0.TMBgirl@juno.com> >but WHAT THE >HELL IS THE BIG DEAL??? I mean, he's just a person, for God's sake. How long should we give her? Seeing as how mike won't be posting everyday i'm sure it'll take a little bit longer for her to be "converted" than it did for us... any bets? take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html :::and a person for god's sake he is::: ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 16:55:09 -0500 (EST) From: Beth Connell Subject: Re: TMBG: GABBO IS COMING! Message-ID: I would just like to say: WOOOOOOOOOOO! The Leffel is BACK, bab-ee. I shall now bow down and worship. Oh yeah. Almost forgot. Hi, Kirsten. :) (She's gonna kill me. Dunno on which list she's gonna kill me, but she's gonna kill me...) Beth -<*>- http://www.cgicafe.com/~soulfire | "I want to raise my freak flag higher and higher..." -TMBG | "Rock Climbing, Joel. Rock Climbing." -Tom Servo, MST3K | "I love humans. Always seeing patterns in things that aren't there." -Dr. Who (8th Doctor) | Odangos, anyone? -<*>- ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 16:08:35 -0600 From: Bob Scott Message-ID: <36A8F6E2.C2709962@hotbot.com> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: ALL HAIL THE ALBIGHTY AND EVER-POWERFUL MIKE!!!! Happy Cow wrote: > Mike is back???? WOW!!! Thank God!!! I don't know how much longer > anyone here on the list could've survived without.....HIM! Thank you, > almighty Mike, we worship you! > > (It's sort of hard to do in writing, but I was trying to imply a hint > of sarcasam there...) > > I don't want to offend Mike, or anyone else on the list, but WHAT THE > HELL IS THE BIG DEAL??? I mean, he's just a person, for God's sake. > Okay, so maybe I haven't been around on the list as long as some > people, but I just don't understand why all of you are acting like > he's the messiah or something. I'm not judging anyone here, and Mike, > I'm sure you're a great guy, but I refuse to bow down and act > like...like....well, act like something really good happened, even > though it's just one more person back on the list. > Just my $0.02....I'm sure you'll all shun me now.... > == > ~Connie~ He won't shun you. Mike would never do such a thing. It's too simple. He'd hire people to hire other people to shun you. He has connections. Have you heard of the Illuminati? Well, Mike hasn't, and that's where his power lies: complete ignorance of all things which could be conceived as a threat to his power. How else do you think he became President 30 years ago? lemoncurry@hotbot.com AKA Bob Scott ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 16:16:58 -0600 From: Bob Scott Message-ID: <36A8F8DA.1D6AA1DF@hotbot.com> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: ALL HAIL THE ALBIGHTY AND EVER-POWERFUL MIKE!!!! tmbgirl@juno.com wrote: > >but WHAT THE > >HELL IS THE BIG DEAL??? I mean, he's just a person, for God's sake. > > How long should we give her? Seeing as how mike won't be posting > everyday i'm sure it'll take a little bit longer for her to be > "converted" than it did for us... > any bets? There's an upside here: I'll be posting all the time, and I have known Mike and communicated with him in person and via computer BBS's for about 5 years now, and in person, people think we're actually the same person (very confused, old, poor-visioned people, of course :). So although the Leffel won't be posting constantly, I probably will, when I'm not writing (which is most of the time). lemoncurry@hotbot.com AKA Bob "you may already be a winner" Scott http://members.theglobe.com/bobscott/default.html ------------------------------ From: "Lee Steel" Subject: RE: TMBG: ALL HAIL THE ALBIGHTY AND EVER-POWERFUL MIKE!!!! Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 17:22:12 -0500 Message-ID: <000001be4655$a8694bb0$104f4ccf@BETALAB01> Really, perhaps this Mike guy should start his own band. Sounds like he would sell a ton of albums right off the bat. ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 17:32:12 -0500 (EST) From: "Kirsten L. Brodbeck" Subject: Re: TMBG: GABBO IS COMING! Message-ID: On Fri, 22 Jan 1999, Beth Connell wrote: > Oh yeah. Almost forgot. Hi, Kirsten. :) > (She's gonna kill me. Dunno on which list she's gonna kill me, but she's > gonna kill me...) Nah, I'll just snub you when I'm rich an' famous. Kirsten/Crow ;) "All love is rhymed need." - Peter S. Beagle, _A Fine & Private Place_ ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.6.32.19990122162416.00895960@pop.mindspring.com > Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 16:24:16 -0600 From: "The Li'l Depressed Boy" Subject: RE: TMBG: ALL HAIL THE ALBIGHTY AND EVER-POWERFUL MIKE!!!! At 05:22 PM 1/22/99 -0500, you wrote: >Really, perhaps this Mike guy should start his own band. Sounds like he >would sell a ton of albums right off the bat. > Well Leffel *is* a part of *my* band, he plays guitar. Of course his first name is not Mike, so well, uh, he's kind of like Mike, not nearly as cool, but he is still daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn smooth. LDB -- http://www.lucidx.com/is My egotistical webpage, links to all the webpages I don't keep in my sig. -- http://www.mp3.com/idolv Download some of my music. -- http://members.xoom.com/MaxxIda/ The Official Sam Kieth Webpage - The Maxx IDA -- Contemporary Cartoon Militia is (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble and Kris W. M. Struble. | The Li'l Depressed Boy, Phreeck, Spyder Hunt, and all related characters (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble ------------------------------ From: GhostKrabb@webtv.net (Dexter Flansburgh) Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 14:31:24 -0800 (PST) Subject: TMBG: WOW!!! Message-ID: <20770-36A8FC3C-118@mailtod-242.iap.bryant.webtv.net> --WebTV-Mail-636587206-54 Content-Type: Text/Plain; Charset=US-ASCII Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7Bit You know. at first, I really didn't know what was going on with this whole "Return of Mike Leffet" thing goin' on. But then I read all of the postings and stuff telling about Mike, and how happy they are about his return to the list. Well, I just joined earlier this month, so I didn't ave the honor of experiencing Mike when all of the veteran members did. So I just wanted to say "Hi Mike!" I'm Dexter Flansburgh (aka: Dexburger), and I hope to end up with as many fond memories of you as the others have. Are you feelng alright? I know you've been through some battles with sickness. I want to make sure that every TMBG fan around the globe is in good health (if not, it worries me). I also want to say WOW, and I hope you all think of me the same way as you do Mike when we get to know eachother a little better. Your friend, Dexburger www.members.tripod.com/~LetterboxEdition/ --WebTV-Mail-636587206-54 Content-Description: signature Content-Disposition: Inline Content-Type: Text/HTML; Charset=US-ASCII Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7Bit --WebTV-Mail-636587206-54-- ------------------------------ Message-ID: <008601be4659$fa559920$e4431ecf@default> From: "Green Jello" Subject: TMBG: The Great Oklahoma Flesh Fest Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 17:53:04 -0500 I'm still game Bluedawg... but we just wait and wait and wait and wait. Brother John Green Jello ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 16:17:07 -0700 Subject: Re: TMBG: ALL HAIL THE ALBIGHTY AND EVER-POWERFUL MIKE!!!! Message-ID: <19990122.161722.3574.1.TMBgirl@juno.com> >. So although the >Leffel >won't be posting constantly, I probably will, when I'm not writing >(which is >most of the time). oh i see a batlle coming on. leffel vs. "bob scott" history will decide. take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html :::Upcoming shows: Cake, The New Radicals, Reel Big Fish, Long Beach Dub Allstars, and Sno-Core'99 (Soul Coughing, Everclear, Redman, & DJ Spooky)::: ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Message-ID: <3468f95c.36a908dd@aol.com> Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 18:25:17 EST Subject: TMBG: the volkswagon commercial - i've uncovered the secret. or something like that. http://www.dCubed.com/dan/jetta.html sarah ------------------------------ From: RabbiVole@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 18:35:58 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: ALL HAIL THE ALBIGHTY AND EVER-POWERFUL MIKE!!!! In a message dated 99-01-22 18:22:24 EST, tmbgirl@juno.com writes: << oh i see a batlle coming on. leffel vs. "bob scott" history will decide. >> mike leffel vs. aka bob scott, history will decide: professional writer versus list deity .. hm.. mike leffel: living legend or figment of smurflike imagination? bob scott's love child? chairman mau's fascist nephew? no, that's me. euphonium player? man behind the jesus/hitler/flansburgh trinity? ayn rand zealot? i never knew the guy, so i guess i'll let history decide. the jesus who shines mike leffel's shoes, jay. ------------------------------ From: Batbrain99@aol.com Message-ID: <367821e0.36a91b29@aol.com> Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 19:43:21 EST Subject: TMBG: Joining the Leffet Fever In a message dated 1/22/99 10:32:28 PM GMT Standard Time, GhostKrabb@webtv.net writes: << Are you feelng alright? I know you've been through some battles with sickness. I want to make sure that every TMBG fan around the globe is in good health (if not, it worries me). >> Well, I've been feeling a little under the weather lately... >cough cough< ... i will except any money donations however... strictly for the medical purposes, of course... On a second note.. Hey Mike! I dont believe I know you either, but my name is David Cherry, but i go by batbrain. Feel lucky, I believe thats the first time I've posted my real name. Or is it...? Anyhoo, I dont understand the Leffet (correct spelling?) Fever myself, but you can consider me a fan. ::waves freak flag:: We're number one! We're number one! ~Bat"I actually have a freak flag" Brain ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 19:38:37 -0600 From: Bob Scott Message-ID: <36A9281C.9D95A7D9@hotbot.com> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: ALL HAIL THE ALBIGHTY AND EVER-POWERFUL MIKE!!!! Lee Steel wrote: > Really, perhaps this Mike guy should start his own band. Sounds like he > would sell a ton of albums right off the bat. That's actually the title of his newest album: "This Mikey Guy Should Start His Own Band." Look for it in stores sometime next millenium. lemoncurry@hotbot.com AKA Bob "Rasputin" Scott ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199901230142.UAA06936@fellspt.charm.net> From: "Matt James" Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 20:40:31 -0500 Subject: TMBG: matt's life savings Hey Mike Leffel, greetings to you, Well, TMBG have yet to release their new (studio) album, Matt's Life Savings. I'm still waiting in anticipation. Let us shake that fascist groove thang, Matt Matt James mattj@charm.net ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 19:41:17 -0600 From: Bob Scott Message-ID: <36A928BC.533A450A@hotbot.com> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: ALL HAIL THE ALBIGHTY AND EVER-POWERFUL MIKE!!!! tmbgirl@juno.com wrote: > >. So although the > >Leffel > >won't be posting constantly, I probably will, when I'm not writing > >(which is > >most of the time). > > oh i see a batlle coming on. leffel vs. "bob scott" history will decide. > > take it easy, JOrdaN > No, Leffel and I called a truce long ago, foreseeing just such a battle. Unless he really is Mabus, as he claims to be. In that case, I suggest you hide your beanie babies, cuz it's gonna be raining lead... A pencil rain, perhaps? lemoncurry@hotbot.com AKA Travis "Blowing his cover for once" Plummer ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 19:43:06 -0600 From: Bob Scott Message-ID: <36A9292A.10764486@hotbot.com> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: ALL HAIL THE ALBIGHTY AND EVER-POWERFUL MIKE!!!! --------------CF3A2EB2106E99ACDB26189E Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit RabbiVole@aol.com wrote: > mike leffel vs. aka bob scott, history will decide: professional writer versus > list deity .. hm.. Bwahaha! Professional!!! Bwahahaha! Ooh! Donuts! lemoncurry@hotbot.com AKA Bob "That's not my bald spot!" Scott --------------CF3A2EB2106E99ACDB26189E Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit RabbiVole@aol.com wrote:
mike leffel vs. aka bob scott, history will decide: professional writer versus
list deity .. hm..
Bwahaha! Professional!!! Bwahahaha! Ooh! Donuts!

lemoncurry@hotbot.com
AKA Bob "That's not my bald spot!" Scott --------------CF3A2EB2106E99ACDB26189E-- ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 20:58:51 -0500 Subject: Re: TMBG: Joining the Leffet Fever Message-ID: <19990122.205901.9150.0.captainmarvel2@juno.com> From: Derek A Klein >Leffet (correct spelling?) Nope. It's "Leffel". Derek "What is everyone staring at?" ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Message-ID: <1b2f8310.36a92d7e@aol.com> Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 21:01:34 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: Joining the Leffet Fever In a message dated 1/22/99 9:00:41 PM, captainmarvel2@juno.com writes: >>Leffet (correct spelling?) > >Nope. It's "Leffel". palindrome, remember? sarah palindrome sarah ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 21:08:11 -0500 Subject: TMBG: Interps Message-ID: <19990122.210824.-191661.0.gray42@juno.com> From: Claire V Gray Listee's tend to interperet TMBG's lyrics alot. I don't interpret songs often, but when I do, it's usually TMBG. It would probably be stupid to say that TMBG is the only group to invite such actions, without proof. To all the listees who like to interpret lyrics, which groups do you interpret the most, if it is TMBG, say so, and name the 2nd up, it would be an interesting statistics pole :) Mysterio Gal (nerd) "Trink Ziegeblut in eine Kanne!" --Das Hooded Rat MST3K#88182 ICQ#9585405 gray42@juno.com, send attachments to mr_realgal@yahoo.com http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 The Official Project Omicrom website: www.geocities.com/SoHo/Square/9007 ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 22:38:58 -0700 (MST) From: Jim Kuemmerle Subject: NON-TMBG: leffEl palindrome lEffel Message-ID: On Fri, 22 Jan 1999 KdsInThHal@aol.com wrote: > sarah palindrome sarah remember back in (what was it?) february or so last year, when we had that big letter palindrome vs. word palindrome discussion? my submission for the longest original letter palindrome was as follows: > a warning for the president-elect of the union of tmbg fans NOT to > unnecessarily bug the president of south korea with another one of his > oddball questions: > > ** mike "risks at nod a tall e" leffEl, /el lata/ don't ask sire Kim! ** > > (lata is, i think, spanish for 'pest' or 'bore': i'm not sure whether it > should be masculine or feminine.) --jim kuemmerle, who admits that this is a rather lame palindrome and challenges you all to one-up it... j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668/ ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.3.32.19990123004629.006a3b3c@goshen.edu> Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 00:46:29 -0500 From: "Amanda Heggen" Subject: TMBG: Thank You I just wanted to say 'thank you' to whoever it was that posted the message about TMBG's concert in Ohio next weekend. Thanks to you, I will be seeing Them for the first time ever, and I've been waiting 9 years for this (since sixth grade). I can't tell you thanks enough. Thank you thank you thank you. My stomach is getting all knotty from excitement already. ~Amanda ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 22:47:48 -0700 (MST) From: Jim Kuemmerle Subject: Re: TMBG: Interps Message-ID: On Fri, 22 Jan 1999, Claire V Gray wrote: > To all the listees who like to interpret lyrics, which groups do you > interpret the most, if it is TMBG, say so, and name the 2nd up, it would > be an interesting statistics pole :) i'll bite. TMBG is far and away my most frequently-interped band. second, i would say perhaps, hmm... that's a tough one. prolly simon & garfunkel. there aren't many bands around these days whose lyrics just out-and-out *dare* you to interpret them as much as TMBG's do... --jim kuemmerle, who finds linnell's lyrics much more fun to interpret than flansburghs for similar reasons... j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668/ ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990123055058.28091.rocketmail@send103.yahoomail.com> Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 21:50:58 -0800 (PST) From: John Erskine Subject: TMBG: duh <<(It's sort of hard to do in writing, but I was trying to imply a hint of sarcasam there...>> try ~s~ that generally means that the previous statement was meant to be sarcastic. <> i wouldn't worry about offending mike, personally i don't give a flying fuck who i offend because i probably will never see any of you face to face so you can all just sit back and hate your monitors while reading my posts. <> on this list it seems to me that your short post is worth about $40 seeing as how everything else is a one line post about absolutely nothing except Mike Fluff n Puff of whatever <<"You've got two coconut halves and you're banging them together!">> i must say that you have impecible taste, you like tmbg, monty python, and you don't like mike fluff r nutt <> no shit did he really write all of that music ~s~ (you see how i did that) <> maybe he should start his own list so that we could talk about tmbg or other related events on this one <> poor, sick boy! you gave in already i really hope that some of the rest of you will hold out a little longer <. why wait just snub her now and pretend that your rich and famous now <<~Bat"I actually have a freak flag" Brain>> are you trying to brag <> did this make sense to anyone else. just wondering if there is a point to anything on this list John "I'm your only friend, i'm not your only friend, but really i'm a little glowing friend, but really i'm not actually your friend." _________________________________________________________ DO YOU YAHOO!? Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 23:11:44 -0700 (MST) From: Jim Kuemmerle Subject: Re: TMBG: duh Message-ID: On Fri, 22 Jan 1999, John Erskine wrote: up front, i would like to offer my apologies to everybody else, save john erskine, who really... uh... gets my goat. > i wouldn't worry about offending mike, personally i don't give a > flying fuck who i offend because i probably will never see any of you > face to face so you can all just sit back and hate your monitors while > reading my posts. ah. fiiiiiine logic there. right up there with ted "i don't give a flying fuck who i offend because i probably will never see any of you face to face so you can all just sit back and hate your local postal workers while opening my mail bombs" kaczynski (sp?). you bastard. > maybe he should start his own list so that we could talk about tmbg or > other related events on this one hm. you *must* be new here. > poor, sick boy! you gave in already i really hope that some of the > rest of you will hold out a little longer oy... > <. > > why wait just snub her now and pretend that your rich and famous now why did you see fit to comment on *that*?? there was nothing even approaching a serious tone in that. are you just *trying* to make enemies? > are you trying to brag (snip) > did this make sense to anyone else. just to review: questions usually have a question mark at the end. not a period, not a blank space. you're really giving me a headache. > just wondering if there is a point to anything on this list nope. if you're looking for a point, take your goat molester address and find some other list. --jim kuemmerle, who's not exactly in the mood to put up with shit like this tonight.... j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668/ ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 00:12:17 -0600 From: Bob Scott Message-ID: <36A96841.346AEAC9@hotbot.com> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re: grrrr... (Was: duh) John Erskine wrote: > < you > hide your beanie babies, cuz it's gonna be raining lead... A pencil > rain, > perhaps?>> > > did this make sense to anyone else. just wondering if there is a > point to anything on this list > > John > > "I'm your only friend, i'm not your only friend, but really i'm a > little glowing friend, but really i'm not actually your friend." He quotes one of the most popular TMBG songs, doesn't recognize the (blatant) Pencil Rain reference, and claims to be a bigger fan than those heralding Leffel? Egad! Word of advice: Read the posts that interest you, Sir Erskine ~s~. If you see Leffel in the subject line, ignore that post. Your life will be far less interesting, but hey, just don't drag everyone else down with ya. And he probably doesn't even like traffic lights! To top it off, he responded to me as though I were the person I had responded to in the message he was responding to. Now I'm confused... lemoncurry@hotbot.com AKA Bob "Don't even think of moving my chair!" Scott http://members.theglobe.com/bobscott/default.html ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #14-23 ******************************