Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #14-24 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 14, Number 24 Sunday, 24 January 1999 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: ALL HAIL THE ALMIGHTY...aw, fuck it. TMBG: mostly about TMBG and rap... Re: TMBG: Interps Re: TMBG: ALL HAIL THE ALMIGHTY...aw, fuck it. TMBG: ALL HAIL THE ALMIGHTY...aw, fuck it. TMBG: revolution giga-pet Re: TMBG: ALL HAIL THE ALMIGHTY...aw, fuck it. TMBG: How To Be Like Mike Leffel! (Get A Life!) Re: TMBG: ALL HAIL THE ALMIGHTY...aw, fuck it. Re: TMBG: duh Re: TMBG: duh TMBG: Dylan Flipse has returned! TMBG: The Human Mind: A Users Manual Re: TMBG: FANtastic UK show! More - sorry if we are boring you America! Re: nonTMBG: NEW Radicals NON-TMBG:The Death-Defying Return of MIKE LEFFEL! Re: TMBG: Dylan Flipse has returned! TMBG: On topic, for once :) TMBG: flans in the onion. tee hee. Re: TMBG: flans in the onion. tee hee. Re: TMBG: The Human Mind: A Users Manual Re: TMBG: duh Re: TMBG: On topic, for once :) Re: TMBG: mostly about TMBG and rap... Re: TMBG: Thank You TMBG: Another Dream!? Good Lord! TMBG: Mix Tape! NON-TMBG: Mr. Erskine Re: TMBG: Another Dream!? Good Lord! TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #14-22 Re: TMBG: Another Dream!? Good Lord! Re: TMBG: Another Dream!? Good Lord! Re: TMBG: Mix Tape! NONTMBG: Laura Cantrell (and therefore sort of TMBG, I suppose!) Re: TMBG: On topic, for once :) TMBG: Rock and Roll Jeopardy Re: TMBG: Rock and Roll Jeopardy Re: TMBG: duh TMBG: TMBG-off topic posts TMBG: Re: TMBG-off topic posts Re: TMBG: duh Re: TMBG: How To Be Like Mike Leffel! (Get A Life!) Re: NONTMBG: Laura Cantrell (and therefore sort of TMBG, I suppose!) re: TMBG: duh Re: TMBG: duh Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 01:12:13 -0600 (CST) From: bill tatalovich Subject: Re: TMBG: ALL HAIL THE ALMIGHTY...aw, fuck it. Message-ID: On Fri, 22 Jan 1999 tmbgirl@juno.com wrote: > >but WHAT THE > >HELL IS THE BIG DEAL??? I mean, he's just a person, for God's sake. > > How long should we give her? Seeing as how mike won't be posting > everyday i'm sure it'll take a little bit longer for her to be > "converted" than it did for us... > any bets? Two years, and I'm still not "converted." Welcome back, Mike...at least now you'll be around to respond to queries about your existence. Mike's your friend....that's great. I'll just sit here, finger poised on the delete key. Oh....anyone thought about TMBG doing a show with a rap group? Strange question, I know...in the coming months, maybe that will come to fruition. I love times like this...just normally, I'm in the majority. The "Confused? I should say so" Rev np: Helmet--Meantime |~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~| | Reverend Bill Tatalovich | Home page: | | | http://students.cec.wustl.edu/~wt3/ | | wt3@cec.wustl.edu |~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ | personnel@kwur.wustl.edu | | emogeek@hotmail.com | ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 00:24:39 -0700 (MST) From: Jim Kuemmerle Subject: TMBG: mostly about TMBG and rap... Message-ID: On Sat, 23 Jan 1999, bill tatalovich wrote: > Two years, and I'm still not "converted." Welcome back, Mike...at least > now you'll be around to respond to queries about your existence. > > Mike's your friend....that's great. I'll just sit here, finger poised on > the delete key. party pooper. ;) oh, well... to each their own... > Oh....anyone thought about TMBG doing a show with a rap group? Strange > question, I know...in the coming months, maybe that will come to fruition. not so strange, i'm thinking, considering how mono puff played with double dong. personally, i have trouble thinking of a rap group that would go well with tmbg, but rap isn't exactly my area of expertise either. i suspect that early de la soul would have gone well, but that posdnous et al. wouldn't have gone for it, considering how they didn't like the fact that 3 ft. high and rising was getting them typecast into a hippie-rap mold. (hippie-hop? somehow that just sounds wrong...) i also have a suspicion that a concert with tmbg and the beastie boys would be just a helluva lot of fun. (although this may need to be taken wi' a grain of salt, considering i *still* haven't heard 'hello nasty'...) --jim kuemmerle, who's been a little busy with other music. so sue me. :) j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668/ ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 03:01:41 -0500 (EST) From: "Kirsten L. Brodbeck" Subject: Re: TMBG: Interps Message-ID: On Fri, 22 Jan 1999, Jim Kuemmerle wrote: > i'll bite. TMBG is far and away my most frequently-interped band. > second, i would say perhaps, hmm... that's a tough one. prolly simon & > garfunkel. Ditto. Although Tori Amos is probably another one I at least attempt to interpret. Even if sometimes I think she's just singing whatever comes to her head first. Not that there's anything WRONG with that... ;) Kirsten "All love is rhymed need." - Peter S. Beagle, _A Fine & Private Place_ ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 03:14:28 -0500 (EST) From: "Kirsten L. Brodbeck" Subject: Re: TMBG: ALL HAIL THE ALMIGHTY...aw, fuck it. Message-ID: On Sat, 23 Jan 1999, bill tatalovich wrote: 'Ello Bill. Good to see you're still here. :) > Oh....anyone thought about TMBG doing a show with a rap group? > Strange question, I know...in the coming months, maybe that will come > to fruition. What about Double Dong? Or wait, that was with Mono Puff, wasn't it? Kirsten "All love is rhymed need." - Peter S. Beagle, _A Fine & Private Place_ ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Message-ID: <9c79340b.36a984c9@aol.com> Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 03:14:01 EST Subject: TMBG: ALL HAIL THE ALMIGHTY...aw, fuck it. i've gotta say; this is my favourite subject header, ever. i love you guys. :) content: i got some pics from tmbgirl jordan in the mail today and i've been scanning them, yay! lovely ones of out beloved johns (and a couple fruvous). so there. sarah np: jale... song: "nine years now" ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 02:33:53 -0600 Subject: TMBG: revolution giga-pet Message-ID: <19990123.023356.16382.0.khurby@juno.com> From: best if served hot! this online community of tmbg fans that your list is ... it's a real super thing. all this mike leffel business, however, well, i'm sad to say, has left me out in the cold. i feel alone and alienated by leffel's apparent second-coming. i'm really new to all this and really really in the dark. open the door, let me in. i wanna be the hardcore cynic of your group. i wanna be in charge of bringing stuff down. i do it in a hap hap happy way. it's a commendable thing, really it is. so i need to get me some friends, be my friends, i'll give you cookies, i bake bad ass cookies. bad like micheal jackson bad. bad meaning good. ass following bad. not that my cookies taste like ass. mike k . online superstar ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 03:27:05 -0600 (CST) From: bill tatalovich Subject: Re: TMBG: ALL HAIL THE ALMIGHTY...aw, fuck it. Message-ID: On Sat, 23 Jan 1999 KdsInThHal@aol.com wrote: > i've gotta say; this is my favourite subject header, ever. > > i love you guys. :) Wow...I feel special now. A small bit of bad mood on my part is recognized by Sarah as one of her favorite (and she even spelled it with a "u"!) subject headings. Jeez...that sounded sarcastic. It wasn't, I swear! I'm really touched! (that's not helping, is it?) By the way....for those of you who were thinking of listening to my radio show, there's been a small change. I am now doing my show weekly on saturday (today, officially), from 5 pm until 7 pm central time. Again, the URL is http://kwur.wustl.edu, and if you're in St. Louis, good luck getting it on the dial at 90.3 FM. This message brought to you by the Bill-likes-it-when-people-listen-to-him Foundation. Have a nice day. The Rev |~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~| | Reverend Bill Tatalovich | Home page: | | | http://students.cec.wustl.edu/~wt3/ | | wt3@cec.wustl.edu |~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ | personnel@kwur.wustl.edu | | emogeek@hotmail.com | ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ------------------------------ Message-ID: <36A99594.64B2E90B@pacificnet.net> Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 02:25:46 -0700 From: Gary Subject: TMBG: How To Be Like Mike Leffel! (Get A Life!) John Erskine wrote: >maybe he [Mike Leffel] should start his own list so that we could talk about tmbg or >other related events on this one Its not often I take the side of a self-proclaimed goat molester but he might be on to something. Some other lists have created a *second list* for off topic discussions. There's no need to get angry with Leffel though. Its not his fault. He didn't ask for this. (Sounds like he has more of a life than most of us.) The thing is the flood of praise is all pretty much sounding the same now ("lets all bow down and lick the sock lint out from between His holiest of toes" ...etc., etc. ) They really don't have much to say. It really doesn't bother me too much since its *sort of* list related and besides it will die down eventually. When someone else complains about too many off topic posts I MUST (by law) post my support. Actually all of you have been very good lately with keeping things ON topic (except for that colossal love and relationship thread that happened last week.) Thanks for the restraint. If you agree, show your support by NOT replying to this message. (Same for those that don't agree.) -B O N G O ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 06:58:23 -0700 Subject: Re: TMBG: ALL HAIL THE ALMIGHTY...aw, fuck it. Message-ID: <19990123.070143.4374.0.TMBgirl@juno.com> >Oh....anyone thought about TMBG doing a show with a rap group? >Strange >question, I know...in the coming months, maybe that will come to >fruition. once i had a dream that tmbg and run dmc had a show together... but uh, obvious question is... what school is planning on putting on the show and who's the rap band gonna be? when i saw coolio and the violent femmes, i realized anything is possible. take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 07:01:41 -0700 Subject: Re: TMBG: duh Message-ID: <19990123.070143.4374.1.TMBgirl@juno.com> the goat molester said: >maybe he should start his own list so that we could talk about tmbg or >other related events on this one hahaaa.... you knew it would happen... and this time it's not really even mike's fault cuz he's not the one that's filling up all the lists. It's us talking about him! that's perty damn funny. Anyways, go read the digests from when mike was around, okay? that way we don't have to start a flame war that's already been fought. You'll see that Mike tried to limit the number of posts he had, but when it dawned on everyone that the majority of the list liked him... the minority lost and hey, we got to hear what mike had to say. So as of right now, it looks like you're gonna have to hear all of us... the funny part is.... he did have his own fan club started... or at least i think he did, right before he split the first time. take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 07:10:38 -0700 Subject: Re: TMBG: duh Message-ID: <19990123.071042.4374.3.TMBgirl@juno.com> >up front, i would like to offer my apologies to everybody else, save >john >erskine, who really... uh... gets my goat. heh... i'm sorry... i shouldn't laugh... that was rude crude and highly unattractive *snicker* >hm. you *must* be new here. almost all of the people complaining are new... they haven't gotten the chance to see just what is the entity known as mike leffel. Give 'em a chance before you start flaming them... >> are you trying to brag >(snip) >> did this make sense to anyone else. > >just to review: questions usually have a question mark at the end. >not a >period, not a blank space. you're really giving me a headache. waitaminute... maybe he's trying to up and revolt against our system... i mean Faulkner did it in sound and fury. (hahaa, i almost typed "sound and furry") >> just wondering if there is a point to anything on this list > >nope. if you're looking for a point, take your goat molester address >and >find some other list. seriously... it's hard to have 100% tmbg content when TMBG isn't doing anything. we really don't have anything new and exciting to talk about. take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.3.32.19990123105933.0091ee20@mail.csrlink.net> Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 10:59:33 -0500 From: Dylan Flipse Subject: TMBG: Dylan Flipse has returned! Go ahead and kick up any hoopla you may have planned for this event. Really though, I've just been too lazy to post for the last seven or eight million seconds. I figure, however, that you can't have a Leffel-bration without me throwing out a few good words. Mike likes Douglas Adams. You could call Mike spineless, but that wouldn't be all that accurate. He's just got a little less spine than you or me. (Fellow anatomy buffs, please don't riot against me. I know that the sacrum and coccyx aren't technically the spine. You know what I mean.) Anywho, Jim "Dylan" Kuemmerle said it best, "this list is not as much about tmbg as it is about tmbg fans." I'm not gonna get into an argument with every single person who has been on this list for about two weeks, but John and John just aren't doing much we could be talking about right now. I mean, if the world was perfect, they'd have a new album every Tuesday, and in each there would be a hidden track we could all discover and name and tell everyone else about, and these hidden tracks would contain these cryptic clues, all of which we could collaborate on, and in the end these clues would tell us when the new Video Comp would come out. That'd be neat, see? However, the only one I have a problem with is John "Heeeere goat, goat, goat" Erskine. There are certainly many various mature ways to look at people you have contact with online, and the fact that none of them will have a chance to break your tailbone isn't so much one of them. Anyway, Mike rules. Dylan "Over one year without sending a post that doesn't contain the word "Leffel" and now with 30% more fiber" Dylan Flipse - dflipse@csrlink.net http://www.flipse.com-Just do it ------------------------------ Message-ID: <001f01be46f0$2c7df460$5a228a81@refund.rcn.nmt.edu> From: "Refund" Subject: TMBG: The Human Mind: A Users Manual Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 09:48:14 -0700 Hello everyone. With all this bickering about, it's been hard for me to concentrate. I'm just glad I don't have a text-to-speech program integrated with my email. Damn, that'd be a headache. Anyway, I've decided that I, Nick Wolf, TMBG Ambassador to the State of New Mexico, will become the great, and fair, equalizer in all of this. (Damn, what was that? 6 f***ing commas in that sentence?) To those of you who don't know who Mike Leffel is: Please don't get so upset at the rest of us. I can't, for the life of me, understand why you would get so bloody offended that we're talking about someone that we /apparently/ like. Do you do this at home? Do you get upset at your friends when they talk about their old college roommates or something? If so, I pity you. If not, then what's the problem here? If you check the digests, you'll find out what kind of person Mike Leffel was. He was funny. Very funny. To the point where you could be having a really shitty day, sit down to read your email, and get cheered up by his messages. Ok. End of side one. Please flip tape to side 2. To those of us who remember Leffel: Don't get all pissy with the people who don't remember him. Eventually, they'll get the idea that he's a cool guy, and calm the hell down. And, when they do, we'll once more have a united list. (Queue dramatic music) A list, not divided by petty differences, but united by a common goal! A goal of worshipping those who truly deserve it! Mike Leffel, and They Might Be Giants! :0) Signed, Nick "Don't forget to bring your rosary" Wolf, TMBG Ambassador to the state of New Mexico. "The effect? I'll tell you what the effect is! It's pissing me off!" Ghostbusters, the Movie. P.S. Visit www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Amphitheatre/5550/ The first Julie Plug tribute page in HISTORY!!! :0) ------------------------------ Message-ID: <001401be46f5$a7914580$b6b3a4c1@squid> From: "Uncle Squid" Subject: Re: TMBG: FANtastic UK show! More - sorry if we are boring you America! Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 17:27:08 -0000 >Dr Worm - only played once, not twice as in America recently I believe >Spiralling Staircase- really really really rocked along >Pet Name - sung in the dark(!) >SEXXY - hate the song on the CD, now beginning to understand it >James K Polk - played as it has a reference to us handing you Americans >back some land?! >Aga Ng >Mammal - we sang alone with the expertise of final year biology >students! >Birdhouse - of course >Istanbul - lovely introduction from both in the horn section >The Famous Polka >Spider >Exquisite Dead Guy - who else would have the nerve to sing to you >through puppets?! >They got lost > >and many more. Did anyone get the set list? You missed out the following I am not your broom Dig my grave Spy - with super-dooper out-tro Why does the sun shine? (TSIAMOIG) I can't think of any more but I'm sure there were some ? ------------------------------ Message-Id: <4.1.19990123123515.0092ca20@pop.mindspring.com> Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 12:43:57 -0500 From: Ben Bradshaw Subject: Re: nonTMBG: NEW Radicals I'd just like to warn you against the New Radicals. Don't even bother testing your bookreading abilities on them. They (he?) are (is) just about the worst music I've ever had the dishonor of owning. However, they may just be one impossibly tiny step up from the normal drivel they play on MTV. Despite this slight advantage, I would rather gouge my own eyes out with a mach 3 razor before recommending their cd to anyone. Oh yeah...about the Christian thing, I have no clue. Ben P.S. Anyone see fear of pop on Conan last night? Magnificent! "Well I think you're shit, you little turd dropper!"-Fear of Pop Take A Gander, part 2 http://www.geocities.com/southbeach/lights/5364 ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 09:45:42 -0800 (PST) From: Nicole Carlson Subject: NON-TMBG:The Death-Defying Return of MIKE LEFFEL! Message-ID: On Sat, 23 Jan 1999 owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org wrote: > Mike is back???? WOW!!! Thank God!!! I don't know how much longer > anyone here on the list could've survived without.....HIM! Thank you, > almighty Mike, we worship you! Yea! Verily, we do probate ourselves before you. Verily, we gravel at your feet. ALL HAIL MIKE!! > (It's sort of hard to do in writing, but I was trying to imply a hint > of sarcasam there...) Oh. Whoops... sorry, then. > I don't want to offend Mike, or anyone else on the list, but WHAT THE > HELL IS THE BIG DEAL??? I mean, he's just a person, for God's sake. > Okay, so maybe I haven't been around on the list as long as some > people, but I just don't understand why all of you are acting like > he's the messiah or something. I'm not judging anyone here, and Mike, > I'm sure you're a great guy, but I refuse to bow down and act > like...like....well, act like something really good happened, even > though it's just one more person back on the list. Sit down on this comfy chair and have some yummy green tea (mmm... tea.), little grasshopper, you have much to learn and we have but little time to teach you. The Great Mike Leffel is the guardian and personification of all that is silly, off-topic, or just plain Leffel-ish. It is in his honor that we all wear silly hats, plaid pants, and tie rubber chickens to our bumpers. What? You can't see them? Hmmm... we must not have recovered from that unfortunate invisible-ink episode... > Just my $0.02....I'm sure you'll all shun me now.... Of course not. :) > Still patiently awaiting the fleshfest..... Likewise... --nicole the wonder nerd *** "The few surviving samurai survey the battlefield. They count the arms, the legs and heads, and then divide by five."--They Might Be Giants Visit Nicolopolis! http://wwwcsif.cs.ucdavis.edu/~carlsonn nmcarlson@ucdavis.edu ana.ng@tmbg.org ncarlson@mail.arc.nasa.gov ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 12:20:39 -0600 From: Bob Scott Message-ID: <36AA12F7.6C622681@hotbot.com> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: Dylan Flipse has returned! Dylan Flipse wrote: > Go ahead and kick up any hoopla you may have planned for this event. Really > though, I've just been too lazy to post for the last seven or eight million > seconds. I figure, however, that you can't have a Leffel-bration without me > throwing out a few good words. Mike likes Douglas Adams. You could call > Mike spineless, but that wouldn't be all that accurate. He's just got a > little less spine than you or me. (Fellow anatomy buffs, please don't riot > against me. I know that the sacrum and coccyx aren't technically the spine. > You know what I mean.) > Anyway, Mike rules. > > Dylan "Over one year without sending a post that doesn't contain the word > "Leffel" and now with 30% more fiber" Well, sometimes it takes a village. Other times, it just takes Mike Leffel and his amazing flying ant brigade to bring back those who have strayed. TMBG is good. There, no complaining! They were mentioned! lemoncurry@hotbot.com AKA Bob "nodding violently" Scott ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 12:31:03 -0600 From: Bob Scott Message-ID: <36AA1567.C7F51DD5@hotbot.com> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: On topic, for once :) Well, sort of on topic. You may all recall the constant hype around Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon and The Wizard of Oz going together as though DSotM was written to go with the movie (sound turned off, of course). Has anyone found anything similar with any TMBG songs? Does Flood work as the background music to something like Hard Rain? Does Apollo 18 go well with Apollo 13? It may seem pointless, but it IS dealing with TMBG, although it may be like the whole Simpson-TMBG connection (which doesn't really exist), and we might simply create a connection between an album and a film. Once again, I'll shut up now. lemoncurry@hotbot.com AKA Bob "Where's my noseplugs?!" Scott ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Message-ID: <5c0345b2.36aa16c7@aol.com> Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 13:36:55 EST Subject: TMBG: flans in the onion. tee hee. http://avclub.theonion.com/pgs.html the first thing i thought when i saw the bespectacled guy was so obvious. and with the onion's history of tmbg references... ? who knows.. ~sarah. not that one. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <005801be4705$e21fdc60$d3431ecf@default> From: "Green Jello" Subject: Re: TMBG: flans in the onion. tee hee. Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 14:23:38 -0500 >http://avclub.theonion.com/pgs.html > >the first thing i thought when i saw the bespectacled guy was so obvious. and >with the onion's history of tmbg references... ? who knows.. > > >~sarah. not that one. bespectacled, I adore that word... I actually use that word on a near daily basis and that's the first time I've heard (read) someone else use it. damn, you're smooth sister sarah, of the kids in the hall Brother John Green Jello ------------------------------ Message-ID: <005f01be4707$4ffa4ee0$d3431ecf@default> From: "Green Jello" Subject: Re: TMBG: The Human Mind: A Users Manual Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 14:33:52 -0500 Nick TMBG Ambassador to the state of New Mexico wrote: >(Damn, what was that? 6 f***ing commas in that sentence?) Yes, there were 6, but I honestly didn't see them f**ing, they obviously have been in the past and didn't use protection, because look at how many are in THIS sentence. > To those of you who don't know who Mike Leffel is: Please don't get so >upset at the rest of us. I can't, for the life of me, understand why you >would get so bloody offended that we're talking about someone that we >/apparently/ like. No, we're talking about someone YOU apparently like. J/K, you can all worship Mike as much as you want and I won't complain... except to say that I'm jealous... I always wanted to be that popular. Someone obviously has a defective memory considering Mike wasn't "cool" to most of you until he got sick. I always liked his controversy... yet I never would dream of calling him a deity of any sort. > To those of us who remember Leffel: Don't get all pissy with the people >who don't remember him. Eventually, they'll get the idea that he's a cool >guy, and calm the hell down. And, when they do, we'll once more have a >united list. (Queue dramatic music) A list, not divided by petty >differences, but united by a common goal! A goal of worshipping those who >truly deserve it! Mike Leffel, and They Might Be Giants! :0) I thought you'd actually been paying attention since you joined the list... we are, at best, a dysfunctional family. hehehehe Wake up and smell the coffee brother!!! Brother John Green Jello ------------------------------ From: Batbrain99@aol.com Message-ID: <97e618fa.36aa26c2@aol.com> Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 14:45:06 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: duh In a message dated 1/23/99 5:49:23 AM GMT Standard Time, goat_molester1@yahoo.com writes: << <<~Bat"I actually have a freak flag" Brain>> are you trying to brag >> In those words... yes ------------------------------ From: Batbrain99@aol.com Message-ID: <593fb37b.36aa276f@aol.com> Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 14:47:59 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: On topic, for once :) In a message dated 1/23/99 6:34:11 PM GMT Standard Time, lemoncurry@hotbot.com writes: << Has anyone found anything similar with any TMBG songs? Does Flood work as the background music to something like Hard Rain? Does Apollo 18 go well with Apollo 13? >> Hey, I think you're right! The album "Lincoln" could very well go along with a documentary on Abraham Lincoln I saw once! I never thought of that. ~Batbrain (who is well aware of where the title of the album came from) ------------------------------ Message-Id: <23JAN99.17430735.0011.MUSIC@MARISTB.MARIST.EDU> Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 16:08:22 EST From: Misty Subject: Re: TMBG: mostly about TMBG and rap... >> Oh....anyone thought about TMBG doing a show with a rap group? Strange >> question, I know...in the coming months, maybe that will come to fruition. > >not so strange, i'm thinking, considering how mono puff played with double >dong. personally, i have trouble thinking of a rap group that would go >well with tmbg, but rap isn't exactly my area of expertise either. i Well, when TMBG played here at Marist (which is a college in Poughkeepsie, NY, for those of you who do not know), DAS EFX led off the show. I thought it was a pretty odd choice myself, but I went and listened to them anyway. Like you, I am not an expert on rap (in fact, I hate it--although I do have a certain fondness for old-school rap), so I thought they sounded, well, as good as a rap group or artist is supposed to sound. But I talked to rap fans I know later, and they said DAS EFX sucked. So, anyway, it has been done. Mistyu ------------------------------ Message-ID: <36A9F521.B6DD00EE@osu.edu> Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 16:13:28 +0000 From: Diana Kocar Subject: Re: TMBG: Thank You Amanda Heggen wrote: > I just wanted to say 'thank you' to whoever it was that posted the message > about TMBG's concert in Ohio next weekend. Thanks to you, I will be seeing > Them for the first time ever, and I've been waiting 9 years for this (since > sixth grade). I can't tell you thanks enough. Thank you thank you thank > you. My stomach is getting all knotty from excitement already. > ~Amanda Whoa, I just joined the list a couple of days ago. Could you send me this message? I am planning on going to this concert, but any extra information would be great! Thanks! Diana ------------------------------ From: IamSam98@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 17:00:40 EST Subject: TMBG: Another Dream!? Good Lord! Okay, last night, I dreamed of TMBG for the millionth time ... I was at the Chicago Planetarium alone and I was going to buy a ticket for the Omnimax show. I looked up to see who was next to me at the counter. It was none other than Linnell! He was standing there buying a ticket for the movie. I looked at him as he did it -- too scared to talk to him. He looked over at me and smiled. When he left, I tried to buy a ticket but I had no money! All of a sudden, I was in a black room with a closed stage. There were about 10 people in there. The stage curtain opened and Linnell and a few other people were on stage. Lin had a guitar, which was strange, but it didn't seem strange at the time. I had snuck into the room since I didn't have a ticket and people were looking for me. Thankfully, they never saw me. Feeny, a member of this list for those who don't know, was there and we were the only two people who had heard ot TMBG. We were singing and I noticed that Flansie wasn't there. So I asked Feeny, "Where's Flansburgh?" and he said, "Oh, he has a sore throat," while making motioning noises against throat like a throat being slit! I think that was when I woke up! -Samantha P.S. Euphs, Feeny! Euphs! ------------------------------ From: IamSam98@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 17:04:29 EST Subject: TMBG: Mix Tape! Today I was extremely bored and I finally got a perfect mix on a tape for myself. Well, it's my favourite TMBG songs. Most of them. I couldn't fit them all on a 2 hour tape, but I tried. Here's the track list. All songs are off of the original album unless noted. Side 1 They Got Lost A Self Called Nowhere Song Three Hall of Heads Exquisite Dead Guy S-E-X-X-Y No One Knows My Plan The Biggest One I Palindrome I Become a Robot - off of Then CD 2 Dinnerbell Chess Piece Face Rhythm Section Want Ad Statue Got Me High The World's Address I Walk Alone (Fingertip) End of the Tour A break and then some secret tracks... Space Suit Spider I Hear the Wind Blow (Fingertip) Fingertips (2) Side 2 Ana Ng Pet Name Greek Number Three - Then CD 1 Birdhouse - STD version AKA Driver Cage and Aquarium Don't Let's Start Kiss Me Son Of God Till My Head Falls Off - STD version Swing is a Word - Then CD 2 They'll Need a Crane Rabid Child We're the Replacements Spy Metal Detector First Kiss Hypnotist of Ladies A break and then the secret tracks... School children singing Particle Man - Then CD 2 Spider - STD version Please Pass The Milk (Fingertip) Fingertips (1) If you made it through the whole list, tell me what you think! Am I missing anything really important that you think I should add? -Samantha ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 17:28:14 -0500 From: Sarah Subject: NON-TMBG: Mr. Erskine Message-id: <36AA4CFD.6B46@wmich.edu> i have one question...... What's yer problem? ~Sarah "why can't we all just get along" Hurd ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 17:57:28 -0500 (EST) From: "Kirsten L. Brodbeck" Subject: Re: TMBG: Another Dream!? Good Lord! Message-ID: On Sat, 23 Jan 1999 IamSam98@aol.com wrote: > asked Feeny, "Where's Flansburgh?" and he said, "Oh, he has a sore throat," > while making motioning noises against throat like a throat being slit! I think > that was when I woke up! Golly... Why is it that Flans always seems to be evil and/or dead in everyone's TMBG dreams? Of course, he was just sort of crabby at first in mine, but... Kirsten "All love is rhymed need." - Peter S. Beagle, _A Fine & Private Place_ ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 15:02:06 -0800 (PST) From: Nicole Carlson Subject: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #14-22 Message-ID: > I don't care to ...bog down the list.. so I'll ...keep it short! ^_^ *blink* You're worried about bogging down the list? Who are you, and what have you done with Mike? (Just kidding) *big grin* Welcome back, Mike! We missed you!!!!! > Hullo! I'm back! (Kirsten grins broadly, then falters as her > words echo and everyone stares at her) Anybody remember me? I unsubbed > when I went to school, about August-ish. Before that, I was the > perma-resident; I think I'd been on the list for like two years. I > decided I'd better come back when I found out from my friend Nathaniel > that They played Chicago with Man or Astroman, and I missed it... Bastard > didn't even tell me about it until afterward. *siiiigh* Anyway, I'm here; > have I missed anything interesting? *squeal* Kirsten!!! Amiga mia, I missed you, too. O happy day, that brings such fondly-remembered friends back to us. > Can someone tell me where to go in CD Now to get to teh voting section? > Thanks. Go to www.cdnow.com. Look at the column on the right hand side. One of the entries says something like "Browse, Vote, and Win!" Click on it. Now look at the left-hand column, and click on something that says "Cast Your Ballot." Ta da! --nicole the wonder nerd emerging from hiding ------------------------------ Message-ID: <00bc01be4726$39acfc40$723d88cf@dcg> From: "redips76" Subject: Re: TMBG: Another Dream!? Good Lord! Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 17:15:10 -0600 -----Original Message----- From: Kirsten L. Brodbeck To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Date: Saturday, January 23, 1999 4:55 PM Subject: Re: TMBG: Another Dream!? Good Lord! > Golly... Why is it that Flans always seems to be evil and/or dead >in everyone's TMBG dreams? Of course, he was just sort of crabby at first >in mine, but... Odd. He wasn't any of those things in mine. The one dream of mine where he did something other than just sing and play guitar, he was very sweet. BTW, the dream involved me traveling with some old college buddies, and Flans and Robin were like our chaperones or something. Maybe people think that cuddly exterior is deceptive... ;-) Danielle ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 20:06:09 -0500 Subject: Re: TMBG: Another Dream!? Good Lord! Message-ID: <19990123.200624.-864265.1.gray42@juno.com> From: Claire V Gray > Golly... Why is it that Flans always seems to be evil and/or >dead >in everyone's TMBG dreams? Of course, he was just sort of crabby at >first >in mine, but... I have a theory on this subject. When I dream, I dream the direct opposite, or a fantasy world of my life. Flying dreams, when I'm scared of heights. I'm almost always a romantic, risk taking heroic adventurer, where in real life I'm spineless, sheltered, and thoughts of sexual activity still scare me. Get the picture? I I haven't seen someone in a long time, I dream that we're hangin' out. If I spend lot's of time with a best friend, I dream that we're worst enemies giving each other the silent treatment. Or I don't dream about them at all. As for John and John, and my opposite theory. Most people see Flansburgh as the outgoing and happy John. While they see Linnell as the John who won't talk to fans as much, is dark in personality, and wasn't there a show where Linnell was sick, and Flansie had to go on w/ out him? Believe me I love Linnell, his Evil (in a GOOD way) eye thrills my very heart. But in my dreams he is the happy-go-lucky outgoing one who "knows" I have a big crush on him. hehe I guess the preferation Of Linnell or Flansie in different Listee's minds also makes a difference. Another important factor is weather the dream was a nightmare or a fantasy. WOW dreams are fun :) Mysterio Gal (who was listening to beetlejuice while reading about the dream, and therefore got a BAD case of the willies) "Trink Ziegeblut in eine Kanne!" --Das Hooded Rat MST3K#88182 ICQ#9585405 gray42@juno.com, send attachments to mr_realgal@yahoo.com http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 The Official Project Omicrom website: www.geocities.com/SoHo/Square/9007 >Kirsten > >"All love is rhymed need." - Peter S. Beagle, _A Fine & Private >Place_ > > ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-Id: <23JAN99.22015421.0050.MUSIC@MARISTB.MARIST.EDU> Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 20:23:04 EST From: Misty Subject: Re: TMBG: Mix Tape! >If you made it through the whole list, tell me what you think! Am I missing >anything really important that you think I should add? > >-Samantha I must say, I'm amazed! It's a very good play list, and the order seems to flow okay. But, may I make a few suggestions (you don't have to heed my advice, but if you don't, you may risk invoking my wrath )? First of all, I know some people may be sick of it, but I just can't see a mix tape without having "Istanbul." I prefer the STD version to the Flood one, but that's just me. Secondly, I would also include "Meet James Ensor" (the wonderful STD version) and "James K. Polk" on the tape. And what three songs would I remove from the tape to make room for these three? "First Kiss," "The Biggest One," and "Pet Name." Good songs, yes, but I think the three I named are better. Make all these changes and you'd have a mix tape that would get my Seal of Approval. That is what you want, isn't it? Misty ------------------------------ Message-ID: <000101be4740$eb6338e0$5f2688cf@dcg> From: "redips76" Subject: NONTMBG: Laura Cantrell (and therefore sort of TMBG, I suppose!) Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 20:26:15 -0600 When complaining to another list about the lack of good radio stations in my area, someone pointed me to broadcast.com (an excellent site!), which pointed me to WFMU, a public station out of New York that broadcasts their stuff on the web. Anyway, they have a list of their most often-played stuff, and lo and behold, what do I find but this: Laura Cantrell, Not the Trembling Kind +3 It's not what's playing right now, but it's nice to know that she's getting some airplay somewhere. Tangent time... Ya know, Laura Cantrell reminds me of the Hello business, which reminds me of Linnell's solo projects (State Songs & House / Hall / Whatever of Mayors), which reminds me: does anybody if there's a way to get those 2 recordings by themselves without having to get the whole Hello catalog for those years? Or, does anyone who has the other Hello CD's from those years recommend them as a worthy purchase? Thanks in advance, Danielle ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 21:08:51 -0500 Subject: Re: TMBG: On topic, for once :) Message-ID: <19990123.211623.-864265.2.gray42@juno.com> From: Claire V Gray I find that Factory Showroom goes wonderfully well with the 1st Star Wasrs movie, especially Pet Name durring the bit where Han and Luke are arguing tee hee hee Mysterio Gal (too weird to live, to rare to die) "Trink Ziegeblut in eine Kanne!" --Das Hooded Rat MST3K#88182 ICQ#9585405 gray42@juno.com, send attachments to mr_realgal@yahoo.com http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 The Official Project Omicrom website: www.geocities.com/SoHo/Square/9007 ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 22:42:59 -0500 (EST) From: "Jason A. Glastetter" Subject: TMBG: Rock and Roll Jeopardy Message-ID: My roommate was watching RNRJeopardy & he said there was a question about TMBG (a TMBG song actually) on. He couldn't remember the question, though. jason "100% TMBG Content for the first time in a long time" glastetter ========================================= http://www.poingly.com Home of the infamous Poingly online game! ========================================= ------------------------------ From: wagner@mindspring.com Message-ID: <003301be474c$b522dcc0$964d56d1@computer> Subject: Re: TMBG: Rock and Roll Jeopardy Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 22:50:36 -0500 i think that the question was something like "this song by they might be giants was a hit in 1990" in the category "soul" (the answer being "what is birdhouse in your soul"). at least i think that's it, i'm not quite sure... david. wagner. wagner@mindspring.com >My roommate was watching RNRJeopardy & he said there was a question about >TMBG (a TMBG song actually) on. He couldn't remember the question, though. > >jason "100% TMBG Content for the first time in a long time" glastetter > >========================================= >http://www.poingly.com >Home of the infamous Poingly online game! >========================================= > ------------------------------ From: linnel@snet.net Message-Id: <199901240406.XAA02541@pop.snet.net> Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 23:02:50 -0500 Subject: Re: TMBG: duh > > < March, that news show song AKA The Mission Theme, and the > Theme from Jaws)>> > > no shit did he really write all of that music ~s~ (you see how i did > that) are YOU ~s~-ing at ME? huh? HUH? don't you worry... the mice will get you for this one... the mice who run throughout the mighty ocean eating mallomars and cereal... they will get you... jen -the one who causes you to run with scissors and throw things in a way that is fun until someone loses an eye. then the cow sings The Man of La Mancha. ------------------------------ From: linnel@snet.net Message-Id: <199901240500.AAA05249@pop.snet.net> Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 23:56:20 -0500 Subject: TMBG: TMBG-off topic posts i was just thinking... wouldn't it be contradictory to post complaining about off-topic posts? i mean, if you were to do so, wouldn't you be contributing to the off-topic posts because complaining about off-topic posts certainly has nothing to do with TMBG... or spaghetti for that matter. and whoever DARES to insult the spaghetti is sure to get a whipping... i mean, we ALL know THAT... You just THINK you know what you're talking about. But you don't. And then you die. And the communists win. ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 23:17:33 -0600 From: Bob Scott Message-ID: <36AAACED.15E1FF0A@hotbot.com> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re: TMBG-off topic posts linnel@snet.net wrote: > whoever DARES to insult the spaghetti is sure to get a > whipping... i mean, we ALL know THAT... > Well, I'm kinda partial to linguini, personally. And really, how off topic can pasta be? They might be pasta! Who are we to judge? lemoncurry@hotbot.com AKA Bob "Two Sheds" Scott ------------------------------ From: linnel@snet.net Message-Id: <199901240409.XAA07904@pop.snet.net> Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 23:05:54 -0500 Subject: Re: TMBG: duh > > just wondering if there is a point to anything on this list > > nope. if you're looking for a point, take your goat molester address and > find some other list. 562 cheers to jim! hip hip-drink goats blood- hurray! nah... i think the goat molester just wanted to seem clever... in attempt to take over the world from the mighty bowls... silly goat boy... jen -the one who causes you to run with scissors and throw things in a way that is fun until someone loses an eye. then the cow sings The Man of La Mancha. ------------------------------ From: linnel@snet.net Message-Id: <199901240412.XAA12164@pop.snet.net> Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 23:09:03 -0500 Subject: Re: TMBG: How To Be Like Mike Leffel! (Get A Life!) > > Its not often I take the side of a self-proclaimed goat molester but he might be on > to something. Some other lists have created a *second list* for off topic discussions. > There's no need to get angry with Leffel though. Its not his fault. He didn't ask for > this. (Sounds like he has more of a life than most of us.) > > The thing is the flood of praise is all pretty much sounding the same now ("lets all > bow down and lick the sock lint out from between His holiest of toes" ...etc., etc. ) They > really don't have much to say. It really doesn't bother me too much since its *sort of* > list related and besides it will die down eventually. > > When someone else complains about too many off topic posts I MUST (by law) post my > support. Actually all of you have been very good lately with keeping things ON topic > (except for that colossal love and relationship thread that happened last week.) Thanks > for the restraint. If you agree, show your support by NOT replying to this message. (Same > for those that don't agree.) i think that a TMBG list without off-topic posts is similar to a world where communistic smurfs roam over the country side and steal the mouse bread. but that's just what i think. jen -the one who causes you to run with scissors and throw things in a way that is fun until someone loses an eye. then the cow sings The Man of La Mancha. ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 22:44:56 -0700 Subject: Re: NONTMBG: Laura Cantrell (and therefore sort of TMBG, I suppose!) Message-ID: <19990123.224504.4366.0.TMBgirl@juno.com> >which pointed me to WFMU >Laura Cantrell, Not the Trembling Kind +3 first things first... When I got a copy of TMBG on the Frank O'Toole show (from way back when)... i did some research and found the FMU website. I had never even heard of "freeform radio", but was very impressed and intrigued by the entire entity.... Anyways, this past november, i flew out to NYC for a few shows... one of which was Michael Shelley, and opening for him was Laura Cantrell. Now, as many of you know, I hate just about every female singer i ever hear, but when i got Laura Cantrell's hello CD of the month club selection back in '96, i fell in love with it. (which was even stranger cuz it's not per se the style/genre of music i listen to). So needless to say, i was psyched for the show. Jump ahead another month or so... I totally hadn't thought about WFMU for a caouple of years until Michael Shelley mentioned to me that he was, at one point, a DJ over there. He also mentioned that Laura Cantrell currently had a show (saturday mornings kids!.. www.wfmu.org/) So of course i started tuning in to it whenever i was home/awake. Anyways, while listening to another show on fmu... someone mentioned that Laura Cantrell had put out a new CD entitled "Churches of the Interstate." Or else, that's the name of a single that she just released. Only downside was i couldn't find it anywhere... i did a lil bit of looking around (i'm tempted to really pursue it this time tho...) I know i asked you guys about this a while back but do any of you have any info? > does anybody if there's a way to get those >2 >recordings by themselves without having to get the whole Hello catalog >for those years? while i know they did, at one point, offer Linnell's CD's seperatly... last i'd heard, they were sold out. Any bootleg trader will dub 'em for ya tho (yeahyeah, so they're on tape... just find someone with a cd burner if it's that important to ya!) > Or, does anyone who has the other Hello CD's from >those years recommend them as a worthy purchase? YESYESYES!!!!! I try to explain to people just what an impact the hello cd of the month club had on not only my musical preferences/tastes but on my life in general. While I'm sure it won't do exactly that for everyone it does expose you to a lot of great stuff you would otherwise not listen to... I would recommend getting the monster pack (all four years) ASAP :) take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199901240549.VAA23993@geocities.com> From: Whirlpool Subject: re: TMBG: duh Date: 23 Jan 99 21:47:46 -0800 > Some Goat-Fucker Who Thought That Yahoo Mail Was Cool wrote: > > <<(It's sort of hard to do in writing, but I was trying to imply a hint > of sarcasam there...>> > > try ~s~ that generally means that the previous statement was meant to > be sarcastic. ..sorry, bud, but most the people who take up this attitude are responsible for one or more of three things. One: the moderation of the List. Basically, that means you CAN'T take the attitude of a self-righteous asshole, because chances are, you won't be ALLOWED to say shit like you are. Don't be starting flame wars. Two: starting a gargantuan thread. That much is obvious now, I suppose. Three: You think people won't react to your assholiness? You know, usually when I tell someone to 'fuck off' to their face, they get a little mad. Well, gee. I guess that's never happened to you, huh? Just ask Josh Buckland... no offense, Josh. > < HELL IS THE BIG DEAL???>> Uhh... if you had had the intelligence and the real concern to actually READ the posts about Mike Leffel, maybe you'd know. > i wouldn't worry about offending mike, personally i don't give a > flying fuck who i offend because i probably will never see any of you > face to face so you can all just sit back and hate your monitors while > reading my posts. Well, here's the deal. Sorry, man, but I suppose we'll all have to kick you off the List now because you're posting off-topic. Is your whole town full of enough TMBG fans that you realize that they're too common to not alienate? Most of the people on this List are TMBG fans, and pretty rabid ones at that. Also, most people are smart enough to realize it's not a List ONLY about They Might Be Giants, as much as some of us would like it to be. I think most of the threads have been worn out by now. Hopefully, you can clear your vision to see that it's a mailing list where we can associate with each other. Thanks for ruining the atmosphere of They and adding an element of self-righteous, ignorant bigotry with your closed mind and your open mouth. <<>> > did this make sense to anyone else. just wondering if there is a > point to anything on this list > > John Wow. That was the biggest spurt of self-righteousness on this List I've seen in a long time... especially since you're complaining about off-topic posts with a post about how lame someone is who you don't even know. You know, this happens every time Mike does something profound on the List. Last time, it was that he was "posting too much." Bullshit. Well, it appears that the ignorant (or merely impatient) masses of tmbg-list are warring against Mike "I scream, you scream, we all scream when pandas mate with our faces on Sundays" Leffel once again. Well, I hope he comes back. Then, hopefully, maybe, people will realize why he was so celebrated when he rejoined this List. By the way... is it me, or is it JUST the newbies complaining that they don't like the Leffel phenomenon? <<"I'm your only friend, i'm not your only friend, but really i'm a little glowing friend, but really i'm not actually your friend.">> Errr, Floodie, perhaps? Obviously, since he didn't recognize Pencil Rain. ...DAMN THOSE FAT HORNY PANDAS!! [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199901240550.VAA24645@geocities.com> From: Whirlpool Subject: Re: TMBG: duh Date: 23 Jan 99 21:48:55 -0800 > Some Goat-Fucker Who Thought That Yahoo Mail Was Cool wrote: > > <<(It's sort of hard to do in writing, but I was trying to imply a hint > of sarcasam there...>> > > try ~s~ that generally means that the previous statement was meant to > be sarcastic. ..sorry, bud, but most the people who take up this attitude are responsible for one or more of three things. One: the moderation of the List. Basically, that means you CAN'T take the attitude of a self-righteous asshole, because chances are, you won't be ALLOWED to say shit like you are. Don't be starting flame wars. Two: starting a gargantuan thread. That much is obvious now, I suppose. Three: You think people won't react to your assholiness? You know, usually when I tell someone to 'fuck off' to their face, they get a little mad. Well, gee. I guess that's never happened to you, huh? Just ask Josh Buckland... no offense, Josh. > < HELL IS THE BIG DEAL???>> Uhh... if you had had the intelligence and the real concern to actually READ the posts about Mike Leffel, maybe you'd know. > i wouldn't worry about offending mike, personally i don't give a > flying fuck who i offend because i probably will never see any of you > face to face so you can all just sit back and hate your monitors while > reading my posts. Well, here's the deal. Sorry, man, but I suppose we'll all have to kick you off the List now because you're posting off-topic. Is your whole town full of enough TMBG fans that you realize that they're too common to not alienate? Most of the people on this List are TMBG fans, and pretty rabid ones at that. Also, most people are smart enough to realize it's not a List ONLY about They Might Be Giants, as much as some of us would like it to be. I think most of the threads have been worn out by now. Hopefully, you can clear your vision to see that it's a mailing list where we can associate with each other. Thanks for ruining the atmosphere of They and adding an element of self-righteous, ignorant bigotry with your closed mind and your open mouth. <<>> > did this make sense to anyone else. just wondering if there is a > point to anything on this list > > John Wow. That was the biggest spurt of self-righteousness on this List I've seen in a long time... especially since you're complaining about off-topic posts with a post about how lame someone is who you don't even know. You know, this happens every time Mike does something profound on the List. Last time, it was that he was "posting too much." Bullshit. Well, it appears that the ignorant (or merely impatient) masses of tmbg-list are warring against Mike "I scream, you scream, we all scream when pandas mate with our faces on Sundays" Leffel once again. Well, I hope he comes back. Then, hopefully, maybe, people will realize why he was so celebrated when he rejoined this List. By the way... is it me, or is it JUST the newbies complaining that they don't like the Leffel phenomenon? <<"I'm your only friend, i'm not your only friend, but really i'm a little glowing friend, but really i'm not actually your friend.">> Errr, Floodie, perhaps? Obviously, since he didn't recognize Pencil Rain. ...DAMN THOSE FAT HORNY PANDAS!! [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #14-24 ******************************