Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #14-26 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 14, Number 26 Tuesday, 26 January 1999 Today's Topics: TMBG: TMBG Trading Cards Re: TMBG: TMBG Trading Cards TMBG: UK, new TMBG songs + news TMBG: Color of Print on A18 CD TMBG: Drive Off in a Pre-Owned Lincoln for Free! TMBG: UK Shows - Full Set Lists Re: TMBG: Color of Print on A18 CD TMBG: In the South... Re: TMBG: UK, new TMBG songs + news TMBG: TMBG on Dr. Demento! Re: TMBG: UK, new TMBG songs + news TMBG: pre-show music... Re: TMBG: duh Re: TMBG: Pre-Show Music Re: TMBG: UK, new TMBG songs + news Re: TMBG: On topic, for once :) Re: TMBG: THMB: Apollo 18 Re: TMBG: Mix Tape! TMBG: Non-Tmbg Re: TMBG: Another Dream!? Good Lord! Re: TMBG:Lincoln (the band) Re: TMBG: UK Shows - Full Set Lists Re: TMBG: Pre-Show Music TMBG: sailor/pirate music Re: TMBG: sailor/pirate music Re: TMBG: sailor/pirate music Re: TMBG: On topic, for once :) Non-TMBG: Dreams TMBG: Re: Ani DiFranco, Mono Puff, Direct From Brooklyn Re: Non-TMBG: Dreams Re: Non-TMBG: Dreams Re: TMBG: Re: Ani DiFranco, Mono Puff, Direct From Brooklyn NON-TMBG: "up up up up up up" and other new stuff... Re: Non-TMBG: Dreams Re: TMBG: Color of Print on A18 CD Re: Non-TMBG: Dreams TMBG: Planner Pics and Slow Conversions (Mix Tape) Re: TMBG: Re: Ani DiFranco, Mono Puff, Direct From Brooklyn Re: Non-TMBG: Dreams Re: NON-TMBG: "up up up up up up" and other new stuff... Re: TMBG: Planner Pics and Slow Conversions (Mix Tape) TMBG: Re: Mono Puff Re: TMBG: Planner Pics and Slow Conversions (Mix Tape) Re: TMBG: Planner Pics and Slow Conversions (Mix Tape) TMBG: Hi Honey, I'm Home! TMBG: Re: matt's life savings Re: TMBG: Hi Honey, I'm Home! Re: TMBG: Hi Honey, I'm Home! Re: TMBG: TMBG-off topic posts Re: TMBG: Hi Honey, I'm Home! Re: TMBG: WKTU Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 01:09:55 -0600 From: Bob Scott Message-ID: <36AC18C2.673A0134@hotbot.com> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: TMBG Trading Cards Ok, I'll try and keep this brief by starting this message with this sentence, thus making it less brief than it would have otherwise been. I recall finding, in my neverending search for TMBG memorabilia, paraphenelia, Ophelia, et. al., a page with a listing of TMBG Trading Cards. This wouldn't happen to be a list of all the cards mentioned in the past in this very org, would it? If so, wow. If not, why the hell not? :P lemoncurry@hotbot.com AKA Bob "Combing the Archives with a fine-toothed electric toothbrush" Scott ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Message-ID: <5f70c932.36ac191b@aol.com> Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 02:11:23 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG Trading Cards In a message dated 1/25/99 2:09:38 AM, lemoncurry@hotbot.com writes: > Ok, I'll try and keep this brief by starting this message with this >sentence, thus making it less brief than it would have otherwise been. > I recall finding, in my neverending search for TMBG memorabilia, >paraphenelia, Ophelia, et. al., a page with a listing of TMBG Trading >Cards. This wouldn't happen to be a list of all the cards mentioned in >the past in this very org, would it? If so, wow. If not, why the hell >not? :P AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! AKA's!!! (tmbgirl called it!) faaak! ::runs away:: but seriously. yessssssss... sarah ------------------------------ Message-ID: <312FD527DF9BD111A3BC00A0C941EC8570F9AA@EXCALIBUR> From: "Pickstock, Kevin" Subject: TMBG: UK, new TMBG songs + news Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 09:21:27 +0000 The second UK show was just as brilliant as the first, and featured two brand new Giants songs. One was a lovely Linnel-strummed ballad called "They'll Never Believe Me", the other was "Working Undercover With the Men" which was dedicated to the TV show The Mod Squad. Also in the set was the "CD fast forward" version of "Shoehorn With Teeth". They also appeared on the London radio station GLR where they played TEN songs live in the studio, Severe Tire Damage Theme; New York City; You're Older; They Got Lost; Turn Around; Don't Let's Start; Pet Name; Spider; Spy (an improv featuring who was at the Columbia Hotel, including the line "Kiki Dee Was Wasted"); and Instanbul. They also confirmed in the interview that the next project will be their album of children's songs called "No!" and they will be recording the next proper TMBG album during this year. Finally, what's the best address for sending a letter that's guaranteed to beread by the band? ------------------------------ Message-ID: <36AC368B.49054E9B@pacificnet.net> Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 02:17:13 -0700 From: Gary Subject: TMBG: Color of Print on A18 CD Yesterday, someone wanted to know why his copy of A18 is printed with BLACK ink (on the actual disc) when he saw another with SILVER ink. Then, another person responded by saying hers is WHITE. BLACK? WHITE? SILVER? ... which is it? Well I have two copies of A18 and on both of them the ink color is none of the above. Its GRAY! I think I can explain part of this. There is actually only one ink and a few different perceptions. It is actually a medium gray. Some people might describe this gray color as "silver" but its not. It might represent "silver" but to truly be silver it would have to be a metallic ink. If you see it as white its because of the way your holding the CD. If you first hold the CD at angle in which a lot of light reflects from the actual CD, the type gets a back-lit, silhouetted effect which makes the it look dark. If you *then* tilt the CD in a way that the light from the CD itself isn't bouncing directly into your eyes as before, you will see the actual print color. In contrast to to having seen it with the silhouetted effect, it will *seem* white but its only an optical illusion. I really cant explain the black version. I would ask that person to compare them side by side. [Phew! Anything to cover up the fact that the BLACK version is an ultra-rare promo LOADED with hidden tracks. Now I just need to con this guy into selling it to me and ... WAIT!... why am I telling you all this? Never mind ... ignore this paragraph! You didn't see it!] -B O N G O ------------------------------ Message-ID: <36AC4BDC.A35BB8D@pacificnet.net> Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 03:48:14 -0700 From: Gary Subject: TMBG: Drive Off in a Pre-Owned Lincoln for Free! With the recent talk of the band LINCOLN I though this might be a good time to do this. I bought Lincoln's album new when it came out about a year ago and its worth every damn penny! A few months ago at a used CD store, I found a copy in the clearance bin for 79 cents. At that price how could I pass it up? Last weekend a found ANOTHER copy of it also for 79 cents. (One man's garbage is another's gold.) Since many of you don't yet have this great album, I thought I'd offer them to anyone on the list that's interested. Because I'd feel like a cheap bastard if I asked you for 79 cents, I'm just GIVING them away (but you send SASE). The first *TWO* people who send me e-mail (directly, not to the list of course) each get one. If you are one of the first two, I'll give you an address to which you can send a CD-sized mailer with appropriate postage in stamps inside. Good luck! Disclaimers: 1. Open to all listees who don't all ready have the CD 2. This "Lincoln" is not the one by TMBG. 3. Each CD may contain one or more of the following: cracked CD case, "drilling" through case and/or back insert, "promotional use only" stamp on booklet. 4. I can not be held responsible for any Thanksgiving Day loss of appetite resulting from listening to "Carversville". - B O N G O _____________________________ "Just remember what the biker chick said that you're really alive when you wish you were dead." -Lincoln (not Abe) ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 13:33:55 +0000 From: Joe Keith Subject: TMBG: UK Shows - Full Set Lists Mon. 18/01/99 - The Garage, London New York City James K Polk She's Actual Size I Am Not Your Broom Twistin' Famous Polka Famous Polka (twice a fast) Battle For the Planet Of The Apes Older Spy Shoehorn With Teeth Particle Man Why Does The Sun Shine S-E-X-X-Y Istanbul Not Constantinople Spiralling Shape Ana Ng Mammal They Got Lost Pet Name Spider The Guitar Dr. Worm Encore 1 ======== She's An Angel Birdhouse In Your Soul Dig My Grave Encore 2 ======== Exquisite Dead Guy (with puppets) No One Knows My Plan (Conga Line) Sat. 23/01/99 - The Garage, London - JL said "If we screw it up no one's gonna know cuz no one knows how it goes." Subliminal Why Does The Sun Shine She's An Angel Working Undercover For The Man Don't Let's Start Meet James Ensor Older Racist Friend Shoehorn With Teeth Shoehorn With Teeth (fast forward) They Got Lost Particle Man James K Polk Birdhouse In Your Soul She's Actual Size Battle For The Planet Of The Apes I Palindrome I Spider The Guitar Dr. Worm Exquisite Dead Guy (Puppets) New York City Till My Head Falls Off Encore ====== Lie Still Little Bottle (Stick) Spy And finally, on Tue, 19 Jan 1999 14:05:44, tmbgirl@juno.com wrote: >hEY hEY! > >>and many more. Did anyone get the set list? > >more importantly... did anyone record the show? Yes - I videoed it, but PLEASE PEOPLE....... Don't ask for copies just yet, I am waaaaay too busy to sort the logistics out just yet - when I can I'll mail the list..... yrs Joe ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 10:21:24 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: Color of Print on A18 CD In a message dated 1/25/99 5:03:42 AM, ggr@pacificnet.net writes: > I think I can explain part of this. There is actually only one ink >and a few >different perceptions. It is actually a medium gray. Some people might >describe this gray >color as "silver" but its not. It might represent "silver" but to truly >be silver it would >have to be a metallic ink. well whatever. all i know is, that *my* copy looks as if you turned the cd over and printed the text on the playable side. sarah ------------------------------ From: "Stephen Shores" Subject: TMBG: In the South... Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 10:34:41 -0500 Message-Id: <19990125105039.26b81771aba811d2af730000b4839961.in@mail.orthotrac.com> >Anyway, I've been a fan of TMBG since 1990 ... *and* I'm living in >the >Southeastern U.S., which makes for an unsatisfying concert-going >combination. Needless to say, I was thrilled to see Robyn's post >about >getting Them to UGA. Are there any other fans on the list in the >South? Guess I would count- I'm in Snellville, not too far east of Atlanta. I've only seen one of their concerts- the one at Variety Playhouse in Little Five Points in October. Fantastic show... just wish that loser opening band would've had a shorter set! They also looked like they were rather tired... but they rocked anyway! I'd love to see 'em come to UGA, because my fiancee goes there. She's a recently converted TMBG fan, and has done a great job memorizing song lyrics, so at the next concert, she'll be able to be as obnoxious as me! :) Where are you from? Hopefully, I can find some local friends and we can go to the next concert together! Stephen ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 11:30:32 -0500 Subject: Re: TMBG: UK, new TMBG songs + news Message-ID: <19990125.113037.2846.0.captainmarvel2@juno.com> From: Derek A Klein Hate to tell ya, but neither of those songs are new. They'll Never Believe Me Now is actually called "Finished with Lies" (available at the DASOL Index), and the other is "Working Undercover For The Man", which has been played here in the US several times. They're not new, but they both kick ass. Derek "What is everyone staring at?" >and featured two brand new Giants songs. One was a lovely Linnel-strummed >ballad called "They'll Never Believe Me", the other was "Working Undercover >With the Men" which was dedicated to the TV show The Mod Squad. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <36AC9C8B.8DC3C1E9@btc.adaptec.com> Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 09:32:11 -0700 From: Russ Josephson Organization: Adaptec, Inc Subject: TMBG: TMBG on Dr. Demento! Dr. Demento played "32 Footsteps on his show last night! See http://php.indiana.edu/~jbmorris/FAQ/drd99.0124.html for more information! Russ -- WORK: HOME: STMicroelectronics Russ Josephson 1951 S. Fordham St. 1217 N. Aspen Dr. Longmont, CO 80503 Berthoud, CO 80513-1040 Phone: (303) 684-4722 (970) 532-0453 Fax: (303) 684-3020 (970) 690-1509 (cellular) mailto:russj@juno.com http://www.st.com http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/7158 ------------------------------ From: Matt James Message-Id: <199901251654.LAA10674@fellspt.charm.net> Subject: Re: TMBG: UK, new TMBG songs + news Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 11:54:08 -0500 (EST) > Hate to tell ya, but neither of those songs are new. They'll Never > Believe Me Now is actually called "Finished with Lies" (available at the > DASOL Index), and the other is "Working Undercover For The Man", which > has been played here in the US several times. They're not new, but they > both kick ass. I would say they're newer than most songs being played live nowadays. I have yet to hear "Working Undercover for the Man" since I missed the December DC show (did they play that there?). By the way, why was "Finished With Lies" changed to "They'll Never Believe me Now"? -Matt ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 09:59:48 -0700 (MST) From: Jim Kuemmerle Subject: TMBG: pre-show music... Message-ID: the only time i've been blessed with the pleasure of seeing Them live (9/15/98, salt lake city) they played alice cooper before the opener (michael shelley) and perez prado (one of the kings of early mambo/salsa) between michael shelley and They... --jim kuemmerle, who seemed to be one of the only people in the audience who noticed the significance of the alice cooper... sigh... j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668/ ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 11:57:24 -0500 Subject: Re: TMBG: duh Message-ID: <19990125.115756.-258209.3.gray42@juno.com> From: Claire V Gray On Sat, 23 Jan 1999 23:05:54 -0500 linnel@snet.net writes: > > >> > just wondering if there is a point to anything on this list >> >> nope. if you're looking for a point, take your goat molester >address and >> find some other list. > > >562 cheers to jim! > >hip hip-drink goats blood- hurray! Woo Hoo you've read my mind! Everyone should try the NEW and IMPROVED Goat's Blood in a Can, and if you enjoy that... Try our even newer refreshing drink: Goat's Blood in a Bottle...mmmmmmm! It's fortified with vitamin S! And what better snack, than: Human Ears in A Pullstring Bag (now low in fat)! Mysterio Gal (too weird to live, to rare to die) "Trink Ziegeblut in eine Kanne!" --Das Hooded Rat MST3K#88182 ICQ#9585405 gray42@juno.com, send attachments to mr_realgal@yahoo.com http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 The Official Project Omicrom website: www.geocities.com/SoHo/Square/9007 > > > nah... i think the goat molester just wanted to seem >clever... >in attempt to take over the world from the mighty bowls... silly goat > >boy... > > > > jen > > -the one who causes you to run with scissors and throw > things in a way that is fun until someone loses an eye. > > then the cow sings The Man of La Mancha. > ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-ID: Date: Sun, 24 Jan 1999 13:43:02 -0500 (EST) From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: Re: TMBG: Pre-Show Music Excerpts from internet.music.tmbg: 24-Jan-99 TMBG: Pre-Show Music by Bongo@pacificnet.net > (Seems possible.) What songs are the rest of you hearing before the shows? (My I think the weirdest pre-show music I've heard was in August 1996, when they played bits of Factory Showroom. (9:30 club, 8/16/96) It was the only time I'd heard TMBG played before they took the stage... Lawrence Solomon http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~lps/ lps@andrew.cmu.edu "You keep handing out horseshoes * This space inadvertently Horseshoes have gotta be tossed." -Moxy Fruvous * left with stuff in it. ------------------------------ Message-Id: <2.2.32.19990125160033.0135e97c@pop-server.austin.rr.com> Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 10:00:33 -0600 From: Mitchell Harding Subject: Re: TMBG: UK, new TMBG songs + news >brand new Giants songs. One was a lovely Linnel-strummed ballad called >"They'll Never Believe Me", the other was "Working Undercover With the It's actually called "Finished With Lies". Great song, but not a great analgesic. Harf, Mitch http://ccwf.cc.utexas.edu/~mitcharf/index.html "Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so." - Bertrand Russell ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 12:35:52 -0500 Subject: Re: TMBG: On topic, for once :) Message-ID: <19990125.124614.-258209.6.gray42@juno.com> From: Claire V Gray On Sun, 24 Jan 1999 03:22:23 -0600 Bob Scott writes: >Claire V Gray wrote: > >> I find that Factory Showroom goes wonderfully well with the 1st >Star >> Wasrs movie, especially Pet Name durring the bit where Han and Luke >are >> arguing tee hee hee > >Well, that seems a good possibility. I'll have to try it. But consider >this >one: Perhaps Miscellaneous T fits some made-for-TV A-Team movie >(because, as >those of us who have nothing better to know know, Mr. T. is the leader >of >the A-Team). It would be a funny coincidence, at best. At worst, it >would be >mildly humorous. I think that TMBG should write a song about Mr. G, Mr. E, and Mr. T hooking up :P And they should put it on the alleged Children's album !! U Mysterio Gal (too weird to live, to rare to die) "Trink Ziegeblut in eine Kanne!" --Das Hooded Rat MST3K#88182 ICQ#9585405 gray42@juno.com, send attachments to mr_realgal@yahoo.com http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 The Official Project Omicrom website: www.geocities.com/SoHo/Square/9007 >lemoncurry@hotbot.com >AKA Bob "Ace" Scott > > ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 12:45:25 -0500 Subject: Re: TMBG: THMB: Apollo 18 Message-ID: <19990125.124614.-258209.7.gray42@juno.com> From: Claire V Gray On Sun, 24 Jan 1999 08:04:54 -0800 (PST) Happy Cow writes: >Hello All, > I was looking through my friends CDs yesterday, and I noticed >that >her Apollo 18 CD had silver writing on it. My CD looks exactly the >same, but it has black writing on it. Does anybody know why there are >2 different CDs??? > Too add to this post... I've been on this list for a year or so, and the year before for a few months, and I don't remember this coming up. The Apollo 18 I have has a screwed up Dial-A-Song # It's 963-6962. One day I called it and got a VERY rude woman. I have the silver writing CD btw Mysterio Gal (too weird to live, to rare to die) "Trink Ziegeblut in eine Kanne!" --Das Hooded Rat MST3K#88182 ICQ#9585405 gray42@juno.com, send attachments to mr_realgal@yahoo.com http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 The Official Project Omicrom website: www.geocities.com/SoHo/Square/9007 >== >~Connie~ >"You've got two coconut halves and you're banging them together!" >ICQ: 23230905 >AIM: FlansieGal >My HomePage!!!: http://www.angelfire.com/oh/tmbg >_________________________________________________________ >DO YOU YAHOO!? >Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com > > ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 12:01:58 -0600 Subject: Re: TMBG: Mix Tape! Message-ID: <19990125.120201.12806.2.khurby@juno.com> From: recommended by four out of five doctors dood, yeah, it sucks having people think of 'istanbul' when they think of tmbg. but the fact is, unless you're labeling this mix tape of your's as "for hardcore fans only" then it would be best to include 'istanbul' and 'particle man' and whatever else you're holding back on. these songs brought tmbg into a whole lotta of our lives, so yeah, not cool to suddenly dis-include them from your tmbg repertoire. (incidentally, yeah, sing along to old songs, it's super fun!) mike k ambassador to the kings of modern rockpop t m b g . soul coughing . ben folds five ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: Matt James Message-Id: <199901251824.NAA23161@fellspt.charm.net> Subject: TMBG: Non-Tmbg Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 13:24:06 -0500 (EST) > >those of us who have nothing better to know know, Mr. T. is the leader > >of > >the A-Team). It would be a funny coincidence, at best. At worst, it Mr. T was not the leader of the A-Team, Hannibal was. Which is probably a good thing because a) B.A. Barracus was kinda crazy and b) he was afraid of flying, what would they do if they had a mostly flying mission, who would've lead? All of the Apollo 18 copies had the wrong dial-a-song number printed on the liner notes. -Matt ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 11:24:26 -0700 (MST) From: Jim Kuemmerle Subject: Re: TMBG: Another Dream!? Good Lord! Message-ID: On Sun, 24 Jan 1999, Sarah wrote: > hhehehehe.... you too eh? if i had a pair of eyes on the back of my head for all the linnell-lusters on this list... ^_~ --jim kuemmerle, who'd prolly have a lot of eyes on 'im by this time... j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668/ ------------------------------ From: Alterian@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 13:35:16 EST Subject: Re: TMBG:Lincoln (the band) Speaking of Lincoln, does anyone have chords or tabs for any of their songs? I know I saw a site with them, but its forever lost in my memory where it is... thanks. -Amber the Transcendent ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 11:37:41 -0700 (MST) From: Scot Westwood Subject: Re: TMBG: UK Shows - Full Set Lists Message-ID: If you send a copy of your videotape to Russ, I'm sure He'll do the work of making it available to the list. Go Russ!!! On Mon, 25 Jan 1999, Joe Keith wrote: > > > Mon. 18/01/99 - The Garage, London > > New York City > James K Polk > She's Actual Size > I Am Not Your Broom > Twistin' > Famous Polka > Famous Polka (twice a fast) > Battle For the Planet Of The Apes > Older > Spy > Shoehorn With Teeth > Particle Man > Why Does The Sun Shine > S-E-X-X-Y > Istanbul Not Constantinople > Spiralling Shape > Ana Ng > Mammal > They Got Lost > Pet Name > Spider > The Guitar > Dr. Worm > > Encore 1 > ======== > > She's An Angel > Birdhouse In Your Soul > Dig My Grave > > Encore 2 > ======== > > Exquisite Dead Guy (with puppets) > No One Knows My Plan (Conga Line) > > Sat. 23/01/99 - The Garage, London > > - JL said "If we screw it up no one's gonna know cuz no one > knows how it goes." > Subliminal > Why Does The Sun Shine > She's An Angel > Working Undercover For The Man > Don't Let's Start > Meet James Ensor > Older > Racist Friend > Shoehorn With Teeth > Shoehorn With Teeth (fast forward) > They Got Lost > Particle Man > James K Polk > Birdhouse In Your Soul > She's Actual Size > Battle For The Planet Of The Apes > I Palindrome I > Spider > The Guitar > Dr. Worm > Exquisite Dead Guy (Puppets) > New York City > Till My Head Falls Off > > Encore > ====== > > Lie Still Little Bottle (Stick) > Spy > > And finally, on Tue, 19 Jan 1999 14:05:44, tmbgirl@juno.com wrote: > > >hEY hEY! > > > >>and many more. Did anyone get the set list? > > > >more importantly... did anyone record the show? > > Yes - I videoed it, but PLEASE PEOPLE....... Don't ask for copies just yet, > I am waaaaay too busy to sort the logistics out just yet - when I can I'll > mail the list..... > > yrs > > Joe > > > ------------------------------ From: Alterian@aol.com Message-ID: <6ce41bc0.36acba3e@aol.com> Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 13:38:54 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: Pre-Show Music When I saw them a few years ago I swear it sounded like they were playing like sailor music or pirate music..i dunno what you;d call it. -Amber the Transcendent Mistress ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 11:45:13 -0700 (MST) From: Jim Kuemmerle Subject: TMBG: sailor/pirate music Message-ID: On Mon, 25 Jan 1999 Alterian@aol.com wrote: > When I saw them a few years ago I swear it sounded like they were playing like > sailor music or pirate music..i dunno what you;d call it. shanties? --jim kuemmerle, who can't help but think of the sailors on the THEN discs whenever he hears *any* shanty... j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668/ ------------------------------ Message-ID: <000601be4898$2a1683a0$59c608d1@seanberg> From: "S. Bergeron" Subject: Re: TMBG: sailor/pirate music Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 14:23:15 -0500 :On Mon, 25 Jan 1999 Alterian@aol.com wrote: : :> When I saw them a few years ago I swear it sounded like they were playing like :> sailor music or pirate music..i dunno what you;d call it. : :shanties? Ah, yes...shanties....sort of like Monty Python's "Accountants' Shanty." It's fun to charter an accountant And sail the wide accountancy To find, explore the funds offshore And skirt the shoals of bankruptcy It can be manly with insurance We'll up your premiums semi-annually It's all tax-deductible, we're fairly incorruptible We're sailing on the wide accountancy Jack Bergeron, idiotnot@visi.net bluedawg@tmbg.org "Someday, somebody else besides me will call me by my stage name."--Doctor Worm http://www.tmbg.org/~bluedawg/ ------------------------------ From: linnel@snet.net Message-Id: <199901251931.OAA18264@pop.snet.net> Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 14:27:34 -0500 Subject: Re: TMBG: sailor/pirate music > > When I saw them a few years ago I swear it sounded like they were playing like > > sailor music or pirate music..i dunno what you;d call it. > > shanties? ahhh... a perfect Deep Thought for this situation- If they ever come up with a swashbuckling School, I think one of the courses should be Laughing, Then Jumping Off Something. jen Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: "Mankind". Basically, it's made up of two separate words - "mank" and "ind". What do these words mean ? It's a mystery, and that's why so is mankind. ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 14:23:33 -0700 Subject: Re: TMBG: On topic, for once :) Message-ID: <19990125.142717.15342.2.TMBgirl@juno.com> >I think that TMBG should write a song about Mr. G, Mr. E, and Mr. T >hooking up :P i think TMBG should tour with Mr. T Experience. >And they should put it on the alleged Children's album !! whoa, last i heard the children's album had been "indefinately put off until a later date" take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-Id: <4.1.19990125191105.0092ada0@pop.mindspring.com> Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 19:15:55 -0500 From: Ben Bradshaw Subject: Non-TMBG: Dreams I don't understand how all you guys are having dreams with either one or both of the John's. The only dream I've had concerning either a work of literature or music or whatever that isn't on TV, since TV is so real to me, is one time in 6th grade when I had strep throat. I just finished a whole marathon of Redwall books, you know the ones with the little mice acting like humans, and that night is when strep throat set in. Lemme tell you what. That was the weirdest dream I've ever had. I thought I was Mattameo and all these weasels were coming....coming to get me. Ok, sorry for this being off topic and all, but I find it incredibly amazing you guys have such vivid dreams of They Might Be Giants presumably naturally. Ben "I was out by myself in the graveyard. I was doing an intrepretive dance."-TMBG Take A Gander, part 2 http://www.geocities.com/southbeach/lights/5364 ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 16:18:01 -0800 From: "Spencer Owen" Subject: TMBG: Re: Ani DiFranco, Mono Puff, Direct From Brooklyn I bought Up Up Up Up Up Up...it's very good. I recommend it all. The last track is the best one, it's very very jazzy and awesome. Also kudos to all those who bought Fear of Pop. It's great, eh? So, seriously...which Mono Puff is best? And also...WHEN is Direct from Brooklyn coming out?!?!?!? --Spencer, who isn't the one you can't trust ------------------------------ From: RabbiVole@aol.com Message-ID: <5f729452.36ad0912@aol.com> Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 19:15:14 EST Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Dreams In a message dated 99-01-25 19:10:10 EST, benshaw@mindspring.com writes: << I just finished a whole marathon of Redwall books >> great books, says me. i was just reading "redwall" the other day, for the third or fourth time--you're never too old for brian jacques. << Ok, sorry for this being off topic and all, but I find it incredibly amazing you guys have such vivid dreams of They Might Be Giants presumably naturally. >> the only tmbg related dream i ever remember having was one in which i was talking to flansie on the phone, whilst he gave me tips on playing in front of audiences and becoming famous. as far as i can recall, he'd called me out of the blue .. how he got my number, and whether or not i should heed his advice, eludes me to this day. ;) peace, love, and good happiness stuff, jay. ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 17:21:26 -0700 Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Dreams Message-ID: <19990125.172316.17198.3.TMBgirl@juno.com> >the only tmbg related dream i ever remember having was one in which i >was >talking to flansie on the phone, whilst he gave me tips on playing in >front of ya know i was wondering... and now with this talk of calling flansy and LPS saying something about the mailing list and NG making linny "uncomfortable." member when DAS.com was just "registered" someone got a phone number off of it and called it up and asked for Flansburgh... anyone know what i'm talking about? well, what i was wondering... who did it? and does anyone remember (want to dig through the archives) and recap the entire conversation? take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 20:00:14 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Ani DiFranco, Mono Puff, Direct From Brooklyn In a message dated 1/25/99 7:12:17 PM, sowen@windwardschool.org writes: >I bought Up Up Up Up Up Up...it's very good. I recommend it all. The last >track is the best one, it's very very jazzy and awesome. Also kudos to >all those who bought Fear of Pop. It's great, eh? > trippy trippy! i just got fear of pop and up up up up up up today..! :) sarah "i paid my money. and i'm gonna see all the movie." - ben folds ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 18:47:24 -0700 (MST) From: Jim Kuemmerle Subject: NON-TMBG: "up up up up up up" and other new stuff... Message-ID: hey, everybody... the other night, i was in a barnes & noble (i know, it's the evil empire, but i didn't buy anything; i was just reading the magazines for free -- stick it to the man!) and flipping through a copy of CMJ New Music (with ani "the funkmeister" difranco on the front cover) and read a really nice interview with ani. they also did a nice little feature on pg. 10 about edith frost (did i mention i get to open for her EXACTLY TWO WEEKS FROM TONIGHT?? she's one of my current musical heroes, so there's no describing how excited i am!!). by the way, i've heard a few of the tracks off "up up up up up up"... (boy, that *is* fun to type!) she just gets better and better and better every time i hear her. i'd have bought it by now except i promised a friend of mine that the next cd's i buy would be gillian welch. oh, well... what she doesn't know won't hurt her. or maybe i'll just need to go on (yet another) cd-buyin' frenzy, because not only do i have to get "up up up up up up" and the two gillian welch cd's, but also: bonnie prince billy -- "i see a darkness", palace records... this is the new project from will oldham, also known as palace, palace music, etc. formerly on the drag city label (my favorite label these days, with kill rock stars a close second), will oldham's spun off his own label. this is just fine; it's probably how it's needed to be all along. if previous will oldham releases (such as "viva last blues", "arise therefore", etc.) are any indication, "i see a darkness" will be unapologetically warbly, inscrutable, and haunting. if you liked nick cave's "murder ballads," or "mermaid avenue" by billy bragg and wilco, you should probably look into this one. a warning, though: it's probably not for those who require their music to be in tune. smog -- i can't remember what the name of this one is anymore. but it too is on drag city. this message was going to be much more profound when i started than what it turned out to be. oh, well. buy CMJ New Music (it's the magazine i've been wanting to see for a long time now, and i just found out it existed the other night,) buy stuff from Drag City, (especially edith frost!), buy "up up up up up up", buy a whole bunch of other ani if you haven't already... --jim kuemmerle, who should prolly go to bed or something and stop rambling like this... j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668/ ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 21:09:59 -0500 (EST) From: "Kirsten L. Brodbeck" Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Dreams Message-ID: On Mon, 25 Jan 1999, Ben Bradshaw wrote: > I just finished a > whole marathon of Redwall books, you know the ones with the little mice > acting like humans, and that night is when strep throat set in. Lemme tell > you what. That was the weirdest dream I've ever had. I thought I was > Mattameo and all these weasels were coming....coming to get me. You think that's bad? The first time I had strep throat, I was reading the Narnia books. Let me put it this way -- I thought Aslan was talking to me. Kirsten "All love is rhymed need." - Peter S. Beagle, _A Fine & Private Place_ ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990126021030.15224.rocketmail@send205.yahoomail.com> Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 18:10:30 -0800 (PST) From: Happy Cow Subject: Re: TMBG: Color of Print on A18 CD <> I DID compare my CD with hers side-by-side! Mine IS balck! Wow, I feel so special! Does *anybody* here have black on their CD??? == ~Connie~ I like pickles. ICQ: 23230905 AIM: FlansieGal Kewl Stuff: http://www.angelfire.com/oh/tmbg _________________________________________________________ DO YOU YAHOO!? Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com ------------------------------ Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Dreams Message-ID: <19990125.211613.4679.1.sailormorningstar@juno.com> From: Karyn M Majetich Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 21:21:36 EST <> On my behalf...I think that I can explain this.... You see Ben...when you think about something every waking moment....it tends to be reflected in your dreams! (just kidding) hehe....in actuality I have no idea why I have as many TMBG dreams as I do. And to tell you the truth I dont know why I dream about most of the things I do. (including the John's) Your post has (for reasons unknown to me) reminded me of all of the whaked out dreams I have had in the past....and its scary to even TRY to think about why I had them! ~Karen :P The only dream I've had concerning either a work >of >literature or music or whatever that isn't on TV, since TV is so real >to >me, is one time in 6th grade when I had strep throat. I just finished >a >whole marathon of Redwall books, you know the ones with the little >mice >acting like humans, and that night is when strep throat set in. Lemme >tell >you what. That was the weirdest dream I've ever had. I thought I was >Mattameo and all these weasels were coming....coming to get me. > Ok, sorry for this being off topic and all, but I find it >incredibly >amazing you guys have such vivid dreams of They Might Be Giants >presumably >naturally. > > Ben > >"I was out by myself in the graveyard. I was doing an intrepretive >dance."-TMBG > >Take A Gander, part 2 http://www.geocities.com/southbeach/lights/5364 > ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: IamSam98@aol.com Message-ID: <5b54e828.36ad2a0a@aol.com> Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 21:35:54 EST Subject: TMBG: Planner Pics and Slow Conversions (Mix Tape) A few weeks ago, I turned my school planner into a TMBG shrine, which I did by pasting pictures onto it. Last night, I printed out more various items and redid the planner. The pictures I took are of the front and the back. The picture for the lower front isn't that great, but oh well. The pics are at http://altern.org/plannerpic/ I conquer all. I'm converting willing people to TMBG. My mix tape that I made a few days was planted into my friends car who doesn't know TMBG that well. + She's been singing such various hits as "Become a Robot", "Exquisite Dead Guy", and "S-E-X-X-Y". + Her new conclusion: "AWESOME! These guys are great! Why did I only own A18?" My best friend has been hanging around me too often lately. + She's been singing such various hits as "S-E-X-X-Y", "Twisting", "Dead", and "AKA Driver". + Her new conclusion: "I can't believe I only knew 'Birdhouse' before! And that Linnell isn't too shabby looking either!!! *as she drools over my planner* " My friend's ex-boyfriend was over at my house for a multiple set of hours. + He's been singing such various hits as "Birdhouse", "Dr. Worm", and "Why Does The Sun Shine?" + His new conclusion: He actually *stold* my Flood tape!!! It's the only TMBG related item that was out of my sight for a minute, and he left with it! -Samantha ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990126024236.16491.rocketmail@send202.yahoomail.com> Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 18:42:36 -0800 (PST) From: Happy Cow Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Ani DiFranco, Mono Puff, Direct From Brooklyn Hello All, The new Ani D. CD is REALLY cool! The last song, "Hat Shaped Hat" is great! I also like "Jukebox". As to which Mono Puff is better, I'd have to say it depends on my mood. Unsupervised is really cool, but IFTS has more of a funky beat to it. I dunno...I like em both. Just my $0.02...... == ~Connie~ I like pickles. ICQ: 23230905 AIM: FlansieGal Kewl Stuff: http://www.angelfire.com/oh/tmbg _________________________________________________________ DO YOU YAHOO!? Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com ------------------------------ From: linnel@snet.net Message-Id: <199901260249.VAA19465@pop.snet.net> Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 21:45:59 -0500 Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Dreams > < or both of the John's.>> > On my behalf...I think that I can explain this.... i think that i can, too... you see, it all started one day when a man walked out of this cave far off near a mountain known as The Mountain. as he walked out, he yawned and looked up at the sky. just at that precise moment, a meteorite that had once been a part of the planet mars came tumbling down from the sky. since entering the earths atmosphere burned off nearly 94% of the original meteorite, only a small pebble remained. this small pebble landed in this innocent fellows mouth right as he was yawning, and he choked and died. this would not be so significant if it was not for what was happening at that very moment, about 253.98 miles away... at the same time that the meteorite was falling to the earth, a small, pink tree fairy was hiding under a leaf from a former president who was trying to eat him. (yes, him. there are boy fairies too, you know.) the ex-president then painted himself white and pretended to be a marshmellow man. he thought it would be a neat trick, but it wasn't. nobody wanted to tell him that, though, so they just let him keep dancing and pretending he was a marshmellow man until he got tired and fell asleep. so you see my friend, it is much more simple than you thought. i hope you now see the whole reasoning behind it all. jen -If your friend is already dead, and being eaten by vultures, I think it's okay to feed some bits of your friend to one of the vultures, to teach him to do some tricks. But only if you're serious about adopting the vulture. thank you, JH. ------------------------------ From: RabbiVole@aol.com Message-ID: <1a2af93.36ad3200@aol.com> Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 22:09:52 EST Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: "up up up up up up" and other new stuff... In a message dated 99-01-25 20:48:46 EST, J.Kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu writes: << "up up up up up up"... (boy, that *is* fun to type!) >> i know this holds absolutely no relevence to anyone, but that title is no fun at all for me to type: for every time i type a "p" the cursor returns to the beginning of the line, thus forcing me to either scroll over with arrow keys or tediously point back to the end of the line. blah. that's what i get for drinking diet coke while typing. peace, love, and good happiness stuff, jay. ------------------------------ From: RabbiVole@aol.com Message-ID: <415dad95.36ad336e@aol.com> Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 22:15:58 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: Planner Pics and Slow Conversions (Mix Tape) In a message dated 99-01-25 21:41:23 EST, IamSam98@aol.com writes: << My friend's ex-boyfriend was over at my house for a multiple set of hours.>> what i wanna know is why he was over at your house for multiple hours. hm? jay. ------------------------------ From: ErgoTM@aol.com Message-ID: <67229a85.36ad3246@aol.com> Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 22:11:02 EST Subject: TMBG: Re: Mono Puff Initially IFTS is better, but sadly it's ultra coolness in three or so months is demoted merely to "pretty coolness". Unsupervised however is a horse of a different color, it maintains it's super coolness (which is somewhere between Ultra Coolness and Pretty Coolness, for you squares out there) FOREVER ever ever ever Jeff "One more coolness and you'd spill your beans" Craig ------------------------------ From: linnel@snet.net Message-Id: <199901260354.WAA25324@pop.snet.net> Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 22:50:34 -0500 Subject: Re: TMBG: Planner Pics and Slow Conversions (Mix Tape) > > << My friend's ex-boyfriend was over at my house for a multiple set of > hours.>> > > what i wanna know is why he was over at your house for multiple hours. hm? maybe YOU want to know, but i'm a little afraid myself... afraid that perhaps hamsters were involved... *shiver* jen I think that a neat trick would to go up to mime in the park, and pretend that your stuck in a box with him. When he starts to do his mime thing, start crying and banging your head against the walls of the box to try and get out. After about 10 minutes, pretend to turn a handle and step out of the box. And i think it would be funny if you were to say, "Man. this sure is a tricky door," and walk away. And if people laugh at you, it's ok to tie a kite around their neck. But make sure you give the mime some money. ------------------------------ From: IamSam98@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 23:54:25 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: Planner Pics and Slow Conversions (Mix Tape) > what i wanna know is why he was over at your house for multiple hours. hm? *coughs* There were a lot of people over. We were watching a movie. So there. -Samantha ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 23:03:33 -0600 From: Bob Scott Message-ID: <36AD4CA5.4EEA51AA@hotbot.com> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Hi Honey, I'm Home! I'm not referring to any of you as Honey, nor am I home, but I'm just curious about the theme to this somewhat non-extraordinary Nikelodeon sitcom of the early 90's. Was the theme by TMBG? I only ask because I believe I saw a song by TMBG called "Hi Honey, I'm Home" on some ftp text list, and just assumed it to be one and the same with the theme. Any light shone on this matter would be most appreciated. lemoncurry@hotbot.com AKA Bob "Icelandic Honey week has been cancelled!" Scott ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 23:02:27 -0600 From: Bob Scott Message-ID: <36AD4C63.45938A89@hotbot.com> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re: matt's life savings Matt James wrote: > Hey Mike Leffel, greetings to you, > Well, TMBG have yet to release their new (studio) album, Matt's Life > Savings. I'm still waiting in anticipation. > Let us shake that fascist groove thang, > Matt > Matt James > mattj@charm.net After 7000 hrs of scouring the archives to see the legend that is Leffel at work, I finally understand this! I'm surprised that hell's thermometers aren't registering a bit on the cooler side... lemoncurry@hotbot.com AKA Bob "What about my life savings? Wait, I have nothing" Scott ------------------------------ From: HallOfEyes@aol.com Message-ID: <44b49f00.36ad4f6a@aol.com> Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 00:15:22 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: Hi Honey, I'm Home! "Hi Honey, I'm Home" is an extremely creepy Dial-a-song from a long time ago. You hear basically the sound of a car accident...a car screech, the honking horn, a crash, and then an ambulence siren. This is looped, and over it, Flansburgh creepily sings "Hi...honey...I'm home....Hi...Honey..I'm home...how was your day...how was your day...Hi, Honey...I'm home." To me, this is the creepiest tmbg song ever. Jordan In a message dated 1/26/99 12:04:07 AM Eastern Standard Time, lemoncurry@hotbot.com writes: << I'm not referring to any of you as Honey, nor am I home, but I'm just curious about the theme to this somewhat non-extraordinary Nikelodeon sitcom of the early 90's. Was the theme by TMBG? I only ask because I believe I saw a song by TMBG called "Hi Honey, I'm Home" on some ftp text list, and just assumed it to be one and the same with the theme. Any light shone on this matter would be most appreciated. >> ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 23:33:58 -0600 From: Bob Scott Message-ID: <36AD53C6.4D5E02A3@hotbot.com> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: Hi Honey, I'm Home! HallOfEyes@aol.com wrote: > "Hi Honey, I'm Home" is an extremely creepy Dial-a-song from a long time ago. > You hear basically the sound of a car accident...a car screech, the honking > horn, a crash, and then an ambulence siren. This is looped, and over it, > Flansburgh creepily sings "Hi...honey...I'm home....Hi...Honey..I'm home...how > was your day...how was your day...Hi, Honey...I'm home." > > To me, this is the creepiest tmbg song ever. Well, so much for that whole "I'm gonna go and assume that this is a happy theme song to Nickelodeon's first made for Nick-at-Nite sitcom!" attitude I was taking originally! Just goes to prove that there are times when I can't be more wrong! So, I assume since it's a DAS classic, it's basically unavailable to the listening public? Eeriness is a quality I look for in songs. I view 'Turn Around' as an eerie song, and if anyone says it's quirky, I hit them repeatedly in the nose, seeing as this usually makes them turn around rather quickly, and then I shout out "Was that quirky? Was that quirky!?" as they drop through the void. Did I type that out loud? lemoncurry@hotbot.com AKA Bob "Usage of the Q word by me is only for demonstrative purposes. Do not try this at home" Scott ------------------------------ From: linnel@snet.net Message-Id: <199901260213.VAA09978@pop.snet.net> Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 21:09:58 -0500 Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG-off topic posts > > > > wouldn't it be contradictory to post complaining about >off-topic > >posts? i mean, if you were to do so, wouldn't you be contributing to > >the off-topic posts because complaining about off-topic posts > >certainly has nothing to do with TMBG... or spaghetti for that > >matter. > > Okay. What about this? > > John and John wouldn't like the fact that you're making off-topic posts. ha. how do you know, mr hot shot i have a banana on my head.... for all you know, the johns could make a hefty profit selling belly button lint to a chinese guy down at the corner. > Or, even better: > > I think that "Don't Let's Start" is about not sending off-topic posts to > mailing lists. Either that or spaghetti. nooooooo... DLS is about communist prostitutes with mustaches in central park. duh-uh. jen If you saw two guys named Hambone and Flippy, which one would you think liked dolphins the most? I'd say Flippy, wouldn't you? You'd be wrong, though. It's Hambone. ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 22:47:26 -0700 Subject: Re: TMBG: Hi Honey, I'm Home! Message-ID: <19990125.224730.3430.1.TMBgirl@juno.com> > So, I assume since it's a DAS classic, it's basically unavailable >to the >listening public? you can always get the DAS compilations from any friendly bootleg trader... just ask nicely :) > Eeriness is a quality I look for in songs well... ya know... the early days of DAS would've pleased ya. take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html :::quirkyquirkyquirky!!::: (am i going to hell now?) ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 01:31:03 -0500 From: TDK Message-ID: <36AD6125.785EEE60@cybercomm.net> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: WKTU I talked to Danny Weinkauf on new years eve, who told me that Chris & Gonzaolo are working on a new album that will be released under the name Christopher Temple, not Lincoln. -Mike tmbgirl@juno.com wrote: > I have a question... anyone heard anything from chris temple lately? > has he found a new band? last i heard Rick Rivera (tmbg's super-fly > roadie) was gonna hook up with him and start recording some stuff. > > take it easy, JOrdaN > http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html > > ___________________________________________________________________ > You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. > Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html > or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #14-26 ******************************