Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #14-29 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 14, Number 29 Friday, 29 January 1999 Today's Topics: TMBG: Westerville TMBG: Live Dr Worm Mp3 Re: TMBG: Westerville TMBG: Beware this summer :P TMBG: dial a song online, yippeee... Re: TMBG:I'll Sink Manhattan Re: TMBG: new date/call to arms for St. Louis!!! NON:TMBG:satilite pics Re: TMBG: johns parents numbers??? Re: TMBG: Westerville Re: TMBG: Westerville Re: TMBG: Hi Honey, I'm Home! Re: TMBG: Westerville TMBG: el_Grupo_de_Rock_n'_Roll Re: TMBG: Westerville Re: TMBG: el_Grupo_de_Rock_n'_Roll Re: TMBG: Westerville TMBG: That V.W. commercial Re: TMBG: new date/call to arms for St. Louis!!! Re: TMBG: That V.W. commercial TMBG: Westerville Re: TMBG: That V.W. commercial Re: TMBG: el_Grupo_de_Rock_n'_Roll Re: TMBG: That V.W. commercial Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-ID: <36B03B6B.FF39C4A@softhome.net> Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 02:26:51 -0800 From: Ian Wolfe Subject: TMBG: Westerville Hi. All I knows about the Westerville show is as follows: It is at a place called the Rike Center on the campus of Otterbein University. You were Spiraling is opening. I will be there. I will be wearing a bright orange sock hat. Say hi if you like, I won't bite...hard. viva la Ian ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 01:32:43 -0600 From: Laa Laa Subject: TMBG: Live Dr Worm Mp3 Message-id: <36B0129B.A818C0A7@slu.edu> I just got done ripping a live Dr Worm....its the one recorded in St Louis during Pointfest (yuck!) .... rather than emailing it to everyone that wants it....can someone who has space on a web page put it up for all to get?.....TDK?...you could give it a nice home -tim "Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor .....DAMN!" - Bill ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 00:42:09 -0700 Subject: Re: TMBG: Westerville Message-ID: <19990128.004213.17582.3.TMBgirl@juno.com> It is at a >place called the Rike Center on the campus of Otterbein University. >You >were Spiraling is opening AAACK!!!! you were spiraling is a super-duper groovy band... anyone that has the opportunity to catch this show... don't pass them up!!! take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html ps. recording their shows is good too... anyone can do it! ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 02:21:44 -0600 From: Bob Scott Message-ID: <36B01E18.A67768F9@hotbot.com> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Beware this summer :P This is really something which will interest no one at all, I'm sure, but tonight, whilst gallavanting around the town, the handle on the inside of my car on the driver's side popped clean off. It had been working its way off for some time, and it just happened to be its time, I suppose. So come summer, look out for the car without a handle. It's all I could think of, and i just thought I'd share. Now go back to your lives. :) lemoncurry@hotbot.com AKA Bob "Leffel found it odd!" Scott ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 04:40:10 EST Subject: TMBG: dial a song online, yippeee... maybe i'm behind the times and living in a cave, or maybe i skim too much, but i just discovered a tmbg song i've never even *heard* of.. "dark and metric".. so for anyone living in a cave like myself.. hop over to tmbg.com to hear it. it's actually the first post FS song aside from dr worm that's totally impressed me. sarah! http://members.aol.com/kdsinthhal ------------------------------ From: GhostKrabb@webtv.net (Dexter Flansburgh) Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 02:53:40 -0800 (PST) Subject: Re: TMBG:I'll Sink Manhattan Message-ID: <10664-36B041B4-695@mailtod-241.iap.bryant.webtv.net> --WebTV-Mail-806876147-354 Content-Type: Text/Plain; Charset=US-ASCII Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7Bit It was just on the last set of TDK's sound files, but he just updated the page. You can see if he decided to keep it there, but if not, talk to him about it, because I know he has it. me, Dexburger --WebTV-Mail-806876147-354 Content-Description: signature Content-Disposition: Inline Content-Type: Text/HTML; Charset=US-ASCII Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7Bit --WebTV-Mail-806876147-354 Content-Disposition: Inline Content-Type: Message/RFC822 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7Bit Received: from mailsorter-101-2.iap.bryant.webtv.net (209.240.198.98) by postoffice-242.iap.bryant.webtv.net; Wed, 27 Jan 1999 16:27:05 -0800 (PST) Return-Path: Received: from ussenterprise.ufp.org (ussenterprise.ufp.org [209.249.97.242]) by mailsorter-101-2.iap.bryant.webtv.net (8.8.8/ms.graham.14Aug97) with ESMTP id QAA10689; Wed, 27 Jan 1999 16:27:05 -0800 (PST) Received: from localhost (majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.2/8.9.2) with SMTP id TAA26655; Wed, 27 Jan 1999 19:25:02 -0500 (EST) Received: by ussenterprise.ufp.org (bulk_mailer v1.6); Wed, 27 Jan 1999 19:24:59 -0500 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.2/8.9.2) id TAA26629 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Wed, 27 Jan 1999 19:24:59 -0500 (EST) Received: from dilbert.mix-net.net (root@dilbert.mix-net.net [207.51.81.3]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.2/8.9.2) with ESMTP id TAA26618 for ; Wed, 27 Jan 1999 19:24:55 -0500 (EST) Received: from tmbg.org (max519.mix-net.net [208.151.191.25]) by dilbert.mix-net.net (8.8.5/8.8.5) with ESMTP id TAA28902 for ; Wed, 27 Jan 1999 19:23:51 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <36AFAEB0.9EF6BF78@tmbg.org> Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 19:26:24 -0500 From: Feeny aka Chris Campbell X-Mailer: Mozilla 4.5 [en] (Win98; I) X-Accept-Language: en MIME-Version: 1.0 To: "tmbg-list@tmbg.org" Subject: TMBG:I'll Sink Manhattan Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Reply-To: Feeny aka Chris Campbell I have good 'ol Russ's vid boots, and on the first boot, they are on record guide '88. On Lie Still Little Bottle, Flansy play "The Stick" and Linny play his big old(Really old) Bari Sax, this version is cool, 'cause its only flans singin' and Linnell doin' the bass part. Anyway later on the show, They play I'll Sink Manhattan w/ Linnell on Bari and Flans on Guitar, The song is SOOOOOO Awesome like that, although the TNAC one is cool, this is cooler! The stupid show cuts it off!!! ARGH!!! Does anyone have the mp3 of either of these songs??? Or even an ok quality boot to trade? I can't get enough of it!! -Feeny, I love how the spell check thinks "Bari" is bra:-o Crazy Computer!) -- http://w3.to/tmbg --WebTV-Mail-806876147-354-- ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 06:01:44 -0600 (CST) From: bill tatalovich Subject: Re: TMBG: new date/call to arms for St. Louis!!! Message-ID: On Wed, 27 Jan 1999 tmbgirl@juno.com wrote: > 04/23/99 St. Louis MO Washington University Wow....they were good about updating this...the St. Louis date wasn't even finalized until about a week ago, I think. Anyway, St. Louis folks, listen up....Samantha (?), Tim...and I know I'm missing a bunch of people. Fact is, the St. Louis date at Washington University is going to be for a little thing we call WILD ("Walk in, Lay Down", in reference to the fact that everyone there gets blindingly drunk...well, almost everyone). It is, I hate to say it, closed to the public. Only students and faculty will be admitted. Here's the thing...I realize that this date isn't for three months almost, but I knew I would forget unless I wrote this now. The organizers of WILD have a deal where you can get a guest in, but I think it's only one per person. So...if anyone around St. Louis (somewhere within decent driving distance) wants to go to this, I can help you out. IT WILL BE FREE if you go. You just need to contact me and let me know that you want to go, and I can get some friends together to have enough "chaperones" to get everyone who wants to come into the show. And, if you're coming from somewhere far away (free TMBG show? who wouldn't?), you can crash at my place for the night. All in the name of Them. Okay, this has been really long, and only pertains to a few people who are close enough (or crazy enough) to make this happen. I apologize for that. But hey...at least we're done with the Leffel/off-topic thread, eh? The Rev np: The Gloria Record--s/t EP |~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~| | Reverend Bill Tatalovich | Home page: | | | http://students.cec.wustl.edu/~wt3/ | | wt3@cec.wustl.edu |~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ | personnel@kwur.wustl.edu | | emogeek@hotmail.com | ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ------------------------------ From: Alterian@aol.com Message-ID: <86f61e19.36b05451@aol.com> Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 07:13:05 EST Subject: NON:TMBG:satilite pics Here it is..view at your own sanity Welcome to Microsoft TerraServer "She's not your satellite, she doesn't miss you" -Amber the Transcendent ------------------------------ From: linnel@snet.net Message-Id: <199901281239.HAA15240@pop.snet.net> Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 07:35:26 -0500 Subject: Re: TMBG: johns parents numbers??? [Unknown MIME type or encoding (text/enriched), contents not processed] ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990128162335.4085.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Todd Wetherbee" Subject: Re: TMBG: Westerville Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 08:23:34 PST >Hi. All I knows about the Westerville show is as follows: It is at a >place called the Rike Center on the campus of Otterbein University. You >were Spiraling is opening. I will be there. I will be wearing a bright >orange sock hat. Say hi if you like, I won't bite...hard. > >viva la Ian > I will be there too. I don't know what I'll be wearing, but I'll be wearing something. If that helps. Yep, if you see any naked people, they won't be me. I also have no noticeable physical deformities (not even a triple nipple, which even if I did have one you wouldn't be able to see it unless i was naked, which, by the way, i won't be) nor will i be wearing a bright orange sock cap. So look for the clothed, non-deformed, non-bright orange sock cap-wearing dude. That will be me. Farside ps anyone know anyplace strange and exciting to visit in the immediate area (other than OSU)? We're driving 3 hours from Indy to get there and I'll be damned if we're gonna turn around, turn around (i've always found this to be such a quirky expression :ducks quickly) and go back immediately after the show ends. ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.3.32.19990128122712.00743430@goshen.edu> Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 12:27:12 -0500 From: "Amanda Heggen" Subject: Re: TMBG: Westerville Hi. All I knows about the Westerville show is as follows: It is at a >>place called the Rike Center on the campus of Otterbein University. >You >>were Spiraling is opening. I will be there. I will be wearing a >bright >>orange sock hat. Say hi if you like, I won't bite...hard. >> >>viva la Ian >> >I will be there too. I don't know what I'll be wearing, but I'll be >wearing something. If that helps. Yep, if you see any naked people, >they won't be me. I also have no noticeable physical deformities (not >even a triple nipple, which even if I did have one you wouldn't be able >to see it unless i was naked, which, by the way, i won't be) nor will i >be wearing a bright orange sock cap. So look for the clothed, >non-deformed, non-bright orange sock cap-wearing dude. That will be me. > >Farside > >ps anyone know anyplace strange and exciting to visit in the immediate >area (other than OSU)? We're driving 3 hours from Indy to get there and >I'll be damned if we're gonna turn around, turn around (i've always >found this to be such a quirky expression :ducks quickly) and go back >immediately after the show ends. > Oh, this is weird ~ I'm going to be there, too, and I'm not deformed. I don't have an orange sock cap, and I plan on wearing clothes. Oh, I'm a girl, though. So, look for the clothed, non-deformed, non-bright orange sock cap-wearing person, then determine if they're male or female. Based on that, you'll be able to determine if you're looking at Farside or me. Driving 3 hours, eh? I (and a few other somewhat deformed guys [one of them does own a bright orange stocking cap, but I know he never wears it]) are driving 6 1/2 hours. See you all there, Amanda ------------------------------ Message-Id: <28JAN99.16354904.0018.MUSIC@MARISTB.MARIST.EDU> Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 15:08:36 EST From: Misty Subject: Re: TMBG: Hi Honey, I'm Home! >That wouldn't make Agent 99 the "Hotel Detective", I hope. That truly is >NOT her style, what with getting married to Max at the end of the series. >:P Nah, I never thought as 99 as the Hotel Detective--that is, unless Seigfried were holding a KAOS convention in the hotel. Then she'd have her ear to the walls and would be tappin' the calls, no doubt! Misty ------------------------------ Message-ID: Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 15:25:25 -0500 (EST) From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: Re: TMBG: Westerville ok, if you want to find each other, find me... I'll be wearing a grey Moxy Fruvous t-shirt and probably will be the first person to arrive there. :) I'm also driving 3 hours (hmmm, I wonder if anyone who actually lives in Ohio is going to be at this show... :) from Pittsburgh, and that's a long way to go not to meet anyone. :) Lawrence Solomon http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~lps/ lps@andrew.cmu.edu "You keep handing out horseshoes * This space inadvertently Horseshoes have gotta be tossed." -Moxy Fruvous * left with stuff in it. ------------------------------ From: GhostKrabb@webtv.net (Dexter Flansburgh) Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 12:46:06 -0800 (PST) Subject: TMBG: el_Grupo_de_Rock_n'_Roll Message-ID: <13974-36B0CC8E-129@mailtod-241.iap.bryant.webtv.net> --WebTV-Mail-252374626-63 Content-Type: Text/Plain; Charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: Quoted-Printable Okay, as many of you know, el Grupo d=E9 Rock n' Roll was TMBG's first band name (as it says in the THEN liner notes). Well ya see, I've recently started my own band, and I really want to use that name. But I was wondering if TMBG ever copyrighted it or not? They did only perform under that name for one night. Anyway, if any of you know, please get back to me, because I'd like to make sure of it now, instead of having to face a lawsuit in the future. --- Thanx alot, Dexburger --WebTV-Mail-252374626-63 Content-Description: signature Content-Disposition: Inline Content-Type: Text/HTML; Charset=US-ASCII Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7Bit --WebTV-Mail-252374626-63-- ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990128212413.1114.rocketmail@send304.yahoomail.com> Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 13:24:13 -0800 (PST) From: Talcott Starr Subject: Re: TMBG: Westerville Well, wadda ya know, I'll be there too! Granted meeting me might not be that amazingly exciting, seeing as I have only been here for a few weeks, but if you're interested in saying hi... I'm about 5'4, male, with glasses. I will be wearing either a Burgundy Fruvous Shirt with Bundgie Dog on the back, or a TMBG shirt (Probably the mantises). I will be with a friend who is a little taller than myself. As for interesting sights in Columbus, well we have streets, and sidewalks, but other than that there's not much worth seeing. (You can tell I've lived here far too long). == |\_________\ | Co-Owner of ThetaSoft| | \|___ ___| | http://members.xoom.com/ThetaSoft | || | |-----------------------------------| || | "If you can't see dreams, your eyes are blind" || | -Moxy Fruvous- "Fly" \|___|ALCOTT STARR _________________________________________________________ DO YOU YAHOO!? Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 16:36:06 -0500 (EST) From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: Re: TMBG: el_Grupo_de_Rock_n'_Roll Excerpts from internet.music.tmbg: 28-Jan-99 TMBG: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?el_Gru.. by Dexter Flansburgh@webtv. > Okay, as many of you know, el Grupo d=E9 Rock n' Roll was TMBG's first > band name (as it says in the THEN liner notes). Well ya see, I've > recently started my own band, and I really want to use that name. But I > was wondering if TMBG ever copyrighted it or not? They did only perform > under that name for one night. Anyway, if any of you know, please get it wasn't a name *they* used. it was given to them because they didn't really have a name at that point. They were a rock and roll band, which translates into Spanish as "el grupo de Rock 'n' Roll." They never intended to be known as that for recording purposes. Lawrence Solomon http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~lps/ lps@andrew.cmu.edu "You keep handing out horseshoes * This space inadvertently Horseshoes have gotta be tossed." -Moxy Fruvous * left with stuff in it. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <36B0A7D9.2382@bgnet.bgsu.edu> Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 18:09:29 +0000 From: "K.C." Subject: Re: TMBG: Westerville I live in Ohio and will be at the show. I don't know what I'll be wearing, so if you want to look for me you better look hard. Actually, I'll probably be wearing my non-autographed STD Tour Shirt with a green and black alien-covered necktie. -- K.C. Kless "...I am a snake head eating the head on the opposite side..." Commissioner, TertiArse Fantasy Sports DocWorm@tmbg.org ------------------------------ From: GhostKrabb@webtv.net (Dexter Flansburgh) Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 14:37:31 -0800 (PST) Subject: TMBG: That V.W. commercial Message-ID: <28331-36B0E6AB-475@mailtod-242.iap.bryant.webtv.net> --WebTV-Mail-445591528-232 Content-Type: Text/Plain; Charset=US-ASCII Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7Bit I just saw that Volkswagon commercial again for about the hundred billionth time. You know, the one were everything is in step with the music. Well, after hearing it so much, I've decided that I absolutely have to have that song! I remember you guys saying it was by a group called Spriritualized, and the song was: Ladies & Gentelmen, We're Floating in Space. So I wanted to find out more about it, and some info on were I could get it. So I checked cdnow, The UBL (ultimate band list) and a few search engines, and found NOTHING! Can somebody please help me? Me, Dexburger --WebTV-Mail-445591528-232 Content-Description: signature Content-Disposition: Inline Content-Type: Text/HTML; Charset=US-ASCII Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7Bit --WebTV-Mail-445591528-232-- ------------------------------ From: IamSam98@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 17:36:26 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: new date/call to arms for St. Louis!!! *dying of happiness!!* Yes, I'm here in St. L! ;p I'll love you forever... that is if I can get in. Is it over 18? Grr, I'll hate that if it is. Ah well. -Samantha ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Message-ID: <368cfe20.36b0e79e@aol.com> Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 17:41:34 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: That V.W. commercial In a message dated 1/28/99 5:39:36 PM, GhostKrabb@webtv.net writes: >I just saw that Volkswagon commercial again for about the hundred >billionth time. You know, the one were everything is in step with the >music. Well, after hearing it so much, I've decided that I absolutely >have to have that song! I remember you guys saying it was by a group >called Spriritualized, and the song was: Ladies & Gentelmen, We're >Floating in Space. So I wanted to find out more about it, and some info >on were I could get it. So I checked cdnow, The UBL (ultimate band list) >and a few search engines, and found NOTHING! Can somebody please help >me? nononononononononononono. nono. no. i posted this before, but obviously no one read it. ::sigh: http://www.dCubed.com/dan/jetta.html just go there. the spiritualized song is from a different commercial. sarah ------------------------------ Message-ID: <005201be4b22$200ac2e0$c325fad0@oemcomputer> From: "kelspots" Subject: TMBG: Westerville Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 19:55:52 -0500 Hey there, here's another non-deformed, clothed person going to the Westerville show! There will be so many of us we'll all just blend into a big...crowd. If you yell out "list!" I'll find you, although you may feel stupid doing so. In any case, hope to meet some of you there! Amy :) Come trade with me! http://www.strangemud.net/~agreen/boots.html [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] ------------------------------ From: Batbrain99@aol.com Message-ID: <5169be26.36b1176b@aol.com> Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 21:05:31 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: That V.W. commercial In a message dated 99-01-28 17:39:36 EST, you write: << I just saw that Volkswagon commercial again for about the hundred billionth time. You know, the one were everything is in step with the music. >> I'd kinda like to see a VW commercial with everything in step to the famous polka. Wouldn't that be fun? ~Batbrain "The famous car wears the same size water skis as me" ------------------------------ From: Batbrain99@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 21:02:01 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: el_Grupo_de_Rock_n'_Roll Why the heck would you want to name a band that anyways? It sounds like the name of some non-existent beginning band that one might only hear of in some stupid mailing list! ::smacks forehead:: oh, yeah... anyway, de doesnt have an accent mark over the e. if youre gonna use a spanish name, you sure as hell better spell it right! ~Batbrain, who is in a delightfuly bitter mood ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199901290349.WAA128052@f04n01.cac.psu.edu> Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 22:49:20 -0500 From: Jason Fickley Subject: Re: TMBG: That V.W. commercial At 02:37 PM 1/28/99 -0800, Dexter Flansburgh wrote: > > I remember you guys saying it was by a group > called Spriritualized, and the song was: Ladies & Gentelmen, We're > Floating in Space. You know, with all of this talk of Spiritualized and the VW commercial they were in, it reminds me of something from my summer job. This guy who knew the owner was always coming in and making a general nuisance (sp) of himself, and one day he brought in his girlfriend, who had a big stack of cassette singles from Spiritualized: L&GWFIS. She said a friend of hers at a record company gave them to her for free. I assumed they must have been some local band, and thought nothing of it. Now I see all of this talk about them on the list...hmmm...curious. --Jason-- ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #14-29 ******************************