Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #14-3 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 14, Number 3 Sunday, 3 January 1999 Today's Topics: TMBG: albums and the 9:30 show Re: NON-TMBG:SNMNMNM TMBG: SGC2C Re: TMBG: SGC2C TMBG: CD Collections Re: TMBG: CD Collections TMBG: Westerville, OH Re: TMBG: SGC2C and CDs Re: TMBG: SGC2C Re: TMBG: Westerville Show Re: TMBG: Westerville Show TMBG: Another of my stupidly long TMBG dreams... NON-TMBG: Fruvous (was Westerville Show) Re: NON-TMBG: Fruvous Re: TMBG: Tramps shows opening act Re: TMBG: Tramps shows opening act Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-ID: <19990102030712.8222.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Keem Bearlee" Subject: TMBG: albums and the 9:30 show Date: Fri, 01 Jan 1999 19:07:07 PST At the tender age of 17 I have around 150 CDs, cassettes, and records. It would've been more, but I got rid of stuff I don't listen to much. Most of it is REM, Nirvana, TMBG, Cibo Matto, and Weezer... LOTS OF WEEZER. And lots of UK music. I'm disappointed that not many people posted about the 9:30 show. I remember last year after a show people were really eager to review the show and post a setlist. I was once again a short asian girl stuck behind several rows of "tall tree people". I didn't mind so much. My neck hurt afterwards, but it was worth it. I felt like they were serendaing me when they did "She's Actual Size". ======= -Keembearlee "Remember, it's not the thing you fling, it's the fling itself." http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Alley/7534 ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Message-ID: <3639cc4a.368d8ed3@aol.com> Date: Fri, 1 Jan 1999 22:13:23 EST Subject: Re: NON-TMBG:SNMNMNM In a message dated 1/1/99 8:43:23 PM, ErgoTM@aol.com writes: > Someone said SNMNMNM had a dial a songish thing, I lost the number and >not >even my genie can find it, could someone tell me it again? > 1-888-37-SNEWS.. last time i called that had a farm animal drum & bass song. :) sarah ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 1 Jan 1999 23:49:15 -0500 Subject: TMBG: SGC2C Message-ID: <19990101.234918.8862.0.captainmarvel2@juno.com> From: captainmarvel2@juno.com (Derek A Klein) In case anyone cares, Flans was on Space Ghost: Coast to Coast for a few brief seconds tonight. SG was naming some future guests, and Flansy came up. The show will be on at least 2 more times this weekend, in case anyone wants to catch it. Derek "What is everyone staring at?" ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 2 Jan 1999 00:04:48 -0500 Subject: Re: TMBG: SGC2C Message-ID: <19990102.001505.4510.0.Superman75@juno.com> From: superman75@juno.com (Adam Schaaf) hi. >In case anyone cares, Flans was on Space Ghost: Coast to Coast for a >few brief seconds tonight. SG was naming some future guests, and >Flansy came up. The show will be on at least 2 more times this >weekend, in case anyone wants to catch it. y'know, they never did show flansy on C2C this year. that space ghost thing was aired last new year's and also said that flans would be on in the future. in my opinion, the flansy coast to coast episode should air about the same time that superfueled freaksicle gets released. your underking of pop trivia, adam schaaf * ------------------------------------------ Philly Tour Dates it's around this time of year that the concert scene in Philadelphia becomes rather meek. * ------------------------------------------ ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: CajunGram@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Sat, 2 Jan 1999 01:58:12 EST Subject: TMBG: CD Collections Well, here is my list of LP's. I think I spend way too much money of Cd's, but I can't help myself... Graham 1 The Amazing Royal Crowns The Amazing Royal Crowns 2 The Bangles Different Light (vinyl) 3 Barenaked Ladies Stunt 4 Barenaked Ladies One Week EP 5 The Beach Boys Pet Sounds 6 Beastie Boys Licensed To Ill 7 Beastie Boys Check Your Head 8 Beastie Boys Paul's Boutique 9 Beastie Boys Ill Communication 10 Beastie Boys Hello Nasty 11 Beastie Boys Love American Style EP (vinyl) 12 The Beatles The White Album 13 The Beatles Anthology 1 14 The Beatles Anthology 2 15 The Beatles Anthology 3 16 The Beatles Free As A Bird EP 17 The Beatles Beatles For Sale 18 The Beatles Rubber Soul 19 The Beatles Magical Mystery Tour 20 The Beatles Love Songs (vinyl) 21 The Beatles 20 Greatest Hits (vinyl) 22 Beck Loser EP 23 Beck Mellow Gold 24 Beck Odelay 25 Ben Folds Five Ben Folds Five 26 Ben Folds Five Whatever And Ever, Amen 27 Ben Folds Five Naked Baby Photos 28 Tracy Bonham The Burdens Of Being Upright 29 The Breeders Last Splash 30 The Breeders Saints EP 31 James Brown 20 All-time American Hits 32 Butthole Surfers Electriclarryland 33 The Chemical Brothers Block Rockin' Beats EP 34 The Chemical Brothers 35 Cornelius Fantasma 36 Elvis Costello My Aim Is True 37 Elvis Costello This Year's Model 38 Elvis Costello Live At El Mocambo 39 Elvis Costello Armed Forces 40 Elvis Costello Trust 41 Elvis Costello Blood And Chocolate 42 Elvis Costello Girls! Girls! Girls! 43 Elvis Costello Brutal Youth 44 Elvis Costello Extreme Honey 45 Elvis Costello The Very Best Of- 46 Daft Punk Homework 47 Dave Matthews Band Remember Two Things 48 Dave Matthews Band Under The Table And Dreaming 49 Dave Matthews Band Before These Crowded Streets 50 Devo Greatest Hits 51 Devo Smoothnoodlemaps 52 DJ Jazzy Jeff And The Fresh Prince Rock The House 53 DJ Jazzy Jeff And The Fresh Prince Greatest Hits 54 Dub Narcotic Sound System Boot Party 55 Dub Narcotic Sound System Bone Dry EP 56 Dub Narcotic Sound System Out of Your Mind 57 Dub Narcotic Sound System Out Of Your Mind (vinyl) 58 The Elevator Drops Pop Bus 59 Fatboy Slim You've Come A Long Way, Baby 60 Folk Implosion Natural One EP 61 Foo Fighters The Colour And The Shape 62 Funkmaster Flex The Mix Tape - Vol 3 63 Garbage Garbage 64 MC Hammer Please Hamer Don't Hurt 'Em 65 Jimi Hendrix The Ultimate Jimi Hendrix Experience 66 Hole Live Through This 67 Hum Downward Is Heavenward 68 Jay-Z Hard Knock Life Vol 1 69 Freedy Johnston This Perfect World 70 Freedy Johnston Never Home 71 Freedy Johnston Can You Fly 72 The Kinks You Really Got Me - The Very Best Of- 73 The Kinks Come Dancing With The Kinks - 1977-1986 74 Kraftwerk Autobahn 75 John Lennon The John Lennon Collection 76 John Lennon/Yoko Ono Double Fantasy (vinyl) 77 Paul McCartney Paul Is Live 78 Paul McCartney McCartney II (vinyl) 79 The Monkees Pool It! (vinyl) 80 Mono Puff Unsupervised 81 Mono Puff The Devil Went Down To Newport EP 82 Mono Puff It's Fun To Steal 83 Monty Python The Monty Python Instant Record Collection 84 Moxy Fruvous Bargainville 85 Moxy Fruvous Live Noise 86 Mudhoney Superfuzz Bigmuff + early singles 87 Mudhoney My Brother The Cow 88 Neil Young Landing On Water 89 Neil Young Freedom 90 Neil Young Ragged Glory 91 Nerf Herder Nerf Herder 92 Nirvana Smells Like Teen Spirit EP 93 Nirvana Bleach 94 Nirvana Nevermind 95 Nirvana Incesticide 96 Nirvana In Utero 97 Nirvana Heart Shaped Box EP 98 Nirvana Unplugged In New York 99 Nirvana B-Side Themselves 100 Nirvana Nevermind (vinyl) 101 No Doubt Tragic Kingdom 102 Oasis (What's The Story) Morning Glory? 103 Original Concept Straight From the Basement Of Kooley High! (vinyl) 104 Pearl Jam Vs. 105 Pearl Jam MerkinBall (w/ Neil Young) 106 Pizzicato 5 Happy End Of The World 107 Pizzicato 5 The Sound Of Music 108 Pizzicato 5 Unziped EP 109 Pizzicato 5 Made In USA 110 Iggy Pop Live On the King Biscuit Flower Hour 111 PUSA The Presidents Of The United States Of America 112 Puff Daddy And The Family No Way Out 113 Queen Greatest Hits 114 Jonathan Richman The Best Of- 115 Jonathan Richman I, Jonathan 116 Jonathan Richman Having A Party With Jonathan Richman 117 Jonathan Richman Precise Modern Lovers Order 118 Jonathan Richman It's Time For Jonathan Richman 119 Patti Smith Gone Again 120 Sonic Youth Goo 121 Sonic Youth Washing Machine 122 Sonic Youth Experimental, Jet Set, Crash Test, No Star 123 Soul Coughing Ruby Vroom 124 Soul Coughing Irresistable Bliss 125 Soul Coughing Sugar Free Jazz EP 126 Soul Coughing El Oso 127 Soundgarden Down On the Upside 128 Space Spiders 129 Spice Girls Spice 130 Spice Girls Spice World 131 Spice Girls Wannabe EP 132 Spice Girls 2 Become 1 EP 133 Spice Girls Stop EP 134 Sublime Robbin' The Hood 135 Sublime 40 oz To Freedom 136 Sublime Sublime 137 Sublime Second Hand Smoke 138 Matthew Sweet Altered Beast 139 Matthew Sweet Time Capsule EP 140 Matthew Sweet Girlfriend 141 Matthew Sweet 100 % Fun promo 142 Matthew Sweet 100 % Fun 143 Matthew Sweet Blue Sky On Mars 144 Matthew Sweet 100% Fun (vinyl) 145 They Might Be Giants Lincoln 146 They Might Be Giants Flood 147 They Might Be Giants Apollo 18 148 They Might Be Giants Why Does The Sun Shine EP 149 They Might Be Giants Back To Skull EP 150 They Might Be Giants John Henry 151 They Might Be Giants Factory Showroom 152 They Might Be Giants Then: TEY 153 They Might Be Giants Then: TEY promo 154 They Might Be Giants Severe Tire Damage promo 155 They Might Be Giants Sexxy EP 156 Various Austin Powers Soundtrack 157 Various Backbeat Soundtrack 158 Various Bad Boy Greatest Hits - Vol 1 159 Various Bride Of Chucky Soundtrack 160 Various BUGJuice Sampler (free CD from Jones Soda) 161 Various DGC Rarities (Nirvana, Sonic Youth, Eric's Trip) 162 Various The Full Monty Soundtrack 163 Various Hype! Soundtrack 164 Various No Alternative 165 Various Ultimate Dance Party 166 Various PGD Summer Sales Sampler 167 Various Screaming Life Bonus Disc 168 Various Hype Promo Disc 169 Various That Virtua Feeling: Sub Pop and Sega- 170 Various Masters of the Old School 171 Various Hard Rock Cafe Best of New Wave 172 Various Back To The Beach (vinyl) 173 Various Every Man Has A Woman (vinyl) 174 Veruca Salt Seether EP 175 Violent Femmes Add It Up (1981-1993) 176 Weird Al Yankovic Off The Deep End 177 Weird Al Yankovic Permanent Record 1 178 Weird Al Yankovic Permanent Record 2 179 Weird Al Yankovic Permanent Record 3 180 Weird Al Yankovic Permanent Record 4 181 Weird Al Yankovic Alapalooza 182 Wu-Tang Clan Wu-Tang Forever ------------------------------ Message-ID: <368DF97E.1BB10647@softhome.net> Date: Sat, 02 Jan 1999 02:48:31 -0800 From: Ian Wolfe Subject: Re: TMBG: CD Collections here's Ian's CD Collection, in no particular order. Pavement- Slanted and Enchanted " " - Westing " " - Watery, Domestic " " - Wowee Zowee " " - Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain " " - Brighten the Corners " " - Stuff up the Cracks(bootleg) Modest Mouse- This is a Long Drive for Someone with Nothing to Think About " " - The Lonesome Crowded West " " w/764-Hero- Whenever You See Fit Belle and Sebastian- The Boy with the Arab Strap " " - If You're Feeling Sinister Chavez- Ride the Fader Quasi- Featuring "Birds" The Cardigans- Gran Turismo Underworld- Pearl's Girl JSBX- Acme Fuck- Conduct " " - Baby Loves a Funny Bunny Smashing Pumpkins- Siamese Dream " " - Pisces Iscariot Nirvana- Nevermind " " - Bleach " " - Incsticide " " - In Utero " " - Unplugged " " - From the Muddy Banks of the Wishkah REM- Automatic for the People " " - Out of Time " " - Reckoning " " - Document Nine Inch Nails- The Downward Spiral " " - Broken " " - Pretty Hate Machine Pearl Jam- Vs. " " - Merkin Ball " " - Ten " " - Vitalogy Arab Strap- The Week Never Starts Around Here Pixies- Trompe le Monde Stereolab- Transient Random Noise Bursts with Announcements Beck- Mellow Gold " " - Mutations " " - Odelay Radiohead- The Bends " " - OK Computer " " - Pablo Honey " " - Airbag/ How am I Driving? Afghan Whigs- What Jail is Like Aphex Twin- Come to Daddy Squarepusher- Music is Rotted One Note TMBG- Sever Tire Damage " " - Apollo 18 " " - John Henry " " - Flood " " - Lincoln Soul Asylum- Grave Dancers Union(my first cd) Beastie Boys- Hello Nasty Silver Jews- American Water " " - The Natural Bridge Portishead- Portishead " " - Sour Times single " " - Dummy Tricky- Pre-Millenium Tension " " - Maxinqauye " " - Angels with Dirty Faces Various Artists- What's Up Matador and some toher assorted crap i cant remember ian ------------------------------ Message-ID: <006401be3631$5a5e9d00$79d12581@oemcomputer> From: "kelspots" Subject: TMBG: Westerville, OH Date: Sat, 2 Jan 1999 04:21:56 -0500 I've been doing some research, seeing as I know where Westerville is, (northeast of Columbus) and I've been to Otterbein College (my school was a big rival). I haven't made much headway, but I did find this, which I thought was interesting: 29 8:00 pm** Artist Series - They Might Be Giants The asterisks mean no one's supposed to schedule anything against it, so at least the concert's relatively important. I'll keep looking, and give a call down there on Monday to see what I can find out. Keep you all posted! Amy :) [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.3.32.19990102102818.0091b250@mail.csrlink.net> Date: Sat, 02 Jan 1999 10:28:18 -0500 From: Dylan Flipse Subject: Re: TMBG: SGC2C and CDs Might as well get two posts out of the way at once. At 12:04 AM 1/2/99 -0500, the Amazing Adam Schaaf wrote: > >y'know, they never did show flansy on C2C this year. that space ghost >thing was aired last new year's and also said that flans would be on >in the future. in my opinion, the flansy coast to coast episode should >air about the same time that superfueled freaksicle gets released. I have a female friend who swore to me that she was watching it one friday night a few months ago when I was talking to her on IRC. This held up even a few days later under the dreaded Tickle Torture, so I suppose she was telling the truth. I can get the date sometime, but my best guess is around 2 months. As for my CDs, here they are-(As seen on www.flipse.com) Douglas Adams The Hitch-hiker's Guide To The Galaxy Radio Series-Both Seasons (6 CDs) Aerosmith Get a Grip Permanant Vacation Assorted Artists MTV Party to Go Volume 3 MTV Party to Go Volume 4 Jock Rock Wayne's World Soundtrack The Mask Soundtrack Maverick The Soundtrack Forrest Gump Soundtrack (2 CDs) Ultimate Dance Party Favorites Music From the X-files Hits Post Modern Syndrome-Fall Classic Fat Music For Fat People Blues Traveler Four Butthole Surfers Electriclarryland Sheryl Crow Tuesday Night Music Club Cub Box of Hair Da Vinci's Notebook Bendy's Law Fountains of Wayne Fountains of Wayne Green Day Dookie Insomniac Hagfish Hagfish The Jerky Boys The Jerky Boys 2 Jewel Pieces of You Lincoln Lincoln Dave Matthews Band Under the Table and Dreaming The Mighty Mighty Bosstones Let's Face It Moby Animal Rights Mono Puff Unsupervised It's Fun to Steal Alanis Morissette Jagged Little Pill Moxy Fruvous You Will Go To The Moon Bargainville Live Noise Wood The B Album No Doubt Tragic Kingdom The Residents Commercial Album Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers Wildflowers Greatest Hits She's the One Liz Phair Whip-Smart The Presidents of the United States of America The Presidents of the United States of America Pure Frosting R.E.M. Monster Save Ferris It Means Everything Smashing Pumpkins Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness (2 CDs) Siamese Dream The John Spencer Blues Explosion Now I Got Worry Squirrel Nut Zippers Perennial Favorites Hot They Might be Giants Apollo 18 Flood Factory Showroom They Might Be Giants (Commonly called The Pink Album) John Henry Then:The Earlier Years (2 CDs) The Statue Got Me High (ep) Why Does The Sun Shine? (ep) Back to Skull (ep) S-E-X-X-Y (5 Song)(ep) Istanbul (Not Constantinople) (ep) S-E-X-X-Y (3 song Promo)(ep) S-E-X-X-Y (3 Song)(ep) Lincoln (lp) Misc. T (lp) I Palindrome I(ep) S-E-X-X-Y (2 Song Promo)(ep) Snail Shell (1 Song Promo)(ep) AKA Driver (1 Song Promo)(ep) Then:The Earlier Years, Instore Play Sampler(ep) Severe Tire Damage Violent Femmes Why Do Birds Sing? Add It Up (1981-1993) Weezer Weezer Wilco A.M. XTC Nonsuch Drums and Wires Adds up to about 85. I plan to purchase another Cub album or two, and the first Save Ferris album, and maybe the new Liz Phair too. I was also pondering purchasing some Yazbek after hearing some nice things about him on here, same goes for a couple other bands. Dylan "Awaiting the garsh-darned return of that frickin-frackin Mike Leffel" Flipse ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990102164622.7227.rocketmail@send201.yahoomail.com> Date: Sat, 2 Jan 1999 08:46:22 -0800 (PST) From: Happy Cow Subject: Re: TMBG: SGC2C Yeah, that episode with Flans came out a year ago...I think. Every time I see it, I just get pissed off because they never actually made a show out of that interview. I've e-mailed the show, asking them if Flansy is ever going to be on, and they just say "We're not really sure" (which I take as a big fat NO). Oh well, I guess I should be happy that he was on the show at all... Sorry for my ranting and babbling..... == ~Connie~ "Ever tried to eat smoked turkey, whipped cream, and diced tomatoes all at the same time? No? Oh...um, me niether...." _________________________________________________________ DO YOU YAHOO!? Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 02 Jan 1999 12:13:06 -0500 (EST) From: Josh Woodward Subject: Re: TMBG: Westerville Show Message-id: On Fri, 1 Jan 1999, Happy Cow wrote: > >(kind of sort of on my way to Ann Arbor for Moxy > >Fruvous on the 30th) > > I thiught the MF show on the 30th eas in Dayton, OH!!! Nope! That's on the 3rd. Check it out if you're in the area; it's a small and wonderful club to see Fruvous in. See www.fruvous.com for their current itenerary: Thur Dec 31 New York, NY The Bottom Line Fri Jan 1 New York, NY The Bottom Line Sat Jan 2 New York, NY The Bottom Line Thur Jan 7 Los Angeles, CA The Roxy Fri Jan 29 Windsor, ON Mackenzie Hall Sat Jan 30 Ann Arbor, MI Ann Arbor Folk Festival Wed Feb 3 Dayton, OH Canal Street Thur Feb 4 Pittsburgh, PA Graffiti's Fri Feb 5 Washington, DC The 930 Club Sat Feb 6 Philadelphia, PA Trocadero Fri Feb 19 Toronto, ON Lee's Palace Sat Feb 20 Toronto, ON Lee's Palace Sun Feb 21 Toronto, ON Lee's Palace I'll be in Windsor for the Fruvous show instead of in Westerville for the Giants. Ahwell! * ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Josh Woodward, CheEsy Fru. joshw@mail.bgsu.edu Web Site and Tape List: http://www.dc-adnet.com/joshw/ "You're denser than I thought, Woodward." ------------------------------ Message-ID: Date: Sat, 2 Jan 1999 13:29:47 -0500 (EST) From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: Re: TMBG: Westerville Show Excerpts from internet.music.tmbg: 2-Jan-99 Re: TMBG: Westerville Show by Josh Woodward@bgnet0.bgs > Thur Feb 4 Pittsburgh, PA Graffiti's > Fri Feb 5 Washington, DC The 930 Club > Sat Feb 6 Philadelphia, PA Trocadero > Fri Feb 19 Toronto, ON Lee's Palace > Sat Feb 20 Toronto, ON Lee's Palace > Sun Feb 21 Toronto, ON Lee's Palace You know, I wish TMBG would do something like this... convenient tour dates are wonderful... or maybe I'm just crazy for trying to go to all 6 of these. when was the last time TMBG played in DC, then Philly, if ever? Lawrence Solomon http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~lps/ lps@andrew.cmu.edu "You keep handing out horseshoes * This space inadvertently Horseshoes have gotta be tossed." -Moxy Fruvous * left with stuff in it. ------------------------------ From: LinnellLvr@aol.com Message-ID: <86a55dcb.368e6e7f@aol.com> Date: Sat, 2 Jan 1999 14:07:43 EST Subject: TMBG: Another of my stupidly long TMBG dreams... This thread must be very worn by now, but I had another TMBG dream last night. They didn't play a single song! They didn't even have their instruments! Oh well, it was still a nice dream, even if it was a little confusing. This is a long one, since I'm a sucker for detail. Sorry! Enjoy. I was sitting in a classroom. Sitting two desks in front of me was a guy who looked exactly like John Flansburgh. I wanted to ask him who he was, but I was nervous to. When he got up at one point to sharpen a pencil, I noticed a drawing pad that looked identical to my own sitting on his desk. I stood up and looked at the drawing. It was a cartoony rendition of Flansy wearing a cape and boots. It looked really silly, but it was very well-drawn. I noticed that the signature at the bottom was the same as Flans'. Then I knew for sure that the guy in front of me really was John Flansburgh. When he was done sharpening his pencil, Flans walked back to his desk, but he tripped and nearly fell on the way. He immediately laughed it off and began bowing, cracking jokes about his gracefulness. The entire class burst into applause, and I heard a few girls behind me saying, "Wow! He's so cool! What amazing stage presence!" I smiled, looked Flans straight in the eye and said, "Just like when you're onstage." He got a funny look on his face, like he hadn't expected anyone to recognize him. He then sat down. When the bell rang, Flans came back to my desk. "So I guess you know who I am?" I smiled. "Of course. Mister John Flansburgh! It's such a pleasure to meet you!" He extended his hand, and I shook it. "So what are you doing here? I thought you've been out of school for years!" "Yeah, I have been. But Linnell's down here in Virginia doing some weird thing involving cookies, so I figured I'd take a vacation myself!" Flans explained. "To a high school?!" I asked incredulously. "Some vacation." Flans smiled. "I missed my old school days at Lincoln-Sudbury." "Uh...this is Tallwood High!" I exclaimed. "Why didn't you go to Massachusetts?" "Oh, come on. You know Linnell and I are inseperable!" Flans said. "I thought that was only as a band, I didn't know you went everywhere together!" I said, mildly shocked. "Well, now you know!" Then Flans looked at me for a moment, pondering something. "You know, Linnell could probably use your help on whatever the hell he's doing with those cookies. Why don't you go see him?" "My help?" I asked. "Why mine?" In a flash of what could only be telepathy, Flans replied, "You'd turn up an offer to go see the hottest guy you know of?" Instead of questioning him further, I agreed. "Where do I find him?" "You'll find him." Flans said. "Now I gotta go. It was nice meeting you." "Wait a minute! Can I see your drawing pad later?" I asked. "This?" Flans asked, holding up the pad. "Uh, sure, but Natalie got to it." I had no clue who Natalie was, but I said, "That's okay! I still want to see your drawings! And later on, I can show you mine! I have a scetch of Mr. Linnell playing the accordion that people have said is very good." "Cool," Flans said, grinning. "I'll see you later! Good luck finding Linnell!" Somehow, I was able to find where Linnell was, and I entered a completely black room. The only light came from a deep blue lightbulb right over Linnell's head. He was sitting in a chair, dressed all in black. I walked over to him, and he looked up and smiled at me. "I take it Mr. Flansburgh told you to find me?" "Uh, yes," I replied. "I'm Les--" He raised a hand. "There's no need for you introduce yourself, miss. I know who you are already." I was a little taken aback, but I tried not to let it phase me. "Okay, so anyway, Mr. Flansburgh said you needed some help with cookies, Mr. Linnell." "You're right, I do!" He laughed softly then, stood up, took my hand, and led me past the light into the complete blackness of the rest of the room. The next part of my dream had nothing to do with TMBG, except I found a HUGE bag of cookies with Linnell's picture on the back...I still don't get the thing with the cookies. Oh well. Oh, and just as a side-note, on December 25th, I celebrated my one-year anniversary as a Gianthead!!! I'm so happy! ^_^ Leslie ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Message-ID: <23eb1460.368ed92e@aol.com> Date: Sat, 2 Jan 1999 21:42:54 EST Subject: NON-TMBG: Fruvous (was Westerville Show) In a message dated 1/2/99 12:14:04 PM, joshw@bgnet0.bgsu.edu writes: >Fri Feb 19 Toronto, ON Lee's Palace >Sat Feb 20 Toronto, ON Lee's Palace >Sun Feb 21 Toronto, ON Lee's Palace > these shows are NOT all ages which is kinda .. inopportune seeing as that's the fruhead convention weekend. which means? my plans to go are shot, but that's aok, i'm seeing sloan in buffalo instead! sarah ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Sat, 2 Jan 1999 22:05:09 -0700 Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Fruvous Message-ID: <19990102.220514.4366.0.TMBgirl@juno.com> >these shows are NOT all ages which is kinda .. inopportune seeing as >that's >the fruhead convention weekend. could you see the giants having a "convention" :D that'd be the day! I could see flans being totally cool about it but linnell like having some anxiety attack or something cuz he's surrounded by so many people that like worship him. just reminds me how freekin awesome the Frulads really are. :) take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html :::two years ago today, i was in giant-bliss::: ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-Id: <2.2.32.19990103052041.006f0130@mail.utexas.edu> Date: Sun, 03 Jan 1999 00:20:41 -0500 From: Mitchell Harding Subject: Re: TMBG: Tramps shows opening act >the opening act... the songs weren't bad, but he had no stage presence >whatsoever. he couldn't keep the audience's attention between songs, >and most of his jokes fell very flat. I'm guessing he sounds better on >CD. He'd probably sound better with a band, too. I also forgot his >name. His name is Carmaig de Forest. I thought he was very good. He was somewhat unrefined, but I think with time his music will mature nicely. He got a much better audience reaction at the earlier show. >worm // (unknown?) / bird / dig What did the unknown song sound like? Remind me of it. Do you remember any parts of it? Harf, Mitch http://ccwf.cc.utexas.edu/~mitcharf/index.html "Men who are unhappy, like men who sleep badly, are always proud of the fact." - Bertrand Russell ------------------------------ From: HallOfEyes@aol.com Message-ID: <98b58291.368f02c5@aol.com> Date: Sun, 3 Jan 1999 00:40:21 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: Tramps shows opening act In a message dated 1/3/99 12:20:44 AM Eastern Standard Time, mitcharf@austin.rr.com writes: << His name is Carmaig de Forest. I thought he was very good. He was somewhat unrefined, but I think with time his music will mature nicely. >> Heh I think it already has. I got both of his albums and the first one is from 93. The 2nd one has most of the songs he played at the early show. I really like it...there are lots of interesting vocal effects on the albums and the songs are nice with a full band. Though I liked "Bad Things Happen" (the song sung to someone who died) better live...it is faster on the album...though still good! I realize this doesn't have much tmbg content so I will talk about the show a bit. It was a pretty damn good show. I enjoyed the Bowery shows a lot more. But my highlights for the NYE early show were--- Linnell starting "I Am Not Your Broom" before Flans was ready. So me, and a select few members of the audience around me were the broom. Linnell pointed to us while he sang while Flans looked at him with an almost sad, left out look. Flans, during Actual Size going down to the bar and singing to the bartender, and then playing with the cash register and stuff. Then telling Dan Hickey to play certain types of drums and cymbals, describing each one. "The sensual allure of the high hat." etc While Flans was playing, some moron in the audience sent 3 balloons on a string hovering towards him. Flans stepped back with a funny look on his face and then popped each balloon with the guitar pegs (at least I think they are called that) Got to play Flansburgh's guitar during the Famous Polka! And then again after the song was over while Flans tried to get the photographer to catch a shot of it. Linnell then said sarcastically these pictures will be on their website. for some reason someone threw a can of what seemed to be soup on stage while Flans was talking...Im not sure if he saw it or not, because he didn't react to it (a la Rochester 96 ::looks at Sarah::) but Dan Weinkauff kicked it to the side while Linnell stared at it. Thats about it. They didn't play Sapphire Bullets even though it was written on the setlist...they did play No One Knows My Plan after a request from the audience. And after Flans wrote a song twice on the setlist, he didnt know what song to do next. Obviously, this led from loud screams for certain songs for them to play...they ended up doing To All the Girls I've Loved Before, with Flans singing into the Stick. It was cool...but I think I would have liked something rarer. all in all...a yummy show Jordan ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #14-3 *****************************