Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #14-9 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 14, Number 9 Saturday, 9 January 1999 Today's Topics: TMBG: SCREW EBAY! Get the non-profit TMBG Video Bootlegs today! Re: TMBG: SEXXY Bass Re: TMBG: What's wrong with Pet Name? Re: TMBG: SEXXY Bass TMBG: TMBG Dial-a-Song recent songs NON-TMBG: Fruvous Sounds (was Re: First time I heard TMBG...?) Re: TMBG: SEXXY Bass Re: TMBG: TMBG Dial-a-Song recent songs Re: TMBG: TMBG Dial-a-Song recent songs TMBG: Tape Tree for Oct 16th show TMBG: progress? Re: TMBG: SEXXY Bass RE: TMBG: TMBG Dial-a-Song recent songs Re: TMBG: progress? re: Non-TMBG: OMLTs TMBG: Re: What's wrong with Pet Name? + Pass the Dude + Quoting Re: TMBG: Re: What's wrong with Pet Name? + Pass the Dude + Quoting TMBG: Tape tree Re: TMBG: Tape tree Re: TMBG: Tape Tree for Oct 16th show Re: TMBG: progress? TMBG: RECORD LABEL TMBG: Fly Away: Fingertips Candidate TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #14-8 TMBG: Re: Dr. Spock's Backup Band, Jackyl's site? Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-ID: <369619D9.1EC68D75@btc.adaptec.com> Date: Fri, 08 Jan 1999 07:44:41 -0700 From: Russ Josephson Organization: Adaptec, Inc Subject: TMBG: SCREW EBAY! Get the non-profit TMBG Video Bootlegs today! > Date: Thu, 7 Jan 1999 13:47:25 -0500 (EST) > Message-Id: <199901071847.NAA02424@ussenterprise.ufp.org> > From: hellhotel@tmbg.org > Subject: TMBG: Interesting item on eBay web site item#52948831: They Might Be > Giants - Dial -A- Song > > now this is just retarded...it was $47 earlier...i can see some misguided soul > with a lot of $$ paying that much for this but, THIS IS RIDICULOUS!! who the > HELL would pay this much for this?? > > -Baffled Hell Hotel Subject: SCREW EBAY! Get the non-profit TMBG Video Bootlegs today! I'm sick of hearing about TMBG rarities that someone is selling at auction. I've collected over 8 hours of TMBG videos--with the generous help of fans from all over. It includes: TV appearances, in-store appearances, free concerts, and I'm making them available to TMBG fans at my cost. Just $7 per 2-hour tape on HiFi grade tape ($6.50 for HG and $6 for regular). Check out my web page at http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/7158/tmbg.htm for the details. Order now before the postage rates go up and I go broke or have to raise the price! Peace, Russ -- WORK: HOME: Adaptec, Inc. Russ Josephson 1951 S. Fordham St. 1217 N. Aspen Dr. Longmont, CO 80503 Berthoud, CO 80513-1040 Phone: (303) 684-4722 (970) 532-0453 Fax: (303) 684-3020 (970) 690-1509 (cellular) mailto:russj@btc.adaptec.com mailto:russj@juno.com http://www.adaptec.com http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/7158 ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Fri, 08 Jan 1999 08:06:50 -0800 From: "Spencer Owen" Subject: Re: TMBG: SEXXY Bass Farside: Yes, you were right about the bass on S-E-X-X-Y, it is Mr. Maby on the whole album. I just thought it was Cragin because he co-wrote the song. Hmm. (By the way, I don't know how well sarcasm translates to e-mail unless you say, "BY THE WAY, I WAS BEING SARCASTIC.") :-) Damnit! I like the "Feel-Good Sublet," but damnit! Get it off that Dial-a-Song. They've been playing it too much recently. Aside from paying $87 for that eBay bootleg, how else could I hear "Certain People I Could Name"? Please explain, everyone loves it so and I've only seen the lyrics. Another song no one seems to like... "Boat of Car". How come? It's, in my opinion, in the running for the most creative song on the Pink Album. I like the fact that they brought someone else in to sing it, although I could hear Flans's voice resonating in it too. I'm gettin' into Moxy Fruvous, thanks to some recommendations from the list. I, however, have not heard Mono Puff. How's it? I'd like to get into Flans's side project. I have some favorite bands, too! Radiohead The Police Modest Mouse Soul Coughing Ani DiFranco Spiritualized Cake Patti Smith R.E.M. Pavement ....I'll list more when I can think of them, I'm away from my brain now. :) "people should get beat up for stating their beliefs." --spencer ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990108160831.17260.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Todd Wetherbee" Subject: Re: TMBG: What's wrong with Pet Name? Date: Fri, 08 Jan 1999 08:08:27 PST >Looking through a few posts, I've noticed a distinct lack of liking around the >list for "Pet Name". Now, to each his own, of course, and not to offend >anyone, but may I pose a simple "why"? It's my favorite song on Factory >Showroom, I think it's a simply wonderful song, and I'd just like to know why >it seems to be so disliked. > >Sorry again, >Leslie I'm a big fan of Pet Name too, and I think Schermerhorn sounds real smooth on the album track. (as does Graham Maby) My new favorite TMBG song is Pet Name. Farside ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <36962564.31A1@earthlink.net> Date: Fri, 08 Jan 1999 11:33:58 -0400 From: "K.C." Subject: Re: TMBG: SEXXY Bass CPICN is still available through the online DAS. www.dialasong.com/sound/ But only Edison Museum is available along with it. They used to have all the old songs archived, but now you can't get them. Anyone else having the same problem? Anyone still have the old ones? -Your Metropolitan Area known as Kansas City ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Fri, 08 Jan 1999 10:21:38 -0800 From: "Spencer Owen" Subject: TMBG: TMBG Dial-a-Song recent songs You guys ever heard "Operators are Standing By"? It's a great song. It might be one of my favorites tomorrow. "4 of 2" was a great one too. A helpful, kind person (named AugieWan) informed me of a sort of "back door" to the TMBG website... :) If you guys don't know about it, it's http://www.tmbg.com/dial http://www.tmbg.com/dial/sound Oh, and never forget... (718) 387-6962 (718) 387-6962 (718) 387-6962 (718) 387-6962 (718) 387-6962 (718) 387-6962 (718) 387-6962 (718) 387-6962 (718) 387-6962 (718) 387-6962 (718) 387-6962 (718) 387-6962 (718) 387-6962 (718) 387-6962 (718) 387-6962 (718) 387-6962 (sorry, i so love the idea of dial-a-song i can't stop promoting it...) :) "we're here to make you happy, that's all we're programmed for..." --spencer ------------------------------ Message-ID: <369652C8.85C600B7@rosevc.rose-hulman.edu> Date: Fri, 08 Jan 1999 13:47:36 -0500 From: Chad Maloney Subject: NON-TMBG: Fruvous Sounds (was Re: First time I heard TMBG...?) Spencer Owen wrote: > I'm going to hear Moxy Fruvous at some music store somewhere soon, I've > never heard them and a few people on the list recommended them. Can anyone > describe their sound for me? That's a hard thing to do, but I'll try. First a quote: "What does Moxy Fruvous sound like? They sound like the Roches meet XTC at a party thrown by Camper Van Beethoven for Robyn Hitchcock's marriage to Cole Porter with They Might Be Giants as wedding band and Tom Lehrer acting as minister, but just as everyone starts singing old Queen songs the party is crashed by the entire cast of the Muppet Show. Moxy Fruvous is that good." -The Octopus (Champaign, IL), September 1996 Now some opinion: I've seen Moxy Fruvous almost 50 times over the past year and a half (my first show was July 31st, 1997), so I'm probably biased one way or another. Be warned. Moxy Fruvous is an incredible group of musicians. They do a wide range of music, some acapella, some other very heavily complex in instrumentation. They have polically motivated humorous songs and silly songs. Most all the songs have very deep meaning in them and they are very intelligent musically and lyrically (which is where they get compared to TMBG in my opinion). If you live in a place where you can see them live, I more than highly recommend it. Their live show is one of the best in the business and you get to see the incredible wit and speedy intellect of these 4 men. You can get more Fruvous information than you could ever care for at http://www.fruvous.com including a very up to date tour information/summary. Oh, and they like doing TMBG snippets at shows to see if anyone is paying attention. Of course Jian usually screws them up, but hey, he can't even remember Fruvous lyrics sometime... - Chad ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990108185640.8726.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: SEXXY Bass Date: Fri, 08 Jan 1999 10:56:40 PST Spencer Owen wrote: >Farside: Yes, you were right about the bass on S-E-X-X-Y, it is Mr. >Maby on the whole album. I just thought it was Cragin because he >co-wrote the song. It WAS Cragin. He also played bass on "New York City," and for the ending of "XTC Vs. Adam Ant." It's in the liner notes, people! By the way, does anyone know if "S-E-X-X-Y" was originally intended to be a Mono Puff song? After all, Hal worked on it, and it has that Mono Puff kind of groove. >Another song no one seems to like... "Boat of Car". How come? It's, >in my opinion, in the running for the most creative song on the Pink >Album. I think it's pretty good, although quite minimalist (which doesn't bother me all that much, but it does bother some people). Actually, the first few times I heard that song, I found it quite creepy. It has a "haunting" sound to it. >I'm gettin' into Moxy Fruvous, thanks to some recommendations from >the list. I, however, have not heard Mono Puff. How's it? I'd like to >get into Flans's side project. As I mentioned before, they tend to have more of a "groove" to their songs than TMBG. That's not true of ALL of their songs, though, since there is quite a bit of variety among Mono Puff pieces. If you like TMBG, I'd advise you to check out Mono Puff, since they're really quite similar (despite the absence of Linnell). -- May you live in interesting times, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <001e01be3b3d$6107d660$5999e7ce@Balloon> From: "Balloon" Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG Dial-a-Song recent songs Date: Fri, 8 Jan 1999 14:30:40 -0500 >You guys ever heard "Operators are Standing By"? It's a great song. It might be one of my favorites tomorrow. "4 of 2" was a great one too. A helpful, kind person (named AugieWan) informed me of a sort of "back door" to the TMBG website... :) If you guys don't know about it, it's > Speaking of augieWan, whats his web site URL? i lost it when my computer crashed. -HellHotel ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 8 Jan 1999 15:41:24 -0500 Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG Dial-a-Song recent songs Message-ID: <19990108.154221.9590.0.captainmarvel2@juno.com> From: captainmarvel2@juno.com (Derek A Klein) http://www.thespeakeasy.com/augiewan Speaking of that site, what the hell happened? Out of all the songs that are their, there's only like two of them that still have working links. Anyone know what happened? I never got a response when I e-mailed him about it. Derek "What is everyone staring at?" On Fri, 8 Jan 1999 14:30:40 -0500 "Balloon" writes: > > >>You guys ever heard "Operators are Standing By"? It's a great song. >It >might be one of my favorites tomorrow. "4 of 2" was a great one too. A >helpful, kind person (named AugieWan) informed me of a sort of "back >door" >to the TMBG website... :) If you guys don't know about it, it's >> > >Speaking of augieWan, whats his web site URL? i lost it when my >computer >crashed. > >-HellHotel > > ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3696724F.276F047F@rosevc.rose-hulman.edu> Date: Fri, 08 Jan 1999 16:02:07 -0500 From: Chad Maloney Subject: TMBG: Tape Tree for Oct 16th show Hey All, They Might Be Giants October 16th 1998 The Bowery Ballroom, New York, NY is a new tree up on the Turtle Trees. Check it out if you want a CDR or DAT of the show, which looks to be very high quality from the source information. Turtle Trees are usually very reliable (I've had no trouble getting my tapes before). URL: http://members.aol.com/ElTortuga4/Trees/Main.html Enjoy! - Chad ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19990108163217.007aa510@pop.mindspring.com> Date: Fri, 08 Jan 1999 16:32:17 -0500 From: Ben Bradshaw Subject: TMBG: progress? I'm not sure if I have a skewed view of the genius of TMBG lyrics, but it seems to me that with FS and the new songs on STD, Their songs are losing their lyrical crypticness. I remember when I first heard Lincoln, The Pink Album, and even John Henry, I would have almost zero idea about what they were talking until I looked at the interpretations at tmbg.org. However, since FS almost all the album songs have been nearly popishly simple. Is this a decrease or increase in quality? Or has this trend just been an attempt to garner more attention? I hope it is just a grab for popularity, because I'm dying to to hear some new, seemingly impossible, yet fiendishly simple lyrics. Ben ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Fri, 8 Jan 1999 16:28:16 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: SEXXY Bass In a message dated 1/8/99 11:02:05 AM, SOwen@windwardschool.org writes: >Another song no one seems to like... "Boat of Car". How come? It's, in >my opinion, in the running for the most creative song on the Pink Album. >I like the fact that they brought someone else in to sing it, although >I could hear Flans's voice resonating in it too. i'll defend boat of car. i dig it. it's fun to play loud and sing along with. eh. i was tr'in' ta get some-where but-now i'm-fol-low-in' the *traces* of your fin-ger-nails.. sarah ------------------------------ From: "AugieWan" Subject: RE: TMBG: TMBG Dial-a-Song recent songs Date: Fri, 8 Jan 1999 17:04:37 -0500 Message-ID: <000301be3b52$e208fef0$0cffff0a@dancinkthree> AugieWan here... Sorry to those who have contacted me about the broken links at my site. I've been a very busy little boy of late. I just went to my TMBG page myself and there were 33 songs listed and all but 7 were fully functional, so by all means download away! I will clean up the broken links soon and add some more songs. Sorry for the lack of updates recently, AugieWan > http://www.thespeakeasy.com/augiewan > > Speaking of that site, what the hell happened? Out of all the songs that > are their, there's only like two of them that still have working links. > Anyone know what happened? I never got a response when I e-mailed him > about it. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990108221748.7788.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: progress? Date: Fri, 08 Jan 1999 14:17:48 PST Ben Bradshaw wrote: > I'm not sure if I have a skewed view of the genius of TMBG >lyrics, but it >seems to me that with FS and the new songs on STD, Their songs are >losing >their lyrical crypticness. I remember when I first heard Lincoln, >The Pink >Album, and even John Henry, I would have almost zero idea about what >they >were talking until I looked at the interpretations at tmbg.org. >However, >since FS almost all the album songs have been nearly popishly >simple. I sometimes feel the same way. They have written some cryptic songs recently, but this type of song doesn't seem to be quite as common as it was in the earlier years. It's interesting that the Johns Themselves gave interpretations of the FS songs. They really didn't do anything of the sort for Their earlier songs (with some exceptions, like "Purple Toupee"). This might have contributed to my opinion on how straightforward the FS songs were. >Is this a decrease or increase in quality? I'd say it's a decrease in a way, since I liked the cryptic feel of the early songs. The Johns have written some songs that were fairly straightforward, but still interesting to listen to. "Certain People I Could Name" and "The Bells Are Ringing" would fit into this category. They're based on simple ideas, but they express these ideas in unusual ways. >Or has this trend just been an >attempt to garner more attention? I hope it is just a grab for >popularity, >because I'm dying to to hear some new, seemingly impossible, yet >fiendishly >simple lyrics. I don't really know if there was any conscious attempt on the Johns' part to move away from cryptic lyrics. Perhaps there was, though. I suppose only two people know for sure. -- May you live in interesting times, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199901082340.PAA28743@geocities.com> From: Vladimir Drakul Subject: re: Non-TMBG: OMLTs Date: 08 Jan 99 15:37:57 -0800 No, you make perfect sense. The project was handed down to Rob Plass. So, Rob, where IS that money? Hm? -Vlad Download Neoplanet at http://www.neoplanet.com [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Fri, 08 Jan 1999 16:33:06 -0800 From: "Spencer Owen" Subject: TMBG: Re: What's wrong with Pet Name? + Pass the Dude + Quoting For some reason, Pet Name strikes me as achingly similar to Dirt Bike. I really have no clue why, I guess the kind of "slow-smooth-groove" style that they've recently adapted as one of their own is similar in both. I like both songs, they aren't my favorites in any respect but they've both got cool lyrics and they both have the smooth-dude Flans vocals on them. By the way, the first time I heard them refer to Pass the Dude, I thought they were talking about pot (LOL). Stupid me. I'm sure there's some of that going on too. Jesus, Dave Matthews Band's fans do nothing but get high... I was at a concert and I kept having to wave away the wafts of marijuana smoke that kept floating past me. Personally, it disgusts me. Anyhow. (Sorry, I had to say that. I have to type anything that comes into my mind while I'm typing.) :) Have any of you ever gone into "quoting spasms" or "quoting fits"? You know, those moments where you think of a TMBG lyric and you HAVE to say it or sing it, or you're online and there's nobody around you in person to hear it so you just HAVE to type it to someone... I think I'm just really really weird. I am pretty obsessed now, this band has been my life for the past couple of weeks. I'll get over it on January 19th, anyway, and probably start quoting things from Ani DiFranco's new album, "Up Up Up Up Up Up" (which you must buy or it is proof that you are Satan's child......................j/k). :-) "maestro! i say, right on!" --spencer ------------------------------ From: Alterian@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Fri, 8 Jan 1999 20:43:57 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: What's wrong with Pet Name? + Pass the Dude + Quoting For some reason I somehow linked Ive got a match with Pet Name... they both got that kind of feel that you could imagine someone singing it lying on the floor in a sort of daze ::shrugs:: When I came back from the Toronto Concert this year and went to school the next day (I took a looooong shower before I did), I had my rabbit (mutilated beanie baby) Lago with me that i had took to the concert and I was weird all day due to the fact that I had no sleep and i was running on TMBG adrenaline, so I made everyone smell my rabbit cause I thought it was funny cause he smelled like smoke (I was in a really weird mood! don't make fun of me!) and everyone told me "You know... that doesn't smell like cigarette smoke Amber..." Let me go on record as to saying I've never smoked anything in my life, contrary to popular belief. I just thought it was funny. I quote TMBG often. Its fun to quote No One Knows my Plan, if the person never heard the song, or I palindrome I. -Amber the Transcendent ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 09 Jan 1999 01:58:06 +0000 (GMT) From: npdev Subject: TMBG: Tape tree Message-id: <01J6BIZ673XEA0Z01K@accuwx.com> Organization: AccuWeather, Inc Someone earlier today posted info about a tape and cdr tree singup going on. Could someone repost the msg. or url. Thanks Peter ohlert@accuwx.com ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 8 Jan 1999 21:53:42 -0500 Subject: Re: TMBG: Tape tree Message-ID: <19990108.215345.2790.0.captainmarvel2@juno.com> From: captainmarvel2@juno.com (Derek A Klein) http://members.aol.com/ElTortuga4/Trees/Main.html Derek "What is everyone staring at?" On Sat, 09 Jan 1999 01:58:06 +0000 (GMT) npdev writes: >Someone earlier today posted info about a tape and cdr tree singup going on. >Could someone repost the msg. or url. > >Thanks >Peter >ohlert@accuwx.com > ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: Kreadoubt@aol.com Message-ID: <1d1e0e35.3696c86a@aol.com> Date: Fri, 8 Jan 1999 22:09:30 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: Tape Tree for Oct 16th show repost by request ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ In a message dated 1/8/99 1:03:22 PM Pacific Standard Time, opercmm@rosevc.rose-hulman.edu writes: << Hey All, They Might Be Giants October 16th 1998 The Bowery Ballroom, New York, NY is a new tree up on the Turtle Trees. Check it out if you want a CDR or DAT of the show, which looks to be very high quality from the source information. Turtle Trees are usually very reliable (I've had no trouble getting my tapes before). URL: http://members.aol.com/ElTortuga4/Trees/Main.html Enjoy! - Chad ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ "Check it out, check it TOTALLY out!" JF ------------------------------ From: Batbrain99@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Fri, 8 Jan 1999 23:57:20 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: progress? not all the songs are that simple! sure, most of them are... but look at spiralling shape. sure it looks simple... but nobody even knows what its talking about yet! maybe its not talking about anything! who knows?! s-e-x-x- y: pimpin song or child deficiency? till my head falls off is quite good and witty too. but best of all is the bells are ringing... very deep stuff! and doctor worm aint bad. before i read the interpretations, i had no idea what the heck it was talking about!!!! so i say, while still losing some of their original wit (out of ideas, most likely) they substain enough to keep me comin back for more! batbrain ------------------------------ From: Gweeg@aol.com Message-ID: <72978a39.3696e63d@aol.com> Date: Sat, 9 Jan 1999 00:16:45 EST Subject: TMBG: RECORD LABEL DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THEY HAVE TO SIGNED A RECORD LABEL YET? ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Fri, 8 Jan 1999 23:29:46 -0600 From: Kim Justice Subject: TMBG: Fly Away: Fingertips Candidate The more times I hear Lenny Kravitz's song "Fly Away", the more I'm convinced it's way too complete and that it would be far better in the "Fingertips" format: I want to get away. I want to fly away. Yeah yeah yeah. kj -- justicek@home.com (Kim Justice) http://members.home.net/justicek "There are always new beginnings, even for people like us." ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990109053136.21769.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "John Landis" Subject: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #14-8 Date: Fri, 08 Jan 1999 21:31:36 PST In that Magazine article that some dude or dudett posted, it mentioned refered to TMBG's lyric's as "nerdy." This got me thinking about how TMBG is occasionally labeled as "nerd rock." Their fans consequently are labeled as nerds. I'm not protesting this title as an insult. I would be lying if I said that I didn't think of myself as such, and proudly so. It's just that I don't think that TMBG appeals to that side of me. For me, much of their appeal has been in their lyrics. As I'm sure that many of you have discovered, If one can read far enough into these lyrics, one finds somthing mor akin to philosophy or social commentary than nerdiness. I'd be interested to know what you all think. peace, love, and all that good shit, John Landis ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 9 Jan 1999 00:23:10 -0600 From: "Jay G." Message-ID: <776sag$na4$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re: Dr. Spock's Backup Band, Jackyl's site? Stephen Shores wrote in message <19990107101447.dd312d85a42711d2af6e0000b4839961.in@mail.orthotrac.com>... >HEy there, > > I'm missing Track 4 off of the Dr. Spock's Backup Band bootleg. I >downloaded the other tracks from Jackyl's site, but it doesn't seem to be >up anymore. Has he moved sites, shut down permanently, or what? Does anyone >know where I might find an mp3 of Track 4 off that recording? http://www.tmbg.net/ has the complete Dr. Spock in mp3 format, in the #TMBG section, under Fun Stuff, then Special Offer. Or go to it directly with this link: http://www.tmbg.net/irc/offer.html While your there, you can check out the rest of the site, which is fairly well done. -Jay ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #14-9 *****************************