Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #15-19 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 15, Number 19 Friday, 19 February 1999 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: Major Album News Re: TMBG: Major Album News Re: TMBG: Major Album News TMBG: a question for the johns TMBG: Re: Major Album News Re: TMBG: Re: Major Album News TMBG: (OFF TOPIC) Re: I interview TMBG, you choose the questions! TMBG: RE:Major album news and more Non-TMBG: MP3 -> WAV conversion (was: Major Album News) Re: Non_TMBG: HHGTTG TMBG: Re: I interview TMBG, you choose the questions! TMBG: Re: Major album news and more Re: TMBG: Re: Major album news and more Re: Non-TMBG: MP3 -> WAV conversion (was: Major Album News) Non-TMBG: BF5 Concert Re: TMBG: RE:Major album news and more Re: Non-TMBG: MP3 -> WAV conversion (was: Major Album News) TMBG: copies of MP3 albms TMBG: Goodnoise MP3 Albums TMBG: Major-General Album News, MST3K-TMBG-HHGTTG-mp3 Re: TMBG: Major-General Album News, MST3K-TMBG-HHGTTG-mp3 TMBG: dialectalizer/theonion Re: TMBG: dialectalizer/theonion TMBG: The movie Re: TMBG: Re: Major Album News Re: TMBG: a question for the johns Re: TMBG: a question for the johns Re: TMBG: Major Album News TMBG: new studio album TMBG: TMBG to release material on MP3!!!! Yea! Re: TMBG: Re: Major Album News Re: TMBG: dialectalizer/theonion Re: TMBG: Re: Major album news and more TMBG: TMBG on cover of emedia professional TMBG: Re: TMBG on "Tiny Toons" Re: TMBG: The movie Re: TMBG: The movie TMBG: List Survey (one last time) TMBG: LAUNCH on the mp3 album TMBG: Re: Major album news and more Re: TMBG: Re: Major album news and more TMBG: request for tmbg.net webmaster Re: Non_TMBG: HHGTTG Re: TMBG: Re: Major album news and more Re: TMBG: Re: Major album news and more TMBG: direct from brooklyn news Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 02:56:00 -0500 (EST) From: Kevin Keeler Subject: Re: TMBG: Major Album News Message-ID: y'know... you can *save* mp3's. the songs are small (contextually) and the playes are free. funk.. you don't even need to pay for gas. :p On Thu, 18 Feb 1999, Misty wrote: > While I guess this is a good idea, if the album contains DAS's that > weren't on Then: The Earlier Years, then I really wish TMBG would put > it out on CD. Not everyone has access to MP3s. Sure, I can listen to > them here at college on my roommate's computer, but what if I'm home, > in the middle of the summer, and I want to listen to it? I know, I > know, I guess I'm screwed. > > Misty > ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 03:01:50 -0500 (EST) From: Kevin Keeler Subject: Re: TMBG: Major Album News Message-ID: oh boy... i hope this doesnt lead into the "analog vs. digital" thread that seems to pop up once every 3 months on EVERY MAILING LIST I'M ON. but, in response to Jennifer: you are mistaken. perhaps not "way off".. but not right on, either. mp3's can only be played by an mps player (be it your computer or one of those newfangles portable mp3 players (diamond rio, the most popular one). the big hype about mp3's is compression.. it runs about 12:1 (compared to the audio on a CD). ever downloaded an mp3? take awhile? (unless youre at college) downloading the same song that would be playable on your sony discman would take 12 times as long. generally the audio format used on Cd is just referred to as .wav (which isnt entirely accurate... but works for us). it is possible to take an mp3, convert it *back* int .wav (thus making it 12x as big) and then burn this onto a CD. its been done. some ppl even sell them on e'bay and the like. but sticking a cd with mp3's on it into your cd player would be like trying to play a cd-rom on your cd player. it may squeal a whole lot.. but nothing beyond that. or like trying to play a cd on a record player (hey.. they both have holes in the middle, are round, and they spin... virtually he same thing). so i went on awhile.. but i like to share. --kevin On Thu, 18 Feb 1999 PULPSTRESS@aol.com wrote: > > > << >> Quirky popsters They Might Be Giants will > >> release an album exclusively in the > >> downloadable MP3 format this spring, > > >While I guess this is a good idea, if the album contains DAS's that > >weren't on Then: The Earlier Years, then I really wish TMBG would put > >it out on CD. Not everyone has access to MP3s. >> > > I thought that MP3s once on CD could be played on any CD player. That's what > they're doing isn't it? Putting out the album on CD, but the files are > actually MP3 files?? That's the impression I get here, but I suppose I could > be way off. > > > jennifer > ------------------------------ From: PULPSTRESS@aol.com Message-ID: <952947da.36cbc9f8@aol.com> Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 03:06:16 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: Major Album News In a message dated 99-02-18 03:04:18 EST, insanity@uwns.underworld.net writes: << so i went on awhile.. but i like to share. >> Ah..well, I for one, am glad you did. I had no idea about all that. Hmm..I guess that does kinda suck then. Thank God I've got a computer that I'm hardly ever without! It would be possible to record the MP3 CD to a tape via your computer, right? YOu can record Real Audio things onto cassette, I don't see why you couldn't from CD/MP3... jennifer ------------------------------ From: Gegatron@aol.com Message-ID: <4e41249a.36cbd1b9@aol.com> Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 03:39:21 EST Subject: TMBG: a question for the johns I heard someone was asking for questions to ask john and john. well i wanna know if any of the new live songs on STD (they got lost, or more probably First kiss) will come out as studio versions on their next album? thats my question. ps: never trust an orangutan ------------------------------ Message-ID: <36CC079E.8DDD7343@pacificnet.net> Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 05:29:26 -0700 From: Bongo Subject: TMBG: Re: Major Album News >Well, you could get a friend or someone on this list who have a CD-R to burn >a copy for you, I'm sure there's someone nice enough on this list. And I'm >sure they could get some label to put it out eventually . This idea of bands selling their music as MP3s seems to invite bootlegging. Most of us are going to want this music in a portable format. Once one person burns a copy of the album to CD (if that's possible) then everyone is going to want a copy. Is the person who distributes them suppose to collect the $8.99 and send it to the pay site that offered the MP3s? Are those who get a CD copy going to ALSO pay to download the album to make sure it gets paid for? No, I don't see that happening. It would be nice if they would also make it available through the info club. After all, what about all the fans that aren't on the Internet? -B O N G O ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.6.32.19990218072219.00852a30@pop.mindspring.com > Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 07:22:19 -0600 From: "The Li'l Depressed Boy" Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Major Album News > This idea of bands selling their music as MP3s seems to invite bootlegging. Most of >us are going to want this music in a portable format. Once one person burns a copy of the >album to CD (if that's possible) then everyone is going to want a copy. Is the person who >distributes them suppose to collect the $8.99 and send it to the pay site that offered the >MP3s? Are those who get a CD copy going to ALSO pay to download the album to make sure it >gets paid for? No, I don't see that happening. > But these are dial a songs, anyone can go out and buy a phone tape recorder and record the DAS onto tape and collect it into a tape compilation and slap a name like: Power of Dial a Song on it. And unless I missed my mark, I'm betting this will be MP3s of the ones they've been making available through the Dial a Song website, which a good amount of us have already MP3d and ready to go. Yes, these will be easilly bootlegged, but from what I can tell, it looks like TMBG isn't planning to make it rich off of this. This is done more so as a gift for the fans, a cheap way to make more of their stuff available. TMBG knows of our big Internet presence (can't spell in the morning okay?) and probably know how widely MP3s of their music is traded. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if they know specifically of TDK's page. I for one, will pay for the album and download it and have a friend burn it onto a CD. I'll do so because I'm a fan of TMBG and when I'm actually a fan of the band I'm honest. People are acting like MP3 is evil. It is not. I for one make my music available free through MP3 format, you can go download it if you so feel, feel free to give it to your friends and such. I'm just glad people are listening to my music. I'm sure TMBG has similiar intentions for putting out the MP3s. (If you care about my music, the links in the sig) El Dee Bee -- http://www.lucidx.com/is My egotistical webpage, links to all the webpages I don't keep in my sig. -- http://www.mp3.com/idolv Download some of my music. -- http://members.xoom.com/MaxxIda/ The Official Sam Kieth Webpage - The Maxx IDA -- Contemporary Cartoon Militia is (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble and Kris W. M. Struble. | The Li'l Depressed Boy, Phreeck, Spyder Hunt, and all related characters (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble ------------------------------ Message-ID: <36CC0DB7.9B7ED20B@pacificnet.net> Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 05:55:29 -0700 From: Bongo Subject: TMBG: (OFF TOPIC) Re: I interview TMBG, you choose the questions! From: Batbrain99@aol.com > Thank you, B O N G O, for forwarding those questions to everybody, though the > email specifically requested to forward questions to his web page. Now to get > back to more important things... like birthdays and converse... > I only saw TDK's questions request within someone's' *partial quote* of his original post so I didn't see the part where he said to send them to his web page. I MIGHT have seen his original post if it hadn't been buried between off topic junk like yours. Besides, why not discuss TMBG interview questions on the list? Mine probably won't be chosen anyway. They are more relevant to the list than the posts of a sarcastic little geek like you. I'm only flaming you on the list because that's where you made the mistake of flaming me. Now that we are even, if you want to continue lets do it off the list. -B O N G O [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990218142506.12581.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Chris Haufschild" Subject: TMBG: RE:Major album news and more Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 06:25:05 PST My personal thoughts on the new MP3 album is that to me, it defeats the whole album purpose. I like MP3s and all, but if you really like them, you can go out and (usually) buy the CD with them on it. Not too many people have portible players yet. I guess I would rather see a new album in CD form. My second comment was on Direct from Brooklin. I pride myself on keeping up with Giant stuff, but WHAT IS IT? Chris tryptophane@tmb ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-Id: <2.2.32.19990218142854.00fa8ac0@pop-server.austin.rr.com> Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 08:28:54 -0600 From: Mitchell Harding Subject: Non-TMBG: MP3 -> WAV conversion (was: Major Album News) >generally the audio format used on Cd is just referred to as .wav (which >isnt entirely accurate... but works for us). it is possible to take an >mp3, convert it *back* int .wav (thus making it 12x as big) and then burn >this onto a CD. its been done. some ppl even sell them on e'bay and the >like. Do you (or does anyone else) know where I can find a program to convert MP3s to WAVs? Thanks, Mitch http://ccwf.cc.utexas.edu/~mitcharf/index.html "Always do right- this will gratify some and astonish the rest." - Mark Twain ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 08:32:52 -0600 From: Bob Scott Message-ID: <36CC2493.6D370125@tmbg.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: Non_TMBG: HHGTTG IamSam98@aol.com wrote: > dilbert_2000@hotmail.com writes: > > > The guy that knock's down Arther's house: John Cleese > > *rolling on the floor laughing* That would be perfect (perhaps I should say > Prefect?)! But all I can picture is the Gumby Brain Surgeon saying, "I will > knoooock down yer house now!" > > -Samantha NURSE!!! NURSE!!!! Oh, hello... :P You put anyone from the cast of Monty Python in a film, you've got at least 7 million dedicated viewers who rush out to see it just because of that. Which is kind of sad considering some of the lesser films they've done... (Yellowbeard? Ick, except for Graham Chapman being so damn funny). I can imagine a HHGTTG Movie with the whole surviving cast of Python... Actually, not even I can imagine it, so DNA might want to just let them all at it so we don't have to imagine it. ^_^ And for some reason (his ties with MP), I think he might just do it! bobscott@tmbg.org AKA Bob "Friend of humanity's shins" Scott ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 07:29:23 -0700 Subject: TMBG: Re: I interview TMBG, you choose the questions! Message-ID: <19990218.073206.3886.0.TMBgirl@juno.com> >Besides, why not discuss TMBG interview questions on the list? Mine >probably won't be >chosen anyway plus, if you post your questions to the list... its possible that one of us already knows the answer and TDK won't have to waste time asking questions we already know the answers to... ya know? take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html :::last albums purchased: BIS - new transistor heroes, CLOSER - don't walk, TRIPL3FASTACTION - broadcaster::: ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 07:34:32 -0700 Subject: TMBG: Re: Major album news and more Message-ID: <19990218.073437.3886.2.TMBgirl@juno.com> what do i see happening? one person pays the $10 or whatever... then we all get it from them. somehow i'm just not seeing how this could be a wise idea for the band. take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html :::next show: DJ Spooky, Redman (grin), Everclear, & Soul Coughing::: ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-Id: <2.2.32.19990218144130.018c17c4@pop-server.austin.rr.com> Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 08:41:30 -0600 From: Mitchell Harding Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Major album news and more At 07:34 AM 2/18/99 -0700, you wrote: >what do i see happening? one person pays the $10 or whatever... then >we all get it from them. somehow i'm just not seeing how this could be a >wise idea for the band. I plan on paying for it, and I wouldn't give it away to others online. Do you really think most people on here would undermine TMBG like that? Harf, Mitch http://ccwf.cc.utexas.edu/~mitcharf/index.html "Always do right- this will gratify some and astonish the rest." - Mark Twain ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199902181449.JAA04351@kanga.INS.CWRU.Edu> Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 09:49:11 -0500 (EST) From: jlr3@po.CWRU.Edu (Jeff L. Roberts) Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: MP3 -> WAV conversion (was: Major Album News) Your friendly neighborhood MP3 player, Winamp, will convert MP3's to wav's. ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199902181454.JAA05530@kanga.INS.CWRU.Edu> Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 09:54:00 -0500 (EST) From: jlr3@po.CWRU.Edu (Jeff L. Roberts) Subject: Non-TMBG: BF5 Concert I know this isn't TMBG related but since alot of you are Ben Folds Five fans I figured someone might be able to help. BF5 is coming out with a new album in the spring and they're starting on a tour to support it. Of course the only show near me is a students only show for a school that I don't attend. It's at American University in Washington DC. So, if anyone goes to that thar Uni or knows someone that does, I'd be much apprieciative of some info on the show and/or a means to score some tickets. Jeff "The No-Op Co-Op" Roberts ------------------------------ Message-Id: <4.1.19990218095957.0091f790@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 10:01:20 -0500 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: RE:Major album news and more At 06:25 AM 2/18/99, Chris Haufschild wrote: >My personal thoughts on the new MP3 album is that to me, it defeats >the whole album purpose. I like MP3s and all, but if you really like >them, you can go out and (usually) buy the CD with them on it. Not >too many people have portible players yet. I guess I would rather see >a new album in CD form. I agree, but bear in mind -- this 'album' is just outtakes, Dial-a-songs, and other things along those lines. This isn't a "real" album in the usual sense. >My second comment was on Direct from Brooklin. I pride myself on >keeping up with Giant stuff, but WHAT IS IT? A compilation of all of TMBG's music videos. -Adam -- /=---------------- http://www.he-man.org/ctyner/ ----------------=\ http://www.crystal-night.com/~ctyner/tuscadero.html http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ He-Man, Tuscadero, "Weird Al", Yoo-hoo, Killer Tomatoes, & more! ------------------------------ Message-Id: <4.1.19990218100200.00931390@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 10:02:48 -0500 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: MP3 -> WAV conversion (was: Major Album News) At 08:28 AM 2/18/99, Mitchell Harding wrote: > >Do you (or does anyone else) know where I can find a program to convert MP3s >to WAVs? Winamp will do it. If you go into the preferences, you can set Winamp to output to a WAV file instead of playing through the sound card. -Adam -- /=---------------- http://www.he-man.org/ctyner/ ----------------=\ http://www.crystal-night.com/~ctyner/tuscadero.html http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ He-Man, Tuscadero, "Weird Al", Yoo-hoo, Killer Tomatoes, & more! ------------------------------ From: Matt James Message-Id: <199902181512.KAA23835@fellspt.charm.net> Subject: TMBG: copies of MP3 albms Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 10:12:07 -0500 (EST) > This idea of bands selling their music as MP3s seems to > invite bootlegging. Most of > us are going to want this music in a portable format. Once > one person burns a copy of the > album to CD (if that's possible) then everyone is > going to want a copy. Is the person who > distributes them suppose to collect the $8.99 and > send it to the pay site that offered the > MP3s? Are those who get a CD copy going to ALSO > pay to download the album to make sure it > gets paid for? No, I don't see that happening. > It would be nice if they would also make it > available through the info club. After all, > what about all the fans that aren't on the Internet? > > -B O N G O In this day and age, I don't see much difference between this and finding your local CD burner-friend to make copies for those who don't have the CD. If you took the extreme example of only one person in the world buying a band's CD and making a copy for everyone in the world the band would only make $10-15 on the thousands of CDs it released. The same could happen with MP3 album, one person downloads at $8.99 and copies for everyone in the world, the band only makes $8.99 total. What is the difference? -Matt ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199902181515.KAA08951@kanga.INS.CWRU.Edu> Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 10:15:16 -0500 (EST) From: jlr3@po.CWRU.Edu (Jeff L. Roberts) Subject: TMBG: Goodnoise MP3 Albums Well, I decided to head on over to Goodnoise to check this out first hand and it appears that the new albums offered aren't really all that new or exciting. Currently they have the self titled, Lincoln, and Misc T albums availible for sale/download. Also there's a couple of free tracks (number three and where your eyes dont go) and two "new" albums to download. One of the new albums is called Giants Jubilee and the other is Mightathon. Unfortunatly all they are is just some of the b-sides and bonus DAS stuff that was on Then: The Earlier Years. From what I can tell (keep in mind that I'm at work and I don't have Then with me) there's nothing new being offered here if you already have Then. Quite a bummer though it kills the problem w/ not having this stuff on CD debate since you can already buy it on CD. Jeff "I'm getting paid $13/hr to tell you this" Roberts ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990218152939.13539.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Mad Midget" Subject: TMBG: Major-General Album News, MST3K-TMBG-HHGTTG-mp3 Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 10:29:38 EST >>I thought that MP3s once on CD could be played on any CD player. That's what they're doing isn't it? Putting out the album on CD, but the files are actually MP3 files?? That's the impression I get here, but I suppose I could be way off. A friend of mine put 101 mp3's on one cd, but none of them can play on a cd player. He's made cds for himself with actual cd playable songs, but only about 16 songs can fit on there. Has to do with format. My cd player program on this here computer plays songs on my Mp3 player, but I sincerely doubt they're mp3's. Naturally, if this whole "mp3 TMBG" thing isn't a vile and vicious rumor, I'll have him make a cd for me. >While I have never read HHGTTG, I do love MST3K. They are awesome, >man. Almost as awesome as TMBG. I've been on the list for about 3 weeks, and the only thing anybody's talked about that I don't know is Moxy Frouvous and opening bands. Both HHGTTG and MST3K rule! Wooo! (well, I liked MST3K with Joel better-hey have you guys heard that Joel and Frank are returning for the first episode of season ten? A must-watch my friends! Only for that one episode, though.) I was thinking of starting another thread, but maybe later. Muchos gracias to the 2 ladies who answered my questions earlier. Type at y'all later then, Mike, who likes Joe Don Baker movies No, I thought, the geek in Colorado had it all wrong. The real problem is how to wallow with the eagles at night and soar with the pigs in the morning. -Dr. Hunter S. Thompson, The Great Shark Hunt ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-Id: <4.1.19990218103531.009333c0@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 10:37:48 -0500 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: Major-General Album News, MST3K-TMBG-HHGTTG-mp3 At 10:29 AM 2/18/99, Mad Midget wrote: > >Naturally, if this whole "mp3 TMBG" >thing isn't a vile and vicious rumor, I'll have him make a cd for me. ::sigh:: It's not a rumor. Go to http://www.sonicnet.com/ and read the story, or go to Goodnoise's web site, where they already have 2 "new compilations" up. >I've been on the list for about 3 weeks, and the only thing anybody's >talked about that I don't know is Moxy Frouvous and opening bands. Both Ha! Well, we'll hammer the correct spelling into your head soon enough. ;-) >HHGTTG and MST3K rule! Wooo! (well, I liked MST3K with Joel better-hey >have you guys heard that Joel and Frank are returning for the first >episode of season ten? A must-watch my friends! Only for that one >episode, though.) Definitely! I used to be a big MST3K fan, but I haven't found it quite as enjoyable since it moved to Sci-Fi. "Overdrawn At The Memory Bank" was a return to old form, though....incredibly funny episode. -Adam -- /=---------------- http://www.he-man.org/ctyner/ ----------------=\ http://www.crystal-night.com/~ctyner/tuscadero.html http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ He-Man, Tuscadero, "Weird Al", Yoo-hoo, Killer Tomatoes, & more! ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990218160109.3583.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nicholas Janssen" Subject: TMBG: dialectalizer/theonion Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 08:01:09 PST Not to long ago there was an address for a dialectalizer witch would change text into sweedish sheff or red neck. I have since lost the address could someone email it to me? please? ntjanssen@hotmail.com also check out a great parody news site called http://www.theonion.com with headlines such as: "child abuse: how much is too much", "Bill gates gives him self 20 dextarity and 18 arrmor", "Gaywads, Dorkwads Sign Historic Wad Accord" and "Aging Pope 'Just Blessing Everything In Sight,' Say Concerned Handlers" Nick ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <006f01be5b71$e288c9c0$0b211c8a@shanahane.kenyon.edu> From: "Extra Krispy" Subject: Re: TMBG: dialectalizer/theonion Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 11:07:04 -0800 If you're just discovering the onion, check out the AV section. It has a great interview with j&j under "musicians and producers." Jake ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990218170853.16068.rocketmail@send204.yahoomail.com> Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 09:08:53 -0800 (PST) From: KRS Tyler Subject: TMBG: The movie >BTW, I was just wondering, how many people on this >list have seen themovie?Misty I haven't but my friends English teacher has a quote from it on my wall and my English teacher says she tring to find me a copy _________________________________________________________ DO YOU YAHOO!? Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990218171958.22929.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Major Album News Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 09:19:58 PST Jay G. wrote: >Hopefully, this isn't gonna count as their studio album they planned >for >this year, but more like a Misc. T to tide us over. According to the Hornblow Group, They won't be releasing a regular studio album this year (unless you count the children's album). I'm pretty sure that this MP3 album will consist primarily of stuff that They don't think will work on a regular album, or appeal to the general public. -- May you live in interesting times, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ Now playing: Tori Amos, _Under The Pink_ ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990218172353.6780.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: a question for the johns Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 09:23:53 PST Gegatron wrote: >I heard someone was asking for questions to ask john and john. well >i wanna >know if any of the new live songs on STD (they got lost, or more >probably >First kiss) will come out as studio versions on their next album? Well, I'm not John, or even John, but I'd tend to doubt it. These songs have already been released, so why release them again? Of course, the Johns might have a different opinion on this matter. >ps: never trust an orangutan Ook? -- May you live in interesting times, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: Kaylum@aol.com Message-ID: <9838248d.36cc50e3@aol.com> Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 12:41:55 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: a question for the johns In a message dated 99-02-18 12:25:27 EST, you write: << Gegatron wrote: >I heard someone was asking for questions to ask john and john. well >i wanna >know if any of the new live songs on STD (they got lost, or more >probably >First kiss) will come out as studio versions on their next album? Well, I'm not John, or even John, but I'd tend to doubt it. These songs have already been released, so why release them again? Of course, the Johns might have a different opinion on this matter. >> I would agree with you about "They Got Lost" (it's just perfect on the live album, I don't see how a studio version could improve it at all), but I think there's a chance they might do more with "First Kiss." Not that there's anything wrong with it (it's one of the higlights of STD for me), but I think it holds promise for even more. Kay ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 12:48:51 -0500 Subject: Re: TMBG: Major Album News Message-ID: <19990218.125223.2846.5.captainmarvel2@juno.com> From: Derek A Klein >Most of us are going to want this music in a portable format. Once one person >burns a copy of the album to CD (if that's possible) then everyone is going to >want a copy. Is the person who distributes them suppose to collect the $8.99 >and send it to the pay site that offered the MP3s? I think this would be the best way to do it. We would be supporting the John, and basically getting a "new" album. Unfortunately, there would be nothing stopping whoever it is that's collecting the money and making the CDs from keeping the money and not paying the company. Something along the lines of the OMLTs come to mind... Derek "What is everyone staring at?" ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: Matt James Message-Id: <199902181819.NAA19691@fellspt.charm.net> Subject: TMBG: new studio album Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 13:19:41 -0500 (EST) > According to the Hornblow Group, They won't be releasing a regular > studio album this year (unless you count the children's album). I'm > pretty sure that this MP3 album will consist primarily of stuff that > They don't think will work on a regular album, or appeal to the general > public. Perhaps the children's album _is_ the next studio album. It's not live right? It's going to be all TMBG material, no? Just because it might be geared towards children and adults with child-like minds *g* doesn't not make it a new studio album. It can take just as much time to write a good children's album as any other album and the songs can be just as interesting. -Matt ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 12:31:06 -0800 (PST) From: FRoG Subject: TMBG: TMBG to release material on MP3!!!! Yea! Message-ID: Check out: http://www.goodnoise.com/artist/tmbg/index.html I'm soooo so so so happy! wow. -Ryan (who wonders about this list and why he rarely posts) ------------------------------ From: LimeZinger@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 15:19:58 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Major Album News In a message dated 2/18/99 8:28:17 AM, LDB@TMBG.ORG writes: > >People are acting like MP3 is evil. It is not. I for one make my music >available free through MP3 format, you can go download it if you so feel, >feel free to give it to your friends and such. I'm just glad people are >listening to my music. I'm sure TMBG has similiar intentions for putting >out the MP3s. your music is pretty, ldb! :) >(If you care about my music, the links in the sig) >http://www.mp3.com/idolv >Download some of my music. everyone go download his music. sarah ------------------------------ From: LimeZinger@aol.com Message-ID: <59992acd.36cc7916@aol.com> Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 15:33:26 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: dialectalizer/theonion In a message dated 2/18/99 11:02:52 AM, ntjanssen@hotmail.com writes: >Not to long ago there was an address for a dialectalizer witch would >change text into sweedish sheff or red neck. I have since lost the >address could someone email it to me? please? ntjanssen@hotmail.com heh, my favourite was the jive one. >also check out a great parody news site called http://www.theonion.com >with headlines such as: "child abuse: how much is too much", "Bill gates > >gives him self 20 dextarity and 18 arrmor", "Gaywads, Dorkwads Sign >Historic Wad Accord" and "Aging Pope 'Just Blessing Everything In >Sight,' Say Concerned Handlers" everyone's told me how "funny" that site is, and i've TRIED to like it, but i don't get it. even some of my comedy idols love it (dave foley; bob odenkirk and david cross, a. whitney brown) yet.. i can't. i do like the a/v section, but i just find the headlines dull and unfunny. i'll stick to my dailyshow. sarah ------------------------------ From: LimeZinger@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 15:46:05 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Major album news and more In a message dated 2/18/99 9:42:02 AM, mitcharf@mail.utexas.edu writes: >At 07:34 AM 2/18/99 -0700, you wrote: >>what do i see happening? one person pays the $10 or whatever... then >>we all get it from them. somehow i'm just not seeing how this could be >a >>wise idea for the band. > >I plan on paying for it, and I wouldn't give it away to others online. > Do >you really think most people on here would undermine TMBG like that? not everyone has the ability to transfer the mp3's onto cd. i'm certainly not going to buy a new computer ('cause i *can't*! i just got this one last summer) for the sole purpose of doing that. my best friend just got a new one though - and hers has the ability to do that. so, i'd pay her the coverage of the blank cd and probably ('cause i'm lovely) half the cost of what the mp3 download cost. or something like that. i'd love to help the johns out in any way i could, but i'd rather have the songs on album .. then again, if i *had* a credit card, then i'd probably buy the mp3's eventually to listen on my computer, and feel better about it. i don't know, it's all confusing. while i think it's nice of the johns to think of us, it could be a big disaster.. sarah now playing: stereolab "switched on" concert itinerary: tomorrow!-- SLOAN! ------------------------------ Message-Id: <4.1.19990218161441.0093ec90@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 16:20:25 -0500 From: Adam Tyner Subject: TMBG: TMBG on cover of emedia professional I opened my mailbox this afternoon, saw the new issue of emedia professional, and the words "They Might Be Giants" immediately caught my eye. It was just talking about CD-R towers, but still pretty cool. No references to them in the actual article though...if anyone wants a scan of the cover, let me know and I'll hook you up. :-) On a completely unrelated note, "Jukebox" by Midget is a very, very good album. -Adam -- /=---------------- http://www.he-man.org/ctyner/ ----------------=\ http://www.crystal-night.com/~ctyner/tuscadero.html http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ He-Man, Tuscadero, "Weird Al", Yoo-hoo, Killer Tomatoes, & more! ------------------------------ Message-ID: <36CC8750.7C83812B@thebigdogs.net> Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 15:34:08 -0600 From: Laura Helbling Subject: TMBG: Re: TMBG on "Tiny Toons" Hello, -Thanks to Samantha and Jim for writing. You are awesome! -Since you all seem to so interested in references, I thought you might like to know this one. There's a kid's show on Nickelodeon called "Tiny Toon Adventures" that I used to watch. It was like Looney Toons, only all the characters were kid versions. Anyway, on one episode, they did some fake music videos featuring the cartoon characters. One song was Aretha Franklin's "R-E-S-P-E-C-T" and two other ones were... Istanbul and Particle Man! I, being a young person at the time, just assumed that these were popular songs that everyone but me knew. Little did I know.... That would be pretty awesome to have a copy of! (I think the show is still running) Just thought you might like to know! -Laura(who likes this news group thing and is hiding "Where your eyes don't go") ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.6.32.19990218153820.0086a2a0@pop.mindspring.com > Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 15:38:20 -0600 From: "The Li'l Depressed Boy" Subject: Re: TMBG: The movie At 09:08 AM 2/18/99 -0800, you wrote: >>BTW, I was just wondering, how many people on this >list have seen >themovie?Misty > I have the movie on tape, but don't have a vcr, so I still haven't seen it. LDB -- http://www.lucidx.com/is My egotistical webpage, links to all the webpages I don't keep in my sig. -- http://www.mp3.com/idolv Download some of my music. -- http://members.xoom.com/MaxxIda/ The Official Sam Kieth Webpage - The Maxx IDA -- Contemporary Cartoon Militia is (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble and Kris W. M. Struble. | The Li'l Depressed Boy, Phreeck, Spyder Hunt, and all related characters (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble ------------------------------ Message-ID: <001c01be5b89$e5b5d9e0$34bd9cce@mike> From: Mike Blaser Subject: Re: TMBG: The movie Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 16:58:56 -0500 Yeah, I've seen it. I found it at the library actually. It was ok, but certainly nothing to write home about. ~Mike -----Original Message----- From: KRS Tyler To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Date: Thursday, February 18, 1999 12:06 PM Subject: TMBG: The movie >>BTW, I was just wondering, how many people on this >list have seen >themovie?Misty > >I haven't but my friends English teacher has a quote from it on my >wall and my English teacher says she tring to find me a copy > > > >_________________________________________________________ >DO YOU YAHOO!? >Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com > ------------------------------ Message-ID: <002201be5b8a$40862460$34bd9cce@mike> From: Mike Blaser Subject: TMBG: List Survey (one last time) Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 17:01:30 -0500 I'm posting this for the very last time. I've got all the results compiled, and I just have to finish up with the HTML. If you still haven't filled this out, please do so ASAP, and I'll include you in the results. 1. What state are you from? Or, if you live outside the US, what country? 2. How old are you? 3. Your occupation? (or if you're a student, put student) 4. Favorite band? 5. Favorite author? 6. Favorite TV show? 7. Favorite movie? 8. Favorite TMBG album? 9. Favorite TMBG song? 10. Favorite comic strip? ------------------------------ Message-Id: <4.1.19990218172321.0092e8d0@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 17:24:01 -0500 From: Adam Tyner Subject: TMBG: LAUNCH on the mp3 album They Might Be Giants To Release MP3 Album (2/18/99, 1 p.m. PST) - The future of MP3, the format that allows computer users to download near-CD-quality sound files from the Internet, got another boost today with the announcement that They Might Be Giants will introduce an album's worth of material via MP3 in the coming months. The band's deal with GoodNoise (www.goodnoise.com) comes on the heels of the deal the company signed with Rykodisc (LAUNCH, 2/5). It includes the simultaneous release of five TMBG albums and 100 tracks at GoodNoise, as well as the group's official website (www.tmbg.com), beginning today. "We knew a couple of years ago there was a lot of trading of Dial-A-Song files in MP3, TMBG's John Flansburgh says, referring to the service the band currently offers that allows fans to hear a different new song every hour (www.dialasong.com). "It's always surprising where the next medium for music comes from, and even more surprising how any people, especially music people, think nothing will ever change. When we made our first indie album in the late '80s, the record company didn't even want to make CDs. We had to find another indie to manufacture a CD after the album took off." Flansburgh added that the new MP3 release would "collect a lot of Dial-A-Song recordings, and preview some of our upcoming album material as well as find a home for some of the wilder songs." Further evidence of the new format's popularity came with the announcement that Noisebox.com plans to present the First Annual MP3 Music Awards (www.noisebox.com/awards) this spring. The event will invite listeners to vote for their favorite MP3 artists. -- Stephen Peters -- /=---------------- http://www.he-man.org/ctyner/ ----------------=\ http://www.crystal-night.com/~ctyner/tuscadero.html http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ He-Man, Tuscadero, "Weird Al", Yoo-hoo, Killer Tomatoes, & more! ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 14:15:00 -0700 Subject: TMBG: Re: Major album news and more Message-ID: <19990218.170929.19950.0.TMBgirl@juno.com> >I plan on paying for it, and I wouldn't give it away to others online. > Do >you really think most people on here would undermine TMBG like that? have you been to a mp3 site lately? i'm just saying that it won't take long before it's available to the public for free. ya know? i would never "steal" from tmbg... i'm just saying that their fan-base is "web savvy" and a lot of people are gonna end up doing stuff like that. take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 19:19:02 -0500 (EST) From: Josh Axelrad Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Major album news and more Message-ID: I know I will personally try to police this and I would hope the rest of us would to. This is a pretty revolutionary thing that TMBG is doing and if it works out for them it could mean great things. Conceivably they could release all their rare obscure stuff this way... so I would hope that a lot of us would actively try to prevent people from pirating these mp3s.... Also, for those of you who are curious about when a major www.tmbg.net update will happen... It is a long story kind of, basically I need some help with maintaining the server... it is too big a job for me during the school year. I have a whole email ready that I will forward to the list asking for what I am looking for so hold off on writing to me until then. I will send it along either tonight or tomorrow when I get a bit more organized... -- Jish TMBG.net and the EFnet #TMBG Home Page http://www.tmbg.net/ On Thu, 18 Feb 1999 tmbgirl@juno.com wrote: > >I plan on paying for it, and I wouldn't give it away to others online. > > Do > >you really think most people on here would undermine TMBG like that? > > have you been to a mp3 site lately? i'm just saying that it won't take > long before it's available to the public for free. ya know? i would > never "steal" from tmbg... i'm just saying that their fan-base is "web > savvy" and a lot of people are gonna end up doing stuff like that. > > take it easy, JOrdaN > http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html > > ___________________________________________________________________ > You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. > Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html > or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] > ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 21:04:00 -0500 (EST) From: Josh Axelrad Subject: TMBG: request for tmbg.net webmaster Message-ID: OK, I posted this for some friends to see already and got some response, but I need a more significant serious response. Please reply via email if you are *seriously* interested... TMBG.net is a great TMBG resource and as the years go on it could become exponentionally more valuable if it is well maintained and updated. Already the shows and articles archives are without peer on other TMBG sites. The problem is, I really don't have the time to do all the work... in fact nobody does. It needs a webmaster and a web team. During the summer I could be a good webmaster for it but during the school year (and especially this term when I am in 2 CS classes) I just don't have the time. I am looking for up to a half dozen people to basically takeover the daily operations of the main http://www.tmbg.net/ site. This would entail: * reading and dealing with the ever growing email queue * maintaining the News page on daily basis (altho, I would still like a hand in this... and maybe Dan does too...) * updating the shows and article pages (mostly from the email submissions but also from active search) * maintaining the real audio media used to enhance the articles page (and hopefully also the shows and history page in the future) * page development (any future improvments... ie. automation of updates, real media, new ideas such as setlist pics and others) Basically the way I view it we need either a very dedicated webmaster and 2 or 3 "workers". Or a more hands-off organizational webmaster with 4 or 5 workers. The webmaster would have to be able to: * work in unix (altho, if they have some brilliant idea for moving significant portions of the development offline I am willing to try it) * organize a system for workers (ie. a way in which workers can be working on the page without working on the same thing or writing over other people's work) * work with intermediate to advanced html (It isn't that complex now, but you need to know whats up and it would be nice if you knew ways to improve) * dedicate a lot of time an energy to the site (I can fill all the others but this one, that is why I need somebody to help) * a love of TMBG (thats what it is all about) The workers would have to be able to: * work in unix (see above) * have a strong working knowledge of html * have a consistant time frame to work (it doesn't have to be all that much, but we need to be able to count on you) * a love of TMBG (see above) So why would anybody want to do this?! Well... here goes some of the perks that come with the job Webmaster: * a personal account on tmbg.net's "T1" linux shell * 50Mb+ of personal web space on tmbg.net * a virtual host address for that web space of "http://.tmbg.net/" * a *.tmbg.net hostname for any static IP computer they already own * 3+ tmbg.net email addresses for POP3/IMAP email or email forwarding * increased clout in the TMBG community (more explanation of tangible examples to serious applicants) * gets to be friends with JISH! (well maybe) * other perks negotiable Worker: * a personal account on tmbg.net's "T1" linux shell * 10Mb+ of personal web space on tmbg.net * 1+ tmbg.net email addresses for POP3/IMAP email or email forwarding * gets to be friends with JISH! (possibly) * other perks from above etc negotiable What this will allow is for tmbg.net to be a totally dynamic site with the most current TMBG news/pics/setlists/articles/and more. The site already is fairly popular and could become much more so. This would also give me more time to both develop new and interesting sections of TMBG.net but also to maintain http://irc.tmbg.net/ as a fun/useful/and oft updated site. I understand a lot of you may want to work on it, but I stress the requirements are strict. If you love TMBG but don't know much unix... please don't contact me. I really don't want to have to be mean but this should be done right. If you are seriously interested in any of the above... contact me. This also requires a lot of my trust so I am not going to make any snap decisions... -- Jish TMBG.net and the EFnet #TMBG Home Page http://www.tmbg.net/ ------------------------------ From: CajunGram@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 22:19:45 EST Subject: Re: Non_TMBG: HHGTTG In a message dated 2/18/99 6:34:06 AM Pacific Standard Time, bobscott@TMBG.ORG writes: > I can imagine a HHGTTG Movie with the whole surviving cast of > Python... Actually, not even I can imagine it, so DNA might want to just let > them all at it so we don't have to imagine it. And, DNA did that book (Starship Titanic) sort of with Terry Jones (Dougy did the CD-ROM and Terry wrote the book) so you know at least some of them are on friendly terms with him, it's possible... Graham ------------------------------ From: Kaylum@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 23:15:16 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Major album news and more << >I plan on paying for it, and I wouldn't give it away to others online. > Do >you really think most people on here would undermine TMBG like that? have you been to a mp3 site lately? i'm just saying that it won't take long before it's available to the public for free. ya know? i would never "steal" from tmbg... i'm just saying that their fan-base is "web savvy" and a lot of people are gonna end up doing stuff like that. >> To me, the main issue is not the trading of the MP3's (although I'm sure a lot of less loyal fans wouldn't think twice about that), but there are many fans who can't play MP3's because of their crappy systems, myself included, and this will almost force us to search out someone to burn cd copies (I've already seen a few posts on the newsgroup basically saying "Don't worry, someone will be burning or taping copies."). For the most part, I am *strongly* opposed to selling or giving away any TMBG stuff that is available to buy, or at worst trading rarity for rarity, but this is a bit different since there really is no way for me to get it legitimately (at least in the forseeable future). I still haven't decided what I'm going to do about it. 'Tis truly a moral dilemma. What do y'all think? What should the MP3 impaired do? Kay ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 00:08:36 -0500 From: Destin Berthelot Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Major album news and more Message-id: <36CCF1D3.648E4D61@rollins.edu> So here's what you do. You get someone to burn you a CD with the new songs, so you can listen to them. Then, you use your crappy system to go to the GoodNoise web page and buy the album, deleting each mp3 as you download it to free up that precious hard drive space (which you probably need on your old machine). So you can listen to the songs and TMBG can get the money. Or, you can chalk it up (as TMBG will) as an acceptable loss when converting to a new technology, and think of it thusly: you're the guy who hasn't bought a CD player yet, and you really want a Rykodisc album. The label didn't put it out in a format you can play, so you have to bite the bullet, screw them a little bit, and dub a copy from a friend. TMBG knows they have a lot of fans, and I'm sure they know not everyone will be able to play mp3s. They must have been briefed on the copy protection issue as well. This is an easy, cheap and convenient way for them to get some niche music out there to their fans; they can cash in a little bit on some DASs they would never be able to rationalize packaging as an expensive CD. They also get valuable publicity for being one of the first to embrace a "revolutionary new technology." So it breaks down like this. A few people (like me) are going to pay for it, a few people are going to steal it, and a few people are going to have to wait for better-wired people to send it their way sometime. That's the way it is. I think if you legitimately can't play mp3s, and the burner folks aren't charging more than materials/postage, there's nothing wrong with working out something to get the songs. I imagine the band would see it the same way. Kaylum@aol.com wrote: > To me, the main issue is not the trading of the MP3's (although I'm sure a lot > of less loyal fans wouldn't think twice about that), but there are many fans > who can't play MP3's because of their crappy systems, myself included, and > this will almost force us to search out someone to burn cd copies (I've > already seen a few posts on the newsgroup basically saying "Don't worry, > someone will be burning or taping copies."). For the most part, I am > *strongly* opposed to selling or giving away any TMBG stuff that is available > to buy, or at worst trading rarity for rarity, but this is a bit different > since there really is no way for me to get it legitimately (at least in the > forseeable future). I still haven't decided what I'm going to do about it. > 'Tis truly a moral dilemma. What do y'all think? What should the MP3 > impaired do? > > Kay -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Destin Berthelot | "All persons, http://fox.rollins.edu/~dberthelot/ | living or dead, | are purely They Might Be Giants Visual Discography: | coincidental." http://members.xoom.com/theymightbe/ | -Kurt Vonnegut ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 20:28:24 -0700 Subject: TMBG: direct from brooklyn news Message-ID: <19990218.234359.4678.1.TMBgirl@juno.com> HEY HEY!! i know a few people have been inquiring about DFB... latest news is: it won't be out till april happy waiting :) take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #15-19 ******************************