Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #15-2 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 15, Number 2 Tuesday, 2 February 1999 Today's Topics: TMBG: tmbg-list FAQ Re: TMBG: Listen to this(sifl & olly) Re: TMBG: Spitting Contest Re: TMBG: Spitting Contest Re: TMBG: tmbg on some show today Re: TMBG: Spitting Contest Re: TMBG: Spitting Contest Re: TMBG: tmbg on some show today TMBG: super bowl pre game Re: TMBG: Old T-shirt TMBG: Re: Spitting Contest TMBG: Spitting Contest, Lincoln Re: TMBG: triangle man LOSES! (sort of) TMBG: Re: Spitting Contest TMBG: UK Back To Skull Single Re: TMBG: Re: Spitting Contest Re: TMBG: Re: Spitting Contest Re: TMBG: References in the XTC Book Re: TMBG: triangle man LOSES! (so rt of) TMBG: The List Re: NON-TMBG: 9:30 Fruvous Re: NON-TMBG: 9:30 Fruvous Re: NON-TMBG: 9:30 Fruvous Re: TMBG: Spitting Contest, Lincoln Re: NON-TMBG: 9:30 Fruvous Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Mon, 1 Feb 1999 03:15:01 -0500 (EST) From: Majordomo Message-Id: <199902010815.DAA23206@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Subject: TMBG: tmbg-list FAQ *** ADMINISTRIVIA *** This notice is posted twice a month to tmbg-list and tmbg-digest, as well as sent to all new users. Please read it if you have questions about the list. The TMBG mailing list is administered by Leo Bicknell . It provides a forum for discussing They Might Be Giants and Their music. 1) Unsubscribing from the list It is easy to unsubscribe from this mailing list. If you are subscribed to the regular, or "bounce" list, send the command unsubscribe tmbg-list e-mail@address in the body of a message to . To unsubscribe from the tmbg-digest digested version of the list, send the command unsubscribe tmbg-digest e-mail@address in the body of a message to . "e-mail@address" stands for the email address that is subscribed to the list. If you are sending the command from the email account that is subscribed, this part of the command is optional. If you have problems, send mail to . 2) Subscribing to the list Follow the instructions above for unsubscribing but send the word 'subscribe' rather than unsubscribe. :-) Keep in mind that tmbg-list will send you a copy of each message as it's written, which may be a lot. tmbg-digest will send you all the messages written in a day in the middle of the night. See http://www.tmbg.org/mail-news/ for more information. 3) Sending messages to the list To send a message to the list just mail it to tmbg-list@tmbg.org and it will get sent out to everyone. Please don't mail any chain letters, make money fast schemes, "me too" messages, or anything else that doesn't contribute to the discussion about TMBG. IMPORTANT IMPORTANT IMPORTANT IMPORTANT IMPORTANT When you send a message to the list you are sending messages to hundreds of people. Make sure that your message is one that hundreds of people need to read. Do not send "me too" messages to the list. Do not send messages about non-tmbg topics to the list. Hold private conversations in private e-mail. Sending messages that the list administrator deems off topic will result in your being removed from the list. 4) The TMBG FAQ The They Might Be Giants Frequently Asked Questions list is a compilation of the most requested information about the Johns. It is maintained by John Relph . To get the latest copy of the FAQ, you can do any of the following things. First, it is available on the World Wide Web at: http://reality.sgi.com/relph/music/TMBG-FAQ.html and, for a plaintext version: http://reality.sgi.com/relph/music/TMBG-FAQ Second, it is posted regularly on the newsgroup alt.music.tmbg. Third, if you can't get to one of those places, you can mail me and I'll send you a copy. 5) The websites The unofficial web site, http://www.tmbg.org/ has all sorts of good TMBG information including information on this mailing list (http://www.tmbg.org/mail-news/) as well as pointers to where you can read the list via news. You'll also find lyrics, chords, and interpretations for many of the songs. Also try out the Official TMBG Website at: http://www.tmbg.com/ As always, thank you for your mind. *** ADMINISTRIVIA *** ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 01 Feb 1999 02:35:13 -0600 From: Bob Scott Message-ID: <36B56740.7CC98AB0@tmbg.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: Listen to this(sifl & olly) --------------01FBD4DA36BB083301F8C3F3 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Dexter Flansburgh wrote: > Is it backwards from Subliminal, or after End of the Tour? > A hidden track on John Henry?! Of course! It's been discussed nearly every week since the inception, conception, and design of the album! Unfortunately, only members of the Illuminati, such as Sarah (no offense if you really are an Illuminati member, Sarah ^_^), are allowed to hear the hidden track. If not with the Illuminati, to hear it you must know Freemason secret handshake #34, sing the theme to Dukes of Hazzard backwards, and then catch a scant glimpse of a living can of soda. Trade all this in for AKAs, and you'll be on your way to a healthy stay in your local psych ward. From here, things tend to keep looking up (as Mr. Horkheimer would say), as you're only a judicial pardon away from hearing the secret track. The rest is rather complex and involves binary, which I'll just skip, as I figure that it is quite obvious that such a track does not, and never will be available to the general public, no matter what other MTV programs are compared to TMBG. bobscott@tmbg.org AKA Bob "With a new email address, and Baking soda!" Scott --------------01FBD4DA36BB083301F8C3F3 Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Dexter Flansburgh wrote:
Is it backwards from Subliminal, or after End of the Tour?

A hidden track on John Henry?! Of course! It's been discussed nearly every week since the inception, conception, and design of the album! Unfortunately, only members of the Illuminati, such as Sarah (no offense if you really are an Illuminati member, Sarah ^_^), are allowed to hear the hidden track. If not with the Illuminati, to hear it you must know Freemason secret handshake #34, sing the theme to Dukes of Hazzard backwards, and then catch a scant glimpse of a living can of soda. Trade all this in for AKAs, and you'll be on your way to a healthy stay in your local psych ward. From here, things tend to keep looking up (as Mr. Horkheimer would say), as you're only a judicial pardon away from hearing the secret track. The rest is rather complex and involves binary, which I'll just skip, as I figure that it is quite obvious that such a track does not, and never will be available to the general public, no matter what other MTV programs are compared to TMBG.

bobscott@tmbg.org
AKA Bob "With a new email address, and Baking soda!" Scott --------------01FBD4DA36BB083301F8C3F3-- ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 01 Feb 1999 02:37:49 -0600 From: Bob Scott Message-ID: <36B567DD.3B19680D@tmbg.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: Spitting Contest --------------8A2B5FC02BDF91CC82C44160 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Dexter Flansburgh wrote: > Okay, I have the feeling that you guys are playing some sort of mean > trick on me. I just tried it, nad nothing happened! So either come > clean > now, or go see a therapist, because you're hearing things. > You've caught them red handed. Spitting Contest isn't slated to be on a CD until "Matt's Life Savings" is released sometime during the next year. Keep your ears peeled! bobscott@tmbg.org AKA Bob "Never lose faith in the list! The list is flawless!" Scott --------------8A2B5FC02BDF91CC82C44160 Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Dexter Flansburgh wrote:

Okay, I have the feeling that you guys are playing some sort of mean
trick on me. I just tried it, nad nothing happened! So either come clean
now, or go see a therapist, because you're hearing things.

You've caught them red handed. Spitting Contest isn't slated to be on a CD until "Matt's Life Savings" is released sometime during the next year. Keep your ears peeled!

bobscott@tmbg.org

AKA Bob "Never lose faith in the list! The list is flawless!" Scott

--------------8A2B5FC02BDF91CC82C44160-- ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 01 Feb 1999 02:45:45 -0600 From: Bob Scott Message-ID: <36B569B9.D57DA8D3@tmbg.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: Spitting Contest "Kirsten L. Brodbeck" wrote: > Aw, you people, you're so gullible... > > Kirsten "Hey, didja know 'gullible' isn't in the dictionary?'" Brodbeck It's the one printing error in every dictionary: The word gullible is under the letter Q! They confused the 'g' for a 'q' and the rest is history. And all this simply because of Webster (the 1980's sitcom, of course). bobscott@tmbg.org AKA Bob "Let go of the balloons! LET GO!!!" Scott ------------------------------ From: EmarZero@aol.com Message-ID: <3b873d96.36b5a443@aol.com> Date: Mon, 1 Feb 1999 07:55:31 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: tmbg on some show today In a message dated 99-01-31 22:35:39 EST, KdsInThHal@aol.com writes: > so then, later, after awakening, i asked what that was, (thinking maybe i > dreamt it) and she said "i don't know, it was some show with jason priestly > and they played they might be giants." to which i said (you know..) "how do > you KNOW it was them?" and she said "SARAH, i heard 's-e-x-x-y..' " > > > oh. > > > so. anyone know WHAT on earth this was?! This was, oddly enough, "Beverly Hills 90210..." My brother told me about it... apparently, TMBG was playing in the background at some point... ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990201160519.18563.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: Spitting Contest Date: Mon, 01 Feb 1999 08:05:18 PST Jeff Craig wrote: > I love Spitting Contest, I don't know why people always forget >about it. I >think it is my favorite song on John Henry. Especially that cool >synthesizer >sound in the background. Oh, and the harmonica thing during the >bridge is >really cool too. Why don't people talk about this song more? It's not as good as "The Ode To Artificial Food Colouring." That's my favourite _John Henry_ track. "Hitting Myself With A Hammer" on _Apollo 18_ is pretty good, too. The best hidden track is on _Flood_, though. It's called "Someone Keeps Moving My Chair," and is hidden in between tracks 9 and 11. -- May you live in interesting times, Nathan (carrying this joke WAY too far) DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990201160928.7658.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: Spitting Contest Date: Mon, 01 Feb 1999 08:09:28 PST Kirsten L. Brodbeck wrote: >Kirsten "Hey, didja know 'gullible' isn't in the dictionary?'" >Brodbeck Oh, yes, it is. It's in the hidden track. -- May you live in interesting times, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: Drizzt_DoUrden@att.net (Chris Cornell) Subject: Re: TMBG: tmbg on some show today Date: Mon, 01 Feb 1999 16:18:25 GMT Organization: Godless Inc. Message-ID: <36b6d322.2712616@mailhost.worldnet.att.net> On Mon, 1 Feb 1999 07:55:31 EST, you wrote: >In a message dated 99-01-31 22:35:39 EST, KdsInThHal@aol.com writes: > >> so then, later, after awakening, i asked what that was, (thinking maybe i >> dreamt it) and she said "i don't know, it was some show with jason priestly >> and they played they might be giants." to which i said (you know..) "how >do >> you KNOW it was them?" and she said "SARAH, i heard 's-e-x-x-y..' " >> >> >> oh. >> >> >> so. anyone know WHAT on earth this was?! > > >This was, oddly enough, "Beverly Hills 90210..." My brother told me about >it... apparently, TMBG was playing in the background at some point... Well I just happened to be watching the Super Bowl pre-game crap and it was Jason Priestly giving a tour of the clubs on South Beach, Miami. And during one part the Fox people decided to play s-e-x-x-y for about 5 seconds. ------------------------------ From: FID889@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Mon, 1 Feb 1999 13:22:36 EST Subject: TMBG: super bowl pre game hey all i was watching the football pre game on fox and they were doing this little "Nightlife of Miami" thing, and they played like 30 seconds of S-E-X-X-Y, it caught me totaly off gaurd and can't even be sure if it was the regularversion or not, but i thought it was kinda weird. by the way, i get the digest or whatever it is called, so i am sorry if someone has already posted it. ------------------------------ Message-Id: <01FEB99.15406319.0344.MUSIC@MARISTB.MARIST.EDU> Date: Mon, 01 Feb 1999 14:15:54 EST From: Misty Subject: Re: TMBG: Old T-shirt >> It's got the >>Johns dressed in hillbilly gear on the front and a cartoon dog on the >>back. It look at it on ebay, it's at this URL: Coolamundo, I have this shirt! It's actually the very first TMBG shirt I ever bought, at a concert at the Webster Theatre in Hartford, CT, in August 1996. It was also my first TMBG concert. The shirt's getting worn looking, has a small hole in it, and some thread at the bottom has been getting loose lately, but I still wear it all the time. BTW, that "cartoon dog" is the Pokey Little Puppy, from the children's book of the same name. Misty "Sit on it." ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 01 Feb 1999 15:41:46 -0500 From: Sarah Subject: TMBG: Re: Spitting Contest Message-id: <36B6118A.5CBF@wmich.edu> Ah, you peoples are so silly! How can you be a serious fan and not have heard that song... it's simply the *BEST* hehehhehe..... i think it's just sillyness altogether.... i knew there was a reason i loved this list........ ~Sarah "Look, someone wrote gullible on the ceiling" Hurd "In the small pond, you'll be a big fish" >>>>>>>>> http://www.angelfire.com/me/momerath <<<<<<<<< ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Mon, 01 Feb 1999 13:12:24 -0800 From: "Spencer Owen" Subject: TMBG: Spitting Contest, Lincoln >>Also, you'd better take Bongo up on his "Lincoln" offer. It's an >>excellent album. I used to have it. > >Wait a minute. It's an excellent album, but you don't have it >anymore? >Did you lose it, or what? I am REALLY bad at organizing my CDs, or I used to be. Just now I found a good system...those CD binders suck, so I just put them in stacks by alphabetical order. Also, this "Spitting Contest" on John Henry thing is pissing me off. TELL ME IF ITS REAL GODDAMNIT (I feel so gullible if it's not...) --Spencer, who likes to play the drums ------------------------------ Message-ID: <36B5D70F.44FB044A@osu.edu> Date: Mon, 01 Feb 1999 16:32:17 +0000 From: Diana Kocar Subject: Re: TMBG: triangle man LOSES! (sort of) Wow, that was a pretty detailed account of the concert! What'd you do, take notes? :-) Well, anyway, I was at the concert at Westerville and I thought it was pretty awesome. Definitely one of the best I've heard at a large, echoey venue like a gym. I was the one standing next to that dude that passed out in the front row. What I really liked was that the Johns did was a "fast forward" Shoehorn with Teeth. I've never seen them do this before. They played Shoehorn with Teeth normally, then decided to do this version. They just sang really fast, and sort of mumbled it and Dan still played the glockenspeil in the right places (I have no idea how to spell that). I thought it sounded really neat. I also thought it was really cool that before the concert while we were waiting outside to get in, this group of people started singing TMBG songs. We joined in with them, and it was really fun. I can't imagine any other group's concert I've been to where people would start doing that, so I just want to say that you guys are really great fans! :-) Diana ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 01 Feb 1999 15:49:48 -0600 From: Bob Scott Message-ID: <36B6217B.6CA375E@tmbg.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re: Spitting Contest Spencer Owen wrote: > Also, this "Spitting Contest" on John Henry thing is pissing me off. TELL ME IF ITS REAL GODDAMNIT (I feel so gullible if it's not...) Well, it's not so bad as not knowing about the special "Dinner Bell" reverse track on Severe Tire Damage. This one is a dandy if you take the time to find it. bobscott@tmbg.org AKA Bob "New E-mail, same distaste for life!" Scott ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 01 Feb 1999 15:55:26 -0600 From: Bob Scott Message-ID: <36B622CE.B4B63306@tmbg.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: UK Back To Skull Single Just out of curiousity (and the fact that I've already bid for it on E-Bay), are there any differences between the UK release of Back to Skull and the US release? I ask simply because I notice the US releases going for far more on auction at E-Bay than the only UK one currently up for sale there. bobscott@tmbg.org AKA Bob "Who is not allowed to blink..." Scott ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.6.32.19990201154921.008c34e0@pop.mindspring.com > Date: Mon, 01 Feb 1999 15:49:21 -0600 From: "The Li'l Depressed Boy" Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Spitting Contest >Well, it's not so bad as not knowing about the special "Dinner Bell" reverse track on Severe Tire Damage. This one is a dandy if you take the time to find it. > While we are at it, let's not forget the secret track that is hidden on the oposite side of the CD, called "THERE IS NO SECRET TRACKS BESIDES THE APES AND TOKEN BACK TO BROOKLYN, DON'T BELIEVE THESE PEOPLE, YOU'VE LET THEM TAKE A SARCASTIC COMMENT TOO FAR, DO NOT BELIEVE!" TINSTBTAATBTBDBTPYLTTASCTFDNB is one of my fav'rit songs. TINSTBTAATBTBDBTPYLTTASCTFDNB is the only song that really expresses how they feel about us "bloody idiotic communists" (their words not mine) on the Internet. Now quick, be a good gullible person and put in that CD upside down and listen intently, you'll love it. LDB -- http://www.lucidx.com/is My egotistical webpage, links to all the webpages I don't keep in my sig. -- http://www.mp3.com/idolv Download some of my music. -- http://members.xoom.com/MaxxIda/ The Official Sam Kieth Webpage - The Maxx IDA -- Contemporary Cartoon Militia is (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble and Kris W. M. Struble. | The Li'l Depressed Boy, Phreeck, Spyder Hunt, and all related characters (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 01 Feb 1999 15:59:11 -0600 From: Bob Scott Message-ID: <36B623AF.193A676E@tmbg.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Spitting Contest The Li'l Depressed Boy wrote: > >Well, it's not so bad as not knowing about the special "Dinner Bell" > reverse track on Severe Tire Damage. This one is a dandy if you take the > time to find it. > > > While we are at it, let's not forget the secret track that is hidden on the > oposite side of the CD, called "THERE IS NO SECRET TRACKS BESIDES THE APES > AND TOKEN BACK TO BROOKLYN, DON'T BELIEVE THESE PEOPLE, YOU'VE LET THEM > TAKE A SARCASTIC COMMENT TOO FAR, DO NOT BELIEVE!" > TINSTBTAATBTBDBTPYLTTASCTFDNB is one of my fav'rit songs. > TINSTBTAATBTBDBTPYLTTASCTFDNB is the only song that really expresses how > they feel about us "bloody idiotic communists" (their words not mine) on > the Internet. Now quick, be a good gullible person and put in that CD > upside down and listen intently, you'll love it. > > LDB > -- > http://www.lucidx.com/is > My egotistical webpage, links to all the webpages I don't keep in my sig. > -- > http://www.mp3.com/idolv > Download some of my music. > -- > http://members.xoom.com/MaxxIda/ > The Official Sam Kieth Webpage - The Maxx IDA > -- > Contemporary Cartoon Militia is (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble and Kris W. > M. Struble. | The Li'l Depressed Boy, Phreeck, Spyder Hunt, and all > related characters (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble If you put in both CD's from Then at the same time, the flames COULD be considered a secret track. Also, Back to Skull goes good with a side of salami. That is all. bobscott@tmbg.org AKA Bob "This insanity must end! Ah, what the hell..." Scott ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.3.32.19990201194647.007652cc@goshen.edu> Date: Mon, 01 Feb 1999 19:46:47 -0500 From: "Amanda Heggen" Subject: Re: TMBG: References in the XTC Book At 06:28 PM 1/31/99 PST, Nathan Mulac DeHoff wrote: >Has anyone else here read the relatively new book _XTC: Song Stories_, >by Neville Farmer? It's quite amusing and informative, and I'd >recommend it for all XTC fans. Anyway, now that I've gotten the >obligatory generic plug out of the way, I'm mentioning the book here >because there are two references to TMBG: > >On p. 277 (all page numbers refer to the Hyperion edition): > >"Andy was visiting Erica in New York and as David Yazbek lives there, >Colin flew over and David produced the track ["Cherry In Your Tree"] >with They Might Be Giants drummer, Brian Docherty (sic), at Kampo >Studios on the Bowery." > > >On p. 295: > >"John Flansburgh of They Might Be Giants called Andy one day to ask if >he would contribute a track for the Hello Recording Club, which releases >compilations of demos by famous artists and interesting unsigned ones. . >. Two songs resulted, 'Prince of Orange' and 'My Brown Guitar.' The >latter was a plodding but striking tune of extraordinary harmonies and >grinding guitars which even Flansburgh suggested should be an XTC album >track." I'm glad you sent this out. I just got Song Stories recently, but hadn't gotten a chance to read it yet. Speaking of XTC and TMBG, everyone should check out 'A Testimonial Dinner', which is a bunch of bands' tribute to XTC. TMBG does a great cover of '25 o'clock'. They wanted to do 'This Is Pop', but it was just too hard. It's wonderful to hear TMBG's clever interpretation of a great song. There's some other good tracks on there, one of my favorites is Joe Jackson's 'Statue of Liberty'. Sarah MacLachlan does a cover of 'Dear God' which cracks me up. Spacehog's 'Senses Working Overtime' is pretty darn funny as well. ~Amanda ------------------------------ Message-Id: <01FEB99.21537651.0364.MUSIC@MARISTB.MARIST.EDU> Date: Mon, 01 Feb 1999 19:56:32 EST From: Misty Subject: Re: TMBG: triangle man LOSES! (so rt of) > >What I really liked was that the Johns did was a "fast forward" Shoehorn with >Teeth. I've never seen them do this before. They played Shoehorn with Teeth >normally, then decided to do this version. They just sang really fast, and sor >of mumbled it and Dan still played the glockenspeil in the right places (I hav >no idea how to spell that). I thought it sounded really neat. > I saw them do this same thing at a show at The Chance in Poughkeepsie, NY, in October 1997. I thought it was really cool, too. It was also my first experience with the glockenspeil. Quite bodacious. Misty ------------------------------ Message-Id: <4.1.19990201204436.00924b30@pop.mindspring.com> Date: Mon, 01 Feb 1999 20:47:01 -0500 From: Ben Bradshaw Subject: TMBG: The List I was just wondering. Is it only my computer or does the digest version of this list get progressively worse and worse as you scroll down for everyone? That's it. Oh yeah, is anyone going to the Moxy Fruvous show at the 9:30 club? Ben "I was out by myself in the graveyard. I was doing an interpretive dance." Take A Gander, part 2 http://www.geocities.com/southbeach/lights/5364 ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 1 Feb 1999 16:27:52 -0500 (EST) From: Chad M Maloney Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: 9:30 Fruvous Message-ID: On Mon, 1 Feb 1999, Ben Bradshaw wrote: > Oh yeah, is anyone going to the Moxy Fruvous show at the 9:30 club? I'm driving out there for the DC and Philly shows, yeah! Oh, and if you signed up for the Turtle Tree for the Bowery Ballroom show, the structure is posted, so you may want to head back to that page and check it out. I don't have the URL handy though - sorry. - Chad ------------------------------ Message-ID: Date: Mon, 1 Feb 1999 22:12:44 -0500 (EST) From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: 9:30 Fruvous Excerpts from internet.music.tmbg: 1-Feb-99 Re: NON-TMBG: 9:30 Fruvous by Chad M Maloney@rosevc.ro > I'm driving out there for the DC and Philly shows, yeah! Oh, and if you yeah! I'm glad I'm not the only person crazy enough to do this. :) (but are you going to the Pittsburgh show? :) Lawrence Solomon http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~lps/ lps@andrew.cmu.edu "Just because you're floating doesn't mean * This space inadvertently you haven't drowned." -They Might Be Giants * left with stuff in it. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <36B62D0F.11119BBE@osu.edu> Date: Mon, 01 Feb 1999 22:39:14 +0000 From: Diana Kocar Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: 9:30 Fruvous I'm pretty new to the list, so forgive me for not knowing this, but I was just wondering what all the talk is about Moxy Fruvous and why they come up so much on a TMBG list. I've never heard their music or any mention of them other than on this list. What are they like? Are they a band I would tend to like since I like TMBG (kinda like BFF seems to be liked by a lot of listies, though I don't see how they are really related to TMBG)? Thanks, Diana ------------------------------ From: Laura A Miller Subject: Re: TMBG: Spitting Contest, Lincoln Message-Id: <36b674b40e8d057@mhub2.tc.umn.edu> Date: Mon, 1 Feb 1999 21:44:53 -0600 Responding to the message of Mon, 01 Feb 1999 13:12:24 -0800 from "Spencer Owen" : > > >>Also, you'd better take Bongo up on his "Lincoln" offer. It's an > >>excellent album. I used to have it. > > > >Wait a minute. It's an excellent album, but you don't have it >anymore? > >Did you lose it, or what? > > I am REALLY bad at organizing my CDs, or I used to be. Just now I found a > good system...those CD binders suck, so I just put them in stacks by > alphabetical order. I used to alphabetize my CDs but it got to be too much work once I kept getting more and more. I do have them semi-organized. Those from the same artist or genre are lumped together and I have my most frequently listened to CDs at the top of the CD tower. > > Also, this "Spitting Contest" on John Henry thing is pissing me off. TELL > ME IF ITS REAL GODDAMNIT (I feel so gullible if it's not...) > ------------------------------ From: ErgoTM@aol.com Message-ID: <8e9772d.36b67711@aol.com> Date: Mon, 1 Feb 1999 22:54:57 EST Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: 9:30 Fruvous Well, most TMBG fans are into the Frusters, but the one's who aren't, REALLY aren't (from my experience). But if I was a betting man (I alas am only a wagering lad) I would say you would be very likely to be a Moxy Fruvous fan. But as Smokey the Bear would say "Only you can consent (to be a) Fruvous buyer." Jeff "Small Wonder is the devil's work" Craig ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #15-2 *****************************