Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #15-3 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 15, Number 3 Wednesday, 3 February 1999 Today's Topics: Re: NON-TMBG: 9:30 Fruvous Re: TMBG: The List TMBG: Real Reason... TMBG: TMBG on Bill Nye? Re: NON-TMBG: The Tom Green Show TMBG: ages Re: TMBG: ages Re: TMBG: ages Re: TMBG: ages Re: TMBG: ages Re: TMBG: ages TMBG: ages TMBG: hi honey, i'm home Re: TMBG: ages Re: TMBG: ages Re: TMBG: ages Re: TMBG: TMBG on Bill Nye? Re: TMBG: ages TMBG: London gig review Re: TMBG: ages Re: TMBG: TMBG on Bill Nye? TMBG:Age TMBG: AGE! Re: NONTMBG: ages Re: TMBG: ages Re: NON-TMBG: ages and birthdays and stuff TMBG: NONTMBG Ages.... again Re: NON-TMBG: ages and birthdays and stuff Re: NON-TMBG: ages and birthdays and stuff Re: TMBG: ages Re: TMBG: ages TMBG: Live Dr. Worm Mp3 Re: NONTMBG: ages Re: TMBG: ages Re: NON-TMBG: ages and birthdays and stuff Re: NON-TMBG: ages and birthdays and stuff Re: TMBG: ages TMBG: Re: AGE! Re: NON-TMBG: 9:30 Fruvous Re: TMBG: ages Re: NON-TMBG: ages and birthdays and stuff TMBG: This, that and the other Re: TMBG: This, that and the other Re: TMBG: ages Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-ID: <36B701B3.682F15CB@rosevc.rose-hulman.edu> Date: Tue, 02 Feb 1999 08:46:27 -0500 From: Chad Maloney Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: 9:30 Fruvous Diana Kocar wrote: > > I'm pretty new to the list, so forgive me for not knowing this, but I was just > wondering what all the talk is about Moxy Fruvous and why they come up so much on > a TMBG list. I've never heard their music or any mention of them other than on > this list. What are they like? Fruvous is very hard to nail down in words really. They are an incredible live band and incredibly diverse and competent musicians. I mean, the bass player can sing and play at the same time[1]! He's gotta be good. Seriously though, checkout http://www.fruvous.com for Fruvous information. They have incredibly up to date tour information plus reviews of shows from the fans. If there is a tour date close to you, I'd more than highly recommend it. It will at least be worth the $8 if not worth a whole lot more. Here's what the campus paper at UIUC said awhile back: "What does Moxy Fruvous sound like? "They sound like the Roches meet XTC at a party thrown by Camper Van Beethoven for Robyn Hitchcock's marriage to Cole Porter with They Might Be Giants as wedding band and Tom Lehrer acting as minister, but just as everyone starts singing old Queen songs the party is crashed by the entire cast of the Muppet Show. Moxy Fruvous is that good." -The Octopus (Champaign, IL), September 1996 > Are they a band I would tend to like since I > like TMBG (kinda like BFF seems to be liked by a lot of listies, though I don't > see how they are really related to TMBG)? What they have in common with TMBG (in my ever so humble, especially when it comes to Moxy Fruvous, opinion) is mostly the intelligent lyrics. The words are complex and meaningful. The musical stylings aren't too similar, but both live in the world between kill my mother angst and happy pop. But there are enough crossover fans. A good number of people on the list have the patience to actually keep up with alt.music.moxy-fruvous, which I'm guessing is because they are used to the off topic posts here as well *grin* If you are looking to start at Fruvous, either go see a show based on nothing but what you've heard and see what happens. Either that or go buy Live Noise, a live album that gets as close as possible to canning the live energy of a show. [OSU? Ohio state? There's a show in Dayton Wednesday night and another in Pittsburgh on Thursday. I'll be at the Dayton show. Dunno about the Pittsburgh show yet. I think I'm only taking Friday off work, but I haven't fully decided yet *grin*] - Chad [1] This flashback moment brought to you by Chad Mahoney ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 09:19:10 -0700 (MST) From: Jim Kuemmerle Subject: Re: TMBG: The List Message-ID: On Mon, 1 Feb 1999, Ben Bradshaw wrote: > I was just wondering. Is it only my computer or does the digest version > of this list get progressively worse and worse as you scroll down for > everyone? That's it. do you mean content or what? --jim kuemmerle, who's not on the digest version... j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668/ ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Tue, 02 Feb 1999 12:07:58 -0800 From: "Spencer Owen" Subject: TMBG: Real Reason... I love TMBG, don't get me wrong. Now, however, I know the REAL reason I'm on this list...you guys are so goddamn funny. I get a jokes newsletter and almost never laugh...I laugh out loud EVERYTIME I get this newsletter. Thank you for the Spitting Contest thing (the sarcastic comments eventually let me get the joke), and thank you for a little amusement in my day. :) Now, just out of gratitude, and ONLY if you found the 54,489 hidden tracks on every CD that TMBG have put out, and you're STILL NOT SATISFIED, here's a couple little secret tidbits. 1) If you are a person who has a crush on Linnell, jump off of a twenty story building. Linnell will immediately leave his wife and become a necrophiliac for you. 2) NOTE: BEFORE YOU DO THIS, PUT TMBG'S "FLOOD" IN YOUR CD PLAYER. Ask someone who speaks only Spanish, "Why does the sun shine?" The person, in frustration, will take out a large, blunt instrument and chase you exactly 5.7 miles with it. After you have run this far, sit down and have a glass of water. Meanwhile the person will take the large blunt object and beat him- or herself unconcious with it. Walk home. A flash flood will occur. Immediately play track 5,988 (since you've found all the hidden tracks, of course). After the flood washes you into oblivion, stand up, say the word "matriarch" exactly 49 times, throw the nearest glass object onto the floor and walk on the shards. When the blood dries and your breath comes back to you, you will be completely invincible. 4) If you see TMBG in concert and they play exactly 40 songs (including the encore), spanning 63 minutes and 42 seconds total, wait 7 minutes and 3.6 seconds after the show is over. Then IMMEDIATELY jump on to the stage and throw a lit match into one of the roadies' hair. He will yell, "AAAAHHHH!" which EVERYBODY knows is the secret code. John Linnell and his mother will immediately come on stage, and put out the fire. You then ask John, "Say, my old chap, what is the average rainfall per decade in Venezuela?" He will answer, "My shoes are made of old frankfurters. What are your shoes made of?" You then must tell his mother, "Aloysius is an old flame of mine. We never really knew each other, but now that I've met you, I've realized we've never needed to know each other." She will respond, "We're staying, but I never drink wine." Now, HERE, this is the key: Run to the nearest Taco Bell, and ask the counterperson for a taco with EXACTLY 37 martini olives in it and nothing else. Sky Flansburgh will manifest before your eyes and tell you the Johns' e-mail addresses, their home addresses, and the location of the master tapes for every song they've ever recorded, released or un-released. Then run back to the location of the concert, where John Linnell will be waiting with a tape recorder. He will tell you that the tape recorder can record your thoughts. He will then press record and ask you to think of the answer to the question, "What is the meaning of life?" IMMEDIATELY THE ONLY THING YOU MUST THINK IS "All of the prophets in the world cannot tell you. Only I can tell you that it is transmittable only by thought, and the answer is art." You then must go home and sleep for 3 hours and 42 minutes. When you wake up, wait five minutes, and then sing the entire liberetto of Gilbert and Sullivan's "HMS Pinnafore". When you complete, John Flansburgh will knock on your door and hand you a suitcase full of 7 old shoes and 3 billion dollars. 4) If you burn your house down and kill your entire family, you'll find out that you're an idiot. If you were offended by anything that I have said, please send a thank you bomb to my house, at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. Hope this finds you well. --Spencer, who interrupts you while you're trying to complete this thought ------------------------------ From: GhostKrabb@webtv.net (Dexter Flansburgh) Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 14:30:05 -0800 (PST) Subject: TMBG: TMBG on Bill Nye? Message-ID: <12611-36B77C6D-513@mailtod-241.iap.bryant.webtv.net> Hello all. I'm sure that a lot of you know about that scientific funny man, Bill Nye the Science Guy. Well you see, at my school, in the science classes, teachers costantly show recordings of Bill Nye shows. I'm currently in 7th grade, and some of my friends who are in sixth grade, and have the same science teacher saw a Bill Nye video about ricks I think they said. Now, they don't know much about TMBG, but of course, I'm always busy talking about them, because they're my absolute fav thing in the world. Anyway, based on my descriptions, and a few giants pics I've shown them, they couldv'e sworn they saw Them on that video that their teacher showed to 'em. For those of you who have ever watched the show, you know that there's that part about half way through, were they have a music video that educates you on whatever the theme of that particular show might be. Well, my friends said that They were singing about how rocks are hard and stuff like that. They also said that who they believed to be TMBG were wearing hard hats. I then went to their science teacher asking if I could see the video, and he's not very musically inclined, so when I told him my story he said "Oh, I don't think it's any popular band." I know that TMBG is fairly popuar, but not like the popular he was thinking of, more along the lines of mainstrwam, which They definetly are NOT. But this seems like the kinda' thing They'd do, doesn't it. So I'm curious if it was in fact Them. Does anybody know anything about this? me, Dexburger ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990202232859.15457.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Josh Buckland" Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: The Tom Green Show Date: Tue, 02 Feb 1999 15:28:58 PST I think it's the best show on MTV! I have the first two episodes taped, and I plan on taping the rest.! Josh Buckland dilbert_2000@hotmail.com ICQ#: 17262308 contact me! http://www.angelfire.com/va/ozzyfest/index.html "Buying condoms is important because it helps prevent STD's." "Why don't you try abstinance?" "Abstinance? Do you wear that? Is it like a jokey strp, what is it?" -The Tom Green Show ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Subject: TMBG: ages Message-ID: <19990202.183325.7431.0.sailormorningstar@juno.com> From: Karyn M Majetich Date: Tue, 02 Feb 1999 18:39:10 EST Hi guys! I was just wondering...how old is everyone on this list?? It's funny because there are some people who I figured were my age and turned out to much younger or older.. Just curious....no pressure to answer.....would be nice though -Karen :P ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: GhostKrabb@webtv.net (Dexter Flansburgh) Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 15:43:12 -0800 (PST) Subject: Re: TMBG: ages Message-ID: <12612-36B78D90-670@mailtod-241.iap.bryant.webtv.net> Actually, that's a good question. I'd like to know as well. Oh, I'm 13. me, Dexburger ------------------------------ From: wagner@mindspring.com Message-ID: <004901be4f05$3f1c4280$b73756d1@computer> Subject: Re: TMBG: ages Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 18:39:13 -0500 okay hey. i'm 17 years old, 18 in may. david. wagner. wagner@mindspring.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <36B78CC7.68CE82E@cnr.edu> Date: Tue, 02 Feb 1999 18:39:52 -0500 From: "Sarah Starr" Subject: Re: TMBG: ages Karyn M Majetich wrote: > Hi guys! I was just wondering...how old is everyone on this list?? It's > funny because there are some people who I figured were my age and turned > out to much younger or older.. > Just curious....no pressure to answer.....would be nice though I am 19. goddamn in-between age. sarah faye -- "He used to be your victim now you're not the only one...." --Elvis Costello, "Accidents Will Happen" http://lindramine.cjb.net -- The Princess's Castle ------------------------------ From: PULPSTRESS@aol.com Message-ID: <94adb13b.36b78f58@aol.com> Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 18:50:48 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: ages In a message dated 99-02-02 18:42:21 EST, sailormorningstar@juno.com writes: << Hi guys! I was just wondering...how old is everyone on this list?? It's funny because there are some people who I figured were my age and turned out to much younger or older.. >> I'll be 24 in 10 days. Is anyone keeping a birthday's list, btw? Some of the other lists I'm on have an 'official' birthday list and whoever's in charge of the list makes mention on the list of people's birthdays as they come up. jennifer ------------------------------ From: GhostKrabb@webtv.net (Dexter Flansburgh) Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 15:55:06 -0800 (PST) Subject: Re: TMBG: ages Message-ID: <12612-36B7905A-700@mailtod-241.iap.bryant.webtv.net> --WebTV-Mail-36028891-365 Content-Type: Text/Plain; Charset=US-ASCII Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7Bit Ooooh, oooh. I got dibs on being in charge of the birthday list if we decide to have one. Everybody E-mail me with your birthdays. Thanks, Dexburger --WebTV-Mail-36028891-365 Content-Disposition: Inline Content-Type: Message/RFC822 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7Bit Received: from mailsorter-102.bryant.webtv.net (207.79.35.92) by postoffice-241.iap.bryant.webtv.net; Tue, 2 Feb 1999 15:52:07 -0800 (PST) Return-Path: Received: from ussenterprise.ufp.org (ussenterprise.ufp.org [209.249.97.242]) by mailsorter-102.bryant.webtv.net (8.8.8/ms.graham.14Aug97) with ESMTP id PAA24630; Tue, 2 Feb 1999 15:52:07 -0800 (PST) Received: from localhost (majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.2/8.9.2) with SMTP id SAA09122; Tue, 2 Feb 1999 18:52:51 -0500 (EST) Received: by ussenterprise.ufp.org (bulk_mailer v1.6); Tue, 2 Feb 1999 18:52:49 -0500 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.2/8.9.2) id SAA09107 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Tue, 2 Feb 1999 18:52:49 -0500 (EST) Received: from imo20.mx.aol.com (imo20.mx.aol.com [198.81.17.10]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.2/8.9.2) with ESMTP id SAA09098 for ; Tue, 2 Feb 1999 18:52:47 -0500 (EST) From: PULPSTRESS@aol.com Received: from PULPSTRESS@aol.com by imo20.mx.aol.com (IMOv18.1) id DEGBa19752 for ; Tue, 2 Feb 1999 18:50:48 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <94adb13b.36b78f58@aol.com> Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 18:50:48 EST To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Mime-Version: 1.0 Subject: Re: TMBG: ages Content-type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit X-Mailer: AOL 3.0 16-bit for Windows sub 58 Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Reply-To: PULPSTRESS@aol.com In a message dated 99-02-02 18:42:21 EST, sailormorningstar@juno.com writes: << Hi guys! I was just wondering...how old is everyone on this list?? It's funny because there are some people who I figured were my age and turned out to much younger or older.. >> I'll be 24 in 10 days. Is anyone keeping a birthday's list, btw? Some of the other lists I'm on have an 'official' birthday list and whoever's in charge of the list makes mention on the list of people's birthdays as they come up. jennifer --WebTV-Mail-36028891-365-- ------------------------------ From: Laura A Miller Subject: TMBG: ages Message-Id: <36b795466c20430@mhub2.tc.umn.edu> Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 18:16:06 -0600 I just turned 24 a couple of weeks ago. I'm getting old. once in a while I'll spot a gray hair in my head. Scary huh? Laura ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 19:25:33 EST Subject: TMBG: hi honey, i'm home to clear the record: well, earlier i was watching one of those "before they were rock stars" things on vh1.. and they did the backstreet boys. "a.j." was in nickelodeon's HHIH... and they played a little bit from it and the theme... and it was definitely NOT tmbg. so there ya have it. sarah ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Message-ID: <72e387ad.36b79843@aol.com> Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 19:28:51 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: ages might as well. In a message dated 2/2/99 6:44:47 PM, wagner@mindspring.com writes: >okay > >hey. i'm 17 years old, 18 in may. > >david. wagner. wagner@mindspring.com > > i'm 17 years old, 18 in september. for the birthday list: september 2. i share a birthday with keanu reeves and salma hayek. ::rolls eyes:: hey karen, aren't you gonna answer your own question? sarah ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 19:41:23 -0500 (EST) From: "Kirsten L. Brodbeck" Subject: Re: TMBG: ages Message-ID: On Tue, 2 Feb 1999, Karyn M Majetich wrote: > Hi guys! I was just wondering...how old is everyone on this list?? It's > funny because there are some people who I figured were my age and turned > out to much younger or older.. I am nineteen. Is it just me, or has this list gotten a lot younger since I joined? Or maybe I've just gotten older... Kirsten (remembering that she was 16/17 when she joined...) "All love is rhymed need." - Peter S. Beagle, _A Fine & Private Place_ ------------------------------ Message-Id: <4.1.19990202195556.00931e00@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Tue, 02 Feb 1999 19:56:30 -0500 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: ages I'm 20 and turn 21 on Nov. 17, a birthday I share with one Danny DeVito. -Adam -- /=---------------- http://www.he-man.org/ctyner/ ----------------=\ http://www.crystal-night.com/~ctyner/tuscadero.html http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ He-Man, Tuscadero, "Weird Al", Yoo-hoo, Killer Tomatoes, & more! ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 19:55:41 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG on Bill Nye? In a message dated 2/2/99 5:32:38 PM, GhostKrabb@webtv.net writes: >Hello all. I'm sure that a lot of you know about that scientific funny >man, Bill Nye the Science Guy. love bill nye. in fact.. i did one of my favourite full page sketches one time when i was listening to npr, and he was doing an interview. errr.. okay.. > Well you see, at my school, in the >science classes, teachers costantly show recordings of Bill Nye shows. >I'm currently in 7th grade, jesus christ.. you are young. >Now, they don't know much about TMBG, but of >course, I'm always busy talking about them, because they're my absolute >fav thing in the world. Anyway, based on my descriptions, and a few >giants pics I've shown them, they couldv'e sworn they saw Them on that >video that their teacher showed to 'em. alright, stop here. their tmbg knowledge being just based on flimsy details, this should be the indication to not believe them 100%... you know? this sounds like another spitting contest. in fact, that was you, wasn't it? especially considering this has not been beought up before. it could have very well been david spade and dan akroyd [*] and they might have thought it was tmbg. though for some reason, i'm expecting what they saw to be totally non-tmbg-looking.. like ween or something. i wouldn't be surprised. sarah now playing : air "moon safari" ------------------------------ From: RabbiVole@aol.com Message-ID: <2db8a305.36b79fbd@aol.com> Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 20:00:45 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: ages In a message dated 99-02-02 18:42:24 EST, sailormorningstar@juno.com writes: << Hi guys! I was just wondering...how old is everyone on this list?? It's funny because there are some people who I figured were my age and turned out to much younger or older.. >> i'm afraid i'm not nearly so venerable as i'd like. ;) you know, the grey beard, mottled skin, wise smile, and wooden cane would suit me very well--heh. i've certainly a ways to go before then: at seventeen, i shall turn eighteen on august fourteenth. old enough to buy cigarettes and vote in my local, state, and national elections, no less! woohoo! and .. this is the kicker.. i COULD be a dependent, if i hadn't decided to live at home and go to college for the next few decades! hooray! peace, love, and good happiness stuff, jay. ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199902030104.BAA18776@mailhost.dircon.co.uk> Date: Wed, 03 Feb 1999 01:07:19 +0000 From: Joe Keith Subject: TMBG: London gig review [Unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html), contents not processed] ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 20:13:49 -0500 Subject: Re: TMBG: ages Message-ID: <19990202.201550.9358.0.captainmarvel2@juno.com> From: Derek A Klein >Ooooh, oooh. I got dibs on being in charge of the birthday list if we >decide to have one. Everybody E-mail me with your birthdays. >Thanks, Ah, what the hell? I'm 16, I'll be 17 May 25. Derek "What is everyone staring at?" ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-ID: <36B7A4BF.5349A364@tmbg.org> Date: Tue, 02 Feb 1999 20:22:07 -0500 From: Feeny aka Chris Campbell Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG on Bill Nye? > Hello all. I'm sure that a lot of you know about that scientific funny > >man, Bill Nye the Science Guy. > Hello Dexter! > >I'm currently in 7th grade Yes You are young, Aw but once I was that 7th grader on the list!(9th currently) > >Now, they don't know much about TMBG, but of > >course, I'm always busy talking about them, because they're my absolute > >fav thing in the world. Anyway, based on my descriptions, and a few > >giants pics I've shown them, they couldv'e sworn they saw Them on that > >video that their teacher showed to 'em. I have seen this episode!! "We Rock Hard, BUT ROCKS ROCK HARDER!!!!!" Its _-*NOT*-_ TMBG, I wish it were Bill Nye is great, he is why I tested out of earth science and into biology:-) -BUT- If tmbg were to play on BNSG, which is aimed at a 4th grade level(Hey I still watch it once in a while!!) So if were to be the house band or even play 1 or 2 songs, I think more people would think of tmbg as a kids band and not take them seriously. I Once shared that same dream Dexter:-) - Feeny, aka Christopher Feeny Campbell -- Feeny@tmbg.org --- Http://w3.to/tmbg ---- "Calling you the nicest things"-they MIGHT BE giants (She's an Angel) "Helms-A-Lee boy, I'm coming about. Dont fill me in on right or wrong" -Moxy Fruvous (Present Tense Tureen) "Nah, Nah Nah Nah, HEY! Nah Nah Nah Nah" -Homer Simpson (The Hey Song) ------------------------------ Message-ID: <36B7A74E.5F379395@tmbg.org> Date: Tue, 02 Feb 1999 20:33:02 -0500 From: Feeny aka Chris Campbell Subject: TMBG:Age Feeny claims to be 43, but will reveal his true self for the list. I am 14 years old..... I will be 15 on July 10th D-O-B, July 10, 1984 _Feeny Admits He is only 14, but through rigorous intelligence tests, modern science has found feeny to be 1000 years old and sings in a bass baritone voice_ -- - Feeny, aka Christopher Feeny Campbell -- Feeny@tmbg.org --- Http://w3.to/tmbg ---- "Calling you the nicest things"-they MIGHT BE giants (She's an Angel) "Helms-A-Lee boy, I'm coming about. Dont fill me in on right or wrong" -Moxy Fruvous (Present Tense Tureen) "Nah, Nah Nah Nah, HEY! Nah Nah Nah Nah" -Homer Simpson (The Hey Song) ------------------------------ Subject: TMBG: AGE! Message-ID: <19990202.204910.4591.0.sailormorningstar@juno.com> From: Karyn M Majetich Date: Tue, 02 Feb 1999 20:55:07 EST Geeze! I didnt expect such a big reply to my question..hehe I'll answer now.... I am 17... July 10, 1981 :) -Karen :P ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990203014953.8387.rocketmail@web1.rocketmail.com> Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 17:49:53 -0800 (PST) From: Danielle Gaither Subject: Re: NONTMBG: ages ---Dexter Flansburgh wrote: > Ooooh, oooh. I got dibs on being in charge of the birthday list if we > decide to have one. Everybody E-mail me with your birthdays. Aw, why not? I'm 22--will be 23 on June 11. I share a birthday with Gene Wilder, Nelson Mandela, and Joe Montana, to name a few. And of course my birthday comes a day before that of you-know-who... ;) The Inspector Formerly Known As Danielle === URL: http://come.to/cherubino See, Starvin' Marvin, these are what we call *appetizers*. This is what you eat before you eat to make you more hungry. --Eric Cartman _________________________________________________________ DO YOU YAHOO!? Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com ------------------------------ Message-Id: <02FEB99.23008068.0052.MUSIC@MARISTB.MARIST.EDU> Date: Tue, 02 Feb 1999 21:18:13 EST From: Misty Subject: Re: TMBG: ages Geez, I didn't realize how old I was. I'm not as aged as some of the old farts on the list like Jennifer and Laura, but at 19, and turning 20 in a couple of months, I definitely feel middle-aged. I hope I don't go through some sort of mid-life crisis. Okay, that's it, I'm dying my hair! Misty ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990203022201.8700.rocketmail@send203.yahoomail.com> Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 18:22:01 -0800 (PST) From: Happy Cow Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: ages and birthdays and stuff Hello All, I'm 16 (woo hoo! I can drive!). My birthday is Oct. 16. I don't share it with anyone famous....oh well. ~Connie~ "It sucks to be under 21"- Save Ferris _________________________________________________________ DO YOU YAHOO!? Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <006501be4f1c$60101d60$96431ecf@default> From: "Green Jello" Subject: TMBG: NONTMBG Ages.... again Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 21:24:44 -0500 25 ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990203023903.8399.rocketmail@web4.rocketmail.com> Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 18:39:03 -0800 (PST) From: Danielle Gaither Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: ages and birthdays and stuff ---Happy Cow wrote: > > Hello All, > I'm 16 (woo hoo! I can drive!). My birthday is Oct. 16. I don't share > it with anyone famous....oh well. Sure you do, sweetie! Check out: http://www.scopesys.com/anyday/ and see for yourself! Anyone else can do the same for his/her birthday. Always happy to help, Inspector Over the Mine === URL: http://come.to/cherubino See, Starvin' Marvin, these are what we call *appetizers*. This is what you eat before you eat to make you more hungry. --Eric Cartman _________________________________________________________ DO YOU YAHOO!? Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <8qhvdna00UwC1OVJM0@andrew.cmu.edu> Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 21:54:43 -0500 (EST) From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: ages and birthdays and stuff well, I might as well... turned 22 on 1/25. and I feel old among all these teenagers. :) (have I really been here for 3 years?!?) Lawrence Solomon http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~lps/ lps@andrew.cmu.edu "Just because you're floating doesn't mean * This space inadvertently you haven't drowned." -They Might Be Giants * left with stuff in it. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <36B775E5.49A27BFA@osu.edu> Date: Tue, 02 Feb 1999 22:02:13 +0000 From: Diana Kocar Subject: Re: TMBG: ages I'm older than I've ever been....ha ha ha...I'm sure THAT'S been used before. I'm 20, and I turn 21 next January 2nd. :-) Diana ------------------------------ From: Drizzt_DoUrden@att.net (Chris Cornell) Subject: Re: TMBG: ages Date: Wed, 03 Feb 1999 03:21:18 GMT Organization: Godless Inc. Message-ID: <36b8c08e.36433127@mailhost.worldnet.att.net> I'm 20 and turn 21 on November 27th. ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 21:42:06 -0600 From: "Jay G." Message-ID: <798g7u$p0j$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Live Dr. Worm Mp3 Hi! I've just uploaded the live recording of Dr. Worm from Pointfest that Tim was nice enough to record/encode and send to me for posting. The web address is below: http://home.att.net/~marsilies/DrWorm.mp3 It's a really good recording of it, I particularly like the echo effects near the end. -Jay ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 22:38:58 -0500 (EST) From: Mindy Howie Subject: Re: NONTMBG: ages Message-ID: No _way_! My birthday's on the 11th, too! :) (I happen to be 19, BTW) --M On Tue, 2 Feb 1999, Danielle Gaither wrote: > ---Dexter Flansburgh wrote: > > Ooooh, oooh. I got dibs on being in charge of the birthday list if we > Aw, why not? I'm 22--will be 23 on June 11. I share a birthday with Gene > Wilder, Nelson Mandela, and Joe Montana, to name a few. And of course my > birthday comes a day before that of you-know-who... ;) > > The Inspector Formerly Known As Danielle ------------------------------ From: IamSam98@aol.com Message-ID: <99ef7dc1.36b7c7a7@aol.com> Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 22:51:03 EST Subject: Re: Re: TMBG: ages My 26th will be on May 3rd. So close to Flansie's. ;) -Samantha ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Message-ID: <332d4fd6.36b7c566@aol.com> Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 22:41:26 EST Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: ages and birthdays and stuff In a message dated 2/2/99 10:40:34 PM, lps+@andrew.cmu.edu writes: >(have I really been here for 3 years?!?) so have i, just about... wow... sarah ------------------------------ Message-Id: <4.1.19990202225654.00949860@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Tue, 02 Feb 1999 22:57:24 -0500 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: ages and birthdays and stuff At 10:41 PM 2/2/99, KdsInThHal@aol.com wrote: > >so have i, just about... wow... I'm right around the 2 and a half years mark myself. I think I first subscribed in August '96 -Adam -- /=---------------- http://www.he-man.org/ctyner/ ----------------=\ http://www.crystal-night.com/~ctyner/tuscadero.html http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ He-Man, Tuscadero, "Weird Al", Yoo-hoo, Killer Tomatoes, & more! ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199902030427.XAA66644@f04n07.cac.psu.edu> Date: Tue, 02 Feb 1999 23:27:59 -0500 From: Jason Fickley Subject: Re: TMBG: ages I will be 19 on March 4, which also happens to be my 1 year anniversary of joining the list! No, I'm not an obssesive freak, I just remember that I joined on my birthday. So, you can all send me twice the presents :) --Jason-- ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 02 Feb 1999 22:35:43 -0600 From: Bob Scott Message-ID: <36B7D21F.E0915573@tmbg.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re: AGE! I'll post my age here, as this seems to be the July column :P I'm 19 currently, born on July 11, 1979. Of course, the gamma radiation keeps my coat shiny like new! bobscott@tmbg.org AKA Bob "I wouldn't drop the AKA for the world!" Scott ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199902030445.XAA118174@f04n01.cac.psu.edu> Date: Tue, 02 Feb 1999 23:45:52 -0500 From: Jason Fickley Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: 9:30 Fruvous I enjoy Fruvous a lot, but I would suggest listening to them somehow before you buy one of their cd's. When I graduated high school, I decided I'd spend some of the free cash I got on Bargainville since everyone on the list seemed to be so fond of them. I have to admit, when I popped it into the cd player in my car on the way home, the first thing I heard was 'River Valley' and I thought to myself "Self, what did you just spend $13.00 on?" By the time I got home, though, I had a different opinion and figured I might as well listen to it a few times before I toss it in the 'what was I thinking' pile with Aerosmith's Get A Grip and Cyprus Hill's Black Sunday (no offense to you Aerosmith/Cyprus Hill fans...when WILL they tour together? :) ) Anyway, I ended up liking them a lot, (even River Valley). So my point is, uh...well, it's in there somewhere. --Jason-- At 10:39 PM 2/1/99 +0000, Diana Kocar wrote: >I'm pretty new to the list, so forgive me for not knowing this, but I was just >wondering what all the talk is about Moxy Fruvous and why they come up so much on >a TMBG list. I've never heard their music or any mention of them other than on >this list. What are they like? Are they a band I would tend to like since I >like TMBG (kinda like BFF seems to be liked by a lot of listies, though I don't >see how they are really related to TMBG)? > >Thanks, >Diana > ------------------------------ Message-Id: <36B7D945.1BBB237D@tc.umn.edu> Date: Tue, 02 Feb 1999 23:06:13 -0600 From: Laura Miller Subject: Re: TMBG: ages Ooooh doooo not forsake me for I aaaaam 1,000 years oooooooold Laura Diana Kocar wrote: > I'm older than I've ever been....ha ha ha...I'm sure THAT'S been used before. > > I'm 20, and I turn 21 next January 2nd. :-) > > Diana ------------------------------ From: RabbiVole@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 00:54:24 EST Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: ages and birthdays and stuff sarah wrote: << >(have I really been here for 3 years?!?) so have i, just about... wow... >> counting the short interrim i took from the list from mid-august to september or october, i've been here for perhaps a year: and it seems like eternity. i thought i was the venerable one, eh. old people, all of you. ;) peace, love, and good happiness stuff, jay. ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 17:33:17 +1100 Message-Id: <1.5.4.16.19990116105252.27e75408@mail.hinet.net.au> From: Ryan Mooney Subject: TMBG: This, that and the other Answers: 1. The UK single of "Back To Skull" is missing "Ondine", because in 1994 the British Phonographic Institute did not allow CDs with more than four tracks to chart. Since then, the BPI has revised this to three tracks. Hence the new UK 4-track "Doctor Worm" CD is now ineligible for placing. 2. The Apes tracks and "Token Back To Brooklyn" are not the only secret tracks ever. Don't forget that the untitled 'Gloria' track was unlisted on "(She Was A) Hotel Detective". Those of us with Video Bootleg #2 will know about the secret Apollo 18 promo track "Integrity Project" and the not-included-on-CD Fingertip "Tonight Is The Nighttime". And on the first pressing of the "Snail Shell" promo disc (PRCD 9017-1), there is an unlisted second track - the name of which I have never discovered. Presumably it was recalled because they didn't get clearance for the sample (?). Anyone know? 3. Amanda is right. Buy "A Testimonial Dinner", even if you have an MP3 of "25 O'Clock". The other songs are fantastic. -Ryan --- More music! Less money! 18/01/99: Back To The Future Part II: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack (German LP) Frente!: Marvin The Album (Australian CD) TISM: Collected Recordings 1986-93 (Australian 4CD box set) 22/01/99: They Might Be Giants: S-E-X-X-Y (US promo CD) ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Message-ID: <1100475b.36b7ee85@aol.com> Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 01:36:53 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: This, that and the other In a message dated 2/3/99 1:34:14 AM, ryanm@hinet.net.au writes: >the secret Apollo 18 promo track "Integrity Project" and the >not-included-on-CD Fingertip "Tonight Is The Nighttime". that's right. hey, how come no one has these sound files up on the web to prove it? ;) integrity project.....integrity proje-ect... this isss the neeeww they might be gi-unts... sarah ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 22:47:11 -0800 From: Bob Gonsalves Subject: Re: TMBG: ages >I just turned 24 a couple of weeks ago. I'm getting old. once in a while >I'll spot a gray hair in my head. Scary huh? > Heh. I'm 45, no joke. June 2, aka Coronation Day in Britain. I dye my grey sideburns bright blue, in solidarity with my parakeets. Bob Gonsalves, Research Director, Pink Noise Studios Art*Technology*Politics http://www.pinknoiz.com/ ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #15-3 *****************************