Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #15-4 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 15, Number 4 Thursday, 4 February 1999 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: ages TMBG: Ages, or something. Re: TMBG: ages Re: TMBG: hi honey, i'm home Re: TMBG: hi honey, i'm home Re: TMBG: TMBG on Bill Nye/long tenures TMBG: tmbg.com products Re: TMBG: AGE! TMBG: Ages of TMBG-listers TMBG: off topic, Fruvous recommendations? TMBG: Re: ages TMBG: Re: Age TMBG: off topic, Fruvous recommendations? Re: NON-TMBG: Fruvous recommendations? TMBG & NONTMBG: Ages & hidden tracks... Re: Non-TMBG: ages NON-TMBG: List Problems Re: TMBG: off topic, Fruvous recommendations? Re: TMBG: off topic, Fruvous recommendations? Re: TMBG: Ages of TMBG-listers NON-TMBG: ages + Fruvous Re: They Might Be Joey (Was Re:TMBG: hi honey, i'm home) Re: TMBG: Ages of TMBG-listers Re: TMBG: triangle man LOSES! (sort of) TMBG: The Birdhouse Song Re: NON-TMBG: Fruvous recommendations? Re: TMBG: off topic, Fruvous recommendations? Re: TMBG: AGE! Re: NON-TMBG: Fruvous recommendations? Re: TMBG: The List TMBG: anonymous list Re: TMBG: The List Re: TMBG: AGES! TMBG: Re: ages Re: TMBG: Re: ages TMBG: birthdays and stuff (plus a little question) Re: TMBG: hi honey, i'm home -Reply non-TMBG: Are you feeling old? (was Ages?) Re: TMBG: The Birdhouse Song Re: non-TMBG: Are you feeling old? (was Ages?) very-non-TMBG: Are you feeling old? (was Ages?) TMBG: Hotel detective EP Re: TMBG: birthdays and stuff (plus a little question) Re: non-TMBG: Are you feeling old? (was Ages?) NON-TMBG: New Kids Re: TMBG: off topic, Fruvous recommendations? TMBG: tmbg list demographics Re: TMBG: tmbg list demographics Re: very-non-TMBG: Are you feeling old? (was Ages?) Re: TMBG: birthdays and stuff (plus a little question) Re: non-TMBG: Are you feeling old? (was Ages?) Re: TMBG: tmbg list demographics Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: linnel@snet.net Message-Id: <199902030138.UAA21689@pop.snet.net> Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 20:34:37 -0500 Subject: Re: TMBG: ages [Unknown MIME type or encoding (text/enriched), contents not processed] ------------------------------ Message-ID: <008401be4f57$03799000$5a228a81@rcn.nmt.edu> From: "Refund" Subject: TMBG: Ages, or something. Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 02:24:32 -0700 Well, I'm currently 19. I will turn 20 on June 2nd. Oh, any 19-21 year old ladies who want to marry an official TMBG Ambassador, email me, k? ;0) Signed, Nick Wolf, TMBG Ambassador to the state of New Mexico. The effect? I'll tell you what the effect is! It's pissing me off! Ghostbusters, the Movie. P.S. Visit www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Amphitheatre/5550/ The first Julie Plug tribute page in HISTORY!!! :0) ------------------------------ From: linnel@snet.net Message-Id: <199902031130.GAA23858@pop.snet.net> Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 22:30:58 -0500 Subject: Re: TMBG: ages > I'm older than I've ever been....ha ha ha...I'm sure THAT'S been used before. and now you're even older! sorry sorry... couldn't resist.... jen one day, my friend mike and i cooked a meal together. we made some vegetables and spaghetti with a little cheese on the side. after we ate our wonderful meal, i wanted to do the dishes right away. mike disagreed, since he didn't have to be home for another hour. we argued for a little while, but by then it was too late and we did the dishes. hey- i never said it was going to be an interesting story. jen I think that a neat trick would to go up to mime in the park, and pretend that your stuck in a box with him. When he starts to do his mime thing, start crying and banging your head against the walls of the box to try and get out. After about 10 minutes, pretend to turn a handle and step out of the box. And i think it would be funny if you were to say, "Man. this sure is a tricky door," and walk away. And if people laugh at you, it's ok to tie a kite around their neck. But make sure you give the mime some money. ------------------------------ From: GhostKrabb@webtv.net (Dexter Flansburgh) Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 02:51:50 -0800 (PST) Subject: Re: TMBG: hi honey, i'm home Message-ID: <519-36B82A46-196@mailtod-241.iap.bryant.webtv.net> --WebTV-Mail-1389121921-111 Content-Type: Text/Plain; Charset=US-ASCII Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7Bit I heard on TMBG spy (for those of you who know the page) that Birdhouse in your soul was supposed to be the theme for soe sitcom. They never gave the title of the show though. So I don't know if it's already been aired, and they decided to go without TMBG, or it's still yet to come. It was like a year ago when I read this. me, Dexburger --WebTV-Mail-1389121921-111 Content-Disposition: Inline Content-Type: Message/RFC822 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7Bit Received: from mailsorter-102.bryant.webtv.net (207.79.35.92) by postoffice-242.iap.bryant.webtv.net; Tue, 2 Feb 1999 16:35:52 -0800 (PST) Return-Path: Received: from ussenterprise.ufp.org (ussenterprise.ufp.org [209.249.97.242]) by mailsorter-102.bryant.webtv.net (8.8.8/ms.graham.14Aug97) with ESMTP id QAA13233; Tue, 2 Feb 1999 16:35:51 -0800 (PST) Received: from localhost (majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.2/8.9.2) with SMTP id TAA11744; Tue, 2 Feb 1999 19:33:58 -0500 (EST) Received: by ussenterprise.ufp.org (bulk_mailer v1.6); Tue, 2 Feb 1999 19:33:49 -0500 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.2/8.9.2) id TAA11729 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Tue, 2 Feb 1999 19:33:48 -0500 (EST) Received: from imo23.mx.aol.com (imo23.mx.aol.com [198.81.17.67]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.2/8.9.2) with ESMTP id TAA11720 for ; Tue, 2 Feb 1999 19:33:46 -0500 (EST) From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Received: from KdsInThHal@aol.com by imo23.mx.aol.com (IMOv18.1) id PTHWa07010 for ; Tue, 2 Feb 1999 19:25:33 +1900 (EST) Message-ID: Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 19:25:33 EST To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Mime-Version: 1.0 Subject: TMBG: hi honey, i'm home Content-type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit X-Mailer: AOL for Macintosh sub 189 Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Reply-To: KdsInThHal@aol.com to clear the record: well, earlier i was watching one of those "before they were rock stars" things on vh1.. and they did the backstreet boys. "a.j." was in nickelodeon's HHIH... and they played a little bit from it and the theme... and it was definitely NOT tmbg. so there ya have it. sarah --WebTV-Mail-1389121921-111-- ------------------------------ From: Kaylum@aol.com Message-ID: <42749af3.36b8422f@aol.com> Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 07:33:51 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: hi honey, i'm home I<< I heard on TMBG spy (for those of you who know the page) that Birdhouse in your soul was supposed to be the theme for soe sitcom. They never gave the title of the show though. So I don't know if it's already been aired, and they decided to go without TMBG, or it's still yet to come. It was like a year ago when I read this. >> I read that about 2 years ago, maybe more. I know TMBG was asked to provide the theme song for Friends and declined (something about not liking the pilot), and I always wondered if there was any connection between those two stories. Kay ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 08:05:05 -0600 (CST) From: bill tatalovich Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG on Bill Nye/long tenures Message-ID: On Tue, 2 Feb 1999 KdsInThHal@aol.com wrote: > sarah > now playing : air "moon safari" So you finally got it, eh, Sarah? What do you think? Then Lawrence wrote: > (have I really been here for 3 years?!?) To which Sarah wrote: > so have i, just about... wow... To which Adam responded: > I'm right around the 2 and a half years mark myself. I think I first > subscribed in August '96 To which I say: Wow....leave it to this list to make me feel old, and to wonder what the hell I've done for the past two and a half years (I too joined in August/September of '96, but had a brief hiatus last year, I think). I know there are a couple of others here that have been on forever (mostly lurkers, though....start writing, guys!), but damn it, I still feel old. I know....pointless message. What do you expect at 8 in the morning? The Rev np: Jawbox--My Scrapbook of Fatal Accidents |~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~| | Reverend Bill Tatalovich | Home page: | | | http://students.cec.wustl.edu/~wt3/ | | wt3@cec.wustl.edu |~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ | personnel@kwur.wustl.edu | | emogeek@hotmail.com | ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 08:09:19 -0600 (CST) Message-Id: <199902031409.IAA26069@sendit.sendit.NoDak.edu> From: " " Subject: TMBG: tmbg.com products I have a question that is probably dumb.... Is the stuff on TMBG.com in the catalog from the info club? And if yes, do they sell more than shown on the homepage in the info club? And again if yes, how does one get a catalog. Thank you for your time, James Webb jamweb@sendit.nodak.edu ------------------------------ Message-ID: <36B867D3.99E2725F@pop.drake.edu> Date: Wed, 03 Feb 1999 09:14:27 -0600 From: Jason Arnold Organization: Drake Subject: Re: TMBG: AGE! I'll reply I guess too. 21 will be 22 on august 25th. Born in the year of the great Star Wars. Karyn M Majetich wrote: > Geeze! I didnt expect such a big reply to my question..hehe I'll answer > now.... > I am 17... July 10, 1981 :) > > -Karen :P > > ___________________________________________________________________ > You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. > Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html > or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-ID: <36B86AAE.F93D282B@btc.adaptec.com> Date: Wed, 03 Feb 1999 08:26:38 -0700 From: Russ Josephson Organization: Adaptec, Inc Subject: TMBG: Ages of TMBG-listers > From: Karyn M Majetich > Date: Tue, 02 Feb 1999 18:39:10 EST > > Hi guys! I was just wondering...how old is everyone on this list?? It's > funny because there are some people who I figured were my age and turned > out to much younger or older.. > Just curious....no pressure to answer.....would be nice though > > -Karen :P I'm 40 years old, but have found that the music of TMBG is a veritable "Fountain of Youth". The secret is to play the 7" vinyl EP of "Older" backwards on your turntable. Russ p.s. It only works if you have a moving-coil cartridge. -- WORK: HOME: STMicroelectronics Russ Josephson 1951 S. Fordham St. 1217 N. Aspen Dr. Longmont, CO 80503 Berthoud, CO 80513-1040 Phone: (303) 684-4722 (970) 532-0453 Fax: (303) 684-3020 (970) 690-1509 (cellular) mailto:russj@juno.com http://www.st.com http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/7158 ------------------------------ Message-Id: <36B86DFC.C43481C0@mail.hcc.cc.fl.us> Date: Wed, 03 Feb 1999 10:40:45 -0500 From: Bert Rubini Organization: none Subject: TMBG: off topic, Fruvous recommendations? Well, I've heard about Moxy Fruvous a bunch of times now, even before joining this list, so now I've decided I have to check them out. What would you recommend as the best one to get first? I'm sure everyone will give me a different answer, but I would be interested in your opinions so I can decide which CD to get. PS. I won't say my age, but I'm pretty certain I'm the oldest person on this list, by far. You young whippersnappers. bert -- My homepage - now updated with even more boring photos and mindless tedium!: http://www.hcc.cc.fl.us/services/faculty/bertrubini/home.htm ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 03 Feb 1999 10:53:04 -0500 From: TDK Message-ID: <36B870DF.16543318@cybercomm.net> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re: ages I will be 25 on 7/21, and I share my birthday with Jon Lovitz, Robin Williams, Don Knotts and Ernest Hemmingway. (He would be turning 100 this year if he were alive today) Karyn M Majetich wrote: > Hi guys! I was just wondering...how old is everyone on this list?? It's ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Wed, 03 Feb 1999 08:07:56 -0800 From: "Spencer Owen" Subject: TMBG: Re: Age > Ooooh, oooh. I got dibs on being in charge of the birthday list if we > decide to have one. Everybody E-mail me with your birthdays. I'll bite. I'm 14. I'll be 15 on April 10th. I share a birthday with some other famous and non-famous folks who were born on that day. --Spencer, who is getting older (but not as old as YOU! HA!) ------------------------------ From: Matt James Message-Id: <199902031617.LAA19958@fellspt.charm.net> Subject: TMBG: off topic, Fruvous recommendations? Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 11:17:53 -0500 (EST) > Well, I've heard about Moxy Fruvous a bunch of times now, > even before joining this list, so > now I've decided I have to check them out. What would you > recommend as the best one > to get first? I'm sure everyone will give me a different > answer, but I would be interested in > your opinions so I can decide which CD to get. > > PS. I won't say my age, but I'm pretty certain I'm the > oldest person on this list, by far. You > young whippersnappers. Hi Bert, Assuming that you have visited http://www.fruvous.com and have seen their discography I would suggest _You Will Go To the Moon_ for a studio album and _Live Noise_ for a live album, which does a fairly good job of capturing the live show (although it doesn't compare to being there). I still don't think _B_ or _Wood_ are available domestically in the US. To tell you the truth, _Bargainville_ would be a great choice, too, can't go wrong with that one. -Matt ------------------------------ Message-ID: <36B87874.F887AE5B@rosevc.rose-hulman.edu> Date: Wed, 03 Feb 1999 11:25:24 -0500 From: Chad Maloney Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Fruvous recommendations? Bert Rubini wrote: > > Well, I've heard about Moxy Fruvous a bunch of times now, > even before joining this list, so > now I've decided I have to check them out. What would you > recommend as the best one to get first? You now, sometimes I think much more than half of my posts on this list are answering that there question *grin* Here are my recommendations: If you can get out to see a show (check http://www.fruvous.com for up to the minute Tour info), do that first. You'll know if you like them or not from that. If you can't go to a show, get Live Noise. That's their live album, and is truly a _live_ album recorded at 6 of their shows in late '97. It's closer to their live show than their albums. It's long, so it's worth the bucks. You know, this question used to be a lot harder before Live Noise *grin* - Chad ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 11:57:55 -0500 (EST) From: "Jason A. Glastetter" Subject: TMBG & NONTMBG: Ages & hidden tracks... Message-ID: I'm 18, I share my birthday with America's favorite teenager, Mr. DeGliAntoni of Soul Coughing. As for hidden tracks...if I remember correctly Apollo 18 had three singles; the two of them I'm concerned with being I Palindrome I & The Statue Got Me High. Now someone correct me if I'm wrong, but "Larger Than Life" was on both of these, right; however on one of them (not sure which) it was a hidden track? right? My favorite hidden track rumor is still: put in the pink album upsidedown in your CD player; the early version of the song "They Might Be Giants" plays. Although I highly doubt that this happens, the concept of a double sided CD intreges me. --jason "feliz navidad" glastetter ==================================================================== http://www.poingly.com - - Home of the infamous Poingly online game! http://www.mp3.com/poingly - - Download Poingly songs FREE!!!!!!!!!! ==================================================================== ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 09:14:06 -0800 Message-Id: From: LVJeff Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: ages >Hi guys! I was just wondering...how old is everyone on this list?? It's >funny because there are some people who I figured were my age and turned >out to much younger or older.. >Just curious....no pressure to answer.....would be nice though Just joining the crowd here. Me be 26. And KidsInTheHall Sarah, by the way... you're just turning 18? I thought you were in college all this time! :-) --LVJeff ==========================_______________________________________... . . . | from LVJeff | Kerim Bey: "But I am already in your debt." | alecson@ucla.edu | James Bond: "How can a friend be in debt?" | ICQ# 10906249 | ========================== - From Russia with Love ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990203162411.17636.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: NON-TMBG: List Problems Date: Wed, 03 Feb 1999 08:24:10 PST I don't think I've received any messages from the list since yesterday morning. Has the list been quiet recently, or have I been unsubscribed for no apparent reason? If the latter is true, it won't be the first time it's happened. Has anyone else been mysteriously unsubscribed from the list, or does it have some kind of grudge against me? -- May you live in interesting times, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <001701be4f98$e3a95020$5999e7ce@Balloon> From: "Balloon" Subject: Re: TMBG: off topic, Fruvous recommendations? Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 12:16:06 -0500 >Well, I've heard about Moxy Fruvous a bunch of times now, >even before joining this list, so >now I've decided I have to check them out. What would you >recommend as the best one >to get first? I'm sure everyone will give me a different >answer, but I would be interested in >your opinions so I can decide which CD to get. I'd say get Live Noise!! it is an easy way to see many sides of their music on one cd...thats the one that I got first and now I can't get enough Fruvous!!! -Eric HellHotel@tmbg.org Http://i.am/HellHotel "What? Ridden on a horse?" "Yes" "You're using coconuts!" "...What?" "You've got two empty halves of coconuts and you're banging them together." "So? We have ridden since the snows of winter covered this land, through the kingdom of Mercea." "Where did you get the coconuts?" "Through ... We found them." "Found them? In Mercea. The coconut's tropical!" "What do you mean?" "Well, this is a temperate zone." "The swallow may fly south with the sun, or the house martin or the plover seek warmer hot lands in winter, yet these are not strangers to our land." "Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?" "Not at all. They could be carried." "What? A swallow carrying a coconut?" "Why not?" "I'll tell you why not ... because a swallow is about eight inches long and weighs five ounces, and you'd be lucky to find a coconut under a pound." "It could grip it by the husk ..." ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199902031722.MAA99692@f04n01.cac.psu.edu> Date: Wed, 03 Feb 1999 12:22:39 -0500 From: Jason Fickley Subject: Re: TMBG: off topic, Fruvous recommendations? At 11:17 AM 2/3/99 -0500, Matt James wrote: >I still don't think _B_ or _Wood_ are >available domestically in the US. Well, I bought them both at the local Media Play, so they definetly are available in the US. --Jason-- ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.3.32.19990203123159.0077821c@goshen.edu> Date: Wed, 03 Feb 1999 12:31:59 -0500 From: "Amanda Heggen" Subject: Re: TMBG: Ages of TMBG-listers I'm 20, and I share a birthday with a Viking that's somewhere on my family tree. It is nice to see how old people are, so this list doesn't have quite so much of that creepy anonymous feel to it. Peace, ~Amanda ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 10:38:35 -0800 (PST) From: Nicole Carlson Subject: NON-TMBG: ages + Fruvous Message-ID: On Wed, 3 Feb 1999 owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org wrote: > I am nineteen. Is it just me, or has this list gotten a lot > younger since I joined? Or maybe I've just gotten older... Well, hey--you ARE older than you've ever been... But yes, I think you're right... > turned 22 on 1/25. and I feel old among all these teenagers. :) > (have I really been here for 3 years?!?) I'm with you on both sentiments, m'friend. :) Re: Moxy Fruvous: What Chad said. :) I tend to gush whenever I plug Fruvous, so I'll hold myself down to this: Fruvous is an excessively talented band that plays great music and happens to be nice (they stay around to chat after shows, for example) on top of all that. My experience has been that most TMBG fans will like Moxy Fruvous. Their live shows are some of the best I've seen. If they're anywhere close to you, I hereby exhort you to go. --nicole the wonder nerd who is 21, by the way ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 03 Feb 1999 13:24:16 -0600 From: Bob Scott Message-ID: <36B8A260.8CD1155D@tmbg.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: They Might Be Joey (Was Re:TMBG: hi honey, i'm home) Kaylum@aol.com wrote: > I know TMBG was asked to provide > the theme song for Friends and declined (something about not liking the > pilot), and I always wondered if there was any connection between those two > stories. The questions that arise from the possibility of TMBG writing the theme to Friends! We know that they would have been blasted to obscurity by this point, like the Rembrants, of course. And I don't think I could truly respect a band that truly, full-heartedly liked the pilot to friends. ^_^ bobscott@tmbg.org AKA Bob "Imagining the John's playing 'I'll Be There for You' and trying to find a gun" Scott ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 03 Feb 1999 13:27:55 -0600 From: Bob Scott Message-ID: <36B8A33B.58E72D6C@tmbg.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: Ages of TMBG-listers Amanda Heggen wrote: > It is nice to see how old people are, so this list doesn't have > quite so much of that creepy anonymous feel to it. Creepy anonymous feel? Whatever could you mean by that? Or not mean? I could very well be offended, or not. Well, I'm off to do whatever it is I do, which cannot be disclosed at this time. Anony "Tagline pending, or not" Mous ------------------------------ Message-ID: <36B8759B.3345@bgnet.bgsu.edu> Date: Wed, 03 Feb 1999 16:13:16 +0000 From: "K.C." Subject: Re: TMBG: triangle man LOSES! (sort of) By the way, you weren't the only one singing along. I was, and all the people around me looked at me like I was some kind of freak (ah, recognition...). But, unfortunately, I don't know all the words, even after listening to TDK's new, more-audible, WUFTM mp3. Do we know every last word? If we do, shouldn't we put them up on tmbg.org? Or is someone WUFTM to stop us from knowing them all? -- K.C. Kless "...I am a snake head eating the head on the opposite side..." Commissioner, TertiArse Fantasy Sports DocWorm@tmbg.org ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990203194909.12212.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "nikki trokey" Subject: TMBG: The Birdhouse Song Date: Wed, 03 Feb 1999 11:49:09 PST Hi! Does anyone know the title of the album that the birdhouse song is on? -Nikki ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <36B86697.1BA97C6B@osu.edu> Date: Wed, 03 Feb 1999 15:09:15 +0000 From: Diana Kocar Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Fruvous recommendations? Thanks for all the input about Fruvous! I did listen to a couple things on CDnow with RealAudio (just like 30 seconds of a couple songs) and I thought they sounded pretty cool. I can see why TMBG fans like them now. From what I heard, the lead singer's voice reminded me of Linnell. I'll definitely have to get a CD sometime. Thanks, Chad, for mentioning the concert in Dayton! What a coincidence that they're coming near me just as I start to become interested in them. Alas, I have no car to get me there. Diana PS A word about people's ages--it's cool to find this out about people! Now I have a better idea of who is reading this......we should send out some kind of poll for everyone to fill out which would reveal all sorts of personal information. :-) PPS Does anyone know about how many people are on this list? ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 14:24:39 -0700 Subject: Re: TMBG: off topic, Fruvous recommendations? Message-ID: <19990203.142442.3566.2.TMBgirl@juno.com> >>I still don't think _B_ or _Wood_ are >>available domestically in the US. > >Well, I bought them both at the local Media Play, so they definetly >are >available in the US. they made their US debut at the end of ocotber (98). take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html :::what i wouldn't give for some NyQuil::: ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990203215450.28594.rocketmail@send205.yahoomail.com> Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 13:54:50 -0800 (PST) From: Talcott Starr Subject: Re: TMBG: AGE! ---Karyn M Majetich wrote: > > Geeze! I didnt expect such a big reply to my question..hehe I'll answer > now.... > I am 17... July 10, 1981 :) > > -Karen :P > > Yes! 1981er's unite!!! Yep, born August 12, 1981 - == |\_________\ | Co-Owner of ThetaSoft| | \|___ ___| | http://members.xoom.com/ThetaSoft | || | |-----------------------------------| || | "If you can't see dreams, your eyes are blind" || | -Moxy Fruvous- "Fly" \|___|ALCOTT STARR _________________________________________________________ DO YOU YAHOO!? Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com ------------------------------ Message-Id: <2.2.32.19990203220012.0122ab9c@pop-server.austin.rr.com> Date: Wed, 03 Feb 1999 16:00:12 -0600 From: Mitchell Harding Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Fruvous recommendations? At 03:09 PM 2/3/99 +0000, you wrote: >they sounded pretty cool. I can see why TMBG fans like them now. From what >I heard, the lead singer's voice reminded me of Linnell. I'll definitely >have to get a CD sometime. They don't really have a lead singer -- each of them sings lead on different songs. In which song, may I ask, did the lead singer sound like Linnell to you? Harf, Mitch http://ccwf.cc.utexas.edu/~mitcharf/index.html "Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so." - Bertrand Russell ------------------------------ Message-Id: <4.1.19990203172552.00924460@pop.mindspring.com> Date: Wed, 03 Feb 1999 17:37:56 -0500 From: Ben Bradshaw Subject: Re: TMBG: The List >> I was just wondering. Is it only my computer or does the digest version >> of this list get progressively worse and worse as you scroll down for >>everyone? That's it. >do you mean content or what? I was talking about the general layout. It starts out with the To, From, Subject etc being neatly laid out usually for about a third of the digest, then all of a sudden the neat and tidy layout is just gone. Everythign runs together. There's a lot of code. I generally notice this beginning around this Dexburger character's posts. It may just be my computer, but it bugs me. Ben "I was out by myself in the graveyard. I was doing an interpretive dance."-TMBG Take A Gander, part 2 http://www.geocities.com/southbeach/lights/5364 ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.3.32.19990203173622.006adbbc@goshen.edu> Date: Wed, 03 Feb 1999 17:36:22 -0500 From: "Amanda Heggen" Subject: TMBG: anonymous list At 01:27 PM 2/3/99 -0600, Bob Scott wrote: >Amanda Heggen wrote: > >> It is nice to see how old people are, so this list doesn't have >> quite so much of that creepy anonymous feel to it. > >Creepy anonymous feel? Whatever could you mean by that? Or not mean? I could >very well be offended, or not. Well, I'm off to do whatever it is I do, which >cannot be disclosed at this time. > Okay, well, I withdraw the 'creepy' (I didn't really mean it in the first place, I just stuck it in there cause I was sleepy and not thinking straight)(oh, and I had lots of drugs pumping through the veins)(and I was being killed, so everything was freaking me out at that moment in time). HOWEVER, I'll stick with the anonymous. ~Amanda ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 16:37:47 -0600 (CST) From: Steven Robertson Subject: Re: TMBG: The List Message-ID: On Wed, 3 Feb 1999, Ben Bradshaw wrote: > I was talking about the general layout. It starts out with the To, From, > Subject etc being neatly laid out usually for about a third of the digest, > then all of a sudden the neat and tidy layout is just gone. Everythign > runs together. There's a lot of code. I generally notice this beginning > around this Dexburger character's posts. It may just be my computer, but > it bugs me. If I'm not mistaken, his e-mails usually have an image or something that appears at the end of them bearing a signature. (I'm not entirely sure on this - I get the list not on digest, and I also work from a text-only connection, so I can't see them - I just see something like [Image] with "Signature" a couple of lines below it.) If you're in digest mode and on a text-only connection, you may be seeing the actual data in the image. Steve PS. Sent to Ben and the rest of the list to both alert other people of the problem and get it to Ben maybe before he gets the next digest. ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 03 Feb 1999 17:38:25 -0500 From: Sarah Subject: Re: TMBG: AGES! Message-id: <36B8CFE0.1EB3@wmich.edu> I am 19 years of age..... the most meaningless age before 22..... Born on July 23, 1979..... ~Sarah "In the small pond, you'll be a big fish" >>>>>>>>> http://www.angelfire.com/me/momerath <<<<<<<<< ------------------------------ Message-Id: <4.1.19990203174937.0092e2c0@pop.mindspring.com> Date: Wed, 03 Feb 1999 17:51:26 -0500 From: Ben Bradshaw Subject: TMBG: Re: ages I'm 16, and will be 26 in a decade....wow...a decade. That is forever. You 20 year old people are SO old. Being born on May 21, I have the honor of sharing birthdates with Mr. T. Ben ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.6.32.19990203164121.00887bb0@pop.mindspring.com > Date: Wed, 03 Feb 1999 16:41:21 -0600 From: "The Li'l Depressed Boy" Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: ages At 05:51 PM 2/3/99 -0500, you wrote: >I'm 16, and will be 26 in a decade....wow...a decade. That is forever. >You 20 year old people are SO old. Being born on May 21, I have the honor >of sharing birthdates with Mr. T. > And that of my brothers, and the anniversery of the last episode of Newhart. L "I'm still here" D B -- http://www.lucidx.com/is My egotistical webpage, links to all the webpages I don't keep in my sig. -- http://www.mp3.com/idolv Download some of my music. -- http://members.xoom.com/MaxxIda/ The Official Sam Kieth Webpage - The Maxx IDA -- Contemporary Cartoon Militia is (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble and Kris W. M. Struble. | The Li'l Depressed Boy, Phreeck, Spyder Hunt, and all related characters (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.3.32.19990203175249.00ab333c@goshen.edu> Date: Wed, 03 Feb 1999 17:52:49 -0500 From: "Amanda Heggen" Subject: TMBG: birthdays and stuff (plus a little question) At 06:39 PM 2/2/99 -0800, >Inspector Over the Mine wrote: >Check out: > >http://www.scopesys.com/anyday/ > >and see for yourself! Anyone else can do the same for his/her birthday. > >Always happy to help, >Inspector Over the Mine > That's an interesting page. Seems I share a birthday with Patrick Stewart. After a moment of being impressed with my classy choice of birth dates, I read the fine print and realized it was not THE Patrick Stewart, but a hairy man from 'All my Children' (at least, I'm assuming he is relatively hairy). Oh well, I got Brian Eno, at least. I'm sure most of you people will be pissed at me for not knowing this, but what days are the John's birthdays? ------------------------------ From: rhilton@bitc.org.uk Message-Id: Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 20:04:36 +0000 Subject: Re: TMBG: hi honey, i'm home -Reply Warming to this theme, I think Dr Worm is crying out to be a title theme for a TV show and would then be a massive hit. But there are others who might hate to see this happen. Richard >>> "Kaylum@aol.com" 3/February/1999 05:49pm >>> I<< I heard on TMBG spy (for those of you who know the page) that Birdhouse in your soul was supposed to be the theme for soe sitcom. They never gave the title of the show though. So I don't know if it's already been aired, and they decided to go without TMBG, or it's still yet to come. It was like a year ago when I read this. >> I read that about 2 years ago, maybe more. I know TMBG was asked to provide the theme song for Friends and declined (something about not liking the pilot), and I always wondered if there was any connection between those two stories. Kay ------------------------------ From: OHLERT@accuwx.com Date: Wed, 03 Feb 1999 22:54:50 +0000 (GMT) Subject: non-TMBG: Are you feeling old? (was Ages?) Message-id: <01J7BO5XOJLKEVNA27@accuwx.com> Organization: AccuWeather, Inc In all this discussion about the ages on the list, it reminded me of this thing I recieved a while ago. (esp. since the median birth year for the list is falling about 1978-81) The people who are starting college last fall across the nation were born in 1980. 1. They have no meaningful recollection of the Reagan era. 2. They were prepubescent when the Persian Gulf War was waged. 3. Black Monday 1987 is as significant to them as the Great Depression. 4. Their lifetime has always included AIDS. 5. Atari predates them, as do vinyl albums 6. The expression "you sound like a broken record" means nothing to them. 7. They may have heard of an 8-track, but chances are they probably have never actually seen or heard one. 8. The digital Compact Disc was introduced when they were 1 year old. 9. As far as they know, stamps have always cost about 32 cents. 10. They have always had an answering machine. 11. Most have never seen a TV set with only 13 channels. 12. They were born the year that the Walkman was introduced by Sony. 13. They have no idea when or why Jordache jeans were cool. 14. They never took a swim and thought about Jaws. 15. They don't know who Mork was or where he was from. 16. They never heard the term "Where's the beef?" Peter "22" Ohlert ohlert@accuwx.com ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 18:08:57 -0500 Subject: Re: TMBG: The Birdhouse Song Message-ID: <19990203.180859.2870.0.captainmarvel2@juno.com> From: Derek A Klein Oh...my...god...this is a question I never expected to see agin, seeing as how that album is almost 9 years old. Anyway, it's on Flood. Derek "What is everyone staring at?" >Hi! Does anyone know the title of the album that the birdhouse song is on? > >-Nikki ________________________________________________________________ Get secure free e-mail that you don't need Web access to use from Juno, the world's second largest online service. Download your free software at http://www.juno.com/getit.b.html. ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 18:49:20 -0500 (EST) From: "Kirsten L. Brodbeck" Subject: Re: non-TMBG: Are you feeling old? (was Ages?) Message-ID: On Wed, 3 Feb 1999 OHLERT@accuwx.com wrote: > 5. Atari predates them, as do vinyl albums wrong. Vivid memories of dancing to Paul Simon's Graceland when it came out in 1985(6?). My brother and I danced to it so vigorously that it's quite scratched. We also used to play Pac-Man, ET, and Pitfall on my uncle's Atari. > 6. The expression "you sound like a broken record" means nothing to them. wrong. See above. > 7. They may have heard of an 8-track, but chances are they probably have > never actually seen or heard one. Wrong. My parents Suburban had an eight-track player, and they used it. > 9. As far as they know, stamps have always cost about 32 cents. Nope. > 10. They have always had an answering machine. Wrong again. I think we got our first one in 1990. > 11. Most have never seen a TV set with only 13 channels. My TV still has fewer than 13 channels. Of course, we bought it when I was four... > 14. They never took a swim and thought about Jaws. Now, come on! There was a girl in my first-grade class who was afraid to *bathe* because of Jaws. Do people think we were born in a vacuum? > 15. They don't know who Mork was or where he was from. I had Mork suspenders. > 16. They never heard the term "Where's the beef?" 'Course I heard it. I didn't really understand why it was so funny, though... I love how this thing makes everyone born after 1979 look like an ignoramus. Or maybe I'm just touchy... Kirsten "All love is rhymed need." - Peter S. Beagle, _A Fine & Private Place_ ------------------------------ Message-ID: Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 18:45:54 -0500 (EST) From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: very-non-TMBG: Are you feeling old? (was Ages?) let's make us 22 people feel *really* old now... Excerpts from internet.music.tmbg: 3-Feb-99 non-TMBG: Are you feeling o.. by OHLERT@accuwx.com > 1. They have no meaningful recollection of the Reagan era. I remember most of it... I remember very well watching him win the 1984 election (appropriate, eh?) and wondering why on earth he was so popular (I still wonder) > 2. They were prepubescent when the Persian Gulf War was > waged. Yeah, I'd stared my growth spurt by then... > 3. Black Monday 1987 is as significant to them as the Great Depression. Which one was Black Monday 1987 > 4. Their lifetime has always included AIDS. well, technically speaking, we 1977 people have lived alongside it, too, but it didn't become a news item until the late 1980s... > 5. Atari predates them, as do vinyl albums I remember when my parents bought me an Atari for Chanukah... I was so happy... I played Adventure and Pac Man for days on end... then they sold it when we got our Nintendo... the bastards... And I grew upu on vinyl. I had an automatic record player in my room, so I would go to sleep to a record every night. > 6. The expression "you sound like a broken record" means nothing to them. I heard that at least once a week from parents, teachers, and friends. > 7. They may have heard of an 8-track, but chances are they probably have > never actually seen or heard one. My first actual exposure to 8-tracks was only a couple of years ago. I'd known about them (and found them to be quite laughable) for a while. > 8. The digital Compact Disc was introduced when they were 1 year old. Seriously? We didn't get our first CD player until 1987... I remember buying albums on tape, though... > 9. As far as they know, stamps have always cost about 32 cents. hmmm, I think the last I can think of is 29, but I know it was lower... I just don't remember what it was before... > 10. They have always had an answering machine. whoa... I remember the old 10 ring standard - if they didn't pick up in 10 rings they weren't there... then when people brought their impatient business mentality home it went down to four... we used to take our time getting to the phone because we knew it would ring for a while. > 11. Most have never seen a TV set with only 13 channels. 13? try 5. I remember when my neighbors got Super TV and could get one other channel that they didn't normally get. And our TV had to switch between UHF and VHF manually... > 12. They were born the year that the Walkman was introduced by Sony. I remember when that came out. > 13. They have no idea when or why Jordache jeans were cool. why? no, I'll never understand fascism... er, fashion. when? oh yeah. > 14. They never took a swim and thought about Jaws. I think I must have subconsciously. I was terrified of the ocean. > 15. They don't know who Mork was or where he was from. He was from the planet Ork. Duh. And he was played by Robin Williams. > 16. They never heard the term "Where's the beef?" man, I hate feeling this old. :) here's another one - who here has had a microwave oven for as long as they can remember? (I remember when we got our first one - no digital keypad... this big huge bulky thing) not to mention home computers... ahhhh, nostalgia just ain't what it used to be... Lawrence Solomon http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~lps/ lps@andrew.cmu.edu "Just because you're floating doesn't mean * This space inadvertently you haven't drowned." -They Might Be Giants * left with stuff in it. ------------------------------ From: PRMega@aol.com Message-ID: <1ec59ee8.36b8dc05@aol.com> Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 18:30:13 EST Subject: TMBG: Hotel detective EP Does anyone know where I can find a copy of the "(She Was A) Hotel Detective" CD? This is the only commercial release missing from my collection, so can anyone help me? Thanks. PR Mega ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 18:54:27 -0500 (EST) From: "Kirsten L. Brodbeck" Subject: Re: TMBG: birthdays and stuff (plus a little question) Message-ID: Hey, I just found out I share my birthday (November 3) with Adam Ant! Kick ass! Kirsten "All love is rhymed need." - Peter S. Beagle, _A Fine & Private Place_ ------------------------------ Message-ID: <36B8E1EF.9CC86B1@calpoly.edu> Date: Wed, 03 Feb 1999 15:55:27 -0800 From: Phil Mettler Subject: Re: non-TMBG: Are you feeling old? (was Ages?) k98kb02@kzoo.edu wrote: > > On Wed, 3 Feb 1999 OHLERT@accuwx.com wrote: > > > 5. Atari predates them, as do vinyl albums > > wrong. Vivid memories of dancing to Paul Simon's Graceland when > it came out in 1985(6?). My brother and I danced to it so vigorously that > it's quite scratched. We also used to play Pac-Man, ET, and Pitfall on my > uncle's Atari. > Wait, you actually figured out how to play ET on the 2600? I could never figure out that game. ET and Indiana Jones had me completely stumped, but I killed at Pitfall 2 and River Raid. Also, I was unbeatable at combat. Phil -- "Say I'M the only bee in your bonnet" - They Might Be Giants --== Support Your Local Indie Lable ==-- ------------------------------ From: wagner@mindspring.com Message-ID: <003d01be4fd5$52a00640$f86056d1@computer> Subject: NON-TMBG: New Kids Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 19:28:42 -0500 sorry to those of you who might find this annoying, but i think it's really funny and a lot of you would really enjoy it, especially those of you that have expressed your hatred towards backstreet boys and n sync. btw, you can vote for total request live at www.mtv.com/mtv/tubescan_launch.html . alright. david. wagner. wagner@mindspring.com >>> I am not a big forward/chain letter person, but this sounds so awesome, >>> so at least read it. >>> >>> Hello all. This is a chain letter that I am starting (hear me out). >>> There is nothing I loathe more than chain letters. Well, except for the >>> teenage obsession and recent success of such male quintuplet vocal acts >>> as: The Backstreet Boys, N Sync, and 98 Degrees, and Five. >>> >>> I am the boy with cancer. I am Bill Gates with the enticing offer of an >> >>> all-expense paid trip to Disneyland. I am the naive college >>> freshman whose kidneys are no doubt being sold for thousands of dollars >>> on the black market. Now, to expose the plot, a nefarious scheme I've >>> contrived to pay them all back. The idea struck me-like a truck running >>> into a flightless bird who had inadvertently chosen to cross the >>> road-while I was watching TRL yesterday. >>> >>> TRL, for those of you who don't know, is the abbreviation for the >>> showcase of Carson Daly witticisms that is Total Request Live on MTV >>> (MTV itself being an abbreviation for Music Television). >>> >>> Here is what we must all pull together and do: send this email to as >>> many people as possible. The message is simple. On March 10, 1999, >>> everyone who has received this email will get on-line and, before the >>> airing of Total Request Live, cast their vote for the New Kids on the >>> Block's epic music video-"Hanging Tough." >>> >>> It is the ultimate insult to popular culture. >>> >>> And here is the compelling, dramatic, conclusion: I don't know if this >>> is original. I don't know if anyone has ever had this thought >>> before. You won't be cursed with bad luck and misfortune if you choose >>> not to pass this on. You, in turn, will not reep lifelong rewards and >>> benefits if you do. But you will laugh your ass off if it works. >>> And in that hysterical fit of laughter you will live the long fruitful >>> life and die the ill-fated tragic death all at the same time. We can >>> make this happen. >>> >>> Now the author would like to apologize for any misspellings, offensive >>> or politically incorrect ethnic slurs, verbosity, inappropriate word >>> use, and failure to convey a lucid, well-organized thought. >>> >>> Sincerely, >>> James Vaughan >>> >>> P.S. Be sure to include ridiculous things in your request, such as: >>> "Please Carson, will you play "Hangin' Tough" by the New Kids on the >>> Block. Danny is such a clean-cut boy, and he'll never be in trouble >>> with the law. Also, I think that these guys have the Right Stuff, and >>> they're going to be around for a long time." >> ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Message-ID: <5ac2d58a.36b8f572@aol.com> Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 20:18:42 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: off topic, Fruvous recommendations? In a message dated 2/3/99 12:18:32 PM, balloon@netheaven.com writes: >I'd say get Live Noise!! it is an easy way to see many sides of their music > >on one cd...thats the one that I got first and now I can't get enough > >Fruvous!!! i played some fruvous for a friend of mine and he was kinda indifferent to it.. but then i dragged him to a free fruvous concert and he totally fell in love with them and immediately bought live noise. :) sarah ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 20:29:41 EST Subject: TMBG: tmbg list demographics In a message dated 2/3/99 3:09:52 PM, kocar.1@osu.edu writes: >PS A word about people's ages--it's cool to find this out about people! >Now I have a better idea of who is reading this......we should send out >some >kind of poll for everyone to fill out which would reveal all sorts of >personal information. :-) actually, we did and it was compiled onto a web page... :) are we about due for another, seeing how there's so many new people? sarah ------------------------------ Message-ID: <002e01be4fe0$e5431540$3abd9cce@mike> From: Mike Blaser Subject: Re: TMBG: tmbg list demographics Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 20:51:29 -0500 -----Original Message----- From: KdsInThHal@aol.com To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Date: Wednesday, February 03, 1999 8:32 PM Subject: TMBG: tmbg list demographics > >In a message dated 2/3/99 3:09:52 PM, kocar.1@osu.edu writes: > >>PS A word about people's ages--it's cool to find this out about people! >>Now I have a better idea of who is reading this......we should send out >>some >>kind of poll for everyone to fill out which would reveal all sorts of >>personal information. :-) > > > >actually, we did and it was compiled onto a web page... :) > >are we about due for another, seeing how there's so many new people? > > >sarah Actually, I seem to remember us doing another one about a year or so ago after The Rev came back....but then nothing ever happened with it. And if we did do another, I wouldn't mind compiling the results....I've had a little too much time on my hands lately anyways. ~Mike ------------------------------ Message-Id: <03FEB99.22905048.0313.MUSIC@MARISTB.MARIST.EDU> Date: Wed, 03 Feb 1999 21:12:30 EST From: Misty Subject: Re: very-non-TMBG: Are you feeling old? (was Ages?) >here's another one - who here has had a microwave oven for as long as >they can remember? (I remember when we got our first one - no digital >keypad... this big huge bulky thing) not to mention home computers... > I remember when we got our first microwave. Cooking hot dogs used to take *so long* before that. BTW, it had a digital keypad. I remember mu.edu when I got my first CD player (I was actually a junior in high school tently when that happened) as well as my first tape player. I remember when n it. we got cable TV for the first time, and I even remember the day when we got our first VCR. (It was an RCA, and it had no on-screen programming. It was the late 80s when we got it). Our first computer was actually an old Commodore VIC-20. In fact, I still rememberwhen I got my Atari 2600 (in 1985, for my sixth birthday). Misty, the idol of millions ------------------------------ From: RabbiVole@aol.com Message-ID: <7b7138e.36b9033d@aol.com> Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 21:17:33 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: birthdays and stuff (plus a little question) In a message dated 99-02-03 18:53:22 EST, k98kb02@kzoo.edu writes: << Hey, I just found out I share my birthday (November 3) with Adam Ant! Kick ass! >> blah. i share a birthday with steve martin, magic johnson, david crosby, and several others i don't even recognize--stinks, doesn't it? we august fourteeners are a dull lot, it seems. lucky. ;) peace, love, and good happiness stuff, jay. ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Message-ID: <457ef207.36b8fd32@aol.com> Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 20:51:46 EST Subject: Re: non-TMBG: Are you feeling old? (was Ages?) i've seen this list before, but i never felt like replying. till now. i was born in '81, but i think this really applies to people even younger.. In a message dated 2/3/99 6:48:52 PM, k98kb02@kzoo.edu writes: > > >On Wed, 3 Feb 1999 OHLERT@accuwx.com wrote: > >> 5. Atari predates them, as do vinyl albums >> 6. The expression "you sound like a broken record" means nothing to >them. > > wrong. See above. (and the one about "the compact disc came out when they were 1") we got out cd player around '87-'88 as someone else mentioned. up until then, it was all records and tapes. debbie gibson, weird al, and the monkees. hehheh. >> 9. As far as they know, stamps have always cost about 32 cents. > > Nope. > >> 10. They have always had an answering machine. > > Wrong again. I think we got our first one in 1990. > >> 11. Most have never seen a TV set with only 13 channels. > > My TV still has fewer than 13 channels. Of course, we bought it >when I was four... it still works? the tv i used to use only had 13 channels. it was cute, too. orange, rounded corners... almost 60's looking. if i had the room in my room, i'd use it as an art piece. ;) >> 14. They never took a swim and thought about Jaws. > > Now, come on! There was a girl in my first-grade class who was >afraid to *bathe* because of Jaws. Do people think we were born in a >vacuum? LOL! >> 15. They don't know who Mork was or where he was from. > > I had Mork suspenders. i watched mork and mindy. of course. >> 16. They never heard the term "Where's the beef?" > > 'Course I heard it. I didn't really understand why it was so >funny, though... same here. my favourite is still the rubix cube. mm.. my mom tells me stories of how i used to pick off the stickers and re-stick them to make it look like i solved it. sarah ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 20:22:09 -0600 (CST) From: bill tatalovich Subject: Re: TMBG: tmbg list demographics Message-ID: >>>PS A word about people's ages--it's cool to find this out about people! >>>Now I have a better idea of who is reading this......we should send out >>>some kind of poll for everyone to fill out which would reveal all sorts >>>of personal information. :-) >> >>actually, we did and it was compiled onto a web page... :) >>are we about due for another, seeing how there's so many new people? >> Yes, we did indeed do that. Back in late '96/early '97, I did a survey and put the results (complete with highly simplified statistical analysis of those results) on a web page. I still haven't taken it down, actually...the URL is http://students.cec.wustl.edu/~wt3/tmbgsurvey.html. I have a feeling that the general demographics are still pretty close...geography may shift a bit, different favorite television shows or whatever, but in general, things are probably pretty much the same. > Actually, I seem to remember us doing another one about a year or so ago > after The Rev came back....but then nothing ever happened with it. And if we > did do another, I wouldn't mind compiling the results....I've had a little > too much time on my hands lately anyways. We didn't actually do another one...I had asked if people would like another one, and I ended up with getting about ten "yes" responses. In a list of about 450 people (again, relying on 1996 estimates), that wasn't enough, in my opinion, to go through the shit involved in making another survey happen. But Mike, if you're interested....go right ahead. I'm curious to see how much things have changed myself. The Rev np: Knapsack--This Conversation is Ending Starting Right Now |~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~| | Reverend Bill Tatalovich | Home page: | | | http://students.cec.wustl.edu/~wt3/ | | wt3@cec.wustl.edu |~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ | personnel@kwur.wustl.edu | | emogeek@hotmail.com | ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #15-4 *****************************