Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #15-8 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 15, Number 8 Monday, 8 February 1999 Today's Topics: Re: very-non-TMBG: Are you feeling old? (was Ages?) Re: Non-TMBG: Fun Question TMBG: that fish game TMBG: TMBG Vs. All Your Favorites Re: very-non-TMBG: Are you feeling old? (was Ages?) TMBG: I'm a mere youth / mp3 players Re: Non TMBG: CATS, and jen's fan club TMBG: Hunt the Wumpus Re: non TMBG: Cats, computers and much, much more NON TMBG: Commodore 64 Re: NON TMBG: Commodore 64 TMBG: Birthdays TMBG: Whatever & Ever Amen Re: non TMBG: computers Re: NON-TMBG: Hunt the Wumpus Re: non TMBG: computers Re: non TMBG: computers Re: non TMBG: computers Re: non TMBG: Cats, computers and much, much more nonTMBG: school colours Re: nonTMBG: school colours Re: nonTMBG: school colours Re: non TMBG: computers Re: nonTMBG: school colours TMBG: Piute Middle School Re: nonTMBG: school colours Re: nonTMBG: school colours Re: nonTMBG: school colours Re: non TMBG: computers Re: nonTMBG: school colours Re: nonTMBG: school colours Re: nonTMBG: school colours Re: non TMBG: computers TMBG: List Survey TMBG: colours, computers, bands, and ben folds for $100, alex Re: nonTMBG: school colours Re: nonTMBG: school colours non-TMBG: School Colors, Mascots, etc Re: non-TMBG: School Colors, Mascots, etc TMBG: Re: Whatever and Ever Amen, school colours, the evils of Ohio... Re: nonTMBG: school colours Re: nonTMBG: school colours Re: nonTMBG: school colours PLEASE STOP TMBG: school colors Re: TMBG: school colors Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Sun, 07 Feb 1999 02:24:31 -0600 From: Bob Scott Message-ID: <36BD4DBF.7CF088B4@tmbg.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: very-non-TMBG: Are you feeling old? (was Ages?) The Quote Pimp wrote: > I abolutely adored my Commodore 64. Anyone remember Summer Games, and > other fine Epyx products? Can anyone hum the "Epyx anthem"? Of course, > the version of Oregon Trail that came with it was incredibly primitive, > but... > > > I did a little bit of BASIC programming when I was young, and I recall > > that TI BASIC was a definite step up from the Apple version (in which it > > was incredibly difficult to get the computer to do anything but say > > "Syntax Error"). > > As a susbcriber to 3-2-1 Contact magazine, I quickly learned how to > program my Commodore and make it do nifty things, like make sprites move > across the screen. All that dreadful poking and peeking... I've often > heard that C64 BASIC was the best version BASIC around, and I'd be > inclined to agree. Wow! I'll bet you read Compute! magazine too. I know I did. And on the topic of favorite Commodore 64 games, I'd have to go with Rastan, Bubble Bobble, Winter Games, and among my very favorites, Racing Destruction Set and Jumpman. Talk about bringing back memories! And it's still sitting in my basement to this day, just as workable as ever! Might have to dig it out with all this talk of the 80's :P Here's a really funny thing: I had a modem with the C64 that was only 300 bps :) And it also had an audio tape-like system that connected to it which held certain communications software among other things. Technology's come a VERY long way. ^_^ bobscott@tmbg.org AKA Bob "And I've forgotten every BASIC command I ever knew" Scott ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 07 Feb 1999 02:32:45 -0600 From: Bob Scott Message-ID: <36BD4FAD.47B616BF@tmbg.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Fun Question Claire V Gray wrote: > Eaters of the Dead was a REALLY good book, I hear tell they're > making a movie out of it, but I don't see how... I didn't mean to insult the book. Michael Crichton is a genius in many senses, though I liked some of his earlier works made into movies (i.e. The Great Train Robbery) better than some of the recent made into movies (i.e. Jurassic Park, Congo). And yes, from what I've heard, Eaters of the Dead is due out this year. And from the one time I saw the book in a for sale bin at my local library, I looked in the front cover, and it said something about it being based on a true story. Most of you probably don't care, or already know all of what I just said, but I figure Michael Crichton is someone respected by many of you (he has something to do with ER? I wouldn't know :) bobscott@tmbg.org AKA Bob "Who actually liked Congo, despite the fact that I just said I didn't. Bruce Campbell's 3 second life-span really adds to it. ^_^" Scott ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 7 Feb 1999 02:34:16 -0600 Subject: TMBG: that fish game Message-ID: <19990207.024737.16270.0.khurby@juno.com> From: mike k poo on oregon trail the ultimate 80s computer game was "odell lake" oh man, you're a trout would you like to A.) chase B.) eat C.) run away deep D.) run away shallow E.) ignore an otter? it was always best to try eating otters otters are silly, silly creatures mike "i only like what's popular" kokoa-bean ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-ID: <36BD63D1.F800FC23@pacificnet.net> Date: Sun, 07 Feb 1999 02:58:49 -0700 From: Gary Subject: TMBG: TMBG Vs. All Your Favorites There's a few bands besides TMBG that many here (and on the ng) rave about. Excluding Mono Puff and any bands that actually opened for TMBG, the most frequently talked about bands seem to be: Barenaked Ladies, Moxy Fruvous, Ben Folds Five, Squirrel Nut Zippers (less so these days), occasionally The Bobs and now recently, Sloan. So what do all of these guys have in common that make them popular with TMBG fans? Well, none of them are very TMBGish. However, they all seem to be somewhat inspired by pre-rock influences (just as John and John have said TMBG is.) At least we can say they don't follow the latest fads in pop music and they don't try to impress us by pretending to be badasses like a lot of current bands. Some would say another thing is they have in common with TMBG is clever lyrics but I would never rank these band's concepts and lyrics anywhere near TMBG's. I bought the CDs of all these bands (except The Bobs) based on listees' recommendations. I listened to most of them a lot, trying hard to like them but I was disappointed in every case except for maybe Moxy Fruvous. I found Moxy Fruvous's "Barginville" used at the bargain price of 99 cents. It was occasionally catchy, goofy (but intentionally so) and sort of fun. Not too bad. More recently I got "You Will Go to the Moon", and I like the direction the boys are going in. They're really getting their act together. They do their style of music pretty well now. BNL seem like a really nice bunch of guys but their music is EXTREMELY middle-of-the-road (in a Jimmy Buffet kind of way.) If I had to recommend one of these bands to someone it would be MF but try to find it USED if you can. -B O N G O ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Sun, 7 Feb 1999 04:22:51 -0800 From: "Courtney L. Patubo" Subject: Re: very-non-TMBG: Are you feeling old? (was Ages?) Wow, is it reminiscing time? :) I remember my Commodore 64 with that nifty little light pen... Playing 'Lemonade' on the school's AppleIIc's! Writing my first BASIC programs on both the C64 and IIe's... The way-cool 8-track player in my dad's car, that I vowed I would have when I was 16... My sister's 'Shazbot' decal t-shirt that I coveted... The "Where's the Beef" lady influencing my choice of fast food... Wearing out my 'Thriller' and Duran Duran records... Wearing pink leg warmers with my drab school uniform... Playing 'Pong' for the first time on my Atari... Then the Intellivision, playing 'Burgertime'! Ah, memories. I just wanted to share my special moments. ;) C o u r t n e y L . P a t u b o toonie@tmbg.org * cpatubo@sirius.com http://www.sirius.com/~cpatubo ICQ #3762743 ------------------------------ Message-Id: <36BDE679.8CA1A5F6@mail.hcc.cc.fl.us> Date: Sun, 07 Feb 1999 11:16:09 -0800 From: Bert Rubini Organization: no, thank you Subject: TMBG: I'm a mere youth / mp3 players Marc wrote: >Apparently, though, Russ Bert and Bob at least have beaten me to the title of >Oldest. I'm 38. Actually, I wrote that I was the oldest before everyone had responded. At the time I wrote that, all of the responses had been in the 14 - 21 range, but now I'll fess up, I'm a very youthful and spry 35. What's that? Speak up, sonny. >5) John Linnell might release State Songs on Rounder Records. Does >this >include new songs? I didn't ask. :( I heard there was a song on the CD about a girl named Karen that keeps calling his parents house, asking where they keep their toothbrushes. This is just a rumor, now. >Ummm... I need an exact URL for finding a FREE mp3 player. I've been >really frustrated with Real Audio for never playing any file after the >first second, and am hoping that MP3's will treat me better :} > >Mysterio Gal far and away the most popular mp3 player is WinAmp, go to www.winamp.com. But you might want to try Music Match Jukebox, which also allows you to RECORD mp3's directly from your CD-ROM drive. (affectionately known as "ripping"). I now have a collection of tons of my favorite songs on mp3, which I trade with people all over the internet. I post this to the list, just in case anyone is interested in trading mp3's. e-mail me privately if you want to trade. This is a cool way to trade music, much better than trading tapes. You can also burn mp3 to CD-R audio if you want a permanent copy that you can play on a stereo. BTW, the demo version of Music Match only allows you to rip 5 songs, but there is an EASY way around this, let me know if you need the crack. You can get the MM Jukebox at: http://www.musicmatch.com/ bert np: Huffamoose, "We've been had again" -- My homepage - slightly more interesting than watching grass grow: http://www.hcc.cc.fl.us/services/faculty/bertrubini/home.htm ------------------------------ From: RabbiVole@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Sun, 7 Feb 1999 11:28:35 EST Subject: Re: Non TMBG: CATS, and jen's fan club In a message dated 99-02-07 03:53:23 EST, gray42@juno.com writes: << Loved the music and lyrics so much that I recently got the soundtrack, subliminal obssession with Mr. Mestofelees (the magic cat) >> the greatest magicians have something to learn from mr. mistoffolees' conjuring turn--presto! and we all say .. er, well. i harbor a secret obsession with the original london cast recording of cats, and make it a habit of putting it in and singing along every few days--it's to the point where i've darned near got the whole thing memorized. mr. mistoffolees is my hero ... hooray! oh, yes: as founding member of jen's fan club, i'd like to know if the smurfs hanging by grape vines from my straw hat mean business, or if they're only there to annoy my cat into making sunday dinner. i hope not, 'cause then i'll have to eat cat food, and last time i did that i was meowing for weeks, and that wouldn't be good for jen's hostile takeover of the western wor--er, yeah.. can't keep my mouth closed.. peace, love, and good happiness stuff, jay. ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 7 Feb 1999 12:36:39 -0500 (EST) From: "Jason A. Glastetter" Subject: TMBG: Hunt the Wumpus Message-ID: Hunt the Wumpus was, perhaps, one of the best games ever made. Especially because of the fact you play it in, what was it, about 6? different languages? I always loved "Wumpus Jagd" or something. Anyway, this is TMBG content, because if anyone is familiar with Hunt the Wumpus & knows how to use Klik & Play (I can't find a registered version to steal), it would be cool to make a TMBGGAME out of that idea, maybe "Hunt the Dans." Where you are John you have to go about hunting members of your band for that night's gig & you (of course) want to find someone named Dan. The swamp pits could be Elektra Entertainment & those darn bats....well, I don't know...I just thought it was a cool idea... --jason "Feet first" glastetter ==================================================================== http://www.poingly.com - - Home of the infamous Poingly online game! http://www.mp3.com/poingly - - Purchase those darn Poingly CDs here! ==================================================================== ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 7 Feb 1999 12:53:37 -0500 Subject: Re: non TMBG: Cats, computers and much, much more Message-ID: <19990207.125341.11718.0.hotel_detective@juno.com> From: e f rae yeesh. did everyone have their own computer? i never had one until 1994, when my family got the Packard Bell that i'm still using (unless you can count a Speak And Spell as a computer). i only got to play Oregon Trail and Odell's Lake at school, in sixth grade, during inside recess. i believe it was on a Texas Instruments machine... come to think of it, i didn't have a microwave or an answering machine either until i moved to Ohio when i was eight. i don't know how many channels my tv had, nor did i care, as long as we had Disney - i loved Muppets. "Manamana! do doo do do do... Manamana! do do do do..." >>oh man, you're a trout would you like to A.) chase B.) eat C.) run away deep D.) run away shallow E.) ignore an otter? yes! i remember we would always try to eat or chase the things you could never beat. and with the always trying to kill off the Oregon Trail team... i think children are Very Brutal at that age, it seems. what kid didn't love to turn to someone they're playing the game with and yell, "YOU DIED!" and laugh hysterically? the Cats live show is better, because the video puts in various Cheesy Special Effects, and that just dumbs it down. i do remember though, that Old Deuteronomy seems like The Godfather of Cats. he was big and fat, and all the other cats would kiss his paws. oh, well, i never; was there ever a cat So Clever as Magical Mr. Mestofolees? personally, i'm more of a Renthead. speaking of musicals, has anyone seen Anything Goes? because my school is doing it for our play, and i'm on the chorus, and i've been going to practices over a month now, and i have no idea what it's about except that it takes place on A Boat. i would love it if someone could shed some light on this. ever-sincere, eriKa, who may never fully understand the Underlying Humor in South Park shirts depicting "The Many Deaths of Kenny" - you bastards! ha-ha-ha. he said "bastard." it doesn't get a whole lot funnier than that. "If you love enough, you'll lie a lot." - Tori Amos ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-ID: <001d01be52c4$83aa5b40$5a228a81@rcn.nmt.edu> From: "Refund" Subject: NON TMBG: Commodore 64 Date: Sun, 7 Feb 1999 11:05:57 -0700 See, I wasn't cool enough to own a C64. I had a TI-99, and an 8088. Well, the 8088 actually had two different computers in it. The IBM, and a Sanyo something or other. Anyway, a friend of mine had a Commodore, so my brother and I used to go to his house. So, according to me, Ambassador to the Land of Enchantment, the best games ever for the C64 were the following: Blue Max (Kick ass WWI airplane fighting game) Elite (Kick ass space fighting game) Juice (Strange game where you had to step on a bunch of squares in a specific order) Signed, Nick Wolf, TMBG Ambassador to the state of New Mexico, the Land of Enchantment. The effect? I'll tell you what the effect is! It's pissing me off! Ghostbusters, the Movie. P.S. Visit www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Amphitheatre/5550/ The first Julie Plug tribute page in HISTORY!!! :0) ------------------------------ Message-ID: <001001be52c5$9e697960$d0b3a4c1@squid> From: "Uncle Squid" Subject: Re: NON TMBG: Commodore 64 Date: Sun, 7 Feb 1999 18:13:39 -0000 >the best games ever for the C64 were the following: >Blue Max (Kick ass WWI airplane fighting game) I used to LOVE that game on my various C64's. I also loved The original Barbarian game and the Real Ghostbusters game. They really rocked. Lopping your opponent's head off in Barbarian and seeing the little monster kick it off the screen was THE most satisfying thing... EVER! -- Uncle Squid: Looking through Colin Ellesley's eyes. Carter USM fan chat: http://members.xoom.com/_out_there_/carter_usm/ ICQ: 12605535 ------------------------------ Message-ID: <006201be52c6$cfdb2380$d0b3a4c1@squid> From: "Uncle Squid" Subject: TMBG: Birthdays Date: Sun, 7 Feb 1999 18:22:16 -0000 As a point of reference, the Human body of Colin Ellesley of which I inhabit was born on the 7th of August 1980 in Colchester - Essex - UK. The symbiant feared by the worthless that Satan named Uncle Squid was born in early 1996 and grows stronger with every passing moment. -- Uncle Squid: Looking through Colin Ellesley's eyes. Carter USM fan chat: http://members.xoom.com/_out_there_/carter_usm/ ICQ: 12605535 [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] ------------------------------ From: cambot@juno.com Date: Sun, 7 Feb 1999 13:40:00 -0500 Subject: TMBG: Whatever & Ever Amen Message-ID: <19990207.134805.-254207.2.Cambot@juno.com> >Well, I'm a big BFF fan, and my personal favorite album is their first, >self-titled album (and one of my favorite CDs I own). It has great songs >like "Philosophy" and "Boxing" (an absolute masterpiece). Their second >album is probably a little more sophisticated, and has such radio favorites >as "Brick" and "Whatever and Ever Amen." So, either one is an excellent >choice I'd say. Huh. I have the second album & there's no track listed as Whatever & Ever Amen. Could we be upon another hidden track perhaps? Heh, heh. Just a little good natured ribbing. I believe you were talking about Battle of Who Could Care Less, right? I, myself, favor Whatever & Ever Amen to the self-titled album, seeing as I got it before the first one & how it usually stays in my CD player for long extents of time. If you choose to get WEAEA first, see if you can find a copy of the original printing with the talking inbetween tracks & the hidden track at the end (most likely, it will be used). They stopped making these back in October '97 when Brick was released as a single. If you can't, there's not too much to miss. The hidden track is a guy saying "Ben Folds is a fuckin' asshole, man!!!". It's just pretty damn cool to own an early copy before they got big. Cheers Steve! BTW, the new BFF album is due April 27. ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: PULPSTRESS@aol.com Message-ID: <256549f2.36bde144@aol.com> Date: Sun, 7 Feb 1999 13:53:56 EST Subject: Re: non TMBG: computers In a message dated 99-02-07 12:54:38 EST, hotel_detective@juno.com writes: << come to think of it, i didn't have a microwave or an answering machine either until i moved to Ohio when i was eight. i don't know how many channels my tv had, nor did i care, as long as we had Disney >> We got our first microwave when I was 8, as well. Of course, that was 1983. Didn't get an answering machine until a couple of years ago--mom always figured that if we weren't home when someone called and it was important enough they'd call back. She still doesn't have call waiting because of that (I have cw, but I don't live at home anymore and it was free, so why not?). We were one of the first family's in our area to get cable tv - in about 1984 - and I think that's when we finally got rid of our big clunky 13 channel tv set (it was a floor unit - huge, like a dresser) nathan: >Our first computer was a Texas Instruments 99-4A. We had quite a few >games for it, too. Anyone else ever play "Hunt the Wumpus"? Now, that >was a great game. There was also an RPG-type game called "Tunnels of >Doom," Tunnels of Doom!!!! That's the name of that game!!! I couldn't for the life of me remember what it was called! I loved playing that and was devastated when we got a computer we couldn't play that on. Ermm..just to double check, though, that's the one where you got to chose your character and pick from different attributes like charisma, strength, etc.. right? There's another game I'd play for hours - it was a cops & robbers game--you had a maze to go through and the object was to get the money from the safe without the cops getting you. And another game where you were a unicyclist and had to shoot multi-coloured (red, blue, green and yellow) balloons out of the sky. >I'm not sure about the Commodore computers, but the TI was fast because >it used cartridges instead of floppy disks. Hmm..I don't remember ever having the cartridge hookup - we'd always had cassettes (we couldn't afford all the extras at the time) > That meant that you didn't >have to stare at those stupid Apple "Please wait..." screens for hours >on end, but it also meant that you couldn't save data, unless you used >cassette tapes (and it was rarely worth the bother). > >I did a little bit of BASIC programming when I was young, and I recall >that TI BASIC was a definite step up from the Apple version (in which it >was incredibly difficult to get the computer to do anything but say >"Syntax Error") That syntax error used to piss me off to no end. And it was accompanied by that horrid "BEEEEEP" which just made it even worse! jennifer ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990207192815.25196.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Hunt the Wumpus Date: Sun, 07 Feb 1999 11:28:15 PST Jason A. Glastetter wrote: >Hunt the Wumpus was, perhaps, one of the best games ever made. >Especially >because of the fact you play it in, what was it, about 6? different >languages? I always loved "Wumpus Jagd" or something. The version that I had let you play in three languages: English, French, and German. I believe that the French version was called "Chasse au Wumpus," or something like that. -- May you live in interesting times, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990207193246.11760.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: non TMBG: computers Date: Sun, 07 Feb 1999 11:32:46 PST Jennifer Pulpstress wrote: >Tunnels of Doom!!!! That's the name of that game!!! I couldn't for >the life of >me remember what it was called! I loved playing that and was >devastated when >we got a computer we couldn't play that on. Ermm..just to double >check, >though, that's the one where you got to chose your character and pick >from >different attributes like charisma, strength, etc.. right? I believe that there were four character classes from which to choose. The Fighter was good at fighting (duh), the Rogue was resistant to traps on treasure chests, the Wizard could use spell scrolls, and the Hero had all of these attributes (but could only be used if you had only one character). I don't remember being able to pick charisma or strength, but I believe that there were some additional "quest packs" or whatever. -- May you live in interesting times, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: PULPSTRESS@aol.com Message-ID: <483cc5fe.36bdec55@aol.com> Date: Sun, 7 Feb 1999 14:41:09 EST Subject: Re: non TMBG: computers In a message dated 99-02-07 14:34:08 EST, xornom@hotmail.com writes: << Jennifer Pulpstress wrote: >Tunnels of Doom!!!! That's the name of that game!!! I couldn't for >the life of >me remember what it was called! I loved playing that and was >devastated when >we got a computer we couldn't play that on. Ermm..just to double >check, >though, that's the one where you got to chose your character and pick >from >different attributes like charisma, strength, etc.. right? I believe that there were four character classes from which to choose. The Fighter was good at fighting (duh), the Rogue was resistant to traps on treasure chests, the Wizard could use spell scrolls, and the Hero ha >> Hmm..maybe I'm thinking of a different game then. This one you were put in a tunnel like thing and the object was to kill the various monsters you came across and to get the different treasures. There were these inns you could go in to regain strenght by turning in your coins and whatnot. Or I might've explained the attributes thing kind of wrong...each character had different attributes and you had to pick a # for each one, which would determine how much of that particular thing your character had; the higher the numbers the better your chances were to kill the various monsters and foes. You could be invisible--if you found the potion..you could levitate yourself to get past monsters...etc etc..... jennifer ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 07 Feb 1999 13:59:57 -0600 From: Bob Scott Message-ID: <36BDF0BD.5416CBA3@tmbg.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: non TMBG: computers PULPSTRESS@aol.com wrote: > In a message dated 99-02-07 14:34:08 EST, xornom@hotmail.com writes: > > << > Jennifer Pulpstress wrote: > >Tunnels of Doom!!!! That's the name of that game!!! I couldn't for >the > life of > >me remember what it was called! I loved playing that and was > >devastated when > >we got a computer we couldn't play that on. Ermm..just to double > >check, > >though, that's the one where you got to chose your character and pick > >from > >different attributes like charisma, strength, etc.. right? > > I believe that there were four character classes from which to choose. > The Fighter was good at fighting (duh), the Rogue was resistant to traps > on treasure chests, the Wizard could use spell scrolls, and the Hero ha >> > > Hmm..maybe I'm thinking of a different game then. This one you were put in a > tunnel like thing and the object was to kill the various monsters you came > across and to get the different treasures. There were these inns you could go > in to regain strenght by turning in your coins and whatnot. Or I might've > explained the attributes thing kind of wrong...each character had different > attributes and you had to pick a # for each one, which would determine how > much of that particular thing your character had; the higher the numbers the > better your chances were to kill the various monsters and foes. You could be > invisible--if you found the potion..you could levitate yourself to get past > monsters...etc etc..... Could you be thinking of Ultima? I know it was among my favorite older games (better than Zork, since it actually had graphics). Everything in that description sounds Ultima-like, though I don't recall the invisibility. Of course, there have always been so many computer rpg's out there, this guessing game could go on for months :) bobscott@tmbg.org AKA Bob "Why do I always have to be the elf?" Scott http://members.theglobe.com/bobscott/default.html ------------------------------ From: linnel@snet.net Message-Id: <199902072110.QAA23879@pop.snet.net> Date: Sun, 7 Feb 1999 16:05:50 -0500 Subject: Re: non TMBG: Cats, computers and much, much more [Unknown MIME type or encoding (text/enriched), contents not processed] ------------------------------ From: PULPSTRESS@aol.com Message-ID: <8c1b9259.36be02d5@aol.com> Date: Sun, 7 Feb 1999 16:17:09 EST Subject: nonTMBG: school colours In a message dated 99-02-07 16:11:04 EST, linnel@snet.net writes: << and sheesh... our school colors are BLUE and GREY... >> Ok.. my school colours also were blue and gray and I know someone in Illinois who's school's colours were also blue and gray. This makes me wonder what the most popular school colours are. So...what were/are everyone's school colours? Give all that are/were applicable - high school, jr high, college, whatever....... Here were mine: Jr high - maroon and gray High school - blue and gray I don't think my elementary/grammar school had colours. jennifer ------------------------------ Message-ID: <36BE0321.CFDFD219@cnr.edu> Date: Sun, 07 Feb 1999 16:18:25 -0500 From: "Sarah Starr" Subject: Re: nonTMBG: school colours . So...what were/are everyone's school colours? > Give all that are/were applicable - high school, jr high, college, > whatever....... Middle School--blue and gold (the Vogel Vikings....hee hee) High School--maroon and white (the Red Raiders....man, we shoulda had a lawsuit) College--blue and white (the Blue Angels....Division 3, we suck) sarah faye ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 7 Feb 1999 16:15:46 -0500 (EST) From: Mindy Howie Subject: Re: nonTMBG: school colours Message-ID: Mine were purple & gold all through school...college is green & white, but we have class colors, too (blue, red, gold & purple). --M __________________________________ {\ *** /} {{\ _ /}} Mindy S. Howie {{{\(_)/}}} English/Secondary Ed. {{{(_j_)}}} Russell Sage College {{{/ \}}} {/ \} howiem@sage.edu / \ mhowie01@yahoo.com (_______) ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990207213022.16664.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: non TMBG: computers Date: Sun, 07 Feb 1999 13:30:20 PST Jennifer Pulpstress wrote: >Hmm..maybe I'm thinking of a different game then. This one you were >put in a >tunnel like thing and the object was to kill the various monsters you >came >across and to get the different treasures. There were these inns you >could go >in to regain strenght by turning in your coins and whatnot. Or I >might've >explained the attributes thing kind of wrong...each character had >different >attributes and you had to pick a # for each one, which would >determine how >much of that particular thing your character had; the higher the >numbers the >better your chances were to kill the various monsters and foes. You probably are thinking of a different game. "Tunnels of Doom" had monster slaying and treasure collecting, but no inns or number selection system for attributes. Maybe you're thinking of Ultima, like Bob suggested, but I don't think that was available for the TI. -- May you live in interesting times, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990207213352.3542.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: nonTMBG: school colours Date: Sun, 07 Feb 1999 13:33:51 PST Jennifer Pulpstress wrote: >In a message dated 99-02-07 16:11:04 EST, linnel@snet.net writes: > ><< and sheesh... our > school colors are BLUE and GREY... >> > >Ok.. my school colours also were blue and gray and I know someone in >Illinois >who's school's colours were also blue and gray. This makes me wonder >what the >most popular school colours are. So...what were/are everyone's school >colours? >Give all that are/were applicable - high school, jr high, college, >whatever....... > >Here were mine: >Jr high - maroon and gray >High school - blue and gray > >I don't think my elementary/grammar school had colours. Junior High-Blue and white High School-Blue and gold (I think these might have been the colours for my elementary school, too.) College-Slate grey and some reddish colour that doesn't go with it (maroon or mauve or something) -- May you live in interesting times, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: GhostKrabb@webtv.net (Dexter Flansburgh) Date: Sun, 7 Feb 1999 13:34:30 -0800 (PST) Subject: TMBG: Piute Middle School Message-ID: <16836-36BE06E6-359@mailtod-241.iap.bryant.webtv.net> --WebTV-Mail-1383430155-193 Content-Type: Text/Plain; Charset=US-ASCII Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7Bit My elementary school colors were gold & blue, and my middle school (jr. high) which is were I'm currenly at, features the colors white & blue. That's the Piute Warriors. Check us out! I sent our webpage (below). And the reason I'm plugging it is because we're a little school in a little and very boring town. So we need more exposure. And if any of you are interested, there's a picture of me there. I'm in the Theatre Arts class at my school, and we recently put on a production siply titled "The Medeival Feaste" in which I play the king of England. So go to the Medieval Feaste link on the page, then it will give you options of different pictures that you can look at. Choose the one that says Village Players on it, then look for the thumbnail that shows most of the main cast (it'll have the most people on it).There should be a guy on there wearing a crown. That's me! Thanks, Dexburger --WebTV-Mail-1383430155-193 X-URL-Title: Piute Middle School Content-Disposition: Inline Content-Type: Text/Plain; Charset=US-ASCII Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7Bit http://207.155.36.66/ --WebTV-Mail-1383430155-193-- ------------------------------ Message-Id: <36BE08C2.FFC3E5AD@tc.umn.edu> Date: Sun, 07 Feb 1999 15:42:27 -0600 From: Laura Miller Subject: Re: nonTMBG: school colours my high school colors: brown and gold. ick! well i suppose my school wanted to be different middle school: green and gold college: it was purple and white then they switched to navy blue and white, never figured out why,. laura PULPSTRESS@aol.com wrote: > In a message dated 99-02-07 16:11:04 EST, linnel@snet.net writes: > > << and sheesh... our > school colors are BLUE and GREY... >> > > Ok.. my school colours also were blue and gray and I know someone in Illinois > who's school's colours were also blue and gray. This makes me wonder what the > most popular school colours are. So...what were/are everyone's school colours? > Give all that are/were applicable - high school, jr high, college, > whatever....... > > Here were mine: > Jr high - maroon and gray > High school - blue and gray > > I don't think my elementary/grammar school had colours. > > jennifer ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.3.32.19990207164347.0096f968@goshen.edu> Date: Sun, 07 Feb 1999 16:43:47 -0500 From: "Amanda Heggen" Subject: Re: nonTMBG: school colours Even though this is a pointless subject... Elementary school ~ navy and gold (mascot ~ the Bandelier Bandabears [??}) Middle School ~ Red & White (Jefferson Jets, not to creative) 1st high school ~ Red and Black (I thought these colors were funny since the school was a stick up the butt christian school) I think the mascot was an eagle, but I don't remember since I've successfully blocked that school from my memory... 2nd high school ~ Light Blue and Maroon (The Sundevils, our mascot picture was actually scary)(a nice change from my 9th grade school) College ~ Purple and White. Our mascot is the Maple Leaf, pretty threatening, eh? ~Amanda At 04:17 PM 2/7/99 EST, you wrote: >In a message dated 99-02-07 16:11:04 EST, linnel@snet.net writes: > ><< and sheesh... our > school colors are BLUE and GREY... >> > >Ok.. my school colours also were blue and gray and I know someone in Illinois >who's school's colours were also blue and gray. This makes me wonder what the >most popular school colours are. So...what were/are everyone's school colours? >Give all that are/were applicable - high school, jr high, college, >whatever....... > >Here were mine: >Jr high - maroon and gray >High school - blue and gray > >I don't think my elementary/grammar school had colours. > > > jennifer > ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.3.32.19990207164634.006a223c@goshen.edu> Date: Sun, 07 Feb 1999 16:46:34 -0500 From: "Amanda Heggen" Subject: Re: nonTMBG: school colours It looks like all of the elementary schools mentioned so far (including mine) were blue and gold (yellow). I wonder if we all stemmed from the same place! Did you all go to Bandelier, too? ~Amanda ------------------------------ From: PULPSTRESS@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Sun, 7 Feb 1999 16:52:54 EST Subject: Re: non TMBG: computers In a message dated 99-02-07 16:31:30 EST, xornom@hotmail.com writes: << tmbg-list@tmbg.org Jennifer Pulpstress wrote: >Hmm..maybe I'm thinking of a different game then. This one you were >put in a >tunnel like thing and the object was to kill the various monsters you >came >across and to get the different treasures. There were these inns you >could go >in to regain strenght by turning in your coins and whatnot. > You probably are thinking of a different game. "Tunnels of Doom" had > monster slaying and treasure collecting, but no inns or number selection > system for attributes. Maybe you're thinking of Ultima, like Bob > suggested, but I don't think that was available for the TI. Ultima really doesn't sound familiar, but I'm not discounting it (I'd ask my dad, but he wouldn't know, he rarely played it). It might not've been a TI game, but it was definitely a Commodore game - and it used a cassette tape, not a floppy (although I think later versions did have floppys, as they became more popular than tapes). The box was red and I think it had a dragon on it. jennifer ------------------------------ From: RabbiVole@aol.com Message-ID: <42859aaf.36be0f77@aol.com> Date: Sun, 7 Feb 1999 17:11:03 EST Subject: Re: nonTMBG: school colours In a message dated 99-02-07 16:48:01 EST, amandah@goshen.edu writes: << It looks like all of the elementary schools mentioned so far (including mine) were blue and gold (yellow). >> i must admit that my elementary school's colors too were blue and gold--we were the yealey yealians, if i can recall, though i'd have been loathe to pick up any sport. those of my middle school were maroon and grey, and, of my high school, blue and grey--the boone county rebels, we were, which is truly a kentucky name. the mascot was a little moustached guy dressed in suspicious grey clothing and a rifle; i'm surprised no lawsuit arose from that. heh. if i see another huge ford truck with a confederate flag bumper sticker, i'm going to smash it to pieces with any handy blunt object. sometimes i'm glad to be so close to ohio .. boo for bluegrass! hooray for ohio! right, erika? ;) piece, love, and good happiness stuff, jay. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990207221209.11579.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: nonTMBG: school colours Date: Sun, 07 Feb 1999 14:12:09 PST Amanda Heggen wrote: >It looks like all of the elementary schools mentioned so far >(including >mine) were blue and gold (yellow). I wonder if we all stemmed from >the >same place! Did you all go to Bandelier, too? Well, my elementary school colours were blue and gold (if they were anything; I can't recall exactly), but I attended East Ward Elementary School in Downingtown, Pennsylvania. -- May you live in interesting times, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: Alterian@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Sun, 7 Feb 1999 17:14:12 EST Subject: Re: nonTMBG: school colours Our school is very patriotic..our main color is red, then white, then blue. We're the red raiders. I wish we could be something cool like the rabid pirates, or the psycho bunnies..but no one listens to me! -Amber the Transcendent ------------------------------ From: RabbiVole@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Sun, 7 Feb 1999 17:19:42 EST Subject: Re: non TMBG: computers In a message dated 99-02-07 16:55:56 EST, PULPSTRESS@aol.com writes: << Ultima really doesn't sound familiar, but I'm not discounting it (I'd ask my dad, but he wouldn't know, he rarely played it). It might not've been a TI game, but it was definitely a Commodore game - and it used a cassette tape, not a floppy (although I think later versions did have floppys, as they became more popular than tapes). The box was red and I think it had a dragon on it. >> my brother ernie would know, but unfortunately.. er, he passed away a few years ago. he was heavily into role playing, computers, and basic programming when he was my age, and was an avid commodore user for several years. we've still got his in the garage, if my parents didn't give it to one of his friends .. i remember being eleven and wanting to get a modem for it, until he explained that i unfortunately was stuck in the past of computers. ;) at twelve we bought our first computer, which is, consequently, the one i still use. a 486dx2 with a single-speed cd-rom drive (now quad, blah), a 1200 baud modem (now 14.4, blah), and a pro-audio spectrum sound card, it was the ultimate pinnacle of technology. unfortunately, it is now a piece of shit which is in dire need of replacing. ;) i remember oregon trail, but little else from those old middle school apple IIs. i never was malevolent enough at that age to name the passengers after my enemies; in fact, i ironically always named them after family members. watching them die so often perhaps instilled in me some of the mental defects that i now am privy to. i never got to oregon, unfortunately .. oh, well. oregon IS bad .. stop it if you can ... peace, love, and good happiness stuff, jay, if not the man of the hour then the man of the second that you skim over the subject line and delete this email ------------------------------ Message-ID: <000001be52e6$0f0e3e60$2dbd9cce@mike> From: Mike Blaser Subject: TMBG: List Survey Date: Sun, 7 Feb 1999 16:00:47 -0500 I'm posting this again in case some people missed it the first time. I only have about 45 responses so far. Considering there were 118 on the first survey, that kinda, well, sucks. Either there's a lot less people on the list now, or a lot of people are too lazy to do it. C'mon, it only takes a minute to fill out. Everybody else is doing it...don't you wanna be cool like them? And remember, reply to mblaser@cannet.com, not to the list. 1. What state are you from? Or, if you live outside the US, what country? 2. How old are you? 3. Your occupation? (or if you're a student, put student) 4. Favorite band? 5. Favorite author? 6. Favorite TV show? 7. Favorite movie? 8. Favorite TMBG album? 9. Favorite TMBG song? 10. Favorite comic strip? ------------------------------ From: LimeZinger@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Sun, 7 Feb 1999 17:50:28 EST Subject: TMBG: colours, computers, bands, and ben folds for $100, alex In a message dated 2/7/99 4:18:18 PM, PULPSTRESS@aol.com writes: >High school - blue and gray elementary - blue and white? middle school - yellow and white (yuck! ... then they built a middle school attatched to the high school and everyone from this school moved over to the new one...) new middle school - maroon and white (just like the..) high school - maroon and white In a message dated 2/7/99 4:02:01 AM, Alterian@AOL.COM writes: >Yeah! I remember I use to have a Commodore! My dad got frustrated with >it and >threw it across the room. (he's an electrical engineer which makes it more >funny) haha... so's mine.. does yours work at kodak too? ;) >I had this neat game called Ranch and this one where I got to make >different faces and this thing with the Muppets. the faces one! my friends had that! i loved that thing.. hey, remember when the F# key's meant something? F1 F2 F3.. and i remember all that .. PEAK POKE stuff too.. i could make it so that the monitor's colours would flash different colours. i was proud. i was easily entertained. >at twelve we bought our first computer, we bought our first mac then. :) >it was the ultimate pinnacle of technology. unfortunately, it is now a piece of shit >which is in dire need of replacing. ;) LOL so became ours... until we got a brand new shiny g3 in august or september.. of course, NOW they come out with the pretty blue ones that match the iMac. :P > There's a few bands besides TMBG that many here (and on the ng) rave >about. Excluding >Mono Puff and any bands that actually opened for TMBG, the most frequently >talked about >bands seem to be: Barenaked Ladies, Moxy Fruvous, Ben Folds Five, Squirrel >Nut Zippers >(less so these days), occasionally The Bobs and now recently, Sloan. *snip* If I had to recommend one of these bands to someone it would be MF >but try to find >it USED if you can. hey hey hey. that's not nice. i thought you were going somewhere positive with that. in sloan's defense... each of their albums are drastically different.. kinda like the difference bewteen john henry and the pink album..although more so between "smeared" and "one chord to another". people who like sonic youth (me!) should like smeared. people who like beatlesey songs should like OCTA. umm. the same theory could be applied to other bands, i'm just using sloan as an example because they are now my favourite band, am in that defensiveness, i'm .. "all up in that".. :) and yeah.. your mama! ;) (hey, weren't you the one i got the first ben folds cd from?) > If you choose to >get WEAEA first, see if you can find a copy of the original printing with >the talking inbetween tracks & the hidden track at the end (most likely, >it will be used). They stopped making these back in October '97 when >Brick was released as a single. If you can't, there's not too much to >miss. The hidden track is a guy saying "Ben Folds is a fuckin' asshole, >man!!!". It's just pretty damn cool to own an early copy before they got >big. woo hoo! i have an original print! ;) i was kinda indifferent to BF5 till i heard BOWCCL, and i found myself singing that song and it totally relaxed me (stop laughing! ) ... sarah, who's done now np. the orb: "toxygene" ------------------------------ From: EmarZero@aol.com Message-ID: <96013b2a.36be1ae1@aol.com> Date: Sun, 7 Feb 1999 17:59:45 EST Subject: Re: nonTMBG: school colours Bah. Elementary School: I don't remember, I think it was Maroon and white... we were the Harmony-Leland Hornets, or something... Middle School: Blue and gold, Monroe County Middle Eagles. High School: Black and Gold, MPHS Bulldogs. (I hated high school, may it hang forever.) College: Delightfully tacky, waffle-house-like Orange and Black, Mercer U. Bears. Wo hah. ------------------------------ From: linnel@snet.net Message-Id: <199902072335.SAA29126@pop.snet.net> Date: Sun, 7 Feb 1999 18:30:49 -0500 Subject: Re: nonTMBG: school colours [Unknown MIME type or encoding (text/enriched), contents not processed] ------------------------------ Message-ID: <001301be52f6$3bbe1ce0$0ea308d0@orion> From: "Kelly Mendenhall" Subject: non-TMBG: School Colors, Mascots, etc Date: Sun, 7 Feb 1999 16:01:51 -0800 Elementary School: Ummm....I don't think my elementary school had any colors...or maybe the world was black and white then...I don't remember but we were the Viklets (for little vikings eh..ah ha) I think the colors may have been red and gold. The other elementary school I went to didn't have any sort of colors. Middle School: BMS Bulldogs...Blue and White High School: BHS Knights...Blue and Gold...heh I saw someone else comment about band uniforms...ours were navy blue and thick wool designed to sorta look like a navy type uniform...we even had the officer hats. These were not sly and won us like no awards whatsoever...at least by the time I got to wear em they weren't very sly. Kelly First time caller long time listener Better known to those on IRC as MrHorrible [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] ------------------------------ From: WeepDay@aol.com Message-ID: <2a0e54c.36be2c53@aol.com> Date: Sun, 7 Feb 1999 19:14:11 EST Subject: Re: non-TMBG: School Colors, Mascots, etc Elementary: ???? I can't remember if we even had colors Middle School: Orange and white. The Hubbard Huskies High School: Red and White. The Red Raiders Junior College: Blue and Gold. The Apaches Athena~ ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 7 Feb 1999 19:22:19 -0500 Subject: TMBG: Re: Whatever and Ever Amen, school colours, the evils of Ohio... Message-ID: <19990207.192231.9406.2.hotel_detective@juno.com> From: e f rae >>The hidden track is a guy saying "Ben Folds is a fuckin' asshole, man!!!". It's just pretty damn cool to own an early copy before they got big. that's the best thing! Darren vents to an audience. hooray! i actually found a while ago, a BF5 import double-cd concert album from Japan called "Domo! Ben-Chan Desu!" with "Song for the Dumped" in Japanese (titled "Kane-Kaese" which, i'm guessing, translates roughly to "gimmie my money back"), and onstage banter between Mrs. Kate Folds manning the lights (although she is now the Former Mrs. Kate Folds). i's faan-tastic! my Pennsylvania elementary school colors were blue and silver (i think - it's been a while) and then in Ohio, my elementary, middle and high school colors are all the same - red, black and white. our mascot is the Tusky Valley Trojan, who, in all pictures is meant to look, i don't know, Threatening or Concentrated or something, but he usually looks rather Constipated. in elementary school it was the Bolivar Elementary Bulldogs, although i don't think we even had any team sports. >>heh. if i see another huge ford truck with a confederate flag bumper sticker, i'm going to smash it to pieces with any handy blunt object. sometimes i'm glad to be so close to ohio .. boo for bluegrass! hooray for ohio! right, erika? ;) oh, come now Jay. we've got the Huge Ford Trucks, the only reason the folks of Ohio don't have those Confederate flag stickers is because we're technically not part of the South (although some have them anyway - they try so hard), and because Ohio likes to believe it's slightly more sophisticated than Kentucky and West Virgina - the state's ego as a whole is kept in check by Indiana, Pennsylvania and Michigan, or else it'd probably try to take over the whole NorthWest. "get that bitch off somebody..." ever-sincere, eriKa, who will be eagerly awaiting the store release of "Hunt the Dans," although she won't be able to get it for a while, beings that a Hotel Detective who doesn't even work at hotels doesn't get paid much "I always wanted to be somebody, but I should have been more specific." - Lily Tomlin ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: Cow7451@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Sun, 7 Feb 1999 20:54:10 EST Subject: Re: nonTMBG: school colours hey y'all my school colors have been blue and white my entire pathetic career at Villa Maria Lower and then Villa Maria Academy high school ... and it's not even a nice blue - it's like a royal blue ... ick. Up 'til eighth grade we were the Wildcats, and now the high school is the Hurricanes. And of course we don't have an actual mascot b/c a hurricane suit is sorta hard to design. They're hard to draw too, so the athletic association just scribbles tornado-lookin' things on flyers and such. Pretty sad, eh? Such is the life of the private high school student ... i like to blame it on the nuns. Cheerio, Alex ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 7 Feb 1999 20:52:49 -0500 (EST) From: Mindy Howie Subject: Re: nonTMBG: school colours Message-ID: You people all have so many colors...our school district only had (has) the two colors, purple & gold, for all 5 schools. BTW, we were the Scotties (scottie dogs, how threatening is that?). Now, I have the green-&-white Gators (at least that's a bit scarier). -M __________________________________ {\ *** /} {{\ _ /}} Mindy S. Howie {{{\(_)/}}} English/Secondary Ed. {{{(_j_)}}} Russell Sage College {{{/ \}}} {/ \} howiem@sage.edu / \ mhowie01@yahoo.com (_______) ------------------------------ From: linnel@snet.net Message-Id: <199902080223.VAA06642@pop.snet.net> Date: Sun, 7 Feb 1999 21:18:43 -0500 Subject: Re: nonTMBG: school colours PLEASE STOP > i think we're getting a little too deep into list demographics (if > that's the right word, i think it is) when we start talking about > school colors from middle school. i mean, nontmbg posts that relate to > BF5, moxy fruvous, or other bands liked by the listees are fine, but > come on. ok, here's my list of completely non tmbg related background > info on myself that i feel justified in posting because of the school > colors posts: d'oh. i feel bad that you feel this way, jeremy. it was i who started this with the evil strawberry fields comment. but on the other hand, what makes it better or worse than talking non-tmbg about BF5 or MF? or even smurfs for that matter?? (by the way, jay- don't worry ahout the smurfs unless they start turning into cornflakes and going after your frying pans...) it's all very hypocritical... all very much encompassed in the mystery of mankind... and heck, we all know about THAT mystery... and so, since i just wrote a bunch, i feel justified to answer the rest of your e-mail as well, most likely starting a long, evil list of threads that YOU'RE GOING TO HATE! MWAHAHAHAHAHA! > i have size 32x31, or the other way around, pants i don't remember what size i am. 11? i dunno. girls are different than boys, and i haven't bought pants for quite a while. just keep wearing the same old ones. > my right eye wanders maybe you should invest in a leash. > my feet have not grown since i was in middle school ahem. we all know what they say about feet... i wonder if something ELSE was growing impaired... like maybe your UPPER ARM.... hmmm > i am not currently in middle school, i am a 4th grader in college i'm not currently in middle school either : ) neat-o. > my school may or may not have colors, i do not know albino school. > i like toasters more than toaster ovens, because toasters toast the > bread evenly amen. > i never like commodore 64 games because they always tried to rip off > atari games, and never did a good job of it i was computer deprived until about a year ago *sniff sniff* > sometimes i wonder if we're copying the 70s and 80s right now, and in a > few years we'll be copying the 90s, how long will it take > before we are actually copying future decades, and how far ahead > will we be before the future catches up with us? i often wonder the same thing. only if we copy the future, we're really inventing something and when it happens, it will really be them copying US. wierd. > > i'm sure i've probably created a monster non tmbg thread rather than > stopped one, but what the hell, i've already typed this, so may as well > send it. i've already covered this : ) jen -If I lived back in the wild west days, instead of carrying a six-gun in my holster, I'd carry a soldering iron. That way, if some smart-aleck cowboy said something like "Hey, look. He's carrying a soldering iron!" and started laughing, and everybody else started laughing, I could just say, "That's right, it's a soldering iron. The soldering iron of justice." Then everybody would get real quiet and ashamed, because they had made fun of the soldering iron of justice, and I could probably hit them up for a free drink. ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 7 Feb 1999 20:02:35 -0500 Subject: TMBG: school colors Message-ID: <19990207.213117.10758.0.SailorMorningStar@juno.com> From: Karen M Majetic heh...this is kind of funny My school colors were: in middle school - blue and white and in high school - blue and white! AH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think that some schools need to get a little more creative and come up with something a little better than blue and white....from what Ive read so far a LOT of schools have those two colors. um...how did this get started anyways??? -Karen :P ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-ID: <000c01be530e$215ad100$e5c608d1@seanberg> From: "S. Bergeron" Subject: Re: TMBG: school colors Date: Sun, 7 Feb 1999 21:52:53 -0500 :heh...this is kind of funny :My school colors were: :in middle school - blue and white :and in high school - blue and white! :AH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think that some schools need to get a little more :creative and come up with something a little better than blue and :white....from what Ive read so far a LOT of schools have those two :colors. Uh...I went to three middle schools, and three high schools...but to continue the thread... 6th grade: (light) Blue and White 7th and 1st half of 8th grade: Black and Gold 8th grade 2nd half: (royal) Blue and White (interestingly enough, when you'd walk out the front door of the school you got a good look at the Nuclear power plant. I was there only six months total). 9th grade: (navy) Blue and Gold 10th grade: Green and Gold (think Packers.....absolutely disgusting football uniforms. This school was 17 miles from 3 Mile Island. I have a thing for nuclear power plants. I suppose I'll be glowing soon. I live about fifteen miles from one now.) 11-12 grades: Purple and Gold *barf* College (Christopher Newport University): Blue, White, and Gray. Jack Bergeron, idiotnot@visi.net bluedawg@tmbg.org "Someday, somebody else besides me will call me by my stage name."--Doctor Worm http://www.tmbg.org/~bluedawg/ ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #15-8 *****************************