Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #16-1 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 16, Number 1 Monday, 1 March 1999 Today's Topics: TMBG: List survey Re: TMBG: List survey TMBG: mp3s and such TMBG: Half-TMBG Half-NON-TMBG All Cop: Fave John and The Declining State of NON-TMBG: B-movies TMBG: Concert in Wheaton MA NON TMBG: X-Files Re: NON TMBG: X-Files Re: NON TMBG: X-Files TMBG: Re: Favorite Flans Re: TMBG: The ULTIMATE tmbg reference Re: TMBG: Fingertips and Favorite Johns Re: TMBG: Fingertips and Favorite Johns Re: NON-TMBG: B-movies Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: GhostKrabb@webtv.net (Dexter Flansburgh) Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 10:10:46 -0800 (PST) Subject: TMBG: List survey Message-ID: <3229-36D986A6-251@mailtod-241.iap.bryant.webtv.net> The following are just a couple of things that I found to be pretty cool about the list survey: 1. I'm the youngest member of the list (13). I didn't know that, but I feel strangely honored. 2. We have a marine biologist on the list? Who is it? I knew that TMBG's music was intelligent...but wow! 3. We also have someone who works as a clown on the list. I just find that interesting. Do clowns get paid well? 4. "Spitting Contest," that very unreal TMBG song that I unfortunately hold the title of spawning recieved a vote (it wasn't from me though). 5. A lot of TMBG fans live in California. I wasn't aware of this. I always thought that I was one of the EXTREMELY few that lived in CA. Nobody seems to know of Them out here. How come I never run into you Cali TMBG fans? me, Dexburger ------------------------------ From: linnel@snet.net Message-Id: <199902281816.NAA04685@pop.snet.net> Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 13:10:46 -0500 Subject: Re: TMBG: List survey > 5. A lot of TMBG fans live in California. I wasn't aware of this. I > always thought that I was one of the EXTREMELY few that lived in CA. > Nobody seems to know of Them out here. How come I never run into you > Cali TMBG fans? hey... umm... do you ever LOOK at your state? maybe the monstrous size of your huge land mass has something to do with it. i mean, it's just a wild shot but... jen If you saw two guys named Hambone and Flippy, which one would you think liked dolphins the most? I'd say Flippy, wouldn't you? You'd be wrong, though. It's Hambone. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990228202424.937.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Scott Reed" Subject: TMBG: mp3s and such Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 14:24:24 CST I'd like to retract my earlier statements about the 128kbps rip rate for mp3s, as I have been proven wrong. Over the weekend, I helped out someone else with some mp3s and also built a mp3 server for myself and ran it through the stereo, and it sounds pretty damn good. my 4 pfennig bjorky ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <005b01be6362$7c2818e0$0da308d0@orion> From: "Kelly Mendenhall" Subject: TMBG: Half-TMBG Half-NON-TMBG All Cop: Fave John and The Declining State of Entertainment Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 13:37:03 -0800 No no, these items aren't releated to eachother in the slightest! Heh but my favorite John is Flans...not because of musical talent and not because he's friendly but because he's left handed! Oh and well also because he's sly in general...I think I could hang out with Flans. Man I'm totally bummed about the loss of MST3k....especially hearing that that damn poodle or chuahaiiiahhaiuuhaaauha is getting a movie. I guess the people in charge of the media have decided that they haven't run that bit completely into the ground yet. Anyway, I wouldn't hold out too much hope that anyone else will pick up the show...it's been around for quite some time actually...so maybe its going to go into retirement. I think the best hope is that those guys pull something else equally as innovative out of their collective asses. Of course my feelings wouldn't be hurt if some other network picked up the show heh heh....You know what we need is a whole new cable channel that shows b-rate films all day long and then MST3k like twice a day. It'd be grand! Shreded Never Eat Wheat Kelly aka Mr. Horrible to those on undernet #tmbg I hit my head Now I'm left handed ------------------------------ From: Alterian@aol.com Message-ID: <16e9f0e6.36d9ce48@aol.com> Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 18:16:24 EST Subject: NON-TMBG: B-movies A channel of just b-movies?! I think I'd be in heaven. I would never need to leave my house again to rent a movie or see one in the theater (except star wars) b-movies always make me laugh. Esp. the really serious ones. -Amber the Transcendent ------------------------------ From: sangha@bu.edu Message-ID: <36D936CA.89E33F18@bu.edu> Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 07:30:03 -0500 Subject: TMBG: Concert in Wheaton MA Does anyone know if the concert in Wheaton MA is open to the public? How far is it from Boston? ------------------------------ Message-ID: <000d01be6394$365fa4e0$5a228a81@rcn.nmt.edu> From: "Refund" Subject: NON TMBG: X-Files Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 20:33:02 -0700 I'm going to go nuts! The guy playing the crazy man with the bomb on X-Files tonight has been in a movie or two, but I can't remember what it was called. He didn't have the beard or moustache, I think... Someone help me. :0) Signed, Nick Wolf, TMBG Ambassador to the State of New Mexico My Shoutcast channel is at 129.138.34.90:7050. No guarantee it'll be up all the time, but at least it's a start, no? Oh yeah. Visit www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Amphitheatre/5550 The first Julie Plug tribute page in history!!! [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.6.32.19990228212925.00875c30@pop.mindspring.com > Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 21:29:25 -0600 From: "The Li'l Depressed Boy" Subject: Re: NON TMBG: X-Files Ed from Northern Exposure. LDB At 08:33 PM 2/28/99 -0700, you wrote: > Someone help me. :0) Signed, > Nick Wolf, TMBG Ambassador to the State of New Mexico My Shoutcast >channel is at 129.138.34.90:7050. No guarantee it'll be up all the time, >but at least it's a start, no? >Oh yeah. Visit www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Amphitheatre/5550 >The first Julie Plug tribute page in history!!! -- http://www.lucidx.com/is My egotistical webpage, links to all the webpages I don't keep in my sig. -- http://www.mp3.com/idolv Download some of my music. -- http://members.xoom.com/MaxxIda/ The Official Sam Kieth Webpage - The Maxx IDA -- Contemporary Cartoon Militia is (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble and Kris W. M. Struble. | The Li'l Depressed Boy, Phreeck, Spyder Hunt, and all related characters (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble ------------------------------ Message-ID: <001501be6395$d41e8740$5a228a81@rcn.nmt.edu> From: "Refund" Subject: Re: NON TMBG: X-Files Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 20:44:36 -0700 THANK YOU!!!!!! :0) Signed, Nick Wolf, TMBG Ambassador to the State of New Mexico Etc... ----- Original Message ----- From: The Li'l Depressed Boy To: Sent: Sunday, February 28, 1999 8:29 PM Subject: Re: NON TMBG: X-Files >Ed from Northern Exposure. > >LDB > >At 08:33 PM 2/28/99 -0700, you wrote: >> Someone help me. :0) Signed, >> Nick Wolf, TMBG Ambassador to the State of New Mexico My Shoutcast >>channel is at 129.138.34.90:7050. No guarantee it'll be up all the time, >>but at least it's a start, no? >>Oh yeah. Visit www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Amphitheatre/5550 >>The first Julie Plug tribute page in history!!! >-- >http://www.lucidx.com/is >My egotistical webpage, links to all the webpages I don't keep in my sig. >-- >http://www.mp3.com/idolv >Download some of my music. >-- >http://members.xoom.com/MaxxIda/ >The Official Sam Kieth Webpage - The Maxx IDA >-- >Contemporary Cartoon Militia is (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble and Kris W. >M. Struble. | The Li'l Depressed Boy, Phreeck, Spyder Hunt, and all >related characters (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble > ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990301053101.28366.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Alex Pedraza" Subject: TMBG: Re: Favorite Flans Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 21:31:01 PST About the favorite John thing I have noticed that a lot of people have been picking Linnell which I find odd cause I would think that the Flans would be more popular (but we all know that Linnell is by far the cuter one) Anyhoo, when I went to the concert the Flans seemed a lot more friendlier than Linnell cause the Flans stayed outside the tour bus to take pics and give a hug here and there and Linnell just went into the bus and didn't bother with his fans (not that he doesn't love us or anything) So my choice would definitely have to be the Flans as a fav John, but he's not the cutest John -me! ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: Batbrain99@aol.com Message-ID: <8a53eb12.36da2c7c@aol.com> Date: Mon, 1 Mar 1999 00:58:20 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: The ULTIMATE tmbg reference In a message dated 99-02-26 11:33:59 EST, xornom@hotmail.com writes: << Hey! That same book mentions a great FLOOD! The writers of that book must have been TMBG fans. >> Oh, it all makes sense now! The Bible dudes are so pleased by Them, they make these references to the band! The band, so taken aback by the favor, makes refrerences to the Bible! Particle Man! I really dont think its about religion, but darn it! Wouldnt that beat all! ------------------------------ From: Batbrain99@aol.com Message-ID: <6e60dabd.36da2e10@aol.com> Date: Mon, 1 Mar 1999 01:05:04 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: Fingertips and Favorite Johns In a message dated 99-02-26 18:11:12 EST, hotel_detective1@juno.com writes: << "it was partly inspired by the ads for song collections that you here on late night TV hear." >> I dont believe I've ever heard a commercial song where the actor asks the audience to "wreck his car". Unless it's a commercial proving the durablitly of the car... "Like a rock" Of course, that songs taken. Wont see that in fingertips. ~Batbrain, who's glad to see a thread he started actually launched however temporarily ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 1 Mar 1999 01:23:05 -0500 (EST) From: "Kirsten L. Brodbeck" Subject: Re: TMBG: Fingertips and Favorite Johns Message-ID: On Mon, 1 Mar 1999 Batbrain99@aol.com wrote: > I dont believe I've ever heard a commercial song where the actor asks the > audience to "wreck his car". Unless it's a commercial proving the durablitly > of the car... "Like a rock" Silly.. They meant, like those song compilations. Y'know, "Dance Hits of the 70s" or whatever that they advertise on TV, and they play little snippets from each song.. Kirsten "All love is rhymed need." - Peter S. Beagle, _A Fine & Private Place_ ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990301064737.4741.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Josh Buckland" Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: B-movies Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 22:47:36 PST Ah, the excelent art of B-Movies. One of my favorite B-Movies is "The Ugly". Has anyone seen this? What are some other B-Movie favorites? Josh Buckland dilbert_2000@hotmail.com ICQ#: 17262308 contact me! http://www.angelfire.com/va/ozzyfest/index.html "I'd give my life to be dead." -Francesco Dellamorte, "Cemetery Man" ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #16-1 *****************************