Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #16-15 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 16, Number 15 Monday, 15 March 1999 Today's Topics: TMBG: Re: WE just go nots at Christmas TMBG: Hello Soul Coughing TMBG: Booking the Johns Re: TMBG: Hello Soul Coughing Re: TMBG: Hello Soul Coughing Re: TMBG: The State of the State TMBG: mono puff reference Re: TMBG: mono puff reference Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Sun, 14 Mar 1999 02:31:31 -0600 From: Bob Scott Message-ID: <36EB73E3.F1BA4EC1@tmbg.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re: WE just go nots at Christmas KRS Tyler wrote: > Derek A Klein wrote:>Concrete And Clay > Does anyone know who wrote this one? I know it's not a TMBG original. > (In fact, I'm pretty sure they played the original version > in"Rushmore.") > >We Just Go Nuts At Christmastime > This doesn't really sound like a TMBG original, but, once again, I have > no idea who did write it. I think I've seen lyrics similar to those of > this song written down somewhere, though.--May you live in interesting > times, > NathanDinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ > > Um i have that song on a christmas mixtape but i can't find it at the > moment If I'm not mistaken, I believe I heard a version of that song by Da Yoopers, or some other Minnesota-sounding (stereotypically, of course) group, but that very well could have been a cover, though I have to agree, it doesn't sound very TMBG-y. bobscott@tmbg.org AKA Bob "Nuts all the damn year" Scott ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199903142207.RAA153418@f04n07.cac.psu.edu> Date: Sun, 14 Mar 1999 17:08:29 -0500 From: Jason Fickley Subject: TMBG: Hello Soul Coughing I realize the Soul Coughing Hello cd is pretty rare but who on earth would pay $120 for one cd?!?!?!?!?!?! http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=75508448 Talk about a hard core fan :) --Jason-- ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.5.32.19990314172803.007cf390@lizard> Date: Sun, 14 Mar 1999 17:28:03 -0600 From: Tarsi Subject: TMBG: Booking the Johns Hey, all: Does anyone know what it would cost to book TMBG to do a gig? We're looking for bands to come to our college's nightclub and do shows, and I'd love to get Them to perform! :) Thanx. Tarsi 210 * ------------------------------------------------------------ Carpe Diem, Memento Mori Tarsi An Original Member of Orange 210 -->ICQ 21386047 -->The Void http://www.cs.luther.edu/~prallena -->The Forever Beyond Web http://www.wwwmasterz.org/tfb -->The Forever Beyond telnet://imperial.palace.net:7000 "Now it's over I'm dead and I haven't done anything that I want, or I'm still alive and there's nothing I want to do." - TMBG * ------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 14 Mar 1999 20:00:37 -0500 Subject: Re: TMBG: Hello Soul Coughing Message-ID: <19990314.200321.6926.0.Superman75@juno.com> From: Adam Schaaf hi. >I realize the Soul Coughing Hello cd is pretty rare but who on earth >would pay $120 for one cd?!?!?!?!?!?! specially since you can order the 1995(?) hello club pack and get it, as well as ten or so other CDs, for about $45. what's the e-mail address? save the poor person some money. your underking of pop trivia, adam schaaf * ------------------------------------------ "It's a strange world, my friend. We're bound to run to each other. Until then, keep your unit on ya." ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199903150215.VAA39550@f04n01.cac.psu.edu> Date: Sun, 14 Mar 1999 21:16:42 -0500 From: Jason Fickley Subject: Re: TMBG: Hello Soul Coughing Well, at the time I'm writing this, there's less than an hour left in the auction, and you're not supposed to back out of a bid anyway, so it seems to be a lost cause. --Jason-- At 08:00 PM 3/14/99 -0500, Adam Schaaf wrote: >hi. > >>I realize the Soul Coughing Hello cd is pretty rare but who on earth >>would pay $120 for one cd?!?!?!?!?!?! > >specially since you can order the 1995(?) hello club pack and get >it, as well as ten or so other CDs, for about $45. what's the e-mail >address? save the poor person some money. > > >your underking of pop trivia, >adam schaaf >------------------------------------------ >"It's a strange world, my friend. We're bound to >run to each other. Until then, keep your unit on ya." > >___________________________________________________________________ >You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. >Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html >or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] > ------------------------------ From: MDJSK@aol.com Message-ID: <91727cf3.36ec8960@aol.com> Date: Sun, 14 Mar 1999 23:15:28 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: The State of the State << The web site hasn't been updated in quite a while. In truth, there hasn't been a whole lot to update as of late, except for the GoodNose (www.goodnoise.com) releases. >> Gotta love those GoodNose releases. My favorites include: "Get Down and Booger," "Bless You," and "My Schnoz is Better Than Your Schnoz". -jake ------------------------------ From: LimeZinger@aol.com Message-ID: <19b031f7.36ecaa95@aol.com> Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 01:37:09 EST Subject: TMBG: mono puff reference i was listening to a happy fun killjoys song, and thumbing through some magazines.. i found this in the january cmj: TOURS WE'D LIKE TO SEE: "surround sound tour" adventures in stereo, apples in stereo, stereo total, stereo mc's, stereolab, stereophonics, mono, mono men, mono puff, mono tones, lo-fidelity all stars, hi-fi killers, hi fi and the road burners, hi fi, rockers hi fi, unitone hifi, and thomas dolby (now get tdk to take their pictures, and you'd be set.) i'd dig seein the puff with stereolab. sarah ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 01:53:14 -0500 (EST) From: "mike@journalx.com" Subject: Re: TMBG: mono puff reference Message-ID: Not only does the song appear in the movie Carrie 2 but in the current issue of Entertainment Weekly (KUBRICK!), the song is even mentioned in the REVIEW of the movie. That publication has a long history of giving our boys backhanded compliments and the like, but someone there must dig them at least a little. Too bad the review of the new XTC album got crammed into the middle of a very shitty issue. Anyway as far as I can tell, neither of the Mono Puff albums sold more than a handful of copies, and it would be nice for this movie tie-in to give them a little boost. It's Fun To Steal is a kick-ass album. MIKe www.journalx.com, where the dead stay dead and the living cringe Last CD purchased: Sloan - One Chord To Another ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #16-15 ******************************