Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #16-22 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 16, Number 22 Monday, 22 March 1999 Today's Topics: TMBG: Dexter invites you to register with HotMessenger Re: NON-TMBG: Schoolhouse Rock Re: TMBG: TMBG Chart Positions Re: TMBG: TMBG Chart Positions Re: TMBG:Older question Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Sun, 21 Mar 1999 02:30:15 -0800 Message-Id: <199903211030.CAA26278@www.comcentral.net> From: Dexter Subject: TMBG: Dexter invites you to register with HotMessenger Greetings TMBG listees! Dexter has registered with HotMessenger! HotMessenger is a new instant messaging system which runs inside any web browser! There is nothing to download and nothing to install! Register today to join the fun! To register for your own HotMessenger, use the following link: http://www.hotmessenger.com/ Additionally please don't forget to set up your personal user information when you login, you'll find it by clicking on the button named OPTIONS located on the top of your buddy list. This information is displayed to people who are searching for other users to add to their buddy list. Have fun! ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 21 Mar 1999 02:25:49 -0500 Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Schoolhouse Rock Message-ID: <19990321.022549.16638.0.hotel_detective1@juno.com> From: e f rae >>biz markie's cover of "energy blues" Speaking of that song, here's a tid bit of neat coincidence (although most of you won't care, but it's two in the morning, and I'm bored)... a line from "Energy Blues" goes as such: "Now in 1859, way out in Western Pennsylvania, a man built a rig that got some laughs from folks who came there, but suddenly, a mighty roar came up from under the ground and soon a gusher, gushin' oil, soaked all who stood around..." Although they don't mention the name - this town way out in Western Pennsylvania is called Titusville, the lil' town where I grew up. Wow! I know you were all thrilled by that. >>fall of 95 or spring of 96. >>blind melon's version of "three is a magic number" It came out in '96 - a year after Blind Melon front man Shannon Hoon passed on (rest his soul - he was a good lad). They had to mix in his vocals with the song, I believe. The Better Than Ezra song is rather good too - I'd like to have heard Ben Folds Five try that one. I've also heard something about there's been a new Schoolhouse Rock cover album out, about political songs methinks. You know, to urge the kiddies to "Rock the Vote" and all. It didn't look quite as good as the first though. >>Yes, but power corrupts. And absolute power corrupts absolutely. ever-sincere, eriKa, and along with some mistakes you made King, I'm gonna start with the worst ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 21 Mar 1999 00:27:01 -0500 Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG Chart Positions Message-ID: <19990321.113343.3070.0.captainmarvel2@juno.com> From: Derek A Klein I know FS wa the CD of the week for the radio station 102.7 WEQX one week in December of 96. Derek "What is everyone staring at?" >> I think they may have registered a time or two on the US Billboard Charts, but >>can't seem to find a good resource for that info. I'd be very surprised to find >>them anywhere in the Top 20 (or even 50) at any point in time...perhaps in the >>Top 100 or 500...They've most assuredly never had a Top 10 *anything* in the >>States. > >Just about every TMBG album has made it into the top 100... John Henry >debuted at #63 or #64, I think. FS was somewhere around #92... Lincoln, Flood >and Apollo 18 have all been in the top 100, but I can't remember if they debuted >there. Flood and A18 might have... ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: CajunGram@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Sun, 21 Mar 1999 13:43:39 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG Chart Positions In a message dated 3/21/99 8:35:54 AM Pacific Standard Time, captainmarvel2@juno.com writes: > >> I think they may have registered a time or two on the US Billboard > Charts, but >>can't seem to find a good resource for that info. I'd be > very surprised to find >>them anywhere in the Top 20 (or even 50) at any > point in time...perhaps in the >>Top 100 or 500...They've most assuredly > never had a Top 10 *anything* in the >>States. I haven't been following this thread, so if this has already been posted, I apologize for the redundancy. Birdhouse In Your Soul was on a Billboard collection I saw at the store the other day. It was something like the 10 best songs on 1990 I think... Graham ------------------------------ From: ErgoTM@aol.com Message-ID: <67e5e194.36f596ed@aol.com> Date: Sun, 21 Mar 1999 20:03:41 EST Subject: Re: TMBG:Older question For any one who'd like to know where the MP3 came from ender.cwru.edu/sound/mp3/ Geoff "how do you spell hootenanny?" Craig ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #16-22 ******************************