Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #16-23 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 16, Number 23 Tuesday, 23 March 1999 Today's Topics: NON-TMBG: Save MST3K TMBG: I scored BIGTIME over the weekend! Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-ID: <000501be7436$478977c0$7f470904@aah1084-access> From: "Amy :)" Subject: NON-TMBG: Save MST3K Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 02:32:41 -0500 For those of you who are sad to see Mike and the 'bots go at the end of season 10, visit this site to see what you can do about it: http://www.mst3kinfo.com/satnews/saveshow.html Amy :) ------------------------------ Message-ID: <445F423C4F7BD211893900A0C9E456411FCF50@MAIL> From: Robert Plass Subject: TMBG: I scored BIGTIME over the weekend! Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 14:19:20 -0500 Hello Exquisite Living People, I picked up ($7) a copy of "The Gravel Pit"'s new album, "Silver Gorilla." On the last track, #13, John Linnell plays baritone sax on a song called, "Get Tangled." That happens to be one of their better songs, and they played it when they opened for TMBG on Oct. 16 of last year at the Bowery Ballroom, but Linnell didn't play with them on stage at that show. The album just came out on Mar 2 of this year. http://www.qdivision.com/ for more info Gravel Pit is a really good band, too. I've seen them live three or four times. Always a good show. Always loud. In the liner notes of the CD, they mention John Linnell (courtesy of Restless Records) and they also directly thank They Might be Giants, which is pretty cool of them. Linnell rocks on the baritone sax on that Get Tangled song, by the way. One of these years I might rip an mp3 of it, but until I do, go buy the album. I also got Vol 95 of CMJ's music sampler, a compiliation of new release material from last year, which features Dr. Worm by TMBG. Yay! Love, Rob Plass ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #16-23 ******************************