Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #16-25 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 16, Number 25 Thursday, 25 March 1999 Today's Topics: Re: NON-TMBG: Tom Green selling out? TMBG: Compilations and Jeopardy Re: TMBG: Lock Haven, WBER, and Pre-Show Party? Re: NON-TMBG: Where is everybody? Re: TMBG: Converting friends to the Johns TMBG: TMBGcon TMBG: Birthday Greetings from Dexter Flansburgh TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #16-24 NON TMBG: Tom Chapin Re: TMBG: Lock Haven, WBER, and Pre-Show Party? TMBG: Converting friends to the Johns Re: TMBG: TMBGcon TMBG: Ku concert TMBG: NON-TMBG confectionary madness and where is everybody? TMBG: BGSU Re: TMBG: TMBGcon NON-TMBG: confectionary madness Re: NON-TMBG: confectionary madness NON-TMBG: confectionary madness Re: NON-TMBG: confectionary madness TMBG: NEW! TDK's They Might Be Giants club! NEW! Re: TMBG: TMBGcon NON-TMBG: Carrie 2 Re: TMBG: TMBGcon Re: TMBG: TMBGcon TMBG: the alien conspiracy VERY NON-TMBG: Baseball TMBG: Re: the alien conspiracy Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-ID: <007b01be75c7$2dd49200$ac350904@aah1084-access> From: "Amy :)" Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Tom Green selling out? Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 02:16:41 -0500 >I just saw Tom Green in a commercial for Pepsi One. We can all only hope >the guy hasn't sold out to Corporate America... But you have to admit, commercials featuring Tom Green have GOT to be better than commercials featuring Cuba Gooding, Jr. Amy :) ------------------------------ From: "Leon X. Deggs" Subject: TMBG: Compilations and Jeopardy Message-Id: <922261072.13417.877@excite.com> Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 23:37:52 PST Morning - adjust this phrase to suit your time zone Compilations of TMBG? Well, no compilation would be complete without referencing at least the more poppy and 'accesible' songs. I quote: Don't Let's Start Ana Ng - already suggested and very wise Dr. Worm Statue et cetera ad infinitum Things to avoid are: 1. compiling the tape in chronological order. This is only for buffs or those interested in seeing the development of the band. 2. some of the more obscure songs - Boat Of Car, Chess Piece Face, in fact a large percentage of the Pink album. IOU - two cents. L. _____________ Leon X. Deggs _______________________________________________________ Get your free, private email at http://mail.excite.com/ ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 02:27:09 -0600 From: Bob Scott Message-ID: <36F8A1DC.D10C6913@tmbg.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: Lock Haven, WBER, and Pre-Show Party? Dylan Flipse wrote: > Venue: NEWPORT MUSIC HALL > Primary Act: THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS PRESHOW PARTY > Location: COLUMBUS, OH > Date and Time: Apr 29 1999 6:30PM > Charge-By-Phone #: 614/431-3600 > Venue Information and Directions Ticket Center Information Event News Sleepers awake! It can't be more than 2,000 miles from Nebraska to Ohio! Now if I could just find a comb... bobscott@tmbg.org AKA Bob "The hot dogs and chips would be the clencher if there was 1 penny in my name after yesterday's market plummet... Fish are only 3 cents a barrel!!! 3 cents a BARREL!!!" Scott, dec'd ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 02:34:05 -0600 From: Bob Scott Message-ID: <36F8A37D.AF319375@tmbg.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Where is everybody? tmbgirl@juno.com wrote: > >Remember when > >the only varieties of M&M's were plain and peanut? > > we could start the "which are better... canadian smarties or american?" > thread over here... that'd give us something to talk about. :) > > i'm all for the canadian smarties... as i must say they are the greatest > candy ever :) mmm... chocolate :) > To me, there are several reasons to love Canada. One of those reasons is the very differences in candies being discussed. To see Smarties that aren't tart and tiny is like being the first one to climb Everest only to be pushed off by Barbara Hershey, who really sounds more candy-barrish than Bob Scott anyway. All I can remember is that the prices of said candies were far to high at the hotel I stayed at in Watertown (Waterton? It's been a long time), Alberta for me to get much of anything besides the Smarties of which I really wish I had saved the package. Oh well, the release of the Carrie 2 Soundtrack with Backstabbing Liar will make it all better! bobscott@tmbg.org AKA Bob "Challenging drunken Canadians in Canadian capital buildings" Scott - and yes, there's a story behind it, though it's mainly gonna be fabricated since I've forgotten most of what happened all the while that I was in Canada... (the name of my new film) ------------------------------ From: linnel@snet.net Message-Id: <199903241143.GAA00587@pop.snet.net> Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 06:41:38 -0500 Subject: Re: TMBG: Converting friends to the Johns > > O.K. I admit that I'm posting this partially in an attempt to start a > conversation (on topic at that!), but does anyone have any suggestions > on how to convert friends who have either, no, or a somewhat negative, > opinion of Them? I was going to make a introduction mix tape, but I > can't think of what to put on it. > Any suggestions? in the past, the way i've gotten people to like Them is basically diving right into their music. people are usually stunned that a band that makes this kind of music exists. what i've done is strategically listened to especially neat and wide-ranged tmbg song when those people are around. i'll be on the phone listening to Meet James Ensor on STD, and people are usually like, "what the hell are you listening to???" then i get all excited and start talking about tmbg and making them listen to all kinds of songs. even the most unwilling victims of this method have eventually succumbed. and let me tell you... it's fun. jen any man, in the right situation, is capable of murder. But not any man is capable of being a good camper. So, murder and camping are not as similar as you might think ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 07:34:48 -0500 (EST) From: "John J. Ryan" Subject: TMBG: TMBGcon Message-ID: Just an idea to throw out to people, what does everyone think of a They Might Be Giants convention? Here are some questions I am going to throw out: 1. Where should it be held? (Of course, Brooklyn is a good idea) 2. What should be there? (A TMBG flea market where traders can come together and bring their bootlegs, rarities, etc., a Battle of the Bands featuring people who cover TMBG and a main headlining TMBG cover band, a John & John look-alike contest, sing-alongs everywhere, a trivia contest, special guests realted to the Johns, and maybe even a special concert by the Johns in front of the best audience in the world) Any other ideas from the peanut gallery? BTW, let me use this opportunity to plug the Beatlefest convention at the New Jersey Meadowlands this weekend. http://www.beatlefest.com * John J. Ryan * * Mason Gross School of the Arts - Rutgers University * * STELRFAN@EDEN.RUTGERS.EDU * * http://www.eden.rutgers.edu/~stelrfan * ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 06:03:41 -0800 Message-Id: <199903241403.GAA25329@host6.pacprod.com> Subject: TMBG: Birthday Greetings from Dexter Flansburgh From: Dexter Flansburgh Hi! You have a Personalized Electronic Birthday Greeting Card from Dexter Flansburgh waiting for you at: http://www.pacprod.com To receive your card, you will need the PASSWORD: tmbg-list-2406019 ***Please Note: Passwords are CaSe Sensitive, and you must include the dash. Just connect to the above URL and scroll down to the link that says "GREETING CARDS". This link will take you to our greeting card page where you can enter your password and view your card. We'll keep your greeting card in our system for about one week. Enjoy! ************************************* Need a good laugh today? Visit the new Pacific Products Gallery "Joke Of The Day" at: http://www.pacprod.com/jokes.pl Be sure to bookmark this page to come back for a new joke each and every day!!! ************************************** Would you like some fun facts about this day in history? Visit the new Pacific Products Gallery "Today In History" at: http://www.pacprod.com/cgi-bin/today.pl Bookmark this page for some fun facts everyday! ************************************** ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990324140325.21346.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Jilly Bean" Subject: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #16-24 Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 06:03:24 PST hi :) I've been getting these things forever...just have never replied! ~*Jilly Bean*~ ~* http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Club/1165 *~ ~~* super_dancer@hotmail.com *~~ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 10:07:31 -0500 (EST) From: LN Subject: NON TMBG: Tom Chapin Message-ID: *** On to a topic of more They relation: what sort of songs does the general concensus deem will be contained within TMBG's upcoming children's album? I ask this because, earlier this week, I was listening to the children's album of Tom Chapin, brother of the late folk/huminitarian great Harry Chapin, and found it .. erm. One could call it terrible beyond every belief. I've never listened to anything so .. condescending in my admittedly short life, even to children. Between songs about libraries ("Gonna say hi to the DICTionary!") and Alphabet Soup ("Dinner time's comin, how about a treat?"), the desire Mr. Chapin has to inspire children to the act of learning is shown with his pathetic attempt. What do the children learn, their alphabet? They should already know that. That men can turn into whales, or that Whinnie the Pooh is going to come to life upon visiting the library? Feh! I just wish to express my own hope that the Johns take a more scientific and .. fun approach to learning. Between Tom Chapin and Barney, jeez--I pray for the future of the world. *** I for one HAVE to defend Tom Chapin... Emerson's radio station has a children's music program on Sunday evenings (The Playground) ansd they used to play buttloads of Tom Chapin... my favorites included "Dad threw the TV out the window" and the song that went: "Don't play with Bruno, Bruno is a dweeb! A dweeb, what's a dweeb? Oh you know, like Bruno!" Perfect for us chilluns of the hippies... :) -=ellen=- "All snow outside, stay in and hide, Pull down the shade, one more snowday." ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990324170616.1754.rocketmail@send205.yahoomail.com> Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 09:06:16 -0800 (PST) From: Talcott Starr Subject: Re: TMBG: Lock Haven, WBER, and Pre-Show Party? > NEWPORT PRE-CONCERT PARTY > * * * * * > THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS > NEWPORT MUSIC HALL > THU APR 29 1999 6:30 DOOR > Internet Onsale: Mar 19 1999 at 10:00AM > > Venue: NEWPORT MUSIC HALL > Primary Act: THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS PRESHOW PARTY > Location: COLUMBUS, OH > Date and Time: Apr 29 1999 6:30PM > Charge-By-Phone #: 614/431-3600 > Venue Information and Directions Ticket Center > Information Event News > I love living in Columbus! We got a nearby TMBG show in Feb. We have 2 other in state shows in April, and then this! I can't believe I'm leaving the city in a few months for college. Well at least I'm staying in Ohio. Probably the best place short of NY for TMBG and Fruvous fans ;) === |\_________\ | Co-Owner of ThetaSoft| | \|___ ___| | http://members.xoom.com/ThetaSoft | || | |-----------------------------------| || | "If you can't see dreams, your eyes are blind" || | -Moxy Fruvous- "Fly" \|___|ALCOTT STARR _________________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 11:45:43 -0600 Subject: TMBG: Converting friends to the Johns Message-ID: <19990324.115313.10806.0.khurby@juno.com> From: mike k the super secret key to bringing They to your friends is as such ... 1. ) put Factory Showroom in 2. ) play "Spiraling Shape" i promise guaranteed results. REDUNDANT! everyone in the world likes spiraling shape. everyone. in the world. when your friends ask, "hey, who sings this kick ass song about shapes with spiraling tendencies?" ... don't answer 'em. quickly ... 3. ) play "New York City" now your friends will get pissed. they will demand to know who it is that has brought this musical greatness into their life. coyly reply with, "how about another track?" 4. ) play "Metal Detector" dood, this is the key turning point. if your friend still digs this super special mystery band after playing this particular song, you've got 'em, hook, line, and sinker. you might as well put on "Counterfeit Fake" and "Spy" (of which i particularly don't care for) cuz you just made a new Giant fan. hell, sign 'em up for the mailing list. okay bye. mike k ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: LimeZinger@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 13:55:43 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBGcon In a message dated 3/24/99 7:35:29 AM, stelrfan@eden.rutgers.edu writes: >Any other ideas from the peanut gallery? to be completely honest, i think any sort of tmbg-con would have to be completely unrelated to the band.. i mean, they don't seem like the type of band (ie. fruvous) that would want to have anything to do with it (ie. fruvous) .. i could be totally wrong, but ... eh, you know. sarah ------------------------------ From: Gurgi1299@aol.com Message-ID: <3f506981.36f950e0@aol.com> Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 15:53:52 EST Subject: TMBG: Ku concert I was at the TMBG concert at Kutztown University on March 11, along with one of my greatest friends. Anyway, I have a friend who never heard of TMBG until he met me, and is interested in listening to them. He wants me to make a tape off all the songs that They played at the concert (since he was going to go, but had to work), but he wants them to be in order. TDK supplied me with the set list, but it did not include the Planet Of the Apes song they played. If anybody was at the concert and remembers when they payed that song, please let me know! If you need to see the sequence of the set list, let me know...I still have the print out TDK gave me!! ~Kimberly ------------------------------ Message-ID: <36F95A68.B9038A49@thebigdogs.net> Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 15:34:32 -0600 From: Laura Helbling Subject: TMBG: NON-TMBG confectionary madness and where is everybody? I'm still here. I was nearly kidnapped by a teenaged dictator who sits across from me in science, but I outsmarted him by asking him questions about James K. Polk, and arrived safely home to check my mail. So you see, I have not gone anywhere and don't intend to. Hmmm, seeing as I can't seem to find the right posts to quote from, I'll just write. Someone was talking about Charleston Chews. Yum, I just had some of those, but I've yet to see any with carmel. The ones I had came in flavors (vanilla's the best) and the center was more of a marshmallow kinda chew. I'm getting hungry, better go have some papaya-flavored M&Ms. that groovy chick, Laura ------------------------------ Message-ID: <36F919C9.3178@bgnet.bgsu.edu> Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 16:58:50 +0000 From: "K.C." Subject: TMBG: BGSU Hey folks. I've been off the list cause they made changes here with the email system. I was shocked to find out the TMBG will be playing right here where I live- BGSU!!!!!! It will rock. Later -- K.C. Kless "...I am a snake head eating the head on the opposite side..." Commissioner, TertiArse Fantasy Sports DocWorm@tmbg.org ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990324222347.23645.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBGcon Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 14:23:47 PST John J. Ryan wrote: >Just an idea to throw out to people, what does everyone think of a >They >Might Be Giants convention? Here are some questions I am going to >throw out: > >1. Where should it be held? (Of course, Brooklyn is a good idea) Somewhere in Pennsylvania, preferably close to my home. Actually, I might be able to make it to Brooklyn, or someplace even farther away, but I'd certainly prefer it to be close to home. >2. What should be there? (A TMBG flea market where traders can come >together and bring their bootlegs, rarities, etc., a Battle of the >Bands >featuring people who cover TMBG and a main headlining TMBG cover >band, a >John & John look-alike contest, sing-alongs everywhere, a trivia >contest, >special guests realted to the Johns, and maybe even a special concert >by the Johns in front of the best audience in the world) These sound like good ideas. There could also be food, perhaps with a TMBG-themed menu (Extra Krispy chicken with an order of bacon and a basket of garlic bread, hot cha to drink, a Mr. Misty from Dairy Queen, and a grey world cake for dessert). There could be TMBG music played in the background until everyone is sick of it (sounds kind of like my room). I agree with Sarah that the Johns Themselves probably would not show up, but it might not hurt for whoever is planning the thing (not that there actually is anyone yet) to try to contact Their tour manager. >Any other ideas from the peanut gallery? Mmmm...peanuts... -- May you live in interesting times, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: Matt James Message-Id: <199903242237.RAA23750@fellspt.charm.net> Subject: NON-TMBG: confectionary madness Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 17:37:54 -0500 (EST) Someone queried about UK Mars bars and how they tasted like 3 Muskateers. Well, I must admit that part of it tastes like that, but the caramel on top tastes like it's from a Milky Way. So they taste like a combination of 3 Muskateers and Milky Ways. -Matt ------------------------------ Message-ID: <36F9693A.356E81A2@sevenlands.com> Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 17:37:46 -0500 From: carlyn nugent Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: confectionary madness Matt James wrote: > > Someone queried about UK Mars bars and how they tasted like > 3 Muskateers. Well, I must admit that part of it tastes > like that, but the caramel on top tastes like it's from > a Milky Way. So they taste like a combination of 3 Muskateers > and Milky Ways. > -Matt Ah, so it is, I believe different from the US Mars bar...No? I've never actually eaten a US Mars bar, but was under the impression it contained almonds. Anyone know? These things are important. CN ------------------------------ From: Matt James Message-Id: <199903242252.RAA25609@fellspt.charm.net> Subject: NON-TMBG: confectionary madness Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 17:52:55 -0500 (EST) I don't think US Mars bars have almonds in them but I can't totally recall as I haven't had one in ages. I was watching a report on ITN News last night and they said that Great Britain eats more chocolate than any other country in the world! So leave it to the Brits to make some of the best chocolate. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <36F97CB3.F471E8B0@sevenlands.com> Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 19:00:51 -0500 From: carlyn nugent Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: confectionary madness Matt James wrote: > > I don't think US Mars bars have almonds in them but I can't > totally recall as I haven't had one in ages. > I was watching a report on ITN News last night and they > said that Great Britain eats more chocolate than any other > country in the world! So leave it to the Brits to make > some of the best chocolate. Well, I checked Mars' website just to satisfy my own curiosity...Yes, there are most assuredly almonds in the US version. After looking at their complete list of products I have to wonder why there is so much marketing of different confections under the same name or the same confections under different names or different things being unavailable in different countries...Mars, Inc. seems to make almost all the products we're discussing. It's really only important to me because I wish Topics were sold in the US. CN ------------------------------ Message-ID: <36F97E68.413B3CCA@cybercomm.net> Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 19:08:11 -0500 From: TDK Subject: TMBG: NEW! TDK's They Might Be Giants club! NEW! Hey, I just started a Yahoo! club for TMBG. Would you like to join? You need to start a free Yahoo! account to join. My club has a message board, a chat room, a photo album where you can post your favorite TMBG pics from my page, and more. I'm thinking about hosting a weekly chat with a door prize. Would anyone be into that? Also what would be a good day/time for that? Let me know what you think. Thanks! -Mike http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/tdkstheymightbegiantsclub http://www.cybercomm.net/~tdk/index.html ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199903250023.TAA134578@f04n07.cac.psu.edu> Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 19:24:56 -0500 From: Jason Fickley Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBGcon At 02:23 PM 3/24/99 -0800, Nathan Mulac DeHoff wrote: >>1. Where should it be held? (Of course, Brooklyn is a good idea) > >Somewhere in Pennsylvania, preferably close to my home. Great idea! Better yet, make it western PA! :) --Jason-- ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 17:34:48 -0700 (MST) From: Jim Kuemmerle Subject: NON-TMBG: Carrie 2 Message-ID: On Wed, 24 Mar 1999, Bob Scott wrote: > Oh well, the release of the Carrie 2 Soundtrack with Backstabbing Liar > will make it all better! you know, the woman (emily bergl) who stars in that movie is the ex-girlfriend of my friend/neighbor/musical conspirator glade sowards. he went and saw it recently, and i'm not sure whether he's over his nightmares yet... ;) --jim kuemmerle, who hopes none of *his* ex-girlfriends develop telekinetic powers... j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668/ 3/25 -- GLADE at ichabob's (666 S. state st., SLC) with matt matteus, 10 pm $5 3/29 -- GLADE at the zephyr, opening for melissa warner, 10 pm $5 ------------------------------ From: LimeZinger@aol.com Message-ID: <23f95798.36f982e8@aol.com> Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 19:27:20 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBGcon In a message dated 3/24/99 7:24:36 PM, jdf179@psu.edu writes: >Great idea! Better yet, make it western PA! :) OR... my genius idea(you're going to love me): LIVING ROOM TOUR '99! ~sarah ;) ------------------------------ Message-ID: Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 21:19:19 -0500 (EST) From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBGcon Excerpts from internet.music.tmbg: 24-Mar-99 Re: TMBG: TMBGcon by LimeZinger@aol.com > to be completely honest, i think any sort of tmbg-con would have to be > completely unrelated to the band.. i mean, they don't seem like the type of > band (ie. fruvous) that would want to have anything to do with it (ie. > fruvous) .. i could be totally wrong, but ... eh, you know. and even if they did show up, they'd probably not be the type of band (i.e. fruvous) who would play a specific set for their die-hard fans, and they probably wouldn't be the type of band to want to interact with their fans on a personal level (i.e. fruvous), so if they did bother to show up, they'd probably play the same old boring set they always do... pet name in the dark, exquisite dead guy heads, etc. for all us die hard fans looking for something special. just to spite us. Lawrence Solomon http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~lps/ lps@andrew.cmu.edu "Just because you're floating doesn't mean * This space inadvertently you haven't drowned." -They Might Be Giants * left with stuff in it. ------------------------------ Message-Id: <36F9A6DA.47F6119D@mail.hcc.cc.fl.us> Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 22:00:42 -0500 From: Bert Rubini Organization: no, thank you Subject: TMBG: the alien conspiracy > Okay. Some list members might have been away from their computers for > spring break or whatever, so I suppose I can expect a bit less traffic. > I haven't received a single message since early yesterday, though. > Where is everybody? Did the entire list go on vacation, and not invite > me? Did people's computers get tired of waiting for 2000 (or "Y2K," as > those irritating abbreviation-mongers call it), and decide to crash > early? Am I just not receiving messages from the list? Is it all part > of a massive conspiracy by evil alien invaders in the shape of > umbrellas? Why isn't anyone writing anything? Somebody post something! The last theory you mentioned is the correct one, except the aliens aren't shaped like umbrellas, they're shaped like shoehorns. I think you know which kind. bert r. np: "Back to Skull" which I snagged yesterday for $4. (Is that good?) -- My homepage - slightly more interesting than watching grass grow: http://www.hcc.cc.fl.us/services/faculty/bertrubini/home.htm ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199903250540.AAA192274@f04n07.cac.psu.edu> Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 00:41:13 -0500 From: Jason Fickley Subject: VERY NON-TMBG: Baseball OK I know this is waaaaaaay off-topic but I started a fantasy baseball league at yahoo! and the people who were going to join me in the league bailed out :( So, before I decide to shut it down, if any listees want a piece of the action just email me privately. --Jason-- ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 00:08:31 -0600 From: Bob Scott Message-ID: <36F9D2DF.EEA6EDAD@tmbg.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re: the alien conspiracy Bert Rubini wrote: > np: "Back to Skull" which I snagged yesterday for $4. (Is that good?) That's better than good! That's outright flange! bobscott@tmbg.org AKA Bob "Wormworth" Scott ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #16-25 ******************************