Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #16-27 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 16, Number 27 Saturday, 27 March 1999 Today's Topics: TMBG: the new dial a songs Re: Non-TMBG: Car Tape Suggestions TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #16-24 Re: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list (confections) Re: Non-TMBG: Car Tape Suggestions NON-TMBG: confectionaries TMBG: Rounder Records Re: TMBG: Rounder Records Re: TMBG: Rounder Records Re: Non-TMBG: Car Tape Suggestions Re: Non-TMBG: Car Tape Suggestions Re: NON-TMBG: Jimmy Eat World Re: TMBG: TMBGcon Re: Non-TMBG: Car Tape Suggestions Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-ID: <000901be776c$d5cfeee0$06a6bfd1@cannon> From: "eRiCh" Subject: TMBG: the new dial a songs Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 01:41:31 -0800 I transfered the new dial a songs from dialasong.com to mp3's if anyone prefers that format. go to http://hey.to/giants eRiCh [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] ------------------------------ From: EmarZero@aol.com Message-ID: <5df7dc7e.36fb930a@aol.com> Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 09:00:42 EST Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Car Tape Suggestions Mmmm...car tapes... I *personally* like a little punk spice thrown in... I'd recommend NOFX, (anything off of "Punk In Drublic,") Diesel Boy, Me First And the Gimme Gimmes, (GREAT punk band, they play nothing but covers of 70's AM radio rock lite) early Offspring (SMASH and before,) the Decepticonz, (Arlington VA's finest, www.decepticonz.com) and of course, Mighty Mighty Bosstones. When I'm in a ligher mood, I like TMBG. Also, the Mortal Kombat albums have some good stuff, and I've recently taken a shine to KMDFM as driving music. My dos pesetas. HX! ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 15:12:10 GMT From: "Dr. Worm" Subject: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #16-24 Message-ID: Hey Over here (UK) we just got "limited edition" Smarties - they have special purple coloured ones with nasty crappy pineapple shit (and NO choccy) inside!!!! What is that about? And how does it relate to "A Bug's Life", which it's meant to be promoting? Also, we have this rather lush new chocolate bar called Marble. It's dead nice but a bit expensive. Oh, and everyone is on Easter holiday and so can't be arsed to come on to campus and check their e-mails. Well, everyone here is anyway. Stay happy (and don't eat the nasty Smarties!) Kate ------------------------------ Message-ID: <36FBAB1B.BBF43069@sevenlands.com> Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 10:43:23 -0500 From: carlyn nugent Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list (confections) "Dr. Worm" wrote: > > Hey > Over here (UK) we just got "limited edition" Smarties - they have > special purple coloured ones with nasty crappy pineapple shit (and NO > choccy) inside!!!! > What is that about? And how does it relate to "A Bug's Life", which > it's meant to be promoting? Perhaps the nasty crappy pineapple shit is meant to emulate the nasty crappy yellow goo that comes out when you squish a bug...eewwww... CN P.S. Smarties UK = M&Ms US...right? ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990326155959.4952.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Car Tape Suggestions Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 07:59:58 PST Bridget Therease wrote: >hey, i know you're all real music buffs (obviously) so i thought i'd >ask you >what i should put on my Car Tape for my brand new-used volkswagen >quantum. You should put on "River Of Orchids," and maybe "Roads Girdle The Globe." (Anyone familiar with those songs will realize the irony in this suggestion.) >oooh. i just got my license today and went driving for about a >billion >years, so... :) A billion years in one day, eh? Does that mean that your car distorts space and time, or that you were driving in a dimension where time flows differently? -- May you live in interesting times, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ Now playing: "Weird Al" Yankovic In 3-D Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: Matt James Message-Id: <199903261640.LAA10046@fellspt.charm.net> Subject: NON-TMBG: confectionaries Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 11:40:46 -0500 (EST) > "Dr. Worm" wrote: > > > > Hey > > Over here (UK) we just got "limited edition" Smarties - they have > > special purple coloured ones with nasty crappy pineapple shit (and NO > > choccy) inside!!!! > > What is that about? And how does it relate to "A Bug's Life", which > > it's meant to be promoting? > > Perhaps the nasty crappy pineapple shit is meant to emulate the nasty > crappy yellow goo that comes out when you squish a bug...eewwww... > > CN > > P.S. Smarties UK = M&Ms US...right? I believe UK Smarties and Canadian Smarties are the same thing (although the type of chocolate might be slightly different). M&Ms are different. But M&Ms are closer to them than say the American Smarties. ------------------------------ From: sangha@bu.edu Message-ID: <36FB0B4A.BECD52C7@bu.edu> Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 23:21:31 -0500 Subject: TMBG: Rounder Records Is there a connection between Rounder Records and TMBG? I recently got two compliation CDs from them and I keep thinking I saw the name of this label in the discussion. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990326202651.23831.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: Rounder Records Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 12:26:51 PST Sangha wrote: >Is there a connection between Rounder Records and TMBG? I recently >got >two compliation CDs from them and I keep thinking I saw the name of >this >label in the discussion. The TMBG children's album will be released on Rounder Records. John Linnell is also considering releasing the State Songs on this label. -- May you live in interesting times, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ Now playing: An Evening Wasted With Tom Lehrer Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 15:28:16 -0500 Subject: Re: TMBG: Rounder Records Message-ID: <19990326.152823.13414.0.Superman75@juno.com> From: Adam Schaaf hi. >Is there a connection between Rounder Records and TMBG? I recently got >two compliation CDs from them and I keep thinking I saw the name of >this label in the discussion. rounder is their new label. or at least for now. the next album (regular or children's) should be out by them. they aren't on the comp CD are they? your underking of pop trivia, adam schaaf * ------------------------------------------ "It's a strange world, my friend. We're bound to run to each other. Until then, keep your unit on ya." ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 16:07:54 -0500 (EST) From: "Kirsten L. Brodbeck" Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Car Tape Suggestions Message-ID: On Fri, 26 Mar 1999 EmarZero@aol.com wrote: > Mmmm...car tapes... I *personally* like a little punk spice thrown in... I'd > recommend NOFX, (anything off of "Punk In Drublic,") Diesel Boy, Me First And > the Gimme Gimmes, (GREAT punk band, they play nothing but covers of 70's AM > radio rock lite) Yay! Me First and the Gimme Gimmes! I love that band... Kirsten "I am quiet and easy-going, much like the Florida sea cow." --Nick ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 25 Apr 1999 16:59:59 -0400 Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Car Tape Suggestions Message-ID: <19990425.170006.2718.0.Phone_Book@juno.com> From: Renquist L Hedgeloff Kirsten wrote: > > Yay! Me First and the Gimme Gimmes! I love that band... > Forgive me if I'm wrong, but isn't Me First not a serious band, but comprised of several members of other Fat Wreck Chords punk bands? I believe Fat Mike of NOFX is part, among others. Er. I'm not a punk by any stretch of the word, but by being around the type I've listened to and become fond of some of its music, gaining a bit of knowledge as to workings of that social genre; however, my sources are often less than reliable, so if I am wrong may someone inform me of that. EmarZero wrote: > When I'm in a ligher mood, I like TMBG. Also, the Mortal >Kombat albums have some good stuff, and I've recently taken a >shine to KMDFM as driving music. Ewww! KMFDM! Along with an eclectic plethora of punk, my friend Matt's been lowering his karma by driving around with a KMFDM disc lately, and every time I'm with him I'm subjected to it .. aaaaaahhhhhhh....... must they mention themselves in every song? ;) peace, love, and good happiness stuff, jay. ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 19:25:10 -0600 (CST) From: bill tatalovich Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Jimmy Eat World Message-ID: On Thu, 25 Mar 1999 cambot@juno.com wrote: > BTW, I had the opportunity to go to a Jimmy Eat World concert on Monday > night & I got their new album, "Clarity". I really enjoy it & I suggest > that you go & get it if you like Ben Folds Five, emo, or some damn good > music. > > Jimmy Eat World - Clarity. > RATING (OUT OF 5): * * * * 1/2 Well thank god that some other listers have found Jimmy Eat World. As Steve! mentioned, Clarity is their newest album, and I also wholheartedly recommend it to anyone. They're definitely the poppiest and most accessible of most emo music out there, but hey, that makes them easier to listen to, right? Leaps and bounds above _Static Prevails_, in my opinion. Good choice, Steve! The Rev np: v/a -- Post-Marked Stamps (a downright amazing compilation) |~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~| | Reverend Bill Tatalovich | Home page: | | | http://students.cec.wustl.edu/~wt3/ | | wt3@cec.wustl.edu |~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ | personnel@kwur.wustl.edu | | emogeek@hotmail.com | ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 21:55:01 -0800 Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBGcon Message-ID: <19990326.193829.-361801.0.Garrett27@juno.com> From: Garrett M Liggett > >what about l.a., ca??? > I completely agree. ~Garrett ________________________________________________________________ Get secure free e-mail that you don't need Web access to use from Juno, the world's second largest online service. Download your free software at http://www.juno.com/getit.b.html. ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 22:41:50 -0500 (EST) From: "Kirsten L. Brodbeck" Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Car Tape Suggestions Message-ID: On Sun, 25 Apr 1999, Renquist L Hedgeloff wrote: > Forgive me if I'm wrong, but isn't Me First not a serious band, but > comprised of several members of other Fat Wreck Chords punk bands? Yeah, I think so. Their album is loads of fun, though, great mix tape fodder. Even if it's only half an hour long. > Ewww! KMFDM! Along with an eclectic plethora of punk, my friend Matt's > been lowering his karma by driving around with a KMFDM disc lately Heh.. I have fond memories of KMFDM -- my friend Big Tall Travis listened to them all the time when we were at camp together in '97, and used to use his KMFDM Voice to scare away people who were bothering me. He's going to be my bodyguard if I ever need one. :) Kirsten "I am quiet and easy-going, much like the Florida sea cow." --Nick ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #16-27 ******************************