Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #16-28 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 16, Number 28 Sunday, 28 March 1999 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: Rounder Records TMBG: opening band this tour is... Re: TMBG: Rounder Records Re: TMBG: opening band this tour is... TMBG: Russ Josephson please e-mail me..... TMBG: UK/Continental Europe listees - TMBG Live in London vid..... Re: NON-TMBG: Confectionary madness Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: sangha@bu.edu Message-ID: <36FC0C02.3A9B91CB@bu.edu> Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 17:36:50 -0500 Subject: Re: TMBG: Rounder Records >>Is there a connection between Rounder Records and TMBG? I recently got >>two compiliation CDs from them and I keep thinking I saw the name of >>this label in the discussion. >rounder is their new label. or at least for now. the next album >(regular >or children's) should be out by them. they aren't on the comp CD are >they? No, they weren't on the CDs, but the compiliations made me think that Rounder is a really cool label. The two CDs I picked up were Squeeze Play: A World Accordion Anthology and Fall of Man: Calpysos on the Human Condition. The music on both the albums was really great, but what I think what I like most about them was how specific they were in the type of music they were compiling. The Fall Of Man covered the calpysos of trinidad during the 30s and 40s that commented on the state of humanity. Squeeze Play covered a diverse range of accordion music from Europe, the US, and Latin America. I really prefer these types of compiliations to those like world samplers that try to put the music of an entire country on to one CD. Anyway, if I ever ran a record company I'd definately put out compiliation records like Rounder's, probably something like famous love songs sung in Esperanto. ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Sat, 27 Mar 1999 09:28:53 -0700 Subject: TMBG: opening band this tour is... Message-ID: <19990327.092855.16502.0.TMBgirl@juno.com> Yes kids, Michael Shelley wll be opening for the boys on this mini tour which reminds me... if you plan on bootlegging the show, please record Michael's set as well (it shouldn't be >45m). If you don't plan on bootlegging the show, consider it (as for us kids on the west coast, it's our only link to the shows) :) oh yeah... and go buy his albums ("too many movies" "half empty" and cheeky monkey's "four arms to hold you") okay my cheap plugs are done. take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html Up next... VAIL! (V99 baby) snowbaording in the sun, what could be better? :D ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: GhostKrabb@webtv.net (Dexter Flansburgh) Date: Sat, 27 Mar 1999 08:59:39 -0800 (PST) Subject: Re: TMBG: Rounder Records Message-ID: <26604-36FD0E7B-436@mailtod-241.iap.bryant.webtv.net> Rounder has also released material by some pretty cool artists, some of which are very TMBGish. Like one of my favs, Pianosaurus, which is a very good band that I highly reccomend. What's make Pianosaurus interesting is that their music is played on toy instuments. They get some well sounding rythyms and sounds out of those, though. me, Dexburger ------------------------------ From: Jeremy Skrenes Subject: Re: TMBG: opening band this tour is... Message-ID: Date: Sat, 27 Mar 1999 14:13:31 -0500 just got michael's press kit for a tmbg show i'm organizing. i have about six copies of "too many movies," and it's a pretty cool album. definetly check it out. got a bunch of photos and posters too. no bootlegging available from me though, contract forbids anyone that hires tmbg from duplicating the show. guess you'll have to rely on your fans for that one. j * ----------------------------------------- Jeremy Skrenes Email: Jeremy.Skrenes@valpo.edu Valparaiso University ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199903280433.FAA27304@mailhost.dircon.co.uk> Date: Sun, 28 Mar 1999 04:55:18 +0100 From: Joe Keith Subject: TMBG: Russ Josephson please e-mail me..... Russ, Dunno yr address - please e-mail me! Joe Keith ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199903280433.FAA27307@mailhost.dircon.co.uk> Date: Sun, 28 Mar 1999 05:31:45 +0100 From: Joe Keith Subject: TMBG: UK/Continental Europe listees - TMBG Live in London vid..... UK/Continental Europe listees, The time has finally arrived when I have a bit of time to do some copies of the TMBG gig I videoed on 18/01/99 in London. The video is of the whole show barring the last 5 minutes or so (I ran out of tape - sue me!!) Audio and video quality is good (well - I taped it - I'm bound to say that aren't I?) E-mail me personally (NOT the list - I'm not sifting thru x# digests to see if you want a copy) if you're interested. Other listees- you aren't being ignored - I'm trying to sort out getting the vid available to everyone, but current resources means I can only do PAL copies at the moment! Joe ------------------------------ From: Matthew Coon Message-Id: <199903280532.AAA16520@omni.cc.purdue.edu> Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Confectionary madness Date: Sun, 28 Mar 1999 00:32:14 -0500 (EST) > > I came across a peculiar candy bar with which I was not > familiar: the 100 Grand. Packaged rather like Mounds, each wrapper > containes two halves of nutty goodness that is so insurmountably good > that I cannot suppress my desire to spread the word, and this has given > me perfect oppurtunity to do so! Hooray! > > Eat 100 Grands! > I used to love these, but it's just never been the same for me since they changed the name from "$100,000 Bar." I miss the little jingle: "hundred thousand dollar bar... hundred thousand dollar bar..." m@t ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #16-28 ******************************