Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #16-30 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 16, Number 30 Friday, 9 April 1999 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG&NON-TMBG:The Lie and Everything after TMBG: Joshua Fried Spring Things NON-TMBG: newsgroups TMBG: !new tour dates! TMBG: Re: [sloannet] Re: break-up? Re: TMBG: Re: [sloannet] Re: break-up? NON-TMBG: Late night talk shows Re: NON-TMBG: Late night talk shows Re: NON-TMBG: Late night talk shows Re: TMBG: !new tour dates! TMBG: Yahoo! Mail Auto-Reply TMBG: video comp. TMBG: The Awful Truth (The Leffel Menace) Re: TMBG: video comp. Re: TMBG: video comp. Re: TMBG: video comp. Re: TMBG: Rochester show Re: TMBG: video comp. Re: TMBG: Rochester show Re: TMBG: video comp. TMBG: NPR Re: TMBG: video comp. Re: TMBG: video comp. TMBG: Vote Dr. Worm on Total Request Live! Re: TMBG: Vote Dr. Worm on Total Request Live! Re: TMBG: Vote Dr. Worm on Total Request Live! Re: TMBG: Vote Dr. Worm on Total Request Live! Re: TMBG: Vote Dr. Worm on Total Request Live! Re: TMBG: Vote Dr. Worm on Total Request Live! TMBG: i need an address TMBG: Re: Vote Dr. Worm on Total Request Live! Re: TMBG: Re: Vote Dr. Worm on Total Request Live! Re: TMBG: i need an address TMBG: Bad news everyone Re: TMBG: Bad news everyone Re: TMBG: Bad news everyone Re: TMBG: Bad news everyone Re: TMBG: Bad news everyone Re: TMBG: Bad news everyone Re: TMBG: Bad news everyone, Vote Dr. Worm Re: TMBG: Bad news everyone Re: TMBG: Bad news everyone Re: TMBG: Bad news everyone, Vote Dr. Worm Re: TMBG: Bad news everyone Re: TMBG: Rochester show NON-TMBG: Punk's not dead, it lives in yer basement with yer Re: NON-TMBG: Bad news everyone Re: NON-TMBG: Punk's not dead, it lives in yer basement with TMBG: Beware e-mails baring gifts!!!! RE: NON-TMBG: Punk's not dead, it lives in yer basement with yer Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-ID: <19990401163848.36793.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG&NON-TMBG:The Lie and Everything after Date: Thu, 01 Apr 1999 08:38:47 PST Bob Scott wrote: > Well, I've just alienated myself from the universe now. I'll go >back to my cold, heartless calculating. I'm not sure whether to laugh at your post, or to take it as a desperate cry for help. Oh, and I think Uncle Squid might have a virus. I received a message from him with an attachment called "happy99.exe". -- May you live in interesting times, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ Now playing: XTC, White Music Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: joshua@echonyc.com Message-Id: <199904011826.KAA02314@hawk.prod.itd.earthlink.net> Date: Thu, 1 Apr 1999 13:28:12 -0500 Subject: TMBG: Joshua Fried Spring Things I post this to the list because I think it will be of interest. Wrong move? Right move--wrong place? Please let me know and I'll take care of it. NEW YORK Fri. April 9 10pm SHOE MUSIC!! Columbia Interactive Arts Festival THE KITCHEN 512 W 19th 212 255 5793 Admission FREE With Eve Beglarian, Kathy Supove, Kitty Brazelton, others. http://www.music.columbia.edu/fest99/ for reservations. The MUSICAL SHOES are four ordinary shoes mounted upside-down on stands and plugged into electronics which are activated by striking the shoes. No digital samplers are involved--but by opening audio gates the SHOES turn the whole world into a giant sound sampler. This FREE show is 'selling' out FAST. If you have a problem getting tickets via http://www.music.columbia.edu/fest99/, contact joshua@echonyc.com and we'll try to help. * * * BOSTON Sat. May 1st 8pm SHOE MUSIC EventWorks 99/Boston CyberArts Festival Mass College of Art-North Hall 621Huntington Ave 617 232 1555x561 www.massart.edu/~sim/eventworks/festival.html with THURSTONMOORE, others Admission $10 LA Wed. May 12 8pm HEADSET SEXTET, performed by California EAR Unit Los Angeles County Museum of Art 5905 Wilshire Boulevard 323 857 6000 Admission $15 EVERYWHERE Fri. June 18 5pm TRAVELOGUE Live Netcast on Channelp.com Franklin Furnace in collaboration with Pseudo Programs, Inc. channelp.com or franklinfurnace.org 212 971 1990 to request to be in the studio audience To be archived at franklinfurnace.org and channelp.com * * * Joshua Fried emerged from New York's downtown experimental music and East Village performance art scenes of the 1980s. His recent collaboration with choreographer Douglas Dunn, *Spell for Opening the Mouth of N* (featuring eight headphone-driven singer-actors and a dance company of ten), premiered in a sold-out run at The Kitchen, New York, and was one of the highlights of the 1997 Lincoln Center Out-of-Doors Festival. Fried's 30-minute *Welcome to the Ice-Box* (1997), commissioned by Danish Radio, recently premiered on Danish Radio and at Sound/Gallery--25 loudspeakers permanently installed in Copenhagen's main town square. Fried is known for turning technology on its head, challenging its assumptions, while using machines to accentuate the raw human qualities of live events that are unique to the moment. His work partakes equally of minimalism, the rhythmic experimentation of Nancarrow and his followers, sound collage techniques, performance art and popular dance rhythm. In HEADPHONE-DRIVEN PERFORMANCE performers try to imitate vocal sounds that are played over headphones. The performers have never heard these sounds before, and yet they are asked to reproduce the input as it happens--with every word, pitch and expression accurate and *no lag time whatever*. In addition to *Spell...*, Fried's headphone- driven pieces include the six-person *Headset Sextet* and the solo *Travelogue*, dubbed "a downtown classic...a mind-blowing, Hitchcockian t heater piece" by the Village Voice and "a tour de force" by the New York Times. Fried is also known for his invention The Musical Shoes, four ordinary shoes mounted upside-down on stands and plugged into electronics which are activated by striking the shoes. Fried's recording "Jimmy Because," with guest guitarist Fred Frith, was released by Atlantic Records. He is credited as re-mix producer on dance records by They Might Be Giants, Chaka Khan and Ofra Haza. Fried is a recipient of a 1994 National Endowment for the Arts (NEA) Composer's Fellowship and a 1995 New York Foundation for the Arts (NYFA) Fellowship in Emergent Forms. A 1997 MacDowell Colony Fellow and 1998 Yaddo Colony Fellow, Fried was also a 1996 Artist Resident at the Rockefeller Foundation's Bellagio Center on Lake Como, Italy. His work has been presented at Lincoln Center, the Israel Festival (Jerusalem), Music Now Prague, the Bang On A Can Festival, New Music America, ISCM's World Music Days Warsaw, ICC (Tokyo), Cafe de la Danse (Paris), Het Apollohuis (Eindhoven, The Netherlands), Podewil (Berlin), The Heidelberg Experimental Music and Literature Festival, Paradiso, Amsterdam, and the Dutch Royal Palace, plus New York City venues such as Merkin Concert Hall, the Knitting Factory, The Kitchen, The Bottom Line, Limelight, Irving Plaza, Here, P.S. 122, Dixon Place and La MaMa Experimental Theater. +===================================================================+ | This message brought to you by a trial version of MondoMail Pro | | Scriptable Email utility for FileMaker, Tango and AppleScript | | Order MondoMail Pro at . | +===================================================================+ ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199904011905.OAA113740@f04n07.cac.psu.edu> Date: Thu, 01 Apr 1999 14:06:11 -0500 From: Jason Fickley Subject: NON-TMBG: newsgroups Can someone help me with subscribing to newsgroups? I have Windows '98. You can email me off the list. Thanks, --Jason-- ------------------------------ From: LimeZinger@aol.com Message-ID: <67105f8a.3703ca44@aol.com> Date: Thu, 1 Apr 1999 14:34:28 EST Subject: TMBG: !new tour dates! wake up tmbg-list! http://www.pollstar.com/tour/an.cgi?Artist=They+Might+Be+Giants sarah april30!april30!april30! ------------------------------ From: LimeZinger@aol.com Message-ID: <2960a1ae.2435856d@aol.com> Date: Thu, 1 Apr 1999 21:29:01 EST Subject: TMBG: Re: [sloannet] Re: break-up? In a message dated 4/1/99 9:16:03 PM, no1sloanfan@hotmail.com writes: >I just spent 1/2 an hour on the phone with Brian Cook, DJ over at 92 >CITI FM here in Winnipeg. CALM DOWN!!!! He said that on the Buzz, they > >were talking about The ODDS breaking up (still, it's sad) yeah, craig posted this somewhere about 2 weeks ago-- >> Dear all, I left the Odds. I hope it's not forever but it's for now. In everyday terms we'll always work together in some capacity. Our lives were getting so full of amazing opportunities that we decided to pursue those things for awhile. After "awhile" had elapsed I decided that what I was working on needed all my attention to be as good as I wanted it to be. The other guys are OK with this since they too have big muses to follow. We're celebrating my "indefinite sabbatical" with a tour as Sir George Martin's band as he conducts Canda's great symphonies! No Lie! No lie! Really! This will be his retirement celebration. Irony abounds! We're hoping, however, to convince him not to stop. Its a supreme honour to be chosen for this gig and we intend to do it right. After that we'll do anything but retire. There will, no doubt, be a retrospective Odds package that will include hits, favourites, B-sides and new things. We hope to play some shows in support of that when ever that may be. Call us for the right charity functions please! What we're going to do : Steven is enjoying himself as a talented engineer/producer. After a string of successes working with the Tragically Hip, 54-40, and others, he's currently engineering and mixing Marcy Playground's new collection. I've heard some and its mighty fine. He's also been appointed president of Vancouver's legendary Mushroom studios and is bubbling with excitement over the shitload of vintage gear they will soon be installing. He continues to prepare sparkling songs for the future. Doug & Pat are prolific in the studio and on tour with several artists. Most noteably Damn the Diva, Wickham Porteous, and (for Pat) Todd & Dean from "Toad the Wet Sprocket's" new band "Lapdog". They collaborated with me on the score to Bruce McCulloch's directorial debut "Dog Park" (out this year) and we also share an instrumental R&B organ combo with Simon Kendall called "Sharkskin" that is releasing an album in the upcoming months. I've been co-writing songs with a number of people. You can hear me play guitar on a song I wrote for Rosanne Cash's upcoming album. Jesse Valenzuela (ex-Gin Blossom) & I have a whack of songs that have turned into a humble, rootsy, half-recorded album that we'll be finishing up through the upcoming months. Most significantly I've written and demoed my own album and I'm going to record it for you. Perhaps there will be an Odds album without me but I'll kill them if they don't at least ask me first. Please come and see us with Sir George Martin and we'll keep seeing you...guaranteed love Craig Northey Odds << (sorry to get all 'west coast' on here ;)) >and that they > >would be playing a few shows with Sloan before they "officially" call it > >quits. woah!! any info on that? probably just west coast dates, eh? grr.. that would really rock. >This may be old, but someone was looking for the title to the movie that > >Sloan "ripped off" for the SSWSM video. That's Privledge, staring Paul > >Jones (?) of Manfred Mann. Rock star controlled by the church and >government as a way to control the kids, you know the story. there's a little review on it's IMDb page, that's basically a summary. http://us.imdb.com/Details?Privilege+(1967) sarah ------------------------------ From: LimeZinger@aol.com Message-ID: <90b0213b.2435894a@aol.com> Date: Thu, 1 Apr 1999 21:45:30 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: [sloannet] Re: break-up? oh god. ignore that..? i'm so used to typing in THIS address. ::blushes:: well, ... ::runs away:: ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199904020345.WAA61678@f04n01.cac.psu.edu> Date: Thu, 01 Apr 1999 22:46:47 -0500 From: Jason Fickley Subject: NON-TMBG: Late night talk shows Why must Conan and Craig be on at the same time?!? I'm so torn! (well, not really, Conan's better, but I still wish I could watch both in their entirety) What are you all doing to handle the situation? --Jason-- ------------------------------ From: LimeZinger@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Thu, 1 Apr 1999 22:50:37 EST Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Late night talk shows (hopefully i'm not posting this one to sloannet.. ;)) In a message dated 4/1/99 10:47:05 PM, jdf179@psu.edu writes: >Why must Conan and Craig be on at the same time?!? I'm so torn! (well, >not >really, Conan's better, but I still wish I could watch both in their >entirety) What are you all doing to handle the situation? when i get around to doing it, i'll tape both and watch conan (watch craig later)... but sometimes i'm lazy and just watch conan as usual, but resort to watching craig during commercials or slow interviews. sarah ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 01 Apr 1999 23:08:31 -0500 From: Destin Berthelot Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Late night talk shows Message-id: <370442BF.D1D3CEF@rollins.edu> It could be worse. Here in Orlando, Craig now comes on at 3:15 am. After Letterman, there's hard copy, the Roseanne talk show, a rerun of the news, access hollywood, THEN the late late show. Hence, it's not too likely that I'll see it without taping. Beat that with your Conan problem. Conan comes on at 1:30 anyway, so I don't see that much either. I make do with my Daily Show. -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Destin Berthelot | "All persons, http://fox.rollins.edu/~dberthelot/ | living or dead, | are purely They Might Be Giants Visual Discography: | coincidental." http://members.xoom.com/theymightbe/ | -Kurt Vonnegut ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ------------------------------ From: Kreadoubt@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Thu, 1 Apr 1999 23:39:26 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: !new tour dates! In a message dated 4/1/99 12:00:01 PM Pacific Standard Time, LimeZinger@aol.com writes: << wake up tmbg-list! http://www.pollstar.com/tour/an.cgi?Artist=They+Might+Be+Giants sarah >> Thank you Sarah! Damn! Nothing out West! :-( Oh well, they were out here this past September, and i did get to meet both John and John, or was it John and John? Alllllllllll is well...........for now anyways. -kreadoubt "It just seems like, yah know, blabbing to me" JF ------------------------------ From: csinacore@yahoo.com Message-ID: <19990402070940.25423.rocketmail@mta101.yahoomail.com> Date: Thu, 1 Apr 1999 23:09:40 -0800 (PST) Subject: TMBG: Yahoo! Mail Auto-Reply Hello! I am not ignoring you, I am just off from work April 1-April 4. I promise to get back to you as soon as I return, assuming I don't do anything resulting in a mortal wound in honor of my turning a quarter of a century. Christine -------------------- Original Message: Return-Path: Received: from ussintrepid.ufp.org (209.249.106.99) by mta101.yahoomail.com with SMTP; 1 Apr 1999 23:09:39 -0800 Received: from localhost (majordom@localhost) by ussintrepid.ufp.org (8.9.2/8.9.2) with SMTP id CAA29168; Fri, 2 Apr 1999 02:05:18 -0500 (EST) Received: by ussintrepid.ufp.org (bulk_mailer v1.6); Fri, 2 Apr 1999 02:05:01 -0500 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussintrepid.ufp.org (8.9.2/8.9.2) id CAA29141; Fri, 2 Apr 1999 02:04:01 -0500 (EST) Date: Fri, 2 Apr 1999 02:04:01 -0500 (EST) From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Message-Id: <199904020704.CAA29141@ussintrepid.ufp.org> Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #17-1 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 17, Number 1 Friday, 2 April 1999 Today's Topics: TMBG: tmbg-list FAQ Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail _________________________________________________________ DO YOU YAHOO!? Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com ------------------------------ From: Gegatron@aol.com Message-ID: <4d74cdf4.2435d0d0@aol.com> Date: Fri, 2 Apr 1999 02:50:40 EST Subject: TMBG: video comp. one simple question: WHERE THE HELL IS THE VIDEO COMPILATION??!! ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 02 Apr 1999 02:07:35 -0600 From: Bob Scott Message-ID: <37047AC7.CEDF4487@tmbg.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: The Awful Truth (The Leffel Menace) Need I bother? It was April fools, and I, the Jocular Prankster (TM), decided to fabricate the last few months into something they were not. I congratulate the several (i.e. 3) people who caught this amazing revelation and contacted me with your woes and ire. I became frightened and realized the error of my ways. So, as the President... I mean, as a member of this list, please disregard my lies. (I have no political motives, so ignore that reference to the Prez) And on a Leffel note, he's getting a hard drive from a friend (unless that is an April fools joke) at CMU in PA. In other words, he'll be a net-borne contaminant in less than a month, if all goes well. The new comp viruses will be nothing compared to the menace that is Leffel. And he'll have even better special effects than in the first trilogy! bobscott@tmbg.com AKA Bob "Love me?" Scott :) ------------------------------ Message-Id: <4.1.19990402031124.0092d540@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Fri, 02 Apr 1999 03:11:35 -0500 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: video comp. In stores, on April 27th. -Adam At 02:50 AM 4/2/99, Gegatron@aol.com wrote: >one simple question: WHERE THE HELL IS THE VIDEO COMPILATION??!! -- /=---------------- http://www.he-man.org/ctyner/ ----------------=\ http://www.crystal-night.com/~ctyner/tuscadero.html http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ He-Man, Tuscadero, "Weird Al", Yoo-hoo, Killer Tomatoes, & more! ------------------------------ From: LimeZinger@aol.com Message-ID: <650fe2e7.2435d641@aol.com> Date: Fri, 2 Apr 1999 03:13:53 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: video comp. In a message dated 4/2/99 3:12:25 AM, ctyner@CLEMSON.EDU writes: >In stores, on April 27th. oh, adam, april fool's day is technically over. ;) ~sarah ------------------------------ Message-Id: <4.1.19990402032048.00933b10@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Fri, 02 Apr 1999 03:21:27 -0500 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: video comp. At 03:13 AM 4/2/99, LimeZinger@aol.com wrote: > >oh, adam, april fool's day is technically over. ;) No, seriously, April 27th, it's coming out. No kidding. :-) -Adam, still reeling from the live acoustic performance on his radio show....@whee! -- /=---------------- http://www.he-man.org/ctyner/ ----------------=\ http://www.crystal-night.com/~ctyner/tuscadero.html http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ He-Man, Tuscadero, "Weird Al", Yoo-hoo, Killer Tomatoes, & more! ------------------------------ Message-Id: <2.2.32.19990402010134.0184ac30@pop-server.austin.rr.com> Date: Thu, 01 Apr 1999 19:01:34 -0600 From: Mitchell Harding Subject: Re: TMBG: Rochester show At 08:25 PM 3/29/99 EST, you wrote: >Hey all. I need help on getting to this show... can anyone give me directions >on how to get there from like, Albany? Thanks. Here's the only method I can think of: 1) Drive to New York state. 2) Look around for a huge star. 3) That is Albany. 4) Go there. Easy! Harf, Mitch http://ccwf.cc.utexas.edu/~mitcharf/index.html Do you want money? This is probably a scam of some kind, but I can't find the risk: http://www.alladvantage.com/go.asp?refid=ANT153 "The only people for me are the mad ones: mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, who never yawn or say a commonplace thing but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars." - Jack Kerouac ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990402153744.92472.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: video comp. Date: Fri, 02 Apr 1999 07:37:43 PST Gegatron wrote: >one simple question: WHERE THE HELL IS THE VIDEO COMPILATION??!! The fifth circle, I think. Oh, wait. You asked where THE hell it was, not where IN Hell. Sorry. -- May you live in interesting times, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ Now playing: XTC, Go 2 Now eating: Doughnuts and orange juice Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 2 Apr 1999 11:04:31 -0500 Subject: Re: TMBG: Rochester show Message-ID: <19990402.110512.2846.1.captainmarvel2@juno.com> From: Derek A Klein 1) I'm already in New York State 2) I'm about 20 mins from the huge star known as Albany 3) I gotta find out how to get my ass to Rochester FROM Albany. Well, I have a feeling "They Got Lost" is gonna be running through my head the whole trip down there :) Derek "What is everyone staring at?" >>Hey all. I need help on getting to this show... can anyone give me directions on >>how to get there from like, Albany? Thanks. > >Here's the only method I can think of: > >1) Drive to New York state. >2) Look around for a huge star. >3) That is Albany. >4) Go there. > >Easy! ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: Alterian@aol.com Message-ID: <9fedf349.24366605@aol.com> Date: Fri, 2 Apr 1999 13:27:17 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: video comp. woo..April 27th..the day after I get back from my field trip to florida! yay! and 2 days till the TMBG concert..this month is just going to rock. -Amber the Transcendent Mistress ------------------------------ Message-Id: <4.1.19990402145318.0091af00@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Fri, 02 Apr 1999 14:54:32 -0500 From: Adam Tyner Subject: TMBG: NPR Apparently NPR stations have CDs from "This American Life" for people donating money to support the stations, and, as you could probably guess by the fact that I'm bringing this up here, TMBG is featured. I'm guessing it's this song: http://www.thislife.org/ra/special/tmbg.ram -Adam -- /=---------------- http://www.he-man.org/ctyner/ ----------------=\ http://www.crystal-night.com/~ctyner/tuscadero.html http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ He-Man, Tuscadero, "Weird Al", Yoo-hoo, Killer Tomatoes, & more! ------------------------------ From: GhostKrabb@webtv.net (Dexter Flansburgh) Date: Fri, 2 Apr 1999 12:48:36 -0800 (PST) Subject: Re: TMBG: video comp. Message-ID: <5104-37052D24-10365@mailtod-242.iap.bryant.webtv.net> Adam Tyner wrote: In stores, April 27th. Now I'm writing: Big whoop! Tell me when it's gonna' be on the doorsteps of the people who placed an order through the catolog a long time ago. It better be before April 27th, 'cause I don't want somebody to be able to just walk into their local video store, and being able to buy it before it gets to us good people who ordered it a long time ago, and are still awaiting it's arrival. That's not fair! me, Dexburger ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199904022113.QAA110490@f04n07.cac.psu.edu> Date: Fri, 02 Apr 1999 16:14:31 -0500 From: Jason Fickley Subject: Re: TMBG: video comp. Preach on, brotha! :) --Jason-- At 12:48 PM 4/2/99 -0800, Dexter Flansburgh wrote: >Adam Tyner wrote: > In stores, April 27th. >Now I'm writing: >Big whoop! Tell me when it's gonna' be on the doorsteps of the people >who placed an order through the catolog a long time ago. It better be >before April 27th, 'cause I don't want somebody to be able to just walk >into their local video store, and being able to buy it before it gets to >us good people who ordered it a long time ago, and are still awaiting >it's arrival. That's not fair! > me, > Dexburger > ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 2 Apr 1999 17:05:27 -0500 (EST) From: "John J. Ryan" Subject: TMBG: Vote Dr. Worm on Total Request Live! Message-ID: A bunch of us fans are getting a campaign to get Dr. Worm on MTV at least once, not counting the hours between midnight and 6 AM. On April 13th, vote in Dr. Worm on MTV's site, either through the web or on the phone. With everyone's help, we can do this! A while ago, New Kids On The Block were voted in, so why not TMBG? We only need to get them in the top 10! Rememeber, April 13th, starting voting! * John J. Ryan * * Mason Gross School of the Arts - Rutgers University * * STELRFAN@EDEN.RUTGERS.EDU * * http://www.eden.rutgers.edu/~stelrfan * ------------------------------ From: GhostKrabb@webtv.net (Dexter Flansburgh) Date: Fri, 2 Apr 1999 14:20:22 -0800 (PST) Subject: Re: TMBG: Vote Dr. Worm on Total Request Live! Message-ID: <21028-370542A6-10481@mailtod-241.iap.bryant.webtv.net> --WebTV-Mail-1318171927-5500 Content-Type: Text/Plain; Charset=US-ASCII Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7Bit This is a damn good idea! I urge everyone to pitch in. I've been meaning to start something like this myself, but I was too lazy to go through with it. But I guarentee my votes good as cast! Oh yeah, I'm sending this to the TMBG@onelist list so that they can pitch in too! Onelist people, just scroll down to see what's going on. --WebTV-Mail-1318171927-5500 Content-Disposition: Inline Content-Type: Message/RFC822 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7Bit Received: from mailsorter-102-1.iap.bryant.webtv.net (209.240.198.98) by postoffice-241.iap.bryant.webtv.net; Fri, 2 Apr 1999 14:08:49 -0800 (PST) Return-Path: Received: from ussenterprise.ufp.org (ussenterprise.ufp.org [209.249.97.242]) by mailsorter-102-1.iap.bryant.webtv.net (8.8.8/ms.graham.14Aug97) with ESMTP id OAA19770; Fri, 2 Apr 1999 14:08:48 -0800 (PST) Received: from localhost (majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.2/8.9.2) with SMTP id RAA85539; Fri, 2 Apr 1999 17:06:55 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list) Received: by ussenterprise.ufp.org (bulk_mailer v1.6); Fri, 2 Apr 1999 17:05:35 -0500 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.2/8.9.2) id RAA85484 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Fri, 2 Apr 1999 17:05:34 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from er3.rutgers.edu (892@er3.rutgers.edu [165.230.180.141]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.2/8.9.2) with ESMTP id RAA85475 for ; Fri, 2 Apr 1999 17:05:32 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from stelrfan@er3.rutgers.edu) Received: (from stelrfan@localhost) by er3.rutgers.edu (8.8.8/8.8.8) id RAA01891; Fri, 2 Apr 1999 17:05:27 -0500 (EST) Date: Fri, 2 Apr 1999 17:05:27 -0500 (EST) From: "John J. Ryan" X-Sender: stelrfan@er3.rutgers.edu To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Vote Dr. Worm on Total Request Live! In-Reply-To: <199903250704.CAA03978@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Message-ID: MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Reply-To: "John J. Ryan" A bunch of us fans are getting a campaign to get Dr. Worm on MTV at least once, not counting the hours between midnight and 6 AM. On April 13th, vote in Dr. Worm on MTV's site, either through the web or on the phone. With everyone's help, we can do this! A while ago, New Kids On The Block were voted in, so why not TMBG? We only need to get them in the top 10! Rememeber, April 13th, starting voting! * John J. Ryan * * Mason Gross School of the Arts - Rutgers University * * STELRFAN@EDEN.RUTGERS.EDU * * http://www.eden.rutgers.edu/~stelrfan * --WebTV-Mail-1318171927-5500-- ------------------------------ From: LimeZinger@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Fri, 2 Apr 1999 17:13:27 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: Vote Dr. Worm on Total Request Live! In a message dated 4/2/99 5:07:36 PM, stelrfan@eden.rutgers.edu writes: > A while ago, New Kids On The Block >were voted in, so why not TMBG? Oh may i list the ways. > We only need to get them in the top 10! >Rememeber, April 13th, starting voting! > 1) new kids on the block are known to virtually everyone - tmbg are not. 2) the NKOTB thing had a good 3 or 4 months to spread the word. - not less than 2 weeks. 3) MTV has NKOTB videos in their vault. - they might not even HAVE dr. worm. 4) the NKOTB thing was done as a universal joke on mtv, because NKOTB are .. an embarrassing old-died out-trend - "who're they might be giants?" i could go on but i feel like i'm about to become lewis black and start a huge rant. heyyou!, sarah ------------------------------ From: GhostKrabb@webtv.net (Dexter Flansburgh) Date: Fri, 2 Apr 1999 14:37:11 -0800 (PST) Subject: Re: TMBG: Vote Dr. Worm on Total Request Live! Message-ID: <21052-37054697-1099@mailtod-241.iap.bryant.webtv.net> Just have faith Sarah! I think this could happen. If they don't have Dr. Worm, request another video from Them that we've seen on MTV before. This is possible, just believe, and spread the word so that it will happen. I've alread sent that first post about it to another list, as well as alt.music.tmbg. That equals up to a hella bunch of people. I know there's alot of people on this list and there's alot of peope who participate in alt.music.tmbg. So if everyone were to pitch in, that will equal up to alot of votes. We might even get Dr. Worm to #1! me, Dexburger ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990402223923.40021.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "samantha or anything you want" Subject: Re: TMBG: Vote Dr. Worm on Total Request Live! Date: Fri, 02 Apr 1999 14:39:22 PST Listies: > >1) new kids on the block are known to virtually everyone > - tmbg are not. > >2) the NKOTB thing had a good 3 or 4 months to spread the word. > - not less than 2 weeks. > >3) MTV has NKOTB videos in their vault. > - they might not even HAVE dr. worm. > >4) the NKOTB thing was done as a universal joke on mtv, because NKOTB are .. >an embarrassing old-died out-trend > - "who're they might be giants?" > > >i could go on but i feel like i'm about to become lewis black and start a >huge rant. > > >heyyou!, >sarah Going back ... I asked about this a while ago ... they don't have anything that you can choose ... it's like a list of songs that you can choose on TRL. Someone said that when I brought this up. Besides, everyone "loved" NKOTB. Think about it ... do your friends sometimes say "Who are TMBG?", "You still listen to Them?", "Yeah, I used to like them ... 5 years ago" ....??? Yeah, I doubt it can happen, folks. Not to burst your bubbles. MTV is rigged. Emienemnienem (what ever that dudes name is) is one of the ways I see it. And the new VJ contest? Dear god, I wish I was over 18. I want to make it and fuck them up. Have you realized that Jessi is virtually gone? Yeah, he was a joke. As was the NKOTB recomeback TRL. (If I you don't understand any of my initals for things, you're SOL.) love for TMBG, Samantha Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: LimeZinger@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Fri, 2 Apr 1999 17:31:04 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: Vote Dr. Worm on Total Request Live! In a message dated 4/2/99 5:22:47 PM, GhostKrabb@webtv.net writes: >Oh yeah, I'm sending >this to the TMBG@onelist list erm.. isn't everyone on that list on the tmbg list?? ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 1 Apr 1999 21:39:16 -0500 Subject: TMBG: i need an address Message-ID: <19990401.213924.6494.0.Superman75@juno.com> From: Adam Schaaf hi. does anyone have the address of the visual tmbg discography site? i'm trying to find a certain piece of cover art. your underking of pop trivia, adam schaaf * ------------------------------------------ "It's a strange world, my friend. We're bound to run to each other. Until then, keep your unit on ya." ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 02 Apr 1999 22:43:09 -0500 From: Mark Message-ID: <37058E4D.3D8E@ameritech.net> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re: Vote Dr. Worm on Total Request Live! John J. Ryan wrote: > > A bunch of us fans are getting a campaign to get Dr. Worm on MTV at least > once, not counting the hours between midnight and 6 AM. On April 13th, > vote in Dr. Worm on MTV's site, either through the web or on the phone. > With everyone's help, we can do this! A while ago, New Kids On The Block > were voted in, so why not TMBG? We only need to get them in the top 10! > Rememeber, April 13th, starting voting! This won't work- TMBG sent it to them, but MTV rejected the Dr. Worm video. So they don't even have it. ------------------------------ From: Crazysword@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Fri, 2 Apr 1999 23:25:56 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Vote Dr. Worm on Total Request Live! beisselman@ameritech.net writes: << This won't work- TMBG sent it to them, but MTV rejected the Dr. Worm video. So they don't even have it. >> (note to reader...read this message dramaticly) Well, I must say that I am a bit angry at MTV after reading this message. I occasionaly watch MTV and I for one know that anything TMBG does is far better then what always wins on the countdowns they do. I plan on continuing with this idea, just so they know that they rejected one of the greatest....if not the greatest, bands of our time! heck, I'd even say they are the greatest thing to happen in the world of music since the dawn of time! ;-) Jay " who happens to be watching Braveheart too much" ------------------------------ From: GhostKrabb@webtv.net (Dexter Flansburgh) Date: Fri, 2 Apr 1999 22:31:02 -0800 (PST) Subject: Re: TMBG: i need an address Message-ID: <5108-3705B5A6-8623@mailtod-242.iap.bryant.webtv.net> members.xoom.com/theymightbe/index.html ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990403101740.47925.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "eRiCh CaNnOn" Subject: TMBG: Bad news everyone Date: Sat, 03 Apr 1999 02:17:39 PST I don't know if anyone has already pointed this out but someone (I can't recall who) sent us ALL the Happy 99 virus. If you recall it was a little box that opened blasting little fireworks on your screen, what this virus does is it gets into e-mail and attatches itself to EVERY E-MAIL YOU SEND. So when you send one to your friend joe smoe down the road he will get two with the same subject one having the e-mail you wrote the other having the happy 99 virus. It has affected my e-mail so I'm using hotmail, anyone else noticed? I have access to an antecdote I'll let you know when I get it where to find it if you need it. eRiCh Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: GhostKrabb@webtv.net (Dexter Flansburgh) Date: Sat, 3 Apr 1999 02:27:41 -0800 (PST) Subject: Re: TMBG: Bad news everyone Message-ID: <5105-3705ED1D-11619@mailtod-242.iap.bryant.webtv.net> It was the Squid I tell ya'! The Squid! He's a which! HE infected us all with this virus! Let's all form an angry mob with burning steaks and everything and go after him! No, just kidding. That would be mean. Everybody just give him a mean look! Some evil person must have given it to good 'ol Unky Squid, the he passed it on to us. Let's find out who he is, then form a mob after him! Are ya' with me? Oh yeah, I haven't noticed that happening with my mail. Maybe WebTV has some sort of protective thing against that sorta' stuff.Oh, and don't put such negative and worrysome subject liners. You should have written "happy99 virus" or something. When I saw "Bad news everyone," I thought that one of the Johns dies or something (God forbid). I hope that day never comes, tho. me, Dexburger ------------------------------ From: GhostKrabb@webtv.net (Dexter Flansburgh) Date: Sat, 3 Apr 1999 02:32:16 -0800 (PST) Subject: Re: TMBG: Bad news everyone Message-ID: <5103-3705EE30-13288@mailtod-242.iap.bryant.webtv.net> eRiCh wrote: ...So when you send one to your friend joe smoe... Now I'm writing: How'd you know I had a friend named Joe Smoe?! Oooooh, Joe isn;t gonna' like this virus, or the fact his true identity has been revealed to the list. He likes the very mysterious mentality he has about himself with his alias... Bob Scott. me, Dexburger ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990403144416.18618.rocketmail@web312.yahoomail.com> Date: Sat, 3 Apr 1999 06:44:16 -0800 (PST) From: Talcott Starr Subject: Re: TMBG: Bad news everyone Well, I don't know if Yahoo has set up a filter against the virus (it wouldn't be hard, but I never got it. Did anyone else avoid getting it? === |\_________\ | Co-Owner of ThetaSoft| | \|___ ___| | http://members.xoom.com/ThetaSoft | || | |-----------------------------------| || | "If you can't see dreams, your eyes are blind" || | -Moxy Fruvous- "Fly" \|___|ALCOTT STARR _________________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <000901be7de9$cebe9100$a2b3a4c1@squid> From: "Uncle Squid" Subject: Re: TMBG: Bad news everyone Date: Sat, 3 Apr 1999 16:50:58 +0100 Peeps, sorry about the virus stuff, I had no idea what the happy99 attachment I recieved was (I just thought it was a cool fireworks thing). Here's what I found out about it... Please note, anything written below means nothing to me as I'm not that good at all this stuff, if someone translates this into layman's terms, it'd be nice to hear it. NAME: Ska ALIAS: Happy99, WSOCK32.SKA, SKA.EXE, I-Worm.Happy, PE_SKA, Happy SIZE: 10000 Win32/Ska.A is a Win32-based e-mail and newsgroup worm. It displays fireworks when executed first time as Happy99.exe. (Normally this file arrives as an e-mail attachment to a particular PC, or it is downloaded from a newsgroup.) When the Happy99.exe file has been executed, every e-mail and newsgroup posting sent from the machine will cause a second message to be sent. This will contain the same sender and recipient information but contains no text, just the Happy99.exe file itself as an attachment. Since people will usually receive Happy99.exe from someone they know (as you normally get e-mail from someone you know), people tend to trust this attachment, and run it. When executed first time, it creates SKA.EXE and SKA.DLL in the system directory. SKA.EXE is a copy of HAPPY99.EXE. SKA.DLL is packed inside SKA.EXE. After this Ska creates a copy of WSOCK32.DLL as WSOCK32.SKA in the system directory. Then it tries to patch WSOCK32.DLL so that its export entries for two functions will point to new routines (to the worm's own functions) inside the patched WSOCK32.DLL. If WSOCK32.DLL is in use, Ska.A modifies the registry's RunOnce entry to execute SKA.EXE during next boot-up. (When executed as SKA.EXE it does not display the firework, just tries to patch WSOCK32.DLL until it is not used.) "Connect" and "Send" exports are patched in WSOCK32.DLL. Thus the worm is able to see if the local user has any activity on network. When "Connect" or "Send" APIs are called, Ska loads its SKA.DLL containing two exports: "news" and "mail". Then it spams itself to the same newsgroups or same e-mail addresses where the user was posting or mailing to. It maps SKA.EXE to memory and converts it to uuencoded format and mails an additional e-mail or newsgroup post with the same header information as the original message but containing no text but just an attachment called Happy99.exe. Therefore Happy99 is not limited like the Win32/Parvo virus which is unable to use a particular news server when the user does not have access to it. The worm also maintains a list of addresses it has posted a copy of itself. This is stored in a file called LISTE.SKA. (The number of entries are limited in this file.) The worm contains the following encrytped text which is not displayed: Is it a virus, a worm, a trojan? MOUT-MOUT Hybrid (c) Spanska 1999. The mail header of the manipulated mails will contain a new field called "X-Spanska: YES". Normally this header field is not visible to receivers of the message. Since the worm does not check WSOCK32.DLL's attribute, it can not patch it if it is set to read only. Please note that after disinfection of this worm you will have to rename WSOCK32.SKA back to WSOCK32.DLL in \WINDOWS\SYSTEM folder to restore all original Winsock internet capabilities. [Analysis: Peter Szor, Data Fellows] ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 3 Apr 1999 11:28:19 -0500 Subject: Re: TMBG: Bad news everyone Message-ID: <19990403.112821.3046.0.captainmarvel2@juno.com> From: Derek A Klein I didn't get it either, most likely due to the fact that this version of Juno doesn't allow e-mail attachment to get thru. Never thought I'd be happy about that. Derek "What is everyone staring at?" >Did anyone else avoid getting it? ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 3 Apr 1999 11:41:14 -0500 Subject: Re: TMBG: Bad news everyone, Vote Dr. Worm Message-ID: <19990403.114237.10046.1.hotel_detective1@juno.com> From: e f rae A virus eh? Well, is hasn't affected my e-mail particularly - but then, I have Juno and can't receive file attachments, although that particular message had a bunch of garble in it - but my computer (brand-freakin-new sonofabitching machine) stopped working yesterday, which was around the time of the infamous happyninetynine... could this be related to the virus? Either way, anyone out there think they could help me fix my ailing computer? It keeps saying I have a non-system disk error - like when you turn on the computer and there's still a disk in - but there's no disk in at all. Someone Please Help Me, I'm getting pissed as a newt here. On another note, on the whole voting TMBG to Total Request thing (using the hypothetical situation that MTV actually had Dr. Worm), I think that if an infinite amount of TMBG fans voting with an infinite number of phone calls, e-mails, letters for an infinite amount of time would never be able to overrule the drooling fans of all the crappy pop/metal/whatever groups that have a choke hold over America. I recall over the summer, a rather large group of Ben Folds Five fans attempted the same, trying to get the video for "Uncle Walter" on - and it didn't work. Perhaps I'm pessimistic - I prefer to see myself as realistic. Feh, MTV sucks. ever-sincere, eriKa, tell the folks at home what you're doing Roger... "It's been cool to be cool for too long now and now it's cool not to be cool." - Ben Folds ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Sat, 3 Apr 1999 09:34:42 -0700 Subject: Re: TMBG: Bad news everyone Message-ID: <19990403.094410.3446.0.TMBgirl@juno.com> >Well, I don't know if Yahoo has set up a filter against the virus (it >wouldn't be hard, but I never got it. Did anyone else avoid getting >it? Does yahoo allow you to open attachments? cuz Juno doesn't (unless you have juno gold... but remember e-mail was meant to be free) so there's no way taht any of us freebie-mooching mail people get it! YAY!! take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199904031651.LAA29314@fellspt.charm.net> From: "Matt James" Date: Sat, 3 Apr 1999 11:28:06 -0500 Subject: Re: TMBG: Bad news everyone I got the Happy99.exe but fortunately when it was put on my computer Norton Antivirus detected the virus and erradicated it (at least it seems that it did, I will check for SKA.* files on Monday). Fortunately, it was at work where I have the Antivirus, I don't have that at home. I should probably go out and buy it. -Matt Matt James mattj@charm.net ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 3 Apr 1999 11:51:15 -0500 Subject: Re: TMBG: Bad news everyone, Vote Dr. Worm Message-ID: <19990403.115118.2862.0.captainmarvel2@juno.com> From: Derek A Klein My guess is that they stopped paying attention to the votes LONG ago. They just play the same friggin videos for about 5 months, then they switch the order around and pass that off as "new". Derek "What is everyone staring at?" >I think that if an infinite amount of TMBG fans voting with an infinite number of >phone calls, e-mails, letters for an infinite amount of time would never be able to >overrule the drooling fans of all the crappy pop/metal/whatever groups that have a >choke hold over America. ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 03 Apr 1999 12:32:54 -0600 From: Bob Scott Message-ID: <37065ED6.3904CE65@tmbg.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: Bad news everyone Dexter Flansburgh wrote: > eRiCh wrote: > ...So when you send one to your friend joe smoe... > Now I'm writing: > How'd you know I had a friend named Joe Smoe?! Oooooh, Joe isn;t gonna' > like this virus, or the fact his true identity has been revealed to the > list. He likes the very mysterious mentality he has about himself with > his alias... Bob Scott. > me, > Dexburger You will pay!!! When happy2000 comes around, you'll feel the wrath of my pastry-swilling wigs! bobscott@tmbg.org AKA Bob "Netscape messenger doesn't automatically open attachments, so no virus here..." Scott ------------------------------ Message-Id: <2.2.32.19990403184016.0108bb94@pop-server.austin.rr.com> Date: Sat, 03 Apr 1999 12:40:16 -0600 From: Mitchell Harding Subject: Re: TMBG: Rochester show At 11:04 AM 4/2/99 -0500, you wrote: >1) I'm already in New York State >2) I'm about 20 mins from the huge star known as Albany >3) I gotta find out how to get my ass to Rochester FROM Albany. It is my understanding that stars have fairly strong gravitational fields. Get a wagon (with well-oiled wheels), point it towards Albany, sit in it, and you should be there in no time. Harf, Mitch http://ccwf.cc.utexas.edu/~mitcharf/index.html Do you want money? This is probably a scam of some kind, but I can't find the risk: http://www.alladvantage.com/go.asp?refid=ANT153 "The only people for me are the mad ones: mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, who never yawn or say a commonplace thing but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars." - Jack Kerouac ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 3 Apr 1999 13:49:48 -0500 Subject: NON-TMBG: Punk's not dead, it lives in yer basement with yer Message-ID: <19990403.135129.9998.0.hotel_detective1@juno.com> From: e f rae Okay, so, I don't mean to interrupt anything, but I was asked to plug this show everywhere I could, and I'm there's got to be a couple other Ohioans on this list so...well, you know. This is non-TMBG related, so feel free to stop reading now. But I was asked, so I have to perform my duties... Hey! Do you like Punk and Ska? Are you gonna be in Ohio on Tuesday, April 6th, particularly in the Akron-Canton area? Do you have eleven bucks and an extra pair of pants? Then come on down to the Canton Palace Theater, April 6th at 7 o'clock! Christian ska-punk band *Five Iron Frenzy* will be head-lining one awesome show, accompanied by Switchfoot, Smiley Kids and Canton's very own *RELIENT K* - Punk rock for today's modern executive! Admission will be $11 at the door and, if you bring some extra pants, they'll be donated to the needy (because we all need pants, don't we?). IT WILL BE RAD. For more info call (330) 874-2189 or e-mail Relientque@aol.com. Hope to see you there! Okay, that's all. Thanks to anyone who actually read it, even if you can't go. Being a Den Mother to a punk band is hard... ever-sincere, eriKa, "After this show, we're gonna go home and cry to our moms." "I'm gonna go and cry to his mom." "Yeah, 'cause your mom doesn't like you." ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990403194058.98840.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Bad news everyone Date: Sat, 03 Apr 1999 11:40:57 PST Talcott Starr wrote: >Well, I don't know if Yahoo has set up a filter against the virus (it >wouldn't be hard, but I never got it. Did anyone else avoid getting >it? I received it, but I didn't execute it. Are some mail programs set up to automatically run attachments? That's pretty stupid. I'm glad Hotmail doesn't work that way. -- May you live in interesting times, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Sat, 3 Apr 1999 12:50:54 -0700 Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Punk's not dead, it lives in yer basement with Message-ID: <19990403.125104.4366.0.TMBgirl@juno.com> >Then come on down to the Canton Palace Theater, April 6th at 7 >o'clock! Christian ska-punk band *Five Iron Frenzy* will be >head-lining one awesome show Heehee... yeah colorado bands! haha.. lets see, we've got FIF and Big Head Todd. woohoo. Somebody told me that the apples in stereo are from denver but no one here paid any attention to 'em. Anyways, FIF is a bunch of really groovy kids, and pretty good friends of mine and my ex-bf opie's... i'd say go check this show out if you can just cuz i like to spread the word about bands that ya know... we pulled up from playing in garage's and tiny churches and stuff out in the burbs of d-town. oh yeah... i'd also like to say that FIF is by no means punk. THERE ARE ONLY FOUR TRUE PUNK BANDS! (i'm talking along the lines of the sex pistols and the ramones but whatever)... i'll leave my ranting to myself. I spose you can label them in the latest skunk genre. take it easy, JOrdaN, no religious affiliation mind you. http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html AOL IM: TMBgirl ICQ: 5384586 ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-ID: <001a01be7e10$d8649700$a0b3a4c1@squid> From: "Uncle Squid" Subject: TMBG: Beware e-mails baring gifts!!!! Date: Sat, 3 Apr 1999 21:30:10 +0100 People, There are some really evil b*stards out there. By this I mean virus makers. One I have come across recently is the ska virus. It is a Trojan virus, meaning that it makes every e-mail you send, piggy back an attachment along with whatever you send. This file is called happy99.exe. DO NOT OPEN THE HAPPY99.EXE FILE. It will infect your e-mail system. It is only if you run the happy99.exe file that you will be infected, if you have this file on your computer but have not run it yet then you are safe from it's evil. If you have already been infected, visit the following URL for instructions on how to rid yourself of this pest. http://www.pspl.com/trojan_info/win32/happy99.htm To all those of whom were infected via me (anyone I've mailed in the past four days), I am very sorry, I was not aware that my computer was a carrier and I assure you all that I am not patient zero. I hope the past instructions/info are adequate reparation. Thank you -- Uncle Squid: He's got a nice body, he's wearing velvet pants... Uncle Squid's new site: www.keme.net/~thelimes/uncle_squid/ Other sites by Uncle Squid: http://members.xoom.com/_out_there_/ ||| ICQ: 12605535 ||| Tel: (01206) 502043 ||| Fax: (01206) 514682 ||| ------------------------------ Message-ID: <93C01F5B27C4D111976B0060970764E80B5634@ALPHA1000> From: "Webber, Eric" Subject: RE: NON-TMBG: Punk's not dead, it lives in yer basement with yer Date: Sat, 3 Apr 1999 17:27:34 -0500 ELEVEN BUCKS!!! sheesh, punks not dead, just expensive -Wubba > -----Original Message----- > From: e f rae [mailto:hotel_detective1@juno.com] > Sent: Saturday, April 03, 1999 1:50 PM > To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org > Subject: NON-TMBG: Punk's not dead, it lives in yer basement with yer > deadbeat brother > > > Okay, so, I don't mean to interrupt anything, but I was asked to plug > this show everywhere I could, and I'm there's got to be a couple other > Ohioans on this list so...well, you know. This is non-TMBG related, so > feel free to stop reading now. But I was asked, so I have to > perform my > duties... > > > > Hey! Do you like Punk and Ska? Are you gonna be in Ohio on > Tuesday, April > 6th, particularly in the Akron-Canton area? Do you have > eleven bucks and > an extra pair of pants? > > Then come on down to the Canton Palace Theater, April 6th at > 7 o'clock! > Christian ska-punk band *Five Iron Frenzy* will be head-lining one > awesome show, accompanied by Switchfoot, Smiley Kids and Canton's very > own *RELIENT K* - Punk rock for today's modern executive! > Admission will > be $11 at the door and, if you bring some extra pants, > they'll be donated > to the needy (because we all need pants, don't we?). IT WILL BE RAD. > > For more info call (330) 874-2189 or e-mail > Relientque@aol.com. Hope to > see you there! > > > > Okay, that's all. Thanks to anyone who actually read it, even if you > can't go. Being a Den Mother to a punk band is hard... > > ever-sincere, > eriKa, > "After this show, we're gonna go home and cry to our moms." > "I'm gonna go and cry to his mom." > "Yeah, 'cause your mom doesn't like you." > > ___________________________________________________________________ > You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. > Get completely free e-mail from Juno at > http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html > or call Juno at (800) > 654-JUNO [654-5866] > ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #16-30 ******************************