Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #16-42 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 16, Number 42 Thursday, 15 April 1999 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: Today's the big day! Re: TMBG: Today's the big day!/TMBG videos/Rocko TMBG: non-tmbg: big fat cow! BIG FAT COW! TMBG: Re: Introductions Re: TMBG: Today's the big day! Re: TMBG: Today's the big day! Re: TMBG: Today's the big day! Re: TMBG: Today's the big day! Re: TMBG: BIRDHOUSE: Communist Prayer or Hindu Voodoo Curse? Re: TMBG: Today's the big day! Re: TMBG: Today's the big day! Re: TMBG: Today's the big day! Re: TMBG: BIRDHOUSE: Communist Prayer or Hindu Voodoo Curse? NON-TMBG: Brian Unger everywhere! Re: NON-TMBG: Brian Unger everywhere! Re: NON-TMBG: Brian Unger everywhere! TMBG: This goes out to all my homies in beverly hills. TMBG: I'm never more dangerous than when I'm dead! Re: TMBG: Today's the big day! Re: TMBG: I'm never more dangerous than when I'm dead! TMBG: Carrie 2: The Rage ST Re: TMBG: I'm never more dangerous than when I'm dead! Re: TMBG: Today's the big day! Re: NON-TMBG: Today's the big day! Re: TMBG: Today's the big day! Re: TMBG:Instanbul in the Matrix? TMBG: Busta Rhymes, Janet Jackson, and the Johns, together at last! Re: TMBG: Today's the big day! TMBG: Re: One Of My More Guilty Pleasures... TMBG: BGSU Re: NON-TMBG: Brian Unger everywhere! TMBG: Re: Today's the big day/cloquet Re: TMBG: Today's the big day! -Reply TMBG: Re: Cloquet, center of the known universe. TMBG: Re: Today's the big day/cloquet Re: TMBG: Re: Cloquet, center of the known universe. Re: TMBG: Re: Cloquet, I was wrong, it's an ordinary day Re: TMBG: Re: Cloquet, center of the known universe. Re: TMBG: Re: Cloquet, I was wrong, it's an ordinary day Re: TMBG: Introductions Re: TMBG: Today's the big day! Re: NON-TMBG: Brian Unger everywhere! Re: NON-TMBG: Brian Unger everywhere! Re: TMBG: Introductions Re: NON-TMBG: Brian Unger everywhere! TMBG: Help! Important Deadline Re: TMBG: Help! Important Deadline Re: TMBG: Help! Important Deadline TMBG: Fabio!? Yer all sick sick sick! RE: TMBG: Help! Important Deadline TMBG: TMBG in Decator Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 17:55:42 -0500 Subject: Re: TMBG: Today's the big day! Message-ID: <19990413.180842.-197383.0.unforgotten@juno.com> From: Darryl K Rushing You're the only geek at your school? What a shame. I'm the only one in mine. Maybe we should team up to spread our geekiness to all the world! Then they will know the truth! hahaha ~Darryl "I don't feel creative enough to come up with a middle name" Rushing On Tue, 13 Apr 1999 17:38:03 -0400 e f rae writes: >Bob inquired: >Hooray for geeks! I'm the only geek at my school... it's a lonely job. > > >ever-sincere, >eriKa, >oh gawd, my ankles are swelling! Get me a pickle milkshake! > >"It's been cool to be cool for too long now and now it's cool not to >be cool." - Ben Folds > >___________________________________________________________________ >You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get >completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html >or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 19:05:51 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: Today's the big day!/TMBG videos/Rocko Message-ID: <19990413.190604.3270.0.hotel_detective1@juno.com> From: e f rae Karen "I can probably fix that" Riley asked: > P.S. Any Rocko's Modern Life fans on here? :-) Yes! In fact, I just saw that episode today. My favorite is the one where Heffer (that's Tom Kenny? no kidding. that's even better than the B52s doing the theme) sells his soul to be on some game shows. teehee, Peaches. That or the one with all the references to The Shining (how many little kids have seen that movie? which makes me ask - didja ever notice how a lot of jokes in cartoons would go way over little kids' heads?). More Karen "This place could use a bathroom" Riley: >Remember "The Spice Girls"? The only remnant of them that's left at my >daughter's middle school is the high shoes. And Lam nearly broke her neck the >other day, when she tried to walk across the room with her pair untied!... Yeah, Hanson kinda disappeared. Not that I'm complaining or anything... I've already got my own battles to wage with Britney Spears at the moment to bother with those little Oklahoma boys. As for the high shoes, the same happened to my sister the other day - she sprained her ankle taking a walk in her pair (by the way, Lamberly's a neat name ). Dexter complimented: >In fact, you guys are the most briliant bunch of people I've ever met! Aw, thanks. I'm touched. Then sarah said: >we're too weird. :) Aw, thanks. I'm touched. ever-sincere, eriKa, big fat cow! BIG FAT COW!! "It's been cool to be cool for too long now and now it's cool not to be cool." - Ben Folds ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 17:16:11 -0600 (MDT) From: Jim Kuemmerle Subject: TMBG: non-tmbg: big fat cow! BIG FAT COW! Message-ID: On Tue, 13 Apr 1999, the evil evil cap'n raisin box wrote: > ever-sincere, > eriKa, > big fat cow! BIG FAT COW!! somebody who used to post every so often (who was it?? i know i'll kick myself when i find out) used to have a sig that says "got no pants? cow don't care." bonus points if you know what the reference there is... --jim kuemmerle, who thought the "don't touch it! it's evil!" subject was about brittany spears, but only because he wasn't reading with the appropriate english accent... j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668/ 4/17 -- GLADE at the burt's tiki lounge, 753 S 100 E, 10 pm. $0 4/20 -- GLADE at a cup of joe, 356 W 200 S, SLC, 9 pm $0 ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 15:27:44 -0400 From: The Great Quux Message-ID: <37139AB0.1065B7C5@stardatecomputer.com> Organization: Stardate Computer Systems Subject: TMBG: Re: Introductions Darryl K Rushing wrote: > Hello everyone, > I'm basically new to this mailing list, although I'm not new at all when > it comes to TMBG. I've only listened to Them for about 4 years or so. My Ho ho ho! Welcome! I can't do that though, as this is my first post to this list also. I thought it was only a list-version of the newsgroup alt.music.tmbg until our colleague sarah informed me otherwise. Now I have another place to ask "WHEN will the MP3 album be out?!?" constantly. -- Mike Russo, www.walrus.com/~stardate, Brooklyn, NY -- I don't want a goldfish, I want a dog! ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 19:47:30 -0400 (EDT) From: "Kirsten L. Brodbeck" Subject: Re: TMBG: Today's the big day! Message-ID: > i'm also a huge terry gilliam fan, in response to the other posts today. I'll join the chorus of fans -- "Brazil" and "12 Monkeys" top my list of favorite movies. Kirsten I knew you in another life You were the tears I used to cry Now you're the storm inside the waves When you touch me I float away. - David Garza ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 19:58:07 -0400 (EDT) From: "Kirsten L. Brodbeck" Subject: Re: TMBG: Today's the big day! Message-ID: On Tue, 13 Apr 1999 LimeZinger@aol.com wrote: > there's a local dj here on wber named "special ed." and i still think that's > my favourite dj handle ever. Here at Kalamazoo College we have MC Escher and MC Leper. :) Kirsten ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 19:13:12 -0500 From: Bob Scott Message-ID: <3713DD98.C3B95DD3@tmbg.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: Today's the big day! LimeZinger@aol.com wrote: > In a message dated 4/13/99 3:41:59 PM, bobscott@TMBG.ORG writes: > > >> hey, i said ms, not mrs! ;) you've plenty to learn, mr. dex. > > > > I suppose this means you're not having my baby? > > oh well. i can still do that. ;) Why do I never get a chance to discuss things like this with anyone? This is baby number 23 (The Title of my new album:)! > > Back to the TRL thing, has anyone seen Don't Let's Start on MTV ever? > > some people claim to. i don't think i have, although i may have. pre-Real > World MTV memories are quite a blur. but i found an old mtv tape once in my > parents' room. why the hell did my dad make an mtv tape? what was he > thinking? err.. it had david lee roth on it. i pressed "stop." I think Leffel said that while in his coma, David Lee Roth was always there to torment him in his long, dark teatime of the soul... > >I > >think this one might have been even a longer shot than Dr. Worm (Which > >I still > >can't understand why they would just turn down altogether, making even > >M2 not > >show it). > > because it wasn't directed by McG, see (((actually i think the criteria to be > on mtv now is 1) have your video directed by McG; 2) have your video directed > by Hype Williams; 3) sacrifice a cute male friend for hot gay sex with Carson > Daly; 4) be Korn )))? ...which brings to mind the illusion of McG > directing a TMBG video.. ROTFLMAO.. for some reason, i instantly pictured > Linnell standing on a car at night, outside an illuminated convenient store; > wearing a black sequiney suit jacket & pants; with a matching black sequinney > mexican hat... playing the accordian... scantilly clad belly dancers wearing > various pastel coloured outfits... flans in a shiny white suit jacket, > playing his E guitar (that's what i call it, you know what it is, don't make > me explain) and rockin'... walking through the dancing ladies... The day that TMBG becomes Rob Zombie is the day I start to enjoy the concept of dying a slow and painful death... Or the idea that the Matrix will be a good movie (though it does LOOK neato, Keanu Reeves cannot expand his acting ability). > YICK! no! give me Don "order my package" Lapre over that ANYday! yikes! :) Speaking of that, I'll mention something else... Did that Harvey Danger video directed (?) by Flansburgh ever even get on MTV (I think it was titled "Private Helicopter" or something)? I only recall people mentioning it, but never mentioning it airing. Bob "Ultron!" Scott ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 19:17:29 -0500 From: Bob Scott Message-ID: <3713DE99.A158D7BA@tmbg.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: Today's the big day! LimeZinger@aol.com wrote: > > Dexburger, who doesn't care if he's in Special Ed, 'cause > > me say I briliant. > > there's a local dj here on wber named "special ed." and i still think that's > my favourite dj handle ever. I once named a character in a story I was writing Dave Swan. Then I flipped on the radio a couple months later just in time to hear the DJ Dave Swan signing off. Of course, this was much like the time that I named a character Frank Herbert, and then realized that I had inadvertently read the name on Dune every time I glanced at the book on my shelf. Because of these things, I have declared myself shut off from all outer distractions, except for TV, the net, radio, books, the outdoors, and anything else basically. Bob "I thought you said we had a deal!" Scott ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 19:24:51 -0500 From: Bob Scott Message-ID: <3713E052.E6834B0A@tmbg.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: BIRDHOUSE: Communist Prayer or Hindu Voodoo Curse? e f rae wrote: > me: > > "More witches!" > > Bob: > >But how can you tell a witch? > > If she floats like wood and weighs less than a duck... er sumthing. > > Damn, I can't remember that line. I knew it an hour ago. Arr. Build a bridge out of her!! > > > Mike Leffel's stolen my memory! and your heart! :P Bob "Get your stinking paws off me, you damn, dirty ape!" Scott ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 20:23:58 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: Today's the big day! Message-ID: <19990413.202510.11974.0.hotel_detective1@juno.com> From: e f rae Unforgotten Darryl wrote: >You're the only geek at your school? What a shame. I'm the only one in mine. >Maybe we should team up to spread our geekiness to all the world! Then they >will know the truth! hahaha Aye, being the only geek is what drove me to pirating. I used to be an outgoing, little sprite of a girl - I never intended to be an evil pirate. It's not me - society's to blame. Geeks make good navigators. You'll be a valuable asset to the team. Ar. ever-sincere, eriKa, launch the irate ferret ships! "It's been cool to be cool for too long now and now it's cool not to be cool." - Ben Folds ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 20:35:46 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: Today's the big day! Message-ID: <19990413.203548.11974.1.hotel_detective1@juno.com> From: e f rae Bob Scott inquired: >Speaking of that, I'll mention something else... Did that Harvey Danger video >directed (?) by Flansburgh ever even get on MTV (I think it was titled "Private >Helicopter" or something)? I only recall people mentioning it, but never >mentioning it airing. Yes! I've seen it twice. It's not bad. It's not quite as "catchy" as Flagpole Sitta, so MTV doesn't like it. ever-sincere, eriKa, I'm getting interference from a gay weather balloon "It's been cool to be cool for too long now and now it's cool not to be cool." - Ben Folds ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: Kaylum@aol.com Message-ID: <81019410.24453051@aol.com> Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 19:42:09 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Today's the big day! In a message dated 4/13/99 5:22:12 PM EST, GhostKrabb@webtv.net writes: << You know what would've been cool? If They came to us, the people/fans to decide all their video plots and stuff. I mean, we do have alot of very imaginative people on this list. In fact, you guys are the most briliant bunch of people I've ever met! They should get more suggestions from their fans, don't you think? >> Well, I know y'all are gonna think I'm nuts, but I've got this idea stuck in my head that Gloria Estefan did a cover and video of "No One Knows My Plan"--it's got that cool Latin beat, and it would make a kickass anthem for the Cuban exile community down here. The Johns could even have a cameo in the video...in a Cuban coffee shop, of course ;] Maybe I've just been stuck in Miami too long. And yes, that's just one of the many TMBG videos I create in my head on a regular basis. Kay ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 20:43:11 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: BIRDHOUSE: Communist Prayer or Hindu Voodoo Curse? Message-ID: <19990413.204315.11974.2.hotel_detective1@juno.com> From: e f rae Bob quoted: >Build a bridge out of her!! Yeah, that'll do. me: > Mike Leffel's stolen my memory! Bob: >and your heart! :P No! Perish the thought! Only one has my heart, and he's got feathers and selflessly cares for kittens. ever-sincere, eriKa, "bring out yer dead!" "It's been cool to be cool for too long now and now it's cool not to be cool." - Ben Folds ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 21:09:22 -0400 Subject: NON-TMBG: Brian Unger everywhere! Message-ID: <19990413.210924.3550.0.hotel_detective1@juno.com> From: e f rae Yeesh, first the Eggo commercial, now Yoohoo! Brian Unger is everywhere! Maybe he'll join my pirate team... So what's this week's Futurama/TMBG reference? ever-sincere, eriKa, "It's been cool to be cool for too long now and now it's cool not to be cool." - Ben Folds ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-Id: <4.1.19990413215635.00938230@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 21:57:07 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Brian Unger everywhere! At 09:09 PM 4/13/99, e f rae wrote: > >Yeesh, first the Eggo commercial, now Yoohoo! Brian Unger is everywhere! Audio and video from those commercials will be up on my Yoo-hoo site at http://hubcap.clemson.edu/~ctyner/yoohoo/ very soon. :-) -Adam -- /=---------------- http://www.he-man.org/ctyner/ ----------------=\ http://www.crystal-night.com/~ctyner/tuscadero.html http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ He-Man, Tuscadero, "Weird Al", Yoo-hoo, Killer Tomatoes, & more! ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3713C1B7.806082C4@osu.edu> Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 22:14:16 +0000 From: Diana Kocar Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Brian Unger everywhere! e f rae wrote:. > > So what's this week's Futurama/TMBG reference? > Awww, I forgot to watch the show this week so I could look for one! I'll bet there was one, and everybody missed it or failed to mention it due to the recent events on the list as a result of that...but I'm telling you, next time I watch, I'll find one. :-) Diana ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 21:13:16 -0500 From: Mike Leffel Message-ID: <3713F9BB.6108285@dragondata.com> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: This goes out to all my homies in beverly hills. > Bob Scott took off his Harlan Ellison Nightgown just in time to say: > >Speaking of that, I'll mention something else... Did that Harvey Danger > video > >directed (?) by Flansburgh ever even get on MTV > Then my precious memory bank said: > Yes! I've seen it twice. It's not bad. It's not quite as "catchy" as > Flagpole Sitta, so MTV doesn't like it. > I swear... I cannot express my anger... my HATRED.. my absolute SELF-URINATION for the word 'sittah' enough. Listening to DJ's constantly say 'sittah'. Listening to television advertisements saying 'sittah'. Listening to women and men saying 'sittah'. Watching Bib Bird spell out 'sittah' to some new punk streetwise human they sure as hell didn't have living on that street years ago, huggin ELMO WHICH IS A PIECE OF CRAP CHARACTER IN THE FIRST PLACE! **IT'S SITT-ER, YOU IDIOTIC PRETTY BOY BAND MORONS! GO BACK TO HELL WHERE YOU CAME FROM YOU MANUFACTURED HORDES OF ONE HIT WONDER MAKERS WHO WOULDN'T KNOW HOW TO SING OR WRITE SONGS IF YOUR LIVES DEPENDED ON IT! GO BACK TO YOUR STINKING ARTSY FARTSY DANCE STUDIOS AND TO YOUR LUSH WHOREHOUSES, YOU SONS OF BITCHES, AND LET SOME *GOOD* BANDS TAKE IN A BIT OF THE SUN FOR ONCE! YEEEEEEAAAAARRRRRRRGH!!!** sorry... It's just that I'm not too fond of those kinds of 'bands' and it takes me a while to have the mood altering popsicles my therapist gives me kick in. > ever-sincere, > eriKa, > I'm getting interference from a gay weather balloon > "It's a homosexual 69 degrees down here in the valley with a 20 percent chance of lesbian showers and the humidity is going up, up, up, up! Back to you, Nigel!" Mike "Who'm I going out with? Karen? What?" Leffel --I wish I had the technology to see what would happen to BobScott and LimeZinger.. ..IF THEY MATED! ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 21:33:40 -0500 From: Mike Leffel Message-ID: <3713FE84.73058466@dragondata.com> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: I'm never more dangerous than when I'm dead! Hey kind folks and folk-like things, in the neighborhood of two orbits ago, on this very list, a very happy and delicious home-mixed MP3 popped around the vine of grape. This MP3 was the Frankensteinian Monstrosity of two famed and equally enjoyable TMBG songs 'I'll Sink Manhattan' and 'S-E-X-X-Y'. It took the lyrical portion of 'ISM' and mixed it in with the musical interludes that occur between verses in 'S-E-X-X-Y'. I had downloaded it from somewhere back then, and unfortunately the hard drive that contained it has been assumed by the Archangel Torgo. Or was it a WAV.? That there could be my problem. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone remembers it, has one I could download somewheres, or knows where it may lie. If so, I'd like more input. And no, I'm not one of those people who searches for MP3's so I don't have to spend money on albums. I own all of TMBG'S albums, Two Singles, and 'UNSUPERVISED' (I'd own more but I'm not exactly Mister MoneyUpMySchnose) Where they hey is my colored image, LDB? It better not be in no Swiss Account, by limey lew. I voted on the MTV thing too (Damn you Dexter, making me do that. I should give you three lashes with the special whip I use to make people like Callista Flockheart) - but I put some smarmy, trite, my-real- feelings-on-the-whole-MTV-thing comment in the box. Out of fear for lessining the chances of TMBG to succeed (I don't know why), I refrained from entering any of that text, and just cut+paste-ed the site's address on the damn thing. So, if they do appear on that show, I hope they don't get made fun of or anything. And did anyone see the GOODNOISE article (that's a silly question) about TMBG? They've only sold 3 million albums worldwide?!?! What the hell is going on here? Brit'neeeinmcrotch outsold them by now I'm sure. Damn whore-ish looking minors. Just another sad litmus test of Evolution. As for the rumoured hidden track on 'LINCOLN', it's a little harder to get to than the one on FACTORY SHOWROOM. You have to carve a tiny, tiny notch in your CD along any given radius point. This allows the laser of the CD player to bypass the Seclusion Foil that prevents data loss. Mike "I'd make a TMBG video but I'd prefer to do one for WEEN" Leffel --I'm giving away Arctic Circle Candy! ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990414030158.23387.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: Today's the big day! Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 20:01:58 PDT Bob Scott wrote: > I once named a character in a story I was writing Dave Swan. Then >I flipped >on the radio a couple months later just in time to hear the DJ Dave >Swan signing >off. Of course, this was much like the time that I named a character >Frank >Herbert, and then realized that I had inadvertently read the name on >Dune every >time I glanced at the book on my shelf. Because of these things, I >have declared >myself shut off from all outer distractions, except for TV, the net, >radio, books, the outdoors, and anything else basically. That reminds me of a screenplay I started to write about a fictional band with two members, both named John. One of them was a skinny guy who played an accordion, and the other wore glasses and played guitar. I hadn't quite thought of a name for the band, though. I was thinking of something along the lines of "Two Guys Named John Who Play Really Cool Music." Then someone informed me that some guys named Linnell and Flansburgh had ripped off my idea. Or maybe I ripped off their idea. It's pretty much the same thing, isn't it? Don't even get me started about my story about some guy named Mike Leffel and his sidekick, Mr. Skeptopotamus. -- May you live in interesting times, Nathan Mulac "Did you say rings were cool?" DeHoff DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <00c801be8623$4a7aed20$bc8f0804@aah1084-access> From: "Amy :)" Subject: Re: TMBG: I'm never more dangerous than when I'm dead! Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 23:02:51 -0400 Mike "Mike Leffel" Leffel wrote: > Hey kind folks and folk-like things, in the neighborhood >of two orbits ago, on this very list, a very happy >and delicious home-mixed MP3 popped around the >vine of grape. > > This MP3 was the Frankensteinian Monstrosity of two >famed and equally enjoyable TMBG songs 'I'll Sink >Manhattan' and 'S-E-X-X-Y'. It took the lyrical >portion of 'ISM' and mixed it in with the musical >interludes that occur between verses in 'S-E-X-X-Y'. This was in face a great combination of songs, put together by none other that the maintaner of monopuff.org, Mr. Klaw himself. However, the site that it was on (Mr. Flippy's Red Light Fun Time Party Hour!) is either temporarily down or has moved, so I only offer you a dead end. Mike? Alex? You guys still out there? I wouldn't mind hearing it again myself :) Amy :) ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 22:02:10 -0500 From: Bob Scott Message-ID: <37140532.F6E0FFC7@tmbg.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Carrie 2: The Rage ST I'm sure most of you have already noticed when you rushed out to buy the Carrie 2 soundtracks that Mono Puff isn't actually on it. Of course, I'm sure the song is in the movie, but it's one of those stunts they pull when they put a good song in a movie and leave it off the ST. Where was 'Secret Agent Man' on the Austin Powers soundtrack? Not there! And now it's happened to BL by MP! What has the world come to. Bob "Rebel without an inflatable canoe" Scott ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990414030458.58276.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: I'm never more dangerous than when I'm dead! Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 20:04:57 PDT Mike Leffel wrote: > As for the rumoured hidden track on 'LINCOLN', it's >a little harder to get to than the one on FACTORY >SHOWROOM. You have to carve a tiny, tiny notch in >your CD along any given radius point. This allows >the laser of the CD player to bypass the Seclusion >Foil that prevents data loss. Is it called "Sptting Contest," by any chance? > --I'm giving away Arctic Circle Candy! -- May you live in interesting times, Nathan Mulac "Oh no! Italians!" DeHoff DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 22:08:44 -0500 From: Bob Scott Message-ID: <371406BC.769AF46A@tmbg.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: Today's the big day! Nathan Mulac DeHoff wrote: > Don't even get me started about my story about some guy named Mike > Leffel and his sidekick, Mr. Skeptopotamus. Are you trivializing this message with zaniness? I sentence you to dress up as a bag of raspberry danish! Bob "Tis a bally dreadful message" Scott ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990414031548.97681.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Today's the big day! Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 20:15:47 PDT Bob Scott wrote: >Nathan Mulac DeHoff wrote: > >> Don't even get me started about my story about some guy named Mike >> Leffel and his sidekick, Mr. Skeptopotamus. > >Are you trivializing this message with zaniness? I sentence you to >dress up as a bag of raspberry danish! Me? Zany? How could you suggest such a thing, you silly walrus unicyclist? Go stick your big toe in pot of boiled strawberries, and think about what you just said. -- May you live in interesting times, Nathan Mulac "Purple Monkey Dishwasher" DeHoff DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 22:47:16 -0500 From: Mike Leffel Message-ID: <37140FC4.E9DAFF0D@dragondata.com> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: Today's the big day! > That reminds me of a screenplay I started to write about a fictional > band with two members, both named John. One of them was a skinny guy > who played an accordion, and the other wore glasses and played guitar. > I hadn't quite thought of a name for the band, though. I was thinking > of something along the lines of "Two Guys Named John Who Play Really > Cool Music." Then someone informed me that some guys named Linnell > and Flansburgh had ripped off my idea. Or maybe I ripped off their > idea. It's pretty much the same thing, isn't it? > I read that play. What the hell were you thinking with the Act that focused on nothing but them bathing each other?!?! > Don't even get me started about my story about some guy named Mike > Leffel and his sidekick, Mr. Skeptopotamus. > No No No! Skeptopotamus is my peer.. I have no sidekicks, I am no sidekick. I got burned once... long ago... I'm my own man, and Bridget can testify to my manlihood. Mike "Monotongue" Leffel ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 21:50:58 -0700 (PDT) From: winningh Subject: Re: TMBG:Instanbul in the Matrix? Message-ID: I am afraid it was more likely Beginning To See The Light, seeing as that was the song that had a listing in the credits. Sarah "Yer mother be like an octopus- ye could f*ck her but why? purveyor of dirty pirate snaps" Winningham ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 03:22:06 -0500 From: Bob Scott Message-ID: <3714502E.6AD45F20@tmbg.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Busta Rhymes, Janet Jackson, and the Johns, together at last! I was gonna look for the post this referred to, but I think I know who you are... Not really, but oh well... Anywho, someone said that a sample from a Mono Puff song was used in this new Busta Rhymes/Janet Jackson song... I just happened upon this (listening for this reason alone), and heard nothing similar to Mono Puff-ish-ness... Please, enlighten me... Or don't... I really just wondered if it was a joke or perhaps just a gag... Maybe even a shenanigan? Bob "Maintaining that Skeptopotamus stance for this message" Scott ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990414143841.43118.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: Today's the big day! Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 07:38:41 PDT Mike Leffel wrote: >> That reminds me of a screenplay I started to write about a >> fictional >> band with two members, both named John. One of them was a skinny >> guy >> who played an accordion, and the other wore glasses and played >> guitar. >> I hadn't quite thought of a name for the band, though. I was >> thinking >> of something along the lines of "Two Guys Named John Who Play >> Really >> Cool Music." Then someone informed me that some guys named Linnell >> and Flansburgh had ripped off my idea. Or maybe I ripped off their >> idea. It's pretty much the same thing, isn't it? >> > >I read that play. What the hell were you thinking with the >Act that focused on nothing but them bathing each other?!?! That scene was a masterpiece of modern art! Some ignorant philistines have no appreciation for fine art. You probably didn't like the hour-long act consisting of the skinny John staring out the window, either. -- May you live in interesting times, Nathan Mulac "It's always a good day with two scoops of raisins!" DeHoff DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ From: MuseKJ@aol.com Message-ID: <2626f487.2445fc2b@aol.com> Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 10:11:55 EDT Subject: TMBG: Re: One Of My More Guilty Pleasures... In a message dated 4/13/99 5:58:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time, hotel_detective1@juno.com writes: << Yeah, Hanson kinda disappeared. Not that I'm complaining or anything... I've already got my own battles to wage with Britney Spears at the moment to bother with those little Oklahoma boys. As for the high shoes, the same happened to my sister the other day - she sprained her ankle taking a walk in her pair (by the way, Lamberly's a neat name ). >> Oh dear...ummm...aw Jeez, how do I break this to you guys? Well, I actually like Hanson. There, I've said it (you can start throwing the rotten tomatoes at me now, if you see fit). Actually, me and Lamberly went to see Hanson at the Continental Arena last summer. It's kind've like "Beatlemania revisited." Beatlemania was going on at the time of my birth, and having missed it, it was kind've interesting to be firsthand in the middle of something like it. We were sitting pretty high in arena, which I was glad for, as it looked like a bubblegum-style moshpit might break out at any moment on the floor below. There were some way manic female teenage fans sitting nearby us -- and it became a battle of wits between them (who were either standing and blocking the view of others, or were constantly screaming so loud that my daughter couldn't even stand it), and the more polite people (which included a few peeved moms). I enjoyed the music and the energy for the night -- and the look of happiness on my daughter's face by the end of the night was priceless, but that is all I want to do of that sort of thing for the year. I'm not sure if Hanson is gone yet. I think they are a band with a lot of talent for their age. They write songs, and play their own instruments (and switched instruments during the concert), and are currently in the process of finishing up their new album. So, I think there's a lot of possibilities left for them. I am glad just for the positive influence they bring to the world as a whole. Oh, and thanks for complementing my daughter on her name She herself said to say "thank you!" Karen "Your Own Worst Enemy" Riley MuseKJ@aol.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990414150700.15773.rocketmail@web305.yahoomail.com> Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 08:07:00 -0700 (PDT) From: Talcott Starr Subject: TMBG: BGSU > Oh, by the way, I'd like to talk to you sometime > Josh. Where do you live > on campus? Or are you off campus? Anyways, maybe > we'll have our own > little TMBG show that night. > > Irate and irrational, > K.C. Woah, does this mean there will be at least 2 other TMBG fans when I'm at BGSU next year? As opposed having no real TMBG fan's at my school this year. I wonder if we could start a TMBG club. Or maybe at least a weird music club. I think I remember reading somewhere that UC Berkley had a 'nerd rock' club. Would anyone else be interested in trying to start one at BGSU next year? Maybe then we would be able to get Them (or at least Fruvous) to come. === |\_________\ | Co-Owner of ThetaSoft| | \|___ ___| | http://members.xoom.com/ThetaSoft | || | |-----------------------------------| || | "If you can't see dreams, your eyes are blind" || | -Moxy Fruvous- "Fly" \|___|ALCOTT STARR _________________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com ------------------------------ From: MuseKJ@aol.com Message-ID: <1c1256b1.24460825@aol.com> Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 11:03:01 EDT Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Brian Unger everywhere! In a message dated 4/13/99 10:15:40 PM Eastern Daylight Time, kocar.1@osu.edu writes: << So what's this week's Futurama/TMBG reference? >> Actually, I've noticed the characters/plotlines on that show to be more a succession from "Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy," than anything else that I know of. Karen "who likes things designed in an excitingly chunky way" Riley MuseKJ@aol.com ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 10:43:50 -0500 From: Susi Subject: TMBG: Re: Today's the big day/cloquet Message-id: <3714B7B5.E4144A1C@stcloudstate.edu> "Maki, Michael G." wrote: > Say...you aren't by any chance from Cloquet, are you? I realize this is > a long shot, but I have a hunch... > > At any rate, I, too, feel for my house plants. :-) > > mm > Nope, I come from Faribault. currently I reside in St. Cloud. Sushi ------------------------------ From: rhilton@bitc.org.uk Message-Id: Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 16:06:11 +0000 Subject: Re: TMBG: Today's the big day! -Reply One hour of someone staring out of a window! Eat your heart out Harold Pinter. Richard That scene was a masterpiece of modern art! Some ignorant philistines have no appreciation for fine art. You probably didn't like the hour-long act consisting of the skinny John staring out the window, either. -- May you live in interesting times, Nathan Mulac "It's always a good day with two scoops of raisins!" DeHoff DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 12:46:28 -0500 From: Susi Subject: TMBG: Re: Cloquet, center of the known universe. Message-id: <3714D473.A266BE3C@stcloudstate.edu> "Maki, Michael G." wrote: > > Also, having a 600+ CD collection makes sure that my > Backstreet-or-whatever CDs are on very light rotation. I don't think > I've listened to anything by either of the mentioned groups in 6 months. > > Michael "I think I'm gay: I like 'Nsync" Maki > > P.S. You should be very happy that you're *not* from Cloquet. Sure sure. I am happy I'm not from Cloquet. Yippee, I'm from Faribo, which has given me an irrepressable taste for 80's music, such as The Cure, The Culture Club, The Police... even TMBG is an 80's band, they just happened to survive and persist. Faribo. Imagine the farthest spot from the sun... there, that's Faribo. Sushi ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 13:08:55 -0500 From: Bob Scott Message-ID: <3714D9B7.5AD095C6@tmbg.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re: Today's the big day/cloquet Susi wrote: > I come from Faribault. currently I reside in St. Cloud. Are there sheep all over town, like the billboards say? I'm sorry, I just see those signs all over Interstate 35(?) and I couldn't help myself... Bob "8 Hr Drive to see Mall of America about 1 time a year... It's no fun anymore!" Scott ------------------------------ From: LimeZinger@aol.com Message-ID: <95db2929.24463149@aol.com> Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 13:58:33 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Cloquet, center of the known universe. In a message dated 4/14/99 12:52:41 PM, stsu9801@STCLOUDSTATE.EDU writes: > > >"Maki, Michael G." wrote: > >> >> Also, having a 600+ CD collection makes sure that my >> Backstreet-or-whatever CDs are on very light rotation. or... just.... don't own any backstreet-or-whatever cd's in the first place! ha! :) my 200+ cd's get along fine without them. ;) >Imagine the farthest spot from the sun... there, that's Faribo. i want to put a fabio comment here so badly, but i can't think of one. :} sarah http://members.aol.com/limezinger still playing: treble charger - "maybe it's me" ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 13:26:26 -0500 From: Mike Leffel Message-ID: <3714DDD2.5BDC544@dragondata.com> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Cloquet, I was wrong, it's an ordinary day > >Imagine the farthest spot from the sun... there, that's Faribo. > > i want to put a fabio comment here so badly, but i can't think of one. :} > Damn your silken hide, Zinger! And then if beating me to the punch wasn't bad enough, you WASTED IT! GAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! You'll get yours, Sarah. You'll get yours. *_* On a lighter note, Tom Petty was on DAVE LETTERMAN last night, talking (In a 'What-the-hell-is-a-computer?' kind of Stoned- too-much way) about MP3 releases, instead of through record producers. I couldn't really hear what he had said, because all my sensory organs transformed into milk duds after watching Kathie Lee Gifford sing 'Happy Birthday' to Dave a la Marilyn Monroe. AND has anyone seen the TMBG SKIN for WinAmp? It's comprised of WDTSS?, A18, and MATT'S LIFE SAVINGS images. Too bad I can't run WinAmp properly. Too bad I have no clue as to how to make skins. Or to trap the beavers in the road. Mike "Sepulveda!" Leffel La Brea..... TAR PITS! (tar pits!) ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 13:43:36 -0500 From: Bob Scott Message-ID: <3714E1D8.844A7160@tmbg.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Cloquet, center of the known universe. LimeZinger@aol.com wrote: > i want to put a fabio comment here so badly, but i can't think of one. :} : If they ever make "The Birds Part 3", We know who'll be starring! Bah-dum-pa! Bob "Kill kill kill kill kill me now!" Scott ------------------------------ From: LimeZinger@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 14:44:39 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Cloquet, I was wrong, it's an ordinary day In a message dated 4/14/99 1:28:01 PM, mal@dragondata.com writes: > AND has anyone seen the TMBG SKIN for WinAmp? speaking of that.. has anyone made any tmbg macamp skins? it's much more difficult to make 'em for mac, as far as i know, resedit is the only way to go... i tried for about 2 minutes and gave up. i don't like resedit. that little jack in the box in the finder icon haunts me in my dreams. well not really, but it might. and anyway. sarah ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 15:38:47 -0400 (EDT) From: Colleen Anne McClanahan Subject: Re: TMBG: Introductions Message-ID: Introduction. ok. Um. My name is Colleen Anne McClanahan (yes, my name rhymes. My parents have a very odd sense of humor.) I'm 22 (nearly 23. May 23rd is the magic day. There, Dexter. ;) Evidently, I like parenthetical statements. I'm an HTML programmer and I live in Lexington, Kentucky. I'm originally from St. Albans, WV (11 miles outside of Charleston. Whoo hoo). I graduated from the University of Kentucky last May with a degree in Journalism/ Advertising and an Interdisciplinary Minor in the Arts (meaning I got to take all sorts of artsy classes not related to my major and still feel like I was accomplishing something. ;) I've been a TMBG fan for about... hmm... four years? My best friend/ roommate had Istanbul on a mix tape, and it's all history from there (oddly enough, that's the same tape that introduced me to Tori Amos, my favorite solo artist.) I've seen TMBG 5 times. Sunday, it will be 6. I could stare at John Linnell for hours. :) Actually, speaking of Tori, this TMBG show is the one that will break the tie-breaker between Tori and the Johns in number of shows seen. Not that you can compare the two. That's like comparing... The Simpson's to ER or something. hehehe. So. That's me, in a nutshell. (I'm sure there are BNL fans out there too, right?) I've been on the list for amonth or two now, just never really got around to saying "hi." So... HI! Colleen Anne ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 15:42:00 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: Today's the big day! Message-ID: <19990414.154738.9854.0.hotel_detective1@juno.com> From: e f rae Nathan the playwrite said in relation to bathing Johns: >That scene was a masterpiece of modern art! Some ignorant philistines >have no appreciation for fine art. You probably didn't like the >hour-long act consisting of the skinny John staring out the window, >either. That's the best thing about modern art... if you get criticized, you just can say that the person criticizing is too stupid to understand it. ever-sincere, eriKa, "if all talent fails, you can just draw pointless stuff!" "It's been cool to be cool for too long now and now it's cool not to be cool." - Ben Folds ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 15:47:32 -0400 Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Brian Unger everywhere! Message-ID: <19990414.154738.9854.1.hotel_detective1@juno.com> From: e f rae me: >So what's this week's Futurama/TMBG reference? Karen, the proud Hanson fan: >Actually, I've noticed the characters/plotlines on that show to be more a >succession from "Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy," than anything else that I >know of. Um, having never read Hitchhiker's Guide, I guess I wouldn't know but, on another note, did anyone notice that Cap'n Zapp was quite Phil Hartman-ish? Perhaps a memorial to the fallen Troy McClure... ever-sincere, eriKa, I refuse to make a middle name! "It's been cool to be cool for too long now and now it's cool not to be cool." - Ben Folds ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990414201623.50193.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Brian Unger everywhere! Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 13:16:22 PDT eriKa f rae wrote: >me: >>So what's this week's Futurama/TMBG reference? > >Karen, the proud Hanson fan: >>Actually, I've noticed the characters/plotlines on that show to be >>more a >>succession from "Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy," than anything >>else that I know of. > >Um, having never read Hitchhiker's Guide, I guess I wouldn't know >but, on >another note, did anyone notice that Cap'n Zapp was quite Phil >Hartman-ish? Perhaps a memorial to the fallen Troy McClure... Phil Hartman was originally going to provide Zapp Brannigan's voice. I'm not sure if having a Hartman impersonator do the voice was a good idea or not, but Brannigan was a fairly amusing character. -- May you live in interesting times, Nathan Mulac "Hi! I'm Troy McClure!" DeHoff DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ From: LimeZinger@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 15:53:11 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Introductions In a message dated 4/14/99 2:41:48 PM, colleen@mik.uky.edu writes: >I've been on the list for amonth or two now, just never really got around > >to saying "hi." So... HI! HI! :) i like this little introduction thing. some of y'all just sneak in here and don't think we care. :( but we do care. i care. if this list weren't so large, i'd call for one of those trite "everyone introduce yerself!" threads, but you just know that after 5, someone's gonna complain. :) sarah http://members.aol.com/limezinger ------------------------------ From: LimeZinger@aol.com Message-ID: <24ab1dd8.24464ebc@aol.com> Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 16:04:12 EDT Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Brian Unger everywhere! In a message dated 4/14/99 2:55:24 PM, hotel_detective1@juno.com writes: >Um, having never read Hitchhiker's Guide, I guess I wouldn't know but, >on >another note, did anyone notice that Cap'n Zapp was quite Phil >Hartman-ish? Perhaps a memorial to the fallen Troy McClure... i was reading an article on the show, and it said that character was originally intended to be a role for phil. aww. sarah http://members.aol.com/limezinger ------------------------------ From: Gurgi1299@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 16:01:09 EDT Subject: TMBG: Help! Important Deadline I know you already had this converastion (something about converting friends to the Johns), but I missed most of that because of being new and all... Anyway, I have a friend at college that I constantly telling about TMBG (even more so since the KU concert). He's finially broken down and allowing me to make him a mix tape (he's never heard any of their stuff). Anyway, he gave me a 120 minute tape today, and needs it back by next Thursday. He's going to be going away with his girlfriend and might not be back for the rest of the semester (how did he pull that off??). When I got home, I spread out all my TMBG CDs on the floor, but I love so many songs that I don't know how to narrow TMBG down to 120 minutes. Does anybody have suggestions onto what should DEFINITLY go onto the tape for him?? I have : Apollo 18, Flood, John Henry, Factory Showroom, Lincoln, They Might Be Giants, Then, Severe Tire Damage, Why Does The Sun Shine?, Miscellaneous T, and The Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Soundtrack (I inherited it from my sister, then discovered TMBG played SenSurround). I have nothing else, unless somebody knows where I could get a hold of some quick?! :-). Also, I am doing another essay on TMBG for my composition class. We have done 4 so far, and they have all had to do with TMBG...I'll explain later, maybe. We are supposed to be arguing for or against a point....are there any ideas floating around??????? ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 16:45:31 -0500 Subject: Re: TMBG: Help! Important Deadline Message-ID: <19990414.164532.-190231.3.unforgotten@juno.com> From: Darryl K Rushing Birdhouse!!!! And She's an Angel! Ooh and then there's No One Knows My Plan! And don't forget about the live version of Why Does the Sun Shine!!! ;-) ~Darryl On Wed, 14 Apr 1999 16:01:09 EDT Gurgi1299@aol.com writes: > I know you already had this converastion (something about >converting >friends to the Johns), but I missed most of that because of being new >and >all... Anyway, I have a friend at college that I constantly telling >about >TMBG (even more so since the KU concert). He's finially broken down >and >allowing me to make him a mix tape (he's never heard any of their >stuff). >Anyway, he gave me a 120 minute tape today, and needs it back by next > >Thursday. He's going to be going away with his girlfriend and might >not be >back for the rest of the semester (how did he pull that off??). When >I got >home, I spread out all my TMBG CDs on the floor, but I love so many >songs >that I don't know how to narrow TMBG down to 120 minutes. Does >anybody have >suggestions onto what should DEFINITLY go onto the tape for him?? I >have : >Apollo 18, Flood, John Henry, Factory Showroom, Lincoln, They Might Be > >Giants, Then, Severe Tire Damage, Why Does The Sun Shine?, >Miscellaneous T, >and The Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Soundtrack (I inherited it from >my >sister, then discovered TMBG played SenSurround). I have nothing >else, >unless somebody knows where I could get a hold of some quick?! :-). > > Also, I am doing another essay on TMBG for my composition >class. We >have done 4 so far, and they have all had to do with TMBG...I'll >explain >later, maybe. We are supposed to be arguing for or against a >point....are >there any ideas floating around??????? ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 15:52:09 -0600 (MDT) From: Jim Kuemmerle Subject: Re: TMBG: Help! Important Deadline Message-ID: On Wed, 14 Apr 1999 Gurgi1299@aol.com wrote: > Does anybody have suggestions onto what should DEFINITLY go onto the > tape for him?? I have : Apollo 18, Flood, John Henry, Factory > Showroom, Lincoln, They Might Be Giants, Then, Severe Tire Damage, Why > Does The Sun Shine?, Miscellaneous T, and The Mighty Morphin Power > Rangers Soundtrack (I inherited it from my sister, then discovered TMBG > played SenSurround). I have nothing else, unless somebody knows where > I could get a hold of some quick?! :-). what does your friend listen to? --jim kuemmerle, who doesn't know what to say otherwise... j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668/ 4/17 -- GLADE at the burt's tiki lounge, 753 S 100 E, 10 pm. $0 4/20 -- GLADE at a cup of joe, 356 W 200 S, SLC, 9 pm $0 ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 16:58:16 -0500 From: "Susi \"Dinnerbell\" Stuart" Subject: TMBG: Fabio!? Yer all sick sick sick! Message-id: <37150F77.8F7C2879@stcloudstate.edu> And I like it. You can say Faribault is smelly (it is), and you can say it is full of rednecks (it is), but you CANNOT say anything about Fabio/Faribo! To do so will bring about instant death by means.... well... the means and precise details aren't important. The point I want to stress is DEATH DEATH DEATH. That's all Over and out, Sushi ------------------------------ Message-ID: From: "kgreenwell@sa.kevric.com" Subject: RE: TMBG: Help! Important Deadline Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 17:03:32 -0500 Organization: KEVRIC Okay, here are my picks. i think definitely anything from Lincoln or Factory Showroom. okay, here goes: >From They Might Be Giants: Don't Let's Start She's An Angel Rhythm Section Want Ad >From Lincoln: Ana Ng Purple Toupee Lie Still, Little Bottle Stand on Your Own Head >From Flood: Dead Whistling in the Dark >From Miscellaneous T: I'll Sink Manhattan We're the Replacements The Famous Polka >From Apollo 18: Dinner Bell If I Wasn't Shy FINGERTIPS My Evil Twin Mammal >From John Henry: Subliminal Spy DESTINATION MOON The End of the Tour >From Factory Showroom: S-E-X-X-Y New York City XTC v. Adam Ant Pet Name Till My Head Falls Off >From Severe Tire Damage: First Kiss They Got Lost Doctor Worm i didn't add up the track time, and I may have exceeded the 120 minute time limit, but i truly believe these songs will give your friend a representative cross-section of TMBG. and if you can afford it, i would suggest getting the video compilation. the only one i could find was a japanese import, and it was like $30 or $35, but well worth the price. and it's kinda cool, too, cuz the cover and everything is in japanese. it's the same one they put out over here in the states, with the miscellaneous T cover, but i couldn't find it anywhere here. anyway, that's what i think. and i've probably left out some well-deserving songs. but that should cover it for now, until you convert your friend :) love from the land of the giants, kristi On Wednesday, April 14, 1999 3:01 PM, Gurgi1299@aol.com [SMTP:Gurgi1299@aol.com] wrote: > I know you already had this converastion (something about converting > friends to the Johns), but I missed most of that because of being new and > all... Anyway, I have a friend at college that I constantly telling about > TMBG (even more so since the KU concert). He's finially broken down and > allowing me to make him a mix tape (he's never heard any of their stuff). > Anyway, he gave me a 120 minute tape today, and needs it back by next > Thursday. He's going to be going away with his girlfriend and might not be > back for the rest of the semester (how did he pull that off??). When I got > home, I spread out all my TMBG CDs on the floor, but I love so many songs > that I don't know how to narrow TMBG down to 120 minutes. Does anybody have > suggestions onto what should DEFINITLY go onto the tape for him?? I have : > Apollo 18, Flood, John Henry, Factory Showroom, Lincoln, They Might Be > Giants, Then, Severe Tire Damage, Why Does The Sun Shine?, Miscellaneous T, > and The Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Soundtrack (I inherited it from my > sister, then discovered TMBG played SenSurround). I have nothing else, > unless somebody knows where I could get a hold of some quick?! :-). > > Also, I am doing another essay on TMBG for my composition class. We > have done 4 so far, and they have all had to do with TMBG...I'll explain > later, maybe. We are supposed to be arguing for or against a point....are > there any ideas floating around??????? ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 16:59:41 -0400 From: Scott Smith Message-ID: <371501BD.22B37ABF@stlnet.com> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: TMBG in Decator can someone please give me directions to the kirkland fine arts center in decator from St. Louis? ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #16-42 ******************************