Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #16-43 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 16, Number 43 Friday, 16 April 1999 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: Help! Important Deadline Re: TMBG: Help! Important Deadline TMBG: Remixes Re: TMBG: Help! Important Deadline Re: TMBG: Help! Important Deadline Re: TMBG: Remixes Re: TMBG: Re: Cloquet, center of the known universe. NON-TMBG: cheese, and the Great Captains Conspiracy TMBG: We've got a world that what? Re: TMBG: Help! Important Deadline Re: NON-TMBG: McClure/Shatner separated at birth? You decide... NON TMBG: Simpsons reference!!! Re: NON-TMBG: cheese, and the Great Captains Conspiracy Re: TMBG: We've got a world that what? TMBG: Re: We've got a world that what? Re: TMBG: Remixes Re: NON-TMBG: McClure/Shatner separated at birth? You decide... Re: NON-TMBG: cheese, and the Great Captains Conspiracy Re: TMBG: Remixes Re: NON-TMBG: McClure/Shatner separated at birth? You decide... Re: TMBG: Remixes (and a little about GLADE)... TMBG: Re: Help! Important Deadline TMBG: the guitar remix samples Re: TMBG: We've got a world that what? TMBG: Re: Remixes Re: TMBG: Remixes (and a little about GLADE)... Re: TMBG: the guitar remix samples, and further rantings on the BG show Re: NON-TMBG: McClure/Shatner separated at birth? You decide... TMBG: TDK's TMBG sound page updated; hear the newest songs! Re: TMBG: Re: Remixes TMBG: I think I'm living in the TwiLIST Zone Re: TMBG: I think I'm living in the TwiLIST Zone Re: TMBG: I think I'm living in the TwiLIST Zone TMBG: Re: Remixes Re: NON-TMBG: McClure/Shatner separated at birth? You decide... TMBG: Re: I think I'm living in the TwiLIST Zone Re: TMBG: We've got a world that what? Re: TMBG: I think I'm living in the TwiLIST Zone TMBG: Veronica Moore TMBG: Re: Veronica Moore Re: TMBG: I think I'm living in the TwiLIST Zone TMBG: ummm.. a new thread? TMBG: videos Re: TMBG: the guitar remix samples Re: TMBG: the guitar remix samples Re: TMBG: videos Re: TMBG: videos TMBG: More Pedialyte Please! TMBG: Re: More Pedialyte Please! Re: TMBG: Re: More Pedialyte Please! TMBG: Re: mom, dad...it's evil, don't touch it!!! TMBG: rochester show TRL-TMBG: DAMMIT!!! Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-ID: <3714DBF9.7F38674E@osu.edu> Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 18:18:36 +0000 From: Diana Kocar Subject: Re: TMBG: Help! Important Deadline Here's what I'd put on it (from each album): Everything Right is Wrong Again Don't Let's Start Hide Away Folk Family She's an Angel Absolutely Bill's Mood Ana Ng Cowtown Lie Still, Little Bottle Where Your Eyes Don't Go They'll Need a Crane Birds fly I'll Sink Manhattan It's not my Birthday Birdhouse in Your Soul Dead Istanbul Twisting Particle Man (sigh) Dig My Grave I Palindrome I The Statue Got Me High The Guitar Narrow Your Eyes Turn Around Snail Shell Sleeping In The Flowers No One Knows My Plan The End of the Tour S-E-X-X-Y Exquisite Dead Guy Spiraling Shape How Can I sing like a girl? Doctor Worm She's Actual Size (live) Why Does the Sun Shine? (live) Sensurround I'd definitely mix all those up to alternate the probably less-listenable old stuff with the more catchy new stuff. And of course, I'd make the songs all flow together nicely. :-) On a different note, I recently got the S-E-X-X-Y single. Does anyone else find that remix at the end of the CD totally unbearable? Just like the World's Address remix, I cannot stand it! Diana ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 18:18:40 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: Help! Important Deadline Message-ID: <19990414.181845.12166.0.hotel_detective1@juno.com> From: e f rae One desperate converter: >Does anybody have suggestions onto what should DEFINITLY go onto the tape >for him?? Well, as is the typical advice, stay away from stuff on the first two albums (unless you were to put Don't Lets Start or Ana Ng, since - as proven singles - they're listener friendly). Stuff from Flood is good - Birdhouse, Istanbul, Particle Man are obvious choices. Apollo 18 has some other good tape material - I Palindrome I, She's Actual Size, Dinner Bell and perhaps The Guitar. Actually, I could go on forever. It all kind of helps if you know what your friend listens to - it may have some bearing on your selection of songs. Throw us a bone here. And still more: >Also, I am doing another essay on TMBG for my composition class. We >have done 4 so far, and they have all had to do with TMBG...I'll explain >later, maybe. We are supposed to be arguing for or against a point....are >there any ideas floating around??????? You could debate whether it's right for Them to be called "quirky." ever-sincere, eriKa, baby, wait, I didn't mean to say "nightmare"... "It's been cool to be cool for too long now and now it's cool not to be cool." - Ben Folds ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-ID: From: "kgreenwell@sa.kevric.com" Subject: TMBG: Remixes Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 17:26:18 -0500 Organization: KEVRIC > On a different note, I recently got the S-E-X-X-Y single. Does anyone > else find that remix at the end of the CD totally unbearable? Just like > the World's Address remix, I cannot stand it! > > > Diana oy, i'm SO glad someone else said this. the world's address remix has got to be the ONE TMBG track i conveniently skip every time. and i'm not terribly fond of the S-E-X-X-Y remix, although it is more tolerable :) love from giant land, kristi ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 18:27:53 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: Help! Important Deadline Message-ID: <19990414.182755.12166.1.hotel_detective1@juno.com> From: e f rae Diana sez: >On a different note, I recently got the S-E-X-X-Y single. Does anyone >else find that remix at the end of the CD totally unbearable? Just like >the World's Address remix, I cannot stand it! Yeah, that song actually makes my head hurt. I thought remixes were meant to give a new spin to a song, not butcher the hell out of it (but oh how I looove We've Got a World That Swings ). Minor More About Me Note: The 5-track S-E-X-X-Y single was the first thing TMBG I bought! Wowzee wow. ever-sincere, eriKa, I'm the Cheese! I know what he says or don't says! "It's been cool to be cool for too long now and now it's cool not to be cool." - Ben Folds ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: LimeZinger@aol.com Message-ID: <3257f9e5.24466f09@aol.com> Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 18:22:01 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Help! Important Deadline In a message dated 4/14/99 5:19:03 PM, kocar.1@osu.edu writes: >On a different note, I recently got the S-E-X-X-Y single. Does anyone >else find that remix at the end of the CD totally unbearable? Just like >the World's Address remix, I cannot stand it! it's not the most wonderful track in the world, no. but s-e-x-x-y's one of my least liked tmbg songs anyway. i actually kinda like the tee's freeze mix (i think that's it) version... i don't know where it's from.. i think the vinyl sexxy remix .. i have no idea, and i should just shut up. yes. sarah ------------------------------ From: LimeZinger@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 18:29:50 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Remixes In a message dated 4/14/99 5:27:35 PM, kgreenwell@kevric.com writes: >oy, i'm SO glad someone else said this. the world's address remix has >got to >be the ONE TMBG track i conveniently skip every time. and i'm not terribly >fond >of the S-E-X-X-Y remix, although it is more tolerable :) oy, NO! :O i looooove the world's address remix. love it love it. oddly enough, i heard that before i heard the original version. i much prefer the remix over the original. :) (plus, linnell sounds like dave foley when he says "someone in the club tonight has stolen my ideas". ) sarah ------------------------------ From: Kaylum@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 18:46:04 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Cloquet, center of the known universe. In a message dated 4/14/99 1:13:20 PM EST, LimeZinger@aol.com writes: << i want to put a fabio comment here so badly, but i can't think of one. >> How aboooouut: "Oh, look, Fabio's eating roasted peanuts. I wish he'd eat me." And those were the guys. Kay ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 17:21:17 -0600 (MDT) From: Jim Kuemmerle Subject: NON-TMBG: cheese, and the Great Captains Conspiracy Message-ID: On Wed, 14 Apr 1999, e f rae wrote: > ever-sincere, > eriKa, > I'm the Cheese! I know what he says or don't says! "hello? cheese? NO! CHEESE CAN'T DIAL A PHONE." --jim kuemmerle, channelling Cap'n Monterrey Jack... j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668/ 4/17 -- GLADE at the burt's tiki lounge, 753 S 100 E, 10 pm. $0 4/20 -- GLADE at a cup of joe, 356 W 200 S, SLC, 9 pm $0 ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 18:32:34 -0500 From: Susi Subject: TMBG: We've got a world that what? Message-id: <37152591.C6E6D0D0@stcloudstate.edu> e f rae so marveously wrote: > Yeah, that song actually makes my head hurt. I thought remixes were meant > to give a new spin to a song, not butcher the hell out of it (but oh how > I looove We've Got a World That Swings ). You know, each time I listen to We've Got A World That Swings, I love it more and more. It's so infectious. It's the kind of song that makes you want to go out and.... well, I don't know what, but something positive. As for that remix they call S-E-X-X-Y, I don't know... it's an earsore. I'll have to agree with you. Not the WORST remix I've ever heard in my life, though. Suji ------------------------------ From: Gurgi1299@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 19:12:44 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Help! Important Deadline In a message dated 4/14/99 5:54:16 PM Eastern Daylight Time, J.Kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu writes: << what does your friend listen to? >> I know he really likes the Violent Femmes and Rusted Root. Other than that, he never really said. ------------------------------ From: MuseKJ@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 19:37:39 EDT Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: McClure/Shatner separated at birth? You decide... In a message dated 4/14/99 3:54:57 PM Eastern Daylight Time, hotel_detective1@juno.com writes: << but, on another note, did anyone notice that Cap'n Zapp was quite Phil Hartman-ish? Perhaps a memorial to the fallen Troy McClure... >> Hmm, interesting observation...hadn't thought of him in that light. I was too busy making comparisons between Zapp as Cap'n Kirk, with Kif (a name I found extremely amusing for some reason), as his reluctant and disgusted "sidekick" -- seeming like a disdainful cross between Spock and Bones. When they mentioned the term "killbots" on the same last episode of Futurama, though, I almost yelled out "Rip-off!!" (as they have killbots in The Hitcher's Guide) -- but I simply grumbled a bit, so my husband wouldn't be disturbed while he viewed the show (he likes to watch it as much as I do). I really shouldn't be so offended about similarities between Futurama and other things I like...that's what parodies are all about :-) Karen "They put the marmot in the tub!!" Riley MuseKJ@aol.com ------------------------------ From: Alterian@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 19:02:16 EDT Subject: NON TMBG: Simpsons reference!!! Hey! I just saw another TMBG reference! The Monorail was from the 64 worlds fair! Yeah! And Homer's middle initial is J...yeah I know it stands for Jay..but you never know..John starts with a J.... -Amber the Transcendent ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 18:24:26 -0600 (MDT) From: Jim Kuemmerle Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: cheese, and the Great Captains Conspiracy Message-ID: On Wed, 14 Apr 1999, Jim Kuemmerle wrote: i've been informed of an erratum... it should've read: > > ever-sincere, > > eriKa, > > I'm the Cheese! I know what he says or don't says! "ring ring. > hello? cheese? NO! CHEESE CAN'T DIAL A PHONE." --jim kuemmerle, not like you care about either of these pointless posts... j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668/ 4/17 -- GLADE at the burt's tiki lounge, 753 S 100 E, 10 pm. $0 4/20 -- GLADE at a cup of joe, 356 W 200 S, SLC, 9 pm $0 ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 20:23:44 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: We've got a world that what? Message-ID: <19990414.203211.3022.0.hotel_detective1@juno.com> From: e f rae Splendiferous Susi said: >You know, each time I listen to We've Got A World That Swings, I love it more >and more. It's so infectious. It's the kind of song that makes you want to >go out and.... well, I don't know what, but something positive. I know! It's so cheery. That was probably what really turned me over to TMBG - the first few times I listened to it, I didn't like S-E-X-X-Y at all (it's grown on me since then though). It's such a nice little song though... It sounds like Linnell's playing a toy piano, which is just neat. ever-sincere, eriKa, I don't wanna lose that bell that rings "It's been cool to be cool for too long now and now it's cool not to be cool." - Ben Folds. ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 19:37:25 -0500 From: Susi Subject: TMBG: Re: We've got a world that what? Message-id: <371534C1.9A5D7152@stcloudstate.edu> gilooley's e f rae wrote: > > I know! It's so cheery. That was probably what really turned me over to > TMBG - the first few times I listened to it, I didn't like S-E-X-X-Y at > all (it's grown on me since then though). It's such a nice little song > though... It sounds like Linnell's playing a toy piano, which is just > neat. > > ever-sincere, > eriKa, > I don't wanna lose that bell that rings > Aint it just cute?! If I listen to it before I go into the office, I sing it constantly, driving my boss nuts, I'm sure. And that toy piano. It reminds me of Peanuts Play The Beatles, which is a bunch of Beatles songs played on kid's toy instruments. It's so rad. Susi ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990415004424.41366.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: Remixes Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 17:44:24 PDT kristi wrote: >> On a different note, I recently got the S-E-X-X-Y single. Does >> anyone >> else find that remix at the end of the CD totally unbearable? Just >> like the World's Address remix, I cannot stand it! >> >> >> Diana > >oy, i'm SO glad someone else said this. the world's address remix >has got to >be the ONE TMBG track i conveniently skip every time. and i'm not >terribly fond >of the S-E-X-X-Y remix, although it is more tolerable :) I don't particularly like the "S-E-X-X-Y" remix. Josh Fried's remix of "The World's Address" uses interesting samples and stuff, but it's a bit too repetitive. Indeed, repetitiveness seems to be the main problem with most remixes of TMBG songs, with the Outer Planet Mix of "The Guitar" being, perhaps, the worst offender. "Snail Dust" isn't really any more repetitive than the original "Snail Shell," and I actually like it better than the original in some ways. The Brownsville Remix of "Istanbul" might be my favourite remix. It's a bit repetitive, but I love the "white tornado" bit. -- May the light shine upon thee, Nathan Mulac "White tornado my foot! That's a REAL tornado! Ooh, you ain't in New York City, baby!" DeHoff DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990415005101.42481.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: McClure/Shatner separated at birth? You decide... Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 17:51:00 PDT Karen Riley wrote: >When they >mentioned the term "killbots" on the same last episode of Futurama, >though, I >almost yelled out "Rip-off!!" (as they have killbots in The Hitcher's >Guide) >-- but I simply grumbled a bit, so my husband wouldn't be disturbed >while he >viewed the show (he likes to watch it as much as I do). I really >shouldn't be >so offended about similarities between Futurama and other things I >like...that's what parodies are all about :-) When I heard the term, I thought of the Simpsons bit (from "Homer Loves Flanders," I think) where Kent Brockman refers to the Army as "the kill-bot factory." -- May the light shine upon thee, Nathan Mulac "Eye on Springfield" DeHoff DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ From: LimeZinger@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 20:26:13 EDT Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: cheese, and the Great Captains Conspiracy In a message dated 4/14/99 7:25:15 PM, J.Kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu writes: >--jim kuemmerle, not like you care about either of these pointless >posts... > pointless is good. useless is good. i love this list. bring it on! sarah ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199904150050.UAA29142@f04n01.cac.psu.edu> Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 20:51:56 -0400 From: Jason Fickley Subject: Re: TMBG: Remixes At 05:44 PM 4/14/99 -0700, Nathan Mulac DeHoff wrote: >Indeed, repetitiveness seems to be the main >problem with most remixes of TMBG songs, with the Outer Planet Mix of >"The Guitar" being, perhaps, the worst offender. That remix itself doesn't irk me so much as the fact that the other remix on the single is virtually identical, minus some of the vocals. What is said in that one sample, anyway? A friend of mine is convinced it's "All the people of this earth are truly white." --Jason-- ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 20:52:22 -0400 Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: McClure/Shatner separated at birth? You decide... Message-ID: <19990414.205226.3022.1.hotel_detective1@juno.com> From: e f rae Karen the grumbling wife and mother (teehee) said: >Hmm, interesting observation...hadn't thought of him in that light. I was too >busy making comparisons between Zapp as Cap'n Kirk Speaking of Cap'n Kirk (a *space* pirate, ooh), did anyone see the Family Guy on Sunday? They had a rather amusing interpretation of Shatner throughout the episode... but then he got hit by a car and died. I just thought, "Aw man, now who's gonna do the spoken word on that Fear of Pop song?" I've also seen Lutheran founder Martin Luther portrayed in a very Shatner-esque manner on Histeria (has anyone else seen this show? I swear, I'm one of the only people that watches it - it's great!). ever-sincere, eriKa, the fatso said you can leave Although Jim's Cheese ramblings haven't rung a bell, his Glade promos reminded me I have to plug this: Everyone go to the St. Paul's Lutheran Church in Bolivar, Ohio on Friday, 7pm - *RELIENT K* will be playing an awesome show for you, opened by 30 Foot Bride, and perhaps even a special appearance by Linus' Blanket. Cost is five bucks, for more info call (330)874-2189 or e-mail Relientque@aol.com - and keep a look out for Relient K's six song ep out soon on Goatee Records! ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 19:14:04 -0600 (MDT) From: Jim Kuemmerle Subject: Re: TMBG: Remixes (and a little about GLADE)... Message-ID: On Wed, 14 Apr 1999, Nathan Mulac DeHoff wrote: > Indeed, repetitiveness seems to be the main problem with most remixes > of TMBG songs, with the Outer Planet Mix of "The Guitar" being, > perhaps, the worst offender. amen. > "Snail Dust" isn't really any more repetitive than the original "Snail > Shell," and I actually like it better than the original in some ways. this is my favorite of the remixes, largely because of the introduction. no matter how hard i try, i can never feel it on the (eventually) right beat until after the drums come in, and then i get this cool feeling of 'rhythmic skidding'. > The Brownsville Remix of "Istanbul" might be my favourite remix. It's > a bit repetitive, but I love the "white tornado" bit. i too love the "white tornado" bit, but the "this is a recording" bit kills the remix for me. what was he thinking?? ;) --jim kuemmerle, whose glad his GLADE endorsements are getting *somebody's* attention, even if erika lives nowhere near salt lake... some of you utah listies should really try to make it to one of these shows! j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668/ 4/17 -- GLADE at the burt's tiki lounge, 753 S 100 E, 10 pm. $0 4/20 -- GLADE at a cup of joe, 356 W 200 S, SLC, 9 pm $0 ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 17:15:15 -0400 From: The Great Quux Message-ID: <37150563.AF9FA268@stardatecomputer.com> Organization: Stardate Computer Systems Subject: TMBG: Re: Help! Important Deadline Gurgi1299@aol.com wrote: > allowing me to make him a mix tape (he's never heard any of their stuff). I did this for someone too, and organized the tape roughly by "song category" -- relationship songs, educational songs, human nature, and random/misc/stream-of-consciousness. I included a piece of paper with the song name, the album it came from and a (strictly) ONE line interpretation hint/clue, just to make it all the more interesting. I'm a sucker for song-order, so I wanted to make each song flow into the next, but I unfortunately lost the list, but I started with Ana Ng if that helps :) > Also, I am doing another essay on TMBG for my composition class. We > have done 4 so far, and they have all had to do with TMBG...I'll explain > later, maybe. We are supposed to be arguing for or against a point....are > there any ideas floating around??????? Wow, that's quite a lot of essays... your teach is going to think you're obsessive (then again, aren't we all?). Argue that for people to be so devoted to a band that they'll write 4 essays about them, that band must be really great! -- Mike Russo, www.walrus.com/~stardate, Brooklyn, NY -- I don't want a goldfish, I want a dog! ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 19:15:45 -0600 (MDT) From: Jim Kuemmerle Subject: TMBG: the guitar remix samples Message-ID: On Wed, 14 Apr 1999, Jason Fickley wrote: > That remix itself doesn't irk me so much as the fact that the other remix > on the single is virtually identical, minus some of the vocals. What is > said in that one sample, anyway? A friend of mine is convinced it's "All > the people of this earth are truly white." "all the people on this earth are truly one," as said by richard milhouse nixon. ps: amy? did you catch that? does it get in? :) --jim kuemmerle, he's the one... j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668/ 4/17 -- GLADE at the burt's tiki lounge, 753 S 100 E, 10 pm. $0 4/20 -- GLADE at a cup of joe, 356 W 200 S, SLC, 9 pm $0 ------------------------------ From: LimeZinger@aol.com Message-ID: <5e8b1d43.24468280@aol.com> Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 19:45:04 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: We've got a world that what? In a message dated 4/14/99 6:38:11 PM, stsu9801@STCLOUDSTATE.EDU writes: >You know, each time I listen to We've Got A World That Swings, I love it >more >and more. It's so infectious. It's the kind of song that makes you want >to >go out and.... well, I don't know what, but something positive. just for the way linnell sings it alone even. "still the tastes of *wiiiiine*". cute i say. (those _are_ the lyrics, right? i haven't heard it in a while. ) >As for that remix they call S-E-X-X-Y, I don't know... it's an earsore. > I'll >have to agree with you. Not the WORST remix I've ever heard in my life, >though. yet it sounds suspiciously like *that song*.. you know that song.. luckily i don't know it well enough to know the "artist" or the title.. but it goes dunh-dunh-dunh-dunh dunh dunh-dunh.. i think. yeah, i haven't heard that one in a while too. but it used to be everywhere (until fatboy slim emerged, throwing his songs everywhere).... and there used to be this infomercial for i forget what, but it was set in a club, and the song played thoughout the whole damn thing. ms. skeptopotamussistersarahofthekidsinthehallinfomercialqueen...andlimes,getthemt oo http://members.aol.com/limezinger ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 17:18:26 -0400 From: The Great Quux Message-ID: <37150622.45666ECF@stardatecomputer.com> Organization: Stardate Computer Systems Subject: TMBG: Re: Remixes "kgreenwell@sa.kevric.com" wrote: > oy, i'm SO glad someone else said this. the world's address remix has got to > be the ONE TMBG track i conveniently skip every time. and i'm not terribly fond > of the S-E-X-X-Y remix, although it is more tolerable :) You have to be in a kind of non-TMBG mood to enjoy these tracks. I skip them if I'm home and sedentary, but if I'm moving or driving down the highway at my typical 85 mph (ssshh, don't tell Nationwide), they're great. I guess They must like remixes though to make so many. -- Mike Russo, www.walrus.com/~stardate, Brooklyn, NY -- I don't want a goldfish, I want a dog! ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 22:04:40 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: Remixes (and a little about GLADE)... Message-ID: <19990414.220455.15406.0.hotel_detective1@juno.com> From: e f rae Jim signed: >--jim kuemmerle, whose glad his GLADE endorsements are getting >*somebody's* attention, even if erika lives nowhere near salt lake... >some of you utah listies should really try to make it to one of these >shows! Of course they got my attention. I notice all, dear Mr. Kuemmerle. And if anyone noticed my Relient K plug, I've got a small note to add... in relation to opening act 30 Foot Bride (which is just my friend Kevan) - this is his first show ever - so we want to get a big ol' supportive crowd for him. So everyone come to my dead beat town in Ohio to see this show. I can get you in free since I work for the band. C'mon, ya'll know you can't resist. ms. skeptopotamussistersarahofthekidsinthehallinfomercialqueen said elsewhere [in relation to We've Got a World That Swings... I don't feel like making two a separate post]: >just for the way linnell sings it alone even. "still the tastes of >*wiiiiine*". cute i say. (those _are_ the lyrics, right? i haven't heard it >in a while. ) Yeah, that combined with the toy piano is just too cute. Linnell's just a big ol' ball of cute. Aw. I'll always have a place in my heart for those lanky, enigmatic gents... but if I'm not careful, I'll end up starting the "Favorite John" thread again. Feh. ever-sincere, eriKa, knock knock. who's there? a BONUS! "It's been cool to be cool for too long now and now it's cool not to be cool." - Ben Folds ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-ID: <005201be86ea$9bee2f60$6f350904@aah1084-access> From: "Amy :)" Subject: Re: TMBG: the guitar remix samples, and further rantings on the BG show Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 22:49:32 -0400 >>A friend of mine is convinced it's "All the people of this earth are truly white." > >"all the people on this earth are truly one," as said by richard milhouse >nixon. > >ps: amy? did you catch that? does it get in? :) Jason, you can tell your friend he has a place on my mondegreen page (found here, for those who've forgotten: http://www.strangemud.net/~agreen/TMBGreen.html ) Updated daily, or when I get a new lyric :) On to more pressing matters: I am outraged that the BG show has been cancelled, and I'll tell you why - it's happened to me before. I used to go to Ohio Northern University, and in 95 They were supposed to do a show there. It was to be my first ever TMBG show, and it was cancelled because of poor ticket sales. I didn't know who to be more mad at, the other students who were busy listening to crappy music with too much bass (usually at 2 am in the room next to me, conveniently), or the university. I eventually chose the university since they gave me more reasons to be mad at them, and I'm still bitter today. I hope you learned a valuable lesson from that story. I know I didn't. Anyway, I guess I won't be using my 4th row tickets now. Oh, and one more thing, whoever mentioned Family Guy (eriKa I believe?) that show has got to be one of the funniest new shows of the year, or ever! Anyone who uses Kool-Aid Man in the pilot episode has got my vote, and I loved the Shatner impression, especially all the jerking around :) So, anyone going to the Cincinnati show? Amy :) ------------------------------ From: LimeZinger@aol.com Message-ID: <45603636.2446a7dc@aol.com> Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 22:24:28 EDT Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: McClure/Shatner separated at birth? You decide... In a message dated 4/14/99 8:00:28 PM, hotel_detective1@juno.com writes: >Speaking of Cap'n Kirk (a *space* pirate, ooh), did anyone see the Family >Guy on Sunday? They had a rather amusing interpretation of Shatner >throughout the episode... but then he got hit by a car and died. I just >thought, "Aw man, now who's gonna do the spoken word on that Fear of Pop >song?" yes! i saw that! i don't know why i was watching it, but it was nifty. and anything involving shatner is instant comedy. :) and i LOVE that fear of pop song. yes. yes! the cd too, but that's my favourite track. yes i do own the cd. i paid my money. ;) sarah ------------------------------ Message-ID: <371554C0.EE67DF6F@cybercomm.net> Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 22:54:06 -0400 From: TDK Subject: TMBG: TDK's TMBG sound page updated; hear the newest songs! Hey, have you been dying to hear those new songs that TMBG have been playing lately? Well, you can now download live versions of the four new songs in MP3 or WAV format. The new songs are called Cyclops Rock, It's So Loud In Here, She Thinks She's Edith Head & Thunderbird. They are from the 3/13/99 show at Lupo's in Providence, RI. I have also included a few funny clips of the Johns talking between songs. Check it out! -Mike http://listen.to/tmbg http://www.ccnj.com/~tdk/index.html Join my Yahoo! TMBG club! http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/tdkstheymightbegiantsclub ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990415030557.89732.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Remixes Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 20:05:56 PDT The Great Quux wrote: >I guess They must like remixes though to make so many. Well, They don't really make the remixes. That's the work of Joshua Fried and others. I don't know how much say the Johns have in the production of the remixes, but, considering their presence on EP's (not to mentions _Miscellaneous T_ and _Then_), I would assume that the Johns do like them (or at least think they're interesting). -- May the light shine upon thee, Nathan Mulac "Paging Mr. Saxophone" DeHoff DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 22:38:25 -0500 From: Mike Leffel Message-ID: <37155F31.BD40BAA@dragondata.com> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: I think I'm living in the TwiLIST Zone Is it just me or do all of you people hate the majority of the songs They Might Be Giants puts on albums? Geez. "The World's Address", "S-E-X-X-Y", "Guitar o.p. mix" "Guitar e.f.o.p.m." "Istanbul brownsville WK". All of these recieved less than glamourous reviews by some of you people lately (In just one day, amazingly enough). That astounds me. I think you're all nuts. Mike "Too honest to ruin it with the wacky" Leffel ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990415035636.46713.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: I think I'm living in the TwiLIST Zone Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 20:56:36 PDT Mike Leffel wrote: > Is it just me or do all of you people hate the majority of >the songs They Might Be Giants puts on albums? Geez. "The >World's Address", "S-E-X-X-Y", "Guitar o.p. mix" "Guitar e.f.o.p.m." >"Istanbul brownsville WK". All of these recieved less than >glamourous reviews by some of you people lately (In just one >day, amazingly enough). How are these "the majority of songs They Might Be Giants puts on albums"? None of the remixes are even on albums (aside from Josh Fried's "The World's Address," which is on Misc. T and Then), and you only mentioned two songs that weren't remixes. I think that the listies like the majority of songs on TMBG albums, but most of the songs are also disliked by someone or other. A TMBG fan doesn't have to like every single one of Their songs, after all. -- May the light shine upon thee, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 23:19:40 -0500 From: Mike Leffel Message-ID: <371568DC.29E1351E@dragondata.com> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: I think I'm living in the TwiLIST Zone > Mike Leffel wrote: > > Is it just me or do all of you people hate the majority of > >the songs They Might Be Giants puts on albums? Geez. "The > >World's Address", "S-E-X-X-Y", "Guitar o.p. mix" "Guitar e.f.o.p.m." > >"Istanbul brownsville WK". All of these recieved less than > >glamourous reviews by some of you people lately (In just one > >day, amazingly enough). > > How are these "the majority of songs They Might Be Giants puts on > albums"? 'I don't think I like the tone of your voice!' I never said the songs I remarked by name were on ALBUMS. I ended a sentence. Began anew. >None of the remixes are even on albums (aside from Josh > Fried's "The World's Address," which is on Misc. T and Then), and you > only mentioned two songs that weren't remixes. I mentioned THOSE songs because THOSE were some of the songs that had just recieved less than glamourous reviews. What's wrong with only mentioning two non-remix songs? >I think that the > listies like the majority of songs on TMBG albums, Of course, but my question in the first sentence referred to my bewilderment to lots of negativity in one day towards certain songs (listed), as well as commented on past and future nitpicking in the sense that 'TMBG is losing it" or "This album is the worst one yet". "Is it just me or do all of you people hate the majority of the songs They Might Be Giants puts on albums?" referred to their works as a whole. Don't get something up your butt about it. > but most of the > songs are also disliked by someone or other. Duh. >A TMBG fan doesn't have > to like every single one of Their songs, after all. Never said they did. I merely questioned the current (perpetual) negativity that gets blared around by people with nothing better to do than blare negativity. I tend to be bothered by all this 'wah wah wah' about whatever. Blah. Mike "200 million times, nobody cares what I say. 200 million one, it's a bullfight in opinion city" Leffel ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 00:01:00 -0500 From: Bob Scott Message-ID: <3715728C.C7E6CB46@tmbg.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re: Remixes The Great Quux wrote: > "kgreenwell@sa.kevric.com" wrote: > > oy, i'm SO glad someone else said this. the world's address remix has got to > > be the ONE TMBG track i conveniently skip every time. and i'm not terribly fond > > of the S-E-X-X-Y remix, although it is more tolerable :) > > You have to be in a kind of non-TMBG mood to enjoy these tracks. I skip > them if I'm home and sedentary, but if I'm moving or driving down the > highway at my typical 85 mph (ssshh, don't tell Nationwide), they're > great. I guess They must like remixes though to make so many. I like the S-E-X-X-Y Remix, but then again, I used to play MK3... :P Bob "I always wanna say 'Smoke Wins! Fatality' when I hear that remix" Scott ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 00:05:06 -0500 From: Bob Scott Message-ID: <37157382.FF0F621C@tmbg.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: McClure/Shatner separated at birth? You decide... MuseKJ@aol.com wrote: > In a message dated 4/14/99 3:54:57 PM Eastern Daylight Time, > hotel_detective1@juno.com writes: > > << but, on > another note, did anyone notice that Cap'n Zapp was quite Phil > Hartman-ish? Perhaps a memorial to the fallen Troy McClure... >> > > Hmm, interesting observation...hadn't thought of him in that light. I was too > busy making comparisons between Zapp as Cap'n Kirk, with Kif (a name I found > extremely amusing for some reason), as his reluctant and disgusted "sidekick" > -- seeming like a disdainful cross between Spock and Bones. When they > mentioned the term "killbots" on the same last episode of Futurama, though, I > almost yelled out "Rip-off!!" (as they have killbots in The Hitcher's Guide) Killbots in THHGTTG? I thought they were just referred to as the killer robots of Kricket (sp?). I could be wrong, as it has been some time since I read the Trilogy... Bob "It was a Simpsons reference, like Nate said" Scott ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 00:10:52 -0500 From: Bob Scott Message-ID: <371574DC.5CE13127@tmbg.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re: I think I'm living in the TwiLIST Zone Mike Leffel wrote: > Is it just me or do all of you people hate the majority of > the songs They Might Be Giants puts on albums? It's just you... But what's Tom Skerrit doing with Jesus? > Geez. "The > World's Address", "S-E-X-X-Y", "Guitar o.p. mix" "Guitar e.f.o.p.m." > "Istanbul brownsville WK". All of these recieved less than > glamourous reviews by some of you people lately (In just one > day, amazingly enough). No one's picked on "Larger than Life" yet... > That astounds me. I think you're all nuts. Legumes!!! > Mike "Too honest to ruin it with the wacky" Leffel Bob "Message Critique 101" Scott ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 00:07:54 -0500 From: Bob Scott Message-ID: <3715742A.CA645F3D@tmbg.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: We've got a world that what? LimeZinger@aol.com wrote: > In a message dated 4/14/99 6:38:11 PM, stsu9801@STCLOUDSTATE.EDU writes: > > >You know, each time I listen to We've Got A World That Swings, I love it > >more > >and more. It's so infectious. It's the kind of song that makes you want > >to > >go out and.... well, I don't know what, but something positive. > > just for the way linnell sings it alone even. "still the tastes of > *wiiiiine*". cute i say. (those _are_ the lyrics, right? i haven't heard it > in a while. ) > > >As for that remix they call S-E-X-X-Y, I don't know... it's an earsore. > > I'll > >have to agree with you. Not the WORST remix I've ever heard in my life, > >though. > > yet it sounds suspiciously like *that song*.. you know that song.. luckily i > don't know it well enough to know the "artist" or the title.. but it goes > dunh-dunh-dunh-dunh dunh dunh-dunh.. Thus Spake Zarathustra? (Founder of Zoroastrianism, amazingly enough!) > i think. yeah, i haven't heard that one > in a while too. but it used to be everywhere (until fatboy slim emerged, > throwing his songs everywhere).... and there used to be this infomercial for > i forget what, but it was set in a club, and the song played thoughout the > whole damn thing. I will not praise you for mentioning Fat Boy Slim... I will not praise Fat Boy Slim. I will, however praise the Airsick Moth on Conan :P > ms. > skeptopotamussistersarahofthekidsinthehallinfomercialqueen...andlimes,getthemt > oo > http://members.aol.com/limezinger I love it! Bob "Not believing it" Scott ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 00:14:06 -0500 From: Bob Scott Message-ID: <3715759E.9F563301@tmbg.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: I think I'm living in the TwiLIST Zone Nathan Mulac DeHoff wrote: > Mike Leffel wrote: > > Is it just me or do all of you people hate the majority of > >the songs They Might Be Giants puts on albums? Geez. "The > >World's Address", "S-E-X-X-Y", "Guitar o.p. mix" "Guitar e.f.o.p.m." > >"Istanbul brownsville WK". All of these recieved less than > >glamourous reviews by some of you people lately (In just one > >day, amazingly enough). > > How are these "the majority of songs They Might Be Giants puts on > albums"? None of the remixes are even on albums (aside from Josh > Fried's "The World's Address," which is on Misc. T and Then), and you > only mentioned two songs that weren't remixes. I think that the > listies like the majority of songs on TMBG albums, but most of the > songs are also disliked by someone or other. A TMBG fan doesn't have > to like every single one of Their songs, after all. Well, just so long as you never mention the unholy Q word... :P Bob "Scott" Whoops... ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 00:20:12 -0500 From: Bob Scott Message-ID: <3715770C.C0FBD8CF@tmbg.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Veronica Moore That was from Veronica Moore... I wonder if it's MMs daughter or wife... You ever heard of her? It could just be a coincidence. ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 00:22:57 -0500 From: Bob Scott Message-ID: <371577B0.B30B0E18@tmbg.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re: Veronica Moore Bob Scott wrote: > That was from Veronica Moore... I wonder if it's MMs daughter or wife... > You ever heard of her? It could just be a coincidence. Here's an immediate apology (cluttering up more space)... This was a personal email, and it just happened to get sent to the list. Sorry bout this, so here's some TMBG content: Oregon isn't really all THAT bad... Bob "It's Stephen Hawking! Hide the Arctic Circle Candy" Scott ------------------------------ From: Kaylum@aol.com Message-ID: <7cce3a94.2446d0b5@aol.com> Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 01:18:45 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: I think I'm living in the TwiLIST Zone << I merely questioned the current (perpetual) negativity that gets blared around by people with nothing better to do than blare negativity. I tend to be bothered by all this 'wah wah wah' about whatever. Blah. >> I've gotta agree here, at least to a point...I could personally live without any of the remixes, although I do love the sound bites in "The World's Address," and "Larger than Life makes me laugh sometimes, especially the frog-like noise . There's been a lot of complaining and negativity, especially on alt.music.tmbg over stuff like disappointment in Severe Tire Damage and the MP3 only album. I mean, c'mon, think about what the Johns have achieved and how rare it is. They've managed to stay together much longer than many more "successful" bands, and they can still crank out songs as fresh and fun as "Dr.Worm" and "First Kiss" and play them with the same enthusiasm they had when they were starting out. Well, maybe not always, we all have our off days, but you know what I mean. And they've done it with class and a genuine love for their craft. I say maestro, right on! Kay "procrastinating for the sake of the Johns once again" Lum ------------------------------ From: LimeZinger@aol.com Message-ID: <8f2ae65a.2446d997@aol.com> Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 01:56:39 EDT Subject: TMBG: ummm.. a new thread? i've been trying very hard to come up with a new interesting TMBG thread. but i can't. oh well. but i did. it's not very interesting though. is there any small chance d'ya think, that TMBG would be doing instores on this tour? i'd guess no. actually, i hope not, because our camcorder is dead. haha. (no that's no excuse. i'd make one of my friends videotape it.) i looooved the tmbg instore i attended in '97. that was glorious. but i can hope, right. ummm... someone can add to this. okay. sarah http://members.aol.com/limezinger (go there, you know you're bored) ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990415071754.25615.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Crystal Cooper" Subject: TMBG: videos Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 00:17:47 PDT sorry for being a little behind, but... eriKa said: <> hey that's groovy! i found Them the same way, through ben folds five fans i mean. except i haven't even seen the tiny toons things. but i heard that linnell was the little duck or something. i can't remember where i heard that now... i might go insane trying to figure that out. that'll be fun! Crystal "what's the deal with the middle names thing?" Cooper ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ standing in my yard where they tore down the garage to make room for the torn-down garage --> "A Self Called Nowhere", They Might Be Giants Coming Up For Air -- Crystal's Ben Folds Five page http://members.xoom.com/DrPyser265/bf5/ ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199904150758.DAA181546@f04n07.cac.psu.edu> Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 03:59:07 -0400 From: Jason Fickley Subject: Re: TMBG: the guitar remix samples At 10:49 PM 4/14/99 -0400, Amy :) wrote: >>>A friend of mine is convinced it's "All the people of this earth are >truly white." >> >>"all the people on this earth are truly one," as said by richard milhouse >>nixon. >> >>ps: amy? did you catch that? does it get in? :) >Jason, you can tell your friend he has a place on my mondegreen page (found >here, for those who've forgotten: >http://www.strangemud.net/~agreen/TMBGreen.html ) Updated daily, or when I >get a new lyric :) Haha, will do. He'll probably be dissapointed to find out he's wrong. Not that he's racist or anything like that, but he was convinced he had uncovered a disturbing phrase in a TMBG song. :) Next time I go home I'll show him your page. --Jason-- ------------------------------ Message-ID: <009f01be8716$f3426e80$6f350904@aah1084-access> From: "Amy :)" Subject: Re: TMBG: the guitar remix samples Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 04:06:56 -0400 jim wrote: >On Wed, 14 Apr 1999, Jason Fickley wrote: > >> That remix itself doesn't irk me so much as the fact that the other remix >> on the single is virtually identical, minus some of the vocals. What is >> said in that one sample, anyway? A friend of mine is convinced it's "All >> the people of this earth are truly white." > >"all the people on this earth are truly one," as said by richard milhouse >nixon. > >ps: amy? did you catch that? does it get in? :) I hereby appoint Jim my mondegreen-catcher...I always seem to zone out and miss them until he points them out anyway. Curse this mortal brain of mine! Amy :) ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199904150807.EAA192014@f04n07.cac.psu.edu> Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 04:08:56 -0400 From: Jason Fickley Subject: Re: TMBG: videos At 12:17 AM 4/15/99 -0700, Crystal Cooper wrote: >hey that's groovy! i found Them the same way, through ben folds five >fans i mean. except i haven't even seen the tiny toons things. but i >heard that linnell was the little duck or something. i can't remember >where i heard that now... i might go insane trying to figure that >out. that'll be fun! Yeah, it's true. For a couple seconds Linnell is represented by the duck and Flans is represented by the pig. Gadzooks! I used to watch that show on a regular basis back in the day, and know I can't remember any of their names! I do remember my favorite character was the dodo bird. --Jason "Insomnia is no laughing matter" Fickley-- ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199904150816.EAA34668@f04n01.cac.psu.edu> Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 04:17:10 -0400 From: Jason Fickley Subject: Re: TMBG: videos At 04:09 AM 4/15/99 -0400, LimeZinger@aol.com wrote: > >In a message dated 4/15/99 3:08:17 AM, jdf179@psu.edu writes: > >>--Jason "Insomnia is no laughing matter" Fickley-- > > >it is when you're watching infomercials! hoo-eee... :) Ah, yes, infomercials....I'd like to see that Tae-Bo guy beat up Don Lapre :) --Jason "Look at me, I'm Don Lapre, I'm SO EXCITED about my money making package! Ow! Stop it! Help!" Fickley-- ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 03:28:11 -0500 From: Mike Leffel Message-ID: <3715A31B.56B1E24@dragondata.com> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: More Pedialyte Please! After Realizing That He Made an Err, BobScott Immediately Put Down His Hunting Dildo From France And Said Something Like, You Know: > Sorry bout > this, so here's some TMBG content: > > Oregon isn't really all THAT bad... > Yes it is. I can't stand Oregon. Oregon killed my father. Maine however, stole my evil heart! Mike "> Bob "It's Stephen Hawking! Hide the Arctic Circle Candy" Scott " Leffel (and as for that 'you people are nuts' post from me... I'm sorry.. those are the kind of opinions I usually suppress and I've had a pretty bad day. I in no way even care to debate the matter, and I hope you don't take my earlier response to you as some form of pig-headedness, Nathan.) ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 03:35:10 -0500 From: Bob Scott Message-ID: <3715A4BD.922389B8@tmbg.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re: More Pedialyte Please! Mike Leffel wrote: > After Realizing That He Made an Err, > BobScott Immediately Put Down His > Hunting Dildo From France And > Said Something Like, You Know: WHAT THE HELL IS THIS???? You can simply rot in hell, or press 5 for weather... What exactly does one hunt with a dildo... Actually, don't answer that... I just should've left this to the wind... > (and as for that 'you people are nuts' post from me... I'm sorry.. > those are the kind of opinions I usually suppress and I've had a pretty > bad > day. I in no way even care to debate the matter, and I hope you don't > take my > earlier response to you as some form of pig-headedness, Nathan.) I buy it. Then I sell it on the black market for $7 per ounce! It's like the pineapple business. Bob "Channeling Channel 42" Scott ------------------------------ From: LimeZinger@aol.com Message-ID: <90e4f4c0.2446ff79@aol.com> Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 04:38:17 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: More Pedialyte Please! In a message dated 4/15/99 3:35:24 AM, bobscott@TMBG.ORG writes: >What exactly does one hunt with a dildo... hidden tracks! i'll tell you what. i saw that contorversial sifl & olly with "spitting contest" the other night... how dare they rip off the johns like that. cheez whiz! it's a madhouse! a maadhouse! oooh, the tae bo infomercial is on. yuck, sarah ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3715A9CB.BF68CDB8@pacifier.com> Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 01:56:44 -0700 From: "Rev. Danno Spitzer Jr." Subject: TMBG: Re: mom, dad...it's evil, don't touch it!!! > > I as well love all things python, gilliam,etc. > > but somthing you said reminded me of somthing that happened on the way to work 2 > > days ago(humming particle man, or istanbul). > > I was walking to work(like always, don't drive), & i was playing "road movie to > > berlin" (one of my favs) on my student Hornher Accordion(travle size),& this woman > > was driving, saw i was playing the Accordion, & stopped. She got out of the car, > > & asked me if i knew kiss me son of god, (my least fav.) becuase of my clothing. > > I told her no, but i played "Birdhouse", she drove away happy. Somthing odd. > > Thought you might enjoy. > > -Rev. Daniel B. Spitzer Jr. ------------------------------ From: LimeZinger@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 05:18:53 EDT Subject: TMBG: rochester show so who's all going to the rochester show besides myself and prmega? i want names goddammit. :) ican'twaitcan'twait.. sarah on a posting rampage, awoo hoo ------------------------------ From: GhostKrabb@webtv.net (Dexter Flansburgh) Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 02:52:38 -0700 (PDT) Subject: TRL-TMBG: DAMMIT!!! Message-ID: <29566-3715B6E6-4108@postoffice-243.iap.bryant.webtv.net> I'm sorry guys, I've failed you. If any of you watched TRL yesterday, you might have noticed that Don't Let's Start was not played, it wasn't even one of the friggin' close calls. I take complete blame for all of this. I was the one trying to organize it right and everything. I felt like I was leading some sort of TMBG revolution or something. But alas, I was destined to be insuccesful in my attempts. I should have organized it better or something. Part of it would have to be because I got the times wrong. I didn't know that we here in the pacific time zone see a pre-recorded version of TRL. SO I'm sorry. We'll find some why to get Them more respect. Maybe whoever gets picked to be the next VJ will be a TMBG fan, and demand that MTV play more videos by Them! I hope so. me, Dexburger "I bought a donut from the donut store. Normally they have fantastic donuts. I took one bite and realized it was a cheap imitation donut from Bulgaria. It was disgusting. It was even worse than the Oklahoma donut I had a few years ago that was filled with plastic spikes. I had to be hospitalized for a few days. That is where I met my girlfriend. She worked at the circus selling balloons. She had accidentally swallowed one trying to impress her ex. She told me I was cute. She didn't ask about my weight problem. Later I told her that my Dad had owned a donut store that had burned down. He had put arsenic in one of the donuts and like 'Magic', he told me, Mom died." -Skeleton Key ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #16-43 ******************************