Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #16-44 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 16, Number 44 Saturday, 17 April 1999 Today's Topics: Re: TRL-TMBG: DAMMIT!!! Re: TRL-TMBG: DAMMIT!!! Re: NON-TMBG: cheese, and the Great Captains Conspiracy Re: NON-TMBG: McClure/Shatner separated at birth? You decide... TMBG: Re: Billy Blanks vs. Don Lapre: on the next "Celebrity Deathmatch" NON TMBG: Re: Billy Blanks vs. Don Lapre: on the next Re: TRL-TMBG: DAMMIT!!! Re: TRL-TMBG: DAMMIT!!! TMBG: Opinions and stuff Re: TMBG: Opinions and stuff Re: TMBG: I think I'm living in the TwiLIST Zone Re: NON-TMBG: Veronica Moore Re: TMBG: ummm.. a new thread? Re: TMBG: videos Re: TMBG: More Pedialyte Please! Re: NON-TMBG: cheese, and the Great Captains Conspiracy TMBG: tator tots and polka dots Re: TMBG: I think I'm living in the TwiLIST Zone non-TMBG: return and reverb Re: NON-TMBG: Veronica Moore Re: non-TMBG: return and reverb Re: TMBG: I think I'm living in the TwiLIST Zone TMBG: Red Elvises! (was: Opinions and stuff) Re: TMBG: Re: Help! Important Deadline TMBG: TRL and MTV can suck it Re: TMBG: Re: We've got a world that what? Re: TMBG: rochester show TMBG: Re: TRL and MTV can suck it TMBG: Giant Red Samurai Re: TMBG: rochester show Re: non-TMBG: return and reverb Re: TMBG: the guitar remix samples Re: non-TMBG: return and reverb Re: non-TMBG: return and reverb Re: non-TMBG: return and reverb Re: non-TMBG: return and reverb TMBG: tator tots and polka dots quasi-TMBG: rockapella field guide quite non-TMBG: the one true doctor... Re: quite non-TMBG: the one true doctor... Re: quasi-TMBG: rockapella field guide Re: non-TMBG: return and reverb Re: TMBG: Remixes TMBG: Instores Re: TMBG: Instores Re: TRL-TMBG: DAMMIT!!! Re: TMBG: videos Re: TRL-TMBG: DAMMIT!!! Re: TMBG: Remixes Re: TMBG: I think I'm living in the TwiLIST Zone TMBG: Direct from Brooklyn Re: TMBG: videos Re: TMBG: More Pedialyte Please! Re: NON-TMBG: McClure/Shatner separated at birth? You decide... Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: LimeZinger@aol.com Message-ID: <5e8d3509.244711e5@aol.com> Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 05:56:53 EDT Subject: Re: TRL-TMBG: DAMMIT!!! In a message dated 4/15/99 4:54:06 AM, GhostKrabb@webtv.net writes: >I'm sorry guys, I've failed you. If any of you watched TRL yesterday, >you might have noticed that Don't Let's Start was not played, it wasn't >even one of the friggin' close calls. I take complete blame for all of >this. I was the one trying to organize it right and everything. I felt >like I was leading some sort of TMBG revolution or something. But alas, >I was destined to be insuccesful in my attempts. I should have organized >it better or something. no... don't worry about it. mtv'd never play 'em anyway. besides all that, you'd need several tens of thousands of votes to make some sort of an impact. not like, 50. or 5. never get your hopes up for stuff like that. * sarah http://members.aol.com/limezinger *or anything, for that matter... ------------------------------ From: GhostKrabb@webtv.net (Dexter Flansburgh) Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 02:59:43 -0700 (PDT) Subject: Re: TRL-TMBG: DAMMIT!!! Message-ID: <29572-3715B88F-3746@postoffice-243.iap.bryant.webtv.net> Yeah, you're right. Oh well, MTV's loss. The studios of TRL are doomed to never be graced by talent (although they had Jay Kay from Jamiroquai on there a few days ago, I love Jamiroquai). "I bought a donut from the donut store. Normally they have fantastic donuts. I took one bite and realized it was a cheap imitation donut from Bulgaria. It was disgusting. It was even worse than the Oklahoma donut I had a few years ago that was filled with plastic spikes. I had to be hospitalized for a few days. That is where I met my girlfriend. She worked at the circus selling balloons. She had accidentally swallowed one trying to impress her ex. She told me I was cute. She didn't ask about my weight problem. Later I told her that my Dad had owned a donut store that had burned down. He had put arsenic in one of the donuts and like 'Magic', he told me, Mom died." -Skeleton Key ------------------------------ From: linnel@snet.net Message-Id: <199904151040.GAA26797@pop.snet.net> Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 06:37:50 -0400 Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: cheese, and the Great Captains Conspiracy > > eriKa, > > I'm the Cheese! I know what he says or don't says! > > "hello? cheese? NO! CHEESE CAN'T DIAL A PHONE." heheheheheheheheh. jen If you saw two guys named Hambone and Flippy, which one would you think liked dolphins the most? I'd say Flippy, wouldn't you? You'd be wrong, though. It's Hambone. ------------------------------ From: MuseKJ@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 08:40:03 EDT Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: McClure/Shatner separated at birth? You decide... In a message dated 4/15/99 12:05:25 AM Eastern Standard Time, bobscott@TMBG.ORG writes: << Killbots in THHGTTG? I thought they were just referred to as the killer robots of Kricket (sp?). I could be wrong, as it has been some time since I read the Trilogy... Bob "It was a Simpsons reference, like Nate said" Scott >> Dear Mr. Scott ~~ You may be right, at that. I'm in the middle of reading "Life, The Universe, and Everything" right now. If I do see the exact word mentioned in the HHGTTG "trilogy" in my future reading, I'll let you know... Karen "Gosh, ain't I nice?" Riley :-) ------------------------------ From: MuseKJ@aol.com Message-ID: <4f98f6ed.24473a7f@aol.com> Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 08:50:07 EDT Subject: TMBG: Re: Billy Blanks vs. Don Lapre: on the next "Celebrity Deathmatch" In a message dated 4/15/99 3:16:37 AM Eastern Standard Time, jdf179@psu.edu writes: << Ah, yes, infomercials....I'd like to see that Tae-Bo guy beat up Don Lapre :) --Jason "Look at me, I'm Don Lapre, I'm SO EXCITED about my money making package! Ow! Stop it! Help!" Fickley-- >> I just had to show this to my husband. We both had a nice big laugh :-D Karen "who likes to enjoy a nice Pan-Galactic Gargle Blaster now & then" Riley ------------------------------ From: LimeZinger@aol.com Message-ID: <68b5e0dc.24473d4b@aol.com> Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 09:02:03 EDT Subject: NON TMBG: Re: Billy Blanks vs. Don Lapre: on the next In a message dated 4/15/99 7:55:44 AM, MuseKJ@aol.com writes: > --Jason "Look at me, I'm Don Lapre, I'm SO EXCITED about my money making > package! Ow! Stop it! Help!" Fickley-- >> > >I just had to show this to my husband. We both had a nice big laugh :-D > >Karen "who likes to enjoy a nice Pan-Galactic Gargle Blaster now & then" >Riley coincidentally, i was just watching donny boy's infomercial on bravo. :) ... yes. i'm bored. he's so fun to watch. have you ever freezed an image of him? oh that's too hilarious.. and the "my package" thing is so funny. anyway.. ooooh for more lapre and billy blanks and ron popeil than necessary: http://members.aol.com/kdsinthhal/captiongallery.html i feel like i should be apologizing at great length for this message. heeh. sarah ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 09:53:05 -0400 (EDT) From: Colleen Anne McClanahan Subject: Re: TRL-TMBG: DAMMIT!!! Message-ID: I have a theory about this. Ever since the NKOTB thing happened with TRL, I've received COUNTLESS emails from supporters of different groups trying to get relatively obscure videos played. Everyone from Tori Amos, TMBG, and bands that no one's ever heard of. If EVERYONE'S doing this, then the vote has to be pretty divided. So even if MTV does play what's really requested, chances are, none of us have enough power to get the more obscure stuff played. (geez, don't I sound all hopeless. "What can ONE person do? We have no power!" That's not what I mean. :) It's just that with everyone trying the same thing with a huge corporate entity. (DOWN WITH THE MAN! um. hehe. ;) Anyhow, it's all good. WE know how much TMBG rocks, and we don't need to MTV to affirm this. Bah. Love, Colleen Anne (<-- I think I'm being novel. I'm using my middle name AS my middle name. Top THAT! hehehe. ;) On Thu, 15 Apr 1999, Dexter Flansburgh wrote: > I'm sorry guys, I've failed you. If any of you watched TRL yesterday, > you might have noticed that Don't Let's Start was not played, it wasn't > even one of the friggin' close calls. I take complete blame for all of > this. I was the one trying to organize it right and everything. I felt > like I was leading some sort of TMBG revolution or something. But alas, > I was destined to be insuccesful in my attempts. I should have organized > it better or something. Part of it would have to be because I got the > times wrong. I didn't know that we here in the pacific time zone see a > pre-recorded version of TRL. SO I'm sorry. We'll find some why to get > Them more respect. Maybe whoever gets picked to be the next VJ will be a > TMBG fan, and demand that MTV play more videos by Them! I hope so. > me, > Dexburger > > "I bought a donut from the donut store. Normally they have fantastic > donuts. I took one bite and realized it was a cheap imitation donut from > Bulgaria. It was disgusting. It was even worse than the Oklahoma donut I > had a few years ago that was filled with plastic spikes. I had to be > hospitalized for a few days. That is where I met my girlfriend. She > worked at the circus selling balloons. She had accidentally swallowed > one trying to impress her ex. She told me I was cute. She didn't ask > about my weight problem. Later I told her that my Dad had owned a donut > store that had burned down. He had put arsenic in one of the donuts and > like 'Magic', he told me, Mom died." -Skeleton Key > > ------------------------------ From: LimeZinger@aol.com Message-ID: <252d0bf0.2447502c@aol.com> Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 10:22:36 EDT Subject: Re: TRL-TMBG: DAMMIT!!! In a message dated 4/15/99 8:54:24 AM, colleen@mik.uky.edu writes: >Colleen Anne (<-- I think I'm being novel. I'm using my middle name AS >my >middle name. Top THAT! hehehe. ;) > elizabeth! oh, um. yeah.. stick it to the man. and stuff. yeah. sarah (ireallydon'tmeanto be THISobnoxious posting SOmuchi'vejust been boredlatley hehe) ------------------------------ Message-ID: From: "kgreenwell@sa.kevric.com" Subject: TMBG: Opinions and stuff Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 10:21:58 -0500 Organization: KEVRIC hey, i know this is not TMBG related, and it probably shouldn't be allowed since this is only about my fifth post or so. anyway, now that i've gotten that awkward apology out of the way, here's the point of this post: i'm appealing to the music connoisseur in all of you, because i know you have exquisite taste. has anyone ever heard anything by the Red Elvises, and would you recommend purchasing their CD? i was in my local music store the other day, and had the chance to listen to it. from what i heard, it sounded like something i might enjoy. does anyone out there own this? thanks. kristi whohastroublecomingupwithaclevermiddlename greenwell ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 11:31:45 -0400 From: Destin Berthelot Subject: Re: TMBG: Opinions and stuff Message-id: <37160661.38A39BE2@rollins.edu> They're very interesting. I'd recommend the Six String Samurai soundtrack. Most of it is stuff by the red elvises, plus a little bit of the movie score. But there's also way cool dialogue from the film, which is nice for breaking up the elvises' surf instrumentals. Oh, and try and see the movie sometime... it's a post-apocalyptic story of a guitar-playing samurai named Buddy walking to Lost Vegas (and fighting hordes of Russians and a heavy metal version of Death) to replace the recently deceased Elvis as the new King. It's out on video now. "If I were you, I'd run!" "If you were me, you'd be good-lookin'." -Death Vs. Buddy "kgreenwell@sa.kevric.com" wrote: > i'm appealing to the music connoisseur in all of you, because i know you have > exquisite taste. has anyone ever heard anything by the Red Elvises, and would > you recommend purchasing their CD? i was in my local music store the other > day, and had the chance to listen to it. from what i heard, it sounded like > something i might enjoy. does anyone out there own this? thanks. > > kristi whohastroublecomingupwithaclevermiddlename greenwell -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Destin Berthelot | "All persons, http://fox.rollins.edu/~dberthelot/ | living or dead, | are purely They Might Be Giants Visual Discography: | coincidental." http://members.xoom.com/theymightbe/ | -Kurt Vonnegut ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990415154044.28653.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: I think I'm living in the TwiLIST Zone Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 08:40:44 PDT Bob Scott wrote: >From: Bob Scott >Reply-To: Bob Scott >To: tmbg-list@TMBG.ORG >Subject: Re: TMBG: I think I'm living in the TwiLIST Zone >Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 00:14:06 -0500 > >Nathan Mulac DeHoff wrote: >> A TMBG fan doesn't have >> to like every single one of Their songs, after all. > >Well, just so long as you never mention the unholy Q word... :P Quixotic? Quintessential? Qatar? Quadrilateral? Quibble? Quirm? Quip? Quo? Quis? Quid? -- May the light shine upon thee, Nathan Mulac "Quox?" DeHoff DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990415154142.17180.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Veronica Moore Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 08:41:40 PDT Bob Scott wrote: >That was from Veronica Moore... I wonder if it's MMs daughter or >wife... >You ever heard of her? It could just be a coincidence. Maybe she's related to Dennis Moore. -- May the light shine upon thee, Nathan Mulac "Hand over your lupines!" DeHoff DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990415154955.41192.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: ummm.. a new thread? Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 08:49:53 PDT sarah elizabeth limezinger wrote: >is there any small chance d'ya think, that TMBG would be doing >instores on >this tour? i'd guess no. Probably not. It would be cool if They did, though, especially if it was somewhere near where I live. >ummm... someone can add to this. okay. I am, but my reply is even more pointless than your original message. -- May the light shine upon thee, Nathan Mulac "All pointless posts, all the time!" DeHoff DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990415155253.51309.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: videos Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 08:52:52 PDT Jason Fickley wrote: >Yeah, it's true. For a couple seconds Linnell is represented by the >duck >and Flans is represented by the pig. Gadzooks! I used to watch that >show on >a regular basis back in the day, and know I can't remember any of >their names! I do remember my favorite character was the dodo bird. The duck was Plucky, the pig was Hamton, and the dodo was Gogo. -- May the light shine upon thee, Nathan Mulac "Isn't it pathetic that I remember this?" DeHoff DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990415155521.3063.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: More Pedialyte Please! Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 08:55:15 PDT Mike Leffel wrote: >After Realizing That He Made an Err, >BobScott Immediately Put Down His >Hunting Dildo From France And >Said Something Like, You Know: > > >> Sorry bout >> this, so here's some TMBG content: >> >> Oregon isn't really all THAT bad... >> > > > Yes it is. I can't stand Oregon. Oregon killed my father. Yes, Oregon IS bad. Stop it if you can. As for South Carolina, I crashed my bicycle there. > (and as for that 'you people are nuts' post from me... I'm sorry.. >those >are the kind of opinions I usually suppress and I've had a pretty bad >day. I >in no way even care to debate the matter, and I hope you don't take >my >earlier response to you as some form of pig-headedness, Nathan.) That's all right. When I get upset, I sometimes get a bit jackal-headed. People often mistake me for Anubis. -- May the light shine upon thee, Nathan Mulac "Akhnet" DeHoff DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 12:38:07 -0400 (EDT) From: "Kirsten L. Brodbeck" Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: cheese, and the Great Captains Conspiracy Message-ID: On Thu, 15 Apr 1999 linnel@snet.net wrote: > > > > eriKa, > > > I'm the Cheese! I know what he says or don't says! > > > > "hello? cheese? NO! CHEESE CAN'T DIAL A PHONE." "Of *course* it's a girl cheese! I couldn't dance with a *boy* cheese, that would look *weird*!" - The Great Gonzo Kirsten I knew you in another life You were the tears I used to cry Now you're the storm inside the waves When you touch me I float away. - David Garza ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 02:40:51 -0500 Subject: TMBG: tator tots and polka dots Message-ID: <19990415.115106.3670.0.khurby@juno.com> From: jay jay mac gregor dear bob scott sir for about a half of a quarter of a sixth of a second at the very end of the song with busta rhymes and janet it sounds monopuff-esque of course, this might be a commentary on how you crazy kids find TMBG references in everything i.e. "my new lisence plate is 'F 404 448'!" "oh, isn't that from 'snowball in hell'? oh you're so clever betsy!" now, i know that no one here is named betsy, but hopefully you get my point. later, ya narcs. mike 'F 404 448!' k ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 12:09:49 -0500 From: Bob Scott Message-ID: <37161D5D.A3B2A03C@tmbg.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: I think I'm living in the TwiLIST Zone Nathan Mulac DeHoff wrote: > Bob Scott wrote: > > >From: Bob Scott > >Reply-To: Bob Scott > >To: tmbg-list@TMBG.ORG > >Subject: Re: TMBG: I think I'm living in the TwiLIST Zone > >Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 00:14:06 -0500 > > > >Nathan Mulac DeHoff wrote: > >> A TMBG fan doesn't have > >> to like every single one of Their songs, after all. > > > >Well, just so long as you never mention the unholy Q word... :P > > Quixotic? Quintessential? Qatar? Quadrilateral? Quibble? Quirm? > Quip? Quo? Quis? Quid? The... burning.... ow.... :P Bob "And then the baby looked at me" Scott ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990415172654.45288.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Mad Midget" Subject: non-TMBG: return and reverb Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 13:26:54 EDT Hi Gang it is I, Mike "Not-Leffel" Jones, sometime poster mostly lurker. Well, about a month ago the ol' TMBG mailing list just disappeared from my mailbox. I was greatly saddened, and considered re- subscribing when it reappeared last week--with 8 e-mails! Damn! I'm at hotmail, and 8 e-mails of 64kb a piece broke my account and had the crack hotmail attack goons breathing down my neck until i erased all 8 of them, after reading them of course. Ah, i knew it was the good ol' mailing list when there was a lot of pointless arguing over some poor sap seeing a non-existant TMBG reference. Reminded me of the annoying Mp3 minutia mega-thread or the really annoying double off-topic post mega-threads. I'm HOME! TMBG LIST YOU IS MY WOMAN NOW! For those of us without MTV, did we make it? I doubt it, but nobody mentioned anything. I'm too cheap to pay cable for my dorm here, heh. I dunno, i've seen 2 different sites both not mentioning TMBG on the Austin Powers soundtrack, mostly Madonna and Green Day and stuff. Terry Gilliam's best movie was The Adventures of Baron Munchhausen (sp?) even though i'd gleefully drill my own eyeteeth to see Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. Has any other Hunter Thompson fans seen it, is it any good? Yeah, i gots to go back to the galley and count me treasures. AR! First Mate Mike the Unready AR! No, I thought, the geek in Colorado had it all wrong. The real problem is how to wallow with the eagles at night and soar with the pigs in the morning. -Dr. Hunter S. Thompson, The Great Shark Hunt _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 12:28:30 -0500 From: Bob Scott Message-ID: <371621BE.CD2F2975@tmbg.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Veronica Moore Nathan Mulac DeHoff wrote: > Bob Scott wrote: > >That was from Veronica Moore... I wonder if it's MMs daughter or > >wife... > >You ever heard of her? It could just be a coincidence. > > Maybe she's related to Dennis Moore. We don't want any more lupins! The cat's gone and choked on bleedin' lupins! Bob "You're lupins or your life!" Scott ------------------------------ Message-ID: <371629EB.65B459B9@sevenlands.com> Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 14:03:23 -0400 From: carlyn nugent Subject: Re: non-TMBG: return and reverb Mad Midget wrote: > > Terry Gilliam's best movie was The Adventures of Baron Munchhausen > (sp?) even though i'd gleefully drill my own eyeteeth to see Fear and > Loathing in Las Vegas. Has any other Hunter Thompson fans seen it, > is it any good? Yes and Yes. Why don't you see it? It's out on video now...Even if you're a poor starving student with no VCR, surely you *know* someone with a VCR. (Watch for the real Dr.'s cameo...) CN ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.6.32.19990415130831.00921ca0@pop.mindspring.com > Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 13:08:31 -0500 From: El Dee Bee Subject: Re: TMBG: I think I'm living in the TwiLIST Zone > Is it just me or do all of you people hate the majority of >the songs They Might Be Giants puts on albums? Geez. "The >World's Address", "S-E-X-X-Y", "Guitar o.p. mix" "Guitar e.f.o.p.m." >"Istanbul brownsville WK". All of these recieved less than >glamourous reviews by some of you people lately (In just one >day, amazingly enough). > Yeah, I hate every single song by They Might Be Giants, but for some reason I love the band itself. They are so quirky. :P > That astounds me. I think you're all nuts. > Yeah, Mike, I agree. These people don't sound too much like fans to me. I love even there horrible songs from the dial-a-song that their own mothers couldn't love. "Integrity Project" mmmmmmm. Shaughn "The G stands for Walter" Struble -- http://www.lucidx.com/is My egotistical webpage, links to all the webpages I don't keep in my sig. -- http://www.mp3.com/idolv Download some of my music. -- http://members.xoom.com/MaxxIda/ The Official Sam Kieth Webpage - The Maxx IDA -- Contemporary Cartoon Militia is (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble and Kris W. M. Struble. | The Li'l Depressed Boy, Phreeck, Spyder Hunt, and all related characters (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 13:55:19 -0500 From: "Jay G." Message-ID: <7f5c56$odg$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Red Elvises! (was: Opinions and stuff) Destin Berthelot wrote in message news:37160661.38A39BE2@rollins.edu... > They're very interesting. I'd recommend the Six String Samurai > soundtrack. Most of it is stuff by the red elvises, plus a little bit of > the movie score. But there's also way cool dialogue from the film, which > is nice for breaking up the elvises' surf instrumentals. Oh, and try and > see the movie sometime... it's a post-apocalyptic story of a > guitar-playing samurai named Buddy walking to Lost Vegas (and fighting > hordes of Russians and a heavy metal version of Death) to replace the > recently deceased Elvis as the new King. It's out on video now. > > "If I were you, I'd run!" > "If you were me, you'd be good-lookin'." > -Death Vs. Buddy YES! I love that movie. I got the soundtrack as a gift for christmas and listened to it non-stop for a month or so (Okay, not non-stop, I still played TMBG). The songs by the Red Elvises are great. They have a website at http://www.redelvises.com it contains their songs in realaudio format. "My love is Killing Me" is my favorite, beautifully melodic, with seriously funny lyrics. The movie is just as good as the soundtrack. Of course, I couldn't find it for rent anywhere around here, so I ordered it online w/out ever seeing it. Was I glad it was good. It's a blend of kung-fu, Mad-Max, Star Wars, and Wizard of Oz. the site for the movie is at http://www.sixstringsamurai.com There you can download a trailer, get a screensaver (not that good.) and read the director's notes about the production of this fine piece of american cinema. -Jay P.S. the dialogue above is between Buddy and one of the Windmill People, not between Buddy and Death. "Who are you?" "Death" "Cool." -Buddy Vs. Death ------------------------------ From: Gurgi1299@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 14:40:06 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Help! Important Deadline In a message dated 4/14/99 9:15:50 PM Eastern Daylight Time, miker@stardatecomputer.com writes: << your teach is going to think you're obsessive (then again, aren't we all?). >> I think he pretty much expects it from me. He knows that when I was in high school I did 8 speeches in my English class about Rocky Horror Picture Show. On the upside: we have to proof read our papers in groups of two (he assigned them at the beginning of the year), and the kid that is in my group has been starting to ask me questions about TMBG (the first one being- "Are they or aren't they?") Maybe I could possibly convert two people this year??? ------------------------------ From: STSU9801@TIGGER.STCLOUDSTATE.EDU Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 14:19:25 -0600 (CST) Subject: TMBG: TRL and MTV can suck it Message-id: <01JA2CR2HX8Y006PBM@TIGGER.STCLOUDSTATE.EDU> Ya know what, Dex, we still have faith in you. Perhaps someday others will see the glory of TMBG and when they do, you'll be there, egging them on. What a magnificant picture... now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to poke myself in the eye with a sharp stick. My boss jus sushi Gots to go. ------------------------------ From: Gurgi1299@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 14:59:51 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: We've got a world that what? In a message dated 4/14/99 8:43:35 PM Eastern Daylight Time, stsu9801@STCLOUDSTATE.EDU writes: << Peanuts Play The Beatles, which is a bunch of Beatles songs played on kid's toy instruments. >> I have that CD!! ------------------------------ From: Alterian@aol.com Message-ID: <3fa4b232.244793b5@aol.com> Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 15:10:45 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: rochester show I'm going! Of Course..wouldn't miss it for anything..well almost anything. I still gotta get my ticket yet and my little brother is coming but I refuse to watch him =/ -Amber the Transcendent ------------------------------ From: STSU9801@TIGGER.STCLOUDSTATE.EDU Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 14:35:16 -0600 (CST) Subject: TMBG: Re: TRL and MTV can suck it Message-id: <01JA2DBWZDV6006PBM@TIGGER.STCLOUDSTATE.EDU> you might have seen that the bottom of my message made NO sense what so ever. Well I intended it to be that way... My boss just Sushi. Gots to go. Makes perfect sense to me. That's just the type of gibberish I speak. Suji ------------------------------ Message-ID: From: "kgreenwell@sa.kevric.com" Subject: TMBG: Giant Red Samurai Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 14:52:37 -0500 Organization: KEVRIC >Destin Berthelot: > > They're very interesting. I'd recommend the Six String Samurai > soundtrack. Most of it is stuff by the red elvises, plus a little bit of > the movie score. > >Jay G: >YES! I love that movie. I got the soundtrack as a gift for christmas and >listened to it non-stop for a month or so (Okay, not non-stop, I still played TMBG). >The songs by the Red Elvises are great. Then me: well, thanks to these glowing reviews, i purchased the soundtrack from amazon.com today, which surprisingly was the cheapest i was able to find it on the web. anyway, i'll let y'all know what i think. thanks. kristi "mad as hell cuz i had to write a check to the irs today" greenwell ------------------------------ From: LimeZinger@aol.com Message-ID: <9d09525c.2447974a@aol.com> Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 15:26:02 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: rochester show In a message dated 4/15/99 2:24:00 PM, Alterian@aol.com writes: >I'm going! Of Course..wouldn't miss it for anything..well almost anything. >I >still gotta get my ticket yet and my little brother is coming but I refuse >to >watch him =/ how old is he? he can hang out in the back with my little sister. haha! :) (by the way.. it's.. just about 3:30 est here.. if any of ya are reading this and get showtime, turn it on and watch this movie with me. it's cute and cheesy but o-ho, treble charger are in it! :)) sarah http://members.aol.com/limezinger -- UPDATED TODAY! woohoo! ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 14:56:00 -0600 (MDT) From: Jim Kuemmerle Subject: Re: non-TMBG: return and reverb Message-ID: On Thu, 15 Apr 1999, carlyn nugent wrote: > > Terry Gilliam's best movie was The Adventures of Baron Munchhausen > > (sp?) even though i'd gleefully drill my own eyeteeth to see Fear and > > Loathing in Las Vegas. Has any other Hunter Thompson fans seen it, > > is it any good? > > Yes and Yes. Why don't you see it? It's out on video now...Even if > you're a poor starving student with no VCR, surely you *know* someone > with a VCR. (Watch for the real Dr.'s cameo...) tom baker!?!? --jim kuemmerle, probably waaaaaaaaaaaaaay off-base... j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668/ 4/17 -- GLADE at the burt's tiki lounge, 753 S 100 E, 10 pm. $0 4/20 -- GLADE at a cup of joe, 356 W 200 S, SLC, 9 pm $0 ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 15:06:34 -0600 (MDT) From: Jim Kuemmerle Subject: Re: TMBG: the guitar remix samples Message-ID: On Thu, 15 Apr 1999, Amy :) wrote: > I hereby appoint Jim my mondegreen-catcher...I always seem to zone out and > miss them until he points them out anyway. i am honored by your appointment and i accept with relish. and mustard. ::bows graciously:: ::hat falls off:: > Curse this mortal brain of mine! curse this metal body of mine! i wasn't fast enough! --jim kuemmerle, bummed that may 19th is still 34 days away... j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668/ 4/17 -- GLADE at the burt's tiki lounge, 753 S 100 E, 10 pm. $0 4/20 -- GLADE at a cup of joe, 356 W 200 S, SLC, 9 pm $0 ------------------------------ Message-ID: <371657D7.9F53ACC5@sevenlands.com> Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 17:19:19 -0400 From: carlyn nugent Subject: Re: non-TMBG: return and reverb Jim Kuemmerle wrote: > > On Thu, 15 Apr 1999, carlyn nugent wrote: > > > > Terry Gilliam's best movie was The Adventures of Baron Munchhausen > > > (sp?) even though i'd gleefully drill my own eyeteeth to see Fear and > > > Loathing in Las Vegas. Has any other Hunter Thompson fans seen it, > > > is it any good? > > > > Yes and Yes. Why don't you see it? It's out on video now...Even if > > you're a poor starving student with no VCR, surely you *know* someone > > with a VCR. (Watch for the real Dr.'s cameo...) > > tom baker!?!? > > --jim kuemmerle, probably waaaaaaaaaaaaaay off-base... Ha! But, yes, way off-base. It was John Pertwee! ur...no... CN ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.6.32.19990415162821.0090fb40@pop.mindspring.com > Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 16:28:21 -0500 From: El Dee Bee Subject: Re: non-TMBG: return and reverb >> > Terry Gilliam's best movie was The Adventures of Baron Munchhausen >> > (sp?) even though i'd gleefully drill my own eyeteeth to see Fear and >> > Loathing in Las Vegas. Has any other Hunter Thompson fans seen it, >> > is it any good? >> >> Yes and Yes. Why don't you see it? It's out on video now...Even if >> you're a poor starving student with no VCR, surely you *know* someone >> with a VCR. (Watch for the real Dr.'s cameo...) > >tom baker!?!? > Damn, I could of swore the real Doctor was Sylvester McCoy. Shaughn "Damn those cybermen" Struble -- http://www.lucidx.com/is My egotistical webpage, links to all the webpages I don't keep in my sig. -- http://www.mp3.com/idolv Download some of my music. -- http://members.xoom.com/MaxxIda/ The Official Sam Kieth Webpage - The Maxx IDA -- Contemporary Cartoon Militia is (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble and Kris W. M. Struble. | The Li'l Depressed Boy, Phreeck, Spyder Hunt, and all related characters (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 16:35:59 -0500 From: Bob Scott Message-ID: <37165BBF.7D9E11E9@tmbg.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: non-TMBG: return and reverb carlyn nugent wrote: > Jim Kuemmerle wrote: > > tom baker!?!? > > > > --jim kuemmerle, probably waaaaaaaaaaaaaay off-base... > > Ha! But, yes, way off-base. It was John Pertwee! ur...no... C'mon! Who didn't love Colin (no relation to Tom) Baker. That was talent! That was wonder! That's the guy who apparently can do nothing today but guest star on Wishbone because he's so be-hated (the opposite of beloved). Bob "Patrick Troughton was an odd Doctor" Scott ------------------------------ From: LimeZinger@aol.com Message-ID: <6ac8c7c7.2447b6c2@aol.com> Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 17:40:18 EDT Subject: Re: non-TMBG: return and reverb In a message dated 4/15/99 4:36:59 PM, bobscott@TMBG.ORG writes: > That's the guy who apparently can do nothing today but guest star >on Wishbone because he's so be-hated (the opposite of beloved). wishbone.. LOL.. is that a step above or below carmen sandiego? and ohhh, i can make this semi-related (!?) ... in the folger's commercial, with rockapella from the aforementioned sandiego show (i only saw a couple episodes when i was 12.. i'm not an expert, really!) ... which one is the guy that sings with mono puff? sarah http://members.aol.com/limezinger --> look at it! yay! ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 02:40:51 -0500 Subject: TMBG: tator tots and polka dots Message-ID: <19990415.165650.6422.0.khurby@juno.com> From: jay jay mac gregor dear bob scott sir for about a half of a quarter of a sixth of a second at the very end of the song with busta rhymes and janet it sounds monopuff-esque of course, this might be a commentary on how you crazy kids find TMBG references in everything i.e. "my new lisence plate is 'F 404 448'!" "oh, isn't that from 'snowball in hell'? oh you're so clever betsy!" now, i know that no one here is named betsy, but hopefully you get my point. later, ya narcs. mike 'F 404 448!' k ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 16:01:48 -0600 (MDT) From: Jim Kuemmerle Subject: quasi-TMBG: rockapella field guide Message-ID: On Thu, 15 Apr 1999 LimeZinger@aol.com wrote: > and ohhh, i can make this semi-related (!?) ... in the folger's commercial, > with rockapella from the aforementioned sandiego show (i only saw a couple > episodes when i was 12.. i'm not an expert, really!) ... which one is the guy > that sings with mono puff? barry carl -- the really tall guy with the extremely deep voice. --jim kuemmerle, the almost tall guy with the below average voice... j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668/ 4/17 -- GLADE at burt's tiki lounge, 753 S 100 E, SLC, 10 pm. $0 4/20 -- GLADE at a cup of joe, 356 W 200 S, SLC, 9 pm $0 ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 16:05:32 -0600 (MDT) From: Jim Kuemmerle Subject: quite non-TMBG: the one true doctor... Message-ID: On Thu, 15 Apr 1999, Bob Scott wrote: > > > tom baker!?!? > > > > > > --jim kuemmerle, probably waaaaaaaaaaaaaay off-base... > > > > Ha! But, yes, way off-base. It was John Pertwee! ur...no... > > C'mon! Who didn't love Colin (no relation to Tom) Baker. ::raises hand:: > That was talent! That was wonder! that was *awful*. i'm not much of a peter davison fan either, but i at least feel sorry for *him* because he had to follow in the footsteps of tom baker, and he had to pal around with people like tegan and peri. bleah. give me romana or sarah jane anyday. > That's the guy who apparently can do nothing today but guest star > on Wishbone because he's so be-hated (the opposite of beloved). colin baker was on wishbone? are you serious? --jim kuemmerle, who's not. j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668/ 4/17 -- GLADE at the burt's tiki lounge, 753 S 100 E, 10 pm. $0 4/20 -- GLADE at a cup of joe, 356 W 200 S, SLC, 9 pm $0 ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.6.32.19990415170318.00914c30@pop.mindspring.com > Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 17:03:18 -0500 From: El Dee Bee Subject: Re: quite non-TMBG: the one true doctor... GALDANGIT! SYLVESTER MCCOY WAS GOD! Shaughn "Adrick" Struble -- http://www.lucidx.com/is My egotistical webpage, links to all the webpages I don't keep in my sig. -- http://www.mp3.com/idolv Download some of my music. -- http://members.xoom.com/MaxxIda/ The Official Sam Kieth Webpage - The Maxx IDA -- Contemporary Cartoon Militia is (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble and Kris W. M. Struble. | The Li'l Depressed Boy, Phreeck, Spyder Hunt, and all related characters (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble ------------------------------ From: LimeZinger@aol.com Message-ID: <90e6a9e0.2447bcd1@aol.com> Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 18:06:09 EDT Subject: Re: quasi-TMBG: rockapella field guide In a message dated 4/15/99 5:03:55 PM, J.Kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu writes: >barry carl -- the really tall guy with the extremely deep voice. > >--jim kuemmerle, the almost tall guy with the below average voice... > well i meant which _one_ is he. the fabio looking one? the curly haired one? and jim, when are those unhip fonts to surface? :) sarah http://members.aol.com/limezinger *yawn* ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 18:02:51 -0500 From: Laura Helbling Message-ID: <3716701B.A8BD0C65@thebigdogs.net> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: non-TMBG: return and reverb LimeZinger@aol.com wrote: > > That's the guy who apparently can do nothing today but guest star > >on Wishbone because he's so be-hated (the opposite of beloved). > > wishbone.. LOL.. is that a step above or below carmen sandiego? Ha, I'd have to say a step BELOW. But then, I'm somewhat obliged to say that, as my younger sibling seems to have some kind of addiction....I swear, she watches it almost every day, and my parents even permit her to tape it. Ahhh, what a bad use of tape, not to mention the space it takes up.... and she joined the fan club...... that groovy chick, Laura, who regrets she knows nothing about the semi-TMBG related part : ( "If I hear that damn "What's the story Wishbone" song one more time......"-me "Did you know every one *dies* ?"-my sister, after seeing Wishbone's Romeo and Juliet ------------------------------ Message-Id: <15APR99.20650712.0047.MUSIC@MARISTB.MARIST.EDU> Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 19:07:15 EDT From: Misty Subject: Re: TMBG: Remixes >>oy, i'm SO glad someone else said this. the world's address remix >>has got to >>be the ONE TMBG track i conveniently skip every time. and i'm not >>terribly fond >>of the S-E-X-X-Y remix, although it is more tolerable :) > No argument there. I heard the World's Address Remix before I heard the actual song. (I got Misc T before I got Lincoln.) And let me tell you I just do not like it. It is very repetitive, and I don't like that "9, 10....Big Ben" stuff. The only good line is "someone in the club tonight has stolen my ideas," which I actually quote sometimes. The SEXXY remix is better, but goes on too long, and is also repetitive. (But I actually do like when the Mortal Kombat-ish tune is played.) The Istanbul remix is nice, and I like that bit at the beginning, but I too hate the "This is a recording!" and "Edit" bits. But I do like the parts where the high-pitched voice goes "da, da, da, da, da, da, da-da- da-da" to the Istanbul tune.Snail Dust is also a pretty good remix; it almost sounds the Johns are speaking the song. And since Snail Shell is my least favorite of the four TMBG songs I've heard (sorry, I haven't heard the Guitar one) the remixes of, this remix isn't too big a blow to the original one. Maybe they should get the Dust Bros. for their next remix, rather than Joshua Fried. Misty, who's going to the Poughkeepsie show tonite. ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 18:33:39 -0500 From: "Jay G." Message-ID: <7f5sf6$145d$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Instores wrote in message news:8f2ae65a.2446d997@aol.com... > i've been trying very hard to come up with a new interesting TMBG thread. but > i can't. oh well. but i did. it's not very interesting though. > > is there any small chance d'ya think, that TMBG would be doing instores on > this tour? i'd guess no. actually, i hope not, because our camcorder is dead. > haha. (no that's no excuse. i'd make one of my friends videotape it.) i > looooved the tmbg instore i attended in '97. that was glorious. but i can > hope, right. ummm... someone can add to this. okay. > Are instore appearences that good? I've never been to one, just the live shows. I'd think the atmosphere of instores would be odd, what with people totally un-aware of the instore walking in, looking at CD's, wondering what that strange sound is. Also, are instores that long? -Jay ------------------------------ Message-Id: <4.1.19990415192726.00920bb0@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 19:28:51 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: Instores At 06:33 PM 4/15/99, Jay G. wrote: > >Are instore appearences that good? I've never been to one, just the live >shows. In-store appearances are fun because the instrumentation is a lot different. It's all acoustic (well, most in-stores I've been to have had the bassists plug in), and since there are so few people there, it feels a lot more intimate. >I'd think the atmosphere of instores would be odd, what with people totally >un-aware of the instore walking in, looking at CD's, wondering what that >strange >sound is. Also, are instores that long? They tend to run 20-30 minutes, or at least that's been my experience. -Adam -- /=---------------- http://www.he-man.org/ctyner/ ----------------=\ http://www.crystal-night.com/~ctyner/tuscadero.html http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ He-Man, Tuscadero, "Weird Al", Yoo-hoo, Killer Tomatoes, & more! ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 13:25:51 -0600 Subject: Re: TRL-TMBG: DAMMIT!!! Message-ID: <19990415.172917.20934.0.TMBgirl@juno.com> >Anyhow, it's all good. WE know how much TMBG rocks, and we don't need >to >MTV to affirm this. Bah. on top of all that's been said... what excatly do we hope to gain by having an old TMBG video played? We know that they don't even have Dr. Worm. No videos were even made for FS. So say that someone watching sees Don't Let's Start and thinks "wow, that's groovy." So the next time TMBG strolls through their town they're like "ok, i'll go." expecting to hear stuff similar to DLS.... they'll only be dissapointed because a)they don't sound liek that anymore and b)DLS doesn't even sound the same now-a-days in their live set (assuming they play it). And thus, the person will not be inclined to buy an album. [yes, i realize this is just one scenario... they could always end up liking it] But on top of that... who really watches TRL? teeny-bopper n'sync fans. yes, so what exactly is the likelihood that any of them are actually gonna be converted? okay, i'm sleepy... take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html NYC TOMORROW!! yay! :) ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 18:39:26 -0500 From: "Jay G." Message-ID: <7f5spq$14g9$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: videos Jason Fickley wrote in message news:199904150807.EAA192014@f04n07.cac.psu.edu... > Yeah, it's true. For a couple seconds Linnell is represented by the duck > and Flans is represented by the pig. Gadzooks! I used to watch that show on > a regular basis back in the day, and know I can't remember any of their > names! I do remember my favorite character was the dodo bird. The names were: Gogo the Dodo, Plucky Duck, and Hampton the pig. Others included Dizzy Devil ; Buster and Babs bunny (no relation) ; the kid Max ; the evil pet girl Elmira ; and Furball. Note: I haven't seen the show in years either. for the Tiny Toons TMBG videos, go here: http://alex.simplenet.com/tmbg/ -Jay ------------------------------ From: GhostKrabb@webtv.net (Dexter Flansburgh) Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 16:41:11 -0700 (PDT) Subject: Re: TRL-TMBG: DAMMIT!!! Message-ID: <2035-37167917-5540@postoffice-241.iap.bryant.webtv.net> I simply tried to get them on their for the feeling that I actually accomplished something for these 2 amazing guys who have brought so much joy into my life through theit music. I felt it was the least I could do to pay them back by getting 'em a little more exposure (which they greatly deserve). And on the other subject, I have never gone to see a band after hearing only one song (maybe if the concert were free I would). I also think that this person would take time to find out more about this musical marvel that is They Might Be Giants, since they really like one song, and I'm sure want more. Shouldn't they at least get The Pink Album. I'm sure they'd want to own a copy of Don't Let's Start since they seem to like it so much. But, you know, that's just me. I don't know much. me, Dexburger "I bought a donut from the donut store. Normally they have fantastic donuts. I took one bite and realized it was a cheap imitation donut from Bulgaria. It was disgusting. It was even worse than the Oklahoma donut I had a few years ago that was filled with plastic spikes. I had to be hospitalized for a few days. That is where I met my girlfriend. She worked at the circus selling balloons. She had accidentally swallowed one trying to impress her ex. She told me I was cute. She didn't ask about my weight problem. Later I told her that my Dad had owned a donut store that had burned down. He had put arsenic in one of the donuts and like 'Magic', he told me, Mom died." -Skeleton Key ------------------------------ Message-ID: <000c01be86d1$12613580$c35133cf@me> From: "Chris Campbell" Subject: Re: TMBG: Remixes Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 19:46:51 -0400 Hey all, I haven't posted for a while- Anyway, the 2nd cd I got was Misc. T (in 1993? The 1st was flood). Maybe it was because I was 8 or 9 at the time (my sister was actually the person doing the act of buying, but I still listen to them 24/7- I still do!) I could easily listen to that kinda stuff (as is the Worlds addy remix) and enjoy it- so maybe it was skeched into my brain and I still enjoy it today. Hmmmm, I'm a little scatter-brained maybe I should post more often (Then my computer will act up again) In got my laptop- I am happy, and somone is buying my laptop for a tiny sum so I can buy a luxory car 21 feet long- Hey, I have both of Brian Dewan's Hello cds, should I invest in the full length album? I know I should- is it availible at record stores? Enough Blabboring -The Feen (Chris Campbell) Dont blam mE fur gRAMMAR mestaks. The spel chekkr dusnt wuRk. Http://w3.to/tmbg feeny@tmbg.org ICQ# 22373843 AIM: Chriscam84 "Got a job at a Middle School teachin' human anatomy, I was the bag of bones without the bag all the children made fun of me! So I quit and I joined a rock group, my appearence was all the rage, but the music was much too loud for me and I was rattled off the stage!" -Brian Dewan ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 20:01:56 -0400 (EDT) From: "Kirsten L. Brodbeck" Subject: Re: TMBG: I think I'm living in the TwiLIST Zone Message-ID: On Thu, 15 Apr 1999, El Dee Bee wrote: > Yeah, I hate every single song by They Might Be Giants, but for some reason > I love the band itself. They are so quirky. :P Oddly enough, my friend John here said something startlingly similar to that, only he wasn't joking.. He was like, "I think I like TMBG as an *idea* more than I actually like listening to them..." He's kind of weird like that, but I love him anyway. Kirsten ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990416004637.21479.rocketmail@web220.mail.yahoo.com> Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 17:46:37 -0700 (PDT) From: KRS Tyler Subject: TMBG: Direct from Brooklyn When in God's name is Direct From Brooklyn comming. Don't give me this "I don't know??" Crap i know you know now tell me or parish. Some one's gonna get shot and it ain't gonna be me. "Geez, Chris calm Down" Sorry, I just need it now i need to know when? "Only time will tell" Don't give me that tmbg list bull sh*t give me answers. "Seek and yee shall find" Sorry i was bored but honestly when is it comming out === Chris Tyler Check out my sites: http://www.angelfire.com/ny2/12rods http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/stadium/8282 http://www.angelfire.com/ny/gamersquad _________________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 21:00:46 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: videos Message-ID: <19990415.210154.9782.0.hotel_detective1@juno.com> From: e f rae Crystal Cooper said: >but i heard that linnell was the little duck or something. Yes! Linnell was a green duck in a turtleneck and Flans was a pig (complete with glasses) playing a violin. They were riding a camel - and the camel SANG! I love cartoons. ever-sincere, eriKa, they're tiny, they're tooney, they're all a little looney "It's been cool to be cool for too long now and now it's cool not to be cool." - Ben Folds ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 21:01:00 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: More Pedialyte Please! Message-ID: <19990415.210154.9782.1.hotel_detective1@juno.com> From: e f rae Mike Leffel confessed: >Oregon killed my father. Yeah, and youth culture killed my dog. (COULDN'T RESIST! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!) And then he accused: >Maine however, stole my evil heart! No, I did, in revenge for stealing my memory! ever-sincere, eriKa, blowing the minds of pets everywhere with her hip-hop and her white funk "It's been cool to be cool for too long now and now it's cool not to be cool." - Ben Folds ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 21:01:49 -0400 Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: McClure/Shatner separated at birth? You decide... Message-ID: <19990415.210154.9782.3.hotel_detective1@juno.com> From: e f rae sarah raved, in her limey, zingy way: >yes! i saw that! i don't know why i was watching it, but it was nifty. and >anything involving shatner is instant comedy. :) and i LOVE that fear of pop >song. yes. yes! the cd too, but that's my favourite track. yes i do own the >cd. i paid my money. ;) You know, the chick on "Root to This" (Frally is her name, I believe), is Ben's new girlfriend and the rumored mother of his upcoming child. WOW! Just a bit of BF5 info for any fans on here (I gotta say it somewhere, my BF5 list is dead, methinks). ever-sincere, eriKa, faster than a three-peckered owl "It's been cool to be cool for too long now and now it's cool not to be cool." - Ben Folds ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #16-44 ******************************