Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #16-46 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 16, Number 46 Monday, 19 April 1999 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: vassar show Re: TMBG: vassar show Re: TMBG: vassar show (long rant about what they should do to their show) TMBG: I know I'm going to regret this. . . . TMBG: rantings about the current show Re: TMBG: I know I'm going to regret this. . . . Re: TMBG: rochester show Re: TMBG: Help! Important Deadline TMBG: Re: I know I'm going to regret this. . . . Re: TMBG: vassar show (long rant about what they should do to their show) Re: TMBG: vassar show (long rant about what they should do to their Re: TMBG: vassar show (long rant about what they should do to their show) Re: TMBG: rantings about the current show TMBG: Interps TMBG: Mst 3k and now SNZ TMBG: Re: Mst 3k and now SNZ TMBG: mtv an' stuff TMBG: tmbg on mtv.com NON-TMBG: Squirrel NZ's not broken up Re: TMBG: I think I'm living in the TwiLIST Zone TMBG/NonTMBG: Columbus Show and some video Re: TRL-TMBG: DAMMIT!!! TMBG: tomorrow's cincinnati show. Re: TMBG/NonTMBG: Columbus Show and some video Re: TMBG/NonTMBG: Columbus Show and some video Re: non-TMBG: return and reverb Re: TMBG: Angry Salad TMBG: Re: I know I'm going to regret this. . . . Re: TMBG: vassar show (long rant about what they should do to their TMBG: re: things Re: TMBG: I think I'm living in the TwiLIST Zone Re: TMBG: Angry Salad Re: TMBG: Angry Salad, Pissy Croutons, Bitching Soupspoon Re: TMBG: Angry Salad, Pissy Croutons, Bitching Soupspoon Re: non-TMBG: return and reverb Re: TMBG: Angry Salad, Pissy Croutons, Bitching Soupspoon NON-TMBG: help? Re: TMBG/NonTMBG: Columbus Show and some video NON-TMBG: Feh! Help! Re: TMBG: Angry Salad, Pissy Croutons, Bitching Soupspoon Re: TMBG: I know I'm going to regret this. . . . Re: non-TMBG: return and reverb Fwd: TMBG: Angry Salad, Pissy Croutons, Bitching Soupspoon TMBG: The World's Address (Joshua Fried ReMix) Non-TMBG: I'm 3 Days From New York City Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: GhostKrabb@webtv.net (Dexter Flansburgh) Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 15:27:45 -0700 (PDT) Subject: Re: TMBG: vassar show Message-ID: <4307-3717B961-641@postoffice-242.iap.bryant.webtv.net> Misty wrote: It was a good show because, hey, it was TMBG, but it was just too short. And the confetti/conga line/jam session after "Spy" things are just becoming too standard. Now I'm writing: NOOOOO!!! They can't stop until I see Them live. I've always wanted to experience the joy of TMBG live, and if They stop those things, they might not have anything else to do besides just perfroming. That would kill the joy! JOY-KILLER!!! me, Dexburger ------------------------------ From: LimeZinger@aol.com Message-ID: <1ecc0800.24491628@aol.com> Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 18:39:36 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: vassar show In a message dated 4/16/99 5:30:45 PM, GhostKrabb@webtv.net writes: > NOOOOO!!! They can't stop until I see Them live. I've always >wanted to experience the joy of TMBG live, and if They stop those >things, they might not have anything else to do besides just perfroming. >That would kill the joy! JOY-KILLER!!! stop the conga? who cares, if you're in the front row! :) conga schmonga; once in the front row, i'm not moving; even if it means flans standing in front of me telling me to conga. :) besides.. from what i've heard, people just end up getting trampled and losing their good spots. bleh. sarah http://members.aol.com/limezinger ------------------------------ Message-ID: Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 19:27:31 -0400 (EDT) From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: Re: TMBG: vassar show (long rant about what they should do to their show) this is long, but I tend to get long winded when talking about these things... and they're only my recommendations, which, sadly, John and John will not see... (or maybe that's a good thing - they should know their live show better than I do or think I might... :) Excerpts from internet.music.tmbg: 16-Apr-99 Re: TMBG: vassar show by Misty@MARISTB.MARIST.EDU > And the confetti/conga line/jam session after "Spy" things are just > becoming too standard. Heck, even the songs they play are. Aside from > the new material, I've heard them play all the other songs live before. > How about some "Don't Let's Start," or "Kiss Me, Son of God," or "The > End of the Tour"? And, again, I'd like to see the conga line retired. yeah, I have to agree on these things... the songs are still good, but the show is getting repetetive. It's one thing to do all the shows on a tour similarly, but when they come back to a city again they should really do something different... even some of the lead-ins have become standard... "Everybody conga," "Somebody took my eye," "Sorry I fucked up the show," "Born in a graveyard," and so on... and the props are very standard - the heads, the stick, the glockenspiel... same for the arrangements. I think they've been doing the slow->fast Ana Ng for over a year now, spanning multiple tours... and the Pet Name in the dark thing... but it's still TMBG, so I'll go see it... they don't have the variety that Moxy Fruvous tend to do, just because their music doesn't lend itself to that kind of variety - TMBG are only two people (pretty much) and can't really base a show around improv. plus, they currently don't have any song in their set that makes a great show opener... they used Older for a while, and Subliminal can work, but I saw them open with Finished with Lies last December... it's a good song, but not something to get the show going. Twisting sometimes works, but it almost needs something before it. And I Am Not Your Broom was just wrong the one time I saw them open with it... given their current arrangement, I think they should retire/add/change several things: retire: dummy heads/exquisite dead guy (maybe start actually singing it?) the stick (it was retired the first time because it got old, I think) the glockenspiel. everyone's seen it at least once now... it's been on a few tours. it's time for something new. and of course the songs associated with those props. songs to retire for at least a little while, anyway: Pet Name (boring) s-e-x-x-y (yes, it was the single, but that was 2.5 years ago... Snail Shell wasn't played at every show starting in at least mid-1997) james k. polk (or at least come up with a new way of doing it) the guitar (it's not as high energy a song as Flans makes it out to be, and the improv/bass solo have gotten out of hand) shoehorn with teeth (this should only be performed with horns and accordion. it sounds really weird on the keyboard) songs to re-work: ana ng (enough with the weird intro already) istanbul - it's so much better with horns... perhaps put Dan on keyboard and Linnell on accordion, for a less rock more "original" sound. twisting - perhaps use it as a lead in to "The Joker" again? songs to "dig up" (or at least consider digging up) The end of the tour cowtown out of jail someone keeps moving my chair purple toupee puppet head hotel detective '94 (or '87, really) the statue got me high space suit - that made such a good opener... Lawrence Solomon http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~lps/ lps@andrew.cmu.edu "Just because you're floating doesn't mean * This space inadvertently you haven't drowned." -They Might Be Giants * left with stuff in it. ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 20:10:32 -0500 Subject: TMBG: I know I'm going to regret this. . . . Message-ID: <19990416.201036.-303125.1.unforgotten@juno.com> From: Darryl K Rushing Hi there everyone, I figure I'm going to regret asking this. . .But here goes. If you could play only ONE TMBG song for a friend/acquaintance in order to give him/her a taste of what they are like, what would that ONE song be and why? ~Darryl K. Rushing, (AKA Keithers, Lyrrad, Lt. Cmdr. Darryl, The Statue Who Will Get You All High, etc.) "A woman's voice on the radio can convince you you're in love. A woman's voice on the telephone can convince you you're alone." -Piece of Dirt ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-ID: <004701be8871$6dd4d7e0$92810804@aah1084-access> From: "Amy :)" Subject: TMBG: rantings about the current show Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 21:27:06 -0400 Lawrence P Solomon wrote: >plus, they currently don't have any song in their set that makes a great >show opener... they used Older for a while, and Subliminal can work... Oh, how I would love to hear Subliminal live again! I have to say it's Their best live song ever...let me just paint you the picture: My first TMBG show ever (Bogart's, Cincinnati, OH, 5/95). The stage is dark, the opening act has played and gone. Dim stage lights come on, and we see movement on stage. All of a sudden, there's Linnell, sawing away on his accordion, and they begin a rockin' version of Subliminal - my words don't do it justice. I just want them to play it again :) Amy :) ------------------------------ From: GhostKrabb@webtv.net (Dexter Flansburgh) Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 18:31:46 -0700 (PDT) Subject: Re: TMBG: I know I'm going to regret this. . . . Message-ID: <2038-3717E482-5528@postoffice-241.iap.bryant.webtv.net> "Nothin's Gonna' Change My Clothes." That song really sorta' samples multiple TMBG flavors. It's got hard guitar riffs, smooth, whimsical, pretty much basic TMBG-ness, and very cool lyrics if you ask me. That would have to be the song I'd play for my friend. me, Dexburger "Nothin's smellin' like a rose, and I don't care if noone's comin' up for air. 'Cause I know nothin's gonna' change my clothes....ever, anymore" ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 22:42:06 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: rochester show Message-ID: <19990416.224209.12390.1.captainmarvel2@juno.com> From: Derek A Klein >so who's all going to the rochester show besides myself and prmega? i want >names goddammit. :) Names? Aw, cripe...well, as for my name, it's in the sig. And since PRMega is my other e-mail addy, I'll let you all guess what HIS real name is. I'm going with my friend...we are both tall, evil-lookin critters. Yes, I know how well that narrows it down for all who wish to hunt us... Derek "What is everyone staring at?" ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 22:23:03 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: Help! Important Deadline Message-ID: <19990416.224209.12390.0.captainmarvel2@juno.com> From: Derek A Klein >and if you can afford it, i would suggest getting the video compilation. the only >one i could find was a japanese import, and it was like $30 or $35, but well worth >the price. No, it sure as hell isn't worth the price. "Direct From Brooklyn" (the new video compilation) is due out April 27 (?). It's only about $16, and it has more videos on it than the original. Derek "What is everyone staring at?" ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 22:44:36 -0500 From: Bob Scott Message-ID: <371803A4.E11E19D5@tmbg.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re: I know I'm going to regret this. . . . Darryl K Rushing wrote: > If you could play only ONE TMBG song for a friend/acquaintance in order to > give > him/her a taste of what they are like, what would that ONE song be and > why? Whew! That is a tough question, because I'm gonna assume that most of us list-ies realize that our own favourite songs might not be very mainstream friendly, and thus a somewhat bad choice of song to use to introduce someone to the glory of TMBG. After a brief bit of thought, I've narrowed it down to 3: "Ana Ng", "Spiralling Shape", or "Til My Head Falls Off". Upon final consideration, I would have to say "Spiralling Shape" simply because it has such a cool sound to it, and because of the fact that it really has a catchy sort of all around good tune that I believe almost anyone could like if they really held an open mind... But for some reason, I'm sure there are people out there who hate it, and have some sort of convincing argument or another. AKA Bob "Angry that Iowa PTV thought it would be fun to show part 2 of a 2 part Red Dwarf before they showed part 1.... Bah!" Scott ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990417035954.53531.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: vassar show (long rant about what they should do to their show) Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 20:59:54 PDT Lawrence P Solomon wrote: >retire: >the glockenspiel. everyone's seen it at least once now... it's been >on a few tours. it's time for something new. Or They could use it for more songs than just "Shoehorn." -- May the light shine upon thee, Nathan Mulac "Born in a garage, raised in a graveyard" DeHoff DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ From: LimeZinger@aol.com Message-ID: <6b581780.2449621d@aol.com> Date: Sat, 17 Apr 1999 00:03:41 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: vassar show (long rant about what they should do to their In a message dated 4/16/99 12:01:19 AM, xornom@hotmail.com writes: >>retire: >>the glockenspiel. everyone's seen it at least once now... it's been >>on a few tours. it's time for something new. > >Or They could use it for more songs than just "Shoehorn." i'd like to hear the "cd shuffle" version again. :) maybe with a different song? sarah http://members.aol.com/limezinger ------------------------------ Message-ID: Date: Sat, 17 Apr 1999 00:36:02 -0400 (EDT) From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: Re: TMBG: vassar show (long rant about what they should do to their show) Excerpts from internet.music.tmbg: 17-Apr-99 Re: TMBG: vassar show (long.. by LimeZinger@aol.com > i'd like to hear the "cd shuffle" version again. :) maybe with a different > song? they still do it occasionally... at least they did at the last show I was at... I know they've done skipping CD versions of The Famous Polka and The Statue Got Me High, also. (sadly, the recording of the Statue one isn't very high quality) whenever I play accordion in a large group of people (don't ask :) someone always shouts out Particle Man. so, to make it more interesting, I decided to learn to play it really fast... sort of a skipping CD version. I think they should try that one, because that's one of those songs that's just... gotten really old. Lawrence Solomon http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~lps/ lps@andrew.cmu.edu "Just because you're floating doesn't mean * This space inadvertently you haven't drowned." -They Might Be Giants * left with stuff in it. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3717DAAA.106F522B@osu.edu> Date: Sat, 17 Apr 1999 00:49:50 +0000 From: Diana Kocar Subject: Re: TMBG: rantings about the current show Amy :) wrote: > > Oh, how I would love to hear Subliminal live again! I have to say it's > Their best live song ever.. That does sound really great. I can definitely picture that. But I think the one song I would love to see them do is Sleeping in the Flowers. It has always sounded to me like something they should do live but don't. I guess they have done it in the past but I've never seen it. I really love that song. I know the shows do get a little repetitive after you've been to 8 or so in the past 2 years, but the way I rationalize this is: I feel like I'm more of an insider somehow and more connected to the band because I know what they're going to do. I think to myself, "Oh where's the stick? They haven't done that yet. The stick is great!" Plus when they do do something new I get to freak and be like "who-hooo! This is REALLY exciting now!" :-) I get to go to the Columbus show in a couple weeks and I'm extremely excited (this will be my 8th show I believe). I don't know, there's something about TMBG shows that I just really, really love. The excitement of them first coming on stage, Linnell on the right with his blue keyboard table and Flans on the left usually talking away. The energy level that the band has is just wonderful, and I don't think any other band's show could ever equal a They Might Be Giants show in my eyes. I just feel automatically happy when they come on and I don't want the show to end. Diana "We could be sleeping in the flowers, we could sleep all afternoon You'd proclaim that you're an island I'd proclaim that I'm one too..." ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3717DE55.8CF83D36@osu.edu> Date: Sat, 17 Apr 1999 01:05:29 +0000 From: Diana Kocar Subject: TMBG: Interps I was looking on tmbg.org not too long ago (though I'll admit not very hard), and I couldn't find that big long list of song interpretations that I know I've found there before. Not divided up by album or anything. Just this big long list of every TMBG song ever created with possible interps. Could someone give me the address? Thanks. Diana, who feels like this: "I've got a message So before I get through I'll find your anwering machine And I'll sink it first." But wishes she were feeling like this "Up at dawn, and sleepy and yawning Still the taste of wine Then I remember you're mine And I've got a world that's fine." la la la ------------------------------ From: Gegatron@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Sat, 17 Apr 1999 03:07:58 EDT Subject: TMBG: Mst 3k and now SNZ Squirrel nut zippers broke up. Well there goes my favorite TV show and my second favorite group in the same year. Grrrr ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 17 Apr 1999 03:00:06 -0500 From: Bob Scott Message-ID: <37183F86.6230A252@tmbg.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re: Mst 3k and now SNZ Gegatron@aol.com wrote: > Squirrel nut zippers broke up. Well there goes my favorite TV show and my > second favorite group in the same year. Grrrr I wouldn't give up hope on MST3K just yet... I really didn't think Squirrel Nut Zippers was gonna be breaking up any time soon, since they'd been together relatively long compared to some of the current popular bands. Has a reason for the break-up been revealed? AKA Bob "I suppose it was the inevitable... :(" Scott ------------------------------ From: LimeZinger@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Sat, 17 Apr 1999 04:28:53 EDT Subject: TMBG: mtv an' stuff as bored as i am, i went to mtv's site.. apparently they're picking the 25 lamest videos (no tmbg... that's good anyway.. but there's some equally unplayed stuff). and you can vote. too bad they don't have ones they actually play as choices. hm. oh well. eddie murphy has a video called "Whatzupwitu"? okay. ohhh, and the istanbul brownsville mix is on the radio as i type. yesss.. "kick it." sarah ------------------------------ From: LimeZinger@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Sat, 17 Apr 1999 09:39:11 EDT Subject: TMBG: tmbg on mtv.com apologies again, and stuff... but... this seems to be new: http://www.mtv.com/mtv/bands_az/t/they_might_be_giants/index.html they actually included tmbg in their a-z list this time. there's videos of statue & puppet head. sick, sarah ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 17 Apr 1999 12:05:37 -0400 From: Destin Berthelot Subject: NON-TMBG: Squirrel NZ's not broken up Message-id: <3718B151.995E8BF3@rollins.edu> Not a big fan myself, but a good friend of mine is, so I checked out their official website and found this. So just calm down! Everybody calm down! News By Kenny, Updated 15 April 1999 I must point out that the following comments/opinions are mine alone. Posted By Ken Mosher: The Squirrel Nut Zippers are being sued for using the name Squirrel Nut Zippers. Because of the complex legal issues, I cannot comment further; I might get in more trouble than being sued, right?! The band has not broken up, as I previously stated. I'm sorry for misinforming you, but these circumstances are both professionally and emotionally difficult, and I let my frustration get the best of me. While I personally feel that spending time and money to tour and record are foolish under the cloud of these circumstances, and that our efforts over the last year and a half to rectify this situation have been for naught, I do not speak for anyone but myself. I do hope that these issues can be resolved, so the band may continue to make great music together. More details later. -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Destin Berthelot | "All persons, http://fox.rollins.edu/~dberthelot/ | living or dead, | are purely They Might Be Giants Visual Discography: | coincidental." http://members.xoom.com/theymightbe/ | -Kurt Vonnegut ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 17 Apr 1999 12:05:40 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: I think I'm living in the TwiLIST Zone Message-ID: <19990417.120750.9862.1.hotel_detective1@juno.com> From: "Cap'n eriKaa rae" me: >I'll get something up yer butt. the evil, evil, non-pirate Mike Leffel: >I'd prefer giving YOU something!! MUHUHAHAH! You stay away from me, or I'll run ye through!! Don't think I won't! I'm not kidding mister!! >Mike "that's the problem > with people named e f rae" Leffel Dangit! Just for that yer walking the plank! I've changed to my full title now anyway. Bask in its glory, while Mike sleeps with the fishes. ever-sincere, eriKa, people named Mike Leffel are retarded. April 23rd, 6pm at the Alliance First Friends Church - *RELIENT K*, Linus' Blanket, Boy Wonder, Asine, and Peroxide. Five bands, four dollars. It doesn't get any better. More info - (330) 874-2189, Relientque@aol.com. ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 17 Apr 1999 12:00:26 -0400 Subject: TMBG/NonTMBG: Columbus Show and some video Message-ID: <19990417.120750.9862.0.hotel_detective1@juno.com> From: "Cap'n eriKaa rae" Hey ya'll. I need information on what I believe was a Columbus show on April 29th... I may be able to go, but I need to know where it's at and all... I'd greatly appreciate any info anyone could give me... please! I'm desperate. I already have to miss the Cincinnati show... Feh. Oh, and yesterday morning before I left for school (circa 6:45 am or so), I turned on the TV and came across some odd video on VH1 - it was some guy reciting a commencement speech once given by Kurt Vonnegut, with a montage of bizarre images in the background. I had to go before I could see who did it... has anyone seen this? It was so odd... ever-sincere, eriKa, but I was hungry, Rabbi Goldberg! "It's been cool to be cool for too long now and now it's cool not to be cool." - Ben Folds ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 17 Apr 1999 12:07:39 -0400 Subject: Re: TRL-TMBG: DAMMIT!!! Message-ID: <19990417.120750.9862.3.hotel_detective1@juno.com> From: "Cap'n eriKaa rae" Bob Scott rambled: >Well, MTV doesn't really appreciate good music anymore, at least from >what I've seen and heard (people's tastes differ, of course). So, in such a >world, each fan of a band has to do whatever they can to get their favorite >band noticed. This can go from abducting the Lindbergh baby to threatening >major political landmarks with string candies. We each show our respect in >our own way for TMBG, and I say 'Bully to you!' for the gallant attempt to >get DLS on TRL. But as that has failed, perhaps handing out mercury laced >bonnets could be the next option? Perhaps we just need to send a representative or two from the list to Times Square or where-ever-the-hell-it-is to hang all over Jesse Camp during TRL like the screaming girlies do. I'm leading the trip, who else wants to come? Darryl, me hearty navigator, I'll be needin' a map to New York! We're sailing out Monday! But I will commend Dexter for his most noble efforts to give the world a taste of Them. Despite everyone telling him it wouldn't work, he struggled through and well... it didn't work. But he tried damn well hard enough to make it happen, which most people wouldn't do. The effort was there, his heart was in the right place, and that's all that matters. We love you, Dex! ever-sincere, eriKa, who will have you know that last night's *Relient K* show was rad! 30 Foot Bride played an awesome first show, and Linus' Blanket showed up. You all should have been there. "It's been cool to be cool for too long now and now it's cool not to be cool." - Ben Folds ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 05:43:38 -0400 Subject: TMBG: tomorrow's cincinnati show. Message-ID: <19990517.054343.2686.0.Phone_Book@juno.com> From: i think my name is jay or not Pleasant greetings to you, my fellows. Tomorrow shall I eagerly and again behold the majesty that is They Might Be Giants, at the Bogarts venue in Cincinnati. It has been nigh a half year since I last could feast my eyes and ears on the music of the Johns, and the hunger to break that fast is something both fierce and undeniable. It will doubtless be a glorious evening: parading through a veil of smoke, busting my eardrums directly in front of the speakers, nose stuffed with the scent of watered, canned liquor ... but I digress. Bribed with the purchase of his ticket, friend and unfan Matt will be my ride both ways and my company whilst there. However he IS an unfan, which is to say he is decidedly indifferent to the wonders of TMBG; and thus I would be far from averse to greeting any fellow fans who might brighten my evening from the grumblings of Matt the unfan. So, hey. I'll be the guy dressed far too warmly in black khakis and a black silk shirt--how confining my wardrobe!--glasses, longish right hand fingernails, and ... a big ass. Such an ill-proportioned posterior is the trait by which one might discern me from the inevitable plethora of my black-clad peers (were I a female, I could say I had ghetto-bootie, dammit). I look forward to it, hooray. Sorry, Captain EriKa. peace, love, and good happiness stuff, jay, who can't tell if he's serious half the time, either ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.5.32.19990417122810.00876b40@pop.cwru.edu> Date: Sat, 17 Apr 1999 12:28:10 -0400 From: Jeff Roberts Subject: Re: TMBG/NonTMBG: Columbus Show and some video >Oh, and yesterday morning before I left for school (circa 6:45 am or so), >I turned on the TV and came across some odd video on VH1 - it was some >guy reciting a commencement speech once given by Kurt Vonnegut, with a >montage of bizarre images in the background. I had to go before I could >see who did it... has anyone seen this? It was so odd... > >ever-sincere, >eriKa, >but I was hungry, Rabbi Goldberg! Well that wasn't Vonnegut that wrote it. Twas one of those internet hoax rumor thingys. I believe it was written by a reporter for the Chicago Tribune, well at least by some newspaper person anyway. It floated around the net in text for for about a year as a speech Vonnegut gave, but that was bogus. Then recently some cheeselog producer named Baz Lurman stuck some new age crap music behind it and they've been playing it on the radio constantly for the past coupla months. That 'song' annoys me. Even more than Hootie. Blarph! Jeff "You have to sleep late when you can. And all your bad days will end." -Flaming Lips Jeff Roberts President of Foolish Mortal Enterprises The Stylishly Violent God of Time and All Things Edible jlr3@po.cwru.edu modnar@one.net Visit the stylish schlock.org at http://schlock.home.ml.org ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 17 Apr 1999 12:20:07 -0400 From: Destin Berthelot Subject: Re: TMBG/NonTMBG: Columbus Show and some video Message-id: <3718B4B6.A6B315BA@rollins.edu> Guess I'm just in a non-tmbg clearing-up-misconceptions righting-wrongs kinda mood. As my .sig shows, I am partial to the works of Mr. Vonnegut, and that ain't no Vonnegut. It was an article written in '97 by a Chicago Tribune columnist and was immediately ditributed around the net, mistakenly credited to Vonnegut. Some other guy put it on an album, and the director of that horrid 1996 Romeo + Juliet movie made a remix, which is now being shown on MTV. There are better details here: http://www.tip.net.au/~port/sunscreen.html Cap'n eriKaa rae wrote: > Oh, and yesterday morning before I left for school (circa 6:45 am or so), > I turned on the TV and came across some odd video on VH1 - it was some > guy reciting a commencement speech once given by Kurt Vonnegut, with a > montage of bizarre images in the background. I had to go before I could > see who did it... has anyone seen this? It was so odd... -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Destin Berthelot | "All persons, http://fox.rollins.edu/~dberthelot/ | living or dead, | are purely They Might Be Giants Visual Discography: | coincidental." http://members.xoom.com/theymightbe/ | -Kurt Vonnegut ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 17 Apr 1999 12:32:55 -0400 Subject: Re: non-TMBG: return and reverb Message-ID: <19990417.123257.9862.4.hotel_detective1@juno.com> From: "Cap'n eriKaa rae" Mike "Thank-God-He's-Not-Leffel" Jones >i'd gleefully drill my own eyeteeth to see Fear and >Loathing in Las Vegas. Has any other Hunter Thompson fans seen it, >is it any good? I found it quite interesting, to say the least. >Yeah, i gots to go back to the galley and count me treasures. AR! >First Mate Mike the Unready >AR! Aarrrr! Join the team matey! Ya'll think if I asked nice enough that Linnell would play a jaunty sea tune on his accordion for me? Maybe if I used my piratess charms. ever-sincere, eriKa, does anyone know why my posts are all out of order? Replies to posts come before the original posts in my mailbox. It's confusing. "It's been cool to be cool for too long now and now it's cool not to be cool." - Ben Folds ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: Gurgi1299@aol.com Message-ID: <2220cd1c.244a11df@aol.com> Date: Sat, 17 Apr 1999 12:33:35 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Angry Salad In a message dated 4/16/99 3:41:05 AM Eastern Daylight Time, GhostKrabb@webtv.net writes: << he guitarist (bass is it?) from the Goo Goo Dolls (who I despise) with that long black hair and extremely grungy lookin'. >> I love the Goo Goo Dolls...I went to one of their concerts two (?) years ago, and was in the front row. My friends and I actually held a short (but funny) conversation with John and Robbie about bad hair cuts. I'm going to see them again in May with another friend...the same one that I converted to TMBG, and accompanied me to the Kutztown TMBG concert to make sure I would mind my manners (yeah, right). ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 17 Apr 1999 12:20:06 -0500 From: Mike Leffel Message-ID: <3718C2C6.6AD3265B@dragondata.com> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re: I know I'm going to regret this. . . . Darryl K Rushing wrote: > > Hi there everyone, > I figure I'm going to regret asking this. . .But here goes. If you could > play only ONE TMBG song for a friend/acquaintance in order to give > him/her a taste of what they are like, what would that ONE song be and > why? > "I did it my way" by Frank Sinatra. Mike "I'm more interesting than a wet pussycat!" Leffel ------------------------------ From: Gurgi1299@aol.com Message-ID: <9af2c41f.244a1db2@aol.com> Date: Sat, 17 Apr 1999 13:24:02 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: vassar show (long rant about what they should do to their <> I didn't hear the first two live, but James K. Polk, THe Guitar and Shoehorn (I thought) were really awesome. Then again, what do I know? I've only been to one show. BTW...I thought the confetti cannon was wonderful! ( Alison and I still have the confetti we attempted to catch like mad men) <> Hmm....I would LOVE to hear these songs live!!! Then again, there are many others that I would love to hear live. I actually have a checklist. ------------------------------ From: LimeZinger@aol.com Message-ID: <49adb194.244a216c@aol.com> Date: Sat, 17 Apr 1999 13:39:56 EDT Subject: TMBG: re: things In a message dated 4/17/99 12:09:00 PM, hotel_detective1@juno.com writes: >Perhaps we just need to send a representative or two from the list to >Times Square or where-ever-the-hell-it-is to hang all over Jesse Camp >during TRL like the screaming girlies do. I'm leading the trip, who else >wants to come? memememe! but when i meet jesse camp, i'm washing his hair and cutting it! grrrr! >:) >I turned on the TV and came across some odd video on VH1 - it was some >guy reciting a commencement speech once given by Kurt Vonnegut, with a >montage of bizarre images in the background. I had to go before I could >see who did it... has anyone seen this? It was so odd... read: http://www.canoe.ca/JamMusic/apr15_perry.html >Mike "Thank-God-He's-Not-Leffel" Jones hey, not the mike jones that i know, are ya? neh, probably not. sarah http://members.aol.com/limezinger "BWAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH" - leffel ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 17 Apr 1999 14:11:14 -0500 From: Bob Scott Message-ID: <3718DCD2.DA0AA522@tmbg.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: I think I'm living in the TwiLIST Zone Cap'n eriKaa rae wrote: > me: > >I'll get something up yer butt. > > the evil, evil, non-pirate Mike Leffel: > >I'd prefer giving YOU something!! MUHUHAHAH! > > You stay away from me, or I'll run ye through!! Don't think I won't! I'm > not kidding mister!! Duncan!!!!! I'm sorry... There just aren't any Duncan Donut stores in my town, and ever since the little guy who yelled "The Plane!" on Fantasy Island (the old series, you dolts!) died, life ain't been the same! > >Mike "that's the problem > > with people named e f rae" Leffel > > Dangit! Just for that yer walking the plank! He'll jump off the end of the plank, grab ahold of the plank, bounce into the lower orbit around our planet and then use his immense tactical abilities to fling himself to some dimension or other where YOU're walking the plank! > I've changed to my full title now anyway. Bask in its glory, while Mike > sleeps with the fishes. Wow! You seem to know a bit much about Mike's personal life... I always say to him... I say, "Mike!" I sez, "You gotta stop sleepin' wit da fishes! People are gonna talk!" But it was too late! THE BISHOP!!! > ever-sincere, > eriKa, > people named Mike Leffel are retarded. According to his own words, that would be true :P Bob "Not gonna have no more non-martyrs, no siree!" Scott ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 17 Apr 1999 14:21:11 -0500 From: Bob Scott Message-ID: <3718DF27.3141BFA8@tmbg.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: Angry Salad Gurgi1299@aol.com wrote: > I love the Goo Goo Dolls...I went to one of their concerts two (?) years ago, > and was in the front row. My friends and I actually held a short (but funny) > conversation with John and Robbie about bad hair cuts. I'm going to see them > again in May with another friend...the same one that I converted to TMBG, and > accompanied me to the Kutztown TMBG concert to make sure I would mind my > manners (yeah, right). Amazingly, the Goo Goo Dolls are playing in Nebraska at Wayne State College (students only, apparently), which is odd, because they don't tend to get currently popular bands. I have been given the opportunity to go since I know someone who goes there, but chose not to, as I'd rather see the Gin Blossoms. :P Then again, maybe Kurt Vonnegut! AKA Bob "Wow! What a pointless message I've just written!" Scott ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 17 Apr 1999 14:34:56 -0500 From: Mike Leffel Message-ID: <3718E260.39F90DF3@dragondata.com> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: Angry Salad, Pissy Croutons, Bitching Soupspoon > Amazingly, the Goo Goo Dolls are playing in Nebraska at Wayne State College Will you *STOP* giving out our LOCATION you idiot? Sometimes I regret making you come to this list, you namby pamby mommas boy! "Here! Here is a set of coordinates!" GEEZ! > (students only, apparently), which is odd, because they don't tend to get > currently popular bands. I have been given the opportunity to go since I know > someone who goes there, but chose not to, as I'd rather see the Gin Blossoms. :P > I LOVE that one song they did. That Jealousy, whatever. I lost my virginity to that song. > Then again, maybe Kurt Vonnegut! > I lost my virginity to KURT VONNEGUT! > AKA Bob "Wow! What a pointless message I've just written!" Scott As King Of The Pointless Messages I salute you! No wait.. I'm King Of The Munchkins. NO! I'm King Of The Hill! NO NO NO! I'm King Kong! No! I'm Doctor Who! No! I'm Leapy Lee! Mike "Oh wait.. I'm not done typing" Leffel AAAAANYWWAY: Some TMBG Content. It would seem that some rapper (Puff Daddy? I don't know these people and I'm not too inclined to look at it again as I'm reading online comics and porn) is releasing.. yes, you've guessed it.. an MP3 album. All I notice is that now that some RAPPER some POPULAR ICON FOR THE KIDS is releasing an MP3 album, oh boy isn't it cool! Lets focus on it, Media! WHEE! Finally SOMEONE is releasing an MP3 album! HUZZAH! Of course, I'm not probably going to be able to GET the damned TMBG MP3 album if it requires credit card payment only, so why do I even care? I DON'T! Mike "Puffy in my own special way" Leffel --listen for the MonoPuff sampling in B'Witched's new album! ------------------------------ From: LimeZinger@aol.com Message-ID: <74e15598.244a3de5@aol.com> Date: Sat, 17 Apr 1999 15:41:25 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Angry Salad, Pissy Croutons, Bitching Soupspoon mal@dragondata.com writes: > It would seem that some rapper (Puff Daddy? I don't know >these people and I'm not too inclined to look at it again >as I'm reading online comics and porn) is releasing.. yes, >you've guessed it.. an MP3 album. but he was arrested yesterday... and all i have to say.. is.. BWAHAHHA.. ;) apparently he beat up a guy. (http://www.canoe.ca/JamMusic/apr16_puffdaddy_ap.html) hehe. he could serve about 7 years in prison. YES. life is good. first fabio, now this. hooooooooey. "make him say 'uhh!"" sarah "kurt loder is a robot" skeptopotomous http://members.aol.com/limezinger ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990417194649.72366.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: non-TMBG: return and reverb Date: Sat, 17 Apr 1999 12:46:49 PDT Cap'n eriKaa rae wrote: >Ya'll think if I asked nice enough that Linnell would play a jaunty >sea tune on his accordion for me? Maybe if I used my piratess charms. Well, "Mr. Me" has a bit of a sea chantey feel to it, but I don't think They play that one much anymore (if They did ever; I've heard a live recording of it, but that might have been the only time They ever played it live, for all I know). If They were still doing Stump the Band, you could request something like "What Do You Do With A Drunken Sailor" or "Yo-Ho-Ho And A Bottle Of Rum," but They're not. -- May the light shine upon thee, Nathan Mulac "Shave his belly with a rusty razor" DeHoff DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 17 Apr 1999 14:48:46 -0500 From: Bob Scott Message-ID: <3718E59E.274379ED@tmbg.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: Angry Salad, Pissy Croutons, Bitching Soupspoon Mike Leffel wrote: > > Amazingly, the Goo Goo Dolls are playing in Nebraska at Wayne State College > > Will you *STOP* giving out our LOCATION you idiot? Sometimes > I regret making you come to this list, you namby pamby mommas > boy! "Here! Here is a set of coordinates!" GEEZ! 44' W Longitude... 126' N Latitude... No, those are just random L's and L's! Nothing to see here! Move along! > > AKA Bob "Wow! What a pointless message I've just written!" Scott > > As King Of The Pointless Messages I salute you! No wait.. I'm > King Of The Munchkins. NO! I'm King Of The Hill! NO NO NO! I'm > King Kong! No! I'm Doctor Who! No! I'm Leapy Lee! Thank you, Miss Thatcher! > It would seem that some rapper (Puff Daddy? I don't know > these people and I'm not too inclined to look at it again > as I'm reading online comics and porn) is releasing.. yes, > you've guessed it.. an MP3 album. All I notice is that now > that some RAPPER some POPULAR ICON FOR THE KIDS is releasing > an MP3 album, oh boy isn't it cool! Lets focus on it, Media! > WHEE! Finally SOMEONE is releasing an MP3 album! HUZZAH! Thank MTV and anyone who lives in an RV or even just the mini-series 'V' > Of course, I'm not probably going to be able to GET the > damned TMBG MP3 album if it requires credit card payment > only, so why do I even care? I DON'T! I'm sure you'll ruin your computer before it's release anyhow, so I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you. Or I could always sabatoge it when you least expect it... MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! > Mike "Puffy in my own special way" Leffel > --listen for the MonoPuff sampling in B'Witched's new album! Not only that, but they appear for 3 microseconds in the newest issue of Science News... Just use it like a flipbook, and you'll see Flans and the rest of Mono Puff waving merrily for a whole 3 microseconds! It's cooler than most dead alien fetus refrigeration units! AKA Bob "I'm not a dead alien fetus, if that's what you think I'm implying" Scott ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 12:39:49 -0400 Subject: NON-TMBG: help? Message-ID: <19990517.123951.2686.2.Phone_Book@juno.com> From: i think my name is jay or not if someone receives this and would be so nicely inclined, please send me an email--i haven't received any list emails the past two days, even my own, and i wonder... peace, love, and good happiness stuff, jay. ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 17 Apr 1999 21:43:34 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG/NonTMBG: Columbus Show and some video Message-ID: <19990417.214335.17710.0.hotel_detective1@juno.com> From: "Cap'n eriKa rae" Destin Berthelot corrected me: >Guess I'm just in a non-tmbg clearing-up-misconceptions righting-wrongs >kinda mood. As my .sig shows, I am partial to the works of Mr. Vonnegut, >and that ain't no Vonnegut. Ah. My father told me it was Vonnegut... my mistake, excuse me. ever-sincere, eriKa, goodbye blue monday! "It's been cool to be cool for too long now and now it's cool not to be cool." - Ben Folds ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 17 Apr 1999 22:51:05 -0400 Subject: NON-TMBG: Feh! Help! Message-ID: <19990417.225107.2974.0.hotel_detective1@juno.com> From: "Cap'n eriKa rae" Why in the hell am I not receiving any posts from the list? How do I fix this? Help! ever-sincere, eriKa, loud, rowdy and pissed off "It's been cool to be cool for too long now and now it's cool not to be cool." - Ben Folds ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 18 Apr 1999 00:16:29 -0400 (EDT) From: Colleen Anne McClanahan Subject: Re: TMBG: Angry Salad, Pissy Croutons, Bitching Soupspoon Message-ID: Um. The Gin Blossoms are now defunct. :( This makes me very sad. However, I did see them once in concert (with the Goo Goo Dolls, actually.) Goo Goo opened, Gin Blossoms headlined. Gin Blossoms, who i went to see, sucked, while Goo Goo Dolls blew me away. :) I don't know if any of this post is serious or not. Um. I'm just adding my worthless two cents. I get to see John Linnell in.. 20 or so hours? I'm walking on sunshine, baby! Love always, Colleen Anne > > > (students only, apparently), which is odd, because they don't tend to get > > currently popular bands. I have been given the opportunity to go since I know > > someone who goes there, but chose not to, as I'd rather see the Gin Blossoms. :P > > > > I LOVE that one song they did. That Jealousy, whatever. I > lost my virginity to that song. > > > Then again, maybe Kurt Vonnegut! > > > > I lost my virginity to KURT VONNEGUT! > > > AKA Bob "Wow! What a pointless message I've just written!" Scott > > > > As King Of The Pointless Messages I salute you! No wait.. I'm > King Of The Munchkins. NO! I'm King Of The Hill! NO NO NO! I'm > King Kong! No! I'm Doctor Who! No! I'm Leapy Lee! > > > Mike "Oh wait.. I'm not done typing" Leffel > > AAAAANYWWAY: Some TMBG Content. > > > It would seem that some rapper (Puff Daddy? I don't know > these people and I'm not too inclined to look at it again > as I'm reading online comics and porn) is releasing.. yes, > you've guessed it.. an MP3 album. All I notice is that now > that some RAPPER some POPULAR ICON FOR THE KIDS is releasing > an MP3 album, oh boy isn't it cool! Lets focus on it, Media! > WHEE! Finally SOMEONE is releasing an MP3 album! HUZZAH! > > Of course, I'm not probably going to be able to GET the > damned TMBG MP3 album if it requires credit card payment > only, so why do I even care? I DON'T! > > Mike "Puffy in my own special way" Leffel > --listen for the MonoPuff sampling in B'Witched's new album! > ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 18 Apr 1999 00:33:13 -0400 (EDT) From: "Kirsten L. Brodbeck" Subject: Re: TMBG: I know I'm going to regret this. . . . Message-ID: On Fri, 16 Apr 1999, Darryl K Rushing wrote: > Hi there everyone, > I figure I'm going to regret asking this. . .But here goes. If you could > play only ONE TMBG song for a friend/acquaintance in order to give > him/her a taste of what they are like, what would that ONE song be and > why? Ana Ng, because it's my absolute favorite, and I think in many ways it's TMBG at their best -- unbelievably catchy music, insightful lyrics, and that mix of humor and angst that we know and love. Kirsten "I almost wrote 'loave' instead of love" Brodbeck ------------------------------ Message-ID: <005501be895b$5f96cc20$d82c0904@aah1084-access> From: "Amy :)" Subject: Re: non-TMBG: return and reverb Date: Sun, 18 Apr 1999 01:21:51 -0400 Cap'n eriKa asked: >Ya'll think if I asked nice enough that Linnell would play a jaunty sea >tune on his accordion for me? Maybe if I used my piratess charms. Maybe if you brought him a bounty of treasures from the sea... Amy :) ...I just wanted to say bounty of treasures :) ------------------------------ From: Gurgi1299@aol.com Message-ID: <554e3a5a.244b2a80@aol.com> Date: Sun, 18 Apr 1999 08:30:56 EDT Subject: Fwd: TMBG: Angry Salad, Pissy Croutons, Bitching Soupspoon In a message dated 4/18/99 12:17:05 AM Eastern Daylight Time, colleen@mik.uky.edu writes: << Um. The Gin Blossoms are now defunct. :( This makes me very sad. However, I did see them once in concert (with the Goo Goo Dolls, actually.) Goo Goo opened, Gin Blossoms headlined. Gin Blossoms, who i went to see, sucked, while Goo Goo Dolls blew me away. :) >> I was going to see a concert with the Goo Goo Dolls opening for the Gin Blossoms! Unfortunately, my ride backed out the day before I bought the tickets, so I never got to see the Gin Blossoms. Hmm....I seem to be having a problem with getting rides to concerts....Maybe if I had a trustworthy car that didn't break everytime I touched it would rid me of that problem! (I might be able to drive then) [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (message/rfc822)] > On a different note, I recently got the S-E-X-X-Y single. Does anyone > else find that remix at the end of the CD totally unbearable? Just like > the World's Address remix, I cannot stand it! > Hmmm.... this is the second time on this list that I've heard someone express dislike for the Fried ReMix of "address". (Can't remember who said it the first time, maybe you, Diana?). This is weird to me, I LOVE that version of 'World's Address', I certainly think it's more interesting than the original. I think this tune was sort of the precursor for Mono Puff, you know, a combination of TMBG's (dare I say it?) "quirkiness" with dance beats, samples, etc. This works for me in a big way, I suppose if you're not into urban/dance music it might not seem like such a good combo. my 2 c bert r. np: Negativland "Escape from Noise" PS Hello to all new members of list. -- My homepage - slightly more interesting than watching grass grow: http://www.hcc.cc.fl.us/services/faculty/bertrubini/home.htm From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Sun Apr 18 10:58:59 1999 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.2/8.9.2) id KAA59110 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Sun, 18 Apr 1999 10:58:59 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from dilbert.mix-net.net (root@dilbert.mix-net.net [207.51.81.3]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.2/8.9.2) with ESMTP id KAA59101 for ; Sun, 18 Apr 1999 10:58:58 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from feeny@tmbg.org) Received: from me (max442.mix-net.net [207.51.81.239]) by dilbert.mix-net.net (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id KAA00983 for ; Sun, 18 Apr 1999 10:58:56 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <002401be88e2$9abb38a0$955133cf@me> From: "Chris Campbell" To: Subject: Non-TMBG: I'm 3 Days From New York City Date: Sat, 17 Apr 1999 10:57:23 -0400 MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0021_01BE88C1.12BE9C60" X-Priority: 3 X-MSMail-Priority: Normal X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook Express 5.00.2314.1300 X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V5.00.2314.1300 Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: "Chris Campbell" This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0021_01BE88C1.12BE9C60 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello fellow people of the higher class:-) Monday I am going on a trip with my family (I haven't been out of new = England with my family since I was in 2nd grade, I'm in High School = now!!) We are going to Atlantic City (This is beyond me, Is there = anything to do there? I know there is gambling- but- That's not = exciting). Then on Tuesday we are going to NYC, I have never been there = (I have been through the Bronx). Anyway, I need some places of interest = to go to. This is my list so far. -See The Statue Of Liberty (not necessarily go out to it in a boat) -Go up the Empire State Building -See/Go up the world trade tower (Can You? I saw Homer Simpson do it = when his car was illegally parked in NYC:-) -See NYC (Do they have good tours?) -Try to find the same Cafe Seinfeld was based on (Anyone know where this = is???) -Go to Brooklyn to get my picture taken with my accordion in the same = field John and John had their latest Info Club poster done. (well, my = accordion is full size- and really heavy!) -Try to sink Manhattan Is there anything else I should be going to?? BTW, I am spending the = night in/near NYC- where should I stay? I'm looking for a GOOD, CHEAP, = hotel (not a $10 a night cardboard box) but nut $300 a night either. My = family probably wouldn't be comfortable staying right in the city. I should be able to get at least half a day in NYC on Wednesday, so I = really need more things to do. THANK YOU EVER SO MUCH!!!!! -Your Pal, Chris! (Feeny) Maybe I should just sing the bridge of New York City.. "Statue of = Liberty, Statin Island Ferry.... ------=_NextPart_000_0021_01BE88C1.12BE9C60 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
    Hello fellow people of the higher = class:-)
Monday I am going on a trip with my family (I = haven't been out=20 of new England with my family since I was in 2nd grade, I'm in High = School=20 now!!)  We are going to Atlantic City (This is beyond me, Is there = anything=20 to do there? I know there is gambling- but- That's not exciting). Then = on=20 Tuesday we are going to NYC, I have never been there (I have been = through the=20 Bronx). Anyway, I need some places of interest to go to. This is my list = so=20 far.
-See The Statue Of Liberty (not necessarily go out = to it in a=20 boat)
-Go up the Empire State Building
-See/Go up the world trade tower (Can You? I saw = Homer Simpson=20 do it when his car was illegally parked in NYC:-)
-See NYC (Do they have good tours?)
-Try to find the same Cafe Seinfeld was based on = (Anyone know=20 where this is???)
-Go to Brooklyn to get my picture taken with my = accordion in=20 the same field John and John had their latest Info Club poster done. = (well, my=20 accordion is full size- and really heavy!)
-Try to sink Manhattan

Is there anything else I should be going to?? BTW, I = am=20 spending the night in/near NYC- where should I stay? I'm looking for a = GOOD,=20 CHEAP, hotel (not a $10 a night cardboard box) but nut $300 a night = either. My=20 family probably wouldn't be comfortable staying right in the = city.
I should be able to get at least half a day in NYC = on=20 Wednesday, so I really need more things to do.
THANK YOU EVER SO MUCH!!!!!
-Your Pal, Chris! (Feeny)
Maybe I should just sing the bridge of New York = City.. "Statue=20 of Liberty, Statin Island Ferry....
------=_NextPart_000_0021_01BE88C1.12BE9C60-- ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #16-46 ******************************