Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #16-49 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 16, Number 49 Thursday, 22 April 1999 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: everybody conga! TMBG: Linnell's Rampant Disregard for Fans? (No Flans content, including thi Re: TMBG: Linnell's Rampant Disregard for Fans? (No Flans content, Re: TMBG: Linnell's Rampant Disregard for Fans? (No Flans content, TMBG: interview with flans Re: TMBG: Linnell's Rampant Disregard for Fans? (No Flans TMBG: Re: interview with flans TMBG: Re: Linnell's Rampant Disregard for Fans? (No Flans content, including Re: TMBG: everybody conga! Re: TMBG: interview with flans TMBG: Re: interview with flans TMBG: Re: interview with flans TMBG: help me order please TMBG: Return of... The OLD Guy! TMBG: Vogue show stuff (was re: TMBG Digest #blah blah) Re: TMBG: everybody conga! Re: TMBG: Re: Linnell's Rampant Disregard for Fans? (No Flans TMBG: Fear & Loathing on TMBG list / Times Square Re: TMBG: Return of... The OLD Guy! Re: TMBG: everybody conga! TMBG: New Song Re: TMBG: Re: Linnell's Rampant Disregard for Fans? (No Re: TMBG: Re: Linnell's Rampant Disregard for Fans? Re: TMBG: Linnell's Rampant Disregard for Fans? (No Flans Re: TMBG: New Song TMBG: running in place TMBG: just a moment of your time? Re: TMBG: just a moment of your time? Re: TMBG: just a moment of your time? TMBG: Video Comp TMBG: Rochester show pout.. RE: TMBG: Video Comp Re: TMBG: Video Comp Re: TMBG: Video Comp Re: TMBG: Video Comp Re: TMBG: Video Comp Re: TMBG: Video Comp Re: TMBG: Video Comp TMBG: annoying thread TMBG: Re: just a moment of your time? Re: TMBG: annoying thread Re: TMBG: Video Comp TMBG: I'll be gone. . . . Re: TMBG: annoying thread TMBG: CT show TMBG: Re: Hey? denver incident Re: TMBG: annoying thread Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-ID: <000a01be8b88$19896380$5aa6bfd1@cannon> From: "eRiCh" Subject: Re: TMBG: everybody conga! Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 16:47:04 -0700 You know-- I have reason to believe that it was at my show (bumbershoot festival - seattle 1998) where the conga line originated because we began congaing BEFORE flansburgh broke out in song. I have a recording of the show and you can tell how the band slowly picks it up and then after awhile it is all together and good. Then two nights later my friend went to the portland oregon show and flansburgh broke out in song THEN they congaededdedd. So that is why i believe it was us Seattle tmbgers that began the whole conga line at tmbg shows. eRiCh ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 19:02:07 -0500 From: Bob Scott Message-ID: <371D157F.E8905E29@tmbg.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Linnell's Rampant Disregard for Fans? (No Flans content, including this This message is more in reference to a post on alt.music.tmbg than anything on the list, so don't go taking offense or anything! Anyhoo, someone referred to the 4/19 Indianapolis show, and mentioned how he didn't get Linnell's autograph after the show because Linnell "had to go". What is everyone's opinion on this sort of thing? The message on the list took a hostile stance, saying that if Linnell can't give sigs, then TMBG should rot in hell for eternity, etc... I thought this was a bit extreme. Not giving out autographs after a show doesn't make you the antichrist, at least not so far as I can tell. I'd have to say that if you're in a band like TMBG, there are gonna be times when you gladly give autographs after a show, and other times where you have other things to do, and might not have time. I've heard stories of the John's taking time to drink coffee with fans and whatnot, and I have no justifiable way of pointing out any evidence to support anything I've said, because I've never been to a concert. But those of you that have can state your defense of John in this. As I see it, he has just as much of a right to privacy as any one of his fans (though he is a celebrity, and that automatically drops one's privacy quite a bit. I'll shut up now, as I've really stated very little that you all didn't already know. AKA Bob "Someday I'll experience TMBG, and then I'll know things... GREAT things!" Scott "You paid 7 billion dollars for a phone bill?" "Look, I'm not that smart!" ------------------------------ From: Kaylum@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 20:17:28 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Linnell's Rampant Disregard for Fans? (No Flans content, Linnell is a genius. To condemn him because he isn't social and wouldn't sign something for you is not only incredibly selfish but stupid as well. I mean, I can understand a little disappointment, but that guy on the newsgroup sounded like getting an autograph was at *least* as important as the music, and that's just way out of wack. Kay ------------------------------ From: LimeZinger@aol.com Message-ID: <98216b8f.244e75cd@aol.com> Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 20:29:01 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Linnell's Rampant Disregard for Fans? (No Flans content, In a message dated 4/20/99 8:07:15 PM, bobscott@tmbg.org writes: > This message is more in reference to a post on alt.music.tmbg than >anything on the list, so don't go taking offense or anything! Anyhoo, >someone referred to the 4/19 Indianapolis show, and mentioned how he >didn't get Linnell's autograph after the show because Linnell "had to >go". > What is everyone's opinion on this sort of thing? i think that were i in linnell's situation, i'd do the same thing. my friend posted something similar to this on the ng, but that doesn't mean i can't reiterate it here. ... i'm not all that chatty with strangers myself. once i get to know people, i'm completely opposite and stuff.. but people who don't generally know me think of me as rude.. and i know i for one, certainly wouldn't want to be surrounded by fans of mine who think they know me and identify with me. let alone the occasional and possible obsessive fan(s)... you never know what they will do. but i hate crowds as it is. i couldn't imagine being mobbed by a bunch of lunatics. you gotta give linnell credit for being nice about it. i saw a clip on mtv the other day of quentin tarantino spitting at a camera, giving it the finger and saying "fuck off!".. now, admittedly it was amusing.. but i've yet to hear stories of linnell pulling such shennanigans, and whatnot. john and john are different personalities of course (just let's not start ye olde kersey personality thread again ;)). flans is more of an extrovert, linnell's the apparent introvert. >The message on the >list took a hostile stance, saying that if Linnell can't give sigs, then >TMBG should rot in hell for eternity, etc... I thought this was a bit >extreme. Not giving out autographs after a show doesn't make you the >antichrist, at least not so far as I can tell. it certainly doesn't. he's not obligated to do anything. he played his show, now let him go. maybe people are so used to other bands - or even flansburgh - coming out to greet fans, that they expect linnell should. or maybe it's just the greediness that exists today. many people are selfish idiots. bleh. > I'd have to say that if you're in a band like TMBG, there are gonna >be times when you gladly give autographs after a show, and other times >where you have other things to do, and might not have time. I've heard >stories of the John's taking time to drink coffee with fans and whatnot, i've met flans twice.. once after a mono puff show, he & robin were in a hurry, but stopped to sign and take pictures as they were walking to a van. they were very gracious about it. the second time was after a tmbg show. there was no pressure, flans wasn't in a rush, and he was in a great mood. i told him i was one of the people at that mono puff show in the rain, and he smiled. :) he even obliged to a hug from a fellow fan. >and I have no justifiable way of pointing out any evidence to support >anything I've said, because I've never been to a concert. *gasp* ... get yer arse up here, man! > I'll shut up now, as I've really stated very little that you all >didn't already know. no, that's a'ight... we could use a little tmbg-related discussion on this here list.. heheh. sarah http://members.aol.com/limezinger ------------------------------ From: Jeremy Skrenes Subject: TMBG: interview with flans Message-ID: Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 08:15:51 -0500 i did a somewhat impromptu interview with flans today on our campus radio station. he did most of the talking, all i did was bring up a few points such as new music and the tour and such, and let things happen. we made a few jokes about neither of us having a computer with an mp3 player so we're not quite sure "long tall weekend" (is that it) even exists. i got a chance to ask him a few monopuff questions, and then asked about the kids album and the austin powers thing. they're actually doing the opening theme to austin powers, with flans's wife singing. it'll be kind of a james bond type song, i guess. they were approached originally with the idea of changing the words to dr. worm, but said they would rather write something else, and that's how it evolved. as for the kids album, it's still being written, and as of now, will be released under the name they might be giants. flans actually expressed some difficulty with writing children's songs. he doesn't want to write the kind of kids songs that kids see through right away, because those are the songs he hated as a kid. he also says it'll be a split between educational songs like wdtss (not sure if that will be on there itself), and more goofy songs like clowntown, which will be on. just thought you'd all like to have the info. jeremy * ----------------------------------------- Jeremy Skrenes Email: Jeremy.Skrenes@valpo.edu Valparaiso University ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 21:55:04 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: Linnell's Rampant Disregard for Fans? (No Flans Message-ID: <19990420.220005.2870.0.captainmarvel2@juno.com> From: Derek A Klein Actually, it was like one guy that was pissed at Linnell, and the rest of the newsgroup was pissed at him. He was getting totally bitched at for being such an insensitive bastard. Derek "What is everyone staring at?" > What is everyone's opinion on this sort of thing? The message on the list took >a hostile stance, saying that if Linnell can't give sigs, then TMBG should rot in >hell for eternity, etc... I thought this was a bit extreme. Not giving out autographs >after a show doesn't make you the antichrist, at least not so far as I can tell. ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 19:40:35 -0400 From: The Great Quux Message-ID: <371D1073.15D5B7A@stardatecomputer.com> Organization: Stardate Computer Systems Subject: TMBG: Re: interview with flans Jeremy Skrenes wrote: > now, will be released under the name they might be giants. flans > actually expressed some difficulty with writing children's songs. he > doesn't want to write the kind of kids songs that kids see through > right away, because those are the songs he hated as a kid. he also that's made my day. this album is going to be cool, and i can even call it a "real" tmbg album (i wonder if it will say "They Might Be Giants' Seventh Album"). -- Mike Russo, www.walrus.com/~stardate, Brooklyn, NY -- I don't want a goldfish, I want a dog! ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 19:45:46 -0400 From: The Great Quux Message-ID: <371D11AA.9FAB9637@stardatecomputer.com> Organization: Stardate Computer Systems Subject: TMBG: Re: Linnell's Rampant Disregard for Fans? (No Flans content, including Bob Scott wrote: I waded through all the ng messages this generated before checking here, wow there were a lot. But I really can't have an opinion as such because I can't even see myself waiting outside waiting for Them to come out... I'd be just as scared of Linnell as he would be of me. If I worked on a newspaper or something I'd jump at the chance to interview him, although I probably wouldn't have much to say except the usual "do you have any idea how cool you are and stuff?". oh well, back to listening to misc t.... -- Mike Russo, www.walrus.com/~stardate, Brooklyn, NY -- I don't want a goldfish, I want a dog! ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 19:46:46 -0400 From: The Great Quux Message-ID: <371D11E6.8ECD3DDE@stardatecomputer.com> Organization: Stardate Computer Systems Subject: Re: TMBG: everybody conga! eRiCh wrote: > > You know-- I have reason to believe that it was at my show (bumbershoot > festival - seattle 1998) where the conga line originated because we began > congaing BEFORE flansburgh broke out in song. I have a recording of the show but NOKMP really IS a conga-song, so it's only natural... -- Mike Russo, www.walrus.com/~stardate, Brooklyn, NY -- I don't want a goldfish, I want a dog! ------------------------------ Message-ID: <001201be8bbe$2472c120$26a6bfd1@cannon> From: "eRiCh" Subject: Re: TMBG: interview with flans Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 23:13:56 -0700 What did Mr. Flansburgh say about "Long Tall Weekend"? eRiCh ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 02:03:48 -0500 From: "Jay G." Message-ID: <7fjsmd$149$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re: interview with flans Jeremy Skrenes wrote in message news:SIMEON.9904200851.A@muahost.valpo.edu... > i did a somewhat impromptu interview with flans today on our campus > radio station....... Did you get this recorded? Is there any way you could put this up on the net, via realaudio or mp3, or at least a transcript? -Jay ------------------------------ From: Jeremy Skrenes Subject: TMBG: Re: interview with flans Message-ID: Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 08:05:16 -0400 (EDT) i got the interview on tape, and i suppose i could make it available via mp3 or whatever. give me a while on it though, the concert is today and i have to coordinate that, so i'll be busy. as far as the questions about long tall weekend and monopuff, long tall weekend is on goodnoise, and it seemed unclear as to whether or not it was totally up there yet, i.e. 100% available. neither of us were sure since we don't have computers with mp3 players. we made a few jokes about how it might be a big scam. flans is currently busy with tmbg, and hal cragin (sp), the other main collaborator in monopuff, just moved to california, so there are no immediate future monopuff plans. not to worry though, flans said he enjoys working with monopuff, and hopes to make things happen with them again. j * ----------------------------------------- Jeremy Skrenes Email: Jeremy.Skrenes@valpo.edu Valparaiso University ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990421105145.13932.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Crystal Cooper" Subject: TMBG: help me order please Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 03:51:39 PDT hi there everyone i need help. i was on www.tmbg.com just then. i was going to order a bunch of merchandise and spend a very large amount on my mother's credit card, which amount would get rather larger with the bad exchange rate and all, but i am prepared! anyway, i was filling in the shipping address and i noticed that there is no box for 'country'. therefore, some very lucky person in probably america will recieve my very expensive order. and i won't, because they won't know which country to send my order to. so i was wondering if a) anyone knows how to contact the web site and tell them about that; or b) whether anyone else from out of america has ever ordered from tmbg.com and what they did in that situation. and maybe if you could e-mail me off-list that would be good, because i sometimes get rather behind on the list itself. especially since the digests are so huge and my very slow computer usually stops halway through and i have to refresh the thing like 4 times before i can finally read the whole lot. Crystal ~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ "when i walk down the street most guys look like elves i don't mean to put them down but they do" --> "Extra Savoir-Faire", They Might Be Giants Coming Up For Air -- Crystal's Ben Folds Five page http://members.xoom.com/DrPyser265/bf5/ ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <001901be8bf9$17fdd020$1df1c4cc@ois-010783.DOA.STATE.LA.US> From: "John Voorhees" Subject: TMBG: Return of... The OLD Guy! Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 08:15:57 -0500 Well, it seems that SOME people around here aren't willing to just let me be The Old Guy. A few upstarts haved dared to point out that I'm not actually the oldest person on the list. Well, read that subject line, sunshine. Does it say "The OLDEST Guy"? NO, dadblast it! I'm The Old Guy by declaration, not by some competition. It's not something I'm "hung up" about! It's my schtick, ya little goons! And getcher hands offen my cane! It's hard to believe that uncivilized rodents like some of you can actually be fans of the unrivalled Try Meat By Gregory. John Voorhees AKA The Old Guy ------------------------------ Message-ID: <371DE775.897A57F4@rosevc.rose-hulman.edu> Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 09:57:57 -0500 From: Chad Maloney Subject: TMBG: Vogue show stuff (was re: TMBG Digest #blah blah) Lawrence P Solomon wrote: > > the original lyrics are something like this: > > Statue of Liberty, Staten Island Ferry, Alphabet City, Breakfast at > Tiffany's. Central Park, Brooklyn Bridge, the Empire State where King > Kong Lived. Flansy did the King Kong lived line at the Vogue show in Indianapolis. I could give you more great details but they frisk you something fierce at the door (what the heck is up with that?!? I have been to umpteen gazillion concerts in the last 2 years I had not been frisked at a single one. Erk.) so Mr. DAT Deck didn't get to listen to Mr. Show like I did. But nothing really new at that show that was different from the last time I saw Them. Confetti cannon (though Linnel was really entertained by how he had to ask the heads in front of him to move during the beginning of the song). Puppetheads. Bass drum. Closed with (surprise) Istanbul. Glockenspiel. For all you clothing oriented people, Flans had a button down patterned shirt and black jeans and the Professor had a green pocket shirt and jeans with low top cons. Dan Miller had this slick fur hat too. This was my first Dan Miller show, do I guess that was something different. I was impressed by how much Weinkaupf and Miller have fun on stage and play around with each other. Very enjoyable to watch. Dan Miller did a really great job holding down greatgg chops but still playing in a respectable way (or in a word description un-Schermerhorn-ious). Though Graham is still my favorite bass player TMBG has had, Weinkaupf does well. Flans was really into the show which was good to see. Some ass from the crowd yelled out Play Some F**king Music early on and Flans kept that in mind through the whole show. He also screwed up the end of the Guitar after the bass solo so they just sorta melded it into the next song. He had a whale of a time with that bass drum and broke 3 strings on Twistin' I think. Oh, and Michael Shelley was decent. A little non-descript, but still decent. He invited the crown back to his hotel room if they wanted to go. I wonder if anyone took him up on it. - Chad ------------------------------ Message-ID: <371DE6B0.482271DE@sevenlands.com> Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 10:54:40 -0400 From: carlyn nugent Subject: Re: TMBG: everybody conga! eRiCh wrote: > > You know-- I have reason to believe that it was at my show (bumbershoot > festival - seattle 1998) where the conga line originated because we began > congaing BEFORE flansburgh broke out in song. I have a recording of the show > and you can tell how the band slowly picks it up and then after awhile it is > all together and good. Then two nights later my friend went to the portland > oregon show and flansburgh broke out in song THEN they congaededdedd. So > that is why i believe it was us Seattle tmbgers that began the whole conga > line at tmbg shows. eRiCh I went to a show on the John Henry (1994?) tour where everyone did the conga to NOKMP, so I don't think it originated in 1998. CN ------------------------------ From: Kreadoubt@aol.com Message-ID: <580b184e.244f5a84@aol.com> Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 12:44:52 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Linnell's Rampant Disregard for Fans? (No Flans Hello, Well, I met both John Flansburgh and John Linnell this past September in Oregon, totally by mishap. I met Flansburgh as i was wandering around trying to find La Luna in Portland. I was wearing my TMBG Bug T-shirt and as I was passing this enclosed parking lot, this guy passed me on the otherside of fence and quickly turned around with this big friendly smile and said "HI!" About scared the crap outta me....it was John Flansburgh. Asked if I was looking for the club and I told him that I was. He went on to tell me that I had found the place, told me how to get to the front door, and then told me what time the door opened. He also told me to "...stand in the front row, I'll WAVE to you" Yeah ooooooooook was all I could say, he chuckled and said "well, yah know" I almost burst out laughing, who'd a thunk that I'd get directions to the club from the BAND! About 2 hours later I was aimlessly walking around trying to amuse myself, when i passed 3 people walking towards me. The guy on the far left had this almost terrified and yet confused look on his face. I thought perhaps I knew this person but couldn't place his face, so as I got close enough I just kinda waved at the three and said "hello". Thinking, if anyone of them really knew me they'd stop. The guy on the left just stared at me as if expecting more from. Just as we passed, it dawned on me....the terrified looking individual was none other than John Linnell. I stopped dead and whirled (out of shock more than anything), only to find myself staring face to face with John Linnell. He had this big friendly grin on his face and said "I was wandering if you knew who I was" I told him it just hit me.. He asked me if I was going to the show and I answered I was. He told me to enjoy the show and I said I would and we both said good bye and went about our ways. Anyways...that's my "meeting of the Johns" story.... -Kreadoubt "uh huh, yeah, it was, yea...I ....yeah well....I....Linnell...SHUT UP!" JF ------------------------------ Message-Id: <371E0298.3C5B543D@mail.hcc.cc.fl.us> Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 12:53:45 -0400 From: Bert Rubini Organization: none Subject: TMBG: Fear & Loathing on TMBG list / Times Square > would have ot disagree with the some of the prevoius statements > about Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. I thought the movie was > excellent, so much so that after the first viewing, my roommate and I > bought it on DVD, and we fire it up about three to five times a week. > The movie is great just for the spectacle of it all, > Well, I never said I didn't like the movie. In fact, I mentioned that I thought it was a good movie. I said i was a *LITTLE* disappointed in the specific aspect that it didn't offer much that the book didn't already have. I never intended to say "FLLV is a bad movie" or anything like that, just "I wish it would have been more than a practically verbatim reading of the book". > Times Square: Really has cleaned up over the years, and most of the > theater district hovers around this area. Stay away from the XXX stuff. > The XXX stuff is GONE. In fact, the Times Square of yesterday is also gone. I was in NYC (my 13th, 14th trip?) a month ago, and I couldn't believe how different Times Square is. Its like some aliens came down and beamed up the whole scene, and put down Main Street, USA instead. > >At the end of the show, Flans actually said, "We love playing the > >Vogue." I don't think they say stuff like that very often. > > They said that the first two times I saw them at Bogarts in > Cincinnati, if I remember correctly. So there. > really? when They played Bogart's, They mentioned that They love playing the Vogue? That's pretty weird. They must REALLY like the Vogue. > Besides, my father told me it was Vonnegut. Ya'll can beat it into him > with a stick. > Wow! thanks. bert r. np: Them Mighty Big Galoots, "Hearing Aid" -- My homepage - now updated with even more boring photos and mindless tedium!: http://www.hcc.cc.fl.us/services/faculty/bertrubini/home.htm ------------------------------ From: GhostKrabb@webtv.net (Dexter Flansburgh) Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 11:09:17 -0700 (PDT) Subject: Re: TMBG: Return of... The OLD Guy! Message-ID: <17593-371E144D-1060@postoffice-241.iap.bryant.webtv.net> Oh yeah, I almost forgot. When's your birthday old dude. me, Dexburger ------------------------------ Message-ID: Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 14:42:10 -0400 (EDT) From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: Re: TMBG: everybody conga! Excerpts from internet.music.tmbg: 21-Apr-99 Re: TMBG: everybody conga! by carlyn nugent@sevenlands > I went to a show on the John Henry (1994?) tour where everyone did the > conga to NOKMP, so I don't think it originated in 1998. yeah, it was definitely around in 1994, although back then a much larger portion of their shows were in theaters, rather than clubs, so a conga line was often impossible, given that two years before that, there was that polka incident in Milwaukee. They were probably a little hesitant to try to ask the audience to get up and dance in such a setting. Lawrence Solomon http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~lps/ lps@andrew.cmu.edu "Just because you're floating doesn't mean * This space inadvertently you haven't drowned." -They Might Be Giants * left with stuff in it. ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 14:12:40 -0400 Subject: TMBG: New Song Message-ID: <19990421.144728.3086.0.captainmarvel2@juno.com> From: Derek A Klein http://www.thislife.org/ra/special/tmbg.ram I finally got around to d/ling this song (God only knows how long ago it was posted) only to realize I can't play .ram files. So I'm wondering: Can anyone out there in TMBG-land convert this to a different file for me (wav, mp3, rm, whatever)? Let me know. Thanks. Derek "What is everyone staring at?" ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: Gurgi1299@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 15:08:47 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Linnell's Rampant Disregard for Fans? (No In a message dated 4/21/99 12:48:51 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Kreadoubt@aol.com writes: << Hello, Well, I met both John Flansburgh and John Linnell this past September in Oregon, totally by mishap. I met Flansburgh as i was wandering around trying to find La Luna in Portland. I was wearing my TMBG Bug T-shirt and as I was passing this enclosed parking lot, this guy passed me on the otherside of fence and quickly turned around with this big friendly smile and said "HI!" About scared the crap outta me....it was John Flansburgh. Asked if I was looking for the club and I told him that I was. He went on to tell me that I had found the place, told me how to get to the front door, and then told me what time the door opened. He also told me to "...stand in the front row, I'll WAVE to you" Yeah ooooooooook was all I could say, he chuckled and said "well, yah know" I almost burst out laughing, who'd a thunk that I'd get directions to the club from the BAND! About 2 hours later I was aimlessly walking around trying to amuse myself, when i passed 3 people walking towards me. The guy on the far left had this almost terrified and yet confused look on his face. I thought perhaps I knew this person but couldn't place his face, so as I got close enough I just kinda waved at the three and said "hello". Thinking, if anyone of them really knew me they'd stop. The guy on the left just stared at me as if expecting more from. Just as we passed, it dawned on me....the terrified looking individual was none other than John Linnell. I stopped dead and whirled (out of shock more than anything), only to find myself staring face to face with John Linnell. He had this big friendly grin on his face and said "I was wandering if you knew who I was" I told him it just hit me.. He asked me if I was going to the show and I answered I was. He told me to enjoy the show and I said I would and we both said good bye and went about our ways. >> Damn...I think my life would be complete if I got to actually meet the Johns in person!! (That is, if I didn't die of a heart attack!) ::adds "Meet John and John" to list of things I want to do before I die:: Guess I'll never die...it took me over 5 years just to get to one concert!! ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199904211936.PAA49320@f04n07.cac.psu.edu> Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 15:37:48 -0400 From: Jason Fickley Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Linnell's Rampant Disregard for Fans? I met them both in Cleveland at the Endfest or whatever it was called. Linnell, predictably, didn't venture much past "Hi, thanks for coming", etc. I did have a nice little conversation with Flans, though. Oddly, most of our (short) conversation centered around Pittsburgh after he asked where I was from... --Jason-- > Well, I met both John Flansburgh and John Linnell this past September in > Oregon, totally by mishap. ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 15:52:57 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: Linnell's Rampant Disregard for Fans? (No Flans Message-ID: <19990421.155358.9862.1.hotel_detective1@juno.com> From: "Cap'n eriKa rae" Bob Scott said: >Anyhoo, someone referred to the 4/19 Indianapolis show, and mentioned how he >didn't get Linnell's autograph after the show because Linnell "had to >go". What is everyone's opinion on this sort of thing? I have to agree with everyone else - Linnell is entitled to do what he likes, which means that if he's not in the mood to go schmoozing with the fans, then he doesn't have to. And not everyone's so social that they're comfortable in a crowd of people telling you how great you are (sure, it sounds good in theory, but I'm sure that in reality, it's probably rather nerve wracking)... besides, like Sarah said, a lot of people aren't very chatty with strangers (I'm not either, and I also have a tendency to get antsy in large crowds anyway). And yeah, people should be just happy to see them perform music - I mean, their whole job is to play music for the fans. People expect too much sometimes. Damn, I'd be happy if I could just get to a show. On another note, Rolling Stone gave Ben Folds Five's new album, The Unauthorized Biography of Reinhold Messner, three and a half stars. Hooray! ever-sincere, eriKa, it looks great on a T-shirt, too! April 23, 6 pm at Alliance First Friends Church - *Relient K*, Linus' Blanket, Boy Wonder, Asine, Peroxide. Five bands, four bucks. It doesn't get any better. More info - (330) 874-2189, Relientque@aol.com (or ask me!). ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 15:36:24 -0500 From: "Jay G." Message-ID: <7flca4$pfm$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: New Song Derek A Klein wrote in message news:19990421.144728.3086.0.captainmarvel2@juno.com... > http://www.thislife.org/ra/special/tmbg.ram > > I finally got around to d/ling this song (God only knows how long ago it > was posted) only to realize I can't play .ram files. So I'm wondering: > Can anyone out there in TMBG-land convert this to a different file for me > (wav, mp3, rm, whatever)? Let me know. Thanks. eRiCh has put it up as a mp3 in a zip file at the site: http://members.xoom.com/ecannon/giants.htm It's the one titled "I'm Sick" -Jay ------------------------------ From: filthyscarecrow@webtv.net Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 15:45:42 -0500 (EST) Subject: TMBG: running in place Message-ID: <27591-371E38F6-2089@postoffice-123.bryant.webtv.net> my brother's girlfriend went to the vogue show and during the puppet thing flans took the puppet and ate her hair with it. he he. "im not fuckin around. i am three inches tall on this fuckin mic. i wanna rock!" -ben folds ------------------------------ From: filthyscarecrow@webtv.net Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 16:11:01 -0500 (EST) Subject: TMBG: just a moment of your time? Message-ID: <27594-371E3EE5-1190@postoffice-123.bryant.webtv.net> um, sorry to interupt, but i was wonderin gif maybe some one knew were the following quote is from "open the pod bay door, HAL". i was looking through the old digests for stuff ive written before (its my idea of fun) and saw that written in the subject line of a mail i wrote. i forget where its from. ow ow. danny. curiosly expanded, horribly burnt, and utterly dead. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <371E3F1E.3B4D02C8@sevenlands.com> Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 17:11:58 -0400 From: carlyn nugent Subject: Re: TMBG: just a moment of your time? I believe that quote would be from "2001: A Space Odyssey". CN filthyscarecrow@webtv.net wrote: > > um, sorry to interupt, but i was wonderin gif maybe some one knew were > the following quote is from "open the pod bay door, HAL". i was looking > through the old digests for stuff ive written before (its my idea of > fun) and saw that written in the subject line of a mail i wrote. i > forget where its from. > > ow ow. > > danny. > curiosly expanded, horribly burnt, and utterly dead. > > > > ------------------------------ Message-ID: <002001be8c3e$bec69960$5999e7ce@balloon> From: "balloon" Subject: Re: TMBG: just a moment of your time? Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 17:34:28 -0400 that would be 2001: Space Oddessy -Eric um, sorry to interupt, but i was wonderin gif maybe some one knew were the following quote is from "open the pod bay door, HAL". i was looking through the old digests for stuff ive written before (its my idea of fun) and saw that written in the subject line of a mail i wrote. i forget where its from. ow ow. danny. curiosly expanded, horribly burnt, and utterly dead. ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 18:00:45 -0400 Subject: TMBG: Video Comp Message-ID: <19990421.180051.-150211.0.jbparke@juno.com> From: Jeff Parker I just ordered my video comp at www.cduniverse.com. It's the cheapest place that i've found so far ($11.40 US) so i figured i'd share in case somebody was looking for a place to order it. Also here's a track listing... don't know if anyone posted one yet but if they did, here's one more for the road! Track Song Title 1 Doctor Worm - (previously unreleased) 2 Snail Shell - (previously unreleased) 3 Guitar (The Lion Sleeps Tonight), The - (previously unreleased) 4 Statue Got Me High, The - (previously unreleased) 5 Istanbul (Not Constantinople) - (previously unreleased) 6 Birdhouse In Your Soul - (previously unreleased) 7 They'll Need A Crane 8 Purple Toupee 9 Ana Ng 10 Hotel Detective, (She Was A) 11 Don't Let's Start 12 Put Your Hand Inside The Puppet Head 13 Istanbul (Not Constantinople) - (previously unreleased) 14 Particle Man - (previously unreleased) That's it... v^v Jeffro v^v ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 18:04:46 -0400 (EDT) From: Beth Connell Subject: TMBG: Rochester show pout.. Message-ID: Sigh. My plans to attend the Rochester show have fallen through. My ride's got other things she'd rather do. Philistine. So I'm pouting. :( That's it. I'm learning to drive. Beth <*> http://members.tripod.com/~xerisi <*> This space for rent. <*> <*> Do the dumb things I gotta do. Touch the puppet head. <*> <*> TMBG, MST3K, RHPS, BTVS, PMEB, GASP, DW, RD: IHNL. (VBG) <*> <*> "Occasionally, I'm callous and strange." <*> ------------------------------ Message-ID: From: "kgreenwell@sa.kevric.com" Subject: RE: TMBG: Video Comp Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 17:11:00 -0500 Organization: KEVRIC aaauugghhh!!! i feel like such a schmuck. can't believe i paid three times that for half the videos. i bought the video compilation, long after its original release, and it was only available as an import, which means expensive. if i'd only known about this SIX MONTHS ago, i could have prevented this tragedy. sheez. oh well, i guess the only consolation is the groovy japanese lettering on the cover that i don't understand. oh well. okay, back into camouflage mode. kristi On Wednesday, April 21, 1999 5:01 PM, Jeff Parker [SMTP:jbparke@juno.com] wrote: > I just ordered my video comp at http://www.cduniverse.com. It's the cheapest > place that i've found so far ($11.40 US) so i figured i'd share in case > somebody was looking for a place to order it. Also here's a track > listing... don't know if anyone posted one yet but if they did, here's > one > more for the road! ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 19:37:36 -0400 From: Destin Berthelot Subject: Re: TMBG: Video Comp Message-id: <371E6140.4338C6B8@rollins.edu> Um? Anyone else notice the extra Istanbul and the Particle Man? CDnow seems to agree with the "8 unreleased tracks" dealie... what, are they releasing those Tiny Toons videos that they hate? What else could those be? Linnell has said they'd never release a live performance video, cos they hate the way they look... Jeff Parker wrote: > > I just ordered my video comp at www.cduniverse.com. It's the cheapest > place that i've found so far ($11.40 US) so i figured i'd share in case > somebody was looking for a place to order it. Also here's a track > listing... don't know if anyone posted one yet but if they did, here's > one > more for the road! > > Track Song Title > 1 Doctor Worm - (previously unreleased) > 2 Snail Shell - (previously unreleased) > 3 Guitar (The Lion Sleeps Tonight), The - (previously unreleased) > 4 Statue Got Me High, The - (previously unreleased) > 5 Istanbul (Not Constantinople) - (previously unreleased) > 6 Birdhouse In Your Soul - (previously unreleased) > 7 They'll Need A Crane > 8 Purple Toupee > 9 Ana Ng > 10 Hotel Detective, (She Was A) > 11 Don't Let's Start > 12 Put Your Hand Inside The Puppet Head > 13 Istanbul (Not Constantinople) - (previously unreleased) > 14 Particle Man - (previously unreleased) > > That's it... > > v^v Jeffro v^v -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Destin Berthelot | "All persons, http://fox.rollins.edu/~dberthelot/ | living or dead, | are purely They Might Be Giants Visual Discography: | coincidental." http://members.xoom.com/theymightbe/ | -Kurt Vonnegut ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ------------------------------ From: LimeZinger@aol.com Message-ID: <69642bb1.244fbcce@aol.com> Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 19:44:14 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Video Comp In a message dated 4/21/99 7:39:44 PM, dberthelot@Rollins.Edu writes: >Um? Anyone else notice the extra Istanbul and the Particle Man? CDnow >seems to agree with the "8 unreleased tracks" dealie... what, are they >releasing those Tiny Toons videos that they hate? What else could those >be? Linnell has said they'd never release a live performance video, cos >they hate the way they look... i *think*, though i could be wrong...that there are 2 istanbul videos. one is clay like the particle man video. (i've seen the PM vid on the old squirt tv.. when it was on comedy central's "comedy off central".. anyone remember that? it was almost exactly 4 years ago.. i remember because i was packing for a trip to washington as i saw it ) .. i recall hearing the '2 istanbul' story sometime... i don't think i'm making it up... honest. sarah ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 20:22:30 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: Video Comp Message-ID: <19990421.202232.-150211.1.jbparke@juno.com> From: Jeff Parker I'm not totally positive, but i believe on either the cdnow or cduniverse site the description said there was a mix of live and studio videos. Maybe that's what the extra two are all about... That's it... v^v Jeffro v^v On Wed, 21 Apr 1999 19:37:36 -0400 Destin Berthelot writes: >Um? Anyone else notice the extra Istanbul and the Particle Man? CDnow >seems to agree with the "8 unreleased tracks" dealie... what, are >they >releasing those Tiny Toons videos that they hate? What else could >those >be? Linnell has said they'd never release a live performance video, >cos >they hate the way they look... > >Jeff Parker wrote: >> >> I just ordered my video comp at www.cduniverse.com. It's the >cheapest >> place that i've found so far ($11.40 US) so i figured i'd share in >case >> somebody was looking for a place to order it. Also here's a track >> listing... don't know if anyone posted one yet but if they did, >here's >> one >> more for the road! >> >> Track Song Title >> 1 Doctor Worm - (previously unreleased) >> 2 Snail Shell - (previously unreleased) >> 3 Guitar (The Lion Sleeps Tonight), The - (previously unreleased) >> 4 Statue Got Me High, The - (previously unreleased) >> 5 Istanbul (Not Constantinople) - (previously unreleased) >> 6 Birdhouse In Your Soul - (previously unreleased) >> 7 They'll Need A Crane >> 8 Purple Toupee >> 9 Ana Ng >> 10 Hotel Detective, (She Was A) >> 11 Don't Let's Start >> 12 Put Your Hand Inside The Puppet Head >> 13 Istanbul (Not Constantinople) - (previously unreleased) >> 14 Particle Man - (previously unreleased) >> >> That's it... >> >> v^v Jeffro v^v > >-- >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ >Destin Berthelot | "All persons, >http://fox.rollins.edu/~dberthelot/ | living or dead, > | are purely >They Might Be Giants Visual Discography: | coincidental." >http://members.xoom.com/theymightbe/ | -Kurt Vonnegut >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ > ------------------------------ Message-Id: <2.2.32.19800107002949.01cc7724@pop-server.austin.rr.com> Date: Sun, 06 Jan 1980 19:29:49 -0500 From: Mitchell Harding Subject: Re: TMBG: Video Comp At 07:44 PM 4/21/99 EDT, you wrote: > i *think*, though i could be wrong...that there are 2 istanbul videos. one >is clay like the particle man video. (i've seen the PM vid on the old squirt What is the other Istanbul video like? I've only seen the claymation one. Harf, Mitch http://ccwf.cc.utexas.edu/~mitcharf/index.html "The only people for me are the mad ones: mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, who never yawn or say a commonplace thing but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars." - Jack Kerouac Do you want money? This is probably a scam of some kind, but I can't find the risk: http://www.alladvantage.com/go.asp?refid=ANT153 ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199904220031.UAA48916@f04n01.cac.psu.edu> Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 20:32:06 -0400 From: Jason Fickley Subject: Re: TMBG: Video Comp Wow, I was unaware there was any PM video whatsoever, other than the Tiny Toons video. I doubt the Tiny Toons videos would be on there, considering TMBG had no input on their creation. Also, if they're releasing 2 rare videos (that I didn't even know existed) in the 2nd I (NC) and PM, why wasn't the infamous Rabid Child video included? :) --Jason-- At 07:44 PM 4/21/99 -0400, LimeZinger@aol.com wrote: > >In a message dated 4/21/99 7:39:44 PM, dberthelot@Rollins.Edu writes: > >>Um? Anyone else notice the extra Istanbul and the Particle Man? CDnow >>seems to agree with the "8 unreleased tracks" dealie... what, are they >>releasing those Tiny Toons videos that they hate? What else could those >>be? Linnell has said they'd never release a live performance video, cos >>they hate the way they look... > > > i *think*, though i could be wrong...that there are 2 istanbul videos. one >is clay like the particle man video. (i've seen the PM vid on the old squirt >tv.. when it was on comedy central's "comedy off central".. anyone remember >that? it was almost exactly 4 years ago.. i remember because i was packing >for a trip to washington as i saw it ) .. i recall hearing the '2 >istanbul' story sometime... i don't think i'm making it up... honest. > >sarah > ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199904220111.VAA67414@f04n07.cac.psu.edu> Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 21:12:41 -0400 From: Jason Fickley Subject: Re: TMBG: Video Comp At 08:22 PM 4/21/99 -0400, Jeff Parker wrote: >I'm not totally positive, but i believe on either the cdnow or cduniverse >site the description said there was a mix of live and studio videos. The plot thickens... (insert the sound heard on the band intro tracks from Then: TEY) --Jason-- ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 18:00:51 -0400 From: The Great Quux Message-ID: <371E4A93.A32B6B37@stardatecomputer.com> Organization: Stardate Computer Systems Subject: TMBG: annoying thread Please forgive me for starting this, but... you know you're a TMBG-head when you want "Mrs Train" to be your wedding song. -- Mike Russo, www.walrus.com/~stardate, Brooklyn, NY -- I don't want a goldfish, I want a dog! ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 18:08:56 -0400 From: The Great Quux Message-ID: <371E4C78.32BFA783@stardatecomputer.com> Organization: Stardate Computer Systems Subject: TMBG: Re: just a moment of your time? filthyscarecrow@webtv.net wrote: > the following quote is from "open the pod bay door, HAL". i was looking That movie where John Flansburgh and Hal Cragin are up in space and John says to Hal, "Open the pod bay door, HAL". -- Mike Russo, www.walrus.com/~stardate, Brooklyn, NY -- I don't want a goldfish, I want a dog! ------------------------------ From: LimeZinger@aol.com Message-ID: <97df578.244fdd69@aol.com> Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 22:03:21 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: annoying thread In a message dated 4/21/99 10:01:01 PM, miker@stardatecomputer.com writes: >you know you're a TMBG-head when you want "Mrs Train" to be your wedding >song. hmm.. were i getting married -- and i'm *not* -- i'd rather go with something like "she's an angel," eh? hmm.. sarah ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 18:18:08 -0400 From: The Great Quux Message-ID: <371E4EA0.3A967C14@stardatecomputer.com> Organization: Stardate Computer Systems Subject: Re: TMBG: Video Comp Destin Berthelot wrote: > > Um? Anyone else notice the extra Istanbul and the Particle Man? CDnow > seems to agree with the "8 unreleased tracks" dealie... what, are they > releasing those Tiny Toons videos that they hate? What else could those I know they didn't collaborate on those, but I don't think they ever said they actually hated them or anything. They're cute kinda. -- Mike Russo, www.walrus.com/~stardate, Brooklyn, NY -- I don't want a goldfish, I want a dog! ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 22:19:35 -0500 Subject: TMBG: I'll be gone. . . . Message-ID: <19990421.222449.-9251.0.unforgotten@juno.com> From: Darryl K Rushing Hello everyone, I'm going to make this short and sweet. Due to certain. . .legal problems, (Don't ask. I won't tell.) I will be losing email as well as internet access. I want you all to remember that I think of you all as a big family. And I don't take losing brothers and sisters too well. . . I'll miss you all terribly. I don't want to drag this out this time. Goodbye, my best friends. Perhaps, some day we'll be in contact again online. I'm going to put my home address in this email as well as my phone number, so those of you who want to may keep in touch. Keep it real. Darryl K. Rushing 7 Cabot Avenue Gadsden, AL 35904 (256) 546-9577 This is my permanent resignation. My brother too will be gone, just so you all know. I really hope that some of you will keep in touch. Feel free to reply to this, but. . .Don't be surprised if I don't receve it. Again, I love you all. ~Darryl K. Rushing, (AKA Keithers, Lyrrad, Lt. Cmdr. Darryl, The Statue Who Will Get You All High, etc.) "A woman's voice on the radio can convince you you're in love. A woman's voice on the telephone can convince you you're alone." -Piece of Dirt "I was young and foolish then. I feel old and foolish now -Lucky Ball and Chain ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 19:25:31 -0400 From: The Great Quux Message-ID: <371E5E6B.28918313@stardatecomputer.com> Organization: Stardate Computer Systems Subject: Re: TMBG: annoying thread LimeZinger@aol.com wrote: > >you know you're a TMBG-head when you want "Mrs Train" to be your wedding > >song. > hmm.. were i getting married -- and i'm *not* -- i'd rather go with > something like "she's an angel," eh? hmm.. yeah, but i was thinking of the part when i'm walking up the aisle and then the whole 'train' thing fits in perfectly and... wait a min.. the bride is supposed to do that... hmm... anyway, the way to make this an annoying thread is to continue the "you know you're a TMBG-head when..." motif, so... ... you put on a long white fluffy beard and a gray hair wig and a big red suit for Halloween and sing "O Do Not Forsake Me" at the top of your lungs while you trick-or-treat. well, i'm not at that stage yet, but it's great for the shower! -- Mike Russo, www.walrus.com/~stardate, Brooklyn, NY -- I don't want a goldfish, I want a dog! ------------------------------ From: Crazysword@aol.com Message-ID: <7eb37c6.244ff2cc@aol.com> Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 23:34:36 EDT Subject: TMBG: CT show Greetings all, Just out of curiousity and I guess you could say necessity...Does anyone have any information on the CT College show? Hell, I'm from the state and I didn't even know Connecticut College existed...., shows how much I know. The only info I have is from pollstar and that just told me it would be in New London...anything other information would be appreciated. thanks jay ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 22:03:55 -0600 Subject: TMBG: Re: Hey? denver incident Message-ID: <19990421.221708.3422.1.TMBgirl@juno.com> hey hey!! so i've gotten quite a few letters from you kiddies, and rather than sit down and reply seperately to each and every one of you i think i'm just gonna send out a big mass letter... sorry to have to send this to all the people on the list that don't care. thanks ever so much for inquiring about the sitcheeation... Columbine High School is only about 10-15 minutes from my house. About 17 of my really close buds go to school there, but luckily none of them were hurt (hehee... after i found out about the incident i spent a good hour and a half calling all of them to make sure they were ok) :D Obviously it's hit denver and the surrounding burbs (yeah, littleton included) extremely hard as i'm sure it's taking its toll on the rest of the country. The main thing to remember is that they're making littleton out to be like a little wholesome town. If you ever come to denver you'll learn that it doesn't grow upwards (like NYC) but rather outwards... into burbs. Littleton is one of the largest surrounding areas. It's pretty expensive to live out there (yeah ok, coming from someone that lives in a pretty crummy part of denver) which i guess is so shocking to these people. (they say the initial reason why they canceled the rockies and nuggets games was because some of the players and dan issel (the owner of the nuggets) have children that go to school there). Everyone assumes that if it's gonna happen it'd happen at a school in the city... I attended one of three "ghetto" denver public high schools... my freshman year there was a guy shot right outside of my classroom but other than that there were no problems. (okay so in my shop class a girl cut off her finger and another girl set her hair on fire). None of the denver and surrounding burbs had school today. CHS has indefinitely called off the last 7 weeks of classes. An interesting note that i heard from my friends that go to school out there that i haven't heard on the news yet... they had their prom last weekend. The two boys showed up at the afterprom gig and everyone was so shocked to see them there that they made fun of 'em and stuff... creepycreepy. anyways, i've wasted enough space here... thanks again for checking up on me! :) take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html On Wed, 21 Apr 1999 22:57:27 -0400 (EDT) Josh Axelrad writes: >Hi, > >With all this colorado school shooting stuff going on I obviously >thought >about you. How close are you to that school? Is everything ok where >you >are? > >Jishy ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 00:23:10 -0500 From: Bob Scott Message-ID: <371EB23E.22288154@tmbg.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: annoying thread The Great Quux wrote: > "you know you're a TMBG-head when..." > > ... you put on a long white fluffy beard and a gray hair wig and a big > red suit for Halloween and sing "O Do Not Forsake Me" at the top of your > lungs while you trick-or-treat. > > well, i'm not at that stage yet, but it's great for the shower! You wear wig and beard and suit while singing in the shower? I think this goes WAAAY beyond your TMBG-head-ness! :P AKA Bob "If you drop the beard, it would be normal" Scott ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #16-49 ******************************