Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #16-51 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 16, Number 51 Saturday, 24 April 1999 Today's Topics: TMBG: mullets Re: TMBG: CT show Re: TMBG: annoying thread TMBG: The OLD Guy puts on his hockey mask! Re: TMBG: annoying thread Re: TMBG: I think I'm living in the TwiLIST Zone Re: NON-TMBG: BFF's 'army' Re: TMBG: Video Comp Re: TMBG: Video Comp Re: TMBG: The OLD Guy puts on his hockey mask! Re: TMBG: mullets NON-TMBG: Wynton Marsalis Re: NON-TMBG: Wynton Marsalis Re: NON-TMBG: Wynton Marsalis Re: NON-TMBG: Wynton Marsalis Re: TMBG: Video Comp Re: TMBG: Video Comp TMBG: Complilation Video Re: TMBG: Video Comp Re: TMBG: Video Comp Re: TMBG: Video Comp Re: TMBG: Video Comp Re: TMBG: Video Comp TMBG: So Sorry TMBG: New idea to get tmbg on TV Re: TMBG: Video Comp TMBG: Lots of news Re: TMBG: Lots of news Re: TMBG: Lots of news Re: TMBG: Video Comp Re: TMBG: Lots of news Re: TMBG: Video Comp TMBG: Flans & Spaceghost Re: TMBG: Lots of news Re: TMBG: New idea to get tmbg on TV TMBG: Re: New idea to get tmbg on TV Re: TMBG: Video Comp, New idea to get tmbg on TV TMBG: Re: So Sorry Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-ID: <19990423083731.41223.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Crystal Cooper" Subject: TMBG: mullets Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 01:37:26 PDT hi everyone a little while ago, someone asked what a mullet was, in regard to ben folds five's song 'army'. it's not a fish, well, i guess it is, but it's also a kind of haircut. they are not good haircuts, but they're fun to laugh at, and when you see people walking down the street with them, you are supposed to point at them and laugh. here is a link to a mullet site, so that we can all go and point at them and laugh. http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Hills/6906/ i hope that no one who goes to this site actually has a mullet. i'm sorry for you if you have. Crystal ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ she thinks the afterlife might just be where the action is with high schools built like prisons she can't find a way to live --> "Everything Old Is New Again", Barenaked Ladies Coming Up For Air -- Crystal's Ben Folds Five page http://members.xoom.com/DrPyser265/bf5/ ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: linnel@snet.net Message-Id: <199904231301.JAA22281@pop.snet.net> Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 21:08:02 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: CT show NO WAY! AHHHHHHHHH! please please please someone... anyone... any info on this would result in me being very very very appreciative... who knows, depending on a lot of things, it could be my very first TMBG show... *g* -jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeennnnnnn > Greetings all, Just out of curiousity and I guess you could say > necessity...Does anyone have any information on the CT College show? Hell, > I'm from the state and I didn't even know Connecticut College > existed...., shows how much I know. The only info I have is from > pollstar and that just told me it would be in New London...anything other > information would be appreciated. > > thanks > jay > ------------------------------ From: linnel@snet.net Message-Id: <199904231301.JAA23810@pop.snet.net> Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 22:12:51 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: annoying thread > hmm.. were i getting married -- and i'm *not* -- i'd rather go with > something like "she's an angel," eh? hmm.. i'd go with They'll Need a Crane. without a doubt. -shawwwwwwwiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnggggggg jen ------------------------------ Message-ID: <002a01be8d8d$f0a14ac0$1df1c4cc@ois-010783.DOA.STATE.LA.US> From: "John Voorhees" Subject: TMBG: The OLD Guy puts on his hockey mask! Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 08:33:57 -0500 Kay revealed the awful truth in her sig: > Kay "Isn't Vorhees the last name of Jason from Friday the 13th??"lum Yes, I admit that my cousin has a little trouble keeping the machete to himself. And there are Two O's in Voorhees, both in Jason moniker and mine. To make matters worse, my Dad has started a couple of summer camps, too! But there was also a Presbyterian minister named Tom Voorhees, I think, in the fun but forgettable Disney flick "The Thomas Street Irregulars". And he bore no cutlery throughout the entire film. John Voorhees Old Guy back from the dead (Ch-ch-ch-ah-ah-ah, ch-ch-ch-ah-ah-ah...) [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] ------------------------------ Message-ID: <37207B83.51AC22EE@sevenlands.com> Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 09:54:11 -0400 From: carlyn nugent Subject: Re: TMBG: annoying thread Peyote42@aol.com wrote: > Bridgett Kickin Herself in her Tennessee Head For Not Making It To Louisville > O'Gorman. The Louisville show's not for five days...There's still time! CN ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990423151922.94701.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: I think I'm living in the TwiLIST Zone Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 08:19:19 PDT Cap'n eriKa rae wrote: >more AKA Bob: >>Wow! You seem to know a bit much about Mike's personal life... I >>always say >>to him... I say, "Mike!" I sez, "You gotta stop sleepin' wit da >>fishes! >>People are gonna talk!" >>But it was too late! > >Well, I saw him on Jerry Springer - the episode was "Men Who Sleep >With Gilled Creatures." He should have never gone public. Wasn't Troy McClure supposed to appear on that episode? Incidentally, I've been receiving some list messages twice. Has anyone else had that problem (not that it's really that much of a problem)? -- May the light shine upon thee, Nathan Mulac "Stop the Planet of the Apes, I Want To Get Off!" DeHoff DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ Now playing: XTC's Go 2 _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990423152525.55022.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: BFF's 'army' Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 08:25:24 PDT Cap'n eriKa rae wrote: >Ben Folds sang: >"Grew a moustache and a mullet..." > >And Pinky Kuemmerle asked: >>but what the hell is a mullet? > >Well, Webster's defines mullet as "any of various marine or >fresh-water fishes." So Ben Folds grew a fish? You'd better keep Leffel away from him, then. -- May the light shine upon thee, Nathan Mulac "Show me the fish of your brother Raoul" DeHoff DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990423155647.43340.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: Video Comp Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 08:56:45 PDT Jeff Parker wrote: >5 Istanbul (Not Constantinople) - (previously unreleased) >6 Birdhouse In Your Soul - (previously unreleased) If these two hadn't been released before, what are they doing on my Japanese video collection? >13 Istanbul (Not Constantinople) - (previously unreleased) >14 Particle Man - (previously unreleased) If these are the Tiny Toons videos, they have also already been released on video. It was a Tiny Toons video, not a TMBG video, but they've still been released. I would have liked to see a video cassette with only the more recent videos on it, since I already have a collection of the pink album, Lincoln, and Flood ones, and I'm sure I'm not the only one in this situation. I also don't have any desire to own the Tiny Toons videos. There's a good chance I'll end up buying this anyway, though, even if it's only for the four videos I haven't seen. -- May the light shine upon thee, Nathan Mulac "Lonley? (Subliminal)" DeHoff DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ Message-Id: <4.1.19990423120651.00938d60@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 12:16:32 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: Video Comp At 08:56 AM 4/23/99, Nathan Mulac DeHoff wrote: > >If these two hadn't been released before, what are they doing on my >Japanese video collection? Silly. "Previously unreleased" implies "previously commercially unavailable in the United States". >If these are the Tiny Toons videos, they have also already been >released on video. It was a Tiny Toons video, not a TMBG video, but >they've still been released. I agree there. >I would have liked to see a video cassette with only the more recent >videos on it, since I already have a collection of the pink album, >Lincoln, and Flood ones, and I'm sure I'm not the only one in this >situation. I also don't have any desire to own the Tiny Toons videos. >There's a good chance I'll end up buying this anyway, though, even if >it's only for the four videos I haven't seen. Well...video tapes wear out. Getting a new one isn't entirely bad... Besides, now you can watch a bunch of videos without having to switch tapes. -Adam -- /=---------------- http://www.he-man.org/ctyner/ ----------------=\ http://www.crystal-night.com/~ctyner/tuscadero.html http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ He-Man, Tuscadero, "Weird Al", Yoo-hoo, Killer Tomatoes, & more! ------------------------------ From: MuseKJ@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 12:15:31 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: The OLD Guy puts on his hockey mask! In a message dated 4/23/99 9:36:05 AM Eastern Daylight Time, griffon@earthling.net writes: << Yes, I admit that my cousin has a little trouble keeping the machete to himself. And there are Two O's in Voorhees, both in Jason moniker and mine. To make matters worse, my Dad has started a couple of summer camps, too! But there was also a Presbyterian minister named Tom Voorhees, I think, in the fun but forgettable Disney flick "The Thomas Street Irregulars." And he bore no cutlery throughout the entire film. John Voorhees Old Guy back from the dead (Ch-ch-ch-ah-ah-ah, ch-ch-ch-ah-ah-ah...) >> I thought that Voorhees had two "o"s in it :-) Thanks for keeping my spelling up to snuff. So, how are you Jason's cousin? Hopefully not on his mother's side ... And where are these summer camps of which you speak? Hopefully not near Blairstown, NJ, the location of Camp Crystal Lake . About that Disney film you are referring to, that would be "The North Avenue Irregulars" from 1979. The Presbyterian minister's name was Michael Hill (another known name of said movie was "Hill's Angels"), played by Edward Herrmann, who later went on to play FDR in a number of TV movies. I tried to find a Voorhees in the cast list, but came up empty-handed. Karen "Jean, which would be the middle name me mum gave me" Riley (AKA Crazy Ralph's daughter) MuseKJ@aol.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <372071B4.A499FC3A@osu.edu> Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 13:12:21 +0000 From: Diana Kocar Subject: Re: TMBG: mullets Crystal Cooper wrote: > hi everyone > a little while ago, someone asked what a mullet was, in regard to ben > folds five's song 'army'. it's not a fish, well, i guess it is, but > it's also a kind of haircut. they are not good haircuts, but they're > fun to laugh at, and when you see people walking down the street with > them, you are supposed to point at them and laugh. here is a link to > a mullet site, so that we can all go and point at them and laugh. > http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Hills/6906/ > i hope that no one who goes to this site actually has a mullet. i'm > sorry for you if you have. > > Crystal Boy, you certainly can find just about anything on the internet, eh? I'm just wondering, why, if you were making a web page, you would choose to make it about MULLETS of all things. But at least now I have a good idea of what one is so when I actually get to hear that BFF song I'll know what he's talking about :-) Diana only 6 days till the Johns!!! ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3720740A.B250D52D@osu.edu> Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 13:22:21 +0000 From: Diana Kocar Subject: NON-TMBG: Wynton Marsalis Is anybody out there a Wynton Marsalis fan? Last night I went to see him play with the Lincoln Jazz Center Orchestra, and I'd like to get one of his jazz albums. Could anyone give me a suggestion on a good album to start with? I've always loved Wynton's playing, and I have about 4 of his classical CDs, but now I want to get started on his jazz! Thanks! Diana ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 12:56:34 -0600 (MDT) From: Jim Kuemmerle Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Wynton Marsalis Message-ID: On Fri, 23 Apr 1999, Diana Kocar wrote: > Is anybody out there a Wynton Marsalis fan? Last night I went to see him > play with the Lincoln Jazz Center Orchestra, and I'd like to get one of > his jazz albums. Could anyone give me a suggestion on a good album to > start with? I've always loved Wynton's playing, and I have about 4 of > his classical CDs, but now I want to get started on his jazz! Thanks! my introduction to wynton was with the album 'j mood', and that's still one of my all-time favorites, but if you're coming from the classical direction, i think i would probably recommend 'marsalis standard time vol. 3; the resolution of romance', which occupies sort of a middle ground between his classical and jazz sides. this isn't coming out right. the album is definitely all jazz, don't get me wrong there, but there are a number of instances of where they just play the melody and don't solo, and tonally it's much more restrained. but realistically, it's hard to go wrong with his stuff. do you listen to any other jazz? if so, that might give me a better idea of what to recommend... --jim kuemmerle, always always always happy to help get somebody hooked on this stuff... j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668/ 5/10 -- GLADE at the zephyr, 300 S & W temple, SLC, 9:30 pm, with GARED MOSES, $5 ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 15:34:19 -0400 (EDT) From: "Kirsten L. Brodbeck" Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Wynton Marsalis Message-ID: On Fri, 23 Apr 1999, Diana Kocar wrote: > Is anybody out there a Wynton Marsalis fan? Last night I went to see him > play with the Lincoln Jazz Center Orchestra, and I'd like to get one of > his jazz albums. Could anyone give me a suggestion on a good album to > start with? First off, let me tell you I'm SO JEALOUS!! I'd love to see him... As for albums, I'm constantly stealing my dad's "Marsalis Standard Time" albums. I'm not sure how many there are, but one of my favorites is one with a romance theme (I'm sorry, I'm totally blanking on album names and everything) that he did with his father, playing all these old jazz standard romantic songs. Like "April In Paris," one of my all-time faves. Or, if you're interested in sort of bridging the gap between his classical and jazz work, check out "Jump Start and Jazz: Two Ballets By Wynton Marsalis." Kirsten I knew you in another life You were the tears I used to cry Now you're the storm inside the waves When you touch me I float away. - David Garza ------------------------------ Message-ID: <37209895.EE59028D@osu.edu> Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 15:58:15 +0000 From: Diana Kocar Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Wynton Marsalis Kirsten L. Brodbeck wrote: > First off, let me tell you I'm SO JEALOUS!! I'd love to see > him... Yeah, the show was pretty awesome...I mean, I had to get over just seeing the guy, much less being able to hear him play! He's been like my idol for years, and it was amazing that I could finally see him in concert. After the show, some people I know actually got his autograph and chatted with him (apparently you can just walk backstage and see him after shows--keep that in mind if you ever go). Unfortunately I didn't know this so I didn't get to meet him up close. After his "official" concert, he was supposed to play at this jazz club in downtown Columbus, so me and a bunch of people from my dorm piled into a car and went down there. But after we were at the club waiting for him for a couple hours they said he wasn't able to make it....but it was still a fun night and I still think he's great! Someday, I will meet him... Diana ------------------------------ Message-Id: <23APR99.19100054.0040.MUSIC@MARISTB.MARIST.EDU> Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 17:41:06 EDT From: Misty Subject: Re: TMBG: Video Comp >I would have liked to see a video cassette with only the more recent >videos on it, since I already have a collection of the pink album, >Lincoln, and Flood ones, and I'm sure I'm not the only one in this >situation. I also don't have any desire to own the Tiny Toons videos. I don't mean to sound mean or anything, but not everybody is you. By the time I developed an obsession with TMBG and learned they had a compilation video of the TMBG and Lincoln videos, the video was already off the market. And I also really like the Tiny Toons videos (I'm a fan of the show). I was just watching them the other day, and they go really well with the songs. There's also a part in the Istanbul video where Plucky dresses as Linnell and Hamton dresses up as Flansy. The videos also were what introduced me to TMBG (like they did for many of the people on this list), so the inclusion of them on the video is akin to including the original theatrical trailer on a movie video. Misty http://lavender.fortunecity.com/fullmonty/22/mywebpage.htm ------------------------------ From: GhostKrabb@webtv.net (Dexter Flansburgh) Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 14:49:59 -0700 (PDT) Subject: Re: TMBG: Video Comp Message-ID: <17601-3720EB07-1703@postoffice-241.iap.bryant.webtv.net> yeah, you know, those tiny toons videos are really like a part of TMBG history, they would be even more obscure than they are now if it weren't for those great videos introducing so many people to Them. I think they should be included in a collection. They're legit videos, just instead of being shown on MTV or VH1 and whatnot, it was Nickelodeon, so what? I would start a boycott or something to get 'em on there, but that would just delay the release of DFB even more, so, maybe next time. me, Dexburger, who hopes those are thought of as "legit" being the only TMBG videos he's seen. I feel like such a loner. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3720EBA5.3BD723C5@maristb.marist.edu> Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 17:52:37 -0400 From: Dominick Giordano Jr Subject: TMBG: Complilation Video This is in regards to Misty How dare you like the Tiny Toons Videos!!!!!!!! GET OFF THE LIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! -- ********************************************************************* Want to make money just by surfing the web? Impossible? Find out how! http://www.alladvantage.com/refhome.asp?refid=AZW109 ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 18:23:01 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: Video Comp Message-ID: <19990423.182304.6958.1.hotel_detective1@juno.com> From: "Cap'n eriKa rae" Dex signed: >Dexburger, who hopes those are thought of as "legit" being >the only TMBG videos he's seen. I feel like such a loner. You're not alone - the Tiny Toon videos are the only ones I've seen too. But then, if MTV didn't suck, we wouldn't be in this predicament... Someone else yelled: >How dare you like the Tiny Toons Videos!!!!!!!! >GET OFF THE LIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Feh, don't be silly, they're neat. Besides, how many bands can say that they've had music videos on cartoon shows? (The answer is: "Not many.") It's just something else that shows how unique They are. And it's not nice to order people to go away because they have different opinions. I should make ye walk the plank for that... but I can't do that, because my ship is currently lost since Darryl, my navigator, has left the list. On another note, I got Miscellaneous T yesterday (now all I need is FS and I'll have all the albums!), and am enjoying it greatly. But as for the much debated World's Address re-mix... I like the middle where they actually play the song, but the rest seems to be just... audio mess. ever-sincere, eriKa, I'm not the only dust my mother raised. It's April 23 and it's almost six - get over to Alliance First Friends Church and see *Relient K*, Linus' Blanket, Boy Wonder, Asine, and Peroxide! It's only five bucks! GO NOW while you still have time! ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: Kaylum@aol.com Message-ID: <8c17ed0f.2452493a@aol.com> Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 18:07:54 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Video Comp << yeah, you know, those tiny toons videos are really like a part of TMBG history, they would be even more obscure than they are now if it weren't for those great videos introducing so many people to Them. I think they should be included in a collection. They're legit videos, just instead of being shown on MTV or VH1 and whatnot, it was Nickelodeon, so what? I would start a boycott or something to get 'em on there, but that would just delay the release of DFB even more, so, maybe next time. >> No need to worry, they're on there! TMBG must agree with you! Kay ------------------------------ From: Kaylum@aol.com Message-ID: <6fd9197.24524e57@aol.com> Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 18:29:43 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Video Comp << There's also a part in the Istanbul video where Plucky dresses as Linnell and Hamton dresses up as Flansy. The videos also were what introduced me to TMBG (like they did for many of the people on this list), so the inclusion of them on the video is akin to including the original theatrical trailer on a movie video. >> Hehe, I have a tape of their Modern Rock Live video where Flans talks about one of the animators of Tiny Toons showing him the characters and telling him, "You're the pig!" Flans didn't seem too happy about that! In fact, while they never said they *hated* the Tiny Toons vids, they did express disappoinment, which is why I'm surprised they're on there...guess they're acknowledging how many people discovered them through TT. Kay ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 17:31:58 -0500 From: Laura Helbling Message-ID: <3720F4DE.81DC0952@thebigdogs.net> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: Video Comp This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------339389C7BF283ECA0A8BB0D9 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello, on this fine day, Cap'n eriKa rae declare: > Dex signed: > >Dexburger, who hopes those are thought of as "legit" being > >the only TMBG videos he's seen. I feel like such a loner. > > You're not alone - the Tiny Toon videos are the only ones I've seen too. > But then, if MTV didn't suck, we wouldn't be in this predicament... I've only seen the Tiny Toons videos too. > Someone else yelled: > >How dare you like the Tiny Toons Videos!!!!!!!! > >GET OFF THE LIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! > > Feh, don't be silly, they're neat. Besides, how many bands can say that > they've had music videos on cartoon shows? (The answer is: "Not many.") > It's just something else that shows how unique They are. And it's not > nice to order people to go away because they have different opinions. I > should make ye walk the plank for that... but I can't do that, because my > ship is currently lost since Darryl, my navigator, has left the list. > I was gonna respond to that. I personally think the videos are kinda cool and, like eriKa said, very unique. As for that guy, I certainly hope Misty ( I think it was) doesn't leave, 'cause it _isn't_ nice to boss people around like that. And I grieve the gone-ness of Darryl the Navigator, what are you going to do? I'd be glad to help anyway I can, and you can always use the North Star (or the Hardee's All-Star). I congratulate you on your gaining of Miscellaneous T. I recently got all the albums, but I'm glad to know I wasn't the only one who didn't have them all. Well, that's all. that groovy chick, Laura, who doesn't feel like adding a quote at the moment --------------339389C7BF283ECA0A8BB0D9 Content-Type: text/x-vcard; charset=us-ascii; name="laurah.vcf" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Description: Card for Laura Helbling Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="laurah.vcf" begin:vcard n:Helbling;Laura x-mozilla-html:FALSE org:Gabes;7th Grade adr:;;;St. Louis;Missouri;;USA version:2.1 email;internet:laurah@thebigdogs.net title:Queen of Artichokes, Writer of Lyrics, Master or Unlearned Kick boxing, Lover of the "Nice Guy", Watcher of Awesome Nazi School Movies, Kick-@#%! Soccer Player, who doesn't play soccer, Converter to They-dom, Huge fan of They Might Be Giants (my all-time fave band), and will go see Them live the next time They come to St. Louis and it will rock note;quoted-printable:"I have a secret to tell from my electrical well its a simple message and I'm leaving out the whistles and bells=0D=0ASo the room must listen to me, filibuster vigilantly, my name is blue canary one note spelled l-i-t-e" - They Might Be Giants, "Birdhouse in Your Soul" fn:Laura Helbling end:vcard --------------339389C7BF283ECA0A8BB0D9-- ------------------------------ From: Kaylum@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 18:31:49 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Video Comp In a message dated 4/23/99 5:27:02 PM EST, hotel_detective1@juno.com writes: << But as for the much debated World's Address re-mix... I like the middle where they actually play the song, but the rest seems to be just... audio mess. >> Agreed, but you've gotta love the Linnell sound bites! Kay ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 17:41:13 -0500 From: Laura Helbling Message-ID: <3720F709.218AF76@thebigdogs.net> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: So Sorry Hey guys, I'm sorry about that vcard at the end of my post, I thought I got rid of it, but in fact it stayed on. It should be gone now. Well, back to your day. that groovy chick, Laura ------------------------------ From: Tmbg4life@aol.com Message-ID: <7605915d.24524ee3@aol.com> Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 18:32:03 EDT Subject: TMBG: New idea to get tmbg on TV WEll i have been messing with idea for a while but i think a better way to get THEM on TV and into our homes is to try VH1 (if they haven't played them on that channel). We all know that MTV sucks and should die a horrible firey death and if they can't deliver the TMBG goodness that we all love then we should try VH1 and if they don't care about them then we should all boycot until they finally get played on VH1 or MTV. Well that is all i have to say for now. David "Why are all the music channels not playing THEM" Schmidt ------------------------------ From: LimeZinger@aol.com Message-ID: <9f3d0a59.24526e8f@aol.com> Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 20:47:11 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Video Comp regarding tiny toons (i can't quote all that crap.. i have a reflex to 'delete' after i read stuff... d'oh) ... apparently, the story is, the tiny toon creators came to tmbg and said "can we use your songs?" and tmbg were like... "pssh.. sure, ok, whatever" ...and they didn't have any connection to it otherwise (except the luscious royalties:)) ... and to the person who said "get off this list!" ...that was pretty unnecessary. i personally can't stand tiny toons ::duck:: but there's nothing wrong with people liking it. *and* ... a good portion of tmbg fans found out about them that way. tmbg fans on this list. soo.. --and one more thing.. that mullet page was effin' funny. oh dear. and then i went to dinner and spotted a mullet. the guy gave me a look as if to say "i know; i have a mullet, please don't hit me, small children have been pointing and laughing all day..." hehe.. ;) one week till tmbg!, sarah ------------------------------ Message-Id: <4.1.19990423210247.00935cc0@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 21:08:13 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: TMBG: Lots of news WOW! Everyone check http://www.theymightbegiants.com/ for lots of news. :-) Among the news there includes a partial track listing for "Long Tall Weekend" (Older, She Thinks She's Edith Head, Reprehensible, Maybe I Know, Certain People I Could Name, They Got Lost (Slow version), Rat Patrol, Operators Are Standing By)... TMBG is contributing a song to a Peter Pan sequel... "I'm Sick" is going to be released nationwide this Fall, instead of only being available directly through NPR stations... The Space Ghost thing will FINALLY air... State Songs will be released this fall... TMBG recorded a lot of stuff in March... The May 15 show at the Bowery Ballroom will feature mostly new material... 5 TMBG songs will be featured on the "Brave New World" series on ABC.... and yes, it official..."Dr. Evil" opens Austin Powers 2, but isn't on the soundtrack. -Adam -- /=---------------- http://www.he-man.org/ctyner/ ----------------=\ http://www.crystal-night.com/~ctyner/tuscadero.html http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ He-Man, Tuscadero, "Weird Al", Yoo-hoo, Killer Tomatoes, & more! ------------------------------ Message-ID: <003101be8df1$a5398e80$21a6bfd1@cannon> From: "eRiCh" Subject: Re: TMBG: Lots of news Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 18:27:38 -0700 What the hell??? Where did this website come from? all this time www.theymightbegiants.com has been constantly updated and I have been wasting my time at tmbg.com? what's the deal?? Adam, did you go there just out of curiosity or has everyone known about this for awhile?? that just racks my mind that this whole time we've all been discussing this stuff speculativly and the anwers were under our noses cleverly hidden yet easy to find. pssh! but all that info was coolness. good catch. eRiCh [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] ------------------------------ Message-ID: <003e01be8df2$0f4c1900$21a6bfd1@cannon> From: "eRiCh" Subject: Re: TMBG: Lots of news Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 18:30:35 -0700 Okay... I just read in the newsgroup that www.theymightbegiants.com is a brand new news page. eRiCh [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] ------------------------------ Message-Id: <23APR99.23533824.0043.MUSIC@MARISTB.MARIST.EDU> Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 21:47:26 EDT From: Misty Subject: Re: TMBG: Video Comp >Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii >Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit > >Hello, on this fine day, >Cap'n eriKa rae declare: > >> Dex signed: >> >Dexburger, who hopes those are thought of as "legit" being >> >the only TMBG videos he's seen. I feel like such a loner. >> >> You're not alone - the Tiny Toon videos are the only ones I've seen too. >> But then, if MTV didn't suck, we wouldn't be in this predicament... > >I've only seen the Tiny Toons videos too. > >> Someone else yelled: >> >How dare you like the Tiny Toons Videos!!!!!!!! >> >GET OFF THE LIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >> >> Feh, don't be silly, they're neat. Besides, how many bands can say that >> they've had music videos on cartoon shows? (The answer is: "Not many.") >> It's just something else that shows how unique They are. And it's not >> nice to order people to go away because they have different opinions. I >> should make ye walk the plank for that... but I can't do that, because my >> ship is currently lost since Darryl, my navigator, has left the list. >> > >I was gonna respond to that. I personally think the videos are kinda cool >and, like eriKa said, very unique. As for that guy, I certainly hope Misty ( >I think it was) doesn't leave, 'cause it _isn't_ nice to boss people around >like that. And I grieve the gone-ness of Darryl the Navigator, what are you >going to do? I'd be glad to help anyway I can, and you can always use the >North Star (or the Hardee's All-Star). I congratulate you on your gaining of >Miscellaneous T. I recently got all the albums, but I'm glad to know I >wasn't the only one who didn't have them all. Well, that's all. > that groovy chick, > Laura, who doesn't feel like adding a quote at the moment > >--------------339389C7BF283ECA0A8BB0D9 >Content-Type: text/x-vcard; charset=us-ascii; > name="laurah.vcf" >Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit >Content-Description: Card for Laura Helbling >Content-Disposition: attachment; > filename="laurah.vcf" > >begin:vcard >n:Helbling;Laura >x-mozilla-html:FALSE >org:Gabes;7th Grade >adr:;;;St. Louis;Missouri;;USA >version:2.1 >email;internet:laurah@thebigdogs.net >title:Queen of Artichokes, Writer of Lyrics, Master or Unlearned Kick boxing, >over of the "Nice Guy", Watcher of Awesome Nazi School Movies, Kick-@#%! Soccer >Player, who doesn't play soccer, Converter to They-dom, Huge fan of They Might >e Giants (my all-time fave band), and will go see Them live the next time They >ome to St. Louis and it will rock >note;quoted-printable:"I have a secret to tell from my electrical well its a si >ple message and I'm leaving out the whistles and bells=0D=0ASo the room must li >ten to me, filibuster vigilantly, my name is blue canary one note spelled l-i-t >e" - They Might Be Giants, "Birdhouse in Your Soul" >fn:Laura Helbling >end:vcard > >--------------339389C7BF283ECA0A8BB0D9-- > ------------------------------ Message-Id: <4.1.19990423214852.0093d620@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 21:49:15 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: Lots of news I think it's new. Flans told someone from the newsgroup about it yesterday. -Adam At 06:27 PM 4/23/99, eRiCh wrote: > > What the hell??? Where did this website come from? all this time > www.theymightbegiants.com has been > constantly updated and I have been wasting my time at tmbg.com? what's the > deal?? Adam, did you go there just out of curiosity or has everyone known > about this for awhile?? that just racks my mind that this whole time we've > all been discussing this stuff speculativly and the anwers were under our > noses cleverly hidden yet easy to find. pssh! but all that info was coolness. > good catch. eRiCh -- /=---------------- http://www.he-man.org/ctyner/ ----------------=\ http://www.crystal-night.com/~ctyner/tuscadero.html http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ He-Man, Tuscadero, "Weird Al", Yoo-hoo, Killer Tomatoes, & more! [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] ------------------------------ Message-Id: <23APR99.23611053.0043.MUSIC@MARISTB.MARIST.EDU> Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 21:51:43 EDT From: Misty Subject: Re: TMBG: Video Comp >I was gonna respond to that. I personally think the videos are kinda cool >and, like eriKa said, very unique. As for that guy, I certainly hope Misty ( >I think it was) doesn't leave, 'cause it _isn't_ nice to boss people around >like that. e you Don't worry, you all. I won't be leaving the list. I don't know what that guy's problem is. Some people are just too closed-minded. It's sad, really. Anyway, leaving the list would be just what this guy would want me to do. I won't give him the satisfaction. Sorry for the message I sent immediately before this, I hit the 'send' key too soon. Misty http://lavender.fortunecity.com/fullmonty/22/mywebpage.htm ------------------------------ From: GhostKrabb@webtv.net (Dexter Flansburgh) Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 19:43:28 -0700 (PDT) Subject: TMBG: Flans & Spaceghost Message-ID: <28917-37212FD0-2351@postoffice-242.iap.bryant.webtv.net> When is this interview between J.F. and Space Ghost gonna' air? Someone let me know before it's too late! ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990424032101.15226.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: Lots of news Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 20:21:01 PDT eRiCh wrote: >What the hell??? Where did this website come from? all this time >www.theymightbegiants.com has been constantly updated and I have been >wasting my time at tmbg.com? what's the deal?? It does seem odd that a whole new website would be created for this news, rather than just having it added to tmbg.com. Most of this news sounds pretty cool (although I'm a bit disappointed that "Reprehensible" will probably never see CD release). The band certainly has a busy future scheduled. -- May the light shine upon thee, Nathan Mulac "The secret history of my immortal soul" DeHoff DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990424032409.55720.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: New idea to get tmbg on TV Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 20:24:09 PDT David Schmidt wrote: >We all know that MTV sucks and should die a horrible firey >death and if they can't deliver the TMBG goodness that we all love >then we >should try VH1 and if they don't care about them then we should all >boycot until they finally get played on VH1 or MTV. In order for such a boycott to have any effect at all, you'd have to boycott the sponsors. Just not watching MTV or VH1 wouldn't really do anything. I really don't think a boycott would do much good, anyway. Of course, you were probably not being entirely serious. -- May the light shine upon thee, Nathan Mulac "Do you think you'll have some power signing a petition?" DeHoff DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 22:32:53 -0500 From: Bob Scott Message-ID: <37213B65.861824F4@tmbg.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re: New idea to get tmbg on TV Tmbg4life@aol.com wrote: > David "Why are all the music channels not playing THEM" Schmidt There's a fully understandable reason for the seeming inability of the Music Networks to play TMBG: MTV, M2, and VH1 are owned by the same company, the same one that owns Nickelodeon and Comedy Central, if I have any idea what I'm talking about... Anyway, this leaves them all to take the same mainstream path, with M2 being the one channel which I think tries (every once and a while) to show different things, though it seems like when I oft-times turn it there, it's just emulating MTV. And I won't say much about Much Music, as every time I turn that on, they're otherwise interviewing Backstreet Boys or debuting their newest video... Ugh... If you get "The Box", not much is gonna change, since TMBG most likely wouldn't stay on the playlist, if They ever even got on the playlist, for anyone to call up and get Them on the air. I don't really know why I'm trying to tell all of you what you already know to be true... On a side note, whoever it was that said something along the lines of "Whoever likes Tiny Toons should leave the list!", I believe that it was a joke... Lot's of !!!'s and a short message... It just didn't sound serious to me, but then I could be wrong, as I am a professional 'wrong-ie'! AKA Bob "I'm head of the careers advisory board... I wanted to be a doctor, but here I am..." Scott ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 23:51:13 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: Video Comp, New idea to get tmbg on TV Message-ID: <19990423.235152.9878.0.hotel_detective1@juno.com> From: "Cap'n eriKa rae" Laura placed a job offer: >And I grieve the gone-ness of Darryl the Navigator, what are you >going to do? I'd be glad to help anyway I can, and you can always use the >North Star (or the Hardee's All-Star). Well, if you can find me maps with sea paths from Idaho (that's the last map I got from Darryl, so I assume that's where me boat is) to New York so we can give Jesse Camp a haircut and demand they play Don't Let's Start, it would be most greatly appreciated. AKA Bob "Que un mono" Scott said elsewhere: >On a side note, whoever it was that said something along the lines >of "Whoever likes Tiny Toons should leave the list!", I believe that it was a >joke... Lot's of !!!'s and a short message... It just didn't sound serious to >me, but then I could be wrong, as I am a professional 'wrong-ie'! I know, you silly, silly monkey. Which is why I did not enforce any plank walking... ever-sincere, eriKa, hey, Mr DJ, I thought you said we had a deal! "It's been cool to be cool for too long now and now it's cool not to be cool." - Ben Folds ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 22:59:02 -0500 From: Mike Leffel Message-ID: <37214185.BDA65FD1@dragondata.com> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re: So Sorry Laura Helbling wrote: > > Hey guys, I'm sorry about that vcard at the end of my post, I thought I > got rid of it, but in fact it stayed on. It should be gone now. Well, > back to your day. > that groovy chick, > Laura DAMN YOU! GET OFF THE LIST!!!!! Mike "If I leave now, I can get a pickle at the deli" Leffel ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #16-51 ******************************