Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #16-52 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 16, Number 52 Sunday, 25 April 1999 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: Video Comp, New idea to get tmbg on TV TMBG: re: mullets Re: TMBG: Video Comp Re: TMBG: Video Comp Re: TMBG: Flans & SpaceGhost Re: TMBG: World's Address Re-Mix (aka Video Comp) TMBG: Video Compilation/Albums NON- TMBG: Re: Amazing what a curious mind can turn up... Re: TMBG: Video Comp, New idea to get tmbg on TV Re: TMBG: Flans & SpaceGhost Re: NON- TMBG: Re: Amazing what a curious mind can turn up... Re: TMBG: Video Comp, New idea to get tmbg on TV Re: TMBG: Lots of news Re: TMBG: Video Compilation/Albums Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Sat, 24 Apr 1999 02:25:56 -0500 From: Bob Scott Message-ID: <37217204.61CD7FEE@tmbg.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: Video Comp, New idea to get tmbg on TV Cap'n eriKa rae wrote: > AKA Bob "Que un mono" Scott said elsewhere: I AM NOT A MONKEY!!! Perhaps I shall leave the list! :P > >On a side note, whoever it was that said something along the lines > >of "Whoever likes Tiny Toons should leave the list!", I believe that it > was a > >joke... Lot's of !!!'s and a short message... It just didn't sound > serious to > >me, but then I could be wrong, as I am a professional 'wrong-ie'! > > I know, you silly, silly monkey. Which is why I did not enforce any > plank walking... Refer to clause B... AKA Bob "It's my favourite clause because I love it!" Scott ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990424111217.26196.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Crystal Cooper" Subject: TMBG: re: mullets Date: Sat, 24 Apr 1999 04:12:15 PDT diana kocar said <> that rather baffled me too. but you know, if you go to a search engine and type in mullet, you get a lot of pages. so much useless information. one of the things that makes the internet so wonderful i suppose. i guess that the guy who made the mullet page would look at me and ask why i'd make a ben folds five webpage. although i could tell him that i'm fighting against mullets too! bf5 don't support the mullet thing. Crystal ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ she thinks the afterlife might just be where the action is with high schools built like prisons she can't find a way to live --> "Everything Old Is New Again", Barenaked Ladies Coming Up For Air -- Crystal's Ben Folds Five page http://members.xoom.com/DrPyser265/bf5/ ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 24 Apr 1999 05:56:14 -0400 From: The Great Quux Message-ID: <3721953E.13FAB03E@stardatecomputer.com> Organization: Stardate Computer Systems Subject: Re: TMBG: Video Comp Cap'n eriKa rae wrote: > On another note, I got Miscellaneous T yesterday (now all I need is FS > and I'll have all the albums!), and am enjoying it greatly. But as for > the much debated World's Address re-mix... I like the middle where they > actually play the song, but the rest seems to be just... audio mess. I bought 'Then' but I may cave in and see if I can find an LP-copy of Misc T so I can get a bigger picture of the cover art :) You have to be in the right mood for the WA remix, but you can't argue with lines like "Someone in a club tonight has stolen my ideas". -- Mike Russo, www.walrus.com/~stardate, Brooklyn, NY -- I don't want a goldfish, I want a dog! ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 24 Apr 1999 10:55:13 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: Video Comp Message-ID: <19990424.105516.9846.0.hotel_detective1@juno.com> From: "Cap'n eriKa rae" Mike, who deep down wants a goldfish, said: >You have to be in the right mood for the WA remix, but you can't argue with >lines like "Someone in a club tonight has stolen my ideas". Actually, I can argue with anything... I have amazing powers of debate. But I do indeed enjoy those delightful little Linnell sound bites. Who couldn't? ever-sincere, eriKa, the world's a dress. "No one told me everyone died at the end of Titanic! That's *so* sad!" - My Sister, age 12 ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: Peyote42@aol.com Message-ID: <8ff0fde.2453429b@aol.com> Date: Sat, 24 Apr 1999 11:51:55 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Flans & SpaceGhost GhostKrabb@webtv.com laments: << When is this interview between J.F. and Space Ghost gonna' air? Someone let me know before it's too late! >> Okay... so, being interested in Space Ghost and Flans as I am... I decided to head out on the web and do a little research. The only references that I found were in a 1997 episode titled "Joshua", episode 57. And then, there is the mention of Flans' name as a guest, but he does not have any dialogue in the episode. ped from http://www.execpc.com/~mikes h/sg/t_57.html A: Let's stop here. We don't want to give too much away. Now let's listen as Space Ghost tells us about some of his upcoming guests. SG: Rap group Afro-Plane. Female Kathy Kinney. Ginny, The Dog Who Saves Cats. "Dinner and A Movie" hosts Paul and Annabelle. PG: How ya doin', Space Ghost? AG: Oh, hey there! SG: From the pop group "They Might Be Giants", John Flansburgh. And special surprise guest, William, the King of Imagination! ped from a different page: 57 Joshua January 1, 1998 Tony Bennett, Tom Arnold, Afro-Plane, Kathy Kinney, Ginny, the Dog Who Saves Cats, Paul Gilmartin, Annabelle Gurwitch, John Flansburgh, William, the King of Imagination, Ryah Rosenberg, Sean Medlock Flansburgh is then listed in the credits as one of the guests at the end. Can someone tell me if there is a brief one-line dialogue that I missed? Or is this something that has been discussed back in the 1997 day? Apologies all around if it has been, I am relatively new to this part of town. Perhaps someone can hop on the job of letting the public know when this infamous show is to be aired? Bridgett The Pinto, Lima, and Garbanzo Bean O'Gorman (who still finds herself unable to attend Lousiville (it's weep day, to be sure)). More McBeal Wisdom: -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- I like being a mess. It's who I am. ~ Ally -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- ------------------------------ From: Peyote42@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Sat, 24 Apr 1999 12:05:10 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: World's Address Re-Mix (aka Video Comp) In a message dated 4/23/99 5:44:33 PM Central Daylight Time, Kaylum@aol.com writes: << << But as for the much debated World's Address re-mix... I like the middle where they actually play the song, but the rest seems to be just... audio mess. >> >> I had to forcefeed myself the song a couple of times, but after I'd done that, I found that apart from the Little G to the Big G section I rather liked the Super Mario Brothers-esque chunk in there, as well as the soundbytes. More Bridgett (two "t"s, no "e") -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- "I'm nothing if not redundant! I also repeat myself." ~ Fishism -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- ------------------------------ From: MuseKJ@aol.com Message-ID: <3c8d624d.24534e8e@aol.com> Date: Sat, 24 Apr 1999 12:42:54 EDT Subject: TMBG: Video Compilation/Albums Hello again, my fellow mighty giants: I ordered They's Lincoln and Pink Album a couple of days ago after hearing some samples on amazon.com. From what I heard, I think I'm going to thoroughly enjoy them :-) Also, I put in my order through CD Universe for the TMBG video compilation yesterday. I really can't wait to get that in my mailbox, as I haven't seen a vid by them in like ages. I'm kind've glad The Tiny Toons bits were included, because it makes me feel like I will have even more of what little of them has been put on the TV. Lord knows MTV and VH1 won't budge an inch to put out any new stuff by them. (Even with the Austin Powers song, I'm not going to hold my breath.) But it's cool, because it just solidifies the already incredible amount of revulsion I am now feeling for music television. It's a very good thing actually, as now I'm reading more :-) Karen "that's with a K buster" Riley MuseKJ@aol.com ------------------------------ From: MuseKJ@aol.com Message-ID: <54f814c.24534b32@aol.com> Date: Sat, 24 Apr 1999 12:28:34 EDT Subject: NON- TMBG: Re: Amazing what a curious mind can turn up... In a message dated 4/23/99 12:15:31 PM Eastern Daylight Time, MuseKJ writes: << I thought that Voorhees had two "o"s in it :-) Thanks for keeping my spelling up to snuff. So, how are you Jason's cousin? Hopefully not on his mother's side ... And where are these summer camps of which you speak? Hopefully not near Blairstown, NJ, the location of Camp Crystal Lake . >> Since we've been talking about the above subject, and for any of you that might be interested, I had learned just today that "Camp Crystal Lake" has a website! Once you get to the website, if you click on "Camp History" and then "History of No-Be", you will learn that the camp dining hall burned down during the summer of 1934 (when all the kids were at camp), and a plane crashed on a mountain in or very near the camp in 1944, taking the lives of 12 men...also, on the camp history page, there are pics of the camp through the years, as well as of the lucky staff members who survived their stay at "Camp Blood" :-) And the picture of that lake on the website's main page sure does look might familiar...Of course, there is no mention at all of the camp's place in horror movie history . Here's the URL: http://www.nobebosco.org/ Karen "I swear my next post will be about TMBG" Riley MuseKJ@aol.com ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 24 Apr 1999 14:10:48 -0400 (EDT) From: "Kirsten L. Brodbeck" Subject: Re: TMBG: Video Comp, New idea to get tmbg on TV Message-ID: On Sat, 24 Apr 1999, Bob Scott wrote: > Cap'n eriKa rae wrote: > > > AKA Bob "Que un mono" Scott said elsewhere: > > I AM NOT A MONKEY!!! Perhaps I shall leave the list! :P "Arthur! Monkey out of nowhere!!!" Kirsten (we now return you to your regularly scheduled rambles) I knew you in another life You were the tears I used to cry Now you're the storm inside the waves When you touch me I float away. - David Garza ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 24 Apr 1999 13:08:22 -0500 (CDT) From: Steven Robertson Subject: Re: TMBG: Flans & SpaceGhost Message-ID: On Sat, 24 Apr 1999 Peyote42@aol.com wrote: > Flansburgh is then listed in the credits as one of the guests at the > end. Can someone tell me if there is a brief one-line dialogue that I > missed? Or is this something that has been discussed back in the 1997 > day? Apologies all around if it has been, I am relatively new to this > part of town. Perhaps someone can hop on the job of letting the > public know when this infamous show is to be aired? Nope, he actually had no lines in that one. I'm actually also on a Space Ghost mailing list (based out of a listserv at Duke, I think - I don't remember the exact address, though you can probably find it on the web), and the story there is that an interview was actually done and recorded but hasn't yet been used for a show and is just sort of sitting on a shelf somewhere. I guess with this latest announcement the interview will actually be aired at some point. I don't know that I want to be the "Official Space Ghost Spokesman," but I'll be sure to post when anything comes up on the other mailing list I'm on. - Steve Steven Robertson The Colvin Group phantom@owlnet.rice.edu http://nanonet.rice.edu ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 24 Apr 1999 13:45:53 -0500 From: Bob Scott Message-ID: <37221161.A1405F07@tmbg.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: NON- TMBG: Re: Amazing what a curious mind can turn up... MuseKJ@aol.com wrote: > Since we've been talking about the above subject, and for any of you that > might be interested, I had learned just today that "Camp Crystal Lake" has a > website! Once you get to the website, if you click on "Camp History" and > then "History of No-Be", you will learn that the camp dining hall burned down > during the summer of 1934 (when all the kids were at camp), and a plane > crashed on a mountain in or very near the camp in 1944, taking the lives of > 12 men...also, on the camp history page, there are pics of the camp through > the years, as well as of the lucky staff members who survived their stay at > "Camp Blood" :-) And the picture of that lake on the website's main page sure > does look might familiar...Of course, there is no mention at all of the > camp's place in horror movie history . > Here's the URL: http://www.nobebosco.org/ That's probably the Camp Crystal Lake which inspired the events in the movie. I remember the good old days when exorcisms were a dime a dozen, and eggs could fly in little eggplant planes... Perhaps the Johns will write a song about Camp Crystal Lake someday. > Karen "I swear my next post will be about TMBG" Riley That's what they all say! :P AKA Bob "If I hear one more reference to Warren Beatty, I will not be held responsible for the actions of NATO!" Scott Bart: "The Fireworks, Candy, and Puppy Dog Store?" Skinner: "No, right next to it..." Ah, what earthly bliss is The Simpsons? Really! I want an answer! :P ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 24 Apr 1999 15:33:07 -0500 From: Laura Helbling Message-ID: <37222A83.1DFD5776@thebigdogs.net> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: Video Comp, New idea to get tmbg on TV This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------38CFEF1960EAD4E20C9B6A39 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Cap'n eriKa rae wrote: > Laura placed a job offer: > >And I grieve the gone-ness of Darryl the Navigator, what are you > >going to do? I'd be glad to help anyway I can, and you can always use > the > >North Star (or the Hardee's All-Star). > > Well, if you can find me maps with sea paths from Idaho (that's the last > map I got from Darryl, so I assume that's where me boat is) to New York > so we can give Jesse Camp a haircut and demand they play Don't Let's > Start, it would be most greatly appreciated. Sure thing, I'll start looking. Maybe my Social Studies teacher has some...... Oooh, I get to come to New York too!! Yes, a haircut for Jesse and Don't Let's Start would be a very good day. that groovy chick, Laura "I'm not leaving the list" Helbling New Navigator for Cap'n eriKa --------------38CFEF1960EAD4E20C9B6A39 Content-Type: text/x-vcard; charset=us-ascii; name="laurah.vcf" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Description: Card for Laura Helbling Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="laurah.vcf" begin:vcard n:Helbling;Laura x-mozilla-html:FALSE org:Gabes;7th Grade adr:;;;St. Louis;Missouri;;USA version:2.1 email;internet:laurah@thebigdogs.net title:Queen of Artichokes, Writer of Lyrics, Master or Unlearned Kick boxing, Lover of the "Nice Guy", Watcher of Awesome Nazi School Movies, Kick-@#%! Soccer Player, who doesn't play soccer, Converter to They-dom, Huge fan of They Might Be Giants (my all-time fave band), and will go see Them live the next time They come to St. Louis and it will rock note;quoted-printable:"I have a secret to tell from my electrical well its a simple message and I'm leaving out the whistles and bells=0D=0ASo the room must listen to me, filibuster vigilantly, my name is blue canary one note spelled l-i-t-e" - They Might Be Giants, "Birdhouse in Your Soul" fn:Laura Helbling end:vcard --------------38CFEF1960EAD4E20C9B6A39-- ------------------------------ From: LimeZinger@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Sat, 24 Apr 1999 17:07:51 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Lots of news >It does seem odd that a whole new website would be created for this >news, rather than just having it added to tmbg.com. Most of this news > >sounds pretty cool (although I'm a bit disappointed that >"Reprehensible" will probably never see CD release). The band >certainly has a busy future scheduled. >-- maybe when they bought tmbg.com, they also reserved theymightbegiants.com -- which would be a good idea, so noone else would set it up and label it "official"... i know when i'm in search of a website, i'll stick.com on the end of what i'm looking for.. and i bet people have actually tried theymightbegiants.com instead of tmbg.com. good idea. sarah ------------------------------ From: LimeZinger@aol.com Message-ID: <37bcd8c1.245393cd@aol.com> Date: Sat, 24 Apr 1999 17:38:21 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Video Compilation/Albums In a message dated 4/24/99 12:48:41 PM, MuseKJ@aol.com writes: >I'm kind've glad The >Tiny Toons bits were included are we positive that's what the extra stuff *is*? last i heard, it was just a speculation that kind of .. took off.. did i miss a post where it was actually confirmed? i'd just hate for people to get their hopes up to see it, and just have it not be what everyone thought it was. hmm. sarah ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #16-52 ******************************