Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #16-56 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 16, Number 56 Thursday, 29 April 1999 Today's Topics: TMBG: Re: Why does the sun change? TMBG: Re:BNL/Fruvous/TMBG MD Masters to Trade TMBG: TMBG Bootleg Videos -- Shameless plug! Re: TMBG: CONCERT REVIEW: Des Moines, 4/26 TMBG: Wheaton TMBG: TMBG Bootleg Videos -- Shameless plug! -Reply Re: TMBG: Why does the sun change? TMBG: Winamp loves TMBG TMBG: Rochester Show Re: TMBG: Rochester Show TMBG: Connecticut Show May 8th TMBG: video question Re: TMBG: Rochester Show Re: TMBG: video question Re: TMBG: Rochester Show Re: TMBG: Rochester Show (try #2) Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-ID: <19990428072009.80921.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Flaming Carrot" Subject: TMBG: Re: Why does the sun change? Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 02:20:09 CDT When guys in my house play bad music, I often like to retalliate with Pizzicato Five "Twiggy Twiggy", or Shonen Knife's Cover of "Daydream Beleiver". I like the songs, but they can't stand them. Another classic I used to torture a guy across the hall with was the first Moog Cookbook album, he despised it. The best was going into his room, and putting the Moog Cookbook cover of Lenny Kravetz's AYGGMW on his CD player to wake him up. Other fun music/songs: Bjork - Gling Glo (album) - entirely in icelandic Ass Ponys - Little Bastard Pink Floyd - Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving with a Pict Ween - Bay Bitch & Buenos Tardes Amigos bjorky _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3726E8B1.236D65A1@pacificnet.net> Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 03:53:42 -0700 From: Bongo Subject: TMBG: Re:BNL/Fruvous/TMBG MD Masters to Trade [Badly formed multipart message, contents not processed] ------------------------------ Message-ID: <37271932.5E7F0D9D@btc.adaptec.com> Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 08:20:34 -0600 From: Russ Josephson Organization: STMicroelectronics, Inc Subject: TMBG: TMBG Bootleg Videos -- Shameless plug! Hello, I've been lurking too much lately, but just thought that I'd post about my TMBG Bootleg Videos for the new list-members: "TMBG Video Bootleg - Vol. 1" (120 min) "TMBG Video Bootleg - Vol. 2" (120 min) "TMBG Video Bootleg - Vol. 3" (120 min) "TMBG Hatch Shell Concerts: 9/6/96 & 9/6/97" (120 min) "TMBG Celebrate Brooklyn Concert 7/9/95" (87 min) "TMBG Hatch Shell Concert 7/30/98" (56 min) I also have a Joe Jackson tape: "Joe Jackson Video Bootleg - Vol. 1" (120 min) I'm willing to trade any one video for someone who's willing to supply a TMBG concert or TV appearance that I don't already have on a high grade tape (like Maxell Gold or HiFi). For those with nothing to trade, I'll accept $7 for each tape to cover my costs. For more information, check out my trade page at: http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/7158/tmbg.htm (I'm anxiously awaiting my copy of the new OFFICIAL TMBG video release.) Russ P.S. I'm still collecting stuff for Vol. 4. It should be available by this summer. -- WORK: HOME: STMicroelectronics Russ Josephson 1951 S. Fordham St. 1217 N. Aspen Dr. Longmont, CO 80503 Berthoud, CO 80513-1040 Phone: (303) 684-4722 (970) 532-0453 Fax: (303) 684-3020 (970) 690-1509 (cellular) mailto:Russell.JOSEPHSON@st.com mailto:russj@juno.com http://www.st.com http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/7158 ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990428145121.77083.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: CONCERT REVIEW: Des Moines, 4/26 Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 07:51:19 PDT Tarsi wrote: >They did 3(?) new numbers, the one I >liked the best was called "Edith Head", very cool, I predict a good >hit there. Well, since this is going on the MP3 album, it will probably never get the chance to achieve hit status (unless it's so well-received that the Johns decide to put it on Their next studio album). -- May the light shine upon thee, Nathan Mulac "Certain People I Could Name" DeHoff DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199904281655.MAA19321@smtp4.fas.harvard.edu> Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 12:54:02 -0400 From: Richard Chen Subject: TMBG: Wheaton Hey, I just joined the list, so I don't know if this has been mentioned, but does anyone have any information on the alleged show this Saturday at Wheaton College (in Norton, MA)? It's listed on their tour dates on Pollstar, but not on tmbg.com. Any help would be much appreciated. -Rich ------------------------------ From: rhilton@bitc.org.uk Message-Id: Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 19:25:13 +0000 Subject: TMBG: TMBG Bootleg Videos -- Shameless plug! -Reply and for all new list-members please note that these are good value, you won't get ripped off and they are worth buying (as many will testify). Roll on Vol 4! Richard >>> "russj@btc.adaptec.com" 28/April/1999 05:31pm >>> Hello, I've been lurking too much lately, but just thought that I'd post about my TMBG Bootleg Videos for the new list-members: "TMBG Video Bootleg - Vol. 1" (120 min) "TMBG Video Bootleg - Vol. 2" (120 min) "TMBG Video Bootleg - Vol. 3" (120 min) "TMBG Hatch Shell Concerts: 9/6/96 & 9/6/97" (120 min) "TMBG Celebrate Brooklyn Concert 7/9/95" (87 min) "TMBG Hatch Shell Concert 7/30/98" (56 min) I also have a Joe Jackson tape: "Joe Jackson Video Bootleg - Vol. 1" (120 min) I'm willing to trade any one video for someone who's willing to supply a TMBG concert or TV appearance that I don't already have on a high grade tape (like Maxell Gold or HiFi). For those with nothing to trade, I'll accept $7 for each tape to cover my costs. For more information, check out my trade page at: http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/7158/tmbg.htm (I'm anxiously awaiting my copy of the new OFFICIAL TMBG video release.) Russ P.S. I'm still collecting stuff for Vol. 4. It should be available by this summer. -- WORK: HOME: STMicroelectronics Russ Josephson 1951 S. Fordham St. 1217 N. Aspen Dr. Longmont, CO 80503 Berthoud, CO 80513-1040 Phone: (303) 684-4722 (970) 532-0453 Fax: (303) 684-3020 (970) 690-1509 (cellular) mailto:Russell.JOSEPHSON@st.com mailto:russj@juno.com http://www.st.com http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/7158 ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 15:35:01 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: Why does the sun change? Message-ID: <19990428.153501.4374.0.hotel_detective1@juno.com> From: "Cap'n eriKa rae" Jeff Rogers wrote: > Ahh the bad rap. I remember the bad rap from my days in the dorm. The guys > two doors down felt the need to share what I can only describe as a Mexican > rap cover of Stayin' Alive with the rest of the quad. Blarphorama! For some > truly bad music my roommate had two CD's we used to blast, one of William > Shatner singing and one of Leonard Nimoy attempting to sing as well. Then Kirsten wrote: > My roomie and I blast Gypsy Kings or old Chumbawamba -- >nothing like a little "Homophobia" played at top volume to make doors slam >up and down the hall. ;) The best thing to play really loud to bother people is Louis Armstrong, because he's got such a neat singing voice. Every day at lunch in the band room at my school (yeah, I eat in the band room. I hate the cafeteria), all these people from a study hall come in and try to play some bad punk on the stereo and we always turn it off and play this Louis Armstrong song on the Sleepless in Seattle soundtrack (which, surprisingly, is a good album... it's got a lot of good jazzy stuff.) really friggen loud, and then they all leave. ever-sincere, eriKa, would you like to see me make a bubble? "It's been cool to be cool for too long now and now it's cool not to be cool." - Ben Folds ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-ID: <372783CF.72BFD14@pdnt.com> Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 16:55:27 -0500 From: Jared Trouth Subject: TMBG: Winamp loves TMBG Hey, check it out. Tom Pepper, one of the developers of Winamp, was at a TMBG concert the other night. You can read about his experience at http://www.winamp.com/winamp/finger-tom.html. ------------------------------ From: Alterian@aol.com Message-ID: <224dd5fd.2458f5d2@aol.com> Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 19:37:54 EDT Subject: TMBG: Rochester Show Hey, is anyone going to the show planning on taping it? I'll be there. I'm pretty sure I'm going to be wearing shorts and my Powerpuff Girls shirt..probably on Linnell's side if I can get a good spot..see ya there! -Amber the Transcendent ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 20:33:26 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: Rochester Show Message-ID: <19990428.203329.2846.0.captainmarvel2@juno.com> From: Derek A Klein Provided I can get my friend's micro cassette recorder in time, I'm going to tape the show. I tried before, but it was suck ass quality. But I have since learned the wonders of an external microphone, so I'll let everyone know how this comes out. By the way, if anyone wants to look for me there, I'll be wearing jeans and my Drinking Birds shirt. I'm 6'2" w/ black hair. I'll be with another guy about 6'. If you can trace me down by that description, come along and say Hey. I don't bite ...unless asked nicely. Derek "What is everyone staring at?" On Wed, 28 Apr 1999 19:37:54 EDT Alterian@aol.com writes: >Hey, is anyone going to the show planning on taping it? I'll be there. I'm pretty >sure I'm going to be wearing shorts and my Powerpuff Girls shirt..probably on >Linnell's side if I can get a good spot..see ya there! ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: "Lee" Subject: TMBG: Connecticut Show May 8th Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 20:59:41 -0400 Message-ID: THEY will be playing at Connecticut College on May 8th HOWEVER, this event is for students only. Connecticut college is located in New London across the street from the Coast Guard Academy. I called today and they are not selling tickets. This really sucks, why do THEY do this to us. If there is anyone out there that can help me get me and my kids into this show please e-mail me privately. I work in New London and will meet someone willing to help me out. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <003e01be9374$dfbc46a0$35a6bfd1@cannon> From: "eRiCh" Subject: TMBG: video question Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 18:49:37 -0700 any of you who ordered the new DFB video from TMB Productions (catolog or website) have not got there's yet? I hear some have but I haven't. I wonder if they lost my order or somethng (i placed it in december) eRiCh [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 22:13:28 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: Rochester Show Message-ID: <19990428.221356.17846.0.hotel_detective1@juno.com> From: "Cap'n eriKa rae" Derek said: >I don't bite ...unless asked nicely. Dang, I want to steal a car and get to the Rochester Show just for the offer of that! ever-sincere, eriKa, no, that was Star Wars. "It's been cool to be cool for too long now and now it's cool not to be cool." - Ben Folds ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199904290252.WAA16440@f04n01.cac.psu.edu> Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 22:53:16 -0400 From: Jason Fickley Subject: Re: TMBG: video question I don't have it yet either, so you're not alone. Has anyone gotten it from tmb prod. yet? --Jason-- At 06:49 PM 4/30/99 -0700, eRiCh wrote: any of you who ordered the new DFB video from TMB Productions (catolog or website) have not got there's yet? I hear some have but I haven't. I wonder if they lost my order or somethng (i placed it in december) eRiCh ------------------------------ From: LimeZinger@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 00:55:31 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Rochester Show In a message dated 4/28/99 7:21:50 PM, Alterian@aol.com writes: >Hey, is anyone going to the show planning on taping it? ------------------------------ From: LimeZinger@aol.com Message-ID: <9511fd5f.245940ca@aol.com> Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 00:57:46 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Rochester Show (try #2) {{ whoops.. disregard my previous post. aol sucks. }} In a message dated 4/28/99 7:21:50 PM, Alterian@aol.com writes: >Hey, is anyone going to the show planning on taping it? i have the equipment... to make a sucky boot. i'm too nervous to try it again. eh. i'll probably be taking pictures anyway. i plan on wearing my mono puff shirt... and i have green adidas sneakers. seey'all there! woo! sarah (wants a conan latte cup) http://members.aol.com/limezinger ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #16-56 ******************************