Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #16-6 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 16, Number 6 Saturday, 6 March 1999 Today's Topics: Non-TMBG: New State Mottoes (actually funny) Re: TMBG: contractual beverage squabbles Re: TMBG: Retraction/setlist request TMBG: Bootleg trading, profits, and blanks TMBG: Good show, bad crowd NON-TMBG: my butt hurts. Re: NON TMBG: Fresh Step Re: TMBG: Good show, bad crowd Re: TMBG: Bootleg trading, profits, and blanks Re: TMBG: Bootleg trading, profits, and blanks Re: TMBG: Bootleg trading, profits, and blanks Re: TMBG: Bootleg trading, profits, and blanks Re: TMBG: Bootleg trading, profits, and blanks TMBG: tmbg in philly TMBG: Bob forbid... Re: TMBG: Bootleg trading, profits, and blanks Re: TMBG: Bootleg trading, profits, and blanks Re: TMBG: Bootleg trading, profits, and blanks (none) TMBG: snowball TMBG: Re: Re: TMBG: Bootleg trading, profits, and blanks Re: TMBG: Bootleg trading, profits, and blanks Re: TMBG: Bootleg trading, profits, and blanks Re: Non-TMBG: Flansburgh versus Christ and modern irony Re: NON-TMBG: B-movies NON TMBG: Hitchhiker's news flash! Re: TMBG: B-movies Re: Non TMBG: The Best B-Movies of our time. NON-TMBG: Health Foods & Nerf Herder Re: TMBG: Bootleg trading, profits, and blanks Re: TMBG: Bootleg trading, profits, and blanks Re: TMBG: Bootleg trading, profits, and blanks Re: TMBG: Bootleg trading, profits, and blanks Semi-TMBG: tape trading + OAT Re: NON-TMBG: Health Foods & Nerf Herder Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-Id: <2.2.32.19990305074301.00f7b670@pop-server.austin.rr.com> Date: Fri, 05 Mar 1999 01:43:01 -0600 From: Mitchell Harding Subject: Non-TMBG: New State Mottoes (actually funny) Three things: 1) I apologize for posting this to the list, but it really is quite funny. 2) For best effect, read the end first, then the beginning, then the middle. 3) I didn't make these up myself, unfortunately. >NEW STATE MOTTOS... >Alabama: At Least We're not Mississippi >Alaska: 11,623 Eskimos Can't be Wrong! >Arizona: But It's a Dry Heat! >Arkansas: Litterasy Ain't Everthing >California: As Seen on TV >Colorado: If You Don't Ski, Don't Bother >Connecticut: Like Massachusetts, Only Dirtier and With Less Character >Delaware: We Really Do Like the Chemicals in our Water >Florida: Ask Us About Our Grandkids >Georgia: We Put the "Fun" in Fundamentalist Extremism >Hawaii: Haka Tiki Mou Sha'ami Leeki Toru (Death to Mainland Scum, But Leave Your Money) >Idaho: More Than Just Potatoes... Well Okay, We're Not, But The Potatoes Are Real Good >Illinois: Please Don't Pronounce the "S" >Indiana: 2 Billion Years Tidal Wave Free >Iowa: We Do Amazing Things With Corn >Kansas: First Of The Rectangle States >Kentucky: Five Million People; Fifteen Last Names >Louisiana: We're Not All Drunk Cajun Wackos, But That's Our Tourism Campaign >Maine: We're Really Cold, But We Have Cheap Lobster >Maryland: A Thinking Man's Delaware >Massachusetts: Our Taxes Are Lower Than Sweden's (For Most Tax Brackets) >Michigan: First Line of Defense From the Canadians >Minnesota: 10,000 Lakes and 10,000,000 Mosquitoes >Mississippi: Come Feel Better About Your Own State >Missouri: Your Federal Flood Relief Tax Dollars at Work >Montana: Land of the Big Sky, the Unabomber, Right-Wing Crazies, and Very Little Else >Nebraska: Ask About Our State Motto Contest >Nevada: Whores and Poker! >New Hampshire: Go Away and Leave Us Alone >New Jersey: You Want a ##$%##! Motto? I Got Yer ##$%##!Motto Right Here! >New Mexico: Lizards Make Excellent Pets >New York: You Have the Right to Remain Silent, You Have the Right to an Attorney . . . >North Carolina: Tobacco is a Vegetable >North Dakota: We Really are One of the 50 States! >Ohio: We Wish We Were In Michigan >Oklahoma: Like the Play, Only No Singing >Oregon: Spotted Owl... It's What's For Dinner >Pennsylvania: Cook With Coal >Rhode Island: We're Not REALLY An Island >South Carolina: Remember the Civil War? We Didn't Actually Surrender >South Dakota: Closer Than North Dakota >Tennessee: The Educashun State >Texas: Si Hablo Ingles (Yes, I speak English) >Utah: Our Jesus Is Better Than Your Jesus >Vermont: Yep >Virginia: Who Says Government Stiffs and Slackjaw Yokels Don't Mix? >Washington: Help! We're Overrun By Nerds and Slackers! >Washington, D.C.: Wanna Be Mayor? >West Virginia: One Big Happy Family-Really! >Wisconsin: Come Cut Our Cheese >Wyoming: Wynot? Harf, Mitch http://ccwf.cc.utexas.edu/~mitcharf/index.html "Whatever is begun in anger ends in shame." - Benjamin Franklin ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199903051440.JAA142680@f04n07.cac.psu.edu> Date: Fri, 05 Mar 1999 09:41:45 -0500 From: Jason Fickley Subject: Re: TMBG: contractual beverage squabbles At 09:50 PM 3/4/99 -0700, tmbgirl@juno.com wrote: >>. but no >>store here carries 'surge.' > >no the real question is WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO CRYSTAL PEPSI?!? Or crystal gravy, for that matter! Oh and Surge is real big here in Western Pennsylvania... --Jason-- ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 10:04:35 -0500 (EST) From: Josh Axelrad Subject: Re: TMBG: Retraction/setlist request Message-ID: Sounds very cool... If anybody got a setlist could they please send it to web@tmbg.net? We so far have the sets from the first 3 shows of 1999 and it would be nice to keep the trend going. If by some chance nobody has a complete set... if you can remember the songs they played (even not in order) and coudl send that along it would be appreciated... Thanks -- Jish TMBG.net and the EFnet #TMBG Home Page http://www.tmbg.net/ On Fri, 5 Mar 1999, Adam Schaaf wrote: > hi. > > a few weeks ago, i wrote an e-mail detailing my personal distress > for they might be giants. after seeing tonight's show in philadelphia, > i would like to retract whatever negative comments i made about > the lack of new music. they preformed not one, but three entirely > new songs tonight. all were written in the past week and apparently, > we here in the city of brotherly love got to break the cherry on these > virgin songs. they are: > > cyclops rock > now everything's too loud > she thinks she's edith head > > for any of you who were asking yourself who edith head is at the > show or sitting in front of your computer screen, she was a highly > demanded film costumer of the 50s and 60s. she did a lot of hitchcock's > films. i also must say that the dynamic of john and john with dan > hickey, > miller and weinkauf is, IMHO, the best incarnation of TMBG so far. i'm > even more anxious to hear what mike gets from them from his interview > next week. > > > your underking of pop trivia, > adam schaaf > ------------------------------------------ > "It's a strange world, my friend. We're bound to > run to each other. Until then, keep your unit on ya." > > ___________________________________________________________________ > You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. > Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html > or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] > ------------------------------ Message-ID: <36DFF968.401C2E51@btc.adaptec.com> Date: Fri, 05 Mar 1999 08:34:00 -0700 From: Russ Josephson Organization: Adaptec, Inc Subject: TMBG: Bootleg trading, profits, and blanks RE: Bootleg trading, profits, and blanks: I don't think that trading for blanks is evil, just wasteful. First, the post office makes more profits from people sending the blanks to the trader. Second, all those mailers would be filling my local landfill, as I can't always recycle them. Third, I have been able to stock up on good quality videos, and I've really learned that there _is_ a difference in quality between the cheapo tapes and the good ones. That's why I'll trade my TMBG videos for other TMBG videos, but if you don't have something to trade, I only ask for some cash to cover the tapes, postage, and mailers that I use. Also because so few people have TMBG videos to trade, and even fewer have two HIFI VCRs that they can use to make copies. (By the way, I've spent about $6000 in materials so far, and received about $6000 back from TMBG and Joe Jackson fans, so I have not made a profit, but have sent around 1,000 videos to happy fans all over the world.) Now in PAL and SECAM, too! Russ > > > >about trading... um, there are lots of sites out there. if you have > >stuff to trade, any site will work; if you don't, then stay away from > >the people who do 2 for 1 blank trades because they're evil. (actually, > >stay away from them anyway) > > > curious -- what's wrong with these people, why are they 'evil'? what's so > bad about a person that makes a copy for someone they don't know and all > they get in return is a coupla blank tapes? i've done this in the past, and > i'm just curious, why should people stay away from me for doing this? for > one thing, i'm helping someone who has nothing to trade by *giving them > something to trade*, and i'm getting two blank tapes in return, which btw > are very cheap (a person's not going to spend a lot of money on two blank > tapes), could be used to make other copies of boots / could prove to be > useful in future trades. i'm going out of my way to make a copy of a boot > for someone that has no boots and all i'm getting 2 blank tapes, if anything > i'm getting the short end of the stick. so why should someone stay away from > people that do this? > david. wagner. wagner@mindspring.com > -- WORK: HOME: STMicroelectronics Russ Josephson 1951 S. Fordham St. 1217 N. Aspen Dr. Longmont, CO 80503 Berthoud, CO 80513-1040 Phone: (303) 684-4722 (970) 532-0453 Fax: (303) 684-3020 (970) 690-1509 (cellular) mailto:russj@juno.com http://www.st.com http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/7158 ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990305180214.21667.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Joseph Barrett" Subject: TMBG: Good show, bad crowd Date: Fri, 05 Mar 1999 10:02:14 PST I just saw TMBG at the Electric Factory in P.A. last night. The show was excellent, the sound fantastic, but the crowd..............well sort of annoying. Since when has crowd surfing become incorporated into good old fasion TMBG fun ? Maybe I'm just getting old, but can't we all just boogie down like the good old days ? I mean a mosh pit during "Birdhouse In Your Soul" seems a little odd to me. I guess I should have expected it though seeing that REEL BIG FISH was the opening act. I'm not trying to put down a good ol' fasion mosh pit, but just trying to say that its time and place is not at a TMBG show. ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 11:15:20 -0700 (MST) From: Jim Kuemmerle Subject: NON-TMBG: my butt hurts. Message-ID: On Thu, 4 Mar 1999, e f rae wrote: > so in order to keep many TMBG fans for ending up wanted by the FBI for > various illegal doings, we must wander into the nether regions of > conversation... (snip) > it's not like a make a post that says "my butt hurts" and we discuss > it at length for hours on end. ^^^^ (snip) > ...in the end, isn't that most important? ^^^ is this what you meant by "the nether regions of conversation"? --jim kuemmerle, in an odd mood today... j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668/ next Z^ivio show: 3/6 -- International Folkdance Party, 1st Unitarian Church (corner of 6th S & 13th E); next Glade show: 3/16 -- A Cup of Joe (353 W 200 S); next Loose Shoes show: 3/13 -- English Country Dance Party, St. Paul's Episcopal Church (corner of 9th E & 3rd S) ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 05 Mar 1999 13:26:32 -0500 From: Mark Beissel Message-ID: <36E021D8.5F46@ameritech.net> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: NON TMBG: Fresh Step > > > And in closing, has anyone out there actually seen Fresh Step do > >anything off of Letterman's show? I find everything about the group > >highly suspect, and expect that something will be revealed April Fool's > >Day. You're right... Fresh Step was created by the Late Show. They're not a real band.(They're named after kitty litter for cryin' out loud!:->) ------------------------------ Message-ID: <36DFEC92.683976ED@osu.edu> Date: Fri, 05 Mar 1999 14:39:15 +0000 From: Diana Kocar Subject: Re: TMBG: Good show, bad crowd Joseph Barrett wrote: > I just saw TMBG at the Electric Factory in P.A. last night. The show > was excellent, the sound fantastic, but the crowd..............well sort > of annoying. Since when has crowd surfing become incorporated into good > old fasion TMBG fun ? Maybe I'm just getting old, but can't we all just > boogie down like the good old days ? I mean a mosh pit during "Birdhouse > In Your Soul" seems a little odd to me. I guess I should have expected > it though seeing that REEL BIG FISH was the opening act. I'm not trying > to put down a good ol' fasion mosh pit, but just trying to say that its > time and place is not at a TMBG show. I know. I hate crowd surfers. They are annoying, selfish, and disrespectful to the music. If anybody on this list crowd surfs, PLEASE STOP! I really dislike having to watch out for getting kicked in the head when I am paying to see and enjoy a band I like. I went to a Reel Big Fish concert a couple weeks ago and there was a crowd surfer going by like once a minute! Luckily, I forsaw this and stood off to the side, though I still insisted on being near the front, and blew out my eardrums in front of the speaker instead (I like the ringy noise in my ear now). :-) RBF does make an attempt to stop crowd surfing, however. They always make announcements saying not to do it, but of course the silly people at the concert pay don't pay no attention to that. Diana (who would never wish she was in Michigan) ------------------------------ Message-ID: Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 15:06:25 -0500 (EST) From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: Re: TMBG: Bootleg trading, profits, and blanks Excerpts from internet.music.tmbg: 5-Mar-99 TMBG: Bootleg trading, prof.. by Russ Josephson@btc.adapt > I don't think that trading for blanks is evil, just wasteful. > First, the post office makes more profits from people sending trading for blanks is not evil. trading for a number of blanks greater than the number of tapes returned is evil. Lawrence Solomon http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~lps/ lps@andrew.cmu.edu "Just because you're floating doesn't mean * This space inadvertently you haven't drowned." -They Might Be Giants * left with stuff in it. ------------------------------ From: Matt James Message-Id: <199903052151.QAA23048@fellspt.charm.net> Subject: Re: TMBG: Bootleg trading, profits, and blanks Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 16:51:37 -0500 (EST) > Excerpts from internet.music.tmbg: 5-Mar-99 TMBG: Bootleg trading, > prof.. by Russ Josephson@btc.adapt > > I don't think that trading for blanks is evil, just wasteful. > > First, the post office makes more profits from people sending > > trading for blanks is not evil. trading for a number of blanks greater > than the number of tapes returned is evil. I am assuming that you are saying that 2 tapes should not be traded for 1 concert being copied (assuming that concert fits on 1 tape). You would return 1 tape to the receiver of the copied concert. That extra tape being given to the taper constitutes an evil act? Or are you saying that the taper should not receive 2 blank tapes for sending back 1 taped concert (on 1 tape)? If the taper sent 1 back and only got to keep 1 tape then that would be a fair trade. If the taper was only sent 1 blank tape, put his concert on that tape, and sent it back to the person receiving the taped concert then that is not even a trade at all!! Now, some people will do that as they are very nice, but it isn't a trade. A trade requires some goods to be given to one party and equal goods to be given to the other party. If the taper merely puts his concert on the guys tape and sends it back, he ends up with nothing. So perhaps this is not what you were speaking of? Perhaps you were saying that the taper should not receive 2 blank tapes to keep for putting his concert on a third blank tape to be sent back to the receiver? Please clear this up for me. Thanks, Matt ------------------------------ Message-ID: <36E05676.166746A9@rosevc.rose-hulman.edu> Date: Fri, 05 Mar 1999 17:11:02 -0500 From: Chad Maloney Subject: Re: TMBG: Bootleg trading, profits, and blanks Matt James wrote: > > trading for blanks is not evil. trading for a number of blanks greater > > than the number of tapes returned is evil. > I am assuming that you are saying that 2 tapes should not be traded for > 1 concert being copied (assuming that concert fits on 1 tape). I assume that Lawrence is saying that if you want one show on one tape, you should send ONE TAPE. Don't send two tapes, one getting sent back and another is payment. Send one tape. Get the same tape back. Also send postage both ways. > You would return 1 tape to the receiver of the copied concert. That > extra tape being given to the taper constitutes an evil act? The taper doesn't receive payment at all. That's the bad part. If you do, you are profitting off something that you have no right in the world to profit off of. > Or are you saying that the taper should not receive 2 blank tapes > for sending back 1 taped concert (on 1 tape)? That's even worse. > If the taper sent 1 back and only got to keep 1 tape then that would > be a fair trade. If the taper was only sent 1 blank tape, put his > concert on that tape, and sent it back to the person receiving the > taped concert then that is not even a trade at all!! It's not a "tape for tape" trade. It's a tape for good karma trade. You are spreading the music you love to someone else and you aren't hurting the band by making a profit from them. If you keep a tape, you are making a profit (even if it is just one tape). > Now, some people will do that as they are very nice, but it isn't > a trade. A trade requires some goods to be given to one party and > equal goods to be given to the other party. If the taper merely > puts his concert on the guys tape and sends it back, he ends up with > nothing. He ends up with the good karma and feeling that he spread the music to someone who would enjoy it and will hopefully in turn spread it to more people. He also ends up knowing he isn't taking money away from the band by profitting from the privelege of taping. - Chad ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 13 Feb 1999 05:12:42 -0500 Subject: Re: TMBG: Bootleg trading, profits, and blanks Message-ID: <19990213.051249.2710.0.Phone_Book@juno.com> From: Renquist L Hedgeloff Chad Maloney writes: >Matt James wrote: >> You would return 1 tape to the receiver of the copied concert. That >> extra tape being given to the taper constitutes an evil act? > >The taper doesn't receive payment at all. That's the bad part. If >you do, you are profitting off something that you have no right >in the world to profit off of. Time? In my own humble book, time is certainly money: are you saying that the kindness of spending the allotted time recording music for a stranger isn't at all worth a two dollar blank tape? Are those bootleg traders, those who do the deed of recording music for needy persons in return for insignificant tokens, greedy profit mongers? "Evil," as they have been termed? I'm certainly not condoning the payment of any semi-substantial amount of wealth or posession for a bootleg recording, but--though recording may not be a greatly time consuming activity--it is a good favor, and good favors should not go unthanked. >It's not a "tape for tape" trade. It's a tape for good karma trade. >You are spreading the music you love to someone else and you aren't >hurting the band by making a profit from them. If you keep a tape, >you are making a profit (even if it is just one tape). If one would like to strengthen his karma by making recordings for nothing, I certainly see nothing wrong with that--but he shouldn't be jaded for doing so. Like all other transactions in the capitalist world ... if the buyer doesn't like it, chances are somebody else has a better deal. For free, even. About off-topic posting: some .. year ago, perhaps, I condensed my views concerning that unabashedly recurring subject into one long post. Next time the argument rolls around, I'll look it up--but it seems to be blowing over, this time. Knock on wood. Oh, yes. Do I make the twenty? My butt hurts. :) Thank you for your time, ladies and gentlemen! Don't forget: drive angry! peace, love, and good happiness stuff, jay. -- jayhc, who can't get enough of off topic posting e-mail: rabbivole@aol.com, phone_book@juno.com aol im: PhoneBookJ, RabbiVole irc: PhoneBook "and sadly the cross-eyed bear's been put to sleep behind the stairs, and his shoes are laced with irony." --tmbg "Hey, some people take drugs and some people like to have sex all day, I like to watch my bees as I make music, so what." --steve vai -- ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 15:53:56 -0700 (MST) From: Jim Kuemmerle Subject: Re: TMBG: Bootleg trading, profits, and blanks Message-ID: On Sat, 13 Feb 1999, Renquist L Hedgeloff wrote: > Time? In my own humble book, time is certainly money ah, back on that old "time is money" kick, right? --jim kuemmerle, who couldn't resist... j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668/ ------------------------------ From: FID889@aol.com Message-ID: <8b06b443.36e0632b@aol.com> Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 18:05:15 EST Subject: TMBG: tmbg in philly hey all....i didn't read anything yesterday so i do not know if anyone posted on this topic. I was just wondering if anyone went to the Reel Big Fish/TMBG show in Philly yesterday, and if so how it was. I also wanted to double check on who oppened the show...i mean i should hope TMBG finished it off...but i just wanted to check. I also heard they did an interview or something on the morning show, but due to school commitments i was unable to check up on this. so if anyone has any answeres, or even more question, post. megan ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 16:11:33 -0700 (MST) From: Jim Kuemmerle Subject: TMBG: Bob forbid... Message-ID: a little while ago, the Rev. Bill wrote: > I mean, I admit that a lot of the stuff posted to the list is just plain > dumb (no offense, y'all...just assume that I mean that most posts, but > yours are good). I end up deleting a lot of posts before I reach the end > of the first line...but I'm still here. The interesting group of folks we > have here (everyone from the now-sedate-and-fairly-normal Josh Buckland to > the world-renowned celebrities of Sarah, Jordan, Jen, and Jim) is enough > to keep me here, even if (gasp!) They would happen to break up one of > these days (double gasp!). i have a very strong feeling that even if (triple gasp!) They break up, the List would survive and continue, for that very reason. while it's not the reason i first signed on to the list, (and we *all* know what that reason was,) the reason i am still here is because of the people. this is also the reason why i will be on this list tomorrow, and the day after that. and if (quadruple gasp!) the List were to dissipate, i should certainly hope that somebody would take the initiative to start another list and call it the ex-tmbg mailing list or something like that so that we can keep these sorts of discussions going. (the interesting corollary to this would be, of course, that 'on-topic' and 'off-topic' would lose all meaning...) --jim kuemmerle, honored to be a world-renowned celebrity... :) j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668/ ------------------------------ Message-ID: Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 18:14:33 -0500 (EST) From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: Re: TMBG: Bootleg trading, profits, and blanks Excerpts from internet.music.tmbg: 13-Feb-99 Re: TMBG: Bootleg trading, .. by Renquist L Hedgeloff@jun > Time? In my own humble book, time is certainly money: are you saying > that the kindness of spending the allotted time recording music for a > stranger isn't at all worth a two dollar blank tape? Are those bootleg > traders, those who do the deed of recording music for needy persons in > return for insignificant tokens, greedy profit mongers? "Evil," as they > have been termed? I'm certainly not condoning the payment of any > semi-substantial amount of wealth or posession for a bootleg recording, > but--though recording may not be a greatly time consuming activity--it is > a good favor, and good favors should not go unthanked. Time? how long does it take you to flip a tape? I can dub 10 tapes for someone and it'll take up about 10 minutes of my time, most of which is spent looking for blank tapes and labeling what I send back. In no way is that worth 10 extra tapes. That's a tape per minute, or $2 per minute, which comes to $120 an hour. That looks like profit to me, especially if you do this a lot. Lawrence Solomon http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~lps/ lps@andrew.cmu.edu "Just because you're floating doesn't mean * This space inadvertently you haven't drowned." -They Might Be Giants * left with stuff in it. ------------------------------ Message-ID: Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 18:18:29 -0500 (EST) From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: Re: TMBG: Bootleg trading, profits, and blanks Excerpts from internet.music.tmbg: 5-Mar-99 Re: TMBG: Bootleg trading, .. by Matt James@charm.net > If the taper sent 1 back and only got to keep 1 tape then that would > be a fair trade. If the taper was only sent 1 blank tape, put his > concert on that tape, and sent it back to the person receiving the > taped concert then that is not even a trade at all!! it depends on how you define "trade." In a trade, no person should end up with more or less than they started with. I have a blank tape. I have $1.01 in cash. I have a padded envelope. I put them all together in a large envelope and send them to someone else. He copies a show onto the tape, puts it in the envelope and drops it in a mailbox. At the end, I still have one tape, one envelope, and $1.01 in canceled postage. And he has exactly what he started with. If I send two tapes, not only do I end up with less than I started with, but he ends up with more, too. > Now, some people will do that as they are very nice, but it isn't > a trade. A trade requires some goods to be given to one party and > equal goods to be given to the other party. If the taper merely > puts his concert on the guys tape and sends it back, he ends up with > nothing. What does he *LOSE*, though? His ego? His greed? Lawrence Solomon http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~lps/ lps@andrew.cmu.edu "Just because you're floating doesn't mean * This space inadvertently you haven't drowned." -They Might Be Giants * left with stuff in it. ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 13 Feb 1999 06:03:31 -0500 Subject: Re: TMBG: Bootleg trading, profits, and blanks Message-ID: <19990213.060336.2710.1.Phone_Book@juno.com> From: Renquist L Hedgeloff On Fri, 5 Mar 1999 18:14:33 -0500 (EST) Lawrence P Solomon writes: >Time? how long does it take you to flip a tape? I can dub 10 tapes for >someone and it'll take up about 10 minutes of my time, most of which is >spent looking for blank tapes and labeling what I send back. In no way >is that worth 10 extra tapes. That's a tape per minute, or $2 per >minute, which comes to $120 an hour. > >That looks like profit to me, especially if you do this a lot. > The majority of persons do not send ten tapes at a time; in bulk, the hassle per tape lowers, as does the price (in most situations. A huge box of cereal is cheaper, to scale, than a smaller one). Discretion can be used, depending on your own wealth and free time--recall that I was not saying that dubbed tapes should be purchased, just that the act of requiring purchase is not wrong in any way. But, aside from all that, if you can find enough buyers to make consistently 120 dollars an hour .. then I'll go into business with you, and we can contract out-of-work IRS employees at cheap rates to make tapes in sweat shops some twelve hours a day, and strike it rich .. and .. and... Shew. If only ... peace, love, and good happiness stuff, jay. -- jayhc, lamenting the fact that he has to get a job e-mail: rabbivole@aol.com, phone_book@juno.com aol im: PhoneBookJ, RabbiVole irc: PhoneBook "and sadly the cross-eyed bear's been put to sleep behind the stairs, and his shoes are laced with irony." --tmbg "Hey, some people take drugs and some people like to have sex all day, I like to watch my bees as I make music, so what." --steve vai -- ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 19:51:28 -0500 Message-ID: <19990305.195133.9958.0.hotel_detective1@juno.com> From: e f rae >>is this what you meant by "the nether regions of conversation"? oh yeah baby. way nether. um... yeah. >>ah, back on that old "time is money" kick, right? So, I have to ask (also, I have to put something TMBG related so, technically, it's on topic and no one's head explodes or something), what's that whole little clip in "Snowball in Hell" from? Please no one direct to the sonofabitchin FAQ, cause I have no internet access from my computer to hence check it out and besides, the FAQ hates me. It beats me up and takes my lunch money. Seriously. I've got scars people! >>Ohio: We Wish We Were In Michigan This is so unbelievably true. At least, I assume so. I'm not from there originally, but after being forced to reside here for the past six years, I can see that Ohio desperately wishes it was cool. Or that it was something else. Perhaps not Michigan, but something. And it's not. It sucks. Feh. If anyone one on here lives in Ohio and likes it, I apologize for the previous statement. >>Pennsylvania: Cook With Coal This makes no sense to me. I lived in Pennsylvania for nine years, and I don't believe I ever saw a real piece of coal. Besides, we didn't cook with anything like that. My family hunkered in the back yard over a small fire and cooked chucks of raw meat with our bare hands. OUR BARE HANDS, I TELL YOU! OH, THE HUMANITY! ever-sincere, eriKa, if you lived in Wilkshire Hills, you'd be home by now. "It's been cool to be cool for too long now and now it's cool not to be cool." - Ben Folds (I know I've already used this quote but I like it, so there) ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 18:01:33 -0700 (MST) From: Jim Kuemmerle Subject: TMBG: snowball Message-ID: On Fri, 5 Mar 1999, e f rae wrote: > So, I have to ask (also, I have to put something TMBG related so, > technically, it's on topic and no one's head explodes or something), > what's that whole little clip in "Snowball in Hell" from? Please no one > direct to the sonofabitchin FAQ, cause I have no internet access from my > computer to hence check it out and besides, the FAQ hates me. It beats me > up and takes my lunch money. Seriously. I've got scars people! wow... it's not in the FAQ... (digs some more...) ah. i've found it. it's in the "Early Years Q&A"... anybody ever consider consolidating these things? anyway: Krauss, 1994: "It's a dub off of something I gave Flansburgh for his birthday in 1985. I bought it at a bookstore in my hometown in New Jersey, and it's from a tape from some kind of series on how to manage your time effectively. I saw it on a rack with a bunch of tapes on how to make the most money in your life, how to relax.. It was just a bunch of 'how-to' cassette tapes. I was just flipping through them, and Flansburgh's birthday was coming up; I came across 'How To Manage Your Time Effectively', and I thought, 'Flansburgh will find a way to use this.' And so I gave it to him for his birthday. And we ended up putting it in 'Snowball'." --jim kuemmerle, who hopes eriKa's hands have healed by now... ;) j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668/ ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 13 Feb 1999 07:46:41 -0500 Subject: TMBG: Re: Message-ID: <19990213.074643.2710.3.Phone_Book@juno.com> From: Renquist L Hedgeloff On Fri, 5 Mar 1999 19:51:28 -0500 e f rae writes: > >>>Pennsylvania: Cook With Coal > >This makes no sense to me. I lived in Pennsylvania for nine years, and >I don't believe I ever saw a real piece of coal. Besides, we didn't >cook with anything like that. My family hunkered in the back yard over >a small fire and cooked chucks of raw meat with our bare hands. OUR >BARE HANDS, I TELL YOU! OH, THE HUMANITY! Oh, come, come, my dearest Captain, do you really think that's bad? In Kentucky, there're only ffiteen last names--my uncle is also my father, brother, AND pastor, all in one tidy little package. It's all I can do to get out of an arranged marriage with my cousin Jeanie ... *sniffle* It's cruel and unusual ... but if Ohio's worldly, then Kentucky's hell (it being just underneath, you know). >ever-sincere, >eriKa, >if you lived in Wilkshire Hills, you'd be home by now. peace, love, and good happiness stuff, jay, who doesn't live in wilkshire hills, but plans to develop strip malls there in a few years with the money he and lawrence get from gypping people off blank tapes in bootleg trades ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: LimeZinger@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 21:21:51 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: Bootleg trading, profits, and blanks annnnnd ... right after the "there's too much off topic posts! stop posting off topic posts" thread, here comes the regularly scheduled "2:1 trades: evil or ok?" thread. coming soon to a list near you: "are the john's gay?" sarah ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 22:46:17 -0500 Subject: Re: TMBG: Bootleg trading, profits, and blanks Message-ID: <19990305.225016.3126.2.hotel_detective1@juno.com> From: e f rae >>jay, who doesn't live in wilkshire hills, but plans to develop strip malls there in a few years... believe me, that'd be perfect. you can put them right next to the hotel no one stays in and the car dealership no one goes to. and what did I tell you about calling me Captain around here? the walls have ears, you know. >>coming soon to a list near you: "are the john's gay?" No they're not, because I'm pregnant with Flans' baby! that oughta liven things up. ever-sincere, eriKa, whose hands have not healed and she has to use a helper dog to type these posts. now *that's* hard. "It's been to be cool for too long now and now it's cool not to be cool." - Ben Folds ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-Id: <2.2.32.19990306035152.012f7664@pop-server.austin.rr.com> Date: Fri, 05 Mar 1999 21:51:52 -0600 From: Mitchell Harding Subject: Re: TMBG: Bootleg trading, profits, and blanks >it depends on how you define "trade." In a trade, no person should end >up with more or less than they started with. I have a blank tape. I >have $1.01 in cash. I have a padded envelope. I put them all together >in a large envelope and send them to someone else. He copies a show >onto the tape, puts it in the envelope and drops it in a mailbox. At >the end, I still have one tape, one envelope, and $1.01 in canceled >postage. And he has exactly what he started with. If I send two tapes, >not only do I end up with less than I started with, but he ends up with >more, too. You end up with less? Sure, you lose money, but you gain music. Or don't you do such trades for the music? And who said trades *should* be even? Harf, Mitch http://ccwf.cc.utexas.edu/~mitcharf/index.html "Whatever is begun in anger ends in shame." - Benjamin Franklin ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 21:51:11 -0500 Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Flansburgh versus Christ and modern irony Message-ID: <19990305.231823.-208531.1.gray42@juno.com> From: Claire V Gray >that must be it, because as we all know, Flansburgh is so much more >popular >worldwide than Jesus. I ca just see Flansy saying "I'm more popular then the Beetles" :P Mysterio Gal (who's getting terribly lazy about checking her e-mail) "Trink Ziegeblut in eine Kanne!" --Das Hooded Rat MST3K#88182 ICQ#9585405 gray42@juno.com, send attachments to mr_realgal@yahoo.com http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 The Official Project Omicrom website: www.geocities.com/SoHo/Square/9007 ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 22:05:18 -0500 Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: B-movies Message-ID: <19990305.231823.-208531.3.gray42@juno.com> From: Claire V Gray Personally, my favorite B-movie is The Attack Of The Killer Clowns From Outer Space, now that was cheesy in a good wholesome 80's sort of way ;) Mysterio Gal (I am the God of fudge) "Trink Ziegeblut in eine Kanne!" --Das Hooded Rat MST3K#88182 ICQ#9585405 gray42@juno.com, send attachments to mr_realgal@yahoo.com http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 The Official Project Omicrom website: www.geocities.com/SoHo/Square/9007 ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 21:58:10 -0500 Subject: NON TMBG: Hitchhiker's news flash! Message-ID: <19990305.231823.-208531.2.gray42@juno.com> From: Claire V Gray Hey fellow Adam's fans! Today I came across an odd entry in my Health book. In the chapter about drugs, it revealed that Elvis Presley died at the age of 42! Meaningless coincidence you utter under your hostile breath, whilest wishing small big eyed furry ballon animals to infest my dungeon. Well, in Mostly Harmless, Elvis makes QUITE an appearence. hmmmmm... Mysterio Gal (I am the God of fudge) "Trink Ziegeblut in eine Kanne!" --Das Hooded Rat MST3K#88182 ICQ#9585405 gray42@juno.com, send attachments to mr_realgal@yahoo.com http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 The Official Project Omicrom website: www.geocities.com/SoHo/Square/9007 ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 22:15:57 -0500 Subject: Re: TMBG: B-movies Message-ID: <19990305.231823.-208531.4.gray42@juno.com> From: Claire V Gray On Tue, 2 Mar 1999 00:38:46 -0700 "Refund" writes: >There are different classes of movies. >A-Movies are those which are released by a major producing company, >put into >the theaters, or released on video. >B-Movies are those shitty ones they play on MST3K. They have horrid >acting, >bad cinematography, and even worse writing/directing. >C-Movies, as they've been explained to me, are the epitome of crap. Heh, I think that C-movies should be the category for amatuer home vidios that no one really wants to watch, but is expected to. Like a couple who films their babies doing everything. Or the stuff that gets sent to America's Funniest Home Vidios. I notice the entries have gotten a lot crapier since the old Bob Sagget episodes. Mysterio Gal (I am the God of fudge) "Trink Ziegeblut in eine Kanne!" --Das Hooded Rat MST3K#88182 ICQ#9585405 gray42@juno.com, send attachments to mr_realgal@yahoo.com http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 The Official Project Omicrom website: www.geocities.com/SoHo/Square/9007 >There. >Signed, > Nick Wolf, TMBG Ambassador to the State of New Mexico. >----- Original Message ----- >From: Alex Pedraza >To: >Sent: Monday, March 01, 1999 9:35 PM >Subject: TMBG: B-movies > > >>What the hell is a b-movie? >> >> >> >> >>-me! >> >> >>______________________________________________________ >>Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com >> > > ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 22:33:47 -0500 Subject: Re: Non TMBG: The Best B-Movies of our time. Message-ID: <19990305.231823.-208531.5.gray42@juno.com> From: Claire V Gray On Wed, 3 Mar 1999 00:56:10 -0500 (EST) Lawrence P Solomon writes: >you know, I think somewhere, the idea of what a b-movie was got >totally >corrupted and assumed to be a bad movie or a low budget one... kind >of >like the assumption that b-sides (another term that has lost its >original meaning, since no one listens to records anymore) are >awful... > >correct me if I'm totally off base here, but weren't b-movies >originally >just the second movie of a double feature? granted, in order to gain >this place, they were often not by well known directors or made with >huge amounts of money, and as a result are often bad, but I'm sure >there >are some b-movies out there that are quite good, but never got the >placement necessary to receive recognition for it. > >of course, there are three main categories of movies anyway: > >movies that are good because they are intended to be good, and turn >out well >movies that are good because they are bad, often unintentionally, but >the bad aspects of them are laughable - or they are good because they >don't take themselves seriously >movies that are just plain bad. not many movies fall into this third >category - to be here it must be completely unentertaining. bad and >you >can't even make fun of it. I'm not sure what falls into this >category... maybe Fail Safe, which was *not* a b-movie... How about Disturbing Behavior, almost barfed watching that stinkburger. Sure the idea about glorifying uniqueness has nice squishy feelings. But, the punk druggies were way too perfect, they were too clean, too magazine model like. They weren't covered in vomit with greasy hair, and bloodshot eyes. They were NOT true punks, not that punks always have greasy hair, vomit stains and the like, but to prove my point... Mysterio Gal (I am the God of fudge) "Trink Ziegeblut in eine Kanne!" --Das Hooded Rat MST3K#88182 ICQ#9585405 gray42@juno.com, send attachments to mr_realgal@yahoo.com http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 The Official Project Omicrom website: www.geocities.com/SoHo/Square/9007 > >Lawrence Solomon http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~lps/ >lps@andrew.cmu.edu >"Just because you're floating doesn't mean * This space >inadvertently > you haven't drowned." -They Might Be Giants * left with stuff >in it. > > ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: GhostKrabb@webtv.net (Dexter Flansburgh) Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 20:50:12 -0800 (PST) Subject: NON-TMBG: Health Foods & Nerf Herder Message-ID: <23799-36E0B404-1233@mailtod-242.iap.bryant.webtv.net> This has absolutely nothing to do with Them. So those of you who hate off topic posts (especially really stupid, uninteresting ones like this) turn away now! Anyway, I don't know if any of you have heard of the band Nerf Herder (who are very good and I highly reccomend), but on their album that shares the same name, there's this track called "Nosering Girl" in which the lead singer, Parry is telling about how much he loves this girl that he met at some club. In one of the lines from the song, he mentions how "she's the kind of girl who you would give up eating meat for, no more salami, no more...steak and potatoes. Ya you would walk on down to the healt food store and by humus, and tabooli, and babaganoosh and RICE CAKES, RICE CAKES, RICE CAKES!..." Anyway, could anyone please tell me what those previusly mentioned what I'm assuming to be health foods are? And it doesn't have the lyrics in the liner notes, so I don't know if I'm spelling them right, or if that's even what they really say. Oh yeah, I already know what rice cakes are, & the salami, steak & potatoes part sn't included in part of my question. the very unhealthy, Dexburger ------------------------------ Message-ID: Date: Sat, 6 Mar 1999 00:30:06 -0500 (EST) From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: Re: TMBG: Bootleg trading, profits, and blanks Excerpts from internet.music.tmbg: 5-Mar-99 Re: TMBG: Bootleg trading, .. by Mitchell Harding@mail.ut > You end up with less? Sure, you lose money, but you gain music. Or don't > you do such trades for the music? yes. you started with two tapes. now you have one. > And who said trades *should* be even? the fact that you aren't supposed to profit from these things. first off, there is no such thing as a TMBG bootleg. they are concert tapes. bootleg implies that they are made and distributed secretly, very much underground, and with the disapproval of the band. Since TMBG have pretty much endorsed taping (but they'd like the tapes to turn out well) they aren't bootlegs, as long as we don't sell them. secondly, consider this: all you 2:1 evil capitalist traders out there, try changing the wording on your sites a bit... since it costs more to send two tapes in the mail, why not ask people to send cash so you can buy more tapes? after all, it saves them postage, and you still get your extra tapes... except that with cash you don't have to buy tapes at all! you can buy anything you want. so what's the difference, eh? Lawrence Solomon http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~lps/ lps@andrew.cmu.edu "Just because you're floating doesn't mean * This space inadvertently you haven't drowned." -They Might Be Giants * left with stuff in it. ------------------------------ Message-ID: Date: Sat, 6 Mar 1999 00:31:10 -0500 (EST) From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: Re: TMBG: Bootleg trading, profits, and blanks Excerpts from internet.music.tmbg: 5-Mar-99 Re: TMBG: Bootleg trading, .. by LimeZinger@aol.com > right after the "there's too much off topic posts! stop posting off topic > posts" thread, here comes the regularly scheduled "2:1 trades: evil or ok?" > thread. the thread will not die until the 2:1 evil capitalists admit that they are absolutely wrong and that what they are doing constitutes profit and is illegal. and then it should go away for good because the 2:1 jerks won't be around anymore. Lawrence Solomon http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~lps/ lps@andrew.cmu.edu "Just because you're floating doesn't mean * This space inadvertently you haven't drowned." -They Might Be Giants * left with stuff in it. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <36E07CF6.7980EE03@osu.edu> Date: Sat, 06 Mar 1999 00:55:22 +0000 From: Diana Kocar Subject: Re: TMBG: Bootleg trading, profits, and blanks > "Just because you're floating doesn't mean > you haven't drowned." -They Might Be Giants Whoa. Where's that quote from? No comment on the bootleg discussion. Just the quote. :-) Diana ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.6.32.19990305235133.00890140@pop.mindspring.com > Date: Fri, 05 Mar 1999 23:51:33 -0600 From: El Dee Bee Subject: Re: TMBG: Bootleg trading, profits, and blanks >all you 2:1 evil capitalist traders out there, try changing the wording >on your sites a bit... since it costs more to send two tapes in the >mail, why not ask people to send cash so you can buy more tapes? after >all, it saves them postage, and you still get your extra tapes... except >that with cash you don't have to buy tapes at all! you can buy anything >you want. > Actually. I, myself, have always looked at the 2:1 thingamabob that the second tape would be paying for the postage of the tape going back to you. LDB -- http://www.lucidx.com/is My egotistical webpage, links to all the webpages I don't keep in my sig. -- http://www.mp3.com/idolv Download some of my music. -- http://members.xoom.com/MaxxIda/ The Official Sam Kieth Webpage - The Maxx IDA -- Contemporary Cartoon Militia is (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble and Kris W. M. Struble. | The Li'l Depressed Boy, Phreeck, Spyder Hunt, and all related characters (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 22:14:10 -0800 (PST) From: Nicole Carlson Subject: Semi-TMBG: tape trading + OAT Message-ID: On Fri, 5 Mar 1999 owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org wrote: > << I mean really. I don't think anyone expected this kind of Spanish > Inquisition! >> > NOOOOObody expects the Spanish Inquisition! o/~ The Inquisiiiiition, let's begin! The Inquisiiiiiiition, look out sin! o/~ (Couldn't resist that either.) > I've got a question for you guys: How do you put the "NON" in front of > the TMBG on the subject line? That's put in there after you send the > mail, so how could you do it? Yes and no. The mail software scans the subject header and prepends "TMBG:" unless something similar is present. This prevents subject lines like "TMBG: Re: TMBG: Re: TMBG: " *and* allows lines like "Non-TMBG:" or even "Semi-TMBG:" to sneak through. Ain't technology grand? :) > : i come from the great city of chicago. we have skyscrapers and > losing sports teams and a river and horse-drawn carriages. but no store > here carries 'surge.' we have 'mountain dew' every which way you look. I live in the semi-great city of Sacramento. We have skyscrapers and losing sports teams (used to be a restaurant roundabouts that offered a round of free beer if the Kings won... they knew their beer was safe...) and a river and horse-drawn carraiges (in Old Sacramento), and, y'know, we don't have anything called "Surge" either. You sure you're not making this up? ;) > something to trade*, and i'm getting two blank tapes in return, which btw > are very cheap (a person's not going to spend a lot of money on two blank > tapes), could be used to make other copies of boots / could prove to be What's the price of blank tapes in your neck of the woods? Out here Maxell II's (which are the de facto standard) run me ~$5 for two. Most of my bootlegs are on two tapes. If I trade 2-for-1, the other guy is making the equivalent of $5 per trade--not trivial! I'm firmly in the no-2-for-1 camp, myself; live tape trading is a privilege that can't tolerate much abuse. (This is mostly academic, since I don't often trade (I just don't have a whole lot) (actually, speaking of trading, does anyone have Moxy Fruvous @ Wilbert's 10-15-98? Please e-mail me if so.)) > cyclops rock > now everything's too loud > she thinks she's edith head Hmmm... These three, plus Working Undercover For The Man, 4 of 2, Dark and Metric, Triboro[*ugh] Bridge, What Is Everyone Staring At?, and the 5 songs left over from Factory Showroom (I'm omitting They Got Lost, since it was on STD), do not sound like they'd fit on a children's album. What think you, good folk? It sounds to me like there's most of another studio album here... > Actually...make that 3. It's on my single too. Mine, too. Speaking of which, I ran across two more copies of the Istanbul single at Rasputin's (where do they get them, I'd like to know... I think they have a time warp in their back room or something)... $10 plus postage. E-mail me if interested. --nicole the wonder nerd *** "Imagine me a spark, a spark to light your flame, a flame to light your fire, the fire that keeps you whole..."--Eddie From Ohio Visit Nicolopolis! http://wwwcsif.cs.ucdavis.edu/~carlsonn nmcarlson@ucdavis.edu ana.ng@tmbg.org ncarlson@mail.arc.nasa.gov ------------------------------ From: LimeZinger@aol.com Message-ID: <2299222f.36e0d244@aol.com> Date: Sat, 6 Mar 1999 01:59:16 EST Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Health Foods & Nerf Herder okay, i'm all for off topic threads, *however*.. isn't there a fine line? ... it's like... off topic threads aren't made, they're *born*... does any..b.. arrrrgh, i have a headache sarah ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #16-6 *****************************