Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #16-7 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 16, Number 7 Sunday, 7 March 1999 Today's Topics: TMBG: non-tmbg: a matter of respect NON-TMBG: Health Foods & Nerf Herder TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #16-6 TMBG: Re: non-tmbg: a matter of respect Re: NON-TMBG: Health Foods & Nerf Herder Re: TMBG: non-tmbg: a matter of respect TMBG: tmbg stuff!!! Re: TMBG: Re: non-tmbg: a matter of respect Non-TMBG: Surge, anger and high school Re: TMBG: Bootleg trading, profits, and blanks Re: NON TMBG: Hitchhiker's news flash! Re: TMBG: non-tmbg: a matter of respect NON-TMBG: Us Newbies "fitting in" TMBG: my biology class Re: Non-TMBG: Surge, anger and high school Re: NON-TMBG: Us Newbies "fitting in" Re: TMBG: my biology class Re: TMBG: my biology class Re: TMBG: my biology class TMBG:TMBG in Entertainment Weekly/Video Comp Re: TMBG: Bootleg trading, profits, and blanks TMBG: Catolog stuff Re: TMBG: my biology class Re: TMBG: my biology class Re: TMBG: my biology class TMBG: Info Club Secret Non-TMBG: XTC Re: Non-TMBG: XTC Re: NON-TMBG: Us Newbies "fitting in" TMBG: A new take on S~E~X~X~Y TMBG: When does a newbie... TMBG: Tape trading Re: TMBG: snowball Re: NON TMBG: Hitchhiker's news flash! Re: TMBG: TMBG Leffel Art and Istanbul Single TMBG: Voteing for Flans on Friday Re: TMBG: non-tmbg: a matter of respect Re: NON-TMBG: Us Newbies "fitting in" Re: TMBG: When does a newbie... Re: TMBG: Tape trading Re: TMBG: When does a newbie... Re: NON-TMBG: Us Newbies "fitting in" Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Sat, 06 Mar 1999 02:06:47 -0500 (EST) From: beknowles@vassar.edu (Ben Knowles) Subject: TMBG: non-tmbg: a matter of respect Message-id: <01J8HRLAIBYQ00HJFG@VASSAR.EDU> i've been on this list for around 2 years now. during that time, i've seen jordan, tmbgirl, joga, whatever the hell her name is, fight a one-woman war against everyone on the list she considers a "newbie" and basically anyone that disagrees with her opinion. odd, it seems i am the only one bothered by this. tell me, did i kill any of your relatives lately? honestly, did i deserve an e-mail like that? everything in my post was truth. just because you _say_ you're only really talking to 20 people doesn't mean squat, when hundreds of people are actually going to be reading your post. you need to learn to take responsibility for what you say. and i'm not simply going to sit by while you dis me in front of hundreds of people, simply because you included a "before you go flaming me..." disclaimer line at the end of your message. "i know i'm a hootchie..." - you think saying it before i can is gonna keep me from posting? nice try. i refuse to subscribe to this notion of list seniority, which your life seems to revolve around. just because i don't have the time to sit in front of a computer screen, tapping back replies to every singls post, doesn't mean i'm any less of a list member. and if it does, you'd better make that abundantly clear to the "newbies" so they can realize now what kind of list they subscribed to. no wonder flans thinks the discussion on this group is akin to a bunch of highschool yearbook scribblings. don't worry about running into me at any shows. i don't think i, or the band for that matter, could ever fit in the same room with your ego. anxiously looking forward to your lovely, witty, and mature reply, jordan. :) na na nana na! pbththpthbbt!!! nub ------------------------------ Message-ID: <36E0DB97.1C37@polbox.com> Date: Sat, 06 Mar 1999 02:39:03 -0500 From: disenchanted Subject: NON-TMBG: Health Foods & Nerf Herder tabouli is a salad made from cracked wheat, parsley, tomatoes, onions, etc. hummus is made of chickpeas (garbanzos), lemon, garlic, oil, and spices. baba ganoush is pureed roasted eggplant with all the other requisite flavorings such as garlic. these are all middle eastern foods. they all taste amazing. they make life worthwhile. were would i be without hummus? dead. DEAD. it is my contention that since these words are transliterated from other scripts, there is no "right" way to spell them. although everyone has their favorite system... love and olive oil, becky ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 6 Mar 1999 02:49:58 -0500 (EST) From: Jeremy Treuer Subject: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #16-6 Message-ID: >humus, and tabooli, and >babaganoosh and RICE CAKES, RICE CAKES, RICE CAKES!..." Anyway, could >anyone please tell me what those previusly mentioned what I'm assuming >to be health foods are? And it doesn't have the lyrics in the liner >notes, so I don't know if I'm spelling them right, or if that's even >what they really say. Oh yeah, I already know what rice cakes are, & the >salami, steak & potatoes part sn't included in part of my question. > the very unhealthy, > Dexburger Sure thing Dex, Humus or Hummus, or is mashed up chick peas with some kind of oil Tahini (sesame paste) or olive oil (which is what I think my dad uses), usually sort of a dip for Pita Bread (what they put Gyros in). Tabuleh, or Tabuli is some sort of grain with seasoning, according to an Armenian restaurant it's Cracked Wheat with tomato and parsley. Babaganoush is basically eggplant dip (blech). The first two are middle eastern, and the last is Indian (as in India, the country). I suggest trying hummus, tabuleh is just sort of 'eh', and I tried babaganoush once, and it was terrible, but then, eggplant is terrible, how could anyone love a purple vegetable? Anyway, try hummus three or four times before you write it off, it is good. Peace, Remi ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 06 Mar 1999 01:57:52 -0600 From: Bob Scott Message-ID: <36E0E000.63B1E09F@tmbg.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re: non-tmbg: a matter of respect Ben Knowles wrote: > don't worry about running into me at any shows. i don't think i, or the > band for that matter, could ever fit in the same room with your ego. > I think someone here has an ego problem, but from the look of this message, I think it's safe to say it isn't Jordan... I also find it quite off-topic ;) bobscott@tmbg.org AKA Bob "Potato Judge" Scott http://members.theglobe.com/bobscott/default.html One bastion of silence in the great void that is cyberspace... ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Sat, 6 Mar 1999 03:39:48 -0700 Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Health Foods & Nerf Herder Message-ID: <19990306.035649.17038.3.TMBgirl@juno.com> > I don't know if any of you have heard of the >band >Nerf Herder hello?! how often does the thread "what are you listening to other than TMBG" come up on this list and how many times in the past 3 years have i told EVERYONE to go buy nerf herder's album? huh huh? anyways, it was 3 years ago today that i saw nerf herder for the first time... .odd that you should mention 'em. uhm, anyways, charlie left the band about a year ago to start his own band which dissapeared. Steve and Parry hooked up with two other people and are about to release a new album (in the next year). Parry is going to be guest appearing on the bloodhound gang's next cd which should be out this spring. (NH and BHG... now that was a show). take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Sat, 6 Mar 1999 03:56:44 -0700 Subject: Re: TMBG: non-tmbg: a matter of respect Message-ID: <19990306.035649.17038.4.TMBgirl@juno.com> oh i'm entertained. aw hell, i'm entermused. where to start? first off i'm not fighting a war against newbies... i'm just stating that it is typically newbies that start whining about off-topic posts because they haven't been around long enough to see that just about every two months the same thing happens and nothing ever changes. NOTHING EVER WILL CHANGE whether *you* bitch and moan about it or not. ya know why nothing will change? because there are still those 20 people that want to hear this shit and they're listening. why else? because you've got a freekin delete key that isn't that hard to use.... and on top of that you've got the power my friend. the power to leave. now sure, i'm not saying that newbies are totally uninformed. but newbies are typically the ones that subscribe thinking they're gonna be getting pertinent info about the band. which does happen, occasionaly. and when that does happen it's only because (and i'm saying 99% of the time) one of the regulars passed the info along. I'm most definately not anti-newbie. in fact there have been a lot of really groovy people that seem to fit in just perfectly and adjust to the way things are... try bob scott... eh? ya don't like it? there are plenty of other mediums to get your info... and if you don't have a direct link to the band... you can always try the NG or the musings board. just cuz you're lonely and have nothing better to do on a friday night that to sit around and reply to my sorry message doesn't mean you've got to be a gank about it and flame me directly. (oooh, below the belt. that's gotta hurt, eh?) >anxiously looking forward to your lovely, witty, and mature reply, >jordan. :) didya just happen to miss my mentioning about 50 times in that last message how immature and uncalled for my post was? you act like i don't know it. ps. there's no wit here... > odd, it seems i am the only one >bothered >by this. maybe if ya sat down and thot that one out you'd realize that "oh my freekin god... i just hit the nail on the head!" > just because i don't have the time to sit in >front >of a computer screen, tapping back replies to every singls post, check the digests from the last couple of months bud. i haven't been posting. wanna know why? cuz b-movies and whatever the hell else has been discussed doesn't interest me... so ya wanna know what i do? i hit delete. it's really groovy... try it sometime. >don't worry about running into me at any shows. i don't think i, or >the >band for that matter, could ever fit in the same room with your ego. ya still act like i don't know how much of a hoochie i am... i always compared my ego and self-esteem to a balloon... just waiting for some sharp needle to come along and burst it. but bud, lemme tell ya... all you're doing is making me laugh and that's just inflating my balloon a lil more. take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Sat, 6 Mar 1999 04:08:40 -0700 Subject: TMBG: tmbg stuff!!! Message-ID: <19990306.040843.17038.8.TMBgirl@juno.com> oh my god!!! it's actual tmbg news!!! NO FREEKIN WAY?!! AND LOOK WHO'S PASSING THE INFO ALONG... NO WAY?!! anyways... check out this months rolling stone magazine (the guitar gods one) as there is a bit about TMBG. (a ver little bit) but there's a tiny pic in there as well. happy reading :) take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 6 Mar 1999 09:28:55 -0500 (EST) From: Kevin Keeler Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: non-tmbg: a matter of respect Message-ID: Actually, I find his(?) post very non-egotistical. in a sense, its difficult to tell someone they have an ego problem without having it sound (to some) like you have the same problem. dont take this to mean that the comment "you have an ego problem" should never be stated. if "i don't think i, or the band for that matter, could ever fit in the same room with your ego." doesnt qualify as humble enough, i would be very interested in hearing a moer appropriate version. personally, i've never been particularly offended by jordan.. but mostly i just read the headers so i dont consider myself too "in the groove". and my post is equally off topic..... but guess what? WE ALL KNOW THAT POSTS LAMENTING 'OFF-TOPIC' ARE THEMSELVES OFF-TOPIC. so no one say anything. :p --kevin On Sat, 6 Mar 1999, Bob Scott wrote: > Ben Knowles wrote: > > > don't worry about running into me at any shows. i don't think i, or the > > band for that matter, could ever fit in the same room with your ego. > > > > I think someone here has an ego problem, but from the look of this message, I > think it's safe to say it isn't Jordan... I also find it quite off-topic ;) > > bobscott@tmbg.org > AKA Bob "Potato Judge" Scott > http://members.theglobe.com/bobscott/default.html > One bastion of silence in the great void that is cyberspace... > > > > ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 6 Mar 1999 09:59:09 -0500 Subject: Non-TMBG: Surge, anger and high school Message-ID: <19990306.095913.10038.0.hotel_detective1@juno.com> From: e f rae Owch, anger. I probably shouldn't talk, since I'm fairly new to this list myself (when does a "newbie" cross over to a "regular"? is it a time span, or a post thing?) - but the fact that "I shouldn't talk" has yet to stop me, I toss off common sense. Anyway, heated discussions are fine. Arguments are distressing. I saw something like this happen long, long ago on a ska message board. Everyone started fighting over stupid things, the whole board fell apart and the anger brooding amongst the fans eventually drove me away from the music entirely. I'd hate to see that happen here. Okay, I'm done. >>no wonder flans thinks the discussion on this group is akin to a bunch of highschool yearbook scribblings. you mean someone put a post that says "first to sign your crack"? cause that's what everyone at my school feels the need to write in yearbooks. but then again, everyone at my school is* an idiot. also, i believe just about everyone on here has a better vocabulary than the freshman class combined. but then again, that's just my school. i'm not raggin' (ooh, slang) on yer comment there, it just made me think of that. * footnote: i don't think "is" would be the right verb agreement for "everyone." the correct word may be "are", but it looks wrong to me either way. just trying to have good grammar... I have to ask, what's so hot about Surge anyway? We've got it here and it tastes awful. You're not missing much. ever-sincere, eriKa, *di-a-nuh, di-a-nuh, part german, part hispanic* "It's been cool to be cool for too long and now it's cool not to be cool." - Ben Folds ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-ID: Date: Sat, 6 Mar 1999 10:06:04 -0500 (EST) From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: Re: TMBG: Bootleg trading, profits, and blanks Excerpts from internet.music.tmbg: 6-Mar-99 Re: TMBG: Bootleg trading, .. by Diana Kocar@osu.edu > > "Just because you're floating doesn't mean > > you haven't drowned." -They Might Be Giants > > Whoa. Where's that quote from? Dark and Metric... it was a Dial-a-Song a couple months ago. An... odd... Linnell song. Lawrence Solomon http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~lps/ lps@andrew.cmu.edu "Just because you're floating doesn't mean * This space inadvertently you haven't drowned." -They Might Be Giants * left with stuff in it. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990306151841.5159.rocketmail@send205.yahoomail.com> Date: Sat, 6 Mar 1999 07:18:41 -0800 (PST) From: Talcott Starr Subject: Re: NON TMBG: Hitchhiker's news flash! ---Claire V Gray wrote: > > Hey fellow Adam's fans! Today I came across an odd entry in my Health > book. In the chapter about drugs, it revealed that Elvis Presley died at > the age of 42! Meaningless coincidence you utter under your hostile > breath, whilest wishing small big eyed furry ballon animals to infest my > dungeon. Well, in Mostly Harmless, Elvis makes QUITE an appearence. > > hmmmmm... Wow. I never noticed that before. Once agian we come closer to discovering the question. I'm still in a good mood from learning that there might be a 6th book in the trilogy. For those who don't know DNA was writing the third Dirk Gently book and decided that the material would fit better in the HHGTTG universe. Hey, to move this slightly on topic, does anyone know of any TMBG HHGTTG allusions. I can't think of anything. For those who are interested I did notice one in BNL's "old appartment". "...42 steps from the street", but I just can't find any HHGTTG refrences from TMBG. == |\_________\ | Co-Owner of ThetaSoft| | \|___ ___| | http://members.xoom.com/ThetaSoft | || | |-----------------------------------| || | "If you can't see dreams, your eyes are blind" || | -Moxy Fruvous- "Fly" \|___|ALCOTT STARR _________________________________________________________ DO YOU YAHOO!? Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com ------------------------------ From: GhostKrabb@webtv.net (Dexter Flansburgh) Date: Sat, 6 Mar 1999 07:18:20 -0800 (PST) Subject: Re: TMBG: non-tmbg: a matter of respect Message-ID: <26205-36E1473C-17@mailtod-241.iap.bryant.webtv.net> PREACH ON BROTHA! ------------------------------ From: GhostKrabb@webtv.net (Dexter Flansburgh) Date: Sat, 6 Mar 1999 07:40:04 -0800 (PST) Subject: NON-TMBG: Us Newbies "fitting in" Message-ID: <26187-36E14C54-1579@mailtod-241.iap.bryant.webtv.net> I still consider myself to be a "newbie" and I've been doing just fine "getiing into the groove." I don't see why other newbies complain about not recieving all posts about TMBG. Fans of Them are in my opinion, the most interesting people in the world! I didn't expect to get all stuff about TMBG for that sole reason. Eventually we'd all get sick of talking about the same thing, so we'll occasionally bring up something else. Or sometimes what was said in one post, will spawn another that has nothing to do with TMBG. I highly reccomend getting off the list if you don't enjoy off topic posts, cause there's akot of 'em. But you have to admit, some of them are pretty good, and just something new. Also, I'd like to bring up something else. Somebody in a previous post asked the question "whe does a newbie become a regular?" I too would like to know this. And also, what does it take to be one of the "list celebrities?" You know, like Leffel or Sarah or Jordan. One of those people who are mentioned in practically every post. Once I've been on the list for a few years, will you guys, think of, me like that (gives puppy dog look)? the fame hopeful, Dexburger ------------------------------ Message-ID: <36E12268.D98603A1@osu.edu> Date: Sat, 06 Mar 1999 12:41:13 +0000 From: Diana Kocar Subject: TMBG: my biology class In my biology class here at OSU we were learning about chromosome disorders, and we got to that XXY disorder (called Klinefelter syndrome). Now, I know I've read in the FAQ or someplace that the song S-E-X-X-Y is possibly about a person with this syndrome. But a person with XXY is a man, with an extra X chromosome, so he IS a man, but with rather feminine characteristics. So, I was wondering, how exactly does this fit in with S-E-X-X-Y? Because that song seems to be about a woman (who wants to be a man). So, any interpretations or explanations about this are welcome. Forgive me if this has been discussed a million times before! Hoping that even I could be a "list celebrity" someday, Diana ------------------------------ From: Kaylum@aol.com Message-ID: <13987137.36e16d4a@aol.com> Date: Sat, 6 Mar 1999 13:00:42 EST Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Surge, anger and high school << * footnote: i don't think "is" would be the right verb agreement for "everyone." the correct word may be "are", but it looks wrong to me either way. just trying to have good grammar... >> Nope, "everyone is" is correct. "Everyone" is one of the those troublesome words that seem plural but are actually singular, like "anyone" and "each." And that concludes the Saturday grammar lesson..that's what ya get for having an English teacher on the list Kay, semi-lurker extrordanaire ------------------------------ From: PULPSTRESS@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Sat, 6 Mar 1999 13:18:40 EST Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Us Newbies "fitting in" In a message dated 99-03-06 10:40:59 EST, GhostKrabb@webtv.net writes: << Somebody in a previous post asked the question "whe does a newbie become a regular?" I too would like to know this. >> A newbie becomes a regular when they're not just someone "on" a list, but when they're an active participant. A newbie can become a regular after just a couple of day, far as I'm concerned. That's how we do it on the R.E.M. newsgroup, anyway. jennifer "fits in rather nicely on this list" ------------------------------ From: GhostKrabb@webtv.net (Dexter Flansburgh) Date: Sat, 6 Mar 1999 10:24:49 -0800 (PST) Subject: Re: TMBG: my biology class Message-ID: <26200-36E172F1-224@mailtod-241.iap.bryant.webtv.net> That's like estrogen or something, isn't it? Anyway, I always found it wierd when They sang the line in S~E~X~X~Y that sounds like "you gotta' understand, she wants to be a your man, she's got another plan." I never knew what They were trying to say there. I also never knew that was really what They were saying, since the lyrics aren't in the liner notes (I suppose I could've just looked for 'em on the net, though). But anyway, thanks for the info. me, Dexburger P.S.-You'll always be a celebrity in my mind, Diana. ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 14 Feb 1999 01:00:15 -0500 Subject: Re: TMBG: my biology class Message-ID: <19990214.010017.2694.0.Phone_Book@juno.com> From: Renquist L Hedgeloff On Sat, 06 Mar 1999 12:41:13 +0000 Diana Kocar writes: >In my biology class here at OSU we were learning about chromosome >disorders, and we got to that XXY disorder (called Klinefelter >syndrome). Now, I know I've read in the FAQ or someplace that the >song S-E-X-X-Y is possibly about a person with this syndrome. But >a person with XXY is a man, with an extra X chromosome, so he IS a >man, but with rather feminine characteristics. So, I was wondering, >how exactly does this fit in with S-E-X-X-Y? Because that song >seems to be about a woman (who wants to be a man). >From my own observations of the song S-E-X-X-Y, I believe it is indeed about a man acting as a woman. Truly, however, I'm almost certain that the mention of X-X-Y is not to point out the man's posession of that syndrome, but to show that this man attempts to be more like a woman: the first verse arguably narrates a scene in which a male child dresses in female clothing ... "cookie in one hand, wig on her head--S-E-X-X-Y." The song mentions that no one but the you, her/his lover, notice this, and it culminates in "she wants to be your man!" not because she would like to be a man, but because she wants you and IS a man. Something like that. Make any sense? peace, love, and good happiness stuff, polly ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: GhostKrabb@webtv.net (Dexter Flansburgh) Date: Sat, 6 Mar 1999 10:53:31 -0800 (PST) Subject: Re: TMBG: my biology class Message-ID: <26187-36E179AB-2253@mailtod-241.iap.bryant.webtv.net> It being called SEXXY definetly is implying to the subjest in matter. Sexy is how it's usually spelled. At first, I thought the Johns were just felling horny during the writing of this song, because in it They say "X...because it's extra, baby. Y...because it's extra, baby." Taking out one of the Xs and the Y leaves Sex. But you know, Flansy said one of his inspirations was Prince, who is very...um..."Provacative." the very sexy, Dexburger ------------------------------ From: LOADTMBG@aol.com Message-ID: <3ce9e93a.36e17d8a@aol.com> Date: Sat, 6 Mar 1999 14:10:02 EST Subject: TMBG:TMBG in Entertainment Weekly/Video Comp Hey Everyone! There is a little, little piece talking about TMBG on p.77. (March 12, 1999) " MP3 WINNER OF THE WEEK Goodnoise The online record company (www.goodnoise.com) finally snared a high-profile act by welcoming quirk-rockers They Might Be Giants to its MP3 fold, offering the group's back catalog for download at $9 and album. " Also has anyone heard anything further on the release date of the Video Comp.? Thanx, LOADTMBG :) ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 06 Mar 1999 14:16:10 -0500 (EST) From: Josh Woodward Subject: Re: TMBG: Bootleg trading, profits, and blanks Message-id: On Fri, 5 Mar 1999, Matt James wrote: > > trading for blanks is not evil. trading for a number of blanks greater > > than the number of tapes returned is evil. > > I am assuming that you are saying that 2 tapes should not be traded for > 1 concert being copied (assuming that concert fits on 1 tape). > You would return 1 tape to the receiver of the copied concert. That > extra tape being given to the taper constitutes an evil act? Evil might be a strong word. Immoral, certainly. I know this has been discussed here many times before, but it's not sinking in to people, so I'll reiterate. DON'T DO 2:1 BLANK DEALS. The person making the deal is walking away with a net profit: blank tapes. It's not money, but to a trader it's just as good as money. For example, if a person does 100 2:1 deals over the course of some time (not at all unrealistic, I've done many more than that for B&P deals), they can take those tapes, sell them on EBAY, and make at least $100. It's profiting from the work of others. The excuse that "time is money" and "my equipment is expensive" is unacceptable. This is a *HOBBY*. If you trade tapes, you should know that it's an expensive hobby. Hell, I'm a taper with over $1,000 invested in taping equipment that I lug with me to a gig. Once I get home, I have another $2,000 in equipment that goes into making tapes/CDs. Add to that the cost of batteries ($3 or $4 a show), blank DATs ($3 a show), and the tons of time it takes to master CDs. What do I get out of it? Nothing but the warm fuzzy feeling of bringing happiness. Could I make a profit off of this? You betcha. Why don't I? Because I don't have the right to. It's the band that's up there working to give a good show. I'm just taking what they've done and preserving it for others. I would urge those who make 2:1 offers to reconsider and instead make straight blanks/postage offers. I would urge those who don't have many tapes to seek those who who offer Blanks and Postage deals, and not 2:1 deals. And I would urge those who tape shows to not let any shows get into the hands of those who do 2:1 deals. * ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Josh Woodward, CheEsy Fru. joshw@mail.bgsu.edu Web Site and Tape List: http://www.dc-adnet.com/joshw/ ------------------------------ From: GhostKrabb@webtv.net (Dexter Flansburgh) Date: Sat, 6 Mar 1999 11:20:02 -0800 (PST) Subject: TMBG: Catolog stuff Message-ID: <26188-36E17FE2-2088@mailtod-241.iap.bryant.webtv.net> I have a question fot those of you who ordered Direct From Brooklyn as well as some other stuff: Is TMBProductions just gonna' wait for DFB to be released, before they ship anything else out? Cause if not, I sould have recieved my other items by now Is there anybody who has recieved any items yet? They're probably just gonna' wait for DFB so that they can just ship everything at once. But I want it now (whine)! me, Dexburger ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 6 Mar 1999 14:27:28 -0500 Subject: Re: TMBG: my biology class Message-ID: <19990306.142733.3558.0.hotel_detective1@juno.com> From: e f rae I just learned about that a few weeks ago in my own Biology class. I thought Kleinfelter's was the disease where women would get webbed necks and odd things like that. Also, I thought that XXY was a trait that showed up in a lot of convicts or something, perhaps causing violent tendencies... or was that XYY? Or XXX? I could be wrong, I didn't pay a whole lot of attention during that chapter anyway. I'm sure Ms. Diana has a better idea than I, a lowly sophomore. Anyway, questing through my archives of crap, I found this in an interview with Linnell: Q: "Does S-E-X-X-Y have anything to do with chromosomes?" JL: "Flansburgh has kept pretty quiet about this issue...it's not clear if the "XXY" reference was intentional...personally, I think it makes the song more interesting." Interpret that as you wish. This all reminds me... I have biology homework to do. ever-sincere, eriKa, initials inscribed "It's been cool to be cool for too long now and now it's cool not to be cool." - Ben Folds ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-ID: <36E15BAA.C3EF31B7@osu.edu> Date: Sat, 06 Mar 1999 16:45:31 +0000 From: Diana Kocar Subject: Re: TMBG: my biology class Dexter Flansburgh wrote: > That's like estrogen or something, isn't it? Anyway, I always found it > wierd when They sang the line in S~E~X~X~Y that sounds like "you gotta' > understand, she wants to be a your man, she's got another plan." I never > knew what They were trying to say there. I also never knew that was > really what They were saying, since the lyrics aren't in the liner notes > (I suppose I could've just looked for 'em on the net, though). But > anyway, thanks for the info. > me, > Dexburger > P.S.-You'll always be a celebrity in my mind, Diana. Aww....how sweet. :-) Guess I just never took the time to read the lyrics of the song anywhere. See, I always thought the line was, "She wants to be A man, she's got another plan." That's where my confusion started, I think. Diana ------------------------------ Message-ID: <36E15E6F.513A2E7C@osu.edu> Date: Sat, 06 Mar 1999 16:57:22 +0000 From: Diana Kocar Subject: Re: TMBG: my biology class e f rae wrote: > I just learned about that a few weeks ago in my own Biology class. I > thought Kleinfelter's was the disease where women would get webbed necks > and odd things like that. Also, I thought that XXY was a trait that > showed up in a lot of convicts or something, perhaps causing violent > tendencies... or was that XYY? Or XXX? I could be wrong, I didn't pay a > whole lot of attention during that chapter anyway. I'm sure Ms. Diana has > a better idea than I, a lowly sophomore. Hmm...well, I'm no biology major, just a mere music major pretending to be all scientific and stuff, but let's see....I know people with XYY are especially tall, males, and they tend to have bad acne. I never heard anything about them finding that a lot in convicts, but that is an interesting point. Maybe it does make them more aggressive, who knows. XXX is called Triplo-X, and it results in a completely normal female, who just happens to have an extra X hanging around. The last chromosome disorder that exists is just X, and that results in a sterile, juvinile-looking female. And just for the record: normal males are XY and normal females are XX. And I'm sure that's all and more you wanted to know about X and Y chromosomes... Diana ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 6 Mar 1999 17:15:45 -0500 (EST) From: "mike@journalx.com" Subject: TMBG: Info Club Secret Message-ID: I thought it might be a good time to let all of you know about a particular policy of the TMBG Info Club. First, I'll provide the proper context by saying that though I originally joined the info club back in 1992, and received mailings and catalogs for a while, it wasn't long before I stopped receiving anything at all, and about a year or so after that I found out that I had been taken off the list because I live in Canada. Needless to say, I was mildly irked. However, as it now happens I have been added to the list again, and have received the last few mailings. I don't have my membership number anymore, I just get the mailings, and I don't know who sends them to me, but I'm happy. Anyway, when I received the last catalog, the one containing the Lincoln posters, I promptly placed a credit card order over the phone for two of the posters: one for me, and one for a friend of mine which I was going to give him for Christmas. I placed my order WELL in advance of the cut-off date to receive the order prior to December 25. Weeks passed, and I received nothing, and I heard nothing. I called and left a message asking what the status of my order was, but I received no reply. When December 24 rolled around, I called again, this time just to thank them for not sending my order and not phoning or emailing me to explain why even though I'd already phoned to let them know that I had not received my order. The new year arrived and I still hadn't gotten any word from the Indo Club. I decided that they just didn't want to deal with me, and I should forget the whole thing. At least they never charged the amount to my credit card, which was now invalid as it expired on the last day of December. About a week and a half ago I received a letter in the mail from the Info Club. Noting that they got my postal code wrong, I opened the envelope and found a letter dated February 11, 1999 which reads: "Dear Michael, We received your order for the Lincoln posters. Unfortunately, these are sold out. Due to the high volume of domestic December orders wr are just getting to the foreign orders now. I apologize for the inconvenience. Love Operator Dot" I was stunned to read this letter. First, I placed my order in November, not December, so there is no reason for my order to have been placed behind December orders. Secondly, this letter indicates that the Info Club places all American orders first, before orders from any other country, regardless of which orders were placed first. Basically this means that American orders for the posters which were placed AFTER my order were filled first. I don't really think this is fair. Orders, especially on rare items, should be filled first come first serve. Instead, I had to get in line behind people who ordered after I did, and they got their stuff and I didn't. Not to mention the fact that last time I checked, Canada was attached to the United States, and Brooklyn, NY isn't that far from Toronto, Ontario. However as far as I am concerned, an order from Zimbabwe should always be placed before an American order if it is ordered first. So, to the TMBG Info Club, I give a big Fuck You, and flip that guy the bird. You take the prize for first people to make my Asshole List of 1999. I hope I'm not the only one who thinks this is unacceptable. MIKe www.journalx.com Last CD purchased: XTC - Apple Venus Volume 1 ------------------------------ Message-Id: <2.2.32.19990306221755.01548fd0@pop-server.austin.rr.com> Date: Sat, 06 Mar 1999 16:17:55 -0600 From: Mitchell Harding Subject: Non-TMBG: XTC > Last CD purchased: XTC - Apple Venus Volume 1 And a mighty fine CD that is, I feel obligated to add. Harf, Mitch http://ccwf.cc.utexas.edu/~mitcharf/index.html "Whatever is begun in anger ends in shame." - Benjamin Franklin ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 6 Mar 1999 18:06:04 -0500 (EST) From: Kevin Keeler Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: XTC Message-ID: yesyes.. go out and buy it. and....as my own little fool-proof insurance policy..if (by some freak act of nature) you don;t like the cd.. .send it to me for no charge!!!! can you even beat that deal? --kevin oh my tmbg-content rating is dropping like a stone. On Sat, 6 Mar 1999, Mitchell Harding wrote: > > Last CD purchased: XTC - Apple Venus Volume 1 > > And a mighty fine CD that is, I feel obligated to add. > > Harf, > Mitch > http://ccwf.cc.utexas.edu/~mitcharf/index.html > > "Whatever is begun in anger ends in shame." > - Benjamin Franklin > ------------------------------ From: Batbrain99@aol.com Message-ID: <5a18c85b.36e1bb11@aol.com> Date: Sat, 6 Mar 1999 18:32:33 EST Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Us Newbies "fitting in" << "when does a newbie become a regular?" I too would like to know this. >> >> When you manage to start a whole lot of threads that have nothing at all do with TMBG. Hey, you're at a good start already! ~Batbrain, who doesnt know if hes a regular ------------------------------ From: Batbrain99@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Sat, 6 Mar 1999 18:42:30 EST Subject: TMBG: A new take on S~E~X~X~Y If you ask me, the xxy has nothing to do with the song. The beat didnt work without another letter stuck in there :) Also, I have a different interpretation of the song. I believe it's about a woman who wants to a pimp. "Around the clock" bieng a pimp is a 24 hour job! "Unnoticed by few..very very few..." who wouldnt notice a pimp? "Secret agent spy, come to see why" The pimps identity is a secret she doesnt anyone to know shes a gil "Cookie in one hand, wig on her head" A cookie could be a prostitute. I'm sure every guy has called his girl their little cookie before. And the wig...you didnt think those afros were real, did you? "Babies first gold tooth, initals inscribed" All pimps have gold teeth. Its a well known fact. "She wants to be your man" She wants to be your pimp! ------------------------------ Message-ID: <002901be682f$7b3b7b80$9b431ecf@default> From: "Green Jello" Subject: TMBG: When does a newbie... Date: Sat, 6 Mar 1999 19:14:33 -0500 become a regular? NEVER... we will always rule over you with an iron fist. Only the "cream of the crop" ever get to graduate to regular status... beyond the regular level, an even smaller number reach the level of respected emissaries of goodwill and those of us who have been here for millions of years have become minor deities. Bow to us now, lowly serfs, or your crops will not grow and your children will have six fingers on each hand. Brother John Green Jello, who loves newbies... FOR LUNCH! ------------------------------ From: NitpickR@aol.com Message-ID: <88680463.36e1cd94@aol.com> Date: Sat, 6 Mar 1999 19:51:32 EST Subject: TMBG: Tape trading Hello 41- Usually I don't take part in these discussions, but I am going to now. <> First of all, I'm not evil. Second of all, this sounds like a statement said by some right-wing fundementalist, advocating their point of view. Calling those that they don't like evil, yelling their heads off, and acting like complete idiots. I take pride in being a capitalist. If you don't want to be a part of capitalism in America, move. Third of all, I'm not wrong for doing 2:1 trades. I have been doing them for years, and will continue to do them for years to come. Why? Because I have a lot of tapes, and people want them. But what do I gain for taping for someone? A tape. It's a good deal. They're getting a show they want. And if you want to talk about "karma," it's a load of crap. 2:1s still benefit the band by spreading their music. Paying money instead of tapes in a 2:1 deal is another situation. If I were to recieve cash instead of a tape, I would have no problem with it. However, some people have gotten in trouble for stuff like that. So, it's best not to advertise that. Nothing anyone says or does will make me stop trading 2:1s. Adam ------------------------------ Message-Id: <06MAR99.22608889.0050.MUSIC@MARISTB.MARIST.EDU> Date: Sat, 06 Mar 1999 20:56:02 EST From: Misty Subject: Re: TMBG: snowball >> what's that whole little clip in "Snowball in Hell" from? Please no one >> direct to the sonofabitchin FAQ, cause I have no internet access from my >> computer to hence check it out and besides, the FAQ hates me. It beats me >> up and takes my lunch money. Seriously. I've got scars people! > It's funny you should mention that, because I wrote a short story when I was a junior in high school and incorporated that dialogue into the story.Pressed for a title to the story, I named it "Snowball in Hell." The teacher didn't seem to mind. You can read it in the Stories and Essays page of my web site, and you can also read it via the Lincoln section of my TMBG page on my web site.My web site address is: http://lavender.fortunecity.com/fullmonty/22/mywebpage.htm Tell me what you all think of the story! Misty ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 6 Mar 1999 19:22:47 -0500 Subject: Re: NON TMBG: Hitchhiker's news flash! Message-ID: <19990306.220243.-227435.0.gray42@juno.com> From: Claire V Gray Well what about the Dial-A-Song smash hit, 4 of 2 Mysterio Gal (I am the God of fudge) "Trink Ziegeblut in eine Kanne!" --Das Hooded Rat MST3K#88182 ICQ#9585405 gray42@juno.com, send attachments to mr_realgal@yahoo.com http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 The Official Project Omicrom website: www.geocities.com/SoHo/Square/9007 ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990307034324.4125.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Alex Pedraza" Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG Leffel Art and Istanbul Single Date: Sat, 06 Mar 1999 19:43:23 PST > Sorry to bug you all about the miniscule contribution of Leffel, but >I have rescanned the image and made it 2 colors and made tacos and such. >And I have decided to post it someplace other than theglobe.com, since >even I have trouble accessing the site. So you can find the image (over >400kb, so be ready to wait) at: >http://www.angelfire.com/ne/bobscott/images/leffel1.jpg > The image is larger than it was (than life?), and the resolution is >better as well. I'm sure you'll all figure out the specifics, of which >there are actually none. > And now to my incessant question: What single is Ant on? I just got >Istanbul today, and was amazed to find that it wasn't on it. Let me know >if you know! > >bobscott@tmbg.org >AKA Bob "Pair of eyes in back of your head" Scott > > Hey bob where'd you find the Istanbul single I can't find it anywhere and it would be pretty cool to have cause it's a kick ass song -me! ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990307042341.4334.rocketmail@send204.yahoomail.com> Date: Sat, 6 Mar 1999 20:23:41 -0800 (PST) From: KRS Tyler Subject: TMBG: Voteing for Flans on Friday Flansburgh has slipped back to #5 we mast get him back up there before its too late. So here is my idea. On Friday March 19. Me and possible my friend will be voting for flansburgh for 12 hours straight (probably form 10 in the morning to 10 ant night) when not voting directly (while eating and stuff we will use the flans super cheat. You should all also do you part you don't have to vote for 12 hours but it would be nice if you did the cheat for an hour or two or even just voted a couple times because if we are all voting in the course of a day there will be a big increase in votes. If you have any comments or if you want to help out (which you should) just e-mail me or the list. -Chris _________________________________________________________ DO YOU YAHOO!? Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com ------------------------------ From: linnel@snet.net Message-Id: <199903070440.XAA01349@pop.snet.net> Date: Sat, 6 Mar 1999 23:39:31 -0500 Subject: Re: TMBG: non-tmbg: a matter of respect ahhhh... the wonderful world of arguments... > oh i'm entertained. aw hell, i'm entermused. where to start? let's all start at the very beginning...a very nice place to start. heheh. > first off i'm not fighting a war against newbies... i'm just stating that > it is typically newbies that start whining about off-topic posts because > they haven't been around long enough to see that just about every two > months the same thing happens and nothing ever changes. NOTHING EVER > WILL CHANGE whether *you* bitch and moan about it or not. ya know why > nothing will change? because there are still those 20 people that want to > hear this shit and they're listening. why else? because you've got a > freekin delete key that isn't that hard to use.... and on top of that > you've got the power my friend. the power to leave. yes yes yes. we ALL have the power my friend... we all certainly do. and i think that jordan here is right. (yay! hear that pshhhhhhh sound? that's her balloon head inflating just a little more) i mean, hey- i post all too often and am most likely never going to stop. that's right. NEVER. ha. and i'm especially never going to stop posting off topic. heck, i've already started to get off topic about the off topic posts... > I'm most definately not anti-newbie. in fact there have been a lot of > really groovy people that seem to fit in just perfectly and adjust to the > way things are... try bob scott... eh? if you think about it, all 20 of us that post were newbies once. and i don't know about any others, but i surely do remember the very first lashing that jordan gave me. whew. it lasted off the list for a few days, our argument. but in the end, we both bashed our head agains the wall and died. the rest is history. we get over things. go with the flow. > ya don't like it? there are plenty of other mediums to get your info... > and if you don't have a direct link to the band... you can always try > the NG or the musings board. although you must admit that they are not NEARLY as fun as US. admit it. you love us. it's not healthy to keep these things bottled up inside. succumb to the peer pressure. > just cuz you're lonely and have nothing better to do on a friday night > that to sit around and reply to my sorry message doesn't mean you've got > to be a gank about it and flame me directly. (oooh, below the belt. > that's gotta hurt, eh?) hey... i'm lonely and here it is a Saturday night and i really have nothing better to do than this. i can sympathize. > didya just happen to miss my mentioning about 50 times in that last > message how immature and uncalled for my post was? you act like i don't > know it. oh.... we ALL know it by now : ) > > odd, it seems i am the only one > >bothered > >by this. > > maybe if ya sat down and thot that one out you'd realize that "oh my > freekin god... i just hit the nail on the head!" i think you just grow used to everyones consistant babbling. in fact, you may even eventually participate! HAHA! join the awful ranks of the frying pans! let all the ashtrays of the world unite! > > just because i don't have the time to sit in > >front > >of a computer screen, tapping back replies to every singls post, hey- neither do i. usually. i'm one busy chick. but i still always take the time to be an idiot once in a while. i feel it's an important part of life. > check the digests from the last couple of months bud. i haven't been > posting. wanna know why? cuz b-movies and whatever the hell else has > been discussed doesn't interest me... so ya wanna know what i do? i hit > delete. it's really groovy... try it sometime. amen. this b-movie thing was putting me to sleep... but you didn't see ME whining... until now, when i was forced to share my dislike to prove a point. but i wouldn't have otherwise, really. to each their own. > >don't worry about running into me at any shows. i don't think i, or > >the > >band for that matter, could ever fit in the same room with your ego. heheh. that was a good one. > ya still act like i don't know how much of a hoochie i am... i always > compared my ego and self-esteem to a balloon... just waiting for some > sharp needle to come along and burst it. but bud, lemme tell ya... all > you're doing is making me laugh and that's just inflating my balloon a > lil more. opssssssssshhhhhhhh... look! it's grown to be the size of Texas! oh my gosh! she's floating away! somebody, get jordan untangled from that tree! you incompetant fools! oh no! her shoe has fallen and hit an old lady on the head and killed her. uh oh. if jordans head ever deflates, she'll be facing manslaughter charges... great... sheesh. now we'll have to pay for a lawyer. jen- the #1 boner (heheh) When you buy a bottle of shampoo, I think a neat idea would be to put some on your head and lather it up. Then you could run through the store screaming "I have a foam head!" and dart right out the door. I bet they wouldn't even ask you for the shampoo back. And hey- everyone loves free shampoo. ------------------------------ From: linnel@snet.net Message-Id: <199903070455.XAA16782@pop.snet.net> Date: Sat, 6 Mar 1999 23:54:37 -0500 Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Us Newbies "fitting in" > << "when does a newbie become a regular?" I too would like to know this. >> > >> > > When you manage to start a whole lot of threads that have nothing at all do > with TMBG. Hey, you're at a good start already! heheh. funny funny. in my opinion, i consider people to be regulars once i can recognize their names and, believe it or not, can possibly make out their personality. or whatever personality they show to the list. like, we all know jordan and her "hoochiness", as she puts it... and leffel and his... well... you know. and that guy who's not really on the list who's just annoying and serves no purpose but still periodically posts things and constantly tries to sell the other listees his sluts has his stupidity... or, if the person constantly has accurate and useful tmbg knowledge, you get to know them pretty quickly and you get to trust the information that they give you. so that's how i get to know people as regulars. but that's just me. i don't even know if i'm considered a regular. i haven't even been here THAT long. jen Tonight, when we were eating dinner, Jon said something that really knocked me for a loop. He said, "I love carrots." "Good," I said as I gritted my teeth real hard. "Then maybe you and carrots would like to go into the bedroom and have sex!" They didn't, but maybe they will sometime, and I can watch ------------------------------ From: linnel@snet.net Message-Id: <199903070500.AAA21014@pop.snet.net> Date: Sat, 6 Mar 1999 23:59:01 -0500 Subject: Re: TMBG: When does a newbie... > become a regular? > > NEVER... we will always rule over you with an iron fist. Only the "cream of > the crop" ever get to graduate to regular status... beyond the regular > level, an even smaller number reach the level of respected emissaries of > goodwill and those of us who have been here for millions of years have > become minor deities. > > Bow to us now, lowly serfs, or your crops will not grow and your children > will have six fingers on each hand. silly silly... you're not supposed to TELL the newbies this... they're supposed to be caught by total surprise. they taste much better when you eat them with a look of terror and surprise on their faces... jen- the one who will eat you in no time flat if you taste at all like orange flavored cough medicine. ------------------------------ Message-ID: Date: Sun, 7 Mar 1999 00:19:25 -0500 (EST) From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: Re: TMBG: Tape trading Excerpts from internet.music.tmbg: 6-Mar-99 TMBG: Tape trading by NitpickR@aol.com > Paying money instead of tapes in a 2:1 deal is another situation. If I > were to recieve cash instead of a tape, I would have no problem with it. > However, some people have gotten in trouble for stuff like that. So, it's > best not to advertise that. > > Nothing anyone says or does will make me stop trading 2:1s. I will never, *EVER* trade with you. Even if you're the only person in the world with a tape I want. I'm sure that Chad and Josh will also NEVER trade with you. There are probably many others. Capitalism may have a place (I haven't yet seen an example of one) but tape trading is certainly *NOT* it. So fuck off and stop trying to take advantage of people. Lawrence Solomon http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~lps/ lps@andrew.cmu.edu "Just because you're floating doesn't mean * This space inadvertently you haven't drowned." -They Might Be Giants * left with stuff in it. ------------------------------ From: LimeZinger@aol.com Message-ID: <59cfeaee.36e20d74@aol.com> Date: Sun, 7 Mar 1999 00:24:04 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: When does a newbie... >> become a regular? it's not necessarily a member of how long you've been on the list (although it certainly helps in most cases ) ...and it's certainly not matter of posting frequency... if anything, you post too much, people will hate you. i dunno, you can't make it happen, it just happens. ? :} it helps if people think you're witty, too. that probably doesn't hurt. it just happens, dammit! okay. that was too serious, and probably makes no sense... enter something witty here. sarah http://members.aol.com/limezinger last cd purchase: xtc - apple venus 1 last movie watched: primary colors ------------------------------ Message-ID: <004e01be685d$3141ddc0$17a308d0@orion> From: "Kelly Mendenhall" Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Us Newbies "fitting in" Date: Sat, 6 Mar 1999 21:41:46 -0800 ----- Original Message ----- From: Dexter Flansburgh To: Sent: Saturday, March 06, 1999 7:40 AM Subject: NON-TMBG: Us Newbies "fitting in" >I still consider myself to be a "newbie" and I've been doing just fine >"getiing into the groove." I don't see why other newbies complain about >not recieving all posts about TMBG. Fans of Them are in my opinion, the >most interesting people in the world! I didn't expect to get all stuff >about TMBG for that sole reason. Eventually we'd all get sick of talking >about the same thing, so we'll occasionally bring up something else. Or >sometimes what was said in one post, will spawn another that has nothing >to do with TMBG. I highly reccomend getting off the list if you don't >enjoy off topic posts, cause there's akot of 'em. But you have to admit, >some of them are pretty good, and just something new. Also, I'd like to >bring up something else. Yeah, I wholeheartedly agree with ol Dexburger here...I mean sure....we could sit around and talk about Flood or Factory Showroom or any of the other albums...but for the most part it seems most of the old TMBG stuff has been pretty well gone over and really, there aren't many new things to bring up about them...I mean we all know about the secret track on Factory Showroom. There is just a limited amount of stuff that can be said that directly relates to TMBG...basically concert reports, new music, interviews and other articles. So when that supply is exhausted it seems people try and come up with some new interesting things to talk about to kinda keep the mailing list going...I mean otherwise we'd just get 2 or 3 e-mails a day about upcoming concerts...or just about people who have gone to a concert recently. Anyhow, I guess the point I might be meandering towards is that the off topic stuff adds depth to the list...keeps things from getting too mundane.... Later Folks! King Kelly Maker of Marmolade ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #16-7 *****************************