Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #17-20 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 17, Number 20 Thursday, 20 May 1999 Today's Topics: RE: TMBG: Time For A Zoology Lesson.... TMBG: june 20th. free show. yeah baby. TMBG: Re: june 20th. free show. yeah baby. TMBG: june 20 question Re: TMBG: june 20 question TMBG: TMBG in Asbury Park, NJ 6/19/99 TMBG: 7/20? Re: TMBG: Phantom Menace... Help! Re: TMBG: 7/20? Re: TMBG: 7/20? TMBG: More Info on The FastLane in Asbury Park, NJ Re: TMBG: "i buried flans" Re: TMBG: They Might Be Mono Puff Re: TMBG: Time For A Zoology Lesson.... NOn-TMBG: Phantom Menace... Help! TMBG: Re: Worst post you'll ever read Re: TMBG: More on the Bowery Ballroom Re: TMBG: Re: Worst post you'll ever read TMBG: Re: "i buried flans" Re: TMBG: Time For A Zoology Lesson.... TMBG: JUNE or JULY!!!! TMBG: My Weird- @$$ TMBG Dream Re: TMBG: JUNE or JULY!!!! Re: TMBG: Re: Worst post you'll ever read (Aisle 5) Re: TMBG: Time For A Zoology Lesson.... Re: TMBG: JUNE or JULY!!!! Re: TMBG: june 20 question TMBG: TMBG Star Wars connection? Re: TMBG: june 20th. free show. yeah baby. Re: TMBG: june 20 question Re: TMBG: june 20th. free show. yeah baby. Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 02:13:34 EST From: "don't be a drag...participate...clams on the half-shell and Message-ID: <009D8525.A9260BA0.18@kenyon.edu> Subject: RE: TMBG: Time For A Zoology Lesson.... -- warning: classics major expounds needlessly on biology, just because -- she loves to talk about words. -- -- in greek, "allos" means "other, another" and "theros" means "beast," -- with connotations of wild animals, since there is a related adjective -- which means "savage." so allotheria are the other wild beasts. -- -- metatheria are alongside wild beasts, and eutheria are good wild -- beasts. a little placental chauvinism there, i think. prototheria -- are the first wild beasts, probably named because of their early -- isolation, evolution-wise. -- -- meow. i promise not to bore you any longer. ask jim kuemmerle--i can -- talk for hours about this stuff. ;) -- -- love, -- becky ray Well, I found the following on a zoology website. Notice that monotreme, marsupial, Allotheria, and placental is all mentioned here :-) CLASS Mammalia SUBCLASS Prototheria (monotremes; very unique and long isolated from other branches; lay eggs) SUBCLASS Allotheria ( extinct ; multituberculates; among the earliest mammals known; fossils span a longer time than any other group) SUBCLASS Theria INFRACLASS Trituberculata ( extinct ; common ancestor to marsupials and placentals) INFRACLASS Metatheria (marsupials) INFRACLASS Eutheria (placentals) ... There will be no homework on this tonight, but anyone who presents me with a voluntary report on today's lesson will receive 10 points extra credit on their final grade for this marking period. -- i get points, i get points! ------------------------------ From: LimeZinger@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 06:07:22 EDT Subject: TMBG: june 20th. free show. yeah baby. so who all else is going? :) i am i am woooo! wow! my mom and sister are too... but if they didn't, the only other way i'd get to go is if tmbg postponed it another month for when i take my own big trip down there. heh. errr... anyway... s'gonna be fun! :D if *i* can go, you can too. if *i* can survive an 8 hour car ride, you all can manage a way. woooo hoo! sarah ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 03:28:58 -0400 From: The Great Quux Message-ID: <3742683A.C6BE8A4D@stardatecomputer.com> Organization: Stardate Computer Systems Subject: TMBG: Re: june 20th. free show. yeah baby. LimeZinger@aol.com wrote: > > so who all else is going? :) i am i am woooo! wow! my mom and sister are Being as I live in Staten Island, nee Brooklyn (sigh, brooklyn, where I will one day move back to), I'm a lucky bastard! I think I'll be driving to a friend's house in Brooklyn and takin' the subway in because parking really is tough in NYC. My college (rutgers) fines you $10 if you park your car in an "unauthorized" parking lot, but that's cheap compared to parking garages in manhatten! Now if I could just invent a transporter ... > woooo hoo! Right on! -- Mike Russo, www.walrus.com/~stardate, Brooklyn, NY -- "Oh look, there goes that talking fish again. 'Hi there!' ... Uh, I guess he didn't here me." -- "Diver Dan" ------------------------------ From: Matt James Message-Id: <199905191242.IAA18206@fellspt.charm.net> Subject: TMBG: june 20 question Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 08:42:35 -0400 (EDT) I noticed that June 20 is a Sunday. Is this show during the day or at night? And is it in central park or am I making that up? -Matt p.s. isn't it odd that it is an 8 hour drive from Rochester,NY to New York, NY but it's only a 3 hr. 20 min. bus ride from Baltimore, MD to New York, NY, a good 3 states away? ------------------------------ From: LimeZinger@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 08:58:53 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: june 20 question In a message dated 5/19/99 7:44:29 AM, elrond@charm.net writes: >I noticed that June 20 is a Sunday. Is this show during the >day or at night? And is it in central park or am I making that up? although it's wrong to assume, i'm assuming it's a daytime thing... or at least early night. didn't someone say it was "for kids!" ? i do also recall "bring your dad!" ... funny, my dad's the only one not going. heh. >-Matt >p.s. isn't it odd that it is an 8 hour drive from Rochester,NY >to New York, NY but it's only a 3 hr. 20 min. bus ride from >Baltimore, MD to New York, NY, a good 3 states away? > and it's only a 3 hour drive here from rochester to toronto. ;) i might as well be canadian! ;) (though that's only because you have to drive around the lake -- once they get that ferry workin'...) sarah ------------------------------ Message-ID: <445F423C4F7BD211893900A0C9E456412D4534@MAIL> From: Robert Plass Subject: TMBG: TMBG in Asbury Park, NJ 6/19/99 Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 09:03:03 -0400 Hello exquisite living people, Thanks to TDK, we have confirmed the location for the rumored Saturday night 6/19/99 concert in New Jersey: It's a place called Asbury Fastlane (I wasn't aware that Asbury Park had a fast lane - the latest "news" from Asbury Park was that Bruce Springsteen rehearsed there a few weeks ago - ooooh!). Asbury Fastlane is on 207 Fourth Ave. Asbury Park, NJ, 07712 It's on the corner of Kingsley, one block from the boardwalk. Call 732-775-5540 for info and directions. The "city" of Asbury Park is on the Jersey Shore, not too far from the Garden State Parkway. I've never been to the Asbury Fastlane. I think it's relatively new. When I know more - ticket prices, parking, age restrictions, I'll let you know. Until then, keep your concert calendar marked in ink! I do believe it's an 18+ venue. Anyone considering going to BOTH the Asbury Park show AND the Central Park Summerstage show and need a place to stay Saturday night, I might be able to help out, depending on how much room I have in the Plassmobile and in my apartment. Love, Rob Plass --- ----- PS Sorry for all the choppy posts - my mail program is having serious word-wrap problems. I have to type in narrow columns to avoid it. ------------------------------ From: Matt James Message-Id: <199905191420.KAA01575@fellspt.charm.net> Subject: TMBG: 7/20? Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 10:20:40 -0400 (EDT) According to theymightbegiants.com it says Summerstage is July 20, not June 20. Is this a typo or have previous list discussions been incorrect? Thanks, Matt ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3742CB08.E24476B1@rosevc.rose-hulman.edu> Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 09:30:32 -0500 From: Chad Maloney Subject: Re: TMBG: Phantom Menace... Help! WARNING!!! Trailer spoilers. If you want to see for yourself what trailers come before Episode I, don't read. *grin* EmarZero@aol.com wrote: > > Okay... I'm SURE there are SOME of you out there who are going to see Phantom > Menace tonight... those of you that do, could you PLEASE do me a favor? > Rumor has it that the trailer for the next Kevin Smith film, "Dogma," is > running before TPM. All I want is SOMEONE to verify this. Nope. Not here. We had 3 trailers though one was 3 trailers spliced together obviously to satisfy the 3 trailers only rule. Austin Powers II and Titan AE were the two that I remember right now. Oh and that DiCaprio film The Beach. - Chad ------------------------------ From: LimeZinger@aol.com Message-ID: <25a76598.247427c4@aol.com> Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 10:42:12 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: 7/20? In a message dated 5/19/99 9:21:23 AM, elrond@charm.net writes: >According to theymightbegiants.com it says Summerstage is July 20, >not June 20. Is this a typo or have previous list discussions >been incorrect? >Thanks, it has to be june 20, because it's a fathers day show (hence "bring your dad!"). sarah ------------------------------ From: MuseKJ@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 10:59:17 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: 7/20? In a message dated 5/19/99 10:55:15 AM Eastern Daylight Time, LimeZinger@aol.com writes: << >According to theymightbegiants.com it says Summerstage is July 20, >not June 20. Is this a typo or have previous list discussions >been incorrect? >> At SummerStage.com, it still says it's on June 20th...must be a typo. Karen "I'm bringing my husband, and he's a dad" Riley MuseKJ@aol.com ------------------------------ From: MuseKJ@aol.com Message-ID: <723dad20.24743427@aol.com> Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 11:35:03 EDT Subject: TMBG: More Info on The FastLane in Asbury Park, NJ Hello all: To get into the Fastlane Cabaret, you need to be 18 to get in, 21 to drink (2 forms of I.D. are required). Tickets are on sale at the Fastlane Box Office & on the night of the show. The town is basically deadsville (with the exception of the nightclubs), and it's easy to just park right along the street. Just make sure you lock your vehicle. When I learn more, I'll let you know. Karen "I'm there dude!" Riley MuseKJ@aol.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990519173922.67624.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: "i buried flans" Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 10:39:22 PDT Cap'n eriKa rae wrote: >Nathan speculated on It's Fun to Steal and Flans' obvious passing: > >Yes, but he's smoking TWO cigars at once! That's a clear sign of > > >death, even more obvious than bare feet. > >That, or a lack of caring about staying alive - which leads to death. >It >wasn't a car wreck, it was lung cancer! I thought it was a barrage of pencils. >Then Ian P stated: > >COLUBUS OHIO ISN'T the holy land! But it is known as Cowtown. Hey, if Robot Hell will be in New Jersey, maybe the Holy Land will be in Columbus, Ohio. >Surgeon General's Warning: Cigar smoking will KILL you, John. Woo. Not if he's already dead. (Will she shoot you? She won't have to...) -- May the light shine upon thee, Nathan Mulac "Expert texpert choking smokers, don't you think the joker laughs at you?" DeHoff DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990519174737.17821.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: They Might Be Mono Puff Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 10:47:37 PDT eRiCh wrote: >Anyone notice how recently Mono Puffness has been leaking into They >Might >Be >Giants? We got the Dr. Evil song sung by sister Puff and the mp3 >album has >Lullaby to Nightmares as sung by Joshua Fried. The description just says that the lyrics were written by Fried, not that he sings it. I believe that Fried sang the Hello the Band version of that song, but the version on the MP3 album will be different, and might well be sung by one or both of the Johns. Besides, Fried was connected to TMBG before Mono Puff existed. (Remember the remixes of "The World's Address" and "She's Actual Size"?) >Now Lullabye was a Hello: the >Band number but more of a desendant of Mono Puff then tmbg. My guess >about >the whole Dr. Evil thing is that tmbg was approached to do the song >and >since they wanted to it james bondish you got to have the female >voice. >I'm >not complaining im just observing.... I agree about the Bond thing, but I think that Robin might well perform on other TMBG releases. I don't know if she'll go by Sister Puff, though. ("Sister Giant," perhaps?) The line between TMBG and Mono Puff is thinly drawn, anyway (sort of like the line dividing laugh and scream, or joy and sorrow). I'd say that "S-E-X-X-Y" sounds like a Mono Puff number, and "New York City" was originally scheduled to be performed by Mono Puff. "Backstabbing Liar" sounds quite TMBG-ish. I suppose that the line is drawn by whether or not Linnell is involved, but there might well be some TMBG songs that Linnell was not involved in making (although he did approve of them). -- May the light shine upon thee, Nathan Mulac "So I'll continue to continue to pretend my life will never end, and flowers never bend with the rainfall" DeHoff DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990519175100.82125.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: Time For A Zoology Lesson.... Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 10:51:00 PDT Mrs. Karen Riley wrote: >Where do we Humans fit into the scheme of things? > >From the top, modern humans are fully classified as; > >Super-kingdom Eucarya, Kingdom Animalia, Phylum Chordata, Sub-phylum >Vertebrata, Class Mammalia, Sub-class Theria, Infra-class Eutheria, >Order >Primates, Sub-order Anthropoidea, Superfamily Hominoidea, Family > >Hominidae, >Genus Homo, Species Sapiens, Sub-species Sapiens. What's this "super-kingdom" stuff? Is that the division between unicellular and multicellular organisms, or what? (I remember hearing the term "eucaryote" in Biology class, but I can't quite recall what it meant. Something to do with cells, I think.) -- May the light shine upon thee, Nathan Mulac "It's a bird, it's a plane, it's Super-Kingdom!" DeHoff DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ Message-Id: <2.2.32.19990519180910.01220a94@pop-server.austin.rr.com> Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 13:09:10 -0500 From: Mitchell Harding Subject: NOn-TMBG: Phantom Menace... Help! At 10:38 PM 5/18/99 EDT, you wrote: >Okay... I'm SURE there are SOME of you out there who are going to see Phantom >Menace tonight... those of you that do, could you PLEASE do me a favor? >Rumor has it that the trailer for the next Kevin Smith film, "Dogma," is >running before TPM. All I want is SOMEONE to verify this. It didn't play before it when I saw it last night. There were trailers for Tarzan, Mystery Men, Austin Powers, Anna and the King, Fight Club and Titan AE. Harf, Mitch http://ccwf.cc.utexas.edu/~mitcharf/index.html "The only people for me are the mad ones: mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, who never yawn or say a commonplace thing but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars." - Jack Kerouac Do you want money? This is probably a scam of some kind, but I can't find the risk: http://www.alladvantage.com/go.asp?refid=ANT153 ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 14:09:10 -0500 From: Bob Scott Message-ID: <37430C56.A98C321E@tmbg.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re: Worst post you'll ever read eRiCh wrote: > I am very sorry to bring this to all of you I hope this is fake, becuase > with Linnel releasing a press release so soon that doesn't make sense, it > seems to quick to be true. IF THIS IS A FUCKING PRANK I WILL BE PISSED OFF > AFTER THEY WAY THIS MAKES ME FEEL RIGHT NOW: the following was posted at > alt.music.tmbg: > > Rock Musician John Flansburgh Dies in Auto Accident > > Reuters > > WASHINGTON (May 16) - Guitarist John Flansburgh of rock band They > Might Be Giants died late Saturday night in a collision after a band > had played a concert at New York City's Bowery Ballroom. > > Flansburgh was driving with bandmates John Linnell and Dan Hickey when > a truck operated by anintoxicated man collided with the driver's side > of the car, killing the musician on impact. The other passengers > sustained only minor injuries. > > John Flansburgh, along with John Linnell formed the band They Might Be > Giants in the mid 1980's. The duo recorded two full-length albums > before being signed to Elektra Records in 1990. Their most popular > album, "Flood" recently went platinum. > > John Linnell stated that he plans to continue a musical career without > his partner, releasing material under a different name. > > They Might Be Giants' live band plans to persue different musical > oppurtunities. Sorry about this reply being late, but I've been living or something... When you read on the internet on a page other than a major net news provider that someone has died in a car crash, it's gonna most often be a lie. I recall once in Alt.movies.Kubrick, 2 years ago, someone posted that Kubrick and Marlon Brando had been killed in 2 seperate car accidents in the same evening. It's the net. You've gotta take everything with a grain of salt... Kind of like this pointless message that I'm typing trying to convince intellectuals of what they already know to be true... AKA Bob "Weiko-weiko whiny!" SCott ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 14:32:13 -0500 From: Bob Scott Message-ID: <374311BD.D8307669@tmbg.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: More on the Bowery Ballroom Lawrence P Solomon wrote: > And, what's more, Flans is left-handed. And Paul McCartney is *also* > left-handed. And we all know he's been dead for 32 years! :) It's a > conspiracy, I tell you. Well, "Live and Let Die" is such a giveaway! AKA Bob "Back from the Dead" SCott (with a mango) ------------------------------ From: LimeZinger@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 15:22:30 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Worst post you'll ever read In a message dated 5/19/99 2:10:59 PM, bobscott@tmbg.org writes: >Sorry about this reply being late, but I've been living or something... > wow, and i was just about to post my theory that you and leffel kidnapped linnell and flansburgh and took over for them, respectively. okay, not really. but i'm finding somewhat of an amusement in the "dead clues" posts and all around details to look for. i found another one today for everybody, eh. in the apollo 18 promo thing ("integrity project!") on video bootleg #2 (or is it #3?) ... regarding the topics in the songs -- "and an old they might be giants favourite: death." woo... ! :) *yawn* tiredsarah ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 14:38:05 -0500 From: Bob Scott Message-ID: <3743131D.D2935168@tmbg.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re: "i buried flans" Mike Leffel wrote: > Mike "Melody, Fidelity, Quantity!" Leffel > ---I only wish life was like that. You know, when you promise content relating to Gilligan's Island, you really should stick to that promise... Bob "Fidelitus, Beuwulfitus, Ignoramus" SCott ------------------------------ From: MuseKJ@aol.com Message-ID: <2b1b5e4d.2474714f@aol.com> Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 15:55:59 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Time For A Zoology Lesson.... In a message dated 5/19/99 1:52:09 PM Eastern Daylight Time, xornom@hotmail.com writes: << What's this "super-kingdom" stuff? Is that the division between unicellular and multicellular organisms, or what? (I remember hearing the term "eucaryote" in Biology class, but I can't quite recall what it meant. Something to do with cells, I think.) >> To address those of you who have decided to stay after class for extra help in taxonomy: Today, many biologists recognize six or more kingdoms, as well as "super-kingdoms" or "domains." Domains group kingdoms into higher categories. There are three now-acknowledged domains: Bacteria, Archaea (which live mostly in Earth's most extreme environments, like salt lakes and boiling hot springs), and Eukarya, AKA Eucarya (Protists, Fungi, Plants, and Animals). Both Bacteria and Archaea are made up of mostly unicellular organisms. "K , My name is Karen" Riley MuseKJ@aol.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990519203134.16607.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "The Band Four O'Clock" Subject: TMBG: JUNE or JULY!!!! Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 16:31:34 EDT 7/20/99 New York City, NY Summerstage Well For any one who wants to KNOW the dates all three on theymightbegiants.com are in JULY!!!! Because 6/20 is my birthday, and the word on the list is that that day is the concert mentioned above. and tomorrow is 5/20-IAN P. Well it's delightful to hear from us. We take pleasure in hearing from ourselves. See you around- T-Cup, T-Pot, That Guy, and The Ian's (Scott and Powell). The MEN of Four O'clock _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990519203710.1215.rocketmail@web4.rocketmail.com> Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 13:37:10 -0700 (PDT) From: "Anastasia E. Hunt" Subject: TMBG: My Weird- @$$ TMBG Dream Listies and friends, I had the weirdest TMBG dream last night. I dreamt that I was locked in an all-white room wearing all black. It was a nice room, just devoid of anything I liked. No TMBG, nothin'. Just R&B cd's and photos of my former roomate Stephanie (bitch MADE MY LIFE MISERABLE). And dumb teen romance novels. And tapes of soaps. there was a white vase that reminded me of one I had bought for my mom. this room was a sick shrine to her- a room convicting me for her death, for making a decision that was extraordinarily difficult. A room to alternately make me feel guilty for that and to tell me to get over it, and stop feeling sorry for myself. I didn't make this room, I was imprisoned in it. I was waiting for my brother to visit me. I smashed the vase in frustration and then started weeping. The door opened and John Linnell walked in wearing a black outfit like mine. He walked over to me and cradled me in his arms. "I'm here to bust you out," he said. He handed me a black bag and a black trenchcoat and took my hand. John Flansburgh waited outside the door with Dan Hickey and Brian Doherty. All wore black. They all hugged me and told me it was gonna be okay. Stephanie appeared out of nowhere, lying in a hospital bed bandaged and pleading with me not to go. "What did I ever do to you?" she asked. "Can't you see I need you? I'm helpless." "Sorry, Steph, I'm not buying it I bet you faked this. I'm leaving," I said. She got up and ran after us, only to disappear. We were suddenly in a huge, new house. There was a green room. Literally. Green shag carpet, beanbag chairs, and pillows. It was lit by a green light. John Lennon (ca. 1966) walked out and greeted me. "We smoke pot in there," he said, leaving. the Johns didn't see this. i looked in and the Monkees were sitting in the beanbag chairs talking about politics and drinking green tea and just enjoying each others' company. A tall woman with dark hair walked in and introduced herself as Mrs. Flansburgh. She wore a short, baby blue vintage a-line dress, white knee socks, and black maryjanes with a two-inch heel. I looked down and saw that I was wearing a purple and black striped baby tee, a black a-line skirt, fishnets and go-go boots. I was also wearing a long black wig. Linnell was wearing his black jeans and Docs with an eggplant colored Nehru jacket and everyone else was similarly attired. (Flans' nehru jacket was blue. Everyone else wore orange.) Flans and Dan lit incense, Robin went to make tea and to check on baby Sam, and we all proceeded to a striped- walled basement filled with instruments to jam to "Pleasant Valley Sunday", and some free-form rock thing we all made up. And then I woke up. Anastasia PS- I have two schemes in motion: 1. To move to Seattle. Permanently. 2. To see TMBG in Denver in July. Just thought I'd warn you. === A friend knows how to allow for mere quantity in your talk, and only replies to the quality. --William Dean Howells _________________________________________________________ DO YOU YAHOO!? Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com ------------------------------ From: LimeZinger@aol.com Message-ID: <3ea4c731.24747a84@aol.com> Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 16:35:16 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: JUNE or JULY!!!! In a message dated 5/19/99 3:32:53 PM, four_o_clock@hotmail.com writes: >Well For any one who wants to KNOW the dates all three on >theymightbegiants.com are in JULY!!!! Because 6/20 is my birthday, and > the >word on the list is that that day is the concert mentioned above. and >tomorrow is 5/20-IAN P. i've no idea what you just said, but this free concert, in central park, IS in june. sarah ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 15:52:05 -0500 From: Bob Scott Message-ID: <37432475.EA6655DE@tmbg.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Worst post you'll ever read (Aisle 5) LimeZinger@aol.com wrote: > In a message dated 5/19/99 2:10:59 PM, bobscott@tmbg.org writes: > > >Sorry about this reply being late, but I've been living or something... > > > > wow, and i was just about to post my theory that you and leffel kidnapped > linnell and flansburgh and took over for them, respectively. okay, not > really. Well, they're not dead, if that's what you mean! Sheesh! You kidnap one musical duo, and you just never hear the end of it... It's not like most people consider the Olsen Twins 'musicians', let alone 'people'. So, using these high tech 'lasers', we will destroy the protective atmospheric layer known as the 'ozone layer'.... Wait, that's not supposed to be in this message! AKA Bob "Glad to be back, though I was never really all that gone" SCott ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 16:48:34 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: Time For A Zoology Lesson.... Message-ID: <19990519.164905.4662.0.hotel_detective1@juno.com> From: "Cap'n eriKa rae" Hm. I wonder if I was to report all that I've learned here to my Biology teacher, if maybe she'd let me get out of the fetal pig dissection tomorrow. No, probably not. But I'd look smart... No, probably not. Feh. >(I remember hearing the term >"eucaryote" in Biology class, but I can't quite recall what it meant. >Something to do with cells, I think.) Eukaryotes are multi-celled organisms with a nucleus, and Prokaryotes are single-celled organisms with no nucleus. That's all I remember from the bacteria chapter... ever-sincere, eriKa, "and now, to look at the pig's brain. take a small hammer and bash the skull open, then peel back the skin... make sure you have your goggles on, so as not to get formaldehyde or animal fluids in your eyes. If you were to get something in your eye, here's how to use the eye wash bottle..." "Sexual frustration is caused by the Discovery Channel." - Kevan Peden ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 14:55:51 -0600 Subject: Re: TMBG: JUNE or JULY!!!! Message-ID: <19990519.145613.3694.2.TMBgirl@juno.com> >>four_o_clock@hotmail.com and his multiple personalities writes: sarah then replied: >i've no idea what you just said, but this free concert, in central >park, IS >in june. i'll just translate for ya... he said, "i'm a freak on crack, thank you." take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 13:33:22 -0400 From: The Great Quux Message-ID: <3742F5E2.77CCA848@stardatecomputer.com> Organization: Stardate Computer Systems Subject: Re: TMBG: june 20 question LimeZinger@aol.com wrote: > although it's wrong to assume, i'm assuming it's a daytime thing... or at > least early night. didn't someone say it was "for kids!" ? i do also recall > "bring your dad!" ... funny, my dad's the only one not going. heh. definitely a daytime thing. Doors open at 1PM (I think I'll try to be there for the opening band, someone posted some info but I've totally forgotten it) and TMBG comes on at 3. -- Mike Russo, www.walrus.com/~stardate, Brooklyn, NY -- "Oh look, there goes that talking fish again. 'Hi there!' ... Uh, I guess he didn't hear me." -- "Diver Dan" ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 13:39:34 -0400 From: The Great Quux Message-ID: <3742F756.F8635DC3@stardatecomputer.com> Organization: Stardate Computer Systems Subject: TMBG: TMBG Star Wars connection? Just kidding. There isn't one. :) -- Mike Russo, www.walrus.com/~stardate, Brooklyn, NY -- "Oh look, there goes that talking fish again. 'Hi there!' ... Uh, I guess he didn't hear me." -- "Diver Dan" ------------------------------ From: linnel@snet.net Message-Id: <199905192327.TAA09263@smtp.snet.net> Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 19:23:12 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: june 20th. free show. yeah baby. ooo ooooo ooo.... i'm going! it'll be my absolute first ever tmbg show! i'm so excited. me, my sister, and two of our friends will be making the trip. yay! oh oh... and everyone can be proud of me... i got my very first jazz band solo. yay! jen- the one who likes to say "supercalafredabitch" for fun. > so who all else is going? :) i am i am woooo! wow! my mom and sister are > too... but if they didn't, the only other way i'd get to go is if tmbg > postponed it another month for when i take my own big trip down there. heh. > errr... anyway... s'gonna be fun! :D if *i* can go, you can too. if *i* can > survive an 8 hour car ride, you all can manage a way. > > > > woooo hoo! > > sarah > ------------------------------ From: linnel@snet.net Message-Id: <199905192329.TAA10017@smtp.snet.net> Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 19:25:22 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: june 20 question it's at... umm...3... right? and doors open at 1... i'm pretty sure. jen- the one who will make you eat cheese while jumping on a pogo stick in hopes that you will throw the cheese back up and we'll then have something to feed the dogs. > >I noticed that June 20 is a Sunday. Is this show during the > >day or at night? And is it in central park or am I making that up? > > although it's wrong to assume, i'm assuming it's a daytime thing... or at > least early night. didn't someone say it was "for kids!" ? i do also recall > "bring your dad!" ... funny, my dad's the only one not going. heh. > > > >-Matt > >p.s. isn't it odd that it is an 8 hour drive from Rochester,NY > >to New York, NY but it's only a 3 hr. 20 min. bus ride from > >Baltimore, MD to New York, NY, a good 3 states away? > > > > and it's only a 3 hour drive here from rochester to toronto. ;) i might as > well be canadian! ;) (though that's only because you have to drive around > the lake -- once they get that ferry workin'...) > > sarah > ------------------------------ From: LimeZinger@aol.com Message-ID: <4353ca2.2474a37c@aol.com> Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 19:30:04 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: june 20th. free show. yeah baby. In a message dated 5/19/99 6:28:08 PM, linnel@snet.net writes: >ooo ooooo ooo.... i'm going! it'll be my absolute first ever tmbg >show! i'm so excited. me, my sister, and two of our friends will >be making the trip. yay! i say we all should meet... have a great big tmbg-list-o-fest thing. and someone please make the william allen white heads again; i was not there to see it last time. :) sarah ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #17-20 ******************************