Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #17-25 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 17, Number 25 Tuesday, 25 May 1999 Today's Topics: TMBG: Re: Japanese severe tire damage Re: TMBG: Japanese severe tire damage Re: TMBG: Japanese severe tire damage Re: TMBG: Reference TMBG: Non-TMBG. DFB has landed in the UK! Re: NON-TMBG: Reference TMBG: NYC concert Non- TMBG: T-shirts? TMBG: love? TMBG: Re: love? Re: Non- TMBG: T-shirts? Re: TMBG: Re: love? TMBG: tmbg roch. radio song sound files!!..? Re: Non- TMBG: T-shirts? Re: TMBG: Re: Japanese severe tire damage TMBG: Finally, the video! Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-ID: <3749495A.5EA12E18@pacificnet.net> Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 05:43:08 -0700 From: Bongo Subject: TMBG: Re: Japanese severe tire damage Destin Berthelot wrote: "CDnow has listed a Japanese import version of severe tire damage for $32.99, featuring "two bonsu tracks" with more information to come. Assuming "bonsu"="bonus," any idea what they are? Usually, it's b-sides from the album, like the Factory Showroom with Unforgotten and SenSurround, but the Dr. Worm single only had album tracks..." This is very interesting/exciting news. The big question: is it worth $33 for two songs? If it was a special two CD version, I would buy it in a heartbeat. But two songs? I'm assuming they will be live tracks but then again STD had a few studio tracks so who knows? For all we know they could be previously released songs or ones that are going to be on the MP3 releases. I'm eagerly awaiting more news. -B O N G O ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990524144857.45356.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Lee Steel" Subject: Re: TMBG: Japanese severe tire damage Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 14:48:57 GMT OK, I stuck my neck out here. In the name of science. I ordered one. If I get it before any info comes to the surface, I'll gladly make a report. See you all on Father's Day! Lee >From: Destin Berthelot >Reply-To: Destin Berthelot >To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org >Subject: TMBG: Japanese severe tire damage >Date: Sun, 23 May 1999 12:14:16 -0500 > >CDnow has listed a Japanese import version of severe tire damage for >$32.99, featuring "two bonsu tracks" with more information to come. >Assuming "bonsu"="bonus," any idea what they are? Usually, it's b-sides >from the album, like the Factory Showroom with Unforgotten and SenSurround, >but the Dr. Worm single only had album tracks... > >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ >Destin Berthelot | "All persons, >http://fox.rollins.edu/~dberthelot/ | living or dead, > | are purely >They Might Be Giants Visual Discography: | coincidental." >http://members.xoom.com/theymightbe/ | -Kurt Vonnegut >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ > _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990524145041.36038.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Lee Steel" Subject: Re: TMBG: Japanese severe tire damage Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 14:50:41 GMT OK, I stuck my neck out here. In the name of science. I ordered one. If I get it before any info comes to the surface, I'll gladly make a report. See you all on Father's Day! Lee >From: Destin Berthelot >Reply-To: Destin Berthelot >To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org >Subject: TMBG: Japanese severe tire damage >Date: Sun, 23 May 1999 12:14:16 -0500 > >CDnow has listed a Japanese import version of severe tire damage for >$32.99, featuring "two bonsu tracks" with more information to come. >Assuming "bonsu"="bonus," any idea what they are? Usually, it's b-sides >from the album, like the Factory Showroom with Unforgotten and SenSurround, >but the Dr. Worm single only had album tracks... > >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ >Destin Berthelot | "All persons, >http://fox.rollins.edu/~dberthelot/ | living or dead, > | are purely >They Might Be Giants Visual Discography: | coincidental." >http://members.xoom.com/theymightbe/ | -Kurt Vonnegut >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ > _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990524151643.9010.rocketmail@attach1.rocketmail.com> Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 08:16:42 -0700 (PDT) From: "Anastasia E. Hunt" Subject: Re: TMBG: Reference === Ah, sweet pity. Where would my love life have been without it? -- Homer Simpson ---LimeZinger@aol.com wrote: > > > In a message dated 5/22/99 10:56:06 AM, colleen@mik.uky.edu writes: > > > > > > >There we go. Anyone have a clue what "Something's Gotten Into My Beard" > > > >is referring to? Not a clue. But it sounds suspiciously like a Fingertip. Anastasia "Just poppin' off with these non-seqiturs" Hunt > > > > someone keeps moving my chair + santa's beard? PS- or that. Boobookitty _________________________________________________________ DO YOU YAHOO!? Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com ------------------------------ From: rhilton@bitc.org.uk Message-Id: Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 20:23:42 +0000 Subject: TMBG: Non-TMBG. DFB has landed in the UK! Oh yes. Arrived this very AM (along with lots of other goodies from Amazon). Sitting on my desk, still sealed up but screaming to be shoved in a VCR, is my copy of 'Direct from Brooklyn'. Bet it is the only copy in the UK so far! Time to go home I think..... Richard *** 3 concerts of Cuban music in the next 10 days! *** ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990524185857.23189.rocketmail@send205.yahoomail.com> Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 11:58:57 -0700 (PDT) From: Talcott Starr Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Reference --- Nathan Mulac DeHoff wrote: > You're thinking of _Sourcery_, the book that > featured the Apocralypse. War, > Famine, and Pestilence didn't appear in _Mort_. > -- Well I was close. I had just read Sourcery, and honestly a lot of the books mix together in memory. === |\_________\ | Co-Owner of ThetaSoft| | \|___ ___| | http://members.xoom.com/ThetaSoft | || | |-----------------------------------| || | "If you can't see dreams, your eyes are blind" || | -Moxy Fruvous- "Fly" \|___|ALCOTT STARR _____________________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Free instant messaging and more at http://messenger.yahoo.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <37496F0E.80C16AD3@osu.edu> Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 15:24:00 +0000 From: Diana Kocar Subject: TMBG: NYC concert For the June 20th concert in NYC, does anyone know if any kind of ticket is required to get in? I am well aware that it is free, but sometimes they require tickets for free concerts so I thought I'd ask (actually my friend going with me wants to know). Thanks! Diana ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990524200707.29640.rocketmail@web1.rocketmail.com> Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 13:07:07 -0700 (PDT) From: "Anastasia E. Hunt" Subject: Non- TMBG: T-shirts? Hi all, My friend Jesse (who is not on this list for odd technical reasons)wants to know what became of the TMBG mailing list T-Shirt thingy? Hasn't it been transferred from Christy and her shoes to someone else? What's the status? That and something on the personal side; I just emailed my best friend and told him I love him. I guess I just need support or something. === Ah, sweet pity. Where would my love life have been without it? -- Homer Simpson _________________________________________________________ DO YOU YAHOO!? Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com ------------------------------ From: Matt James Message-Id: <199905242047.QAA06580@fellspt.charm.net> Subject: TMBG: love? Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 16:47:27 -0400 (EDT) > Hi all, > > My friend Jesse (who is not on this list for odd technical > reasons)wants to know what became of the TMBG mailing list > T-Shirt thingy? Hasn't it been transferred from Christy and her > shoes to someone else? What's the status? That seems to have long disappeared, our money seems to be gone forever. > > That and something on the personal side; I just emailed my best > friend and told him I love him. > I guess I just need support or something. "Is that the kind of love between a man and a woman or the kind of love between a man and a good cigar?" -Dr. Hibbard ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 16:21:31 -0500 From: Mike Leffel Message-ID: <3749C2DB.2376370B@dragondata.com> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re: love? Matt James wrote: > > > Hi all, > > > > My friend Jesse (who is not on this list for odd technical > > reasons)wants to know what became of the TMBG mailing list > > T-Shirt thingy? Hasn't it been transferred from Christy and her > > shoes to someone else? What's the status? > That seems to have long disappeared, our money seems to be > gone forever. Oh, sad, trusting TMBG fans! How I wish *I* could scheme for your cash! MUHUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA!!! ^_^ ...maybe there's still time! > > > > That and something on the personal side; I just emailed my best > > friend and told him I love him. I've done that a couple of times. Make sure you dial up someone who you actually know, though, or else the restraining orders may hinder your ability to get a good job at Kinko's. > > I guess I just need support or something. Try "DEPENDS' adult undergarments. They work for me! > "Is that the kind of love between a man and a woman or the > kind of love between a man and a good cigar?" -Dr. Hibbard (imitates _confused Burns-Alien look/pause_ after that phrase) Well, thanks to a little unnamed-to-protect-the-innocent website, I got to see a couple of TMBG videos! I've seen the GUITAR before, (and this stinking town considers TMBG videos taboo) but other than that I've been devoid of VideoThey (full format) and LiveThey. Poo. Mike "Considering a WebComic" Leffel ---what most people do before they die ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 01:38:00 -0400 Subject: Re: Non- TMBG: T-shirts? Message-ID: <19990623.013804.2686.2.Phone_Book@juno.com> From: who? not me anastasia the huntress bequeathed our lament: >That and something on the personal side; I just emailed my best >friend and told him I love him. >I guess I just need support or something. Ah! You've caught the insanity, as well: I can't decide whether to embrace the idea of romance or shun it as bubonic. I will tell you that I should like to call love foolery, but foolery it may not be; and despite that I would never consciously will it upon anyone, I'd think that it is, doubtless, a stray-wild tabby we cannot tame. We are mice, and it swipes us with its claws in that dance of playful, impending death--playful to it, at least. We're its dinner and its sport. That's love, yep. I'm sorry. peace, love, and good happiness stuff, jay. ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: LimeZinger@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 17:29:50 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: love? In a message dated 5/24/99 4:27:16 PM, mal@dragondata.com writes: >I've done that a couple of times. Make sure you dial up someone who >you actually know, though, or else the restraining orders may hinder >your ability to get a good job at Kinko's. that ol' copy shop clerk, eh? > Well, thanks to a little unnamed-to-protect-the-innocent website, >I got to see a couple of TMBG videos! I've seen the GUITAR before, >(and this stinking town considers TMBG videos taboo) but other than >that I've been devoid of VideoThey (full format) and LiveThey. > can't ya order DFB?! sarah ------------------------------ From: LimeZinger@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 17:42:40 EDT Subject: TMBG: tmbg roch. radio song sound files!!..? wooo hoo! i just got the interview tmbg did here on wber on 4/30 (i missed it, i was making a ben folds tape to listen to in the car. i'm not the brightest...) ...they did acoustic versions of edith head and thunderbird; and even a short impromtu version of a-ha's "take on me" ...requested by our very own amber (who got to SING with them on the radio! wow!).. :) i can make mp2's of these if anyone's interested (i can only make mp3's out of cd's). let me know. i don't know what sound files of the new songs are floating around, but this is the first i know of that would be crystal clear, not a concert recording. email me offlist, let me know if y'all're int'rested in hearing 'em. actually i'm not even done with the interview, they may have done more. oh, they did NYC but everyone knows that one already. ... if the demand is high for EH, thunderbird, and the a-ha cover, i'll make 'em. i don't want to waste my time and webspace for nuthin'. they're really great. i love how linnell pronounces/sings "thunderbird". lala. sarah np - blur - 13 ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 16:33:40 -0400 From: The Great Quux Message-ID: <3749B7A4.1D851BA2@stardatecomputer.com> Organization: Stardate Computer Systems Subject: Re: Non- TMBG: T-shirts? "Anastasia E. Hunt" wrote: > That and something on the personal side; I just emailed my best > friend and told him I love him. > I guess I just need support or something. Huh. Well in fact, it is easier to do that over e-mail, which is how I first said 'I love you' and meant it. Just remember that important stuff about love that everyone talks about, that the most im@*)<$ From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Japanese severe tire damage Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 17:54:19 PDT Bob Scott wrote: >Destin Berthelot wrote: > > > Assuming "bonsu"="bonus," any idea what they are? > >Actually, I the 'bonsu', rare tracks which grow on shapely little >trees >you can >prune to fit on any CD, have become quite the profitable item in >Japan, >and >now, apparently, on the import market! Catch the craze before the >craze >kills again! BONSU!!! They have been known to cause seizures, though. -- May the light shine upon thee, Nathan Mulac "I am disrespectful to dirt! Can't you see that I am serious?" DeHoff DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <374A1F22.4BB5@maristb.marist.edu> Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 23:55:14 -0400 From: Misty Subject: TMBG: Finally, the video! I was walking around Media Play yesterday and, just for a laugh, I thought I'd take a peek around the music video section. To my utter shock and amazement, there was one lone copy of "Direct From Brooklyn"! I did a double-take, and I think even a triple-take. My mom was nice enough to buy me the tape (no job=no money), and I went home and watched it right away. I loved every single second of it. Previously, I had only seen rather fuzzy on-line copies of "The Guitar" and "They'll Need a Crane" videos, and short splices of "Snail Shell," "Statue Got Me High," and "Puppet Head." The only videos I had seen on a television screen were the Tiny Toons videos. So I was overjoyed to watch these. And the videos were so well done too. The real "Istanbul" video was especially strange. And the bonus Tiny Toons videos at the end were an added treat, since I've always liked that show, and those videos introduced me to TMBG way back in 1990. And I noticed something I hadn't noticed the last time I saw them on TV (which was a few years ago, I believe): in the "Istanbul" video, Hamton and Plucky briefly dress up as Flans and Linnel, respectively. Anyway, as you all have probably already gathered, I loved the whole video tape, and for anyone who doesn't have it, it's worth getting. If you're not lucky enough to find it in a store (I know--TMBG can be a four-letter word to some record stores), get it on-line. It's definitely worth paying the shipping charges. Misty http://lavender.fortunecity.com/fullmonty/22/mywebpage.htm ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #17-25 ******************************