Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #17-4 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 17, Number 4 Tuesday, 4 May 1999 Today's Topics: TMBG: from zentertainment TMBG: www.theymightbegiants.com TMBG: Video news TMBG: TMBG Truck? TMBG: Rochester Show: Mammal TMBG: DFB ..."hidden track" Re: TMBG: DFB ..."hidden track" Re: TMBG: DFB ..."hidden track" Re: TMBG: DFB ..."hidden track" Re: TMBG: DFB ..."hidden track" Re: TMBG: DFB ..."hidden track" (Now Seriously NON-TMBG) Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: LimeZinger@aol.com Message-ID: <2bde25af.245f2dc5@aol.com> Date: Mon, 3 May 1999 12:50:13 EDT Subject: TMBG: from zentertainment actually, i'll post his after my neat anecdote: i was in a used cd store earlier today, and got my mom a copy of flood (she's an even bigger tmbg fan after friday's show:)) and there was one of those oval tmbg stickers from the info club inside the cd case. :) exactly like the old one i had, the yellow one. but that's still neat. :) has anyone tried sticking one of those on a car? do they stay? i'd like to get a couple of the regular bumper stickers eventually. but i'm wondering if this one will hold up in the weather juat as well. ..? and now for the point: RHINO Chronicles releases a 2-CD THIS AMERICAN LIFE compilation this week, collecting 11 spoken-word tracks from the Chicago-based Public Radio program. LIES, SISSIES AND FIASCOES: THE BEST OF THIS AMERICAN LIFE includes over two-and-a-half hours of contributions from Ira Glass, David Sedaris, personal favorite Sandra Tsing Loh, and others, and a new song not available anywhere else from THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS. http://www.rhino.com ~sarah ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 03 May 1999 15:48:50 -0400 From: Peter Ohlert Message-ID: <372DFDA1.507FBDF2@icdc.com> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: www.theymightbegiants.com Hey I just noticed the new TMBG news section, which you can get to directy at "www.theymightbegiants.com", as opposed to "www.tmbg.com" which is a different but both are offical sites run by the band (the thrid is "www.dialasong.com") ...anywho it has the offical skinny on all of their upcoming projects...except its doesnt have the video listed...anyone else find this odd... peter ohlert@icdc.com ------------------------------ From: Matt James Message-Id: <199905032046.QAA22689@fellspt.charm.net> Subject: TMBG: Video news Date: Mon, 3 May 1999 16:46:32 -0400 (EDT) > Hey I just noticed the new TMBG news section, which you can get to > directy at "www.theymightbegiants.com", as opposed to "www.tmbg.com" > which is a different but both are offical sites run by the band (the > thrid is "www.dialasong.com") ...anywho it has the offical skinny on all > of their upcoming projects...except its doesnt have the video > listed...anyone else find this odd... > Yes Peter, I did find this odd. In fact, I've seen very little on tmbg.com, tmbg.org, or tmbg.net. The only reference I've seen is a track listing on tmbg.org that has the date as Jan. 1999 (very odd since it just came out last week). TMBG.NET claims that they update their news multiple times throughout the week but I don't see any mention of it in their news section... -Matt ------------------------------ Message-ID: <372E2A03.B17E0048@sevenlands.com> Date: Mon, 03 May 1999 18:58:11 -0400 From: carlyn nugent Subject: TMBG: TMBG Truck? Something just occured to me as I was browsing TMBG.com's online catalogue. In the very first Info Club newsletter I received (maybe 5 years ago?), one of the items for sale in the catalogue section was a classic old truck (I'm very "into" classic cars, but I can't remember exactly what it was now--I could dig out the newsletter and look it up, I suppose) with a custom TMBG paint job. It seems to me it had been theirs for hauling equipment or something else, and they were trying to unload it as a unique collectors' item (which it certainly was!). It was actually a good price for that particular model, even without the TMBG thing. Anyway, I was just curious if anyone knows what happened to it. Did some really fanatical TMBGer get it? Or was it just sold off to some motorhead who probably gave it a re-spray and obliterated the TMBG logos, etc.? I don't want to buy it or anything...just wondering. CN ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990504002211.5268.rocketmail@web214.mail.yahoo.com> Date: Mon, 3 May 1999 17:22:11 -0700 (PDT) From: KRS Tyler Subject: TMBG: Rochester Show: Mammal DOes anyone who was at the rochester show know when they played played mammal like after what song. i got the setlist, and i want to make a mix tape of the set list (or something). === Chris Tyler Check out my sites: http://www.angelfire.com/ny2/12rods http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/stadium/8282 http://www.angelfire.com/ny/gamersquad _________________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com ------------------------------ From: LimeZinger@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Mon, 3 May 1999 21:14:47 EDT Subject: TMBG: DFB ..."hidden track" no it's not a hidden track. but it is somewhat of an equivalent. LOL.. this was just posted on the AOL TMBG message board... everyone that has direct from brooklyn in their posession: go open the top flaps of the box (don't worry, it won't ruin your box) and take a look at what they say. *all* 3 of em ("..numbah one!.." sorry. clash reference.) go do it.. i mean it. cute, isn't it. if you don't have it and wanna know, uhh.. email me and i'll tell you what it says. sarah ------------------------------ From: Tmbg4life@aol.com Message-ID: <66ed2012.245fa6f6@aol.com> Date: Mon, 3 May 1999 21:27:18 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: DFB ..."hidden track" for those of you who can't wait to know what it says, on one flap it says "They might be big" on the opposite flap "They might be lies" on the big flap part "They might be big big lies" ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 03 May 1999 21:00:39 -0500 From: Mike Leffel Message-ID: <372E54C7.2CA34455@dragondata.com> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: DFB ..."hidden track" Tmbg4life@aol.com wrote: > > for those of you who can't wait to know what it says, on one flap it says > "They might be big" on the opposite flap "They might be lies" on the big flap > part "They might be big big lies" Was it 'big big', or were there more than two 'big's? Stupid can't-get-TMBG-video-when-it-comes-out town I live in!!! GAA! Mike "Curious George" Leffel ---I hope you all say the Monty Python reference in Noah's Ark yesterday... ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 03 May 1999 21:08:45 -0500 From: Mike Leffel Message-ID: <372E56AD.EC07A812@dragondata.com> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: DFB ..."hidden track" > Mike "Curious George" Leffel > ---I hope you all say the Monty Python reference in Noah's Ark > yesterday... I meant "SAW" instead of "say". Sorry. I've been talking to Grapefruit Puppets all night myself. Why is the world in love again? Why are we marching hand in hand? Hey it's Noah! And his Ark! They Might Be Giants brand new album FLOOD! Mike "HEEE HEEE HEEEEEEEEEE" Leffel --far too giddy tonight. ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 03 May 1999 19:13:54 -0400 From: The Great Quux Message-ID: <372E2DB2.7F55310@stardatecomputer.com> Organization: Stardate Computer Systems Subject: Re: TMBG: DFB ..."hidden track" Mike Leffel wrote: > Stupid can't-get-TMBG-video-when-it-comes-out town I live in!!! GAA! CDNOW baby. > ---I hope you all say the Monty Python reference in Noah's Ark > yesterday... No, because I was listening to my friend's copy of Unsupervised as I flipped through the channels and I didn't dare concentrate on the television. But I know just about every word of every MP show so clue me in... -- Mike Russo, www.walrus.com/~stardate, Brooklyn, NY -- I don't want a goldfish, I want a dog! ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 03 May 1999 22:29:11 -0500 From: Mike Leffel Message-ID: <372E6987.460D53EE@dragondata.com> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: DFB ..."hidden track" (Now Seriously NON-TMBG) > > Stupid can't-get-TMBG-video-when-it-comes-out town I live in!!! GAA! > > CDNOW baby. > Listen... I went to CDNOW's party... I *DID* get a little drunk... CDNOW and I might have FLIRTED, but I SWEAR that little CDNOW baby is NOT MINE! ...I was doing it with AMAZON.COM all night! I can prove it! AMAZON.COM has a little tatoo right next to..... > > ---I hope you all say the Monty Python reference in Noah's Ark > > yesterday... > > No, because I was listening to my friend's copy of Unsupervised as I > flipped through the channels and I didn't dare concentrate on the > television. DO YOU THINK I CARE ABOUT YOUR PETTY PROBLEMS LITTLE MAN!? > But I know just about every word of every MP show so clue me > in... > Lot stabs some guy, the guy says: "I didn't expect THAT!" then, he asks Lot if he can say something with his last breath... Lot says 'okay' They guy says "ITS...ITS...." and perishes. "You should've talked faster!" says Lot. Obviously it related to Mr. Neutron. ^_^ And I payed attention.. this whole scene was linked to NOTHING, no ITS related thing at all. Ergo, it is a FACT. (farts and snickers to the old thread I had nothing to do with) ^___^ The term "Macho Man" was used tonight.... I didn't see any wrestlers though. ^_^ > > I don't want a goldfish, I want a dog! I DIDN'T IMPREGNATE THE GOLDFISH!!! Mike "One day I'll make a bluescreened monstrosity from the Bible" Leffel ---Crusifiction Cruise Part 2! Babes With Stigmata! ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #17-4 *****************************