Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #18-10 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 18, Number 10 Thursday, 10 June 1999 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: song that hooked me TMBG: Video Re: TMBG: Video TMBG: TMBG Tix available at Ticketmaster now Re: TMBG: Video TMBG: Team TMBG SETI update Re: TMBG: Team TMBG SETI update Re: TMBG: song that hooked me TMBG: John and John appearing in Austin Powers?? TMBG: tmbg.net going down for an hour (none) TMBG: Re: TMBG Tix available at Ticketmaster now TMBG: Re: everything? Re: TMBG: Re: A little bit of everything Re: TMBG: Newbie and a question Re: TMBG: John and John appearing in Austin Powers?? Re: TMBG: Newbie and a question TMBG: It's a T-M-B-G Day! Re: TMBG: Newbie and a question TMBG: Favorite Dan TMBG: Thunderbird Myth Info TMBG: J & J in Austin Powers Re: TMBG: Video Re: TMBG: Favorite Dan TMBG: Re: J & J in Austin Powers TMBG: Re: J & J in Austin Powers Re: TMBG: Re: J & J in Austin Powers Re: TMBG: Favorite Dan Re: TMBG: Re: everything? Re: TMBG: Favorite Dan TMBG: A site many of you have seen before? TMBG: Re: Favorite Dan TMBG: Re: Favorite Dan Re: TMBG: Re: Favorite Dan Re: TMBG: Re: Favorite Dan Re: TMBG: Re: Favorite Dan Re: TMBG: Re: Favorite Dan Re: TMBG: Video TMBG: Song that hooked me TMBG: Song that hooked me Re: TMBG: Video Re: TMBG: Song that hooked me Re: TMBG: Video Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-Id: <199906090122.VAA42984@f04n01.cac.psu.edu> Date: Tue, 08 Jun 1999 21:22:21 -0400 From: Jason Fickley Subject: Re: TMBG: song that hooked me At 07:04 PM 6/8/99 -0500, Mike Leffel wrote: >- Oh, and I suggest you buy Long Tall Weekend. I finished downloading >mine >about an hour ago and it makes me happy. > > > Mike "made of meat" Leffel > Has it been released? Or are you talking about the samples? If it's been released, what's the URL to download it, cause I sure can't find it! --Jason-- ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990609012920.72608.qmail@hotmail.com> From: Josh Buckland Subject: TMBG: Video Date: Tue, 08 Jun 1999 18:29:20 PDT Hey! Anybody know where can find "Direct from Brooklyn"? I can't find the little sucker ANYWHERE! Josh Buckland dilbert_2000@hotmail.com ICQ#: 17262308 contact me! http://www.angelfire.com/va/ozzyfest/index.html "I'd give my life to be dead." -Francesco Dellamorte, "Cemetery Man" _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ From: Kaylum@aol.com Message-ID: <4123d955.248f1ef4@aol.com> Date: Tue, 8 Jun 1999 21:35:48 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Video << Anybody know where can find "Direct from Brooklyn"? I can't find the little sucker ANYWHERE! >> It's been spotted at many major chain cd stores like Tower and Best Buy, but if you can't find it, any record store can order it for you. Kay ------------------------------ From: MuseKJ@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Tue, 8 Jun 1999 22:17:23 EDT Subject: TMBG: TMBG Tix available at Ticketmaster now Hi again everybody: Well, the tickets for the TMBG Asbury Park show are finally up on the Ticketmaster.com website: http://www.ticketmaster.com. Karen "Well, I ordered the Reuben!" Riley MuseKJ@aol.com ------------------------------ From: MuseKJ@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Tue, 8 Jun 1999 22:29:24 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Video In a message dated 6/8/99 9:30:23 PM Eastern Daylight Time, dilbert_2000@hotmail.com writes: << Hey! Anybody know where can find "Direct from Brooklyn"? I can't find the little sucker ANYWHERE! >> You can purchase it at Amazon.com...type "Direct From Brooklyn" in the search, and you should be able to find it. Karen "Time to make the doughnuts" Riley MuseKJ@aol.com ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 00:00:25 -0400 (EDT) From: TMBG Intergalactic Fan Club Subject: TMBG: Team TMBG SETI update Message-ID: Hello! http://seti.tmbg.net/ - Updated 6/8/99 The search for a new planet of TMBG fans is well underway! The team is off to a great start! We have 44 members and counting and we are pretty close to being on the top 100 groups list. Unfortunately the SETI @home page seems to not be updating our stats (or the group list) and we aren't getting all the credit we are due just yet. For those of you who haven't joined.... JOIN! You can set the program to just run as a screensaver when you are away from your system. It won't take away from any of the speed of your computer while you are using it if you set it up this way. It make take you a while to make a contribution but you will still be on our team list and every little bit counts. Annnd if you have a powerful computer or multiple computers and keep it running all the time you can REALLY help us move up the charts. I personally am running the client on 5 computers now and hope to see the stats update soon. Remember to check back with http://seti.tmbg.net/ often, it was just updated! P.S. - for those of you who have no idea what this is about. Go read about it on the SETI @home page linked from the seti.tmbg.net page! -- TMBG Intergalactic Fan Club seti@tmbg.net http://seti.tmbg.net/ ------------------------------ From: LimeZinger@aol.com Message-ID: <460072d0.248f41a8@aol.com> Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 00:03:52 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Team TMBG SETI update In a message dated 6/8/99 11:02:21 PM, seti@tmbg.net writes: >P.S. - for those of you who have no idea what this is about. Go read about >it on the SETI @home page linked from the seti.tmbg.net page! > hah! i'm too busy on http://everything.blockstackers.com/ thanks to mr. russo here! aggh! sarah ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 01:29:50 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: song that hooked me Message-ID: <19990609.013241.-237595.0.gray42@juno.com> From: Claire V Gray > The shuffle was on, and WMIBS played. Whoa, that's weird in the instant that I laid my eyes on "WMIBS" the words What Makes It BeaStiality? popped in my mind. How in the hell did that happen? Hey, it could be a good song title, eh' Mysterio Gal (I am the God of fudge) "This iron horse only goes around and around a man made duck pond in dummyland now!" --Crosley Bendix MST3K#88182 ICQ#9585405 gray42@juno.com, send attachments to mr_realgal@yahoo.com http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 The Official Project Omicrom website: www.geocities.com/SoHo/Square/9007 ___________________________________________________________________ Get the Internet just the way you want it. Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access for a month! Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj. ------------------------------ From: Gegatron@aol.com Message-ID: <76aadcf6.248f7760@aol.com> Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 03:53:04 EDT Subject: TMBG: John and John appearing in Austin Powers?? A movie buff friend of mine told me that Flansburgh and Linnell appear IN the new austin powers movie. He was not just thinking wishfully because he's not a fan. Has anyone else heard this unlikely rumor?? Well i'm sure they arent but i guess we'll all find out thursday for sure. ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 09:46:39 -0400 (EDT) From: Josh Axelrad Subject: TMBG: tmbg.net going down for an hour Message-ID: Hello, I am upgrading the RAM in the tmbg.net box so it will be down from approximately 10:30am to 11:30am. This will take down www.tmbg.net, irc.tmbg.net, seti.tmbg.net, and everything else tmbg.net you can think of... cause... THEY ARE ALL THE SAME MACHINE!!@#!@ It will be up and better than ever as soon as possible P.S. - Note to the netlink-irc people, this goes for the netlink DNS as well -- Jish TMBG.net and the EFnet #TMBG Home Page http://www.tmbg.net/ ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 09:59:17 -0400 (EDT) From: Jennivere Scagel Message-ID: heyaall, i know i'm always a little late here and all cuz i get teh diggest form, but i had to reply to this,. the TMBG song that got me hooked was "cowtown"...my roommate freshmen year of college put it on a mix for me, and it went down hill from there..i was obsessed! :) and still am, and haven't regretted a minute of it!! jenn ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 09 Jun 1999 06:36:06 -0400 From: The Great Quux Message-ID: <375E4396.FDBBD1AC@stardatecomputer.com> Organization: Stardate Computer Systems Subject: TMBG: Re: TMBG Tix available at Ticketmaster now MuseKJ@aol.com wrote: > > Hi again everybody: > > Well, the tickets for the TMBG Asbury Park show are finally up on the > Ticketmaster.com website: http://www.ticketmaster.com. > YAY! According to the yahoo map directions, it's only an hour drive from staten island to asbury park (assuming I don't get totally lost!). -- Mike Russo, www.walrus.com/~stardate, Brooklyn, NY -- "It's kind of silly when [fans are] making pie graphs about set list openers. But then, I always liked a good graph." --Mike Gordon, interview with Detroit Free Press 12/5/97 ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 09 Jun 1999 06:34:54 -0400 From: The Great Quux Message-ID: <375E434E.FA1E0A61@stardatecomputer.com> Organization: Stardate Computer Systems Subject: TMBG: Re: everything? LimeZinger@aol.com wrote: > in tmbg -- under people among flans and "linnel", there's "slut"... in slut, > under places, there's university of rochester. in u of r, under ideas, > there's "certain people i could name." All those links on the bottom are created when people go from the node they're staring at now to another node, creating this kind of "soft" link. If someone else clicks on that link then it moves up to the top of the column. eventually (though they haven't implemented it yet) unused links will expire, so that every node isn't linked to every other node. ;) The links in the writeups are created by people (like you and me, anybody) who, when they write the writeups, put [brackets] about a word to create [link]s to other nodes. YES, it's just that simple! > LIKE I SAY, what is this webpage? I don't know! -- Mike Russo, www.walrus.com/~stardate, Brooklyn, NY -- "It's kind of silly when [fans are] making pie graphs about set list openers. But then, I always liked a good graph." --Mike Gordon, interview with Detroit Free Press 12/5/97 ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990609153937.8837.rocketmail@attach1.rocketmail.com> Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 08:39:37 -0700 (PDT) From: Agent Felicity Shagwell Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: A little bit of everything === I like a view but I like to sit with my back turned to it. --Gertrude Stein ---"Jay G." wrote: > Does that make it older then the Careless Santa thread? Probably. I'm not 100% sure, tho. > BFEJ = Bumble-Fu** East-Jesus > It seems to be a derivation of your saying. Ah. Nice to know. > > Maybe I should change my name to Scott Evil. Then > again, maybe not. Hey, go for it. > > > > But...but... WHAT ABOUT CARELESS SANTA?! > > I think he means that we forgot to include that in the list > of references. Also, even though it's not exacty TMBG, we > we should consider adding all the references to Mono > Puff's song "Careless Santa" to the list. Once again, go for it. _________________________________________________________ DO YOU YAHOO!? Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990609155854.1343.rocketmail@web4.rocketmail.com> Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 08:58:53 -0700 (PDT) From: Agent Felicity Shagwell Subject: Re: TMBG: Newbie and a question === I like a view but I like to sit with my back turned to it. --Gertrude Stein > >Which John do you like better? Here we go again. > (yeah, that may be odd but I know for a fact that > I'm not > the only one on this list that finds Linnell cute, > dammit!). No, you're not. (Me and my thing for lanky, quiet older men too.) > Also I like his songs a lot - especially lyric-wise, > and I dig the accordion and he's shy. And I like his voice a lot, and > he's just neat. I think Linnell reminds me of someone I may or may not > have met yet. Kinda the general feeling about him. > > But I dig Flansy a whole lot too - love the glasses I've been told I could pass for his younger sister. I have glasses very similar to his. > and Mono Puff and > most of his songs Same goes for me- I think Flans is pretty cute too. And seems reasonably nice, in a frat-boy sort of way. >I've never seen Them in concert, so I'm not affected >really by > the rumors of his temper or whatnot. There's nothing at all really to mar > my opinion of him... That's good. I've seen Them once (KU, 1997)....Flans didn't seem temperamental, just justifiably pissed that some asshole was throwing stuff on stage. > I just like Linnell more. I can't explain why. Linnell has a certain "Anti-sex appeal" that is to some of us very sexy. _________________________________________________________ DO YOU YAHOO!? Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990609164924.57927.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "The Band Four O'Clock" Subject: Re: TMBG: John and John appearing in Austin Powers?? Date: Wed, 09 Jun 1999 12:49:23 EDT >From: Gegatron@aol.com >Reply-To: Gegatron@aol.com >To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org >Subject: TMBG: John and John appearing in Austin Powers?? >Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 03:53:04 EDT > >A movie buff friend of mine told me that Flansburgh and Linnell appear IN >the >new austin powers movie. He was not just thinking wishfully because he's >not >a fan. Has anyone else heard this unlikely rumor?? Well i'm sure they >arent but i guess we'll all find out thursday for sure. Look at it this way, Weird Al Did the theme to spy hard, it was the last thing to be added to the movie, just like TMBG with Austin Powers, why would they not be seen in the opening credits, it is there song, and well if they do something like the old bond movies. . . Well they could be in it. And I hope they are, The sad thing is if I remember right they are not on the sound track, they got in to late.-Ian TMBG ROCKS, and OH BEHAVE! _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 12:56:30 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: Newbie and a question Message-ID: <19990609.131520.4886.0.hotel_detective1@juno.com> From: "Cap'n eriKa rae" Superspy Shagwell: >Same goes for me- I think Flans is pretty cute too. >And seems reasonably nice, in a frat-boy sort of way. Yeah, like he'd be a friend's older brother - at least, I can sort of see him that way. >Linnell has a certain "Anti-sex appeal" that is to >some of us very sexy. I think Pavement's Stephen Malkmus kind of falls under that category. ever-sincere, eriKa, we went dutch dutch dutch dutch... "It's been cool to be cool for too long now and now it's cool not to be cool." - Ben Folds "Sexual frustration is caused by the Discovery Channel." - Kevan Peden ___________________________________________________________________ Get the Internet just the way you want it. Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access for a month! Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990609173313.46704.qmail@hotmail.com> From: Elendriel ^_^ Subject: TMBG: It's a T-M-B-G Day! Date: Wed, 09 Jun 1999 17:33:12 GMT Now that I've finished twisting Sesame Street to my own purposes i can go on: Today has been great: I meet 2 TMBG fans on the MUSH I play on, and one was influenced enough by my +finger to go out and get a CD by Them! Wow! I recruited somebody and didn't even know it! :P Easily amused, Julie :) --------- The Cerulean Blue Wierdo sez: "There's somebody in my head and it's not me." ---Pink Floyd Hm. I must be on a color scheme or something. ---------- _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <375ED02F.3D11@bgnet.bgsu.edu> Date: Wed, 09 Jun 1999 16:36:00 -0400 From: "K.C." Subject: Re: TMBG: Newbie and a question Flans rocks!!! Linell is neat, too. But, for the month of June I have dyed my normally browny-blondy hair to a real Flans colour, but I still haven't gotten the glasses. Why? Just to look different, and of course, more TMBG-ish. -- K.C. Kless "...I am a snake head eating the head on the opposite side..." Commissioner, TertiArse Fantasy Sports DocWorm@tmbg.org ------------------------------ Message-ID: <375ED089.23EC@bgnet.bgsu.edu> Date: Wed, 09 Jun 1999 16:37:31 -0400 From: "K.C." Subject: TMBG: Favorite Dan Now that we've all flipped out about favorite Johns, let's do favorite Dans (or other non-Johns, I suppose). My favorite Dan is Dan Hickey!!! How bout you? -- K.C. Kless "...I am a snake head eating the head on the opposite side..." Commissioner, TertiArse Fantasy Sports DocWorm@tmbg.org ------------------------------ From: MuseKJ@aol.com Message-ID: <5516d205.24903379@aol.com> Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 17:15:37 EDT Subject: TMBG: Thunderbird Myth Info I saw Nathan mentioned the myth of the Thunderbird in the alt.music.tmbg newsgroup...found the following in The Encyclopedia Mythica. Thought you all might want it for your own personal knowledge. Karen "The Oracle of Delphi" Riley MuseKJ@aol.com Thunder Bird by Gerald Musinsky * ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ -- The Thunder Bird myth is perhaps one of the most wide spread among the Native America. Thunder Bird mythlore can be categorized into two types: as a benevolent (or sometimes malicious) nature deity, or a type in which the bird is not spiritual but corporeal and co-extant with the aboriginal inhabitants of pre-colonial North America. (This latter type, the non-spirit myth, might be the source for legends of giant birds reported in more recent times.) The name Thunder Bird directly refers to a Native American spirit myth. According to Winnebago tradition, "Thunder is a spirit, and it is an emblem of war, it is winged, mighty and awful and it is called the Thunder Bird (Curtis. THE INDIANS BOOK. 252). The Chippewa had a supreme bird, "The Birds eyes were fire, his glance was lightning, and the motions of his wings filled the air with thunder." (Emerson, Indian Myths. 34). Concerning the cause of thunderstorms, "The Mandan supposed that it was because the thunderbird broke through the clouds." (Hodge. Handbook of American Indians. 747) Ancient Aztec priests had envisioned a new home where a gigantic eagle slays and devours a snake. "The legend tells that this vision became a reality... ...a motif identical to a myth known throughout North America: the thunderbird..." (Hultkrantz, The Religions of the North American Indian. 244). The Thunder Bird is a nature spirit shared by most if not all Algonquian tribes. (McClintock, "The Thunderbird Myth I" 170 and 16; also Skinner, "The Algonkin and The Thunderbird" 71-72). The Thunder Bird in the vast majority of Native American myths is benevolent towards humans. "Thunder Bird...was a friend of man...a willing protector; ...also a teacher and, at times, a creator." (Wherry. Indian Masks and Myths of the West 59-60). "It was the Thunderbird who taught the Kwakiutl how to build houses." (Wherry 60-65). An Assiniboin account claims, "...but the old Thunder, or big bird is wise and excellent, he never kills or injures anyone." (Judson. Myths and Legend of the Great Plains. 48) This Comanche story differs, "...a hunter once shot a large bird...it was so large he was afraid to go near it alone..." (Judson, 47). The hunter believed he shot a Thunder Bird. When he returned with the Medicine Man and others from the village, the bird was gone, and the hunter was struck by lightning during the resulting storm. Avian deities of fantastic proportions exist in cultures throughout the world. But in pre-colonial Native America other tales exist which identify a different type of bird and should not be confused with the Thunder Bird nature myth. Not a spirit but an enormous bird of prey, similar to but distinguished from eagles, possessing an appetite for human flesh. One such bird was the piasa, a menace to the Illini and Miamis, "The Bird Who Devours Men". [ See Piasa, Huh-huk,] Related information None * ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ -- Article copyright c MCMXCIX Encyclopedia Mythica. http://www.pantheon.org ------------------------------ Message-ID: <004901beb2c1$83b40d40$349da2d1@tk421> From: "eRiCh" Subject: TMBG: J & J in Austin Powers Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 14:46:20 -0700 I wouldnt be surprised. Quite number of musicians appear in the movie. I get to watch it tonight cause i work at a movie theater and we get an employee screening! i'll let everyone know if I catch them. eRiCh ------------------------------ From: Carroll387@aol.com Message-ID: <346b2076.24903989@aol.com> Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 17:41:29 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Video In a message dated 6/8/99 7:01:51 PM Pacific Daylight Time, Kaylum@aol.com writes: << It's been spotted at many major chain CD stores like Tower and Best Buy, but if you can't find it, any record store can order it for you. Kay >> Thanks Kay! I was just about to say that. Yep! And I do know for a fact that Tower carries that video...I work there. . So, what are you waiting for, Josh? Go out and pick up this great visual gem now! ..and if Tower is all sold out of em then request more or ask for a stock exchange. Uh, I hope that helped you a bit. And I hope to see everyone there at the 20th show! Take care. Bye! ~Carroll387 ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 15:46:16 -0600 Subject: Re: TMBG: Favorite Dan Message-ID: <19990609.155705.4470.0.TMBgirl@juno.com> >Now that we've all flipped out about favorite Johns, let's do favorite >Dans (or other non-Johns, I suppose). >My favorite Dan is Dan Hickey!!! How bout you? danny weinkauf, no doubt about it. :D take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html ___________________________________________________________________ Get the Internet just the way you want it. Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access for a month! Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj. ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 09 Jun 1999 17:09:48 -0500 From: Mike Leffel Message-ID: <375EE62B.884A479B@dragondata.com> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re: J & J in Austin Powers gross apologies. ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 09 Jun 1999 17:08:42 -0500 From: Mike Leffel Message-ID: <375EE5EA.D84F010C@dragondata.com> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re: J & J in Austin Powers eRiCh wrote: > > I wouldnt be surprised. Quite number of musicians appear in the movie. I get > to watch it tonight cause i work at a movie theater and we get an employee > screening! i'll let everyone know if I catch them. eRiCh Damn it. I was going to suggest to you that we record the opening theme song opening night and post it, but eROICBHNAhjaiCh will probably do that first. he's gotta be 14. Mike "I'm 22, and a loser!" Leffel ---there are no losers here, Mike, only smelly alcoholic failures. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <375EED4B.9A56F138@dragondata.com> Date: Wed, 09 Jun 1999 17:40:11 -0500 From: Mike Leffel Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: J & J in Austin Powers eRiCh wrote: > > Why would it matter who psots it first? especially since you said you were > gonna suggest it. And since im first doesnt mean im 14 either, im 19. the > sooner everyone has it the better right? RIGHT!! eRiriRUirFhDFJHFh I am *sorry* for that post... it comes off as son of a bitchy, and I didn't mean that at _all_ .... I had the idea with someone on the list to be cool and post the sound first and when I saw you work in a theater, I gave up wanting, (assuming you'd be better equpped to make one, do it, and therefore eliminate said coolness of my feeble attempts )... and, I never remember which letters in your name are capitalized, and I just IHANo;DLUISHBUDbh typed blurbish, and the 14 thing was my guess as to how old you were, in response to who I was writing to. Not that being 14 (or 19) is bad(*), because I then mocked myself by describing that I'm 22, and I'm an alcoholic loser. But, I don't drink. Nevermind. (*)all you people who I've talked to since you were 14 can help me out here... I am severely sorry if I might have offended you, and I never intended on appearing like that. Again, gross apologies. Mike "Foot and Ass in my mouth" Leffel ------------------------------ From: LimeZinger@aol.com Message-ID: <4ed19ea3.249046ab@aol.com> Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 18:37:31 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Favorite Dan In a message dated 6/9/99 3:35:37 PM, kless@bgnet.bgsu.edu writes: >Now that we've all flipped out about favorite Johns, let's do favorite >Dans (or other non-Johns, I suppose). >My favorite Dan is Dan Hickey!!! How bout you? > miller! ...he's from here, and he's pretty easy on the eyes! ...(did i just say that? yeah, i did.) sarah ------------------------------ From: LimeZinger@aol.com Message-ID: <7881c323.249045d8@aol.com> Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 18:34:00 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: everything? In a message dated 6/9/99 9:39:36 AM, miker@stardatecomputer.com writes: >The links in the writeups are created by people (like you and me, >anybody) who, when they write the writeups, put [brackets] about a word >to create [link]s to other nodes. YES, it's just that simple! yes, i've figured that out. now i'm totally addicted to this site. i'm "linnellgirl" on there, by the way. sarah ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990610011248.26134.rocketmail@web4.rocketmail.com> Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 18:12:48 -0700 (PDT) From: Agent Felicity Shagwell Subject: Re: TMBG: Favorite Dan === I like a view but I like to sit with my back turned to it. --Gertrude Stein ---"K.C." wrote: > > Now that we've all flipped out about favorite Johns, let's do favorite > Dans (or other non-Johns, I suppose). > My favorite Dan is Dan Hickey!!! How bout you? Dan Hickey. Woo hoo hubba hubba hey baby yeah! _________________________________________________________ DO YOU YAHOO!? Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com ------------------------------ From: MuseKJ@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 22:01:59 EDT Subject: TMBG: A site many of you have seen before? Hi again everyone :-) I just found this page on Amazon.com that has a list of musical artists and what their personal fave music is. John Flansburgh and Andy Partridge are included on there. I'm not sure how old these listings are, or if any of you on the list have discovered it already, but here is the URL to the site: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/subst/music/recs/artists-picks/archive.html/ 002-2385720-7415827 Karen "Just an ole Cowhand, from the Rio Grande" Riley MuseKJ@aol.com ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 22:23:16 -0400 Subject: TMBG: Re: Favorite Dan Message-ID: <19990609.223441.17158.1.hotel_detective1@juno.com> From: "Cap'n eriKa rae" I don't have a favorite Dan - I've never seen any of the Dans. I don't know one Dan from the other - they all just become some horrible blur, smeared by too much Nyquil and that incident with the blender! I feel so horribly inadequate! ever-sincere, eriKa, tune in next week to see Mike Leffel's heartfelt apologies on Touched By An Angel (aw). "It's been cool to be cool for too long now and now it's cool not to be cool." - Ben Folds "Sexual frustration is caused by the Discovery Channel." - Kevan Peden ___________________________________________________________________ Get the Internet just the way you want it. Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access for a month! Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj. ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 09 Jun 1999 21:54:11 -0500 From: Mike Leffel Message-ID: <375F28D3.1D26C097@dragondata.com> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re: Favorite Dan > ever-sincere, > eriKa, > tune in next week to see Mike Leffel's heartfelt apologies on Touched By > An Angel (aw). > You will all perish under my firey powers. Mike "SEVEN DAYS FROM THE SKY" Leffel ------------------------------ From: LimeZinger@aol.com Message-ID: <5f53fdd8.2490889a@aol.com> Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 23:18:50 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Favorite Dan In a message dated 6/9/99 9:35:27 PM, hotel_detective1@juno.com writes: > >I don't have a favorite Dan - I've never seen any of the Dans. I don't >know one Dan from the other - they all just become some horrible blur, >smeared by too much Nyquil and that incident with the blender! I >feel so horribly inadequate! awww, c'mon, no excuses! there are tons of concert pics online! :) {hint hint, look below} sarah http://members.aol.com/limezinger/index2.html ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 23:17:03 -0500 From: "Jay G." Message-ID: <7jncj1$l68$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Favorite Dan wrote... > > In a message dated 6/9/99 9:35:27 PM, hotel_detective1@juno.com writes: > > > >I don't have a favorite Dan - I've never seen any of the Dans. I don't > >know one Dan from the other - they all just become some horrible blur, > >smeared by too much Nyquil and that incident with the blender! I > >feel so horribly inadequate! > > awww, c'mon, no excuses! there are tons of concert pics online! :) {hint > hint, look below} So we are supposed to judge them just on looks? I don't think I can do that. -Jay ------------------------------ From: LimeZinger@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 00:08:48 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Favorite Dan In a message dated 6/9/99 11:07:31 PM, Jay@tmbg.org writes: >So we are supposed to judge them just on looks? I don't think I can do >that. > no.. well.. not entirely... ;) she just said she didn't know which dan was which, and --- i was just trying to help! ::sigh:: ~sarah ------------------------------ Message-ID: Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 00:57:04 -0400 (EDT) From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Favorite Dan Excerpts from internet.music.tmbg: 9-Jun-99 TMBG: Re: Favorite Dan by "Cap'n eriKa rae"@juno.c > I don't have a favorite Dan - I've never seen any of the Dans. I don't > know one Dan from the other - they all just become some horrible blur, > smeared by too much Nyquil and that incident with the blender! I > feel so horribly inadequate! you could just tell us your favorite Graham instead... :) Lawrence Solomon http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~lps/ zaph@tmbg.org "Just because you're floating doesn't mean * This space inadvertently you haven't drowned." -They Might Be Giants * left with stuff in it. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990610050007.84787.qmail@hotmail.com> From: Josh Buckland Subject: Re: TMBG: Video Date: Wed, 09 Jun 1999 22:00:07 PDT >So, what are you >waiting for, Josh? > I'm waiting for a Tower or Best Buy to open up around here, and so far I haven't heard anything about new stores in the area. Plus, I don't do on-line purchasing. So, am I screwed, or does anyone happen to know if I should have faith in Waves? Josh Buckland dilbert_2000@hotmail.com ICQ#: 17262308 contact me! http://www.angelfire.com/va/ozzyfest/index.html "I'd give my life to be dead." -Francesco Dellamorte, "Cemetery Man" _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990610050501.72546.qmail@hotmail.com> From: Josh Buckland Subject: TMBG: Song that hooked me Date: Wed, 09 Jun 1999 22:05:01 PDT Most definantly "It's a Sin", by the Pet Shop Boys. Josh Buckland dilbert_2000@hotmail.com ICQ#: 17262308 contact me! http://www.angelfire.com/va/ozzyfest/index.html "I'd give my life to be dead." -Francesco Dellamorte, "Cemetery Man" _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990610050440.14956.qmail@hotmail.com> From: Josh Buckland Subject: TMBG: Song that hooked me Date: Wed, 09 Jun 1999 22:04:40 PDT Most definantly "It's a Sin", by the Pet Shop Boys. Josh Buckland dilbert_2000@hotmail.com ICQ#: 17262308 contact me! http://www.angelfire.com/va/ozzyfest/index.html "I'd give my life to be dead." -Francesco Dellamorte, "Cemetery Man" _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ From: LimeZinger@aol.com Message-ID: <19e8c772.2490a15e@aol.com> Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 01:04:30 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Video ohhhhelivesinahouse,averybighouseinthecountry.. In a message dated 6/10/99 1:01:04 AM, dilbert_2000@hotmail.com writes: > >I'm waiting for a Tower or Best Buy to open up around here, you don't have any other stores? or relatives or friends ... around the country that can get it for you? >So, am I screwed, or does anyone happen to know if I should have faith >in >Waves? ::wave:: did you get it now? sarah ------------------------------ From: Kaylum@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 01:10:19 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Song that hooked me In a message dated 6/10/99 0:06:22 AM EST, dilbert_2000@hotmail.com writes: << Most definantly "It's a Sin", by the Pet Shop Boys. >> Oooh, I must add this to my list of songs I'd love to hear TMBG cover :) Kay ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990610052151.77277.qmail@hotmail.com> From: Josh Buckland Subject: Re: TMBG: Video Date: Wed, 09 Jun 1999 22:21:51 PDT > >you don't have any other stores? > >or relatives or friends ... around the country that can get it for you? > > My relatives suck. They wouldn't know TMBG even if you cranked up "Ana Ng" right next to their ears and screamed "Hear this, it's by They Might Be Giants!!!" They'd say "Who? What kind of name is 'Hey, Fright-Peed Bryants'" And, no, the only other music store around here is Crossroads, but I think it's the only one that exists. Although there IS this really hot chic who works there that has red-purple hair... Josh Buckland dilbert_2000@hotmail.com ICQ#: 17262308 contact me! http://www.angelfire.com/va/ozzyfest/index.html "I'd give my life to be dead." -Francesco Dellamorte, "Cemetery Man" _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #18-10 ******************************