Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #18-11 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 18, Number 11 Friday, 11 June 1999 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: Video TMBG: lincoln (cd) and that guy! TMBG: Austin Powers: The Result TMBG: The Hunt for DFB TMBG: SETI update - myths debunked TMBG: Re: A site many of you have seen before? TMBG: Re: Austin Powers: The Result Re: TMBG: Thunderbird Myth Info Re: TMBG: Re: Favorite Dan Re: TMBG: Re: Favorite Dan TMBG: Re: Favorite Dan Re: TMBG: Austin Powers: The Result TMBG: The arm of the voodoo doll, and significantly numbered tracks TMBG: please dont kill me Re: TMBG: Re: Favorite Dan TMBG: Re: Favorite Dan TMBG: favorite bert Re: TMBG: favorite bert TMBG: James "Thunderbird" Polk Re: TMBG: Thunderbird Myth Info Re: TMBG: The arm of the voodoo doll, and significantly numbered TMBG: Fwd: [JamallyOllyOlly] mooning time TMBG: my fav. dan and a sort of.. complaint Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 02:01:38 -0500 From: "Jay G." Message-ID: <7jnm7r$sch$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: Video Josh Buckland wrote ... > >you don't have any other stores? > > > >or relatives or friends ... around the country that can get it for you? > > My relatives suck. They wouldn't know TMBG even if you cranked up "Ana Ng" > right next to their ears and screamed "Hear this, it's by They Might Be > Giants!!!" They'd say "Who? What kind of name is 'Hey, Fright-Peed > Bryants'" Might want to turn the music long enough for them to hear what you're saying. > > And, no, the only other music store around here is Crossroads, but I think > it's the only one that exists. Although there IS this really hot chic who > works there that has red-purple hair... So, go ask the red-purpled hair girl if she can special order it for you, and if she say's "who?" you can tell her about them while she writes up the order. After all, you don't want to be known as the freak who just comes around to catch her eye.... -Jay ------------------------------ From: LimeZinger@aol.com Message-ID: <5a777001.2490c391@aol.com> Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 03:30:25 EDT Subject: TMBG: lincoln (cd) and that guy! i was looking at something completely not-tmbg, and this caught my eye on the side of the page.. THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS - LINCOLN (ends in 3 days, 15:26:55) http://auctions.amazon.com/exec/varzea/ts/auction-glance/Y01X0293544X0004743/r ef=ae_xsell_category/002-9599282-2254854 ..no bids on it.. for $5. but that's not even all.. that little cartoon guy looks like he just jumped out of the istanbul video. does he not? sarah~who probably needs some sleep http://members.aol.com/limezinger looksathiswatch..he'sontime...yetagain ------------------------------ Message-ID: <000501beb31d$9a46b060$c19da2d1@tk421> From: "eRiCh" Subject: TMBG: Austin Powers: The Result Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 01:45:32 -0700 Well I saw Austin Powers 2 tonight. If you dont want me to spoil anything delete now. if you dont car, scroll down please....... \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ Welcome all who dont mind knowing before hand. All I had to say to my friend about the song was: "awwwww" because it was only 5 seconds long!! the music started off during the new line logo and I said to my friends (who knows of them through me and my friend but arent fans) "that's they might be giants!" and Sister Puff comes in and sings "evvvvil something something this and that evil..." and then a narrator comes in during some star wars like scrolling titles and thats it!! I didnt see J & J in the flick at all and they started the song again during the end credits but we got nothing more than before. if they were on the soundtrack it woulda been the whole song but damn i was mega dissapointed!!! i couldnt find my tape recorder so its up to someone else if they want to tape it......*sigh* eRiCh ------------------------------ Message-ID: <375FA116.97341CEE@pacificnet.net> Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 04:27:24 -0700 From: Bongo Subject: TMBG: The Hunt for DFB Various people wondered: << Anybody know where can find "Direct from Brooklyn"? I can't find the little sucker ANYWHERE! >> I've checked two Best Buys and two Towers in my area and no luck. I didn't want to take chances with TMBG's often sloooow mail order so I ordered it from CD Now. Now they tell me its back ordered! I think CD Now is kind of screwed up temporarily because of their Music Boulevard merger. In general though, I've had good experiences with them. Plus it so fun to browse there. -B O N G O _________________________________________________________________________ Our solar system is just a teardrop in the eye of a rare bird who nearly never cries. -Geggy Tah ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 07:56:22 -0400 (EDT) From: Josh Axelrad Subject: TMBG: SETI update - myths debunked Message-ID: Hello, I am sure some of you have read the stories saying how SETI @home has been having a lot of problems. It is true they have been having problems, but it is not really as big news as people are making it out to be. They have announced on their page for a while that they are purposely sending out duplicate packets while they are fixing up their system. This is not some huge bug or anything, it is just a way they can continue to allow people to work on the project while they fix their system. They also are aware that some groups are cheating, which implies to me that those groups will be removed from the list which will help us more. They also are aware and list on their page that the updates of statistics are slow. Do not be discouraged by your stats not being updated, it took at least 2 days for it to start recording my completed units but now it has.... On a lighter note: Team TMBG now has 47 members! We really are doing great and I hope you are all having fun with this. I really think once the dust settles and everything is working more consistantly we will find ourselves as one of the top 100 groups. Just hang in there! -- Jish http://seti.tmbg.net/ ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 04:13:13 -0400 From: The Great Quux Message-ID: <375F7399.4954AB86@stardatecomputer.com> Organization: Stardate Computer Systems Subject: TMBG: Re: A site many of you have seen before? MuseKJ@aol.com wrote: > I just found this page on Amazon.com that has a list of musical artists and Thanks for the URL -- those are some pretty cool questions ("What CD do you listen to when you're feeling sorry for yourself?"). > http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/subst/music/recs/artists-picks/archive.html/ > 002-2385720-7415827 -- Mike Russo, www.walrus.com/~stardate, Brooklyn, NY -- "It's kind of silly when [fans are] making pie graphs about set list openers. But then, I always liked a good graph." --Mike Gordon, interview with Detroit Free Press 12/5/97 ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 04:15:07 -0400 From: The Great Quux Message-ID: <375F740B.13A72B5B@stardatecomputer.com> Organization: Stardate Computer Systems Subject: TMBG: Re: Austin Powers: The Result eRiCh wrote: > > Well I saw Austin Powers 2 tonight. If you dont want me to spoil anything > delete now. if you dont car, scroll down please....... > \ > \ > \ > \ > \ > \ > \ > \ > \ > \ > \ > Welcome all who dont mind knowing before hand. All I had to say to my friend > about the song was: "awwwww" because it was only 5 seconds long!! the music Hollywood sucks. -- Mike Russo, www.walrus.com/~stardate, Brooklyn, NY -- "It's kind of silly when [fans are] making pie graphs about set list openers. But then, I always liked a good graph." --Mike Gordon, interview with Detroit Free Press 12/5/97 ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990610150827.89077.qmail@hotmail.com> From: Nathan Mulac DeHoff Subject: Re: TMBG: Thunderbird Myth Info Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 08:08:26 PDT Karen Riley wrote: >But in pre-colonial Native America other tales exist which identify a >different type of bird and should not be confused with the Thunder >Bird >nature myth. Not a spirit but an enormous bird of prey, similar to >but >distinguished from eagles, possessing an appetite for human flesh. He's a thirsty bird with a taste for human skin. Anyway, did anyone see any connection between the Thunderbird myth and the TMBG song? Maybe I'll think about it some more later. Or maybe we'll get more (or perhaps less) insight into the song when the full version of "On Earth My Nina" is released. Incidentally, has anyone else noticed how similar the opening lines of "Thunderbird" are to those of "James K. Polk"? -- May the light shine upon thee, Nathan Mulac "I know I know I said that I would quit" DeHoff DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <375FD5F3.41285E39@rosevc.rose-hulman.edu> Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 10:12:51 -0500 From: Chad Maloney Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Favorite Dan Lawrence P Solomon wrote: > > Excerpts from internet.music.tmbg: 9-Jun-99 TMBG: Re: Favorite Dan by > "Cap'n eriKa rae"@juno.c > > I don't have a favorite Dan - I've never seen any of the Dans. I don't > > know one Dan from the other - they all just become some horrible blur, > > smeared by too much Nyquil and that incident with the blender! I > > feel so horribly inadequate! > > you could just tell us your favorite Graham instead... :) My favorite Graham is definitely Graham Maby. He grooves so much better than of all the other Grahams that were in the band with him. Chad "Please choose one of the following: blue" Maloney ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990610152316.76017.qmail@hotmail.com> From: Nathan Mulac DeHoff Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Favorite Dan Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 08:23:16 PDT Lawrence P Solomon wrote: >Excerpts from internet.music.tmbg: 9-Jun-99 TMBG: Re: Favorite Dan by >"Cap'n eriKa rae"@juno.c > > I don't have a favorite Dan - I've never seen any of the Dans. I > > >don't > > know one Dan from the other - they all just become some horrible > > >blur, > > smeared by too much Nyquil and that incident with the blender! > > >I feel so horribly inadequate! > >you could just tell us your favorite Graham instead... :) Graham Crackers, I think. Or maybe Alexander Graham Bell. -- May the light shine upon thee, Nathan Mulac "All right, now who's your favourite Hal?" DeHoff DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 11:01:08 -0400 Subject: TMBG: Re: Favorite Dan Message-ID: <19990610.112602.24934.0.hotel_detective1@juno.com> From: "Cap'n eriKa rae" Sarah tried to use peer pressure for me to pick a Dan! : >awww, c'mon, no excuses! there are tons of concert pics online! :) {hint >hint, look below} If only I could... Then Jay G. scolded: >So we are supposed to judge them just on looks? I don't think I can do >that. Well, I have to go on something... Then Lawrence created an alternate situation: >you could just tell us your favorite Graham instead... :) Aw, hell. I choose Frank London. ever-sincere, eriKa, Dans... Johns... Grahams... IT'S ALL TOO MUCH! "It's been cool to be cool for too long now and now it's cool not to be cool." - Ben Folds "Sexual frustration is caused by the Discovery Channel." - Kevan Peden ___________________________________________________________________ Get the Internet just the way you want it. Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access for a month! Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990610152445.54817.qmail@hotmail.com> From: Nathan Mulac DeHoff Subject: Re: TMBG: Austin Powers: The Result Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 08:24:44 PDT eRiCh wrote: >if you dont car, scroll down please....... No, I don't car. I do bus sometimes, though. -- May the light shine upon thee, Nathan Mulac "I don't want to be first in line to see Mrs. Train" DeHoff DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990610153847.60421.qmail@hotmail.com> From: Nathan Mulac DeHoff Subject: TMBG: The arm of the voodoo doll, and significantly numbered tracks Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 08:38:47 PDT I was thinking about some TMBG-related things this morning, and here are some of the ideas that came to my mind: First of all, in "Cyclops Rock," there's a line saying something like "Chuckie's arm keeps me company." Now, I don't like horror movies, but Chuckie was a doll, right? Could there be some connection between this and the voodoo doll that resembles a Republican President from long ago? Probably not, but I did find the connection interesting. Also, I noticed that "Lullaby To Nightmares" is the thirteenth track on _Long Tall Weekend_. Considering its subject matter, this seems to be an appropriate place for it. The only other songs I can think of that are on significantly numbered tracks are "Number Three" (which is in the obvious position on both the pink album and the demo tape), and Gloria's message (which isn't really a song, but is the thirteenth track on _Miscellaneous T_). Are there any other examples of this phenomenon? -- May the light shine upon thee, Nathan Mulac "It was sweet, like lead paint is sweet" DeHoff DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ From: MrUsaJapan@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 12:01:13 EDT Subject: TMBG: please dont kill me first time emailer, long time reader, Hi,um..I'm afraid I'm going to have to be annoying for a sec, and request that i get taken off this list for awhile. Only, i never can not remember how. I have to get off because my non fan friend is taking over the name. But i will be back on my new name. PLease, Listers, find it in your heart to help a obliviuos soul. -Ah! Johnson ------------------------------ From: phone_book@juno.com Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 12:23:13 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Favorite Dan Message-ID: <19990610.122319.-171463.0.phone_book@juno.com> oh captain, my captain stated: > Then Jay G. scolded: > >So we are supposed to judge them just on looks? I don't think I can > do > >that. > > Well, I have to go on something... certainly. wait. does this mean i'm not your favorite jay? oh, sigh, i've danced the streets with a wet t-shirt clinging to my nonexistent biceps sans any sort of gain! though i'm told i bear a striking resemblence to ricki martin, if he were white and short and a bit more heavyset. say it ain't so ... and if it is, by the way, choose dan miller. he plays guitar. hoorah. but i wouldn't know about his attraction level. er. well. > Then Lawrence created an alternate situation: > >you could just tell us your favorite Graham instead... :) > > Aw, hell. I choose Frank London. good choice. that's mr. solomon, by the way. ;) not only--but especially for!--the ladies, jay, who thinks natalie portman doesn't look the least bit jewish ___________________________________________________________________ Get the Internet just the way you want it. Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access for a month! Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj. ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 13:37:02 -0400 Subject: TMBG: Re: Favorite Dan Message-ID: <19990610.133702.23790.0.hotel_detective1@juno.com> From: "Cap'n eriKa rae" jay, the spokesperson for the latin community of northern Kentucky: >certainly. wait. does this mean i'm not your favorite jay? Of course you are, Kitten. You're the one who's suddenly "especially for the ladies." You got some 'splainin' to do. >oh, sigh, i've danced the streets with a wet t-shirt clinging to my nonexistent biceps sans any sort of gain! >though i'm told i bear a striking resemblence to ricki martin, if he were white and short and a bit more >heavyset. And don't think I don't appreciate it! >say it ain't so ... and if it is, by the way, choose dan miller. he plays guitar. hoorah. It ain't so, but alright. My favorite Dan is now jay, or something. >but i wouldn't know about his attraction level. er. well. One way to check: are there screaming girls outside your house? Or: are there screaming girls in New York that are eagerly pushing TMBG out of the polls to play your video? ever-sincere, eriKa, or: are you on the cover of anything called "Hottie Heaven"? "It's been cool to be cool for too long now and now it's cool not to be cool." - Ben Folds "Sexual frustration is caused by the Discovery Channel." - Kevan Peden ___________________________________________________________________ Get the Internet just the way you want it. Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access for a month! Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj. ------------------------------ Message-Id: <375FF771.22C39170@mail.hcc.cc.fl.us> Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 13:35:47 -0400 From: Bert Rubini Organization: none Subject: TMBG: favorite bert > Now that we've all flipped out about favorite Johns, let's do favorite > Dans (or other non-Johns, I suppose). > I have an even better idea, let's do favorite person named bert. Only members of this mailing list are eligible. bert ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990610194723.89649.qmail@hotmail.com> From: Nathan Mulac DeHoff Subject: Re: TMBG: favorite bert Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 12:47:23 PDT Bert Rubini wrote: > > Now that we've all flipped out about favorite Johns, let's do > > >favorite Dans (or other non-Johns, I suppose). > > >I have an even better idea, let's do favorite person named >bert. Only members of this mailing list are eligible. What about the Bert who lives with Ernie? Is he on this list? -- May the light shine upon thee, Nathan Mulac "The one and only living doll" DeHoff DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 15:31:13 -0500 From: "Jay G." Message-ID: <7jp5lj$1m0o$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: James "Thunderbird" Polk Nathan Mulac DeHoff wrote... > > Incidentally, has anyone else noticed how similar the opening lines of > "Thunderbird" are to those of "James K. Polk"? Yes! I noticed this too, about a week ago, but I forgot to post it. As far as I can tell, the first two lines of each song use the exact same sequence of notes. Think about it, first sing: "In 1844, the democrats were split, the 3 candidates for the presidential candidate." Now sing: "I know, I know, I said that I would quit, Or I'd have promised no more after this." Of course, that's all the 2 songs have in common, since the rest of the songs are totally different. -Jay ------------------------------ From: LimeZinger@aol.com Message-ID: <906eceba.24917495@aol.com> Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 16:05:41 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Thunderbird Myth Info In a message dated 6/10/99 10:09:41 AM, xornom@hotmail.com writes: >Incidentally, has anyone else noticed how similar the opening lines of > >"Thunderbird" are to those of "James K. Polk"? how about JKP and edith head? dun, *duhduhdun*, duhduhdun, *duhduhdun*... sarah ------------------------------ From: GhostKrabb@webtv.net (Dexter Flansburgh) Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 14:57:45 -0700 (PDT) Subject: Re: TMBG: The arm of the voodoo doll, and significantly numbered Message-ID: <2875-376034D9-7414@postoffice-241.iap.bryant.webtv.net> Oooh! I know one! "The End of the Tour" is at THE END of John Henry! How's that? -dex ------------------------------ From: Dude-Just-Dude@webtv.net (Dude Menes) Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 16:04:35 -0700 (PDT) Subject: TMBG: Fwd: [JamallyOllyOlly] mooning time Message-ID: <24121-37604483-4343@postoffice-243.iap.bryant.webtv.net> --WebTV-Mail-1456147461-2491 Content-Type: Text/Plain; Charset=US-ASCII Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7Bit --WebTV-Mail-1456147461-2491 Content-Description: signature Content-Disposition: Inline Content-Type: Text/HTML; Charset=US-ASCII Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7Bit
Beer.com -- Official Beer of the Internet
Live long, Have sex, Drink beer!!!!!!!!! --WebTV-Mail-1456147461-2491 Content-Disposition: Inline Content-Type: Message/RFC822 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7Bit Received: from mailsorter-102-2.iap.bryant.webtv.net (209.240.198.99) by postoffice-241.iap.bryant.webtv.net; Tue, 8 Jun 1999 06:23:48 -0700 (PDT) Return-Path: Received: from onelist.com (pop.onelist.com [209.207.135.253]) by mailsorter-102-2.iap.bryant.webtv.net (8.8.8/ms.graham.14Aug97) with SMTP id GAA14693 for ; Tue, 8 Jun 1999 06:23:48 -0700 (PDT) Received: (qmail 1741 invoked by alias); 8 Jun 1999 13:23:31 -0000 Received: (qmail 1734 invoked from network); 8 Jun 1999 13:23:30 -0000 Received: from unknown (HELO mailsorter-105-1.bryant.webtv.net) (209.240.198.119) by pop.onelist.com with SMTP; 8 Jun 1999 13:23:30 -0000 Received: from postoffice-242.iap.bryant.webtv.net (postoffice-242.iap.bryant.webtv.net [209.240.199.90]) by mailsorter-105-1.bryant.webtv.net (8.8.8/ms.gso.08Dec97) with ESMTP id GAA07531; Tue, 8 Jun 1999 06:23:46 -0700 (PDT) Received: (from production@localhost) by postoffice-242.iap.bryant.webtv.net (8.8.8/po.gso.24Feb98) id GAA29663; Tue, 8 Jun 1999 06:23:46 -0700 (PDT) X-WebTV-Signature: 1 ETAsAhUArzuVfQIdnMNiP4L0u5pODxJbve8CEzi4jtsg4F2v8+vkjT0sdz2Walc= From: Sensurround@webtv.net (Ghost Krabb) Date: Tue, 8 Jun 1999 06:23:46 -0700 (PDT) To: JamallyOllyOlly@onelist.com Message-ID: <22348-375D1962-30499@postoffice-242.iap.bryant.webtv.net> X-WebTV-Stationery: Standard; Background="http://members.tripod.com/~aaaa_na1/backs2/coloredsprinkles.jpg"; TextColor=white Mailing-List: list JamallyOllyOlly@onelist.com; contact JamallyOllyOlly-owner@onelist.com Delivered-To: mailing list JamallyOllyOlly@onelist.com Precedence: bulk List-Unsubscribe: Reply-to: JamallyOllyOlly@onelist.com Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: Multipart/Mixed; Boundary=WebTV-Mail-546934316-17664 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7Bit Subject: [JamallyOllyOlly] mooning time --WebTV-Mail-546934316-17664 Content-Type: Text/Plain; Charset=US-ASCII Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7Bit --WebTV-Mail-546934316-17664 Content-Description: signature Content-Disposition: Inline Content-Type: Text/HTML; Charset=US-ASCII Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7Bit TMBG Click on the picture of John & John to visit the home of They Might Be Giants! Click to hear a different TMBG midi "If I were a carpenter I'd hammer on my piglet. I'd collect the 7 dollars and I'd buy a big prosthetic forehead and wear it on my real head." --WebTV-Mail-546934316-17664 X-URL-Title: mooning time Content-Disposition: Inline Content-Type: Text/Plain; Charset=US-ASCII Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7Bit http://www.foggys-funnies.com/moon.htm --WebTV-Mail-546934316-17664-- --WebTV-Mail-1456147461-2491-- ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990610232216.7714.rocketmail@web216.mail.yahoo.com> Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 16:22:16 -0700 (PDT) From: KRS Tyler Subject: TMBG: my fav. dan and a sort of.. complaint My favorite dan is deffinatly Dan Hickey he's just so cool looking (especially when he played the glockenspley {i can't spell} at the rochester show) but that's not why i'm writing this e-mail, i have to ask you all a (possibly offensive) question. The relativly new tmbg songs. in my opinion they aren't they great, mainly Cycloptic Rock and Edith Head but, on the other hand "Finished With Lies" is just an awsome song (yet agian this is opinion ative) I read an interview once that said the Johns write the songs they sing, and since Flans Sings "Cycloptic Rock" i'm assumeing he wrote it. and vise versa w/ "Finshed W/ Lies" Now i maybe jumping the gun here (or i could just be parinoid) but i think Flans' music writing ability is becomeing somewhat "washed up" or "dried out" but not linnell. I'm just hoping that i'm blatently wrong, because when the next album (real album [not childrens or mp3 or whatever]) It's gonna be not tmbg's regular star quality. Sorry if this offends you feel free to discuss or correct me on saying who wrote it === Chris Tyler Check out my sites: http://www.angelfire.com/ny2/12rods http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/stadium/8282 http://www.angelfire.com/ny/gamersquad _________________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #18-11 ******************************