Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #18-16 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 18, Number 16 Wednesday, 16 June 1999 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: labels? TMBG: Drive Away in a Used Lincoln for Free (...Again!) TMBG: Re:Download mp3 "Dr. Evil" from Austin Powers II!! Re: TMBG: labels? TMBG: new album and the power of the fans TMBG: STILL need more songs... TMBG: Re: new album and the power of the fans Re: TMBG: labels? TMBG: STD + Bonus Tracks @ CDNOW TMBG: Fwd: First Book on MP3 Internet Music and Radio Technology... Re: TMBG: new album and the power of the fans TMBG: TMBG in Kheer Magazine TMBG: LoDo Music Fest News. Re: Non-TMBG: The nightmare before christmas TMBG: Re: STILL need more songs... TMBG: Info on Central Park show 6/20 (long post) Re: TMBG: Re:Download mp3 "Dr. Evil" from Austin Powers II!! TMBG: Fairfax pictures Re: TMBG: Info on Central Park show 6/20 (long post) TMBG: SETI Update! Great job! Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: EmarZero@aol.com Message-ID: <5e6ccdf2.2497852d@aol.com> Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 06:30:05 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: labels? In a message dated 99-06-14 23:26:54 EDT, ctyner@clemson.edu writes: > >Can anyone think of others that fit into either category? I *may* be wrong, but isn't the MMPR version of Sensurround a *tad* slower, or at least melllower, than the S-E-X-X-Y version? I don't remember, as my brother BROKE my MMPR album... ------------------------------ Message-ID: <37662CF2.3E7C1511@pacificnet.net> Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 03:37:42 -0700 From: Bongo Subject: TMBG: Drive Away in a Used Lincoln for Free (...Again!) Mike Leffel wrote: >Mike "Perhaps I should listen to these bands" Leffel [Referring to Lincoln and Geggy Tah] A few months ago, I found a couple of copies of Lincoln's CD in a used bin for about 49 cents each. I offered them to the first two people who asked for them. All they had to do is send me a SASE (or just stamps even). About five people responded. I offered them to the first two but neither of them ever wrote me. (You can't GIVE these things away!!!) I didn't save the runner-ups names so now I'm officially declaring a new Lincoln giveaway. E-mail me (off the list) to enter. This is the band that John and John liked enough to have open for them! Its the band that Mike Leffel expressed mild curiosity in! Listee TDK made a web page about them! And I rank them as one of my Top 20 Favorite Bands. Yes everyone loves Lincoln! And you might too. -B O N G O _________________________________ "Which side of the tracks are you on? Both sides because the world is round." -Geggy Tah ------------------------------ Message-ID: <376630EB.995C1619@pacificnet.net> Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 03:54:40 -0700 From: Bongo Subject: TMBG: Re:Download mp3 "Dr. Evil" from Austin Powers II!! Robert Plass wrote: >I went to go see Austin Powers II on opening day, 6/11/99, and >I snuck in my MiniDisc Recorder and recorded the 1st minute >of the audio track, featuring Robin "Goldie" Goldwasser singing >"Dr. Evil". It came out really good and I made an mp3 of it. >http://i.am/announcement/ I just listened to it and it's amazingly clear. What's more amazing is that the audience you saw it with was so quiet!!! When I saw it, there was lots of yelling and laughing in that part. When the audience saw the Star Wars scrolling text they laughed uncontrollably. (I have no idea why. Simply making a reference to Star Wars isn't funny. Where's the joke in that?) Anyway, thanks for sharing it with us. By the way, I was at the Virgin Megastore and I saw a Special Edition of the Austin Powers 2 Soundtrack. I was hoping it would have extra tracks but it doesn't. The only difference is the packaging and the fact that it costs twice as much. -B O N G O ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990615113919.47999.qmail@hotmail.com> From: Nathan Mulac DeHoff Subject: Re: TMBG: labels? Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 04:39:18 PDT Matt James wrote: >I'm trying to think of all of the TMBG songs that were sped up: >1) WDTSS? >2) They Got Lost > >And those that slowed down: >1) Ana Ng (post caffeine overload days) > >Can anyone think of others that fit into either category? I believe They sometimes do a slow version of "Meet James Ensor" during concerts. This isn't the version that made it to _Severe Tire Damage_, though. -- May the light shine upon thee, Nathan Mulac "Belgium's famous waffle" DeHoff DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990615140923.68783.qmail@hotmail.com> From: Chris Haufschild Subject: TMBG: new album and the power of the fans Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 07:09:22 PDT ------------------------------ From: "Adam Varn" Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 11:37:58 -500 Subject: TMBG: STILL need more songs... Message-id: <37667356.fe.0@alpha> Wow! I got an overwhelming response yesterday, recieving 28 new songs. Well, that is great, but I know that there are more still out there, mainly Dial-A-Song stuff. If anyone has mp3s of songs, please upload them at 199.44.121.138 login: tmbg pass: tmbg The sooner I get them all, the quicker the studio stuff comes down. This is the last request I am going to make, so please act now! Thanks, MrSparkle http://xooming.to/tmbgland ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 10:45:32 -0500 From: Mike Leffel Message-ID: <3766751C.8CCBAFAC@dragondata.com> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re: new album and the power of the fans > Also, I am sure that this list has a very large readership and that if we all bound > together in some way, we may be able to gain the recognition and perhaps > even sway the Johns into a venture such as this new album. I have really no > clue of HOW to do this, but it is an idea! Please give your input!! > I don't mean to blast any particular person, group, or idea, but you asked for input. I personally don't really think that people should pester the Johns. And from what I've seen, they get quite pestered enough. Telling them what kind of albums to make, what songs should be on it, and how they should dress for what monkey god on which holy date is really silly. Yeah Yeah, I know. "We're the fans, we buy the stuff, they should pander to us." Creativity don't work that way, kiddies. Marketing does. You want marketing? Look at the slobbering masses outside your door, racing to buy the next limited edition beanie baby or Ricky Martin poster. I however, want creativity. What They Might Be Giants deliver is special, and I think it lessens their importance if you start bothering them like that. Don't like the no studio albums? Wah. Tired of their concerts? Wah. What's the deal with never releasing Song X from the unreleased Matt's Life Savings album? Boo Freaking Hoo. You get on their nerves, and they might just be not happy about music any more. I'd rather let them burn out on their own, and not have 'fans' be the ignition. "It was really a fun gig until those people started popping out of our bedroom closets at three in the morning asking for studio albums! I mean, the setlists were one thing, but come on!" ---John Flansburgh, March 14, 2002, Weekly Reader. Mike "In The Middle!" Leffel ^_^ ---oddly grumpy on a topic that influences his life zip. Sorry, but to me, asking the Johns to do such and such crosses the border from 'fandom' to 'I think I own you, jump for nickels my little toad". ------------------------------ Message-Id: <4.1.19990615115918.0091da50@130.127.28.14> Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 12:00:01 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: labels? It sounds faster to me for the most part, aside from the bridge, which is actually kind of slow and mellow in both, but much funkier in the S-E-X-X-Y version. -Adam At 06:30 AM 6/15/99, EmarZero@aol.com wrote: > >I *may* be wrong, but isn't the MMPR version of Sensurround a *tad* slower, >or at least melllower, than the S-E-X-X-Y version? I don't remember, as my >brother BROKE my MMPR album... -- Adam, fighting the forces of crappy web sites! http://www.he-man.org/ (Masters of the Universe) http://www.daddies.org/ (Cherry Poppin' Daddies) http://www.clemson.edu/~ctyner/ (Everything else!) ------------------------------ Message-Id: From: "Steel, W Lee" Subject: TMBG: STD + Bonus Tracks @ CDNOW Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 13:16:42 -0400 Let me state for the record that the copy of Severe Tire Damage + Bonus Tracks being advertised at CDNOW for way too much money is nothing more than a Japanese Import of the very same STD that we all know and love. Please rest assured that this copy is already in the mail headed back to CDNOW un-opened. Hey....I tried. Lee Steel Pfizer Engineering x23660 pager: (860) 760-6206 ------------------------------ From: MuseKJ@aol.com Message-ID: <6f32593c.2497e165@aol.com> Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 13:03:33 EDT Subject: TMBG: Fwd: First Book on MP3 Internet Music and Radio Technology... Got this in my mail box today...have a look see down around the middle of this article, where "well-known" artists such as "They Might Be Giants" and "Frank Black" are mentioned :-) [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (message/rfc822)] Chris Haufschild wrote: >I have a question for the masses: Who would like to see a NEW TMBG studio >album containing their old unreleased songs (see tmbg.org for long list of >examples)? What sort of "unreleased songs" would these be? Old Dial-A-Songs? EP B-sides (not that these are really "unreleased songs," but some of them are pretty close)? Stuff from the _Factory Showroom_ sessions? Concert-only songs? Some of these things are going to be released on _Long Tall Weekend_, y'know. In answer to your question, I certainly wouldn't mind having such a compilation, but I agree with Leffel that pestering the Johns probably isn't such a good idea. -- May the light shine upon thee, Nathan Mulac "There's a car without a handle" DeHoff DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Tue Jun 15 15:21:26 1999 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) id PAA90387 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Tue, 15 Jun 1999 15:21:26 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from x18.boston.juno.com (x18.boston.juno.com [205.231.101.29]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) with ESMTP id PAA90378 for ; Tue, 15 Jun 1999 15:21:25 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from tmbgirl@juno.com) From: tmbgirl@juno.com Received: (from tmbgirl@juno.com) by x18.boston.juno.com (queuemail) id EC66Y6BU; Tue, 15 Jun 1999 15:21:10 EDT To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 13:04:42 -0600 Subject: TMBG: TMBG in Kheer Magazine Message-ID: <19990615.131552.3750.0.TMBgirl@juno.com> X-Mailer: Juno 1.49 X-Juno-Line-Breaks: 0-1,12-17 Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: tmbgirl@juno.com hEY hEY Kiddies.... i know i haven't posted in awhile, and to be honest, i really haven't been keeping up with the list but here's the dealy-o. My bf is a correspondant for spongebath records and he was sent a japanese magazine called "KHEER" as there was a feature on a few spongebath artists. It also just happened to feature They Might Be Giants *and* the Candy Butchers. Only downside is that, apart from the names "TMBG" "CANDY BUTCHERS" "SPONGEBATH" etc. (and the pictures of the bands) everything is in japanese characters. If there's anyone out there that can read japanese characters, perhaps i can have my bf scan the relevant TMBG pages and the Candy Butchers pages (since it mentions TMBG on those pages) and we can see what's happening with both bands :D take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html 1month 1day till TMBG 1month 2days till i move to NYC :) ___________________________________________________________________ Get the Internet just the way you want it. Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access for a month! Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj. From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Tue Jun 15 15:22:24 1999 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) id PAA90483 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Tue, 15 Jun 1999 15:22:24 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from x18.boston.juno.com (x18.boston.juno.com [205.231.101.29]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) with ESMTP id PAA90472 for ; Tue, 15 Jun 1999 15:22:23 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from tmbgirl@juno.com) From: tmbgirl@juno.com Received: (from tmbgirl@juno.com) by x18.boston.juno.com (queuemail) id EC66Y6EC; Tue, 15 Jun 1999 15:21:11 EDT To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 13:12:46 -0600 Subject: TMBG: LoDo Music Fest News. Message-ID: <19990615.131552.3750.1.TMBgirl@juno.com> X-Mailer: Juno 1.49 X-Juno-Line-Breaks: 0-1,5-10,14-28,33-38 Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: tmbgirl@juno.com Hey HEy Kiddies... thought that i'd send this update now too... I grabbed a couple of flyers and here's the info i can share. A few of you had gotten in touch with me the past couple of months stating an interest in travelling out to CO to catch this show so... * ------------------------------------------------------- The AT&T LoDo MUSIC FEST '99 Friday July 16th & Saturday July 17th 2 Days, 4 Stages, 30 bands Bodeans ::: Violent Femmes ::: They Might Be Giants ::: Cowboy Mouth ::: The Iguanas ::: Cubanismo ::: Lee Rocker ::: Beau Jocque ::: Big Sandy & The Fly Rite Boys ::: Tiny Town ::: Wanda Jackson ::: and many, many, more! TICKETS ARE LIMITED (sold out in '98) Daily tickets $15 Two Day Pass $22 Festival Hotline: 303.888.LODO www.denverfestivals.com ticketse available at www.ticketweb.com -or- 303.825.4TIX * ------------------------------------------------------- You can check out www.pollstar.com to see what bands are playing what days as well as a list of the other bands. I'd expect that there will be several local-denver bands playing (opie gone bad, pure media, etc.). other than that, if you have any other questions, want to meet up somewhere along the way or anythign else --- TMBgirl@juno.com :) take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html 1month 1day till TMBG 1month 2days till i move to NYC :) ___________________________________________________________________ Get the Internet just the way you want it. Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access for a month! Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj. From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Tue Jun 15 17:54:35 1999 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) id RAA97335 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Tue, 15 Jun 1999 17:54:35 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from m14.boston.juno.com (m14.boston.juno.com [205.231.101.193]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) with ESMTP id RAA97325 for ; Tue, 15 Jun 1999 17:54:28 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from gray42@juno.com) Received: (from gray42@juno.com) by m14.boston.juno.com (queuemail) id EC7FRPU4; Tue, 15 Jun 1999 17:54:23 EDT To: Batbrain99@aol.com Cc: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 16:20:27 -0400 Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: The nightmare before christmas Message-ID: <19990615.175220.-175717.1.gray42@juno.com> X-Mailer: Juno 2.0.11 X-Juno-Line-Breaks: 1-4,6-8,11 X-Juno-Att: 0 MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit From: Claire V Gray Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: Claire V Gray lessee, that quote was on the soundtrack, not in the movie. I think it's the very last thing on the CD, but my memory is unclear hope that helps Mysterio Gal (Tim Burton rules!) "This iron horse only goes around and around a man made duck pond in dummyland now!" --Crosley Bendix MST3K#88182 ICQ#9585405 gray42@juno.com, send attachments to mr_realgal@yahoo.com http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 The Official Project Omicrom website: www.geocities.com/SoHo/Square/9007 ___________________________________________________________________ Get the Internet just the way you want it. Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access for a month! Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj. From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Tue Jun 15 17:59:53 1999 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) id RAA97540 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Tue, 15 Jun 1999 17:59:53 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from alpha.talstar.com (mail.talstar.com [199.44.194.2]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) with ESMTP id RAA97531 for ; Tue, 15 Jun 1999 17:59:52 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from avarn@talstar.com) Received: from alpha (mail.talstar.com [199.44.194.2]) by alpha.talstar.com (Post.Office MTA v3.5.3 release 223 ID# 0-59791U3700L300S0V35) with SMTP id com; Tue, 15 Jun 1999 17:57:37 -0400 From: "Adam Varn" To: scratch Cc: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 17:57:37 -500 Subject: TMBG: Re: STILL need more songs... X-Mailer: DMailWeb Web to Mail Gateway 2.1t, http://netwinsite.com/top_mail.htm Message-id: <3766cc51.dc.0@alpha> X-User-Info: 199.44.121.138 Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: "Adam Varn" I want anything not commercially available (or not EASILY commerciably available). TDK has done a great job with live stuff, so I will pass on that. Right now I only want mp3s. If the quality is bad, oh well. Anything not live and not from a major album, upload it! The songs will go live next week, after using this week to amass as much as possible. MrSparkle http://xooming.to/tmbgland >What stuff exactly are you looking for? I've already uploaded a few >B-Sides, but I have some other stuff which you might want. I've >converted most the das-online stuff to mp3 (all of the movs, only some >of the old wavs), I have some semi-rare stuff thats available on other >sites, and I have half of L!!NYC (mostly in 22khz). Is that stuff I >should upload? When are you going to make the uploaded stuff >downloadable? I would really like to hear the Hello the Band stuff, and >I only have some of the Linnell stuff. > >By the way, if that SenSurround mp3 is the same one someone uploaded >yesterday renamed, you might want to specify that its the MMPR >soundtrack one, because the S-E-X-X-Y EP one is quite different. > >-scratch > >Adam Varn wrote: >> >> Wow! I got an overwhelming response yesterday, recieving 28 new songs. Well, >> that is great, but I know that there are more still out there, mainly Dial-A-Song >> stuff. If anyone has mp3s of songs, please upload them at >> 199.44.121.138 >> login: tmbg >> pass: tmbg >> >> The sooner I get them all, the quicker the studio stuff comes down. This is >> the last request I am going to make, so please act now! >> >> Thanks, >> >> MrSparkle >> http://xooming.to/tmbgland >________________________________________________________ >NetZero - We believe in a FREE Internet. Shouldn't you? >Get your FREE Internet Access and Email at >http://www.netzero.net/download/index.html > From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Tue Jun 15 18:11:26 1999 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) id SAA98020 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Tue, 15 Jun 1999 18:11:26 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from mail.schicktech.com (mail.schicktech.com [209.73.207.227]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) with ESMTP id SAA98011 for ; Tue, 15 Jun 1999 18:11:24 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from rplass@schicktech.com) Received: by mail.schicktech.com with Internet Mail Service (5.0.1458.49) id ; Tue, 15 Jun 1999 18:09:20 -0400 Message-ID: <445F423C4F7BD211893900A0C9E4564132CD1C@mail.schicktech.com> From: Robert Plass To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Info on Central Park show 6/20 (long post) Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 18:09:18 -0400 X-Priority: 3 MIME-Version: 1.0 X-Mailer: Internet Mail Service (5.0.1458.49) Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: Robert Plass -- mostly re-posted from a few weeks back -- > Hello exquisite living people, > > Here is some info on the Central Park Show 6/20, sure to be the > biggest > and boldest TMBG bash of the summer! You must make every effort to > attend no matter how far away you live or you'll miss out on the > number > one concert event of your lifetime: > > When the hell is the concert? > > Father's Day, Sunday June 20th, Doors at 1pm, TMBG at 3PM > > How much are tickets? > > It's free! No tickets! Yay! > > Where the hell is the concert? > > It's in Central Park. Go to www.centralpark.org for a map. > > It's held at Summerstage, which I think used to be called Rumsey > Playfield. > They put down some astroturf and built a stage on a high point in the > Park > and so now it's Summerstage, whatever. The area has limited access > through > several "gates" where volunteers search your bags for bottles, > weapons, etc. > It's a public place in NYC, so be as alert and cautious about yourself > and your > personal belongings as you would in any big city. There are plenty of > cops > around during these concerts at the check points in and out of the > Summer > stage area. > > Summerstage has an area right up front near the stage for die-hard > fans and > also has bleachers in the back, away from the stage. Between the > front and > the bleachers is an expanse of astroturf where you can bring a blanket > and > lie down. Off to the sides there are grass and trees in the shade. > The stage > area will be in bright sunshine all day, so bring a hat or sunscreen. > > Central Park? Won't I get stabbed repeatedly? I heard it was > dangerous? > > HA HA Ha ha! No, that's just a silly rumor. Don't believe everything > you read. > > Can I bring cameras or recording equipment? > > Take your chances. I think the bag searcher dudes are only looking > for glass > bottles and/or weapons. > > What if I get hungry or thirsty? > > They sell food and drink (soda and beer) at Summerstage. > > Who is opening? > > A really awesome musical act called, "The Raymond Scott Tribute > Orchestra." > I've seen them play before. They're really good. Get info on Raymond > Scott > at www.raymondscott.com. Brian Dewan plays in that orchestra and so > does > Will Holshouser of Hello Record Club fame. Listen for, "Powerhouse", > the > famous cartoon musical score used in "Rhythm Section Want Ad". > > How the hell do I get there? > > First of all, get to New York City and get onto a subway train or cab > it to either > the 72nd street entrance on the East side (EASIEST) or the 72nd street > entrance on the West side through Strawberry Fields. Subway costs > $1.50, > buy tokens at the subway booth when you get there. > > There's lots of ways to get to Central Park, but here are some > choices. > > Penn Station : 1 train UPTOWN to 72nd street, walk East, enter at W > 72nd St, > wend your way through the park Eastward to The Mall, climb the steps > behind > the bandshell. > > Penn Station: 1 train UPTOWN to Times Square, transfer to the 7 train > to > Grand Central, transfer to the 6 train UPTOWN to 68th Street. Walk > West, > enter at E 72nd St. Follow the road. You'll see the stage at the top > of a > hill about 100 yards into the park. > > Grand Central Terminal: 6 train UPTOWN to 68th Street. Walk West, > enter at E 72nd St. Follow the road. You'll see the stage about 100 > yards > into the park at the top of a hill. > > Port Authority Bus Terminal: 7 train to Grand Central, transfer to the > 6 train > UPTOWN to 68th Street. Walk West, enter at E 72nd St. Follow the > road. > You'll see the stage at the top of a hill about 100 yards into the > park. > > Port Authority Bus Terminal: 1 train UPTOWN to 72nd street, walk > East, enter > at W 72nd St, wend your way through the park Eastward to The Mall, > climb the > steps behind the bandshell. > I'm scared of the subway, can I take a cab? Sure, get into any cab and say, "Take me to 72nd and 5th Avenue, please". It will cost about $10-$12 from Penn or Grand Central. > What if I'm driving? Is there any parking nearby? > > HA HA Ha ha! No, that's just a silly rumor. Don't believe everything > you read. > > Seriously, though, as well all know, parking is tight in NYC. If you > drive, > I recommend staying on the East Side. Of course, you can't park > inside > Central Park, but you should be able to find street parking within 5 > blocks > of the 72nd Street entrance between 5th and Madison Avenues. Sunday > parking regulations will be in effect, meaning almost all street > parking is free. > If you need driving directions, e-mail me off the list > . > > See you there! > > Love, > > Rob Plass > --- ----- > From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Tue Jun 15 18:32:16 1999 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) id SAA98677 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Tue, 15 Jun 1999 18:32:16 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from imo12.mx.aol.com (imo12.mx.aol.com [198.81.17.2]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) with ESMTP id SAA98666 for ; Tue, 15 Jun 1999 18:32:15 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from Batbrain99@aol.com) From: Batbrain99@aol.com Received: from Batbrain99@aol.com (14448) by imo12.mx.aol.com (IMOv20) id iEHOa10256 for ; Tue, 15 Jun 1999 16:53:32 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 16:53:31 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Re:Download mp3 "Dr. Evil" from Austin Powers II!! To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit X-Mailer: AOL 3.0 16-bit for Windows sub 58 Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: Batbrain99@aol.com In a message dated 99-06-15 06:52:33 EDT, ggr@pacificnet.net writes: << When the audience saw the Star Wars scrolling text they laughed uncontrollably. (I have no idea why. Simply making a reference to Star Wars isn't funny. Where's the joke in that?) >> HAHAHAHAAA!!!! hehheheh... oh, Star Wars... man, you crack me up.... Batbrain From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Tue Jun 15 20:31:25 1999 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) id UAA03226 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Tue, 15 Jun 1999 20:31:25 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from hotmail.com (f303.hotmail.com [207.82.251.216]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) with SMTP id UAA03217 for ; Tue, 15 Jun 1999 20:31:24 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from mydryskin@hotmail.com) Received: (qmail 79869 invoked by uid 0); 16 Jun 1999 00:30:53 -0000 Message-ID: <19990616003053.79868.qmail@hotmail.com> Received: from 205.188.197.183 by wy1lg.hotmail.com with HTTP; Tue, 15 Jun 1999 17:30:53 PDT X-Originating-IP: [205.188.197.183] From: Keem Bearlee To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Fairfax pictures Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 17:30:53 PDT Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: Keem Bearlee I don't mean to bug you, but do you have any pictures scanned yet? Also, my TMBG obsession grows. I just created a new AOL screen name: TMBGreat. ======= -Keembearlee "Obiwan Kenobi told be in the lobby" http://visitweb.com/keembearlee ===== _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Tue Jun 15 21:52:09 1999 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) id VAA06932 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Tue, 15 Jun 1999 21:52:09 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from imo22.mx.aol.com (imo22.mx.aol.com [198.81.17.66]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) with ESMTP id VAA06923 for ; Tue, 15 Jun 1999 21:52:08 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from Batbrain99@aol.com) From: Batbrain99@aol.com Received: from Batbrain99@aol.com (4467) by imo22.mx.aol.com (IMOv20) id iRWMa21389 for ; Tue, 15 Jun 1999 21:19:49 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID: <4ae75973.249855b3@aol.com> Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 21:19:47 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Info on Central Park show 6/20 (long post) To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit X-Mailer: AOL 3.0 16-bit for Windows sub 58 Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: Batbrain99@aol.com Ah, dammit!! Now I really want to go to that concert!!! But here I am, stuck in California, no car, no license, no ride, no parents (including fathers) willing to go to New York to see a "stupid band play". Arrgghh..... I've never...I repeat...NEVER seen them in concert! And this concert sounds excellent! Superb! From what the email suggests, it's a once in a lifetime opportunity!!!! >>>Ha Ha Ha!!! That's just a silly rumor. Don't believe everthing you read. Oh... well... Bat "pity me" Brain From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Wed Jun 16 01:35:03 1999 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) id BAA15572 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Wed, 16 Jun 1999 01:35:03 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from tmbg.pc.cc.cmu.edu (jish@TMBG.PC.CC.CMU.EDU [128.2.39.92]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) with ESMTP id BAA15560 for ; Wed, 16 Jun 1999 01:35:02 -0400 (EDT) (envelope-from jish@cmu.edu) Received: from localhost (jish@localhost) by tmbg.pc.cc.cmu.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id BAA13265; Wed, 16 Jun 1999 01:34:55 -0400 Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 01:34:55 -0400 (EDT) From: Josh Axelrad X-Sender: jish@tmbg.pc.cc.cmu.edu To: tmbg@tmbg.net cc: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: SETI Update! Great job! Message-ID: MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: Josh Axelrad Wow! We have 122 units as of now and when the Clubs list updates that will put us in the top 90!!! This is so great, keep up the good work! New members are also always appreciated... keep checking in with: http://seti.tmbg.net/ There will be a new client soon... Anyway, I am kinda busy this week but this really made me happy WOO -- Jish TMBG.net and the EFnet #TMBG Home Page http://www.tmbg.net/ ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #18-16 ******************************