Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #18-18 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 18, Number 18 Friday, 18 June 1999 Today's Topics: TMBG: ana ng Re: TMBG: TMBG article in NY Times 6/16 TMBG: info club NON TMBG: Austin Powers: The Spy who 'UK'd' me! TMBG: STD Japan Import Re: TMBG: STD Japan Import Re: TMBG: STD Japan Import Re: TMBG: TMBG article in NY Times - a bit easier to read? Re: NON TMBG: Austin Powers: The Spy who 'UK'd' me! Re: TMBG: TMBG article in NY Times - a bit easier to read? -Reply Re: TMBG: TMBG article in NY Times 6/16 Re: TMBG: John Mercury? Re: TMBG: info club Re: TMBG: STD Japan Import Re: NON TMBG: Austin Powers: The Spy who 'UK'd' me! Re: TMBG: TMBG article in NY Times 6/16 and Ben Folds Five tickets TMBG: if you've got a secret boy... FORGET ABOUT IT Re: NON TMBG: Austin Powers: The Spy who 'UK'd' me! Re: NON TMBG: Austin Powers: The Spy who 'UK'd' me! TMBG: JL looks like who? TMBG: japanese std Re: NON TMBG: Austin Powers: The Spy who 'UK'd' me! RE: NON TMBG: Austin Powers: The Spy who 'UK'd' me! Re: TMBG: JL looks like who? Re: TMBG: JL looks like who? Re: TMBG: JL looks like who? Re: NON TMBG: Austin Powers: The Spy who 'UK'd' me! Re: TMBG: JL looks like who? TMBG: Re: japanese std Re: TMBG: JL looks like who? Re: TMBG: JL looks like who? Re: TMBG: JL looks like who? Re: TMBG: more fairfax pictures Re: NON TMBG: Austin Powers: The Spy who 'UK'd' me! Re: TMBG: JL looks like who? TMBG: 6/19 NJ Show Re: TMBG: JL looks like who? Re: TMBG: JL looks like who? Re: TMBG: JL looks like who? Re: TMBG: 6/19 NJ Show Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-ID: <19990617060813.17144.qmail@hotmail.com> From: Keem Bearlee Subject: TMBG: ana ng Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 23:08:12 PDT I noticed the numbers in Ana Ng. Of course the magical number 2. Two guys, the number 2 on the building. There was also a number 1, and maybe more. There were four fish, but it started out as one and kept increasing.... The numbers on the map and telephone. The rhythmic pattern of banging on the desks to the beat... (that's sort of numbers)... I would never have noticed unless someone brought it up. BTW, the pictures.... See the guitar from "The Statue Got Me High"! I really like that picture. ======= -Keembearlee "Obiwan Kenobi told be in the lobby" http://visitweb.com/keembearlee ===== _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <376891EE.7F0A@bgnet.bgsu.edu> Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 02:13:05 -0400 From: "K.C." Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG article in NY Times 6/16 Umm..Did anyone transcribe it? They won't let me in. It says I have to purchase the article, since it is now "yesterday's news". Help!!! -- K.C. Kless "...I am a snake head eating the head on the opposite side..." Commissioner, TertiArse Fantasy Sports DocWorm@tmbg.org ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990617103114.69270.qmail@hotmail.com> From: Crystal Cooper Subject: TMBG: info club Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 03:31:11 PDT regarding the information club: how exactly does one join? do you have to send a s.a.s.e. to the address written on that's written on all their cd's? or is there a way to join by e-mail? e-mail me at DrPyser@tmbg.org if you don't want to write it to the list. Crystal ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ "who's going to build my death ray and grow poison flowers with me?" - mono puff e-mail me: DrPyser@tmbg.org Coming Up For Air - Crystal's Ben Folds Five page: http://members.xoom.com/DrPyser265/bf5/index.html ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: rhilton@bitc.org.uk Message-Id: Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 13:44:16 +0000 Subject: NON TMBG: Austin Powers: The Spy who 'UK'd' me! 'Austin Powers : The Spy who shagged me' is due to open in the UK in a few days. On the news last night they said that 2 of the big cinema chains were going to change the name of the film to Austin Powers 2 because they thought people would be offended by the title of the film! Was there any fuss about 'shagged' in the USA? Or does shag mean something else to what it means in this country? Richard - Wimbledon tennis next week! ------------------------------ Message-ID: <445F423C4F7BD211893900A0C9E4564133110F@mail.schicktech.com> From: Robert Plass Subject: TMBG: STD Japan Import Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 08:57:33 -0400 Hello exquisite living people, I just got the STD Japan Import!!! It's so cool. It's got a lot of Japanese writing on it that I can't read, but it's still way cool. It's been released on the Quattro label, but not licensed from Restless. It's licensed from Cooking Vinyl, the UK label. Odd. To end the "Bonus Tracks" debate, the disc is the same. No difference in tracks. There are no bonus tracks. Only buy this if you are collecting TMBG stuff. You won't be missing any music or any new songs. But it's still way cool. The coolest thing is that the liner notes contain a little white book printed in blue with English and Japanese lyrics. Here are some awesome things: It says this in English; "We're looking forward to coming to your country next year and touring around. I really miss Japan and always look back nostagically [sp?] to our previous visits. I'm curious to see how Japan is holding together in the face of economic troubles. They say that when the economy is having problems the best business to be in is the entertainment industry. We may be coming around February. I hope we can see you then." This might be John Linnell, but I can't read the Japanese above this. And the typos! Here are some: -- "John Linnel" -- "TMGB" -- "Escape from the plant of the Apes" (hee hee) -- "Words fail. Building tumble." -- "Squares may look distant in her hear view mirror" -- "Clearing my throat, and gripping the lecterm I put my notes Clearing my throst, and gripping the lectern I smile" <--that's an odd one (throst? lecterm?) -- "200000" instead of "twenty thousand million" And, in the Japanese lyrics, it has mostly all Japanese, except for certain words which just can't be translated, so all of a sudden it has English words interspersed on the Japanese pages. Here's what didn't translate: "Ana Ng", "XTC vs." (apparently, "Adam Ant" translated just fine), "S-E-X-X-Y", "EXTRA BABY" and "MONO PUFF" The outside has some minor cosmetic differences which are too obscure to go into. The major differences are that the inside photo of the pothole is in black and white, and the Apes tracks are listed on the back, including the "Escape from the plant of the apes" typo. I'll scan the thing in one day soon. Not bad for $32. I finally used my $50 gift certificate to the Virgin Megastore. You wouldn't believe how disappointed I was to find out that they sell music, and not virgins. Damn! While I was there, I also snagged "Best of Mountain Stage Vol.5" featuring They Might Be Giants playing, "Particle Man". That's cool too but not as cool as the Japanese STD Import!!! Love, Rob Plass --- ----- http://i.am/announcement/ ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3768F624.BB275BD7@tmbg.org> Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 09:20:36 -0400 From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: Re: TMBG: STD Japan Import Robert Plass wrote: > The coolest thing is that the liner notes contain a little white book > printed in blue with English and Japanese lyrics. Here are some > awesome things: scan it in! I can read a little Japanese and a friend of mine (and fellow TMBG fan) can read and understand much more of it than I can. Plus, I'm sure everyone here would love to see it anyway. :) -- Lawrence Solomon http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~lps/ zaph@tmbg.org "Just because you're floating doesn't mean * This space inadvertently you haven't drowned." -They Might Be Giants * left with stuff in it. ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 09:43:03 -0400 (EDT) From: Matthew Hunter Cohen Subject: Re: TMBG: STD Japan Import Message-id: are yopu sure there ar eno bonus tracks??when i bought my japanese version of another one of the TMBG albums it said bonus tracks also, all though i didnt discover the tracks till about a week after i ahd the cd, there was an extra cd behind the main disc, the piece thta u snap the cd into in the case kind of opened like a door revealing another cd On Thu, 17 Jun 1999, Robert Plass wrote: > Hello exquisite living people, > > I just got the STD Japan Import!!! It's so cool. It's got a lot of > Japanese writing on it that I can't read, but it's still way cool. > > It's been released on the Quattro label, but not licensed from > Restless. It's licensed from Cooking Vinyl, the UK label. Odd. > > To end the "Bonus Tracks" debate, the disc is the same. No > difference in tracks. There are no bonus tracks. Only buy this > if you are collecting TMBG stuff. You won't be missing any > music or any new songs. But it's still way cool. > > The coolest thing is that the liner notes contain a little white book > printed in blue with English and Japanese lyrics. Here are some > awesome things: > > It says this in English; "We're looking forward to coming to your > country next year and touring around. I really miss Japan and > always look back nostagically [sp?] to our previous visits. I'm curious > to see how Japan is holding together in the face of economic > troubles. They say that when the economy is having problems > the best business to be in is the entertainment industry. We may > be coming around February. I hope we can see you then." This > might be John Linnell, but I can't read the Japanese above this. > > And the typos! Here are some: > -- "John Linnel" > -- "TMGB" > -- "Escape from the plant of the Apes" (hee hee) > -- "Words fail. Building tumble." > -- "Squares may look distant in her hear view mirror" > -- "Clearing my throat, and gripping the lecterm I put my notes > Clearing my throst, and gripping the lectern I smile" <--that's an > odd one (throst? lecterm?) > -- "200000" instead of "twenty thousand million" > > And, in the Japanese lyrics, it has mostly all Japanese, except for > certain words which just can't be translated, so all of a sudden it > has English words interspersed on the Japanese pages. Here's > what didn't translate: "Ana Ng", "XTC vs." (apparently, "Adam > Ant" translated just fine), "S-E-X-X-Y", "EXTRA BABY" and > "MONO PUFF" > > The outside has some minor cosmetic differences which are too > obscure to go into. The major differences are that the inside > photo of the pothole is in black and white, and the Apes tracks > are listed on the back, including the "Escape from the plant of the > apes" typo. I'll scan the thing in one day soon. > > Not bad for $32. I finally used my $50 gift certificate to the Virgin > Megastore. You wouldn't believe how disappointed I was to > find out that they sell music, and not virgins. Damn! While I was > there, > I also snagged "Best of Mountain Stage Vol.5" featuring They Might > Be Giants playing, "Particle Man". That's cool too but not as cool > as the Japanese STD Import!!! > > Love, > > Rob Plass > --- ----- > http://i.am/announcement/ > ------------------------------ From: rhilton@bitc.org.uk Message-Id: Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 14:27:00 +0000 Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG article in NY Times - a bit easier to read? http://www.nytimes.com/yr/mo/day/news/arts/giants-pop-music.html June 16, 1999 They Might Be Giants: From the Fringes to Everywhere Forum Join a Discussion on Popular Music By ANN POWERS ohn Linnell answered the door of his bandmate John Flansburgh's work space in Williamsburg on Sunday with the slightly dazed grin of someone caught in the middle of the creative process. The two Johns, who make up the bravely offbeat pop duo They Might Be Giants, had been mixing songs in the room they call the kitchen, not because they think it is a cool rock name for a recording studio, but because that's where the stove was when Flansburgh lived there. Over 18 years, the Giants have passed through many Brooklyn apartments, from the Park Slope tenement with the hole in the ceiling to the duplex over the Fort Greene barbecue joint where they could play really loud. They have gone from releasing their songs via Flansburgh's answering machine (they dubbed the call-in service Dial-a-Song) to becoming stars of the college circuit with seven albums and a touring band. Now each John has a separate residence and rehearsal space, reflecting not only the needs of married men but a prosperity that exceeds what most pop nonconformists can expect. "I love your air conditioner, Flans," Linnell said as he sat between a xylophone and a bank of recording equipment. "Mine just blows hot air." As the vintage contraption cooled the room, the conversation drifted through various happy topics. There was the Los Angeles premiere of "Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me," whose brilliantly Bond-like opening theme, "Dr. Evil," was composed by the Giants and sung by Flansburgh's wife, Robin Goldwasser. Then there were the five musical segments they created for "Brave New World," a science-and-technology series that will be broadcast on ABC this summer. And their recent work with hit-making producers and the former Ruffhouse Records co-owners Joe and Phil Nicolo, as well as their appearance at Central Park Summerstage, headlining a show that starts at 3 P.M. on Sunday. Flansburgh popped one tape after another into his stereo. "This is a theme we've done for a new Nickelodeon series, "Stewy the Dogboy," he said as human barking filled the room. He switched to the exhilarating "It's so Loud in Here," from the Nicolo sessions. Next came "She Thinks She's Edith Head," a witty portrait of a woman with delusions of being "an obscure cultural figure," which appears on "Long Tall Weekend," the Giants' forthcoming album and the first to be available only on MP3, the digital audio compression format. This sampler was impressive, but it overlooked some things, like the duo's recent appearances on public radio's "This American Life." Not to mention the children's album they plan to release on Rounder next year, the theme they composed for the new Fox television sitcom pilot "Malcolm in the Middle" and the song on Disney Home Video's forthcoming sequel to "Peter Pan." Knee-deep in movies, television and the Web, the Giants are riding a multimedia wave. Especially exciting is the attention connected with the heavily promoted "Austin Powers." After the premiere, the Giants had 20 meetings with film and television representatives in two days. "It was interesting to see how many people involved in the creative side of the film industry are genuine fans of what we do," Flansburgh said. Fans Who Ponder Their Lyrics They Might Be Giants is a classic cult band with an unconventional approach to music and business. Fans spend hours dissecting their lyrics and posting interpretations on the Internet,discussing whether "Ana Ng" might be a critique of the Vietnam War or whether "S-E-X-X-Y" has something to do with a sex chromosome disorder. Aspiring individualists are attracted to the Giants' blithely idiosyncratic sound, and they have helped the band thrive. "They probably have the highest-selling downloadable album of all time," said Gene Hoffman, president and chief executive of Emusic, formerly Goodnoise, the on-line company distributing "Long Tall Weekend." "The Giants have never been afraid of trying new things and they have an adventuresome fan base. That combination makes it work." Changes in the entertainment business brought by technologically driven entrepreneurship are pushing the Giants beyond their familiar realm in the margins. From another perspective, the margins themselves are proving increasingly important, offering antidotes to an overbearing mainstream of Backstreet Boys. New outlets like MP3 and cable television are allowing discerning consumers like Giants fans to choose their niches. At the same time, the cultural center is raiding the edges for novelty at an ever increasing speed. And Generation X, a cohort that grew up negotiating its supposed irrelevance, now fills those entertainment industry cubicles in Hollywood and New York, not to mention producing some of today's biggest stars. "I can confirm that I've seen Mike Myers wearing a They Might Be Giants T-shirt lounging around the house," said John Houlihan, the music director for both Austin Powers films. Houlihan was one of many show-business players to relay his devotion in phone interviews.Joe Nicolo, the producer, called himself a devotee. Hoffman said that the band's connectionto Emusic was "born of my own appreciation; I'm a lifelong fan." So is Sarah Vowell, who brought the musicians to "This American Life" through her feature on Dial-a-Song. "We feel a shared sensibility with them, and not just because of their songs," she said of the staff members of "This American Life," for which she is a contributing editor. "It's because every aspect of their project is done with purpose and humor and love. Every album cover, every coffee mug, and the songs, too, are all considered. They treat everything as art." High School Friends With a Lot to Learn Flansburgh and Linnell, who grew up together in suburban Boston and reconnected in Brooklyn after college, made their first demos, powered by drum machines, in 1982. "I couldn't sing and play the guitar at the same time," Flansburgh recalled. "We were not calculating a career path." They were, however, steadfastly developing their sound and sensibility. "All through the 1980's and early 1990's we did two shows a week and had this strangely rigorous routine where we would rehearse for exactly one hour every single night," Flansburgh said. "It was like a homework assignment or going to the gym. We got a lot of material together and had a really tight show." Linnell added, "It wasn't that we were technically that good." The two are now adept multi-instrumentalists. "We were very mediocre singers, but it didn't really matter. As far as the audience was concerned it was a fun show." In the early 1980's quirky bands ruled pop, empowered by punk's anarchistic spirit and the trendy marriage of high art and rock hi-jinks. The Giants felt free to pun with abandon and explore endlessly arcane subjects in songs like "Youth Culture Killed My Dog." With their science-fair style, confidently nasal voices and perverse talent for catchy melodies, they became the idols of young brains and wallflowers. But pop soon grew out of this awkward phase, and most bands who suited it changed or faded away. The Giants persisted, going from the independent label Bar/None to a major, Elektra. They scored a couple of modern-rock hits; one, Birdhouse in Your Soul," was written from the perspective of a night light. The eight years the Giants spent on Elektra werea fairly long run; they were not surprised when the company cut them loose after a series ofcorporate power shifts in the mid-1990's. By then the Giants had firmly established themselves as innovative marketers as well as musicians. Their Dial-a-Song gimmick added to their reputation as self-starters, as did the Hello Music Club, a subscription service run by Flansburgh from 1993 to 1997 that released 10 CD singles a year by the Giants and other bands. Promotional items like T-shirts and bumper stickers featured either the work of renowned comic book artists or a postwar Americana look that reflected the duo's fascination with subjects like the 1964 World's Fair. Their videos further developed a kitsch-savvy visual esthetic. Flansburgh stumbled into a second career when he directed a few Giants videos. He now can list clips featuring Frank Black, Harvey Danger, Edwyn Collins and others on his r*sum*. Flansburgh also has a side band, Mono Puff, which includes Ms. Goldwasser, and Linnell is completing his first solo album, "State Songs," to be released on Rounder Records later this year. "Mono Puff and 'State Songs' are things we get to do without looking over each other's shoulder," Linnell said. "They're what we call 'the Ringo walk," like the part of the movie "Hard Day's Night" where Ringo Starr is walking around by himself, just wrapped up in his own Ringo-ness. They also feed back into what we're doing. We get to define They Might Be Giants better, and it helps our songwriting." A more conventional rock album is in the Giants' future, possibly on a new label headed by Nicolo. "We would like to make this a creative statement and a financial statement," Nicolo said. "We're not going to sacrifice quality, but it would be great for a lot of people to rediscover them." A Surge in Exposure Thanks to 'Dr. Evil' Thanks to "Dr. Evil," hordes of moviegoers already are. Like so many of their lucky breaks, the Giants' "Austin Powers" theme song came about because of their relentless productivity. Before Houlihan had made a decision on whether the Giants should be involved in the film, "the band just took action and wrote a very inspired song," he said. "It was intended to be a demo, but when we got it we just loved it and we put it in the very first frame of the picture." Flansburgh and Linnell admit that they did "Dr. Evil" without instruction. But they are delighted that it may lead to more Hollywood assignments, especially because they are starting families and would like to reduce their touring. There is one catch, however. They have to be able to follow their recipe for success. "Most people who do commercial work are calculating about their relationship to their audience," Flansburgh said. "We've chosen to assume that people listening to our songs are as smart as we are, or smarter. I think that's why people like us." ** ~sarah http://members.aol.com/limezinger np. blur - modern life is rubbish ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 08:11:55 -0600 (MDT) From: Jim Kuemmerle Subject: Re: NON TMBG: Austin Powers: The Spy who 'UK'd' me! Message-ID: On Thu, 17 Jun 1999 rhilton@bitc.org.uk wrote: > 'Austin Powers : The Spy who shagged me' is due to open in the UK in a > few days. On the news last night they said that 2 of the big cinema > chains were going to change the name of the film to Austin Powers 2 > because they thought people would be offended by the title of the film! > > Was there any fuss about 'shagged' in the USA? not that i've heard about... (surprising for a country founded by puritans, huh?) > Or does shag mean something else to what it means in this country? nope; the meaning was quite clear. the word "shag" isn't used nearly as often in that context over here, though, (to us it has a very definite british flavour,) which may account for the lack of fuss... --jim kuemmerle j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668/ 6/19 -- ZIVIO at the international festival, ROCK SPRINGS, WYOMING. 12 noon and 8 pm; no other details available, sorry. ------------------------------ From: rhilton@bitc.org.uk Message-Id: Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 15:12:38 +0000 Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG article in NY Times - a bit easier to read? -Reply Sorry! the article was meant to be in the bulk of the message and not attached! Richard ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 09:09:54 -0600 (MDT) From: Jim Kuemmerle Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG article in NY Times 6/16 Message-ID: On Wed, 16 Jun 1999, Cap'n eriKa rae wrote: > First of all, I want to deeply thank Sarah for posting the actual > article, as I most certainly don't get the New York Times, and I don't > have web access (ooh, look at this - > www.somethingcoolerikacan'tsee.com!). if i had the money to do so, i'd set up a site at that address right this very minute. :) > I'm a happy captain. :D (yay, cool turn of phrase...) > >Fans spend hours dissecting their lyrics and posting > >interpretations on the Internet, > >discussing whether "Ana Ng" might be a critique of the Vietnam > >War or whether > >"S-E-X-X-Y" has something to do with a sex chromosome disorder. > > Okay, so maybe we did discuss S-E-X-X-Y, but we didn't spend hours... i think if you add up all the people on this list and the newsgroup and all the other discussion venues, i think it might just add up to hours. of course, this has a definite "what is the mass and/or volume of the list" feel to it, so i'm stopping right now... > we're not all that sad, are we? we are, but i don't know why we must be, with all these dandelions around... > They make us seem pathetic. I'm not pathetic, dammit. DAMMIT! > > ever-sincere, > eriKa, > wrapped up in my Ringo-ness. --jim kuemmerle, who's feeling kinda ringous himself today... j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668/ 6/19 -- ZIVIO at the international festival, ROCK SPRINGS, WYOMING, 12 noon & 8 pm; sorry, no other details available. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990617154924.87522.qmail@hotmail.com> From: Nathan Mulac DeHoff Subject: Re: TMBG: John Mercury? Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 08:49:23 PDT sarah wrote: >In a message dated 6/16/99 6:56:08 PM, GhostKrabb@webtv.net writes: > > >Is it just me, or does John Linnell really look like Freddie > >Mercury > > >it's just you. So John looks like Dexter, but not like Freddy Mercury? -- May the light shine upon thee, Nathan Mulac "I am the champions" DeHoff DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990617155245.54122.qmail@hotmail.com> From: Nathan Mulac DeHoff Subject: Re: TMBG: info club Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 08:52:45 PDT Crystal Cooper wrote: >regarding the information club: how exactly does one join? >do you have to send a s.a.s.e. to the address written on that's written on >all their cd's? or is there a way to join by e-mail? I believe that there is an e-mail address for the Info Club mentioned on tmbg.com (and probably on theymightbegiants.com, too). -- May the light shine upon thee, Nathan Mulac "The check's in the mail" DeHoff DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990617155456.58434.qmail@hotmail.com> From: Nathan Mulac DeHoff Subject: Re: TMBG: STD Japan Import Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 08:54:56 PDT Robert Plass wrote: >It says this in English; "We're looking forward to coming to your >country next year and touring around. I really miss Japan and >always look back nostagically [sp?] to our previous visits. I'm >curious >to see how Japan is holding together in the face of economic >troubles. They say that when the economy is having problems >the best business to be in is the entertainment industry. We may >be coming around February. I hope we can see you then." Besides, Japan has Gas Mask! -- May the light shine upon thee, Nathan Mulac "I thought Japan was the place for me" DeHoff DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990617162315.9236.qmail@hotmail.com> From: Josh Buckland Subject: Re: NON TMBG: Austin Powers: The Spy who 'UK'd' me! Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 09:23:15 PDT >'Austin Powers : The Spy who shagged me' is due to open in the UK in a >few days. On the news last night they said that 2 of the big cinema >chains were going to change the name of the film to Austin Powers 2 >because they thought people would be offended by the title of the film! > If the TITLE offends you some of you people, wait untill you see the movie!!! I myself was suprised at the extremely-high (higher than the original Powers film) sexual content of the movie because... well... how were they going to advertise THOSE parts of the movie... >Was there any fuss about 'shagged' in the USA? Or does shag mean >something else to what it means in this country? Shagged (US)= F**ked, made love to, had sex with, etc, etc Josh Buckland dilbert_2000@hotmail.com ICQ#: 17262308 contact me! http://www.angelfire.com/va/ozzyfest/index.html "Mamma's gonna worry, I've been a bad, bad boy." -Ozzy Osbourne, "Flying High Again" _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 13:19:20 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG article in NY Times 6/16 and Ben Folds Five tickets Message-ID: <19990617.131955.6406.0.hotel_detective1@juno.com> From: "Cap'n eriKa rae" I was being bitter, as usual: >(ooh, look at this - www.somethingcoolerikacan'tsee.com!). Jim K wasn't quite so bitter: >if i had the money to do so, i'd set up a site at that address right this very minute. :) I'm touched, I think. I can just see one of these days, someone'll post something like "The Johns are looking for a short redhead named Erika to be their personal assistant! Place your entry here!" and lo and behold, the link will be for that web page. These things come back to haunt me... >we're not all that sad, are we? >we are, but i don't know why we must be, with all these dandelions around... If you're allergic to dandelions, that might be a reason... Okay, here comes something special... As some of you may or may not know, Ben Folds Five are to be playing a Wicked Awesome Show in Pittsburgh this Saturday (with Very Talented opening act Jude) and there may be four extra tickets here. A friend of mine was supposed to be going with three other people, but her mom went insane and now says she probably can't go. So that leaves four seats in row F wide open. However, they did pay for these things, and are not about to let all that money go to waste. So I'm supposed to put up an offer here to anyone who may want to buy them - I know it's rather short notice, but, well... it wasn't expected. But then, it may not even be final, but I'm supposed to at least gather anyone who might want to hop on this offer. Anyone interested, e-mail me off-list please (hotel_detective1@juno.com). ever-sincere, eriKa, I should warn you, I go to sleep (but I'm not tired). "It's been cool to be cool for too long now and now it's cool not to be cool." - Ben Folds "Sexual frustration is caused by the Discovery Channel." - Kevan Peden ___________________________________________________________________ Get the Internet just the way you want it. Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access for a month! Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990617173949.57676.qmail@hotmail.com> From: Keem Bearlee Subject: TMBG: if you've got a secret boy... FORGET ABOUT IT Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 10:39:48 PDT Direct From Brooklyn makes me wish I were in a band so I could make videos and use the same visual effects. I have been quite the Linnell fan lately, but Flans looks so cute in "Put Your Hand Inside The Puppethead". I like when they both lurch forward. Flans also looks exceptional in "The Guitar". And yeah, Laura Cantrell is rather pretty. During the close up I wonder if Flans told her, "Let's see how long you can stare into the camera before you start feeling really uncomfortable." ======= -Keembearlee "Obiwan Kenobi told me in the lobby" http://visitweb.com/keembearlee ===== _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 11:51:23 -0600 (MDT) From: Jim Kuemmerle Subject: Re: NON TMBG: Austin Powers: The Spy who 'UK'd' me! Message-ID: On Thu, 17 Jun 1999, Josh Buckland squawked: > If the TITLE offends you some of you people, wait untill you see the > movie!!! I myself was suprised at the extremely-high (higher than the > original Powers film) sexual content of the movie because... well... how > were they going to advertise THOSE parts of the movie... (1) by putting the subtitle "the spy who shagged me" on it? (2) by putting heavy advertising emphasis on heather graham in skimpy clothing? (3) etc.... --jim kuemmerle, who wouldn't have characterized it as having "extremely high sexual content" anyway... j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668/ 6/19 -- ZIVIO at the international festival, ROCK SPRINGS, WYOMING, 12 noon & 8 pm; sorry, no other details available. ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 12:19:00 -0600 Subject: Re: NON TMBG: Austin Powers: The Spy who 'UK'd' me! Message-ID: <19990617.122824.24014.0.TMBgirl@juno.com> >>Was there any fuss about 'shagged' in the USA? Or does shag mean >>something else to what it means in this country? > >Shagged (US)= F**ked, made love to, had sex with, etc, etc nah nah, it's really... the spy who punked me. take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html ___________________________________________________________________ Get the Internet just the way you want it. Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access for a month! Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990617190020.62352.qmail@hotmail.com> From: Keem Bearlee Subject: TMBG: JL looks like who? Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 12:00:18 PDT I though I'd forward this on to the list....... ============== To: mydryskin@hotmail.com (Keem Bearlee) Subject: Re: TMBG: John Mercury? Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 10:44:12 -0700 (PDT) You're right! I see that. The whole Steve Buscemi mentality is so Linnell. And David Spade's figure is unmistakbely Linnellish. From: Keem Bearlee To: GhostKrabb@webtv.net Subject: Re: TMBG: John Mercury? Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 17:29:23 PDT Oh no! I hadn't thought of that! You know who he reminds ME of? David Spade + Steve Buscemi = JL Maybe I'm just weird. And he's toothy. Buscemi is toothy too. Watch Trees Lounge. And David Spade because he seems like a little boy to me. Damn, he is thin. -Keembearlee ----Original Message Follows---- From: GhostKrabb@webtv.net (Dexter Flansburgh) Reply-To: GhostKrabb@webtv.net (Dexter Flansburgh) To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org (They Might Be Giants) Subject: TMBG: John Mercury? Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 16:55:27 -0700 (PDT) Is it just me, or does John Linnell really look like Freddie Mercury (of Queen) in his first profile shot from the Snail Shell video? Go watch it, and you'll see the resemblance. The hand movements, the attitude, the teeth, it all resembles the late, great Queen frontman. -dex _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ From: LimeZinger@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 15:40:04 EDT Subject: TMBG: japanese std sounds kinda dirty, don't it? ;P i accidentally deleted the message i was going to reply to.. oddly enough, no one has yet. the one from .. i forgot who.. someone who got the import and said there was a cd underneath the std cd tray (correct?) .... well, ya mind tellin' us what's on the 2nd cd? :} sarah, psyched for sunday ------------------------------ From: Alterian@aol.com Message-ID: <6ef5b581.249ab2cf@aol.com> Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 16:21:35 EDT Subject: Re: NON TMBG: Austin Powers: The Spy who 'UK'd' me! I remember on my school trip for robotics down to florida for our national competition, the stuart guy was flirting with me the whole way (it was really annoying and freaked me out a little bit, and all my guy freinds[the majority of the people on th team are guys] made fun of me) asked me if they shagged up in Rochester (the place I live) because he was from the south. I gave him a really odd look, and my guy friend was laughing so hard and asked him if he meant the meaning from Austin Powers.... the stuart claimed it was a dance... I didn't believe him..unless any of you Southern people can tell me otherwise..it was just really really weird. -Amber the Transcendent ------------------------------ Message-ID: From: "kgreenwell@sa.kevric.com" Subject: RE: NON TMBG: Austin Powers: The Spy who 'UK'd' me! Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 15:31:53 -0500 Organization: KEVRIC it is a dance. there's actually a movie called shag you should check out if you get the chance. i believe it's set in myrtle beach, and it's all about this shag contest. it's been awhile since i've even thought about this movie kristi "If falling in love is anything like learning how to spell, I don't want to do it. It takes too long." (Leo, 7) On Thursday, June 17, 1999 3:22 PM, Alterian@aol.com [SMTP:Alterian@aol.com] wrote: > I remember on my school trip for robotics down to florida for our national > competition, the stuart guy was flirting with me the whole way (it was really > > annoying and freaked me out a little bit, and all my guy freinds[the majority > > of the people on th team are guys] made fun of me) asked me if they shagged > up in Rochester (the place I live) because he was from the south. I gave him > a really odd look, and my guy friend was laughing so hard and asked him if he > > meant the meaning from Austin Powers.... the stuart claimed it was a dance... > > I didn't believe him..unless any of you Southern people can tell me > otherwise..it was just really really weird. > -Amber the Transcendent ------------------------------ From: Batbrain99@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 16:53:19 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: JL looks like who? In a message dated 99-06-17 15:02:21 EDT, mydryskin@hotmail.com writes: << Steve Buscemi >> Who is Steve Buscemi? And if I may add to the list, i saw this one picture of John where he looks very psycho, and it resembled the "funny looking" guy on Fargo, dont know his name Bat ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 15:03:16 -0600 (MDT) From: Jim Kuemmerle Subject: Re: TMBG: JL looks like who? Message-ID: On Thu, 17 Jun 1999 Batbrain99@aol.com wrote: > << Steve Buscemi >> > > Who is Steve Buscemi? > > And if I may add to the list, i saw this one picture of John where he looks > very psycho, and it resembled the "funny looking" guy on Fargo, dont know his > name that, my friend, is steve buscemi. --jim kuemmerle, who's not that funny looking... j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668/ 6/19 -- ZIVIO at the international festival, ROCK SPRINGS, WYOMING, 12 noon & 8 pm; sorry, no other details available. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <376961C0.675F1409@sevenlands.com> Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 16:59:44 -0400 From: carlyn nugent Subject: Re: TMBG: JL looks like who? Batbrain99@aol.com wrote: > > In a message dated 99-06-17 15:02:21 EDT, mydryskin@hotmail.com writes: > > << Steve Buscemi >> > > Who is Steve Buscemi? He's the "funny looking" guy on Fargo. > And if I may add to the list, i saw this one picture of John where he looks > very psycho, and it resembled the "funny looking" guy on Fargo, dont know his > name That'd be Steve Buscemi. CN ~~ ICQ 41099643 ------------------------------ From: Matt James Message-Id: <199906172106.RAA09684@fellspt.charm.net> Subject: Re: NON TMBG: Austin Powers: The Spy who 'UK'd' me! Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 17:06:15 -0400 (EDT) > I remember on my school trip for robotics down to florida for our national > competition, the stuart guy was flirting with me the whole way (it was really > annoying and freaked me out a little bit, and all my guy freinds[the majority > of the people on th team are guys] made fun of me) asked me if they shagged > up in Rochester (the place I live) because he was from the south. I gave him > a really odd look, and my guy friend was laughing so hard and asked him if he > meant the meaning from Austin Powers.... the stuart claimed it was a dance... > I didn't believe him..unless any of you Southern people can tell me > otherwise..it was just really really weird. > -Amber the Transcendent > The Shag is a dance, it is the State dance of South Carolina according to John Linnell when he performed said song. It must be an old-timers dance, I've never heard of it in pop culture of today, minus the mention from Linnell. -Matt ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990617220028.18258.qmail@hotmail.com> From: Keem Bearlee Subject: Re: TMBG: JL looks like who? Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 15:00:27 PDT Awww, I'm glad other people know who he is. I wouldn't say he looks a lot like Steve Buscemi (but if the teeth fit), that's why I mentioned the David Spade resemblance. Up on stage Linnell looks so small. His clothes looked too big for him. Have you seen how thin he was in "Don't Let's Start"?! And I think of Spade as a little boy. He always makes fun of himself for that. Linnell doesn't have Steve Buscemi's head, his eyes, his hair. That's more Spade-ish. Buscemi was in Pulp Fiction for maybe 6 seconds and he was also in Reservoir Dogs. He's a good lead in Trees Lounge. It's a nice little movie. A lot of Buscemis in it. -Keembearlee ----Original Message Follows---- From: Jim Kuemmerle Reply-To: Jim Kuemmerle To: The TMBG Mailing List Subject: Re: TMBG: JL looks like who? Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 15:03:16 -0600 (MDT) On Thu, 17 Jun 1999 Batbrain99@aol.com wrote: > << Steve Buscemi >> > > Who is Steve Buscemi? > > And if I may add to the list, i saw this one picture of John where he looks > very psycho, and it resembled the "funny looking" guy on Fargo, dont know his > name that, my friend, is steve buscemi. _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 17:04:15 -0500 From: "Jay G." Message-ID: <7kbqni$5vu$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re: japanese std wrote in message news:c6de97f1.249aa914@aol.com... > sounds kinda dirty, don't it? ;P > > i accidentally deleted the message i was going to reply to.. oddly enough, no > one has yet. the one from .. i forgot who.. someone who got the import and > said there was a cd underneath the std cd tray (correct?) .... well, ya mind > tellin' us what's on the 2nd cd? :} No, that's not what he said. This is waht he said: Matthew Hunter Cohen wrote... > are yopu sure there ar eno bonus tracks??when i bought my japanese > version of another one of the TMBG albums it said bonus tracks also, all > though i didnt discover the tracks till about a week after i ahd the cd, > there was an extra cd behind the main disc, the piece thta u snap the cd > into in the case kind of opened like a door revealing another cd So this was for some other TMBG album and not STD. My guess is that it was John Henry, with the live CD from the Aussie import, but that's just a guess. BTW, Matt, the fact that you didn't notice the second CD is one of the funniest things I've heard in a while. -Jay ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 18:17:10 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: JL looks like who? Message-ID: <19990617.181710.6542.2.hotel_detective1@juno.com> From: "Cap'n eriKa rae" Somebody (I've forgotten who now): >And if I may add to the list, i saw this one picture of John where he looks >very psycho, and it resembled the "funny looking" guy on Fargo, dont know his >name Carolyn and Jim, somewhat in sequence: >That'd be Steve Buscemi. And what an unfair and unsettling fate he met in that movie. I was completely unprepared for that! (I won't say what happens in case there's some folks out there yet to see Fargo) ever-sincere, eriKa, And I guess that was your accomplice there in the woodchipper... "It's been cool to be cool for too long now and now it's cool not to be cool." - Ben Folds "Sexual frustration is caused by the Discovery Channel." - Kevan Peden ___________________________________________________________________ Get the Internet just the way you want it. Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access for a month! Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <37696CD9.8FD2F6C@airmail.net> Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 16:47:05 -0500 From: Danielle Gaither Subject: Re: TMBG: JL looks like who? Batbrain99@aol.com wrote: > In a message dated 99-06-17 15:02:21 EDT, mydryskin@hotmail.com writes: > > << Steve Buscemi >> > > Who is Steve Buscemi? > > And if I may add to the list, i saw this one picture of John where he looks > very psycho, and it resembled the "funny looking" guy on Fargo, dont know his > name That would be Steve Buscemi. > Bat Danielle ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 17:40:07 -0600 Subject: Re: TMBG: JL looks like who? Message-ID: <19990617.174619.24014.2.TMBgirl@juno.com> >Who is Steve Buscemi? you really should go watch "ed and his dead mother." Steve Buscemi is in it. It's a terrible movie, but i can guarantee you that you'll enjoy the closing credits. For a good movie that he's in, go watch Billy Madison. Steve Buscemi plays the psycho that puts on lipstick and initially plans to kill billy until billy calls him up and nm go watch the movie... i'll just ruin it. take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html Shampoo is bettah, i go on first and clean the hair Conditionah is bettah, i make the hair silky and smooth. STOP LOOKING AT ME SWAN! ___________________________________________________________________ Get the Internet just the way you want it. Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access for a month! Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj. ------------------------------ From: Kreadoubt@aol.com Message-ID: <1b2e07fa.249af162@aol.com> Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 20:48:34 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: more fairfax pictures In a message dated 6/16/99 11:03:04 PM Pacific Daylight Time, mydryskin@hotmail.com writes: > Those were taken by the person beside me at the show. Too bad he can't > spell Hickey correctly. ....Or accordion for that matter. "Yeah, I guess, I don't know, I mean, at times it just seems like, yah know, BLABBING to me" JF ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990618005843.62265.qmail@hotmail.com> From: Elendriel ^_^ Subject: Re: NON TMBG: Austin Powers: The Spy who 'UK'd' me! Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 00:58:43 GMT >From: Matt James >Reply-To: Matt James >To: Alterian@aol.com >CC: tmbg-list@tmbg.org >Subject: Re: NON TMBG: Austin Powers: The Spy who 'UK'd' me! >Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 17:06:15 -0400 (EDT) > > > I remember on my school trip for robotics down to florida for our >national competition, the stuart guy was flirting with me the whole way (it >was really annoying and freaked me out a little bit, and all my guy >freinds[the majority of the people on th team are guys] made fun of me) >asked me if they shagged up in Rochester (the place I live) because he was >from the south. I gave him a really odd look, and my guy friend was >laughing so hard and asked him if he meant the meaning from Austin >Powers.... the stuart claimed it was a dance... > > I didn't believe him..unless any of you Southern people can tell me > > otherwise..it was just really really weird. > > -Amber the Transcendent > > >The Shag is a dance, it is the State dance of South Carolina according to >John Linnell when he performed said song. It must be an old-timers dance, >I've never heard of it in pop culture of today, minus the mention from >Linnell. You must never have been in 4-H, then, Matt. (Or you, Amber.) The really cool people in 4-H at the dances always knew how to shag. (DANCE, you dirty-minded people!!) I used to know how to do it, but since I've been out of 4-H for...4 years, I've forgotten how. Julie :) _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ From: LimeZinger@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 21:33:54 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: JL looks like who? In a message dated 6/17/99 5:02:00 PM, mydryskin@hotmail.com writes: >Awww, I'm glad other people know who he is. I wouldn't say he looks a >lot >like Steve Buscemi (but if the teeth fit), that's why I mentioned the David > >Spade resemblance. fred wolf. that's all i have to say. ok, not all. (and jesus h. flansburgh, don't we go through this thread every 3 months?) ... so i'll say it again. he used to be a writer on saturday night live, and occasionally made some appearances on the show. if you watch a rerun he's in, you'll see him; he's the one who looks like linnell. as for flans: dan ackroyd. yeah, i probably spelled it wrong. sarah ------------------------------ From: PRMega@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 21:53:49 EDT Subject: TMBG: 6/19 NJ Show Ok I have a few questions about this show: 1) Is anyone else going? 2) Can someone help me with directions on how to get there from Albany? 3) Anyone know who's opening for Them? Thanks for any help. PR Mega ------------------------------ From: LimeZinger@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 21:40:11 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: JL looks like who? In a message dated 6/17/99 6:52:31 PM, tmbgirl@juno.com writes: >you really should go watch "ed and his dead mother." Steve Buscemi is >in >it. It's a terrible movie, but i can guarantee you that you'll enjoy the >closing credits. > hey, isn't that the movie "everything right is wrong again" plays in over the closing credits? sarah ------------------------------ From: linnel@snet.net Message-Id: <199906180206.WAA16034@smtp.snet.net> Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 22:01:43 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: JL looks like who? geez. i always just grouped the three of them together... i guess it's the "incredibally little and skinny funny guys"... no wonder why i love them all. hmm... a foursome would be kinda neat... but really. i like linnell because... well, we've all discussed this before. and i like david spade because he's little and sarcastic and funny... like a little boy. and i like steve because he looks like a rat : ) no really... i think he's great... really. ever since i saw fargo. then i noticed that he was, like, everywhere. in all sorts of movies i hadn't noticed before. neat-o. if i could have the three of them in one room. one SEALED room... heeheh. -jen AKA- the experimenter > You're right! I see that. The whole Steve Buscemi mentality is so > Linnell. And David Spade's figure is unmistakbely Linnellish. > > Oh no! I hadn't thought of that! You know who he reminds ME of? > > David Spade + Steve Buscemi = JL > > Maybe I'm just weird. > > And he's toothy. Buscemi is toothy too. Watch Trees Lounge. And David > Spade because he seems like a little boy to me. Damn, he is thin. > > -Keembearlee > > > ----Original Message Follows---- > From: GhostKrabb@webtv.net (Dexter Flansburgh) > Reply-To: GhostKrabb@webtv.net (Dexter Flansburgh) > To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org (They Might Be Giants) > Subject: TMBG: John Mercury? > Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 16:55:27 -0700 (PDT) > > Is it just me, or does John Linnell really look like Freddie Mercury (of > Queen) in his first profile shot from the Snail Shell video? Go watch it, > and you'll see the resemblance. The hand movements, the attitude, the teeth, > it all resembles the late, great Queen frontman. > -dex > > > > > > _______________________________________________________________ > Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com > ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 22:33:07 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: JL looks like who? Message-ID: <19990617.223307.26614.0.hotel_detective1@juno.com> From: "Cap'n eriKa rae" jen, the experimenter: >geez. i always just grouped the three of them together... i guess >it's the "incredibally little and skinny funny guys"... no wonder why i >love them all. Vincent Gallo is a pretty neat skinny guy, and he's pretty funny too. But he's almost too skinny. I saw Buffalo '66 and the whole time I just wanted to make him eat a turkey or something. >if i could have the three of them in one room. one SEALED room... >heeheh. Get yer mind out of the gutter, woman! This is a children's program! ever-sincere, eriKa, smut grows on corn. "It's been cool to be cool for too long now and now it's cool not to be cool." - Ben Folds "In the summer, lots of people come to Las Vegas who are not really aware of the heat. So I wait outside the hotels and when people go jogging I follow them. When they pass out, I take their jewelry." - Wayne Newton ___________________________________________________________________ Get the Internet just the way you want it. Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access for a month! Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj. ------------------------------ From: MuseKJ@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 01:59:21 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: 6/19 NJ Show In a message dated 6/17/99 9:58:34 PM Eastern Daylight Time, PRMega@aol.com writes: << Ok I have a few questions about this show: 1) Is anyone else going? >> Yes, I am, for one. << 2) Can someone help me with directions on how to get there from Albany?>> Take Route 87 south to the Garden State Parkway; head south on the Garden State Parkway, and get off at Exit 100B...when you get off the exit ramp, go right, heading east on Route 33. Go straight down as far as you can go. When you get to the end, you will see in front of you at the traffic light, a sign saying "Welcome To Ocean Grove." Make a left at this light. You are now on Main Street (Route 71). Go to the next light. Bear slightly right (Don't turn sharp right here or you'll be in Ocean Grove) and go downhill until you get to another light, and there is a lake to your right. Make a right at this light, driving along the lake until you get to the boardwalk. Continue driving down the road that runs alongside the boardwalk until you get to 4th Avenue. Make a left, and the Fastlane Cabaret is on the second block, on the right-hand side, right next to the Baronet Theatre. <<3) Anyone know who's opening for Them?>> It's a big, big, secret as far as I know :-) Karen "Caretaker of Brett (the husky), Felicia (the ferret), and Valentine (the kitten)" Riley (Oh yeah, not to forget two teenagers, two Johns, and a husband who make my world a happier place to live in) :-) ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #18-18 ******************************