Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #18-19 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 18, Number 19 Saturday, 19 June 1999 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: JL looks like who? Re: TMBG: JL looks like who? Re: TMBG: JL looks like who? Re: TMBG: JL looks like who? Re: TMBG: JL looks like who? Re: NON TMBG: Austin Powers: The Spy who 'UK'd' me! -Reply TMBG: Opening band 6/19 RE: NON-TMBG: Steve Buscemi (was: JL looks like who?) Re: TMBG: JL looks like who? Re: TMBG: JL looks like who? Re: TMBG: Opening band 6/19 Re: TMBG: Opening band 6/19 Re: TMBG: Opening band 6/19 Re: TMBG: Opening band 6/19 Re: TMBG: Opening band 6/19 Re: NON-TMBG: Steve Buscemi (was: JL looks like who?) RE: NON-TMBG: Steve Buscemi (was: JL looks like who?) Re: TMBG: Opening band 6/19 RE: NON-TMBG: Steve Buscemi (was: JL looks like who?) TMBG: Question... Re: NON-TMBG: Steve Buscemi (was: JL looks like who?) Re: TMBG: Question... Re: NON-TMBG: Steve Buscemi (was: JL looks like who?) TMBG: TMBFull day Re: TMBG: JL looks like who? TMBG: Edith Head Costume Sketch for Liz Taylor TMBG: Steve Buscemi NON-TMBG: Listee pics again Re: TMBG: Steve Buscemi TMBG: German connection? Re: NON-TMBG: Listee pics again Re: NON-TMBG: Listee pics again Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 02:04:58 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: JL looks like who? Message-ID: <19990618.022328.-131859.0.gray42@juno.com> From: Claire V Gray On Thu, 17 Jun 1999 15:03:16 -0600 (MDT) Jim Kuemmerle writes: >On Thu, 17 Jun 1999 Batbrain99@aol.com wrote: > >> << Steve Buscemi >> >> >> Who is Steve Buscemi? >> >> And if I may add to the list, i saw this one picture of John where >he looks >> very psycho, and it resembled the "funny looking" guy on Fargo, dont >know his >> name > >that, my friend, is steve buscemi. are you reffering to the little guy who was also in The Big Lebowski, and Barton Fink? If it is, on the cover of the Big Lebowski (on the back) the picture of this guy I'm thinking that your thinking of, looks just like Linnell Mysterio Gal (I am the God of fudge) "This iron horse only goes around and around a man made duck pond in dummyland now!" --Crosley Bendix MST3K#88182 ICQ#9585405 gray42@juno.com, send attachments to mr_realgal@yahoo.com http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 The Official Project Omicrom website: www.geocities.com/SoHo/Square/9007 >--jim kuemmerle, who's not that funny looking... > >j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu >http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668/ >6/19 -- ZIVIO at the international festival, ROCK SPRINGS, WYOMING, >12 > noon & 8 pm; sorry, no other details available. > ___________________________________________________________________ Get the Internet just the way you want it. Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access for a month! Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj. ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 02:08:58 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: JL looks like who? Message-ID: <19990618.022329.-131859.1.gray42@juno.com> From: Claire V Gray On Thu, 17 Jun 1999 18:17:10 -0400 "Cap'n eriKa rae" writes: > >Somebody (I've forgotten who now): >>And if I may add to the list, i saw this one picture of John where he >looks >>very psycho, and it resembled the "funny looking" guy on Fargo, dont >know his >>name > >Carolyn and Jim, somewhat in sequence: >>That'd be Steve Buscemi. > >And what an unfair and unsettling fate he met in that movie. I was >completely unprepared for that! (I won't say what happens in case >there's some folks out there yet to see Fargo) yeah, know what you mean, he's the best damn character in the movie Mysterio Gal (I am the God of fudge) "This iron horse only goes around and around a man made duck pond in dummyland now!" --Crosley Bendix MST3K#88182 ICQ#9585405 gray42@juno.com, send attachments to mr_realgal@yahoo.com http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 The Official Project Omicrom website: www.geocities.com/SoHo/Square/9007 > >ever-sincere, >eriKa, >And I guess that was your accomplice there in the woodchipper... > >"It's been cool to be cool for too long now and now it's cool not to >be cool." - Ben Folds >"Sexual frustration is caused by the Discovery Channel." - Kevan >Peden > >___________________________________________________________________ >Get the Internet just the way you want it. Free software, free e-mail, >and free Internet access for a month! Try Juno Web: >http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj. ___________________________________________________________________ Get the Internet just the way you want it. Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access for a month! Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj. ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 01:41:28 -0500 From: Bob Scott Message-ID: <3769EA17.1A098CB8@tmbg.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: JL looks like who? Claire V Gray wrote: > On Thu, 17 Jun 1999 15:03:16 -0600 (MDT) Jim Kuemmerle > writes: > >On Thu, 17 Jun 1999 Batbrain99@aol.com wrote: > > > >> << Steve Buscemi >> > >> > >> Who is Steve Buscemi? > >> > >> And if I may add to the list, i saw this one picture of John where > >he looks > >> very psycho, and it resembled the "funny looking" guy on Fargo, dont > >know his > >> name > > > >that, my friend, is steve buscemi. > > are you reffering to the little guy who was also in The Big Lebowski, and > Barton Fink? > > If it is, on the cover of the Big Lebowski (on the back) the picture of > this guy I'm thinking that your thinking of, looks just like Linnell Now I think you're partially thinking of Steve Buscemi and John Turturro at the same time, because I'm nearly positive that Buscemi was not in Barton Fink... And Turturro was in Lebowski (which I really have to see)... AKA Bob "Buscemi was a psycho on ConAir, providing a strange blend of comedy and suspense. I am not a critic" Scott ------------------------------ Message-ID: <002e01beb95b$a2369080$9995fea9@hostname.bu.edu> From: "WEISSMAN" Subject: Re: TMBG: JL looks like who? Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 03:24:19 -0400 >Now I think you're partially thinking of Steve Buscemi and John Turturro at >the same time, because I'm nearly positive that Buscemi was not in Barton >Fink... And Turturro was in Lebowski (which I really have to see)... > He was in Barton Fink. He played the man at the desk in the hotel. He had a very small role. >AKA Bob "Buscemi was a psycho on ConAir, providing a strange blend of comedy >and suspense. I am not a critic" Scott He was great in ConAir. That movie was so funny. He was also in Armageddon, right? And he wrote and directed Trees Lounge... And it seems like I should be able to think of more movies he has been in, but I can't. I really don't think he looks much like Linnell, though. ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 02:56:05 -0500 From: "Jay G." Message-ID: <7kctdc$snl$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: JL looks like who? Bob Scott wrote in message news:3769EA17.1A098CB8@tmbg.org... > Claire V Gray wrote: > > > On Thu, 17 Jun 1999 15:03:16 -0600 (MDT) Jim Kuemmerle > > writes: > > >On Thu, 17 Jun 1999 Batbrain99@aol.com wrote: > > > > > >> << Steve Buscemi >> > > >> > > >> Who is Steve Buscemi? > > >> > > >> And if I may add to the list, i saw this one picture of John where > > >he looks > > >> very psycho, and it resembled the "funny looking" guy on Fargo, dont > > >know his > > >> name > > > > > >that, my friend, is steve buscemi. > > > > are you reffering to the little guy who was also in The Big Lebowski, and > > Barton Fink? > > > > If it is, on the cover of the Big Lebowski (on the back) the picture of > > this guy I'm thinking that your thinking of, looks just like Linnell > > Now I think you're partially thinking of Steve Buscemi and John Turturro at > the same time, because I'm nearly positive that Buscemi was not in Barton > Fink... And Turturro was in Lebowski (which I really have to see)... > > AKA Bob "Buscemi was a psycho on ConAir, providing a strange blend of comedy > and suspense. I am not a critic" Scott Buscemi was in Barton Fink, just not in a huge role. He played the bellhop at the hotel. Buscemi was also in Armeggedon, I think his character's name was Hound Dog. He was the one who rode on the Atom bomb, imitating Dr. Strangelove and providing a rare entertaining moment. -Jay ------------------------------ From: rhilton@bitc.org.uk Message-Id: Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 10:08:30 +0000 Subject: Re: NON TMBG: Austin Powers: The Spy who 'UK'd' me! -Reply I didn't say the title offended some of us. It is the cinema chains that think it may offend some people - and let's be honest if the film makers didn't think the title would shock/offend/amuse then they probably would have called it something else. Richard, suffering from that rare thing: The English heatwave. >>> "dilbert_2000@hotmail.com" 17/June/1999 05:36pm >>> >'Austin Powers : The Spy who shagged me' is due to open in the UK in a few days. On the news last night they said that 2 of the big cinema >chains were going to change the name of the film to Austin Powers 2 >because they thought people would be offended by the title of the film! > If the TITLE offends you some of you people, wait untill you see the movie!!! I myself was suprised at the extremely-high (higher than the original Powers film) sexual content of the movie because... well... how were they going to advertise THOSE parts of the movie... >Was there any fuss about 'shagged' in the USA? Or does shag mean >something else to what it means in this country? Shagged (US)= F**ked, made love to, had sex with, etc, etc Josh Buckland dilbert_2000@hotmail.com ICQ#: 17262308 contact me! http://www.angelfire.com/va/ozzyfest/index.html "Mamma's gonna worry, I've been a bad, bad boy." -Ozzy Osbourne, "Flying High Again" _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <445F423C4F7BD211893900A0C9E45641336FD4@mail.schicktech.com> From: Robert Plass Subject: TMBG: Opening band 6/19 Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 09:38:22 -0400 Hello exquisite living people, The opening band at the Fastlane in Asbury Park, NJ tomorrow night 6/19 is "You Were Spiraling." They've opened for TMBG and Mono Puff a few times before. Here is their website: http://members.aol.com/YWStoog/ Here is a review: http://www.groovelingo.com/bands/ywspiral.html Brian Dewan plays his electric zither on their only album, which was a Hello CD release. Since then, they've re-released that album (same songs) with a new sticker on the front. Title: "The Hello CD". Heh. From the three or four times I've seen them open for TMBG or Mono Puff, I remember a few things: 1) They don't suck! Actually, I think they're one of the better opening acts I've seen for TMBG (cough Goatboy cough) 2) They play a KILLER cover of the 80's pop hit "Take on me", a much better version than the ska'd-to-death Reel Big Fish version. Tom B., the lead singer, hits that high note with Flans-like excellence. 3) The violinist. 'Nuff said. Look at the pics on their website for a sneak peek. She's beautiful. Hope to see you there! P.S. I'll be the one staring dreamily at the violinist. Love, Rob Plass --- ----- http://i.am/announcement/ ------------------------------ Message-ID: From: "kgreenwell@sa.kevric.com" Subject: RE: NON-TMBG: Steve Buscemi (was: JL looks like who?) Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 08:40:22 -0500 Organization: KEVRIC > Buscemi was in Barton Fink, just not in a huge role. He played the bellhop > at the hotel. Buscemi was also in Armeggedon, I think his character's name > was Hound Dog. He was the one who rode on the Atom bomb, imitating > Dr. Strangelove and providing a rare entertaining moment. WARNING: The following post may be longer than necessary and irrelevant to anything you want to see at this moment. Keeping that in mind, please continue if you so desire. a complete listing (i think) of steve buscemi roles: Big Daddy (homeless man) Louis&Frank (aka Louis and Frank) Armageddon (Rockhound) The Wedding Singer (David Veltri) The Big Lebowski (Donny) Divine Trash (Himself) The Impostors (Happy Franks) ConAir (Garland 'The Marietta Mangler' Greene) The Real Blonde (Nick) Escape from L.A. (Map to the Stars Eddie) The One-eye Jimmy (Ed Hoyt) Kansas City (Johnny Flynn) Fargo (Carl Showalter) Black Kites Trees Lounge (Tommy) Desperado (Buscemi) Billy Madison (Danny McGrath) Dead Man (Bartender) Living in Oblivion (Nick Reve) Things to Do in Denver When You're Dead (Mister Shhh) Pulp Fiction (Buddy Holly look-alike) The Last Outlaw (Philo) Airhead (Rex) The Hudsucker Proxy (Beatnik Barman) Floundering (Ned) Somebody to Love (Mickey) The Adventures of Pete and Pete, TV Series (Mr. Hickle) Rising Sun (Willy "the Weasel" Wilhelm Ed and His Dead Mother (Ed Chilton) Twenty Bucks (Frank) Reservoir Dogs (Mr. Pink) In the Soup (Adolpho Rollo) CrissCross (Louis) What Happened to Pete (Stranger) Who Do I Gotta Kill? aka Me and the Mob Barton Fink (Chet) Billy Bathgate (Irving) Zandalee (OPP Man) King of New York (Test Tube) Force of Circumstance Miller's Crossing (Mink) Tales from the Darkside: The Movie (Bellingham) Slaves of New York (Wilfredo) Mystery Train (Charlie) New York Stories (Gregory Stark) Lonesome Dove miniseries (Luke) Bloodhounds of Broadway (Whining Willie) Vibes (Fred) Arena Brains Call Me (Switchblade) Heart of Midnight Heart (Nicky) Kiss Daddy Goodnight Parting Glances (Nick) Coffee and Cigarettes II (Waiter) No Picnic Sleepwalk (Worker) Tommy's (Daniel) kristi i had nothing better to do. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <376A4FAD.AF0AA9E5@sevenlands.com> Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 09:54:53 -0400 From: carlyn nugent Subject: Re: TMBG: JL looks like who? Claire V Gray wrote: > >> << Steve Buscemi >> > are you reffering to the little guy who was also in The Big Lebowski, and > Barton Fink? That be Mr. Buscemi. I personally think he is one of the greatest actors around right now... Other credits for him (besides the ones already mentioned in this thread) are Armageddon (he's the *only* good thing in that one, I think), Airheads, Pulp Fiction (cameo--as the Buddy Holly waiter), Con Air, Living in Oblivion, and about 40 others. My personal favorite of his is Reservoir Dogs (he's Mr. Pink). Also, though it's been mentioned here that he was in Tree's Lounge, I'd like to add that he wrote and directed that one, too. And, he did an absolutely brilliant guest shot on the TV show "Homicide:Life on the Street". I don't think he looks too much like Linnell much myself, though they have the same basic "type" thing going on. He does bear a striking resemblance to John Waters, though...Waters even had Buscemi dress up like him for one of his Christmas Cards. I saw the card, and he does look frighteningly similar (and they both look a bit like Don Knotts, which is even more frightening). Now for my "looks like Linnell" contribution: I recently got the Independent Film Channel on my cable system (that and BBC America are about all I watch anymore). There's a guy who hosts a couple of shows on the channel, John Pierson. He *looks* like Linnell (but about 10-15 years older), he *sounds* like Linnell, and his name is "John". It's kind of spooky. The first time I saw him, I was really struck by the resemblance. Anyway... CN ~~ ICQ #41099643 ------------------------------ Message-ID: <376A502D.259D8320@sevenlands.com> Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 09:57:01 -0400 From: carlyn nugent Subject: Re: TMBG: JL looks like who? Bob Scott wrote: > > Now I think you're partially thinking of Steve Buscemi and John Turturro at > the same time, because I'm nearly positive that Buscemi was not in Barton > Fink... And Turturro was in Lebowski (which I really have to see)... Buscemi was the bellboy in Barton Fink. CN ~~ ICQ 41099643 ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 10:17:07 -0400 (EDT) From: Colleen Anne McClanahan Subject: Re: TMBG: Opening band 6/19 Message-ID: You Were Spiralling opened for TMBG in Westerville in January. I was fairly impressed... and to top it off, they used a Mini Moog synthesizer for some GREAT sounds. I'd definitely say they're a very 80's influenced band. And the lead singer was cute. :) I'd love to see them again sometime. But I'll state once again my favorite opening band for TMBG is Lincoln. *sigh* Oh, the days. Is Lincoln still an official entity? Colleen Anne On Fri, 18 Jun 1999, Robert Plass wrote: > Hello exquisite living people, > > The opening band at the Fastlane in Asbury Park, NJ > tomorrow night 6/19 is "You Were Spiraling." They've > opened for TMBG and Mono Puff a few times before. > > Here is their website: http://members.aol.com/YWStoog/ > > Here is a review: http://www.groovelingo.com/bands/ywspiral.html > > Brian Dewan plays his electric zither on their only album, > which was a Hello CD release. Since then, they've > re-released that album (same songs) with a new sticker > on the front. Title: "The Hello CD". Heh. > > >From the three or four times I've seen them open for > TMBG or Mono Puff, I remember a few things: > > 1) They don't suck! Actually, I think they're one of the > better opening acts I've seen for TMBG (cough Goatboy cough) > > 2) They play a KILLER cover of the 80's pop hit "Take on me", > a much better version than the ska'd-to-death Reel Big Fish > version. Tom B., the lead singer, hits that high note with > Flans-like excellence. > > 3) The violinist. 'Nuff said. Look at the pics on their website > for a sneak peek. She's beautiful. > > Hope to see you there! > > P.S. I'll be the one staring dreamily at the violinist. > > Love, > > Rob Plass > --- ----- > http://i.am/announcement/ > ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990618142440.83355.qmail@hotmail.com> From: Nathan Mulac DeHoff Subject: Re: TMBG: Opening band 6/19 Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 07:24:40 PDT Colleen Anne McClanahan wrote: >But I'll state once again my favorite opening band for TMBG is >Lincoln. >*sigh* Oh, the days. Is Lincoln still an official entity? I don't think so. Two ex-members of Lincoln, Dan Miller and Dan W. (I can't quite remember how to spell his last name) now play for TMBG. (You probably already knew that, but there might be someone on this list who didn't.) -- May the light shine upon thee, Nathan Mulac "Lincoln, Lincoln, I've been thinkin', what the hell have you been drinkin'?" DeHoff DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ _______________________________________________________________ Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com ------------------------------ From: LimeZinger@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 10:22:02 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Opening band 6/19 In a message dated 6/18/99 9:18:06 AM, colleen@mik.uky.edu writes: >You Were Spiralling i've heard some of their hello stuff -- the song i've listened to the most is "your new boy" -- and they sound an awful lot like ben folds five. 's great. > >But I'll state once again my favorite opening band for TMBG is Lincoln. > >*sigh* Oh, the days. Is Lincoln still an official entity? no. ::single tear, conan o'brien style:: dan and dan from lincoln are now in tmbg and mono puff... last i heard, chris temple was doing something solo, and i've no clue on the drummer. 2 days till tmbg! woo hoo! sarah ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 10:39:23 -0400 (EDT) From: Colleen Anne McClanahan Subject: Re: TMBG: Opening band 6/19 Message-ID: I knew the Dans were playing for TMBG.. I was just hoping.. maybe they were doing it to.. um.. tide themselves over, until Lincoln toured again! Anyhow... I recommend that if you don't already own the Lincoln cd, go buy it. :) It's quality music, people! And I really wish You Were Spiralling would release an official cd. Does anyone have the Hello cd, and want to rip some mp3 tracks off of it? :) Colleen Anne On Fri, 18 Jun 1999 LimeZinger@aol.com wrote: > > In a message dated 6/18/99 9:18:06 AM, colleen@mik.uky.edu writes: > > >You Were Spiralling > > i've heard some of their hello stuff -- the song i've listened to the most is > "your new boy" -- and they sound an awful lot like ben folds five. 's great. > > > >But I'll state once again my favorite opening band for TMBG is Lincoln. > > > >*sigh* Oh, the days. Is Lincoln still an official entity? > > no. ::single tear, conan o'brien style:: dan and dan from lincoln are now > in tmbg and mono puff... last i heard, chris temple was doing something solo, > and i've no clue on the drummer. > > 2 days till tmbg! woo hoo! > sarah > ------------------------------ From: DKocar@aol.com Message-ID: <13af80d0.249bcde1@aol.com> Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 12:29:21 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Opening band 6/19 Colleen Anne wrote: <> Hey, I saw that show too! And you can't forget the best thing about You Were Spiraling: The lead singer is not only cute, but he looks like John Linnell! :-) Diana Kocar ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 13:39:33 -0500 From: Mike Leffel Message-ID: <376A9265.4697B2B2@dragondata.com> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Steve Buscemi (was: JL looks like who?) "kgreenwell@sa.kevric.com" wrote: > WARNING: The following post may be longer than necessary and irrelevant to > anything you want to see at this moment. Keeping that in mind, please continue > if you so desire. > > a complete listing (i think) of steve buscemi roles: He was in an episode of MAD ABOUT YOU as well. He was the token seller! NOW YOU LOOK FOR THE TMBG REFERENCE THERE! HA! HA! I AM THE GOD! Mike "Superior and Shiny" Leffel ---he also likes to take pictures with BRAK! ------------------------------ Message-Id: From: "Steel, W Lee" Subject: RE: NON-TMBG: Steve Buscemi (was: JL looks like who?) Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 15:03:38 -0400 The 10 degrees of Kevin Bacon.......oops I mean They Might Be Giants 1. Steve Buscemi was in King of New York (1990) with Laurence Fishburne 2. Laurence Fishburne was in Quicksilver (1986) with Kevin Bacon 3. Kevin Bacon was in She's Having a Baby (1988) with Bill Murray 4. Bill Murray was in Space Jam (1996) with Bugs Bunny 5. Bugs Bunny appeared in the Tiny Toons Videos with They Might Be Giants Lee (there's one right back at ya Mike Leffel) Steel........another god! -----Original Message----- From: Mike Leffel [mailto:mal@dragondata.com] Sent: Friday, June 18, 1999 2:40 PM To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Steve Buscemi (was: JL looks like who?) "kgreenwell@sa.kevric.com" wrote: steve buscemi > WARNING: The following post may be longer than necessary and irrelevant to > anything you want to see at this moment. Keeping that in mind, please continue > if you so desire. > > a complete listing (i think) of steve buscemi roles: He was in an episode of MAD ABOUT YOU as well. He was the token seller! NOW YOU LOOK FOR THE TMBG REFERENCE THERE! HA! HA! I AM THE GOD! Mike "Superior and Shiny" Leffel ---he also likes to take pictures with BRAK! ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 14:58:51 -0700 Subject: Re: TMBG: Opening band 6/19 Message-ID: <19990618.150318.-957229.0.Superman75@juno.com> From: Adam Schaaf hi. >And I really wish You Were Spiralling would release an official cd. >Does >anyone have the Hello cd, and want to rip some mp3 tracks off of it? you were spiralling does have an "official" cd (it was self-released). i picked it up in '96 when they opened for tmbg. it's self-titled and is one of my favorite albums. i've been in contact with bob hart, who plays bass, and you can order both cds from them. they have an aol site: http://members.aol.com/yswtoog and can make a check/mo out to bob. i strongly suggest that any one going to the show, to be there early to hear the band. also pick up their stuff if it's being sold. yws is a fantastic band. your underking of pop trivia, adam schaaf * ---------------------------------------- ___________________________________________________________________ Get the Internet just the way you want it. Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access for a month! Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj. ------------------------------ Message-Id: From: "Steel, W Lee" Subject: RE: NON-TMBG: Steve Buscemi (was: JL looks like who?) Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 15:10:05 -0400 Here's another reference.....................go figure! They Might Be Giants included Maby, Graham for a long time! Maby, Graham was in Peggy Sue Got Married (1986) with Turner, Kathleen Turner, Kathleen was in Man with Two Brains, The (1983) with Martin, Steve Martin, Steve was in Planes, Trains & Automobiles (1987) with Bacon, Kevin Bacon, Kevin was in Quicksilver (1986) with Fishburne, Laurence Fishburne, Laurencewas in King of New York (1990) with Buscemi, Steve Lee Steel Pfizer Engineering x23660 pager: (860) 760-6206 -----Original Message----- From: Mike Leffel [mailto:mal@dragondata.com] Sent: Friday, June 18, 1999 2:40 PM To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Steve Buscemi (was: JL looks like who?) "kgreenwell@sa.kevric.com" wrote: > WARNING: The following post may be longer than necessary and irrelevant to > anything you want to see at this moment. Keeping that in mind, please continue > if you so desire. > > a complete listing (i think) of steve buscemi roles: He was in an episode of MAD ABOUT YOU as well. He was the token seller! NOW YOU LOOK FOR THE TMBG REFERENCE THERE! HA! HA! I AM THE GOD! Mike "Superior and Shiny" Leffel ---he also likes to take pictures with BRAK! ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19990618192250.4530.rocketmail@web305.yahoomail.com> Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 12:22:50 -0700 (PDT) From: Christine Sinacore Subject: TMBG: Question... Does anybody know the status of that TMBG Tribute CD? I sent in a check, it hasn't cleared yet, and I haven't heard anything. Does anybody know what is going on? Christine _________________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 13:32:51 -0600 (MDT) From: Jim Kuemmerle Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Steve Buscemi (was: JL looks like who?) Message-ID: On Fri, 18 Jun 1999, Mike Leffel wrote: > > > He was in an episode of MAD ABOUT YOU as well. He was the token seller! > > > NOW YOU LOOK FOR THE TMBG REFERENCE THERE! HA! HA! I AM THE GOD! lemme guess -- he's drinking lighter fluid and says he'll tell our parents? > Mike "Superior and Shiny" Leffel > ---he also likes to take pictures with BRAK! i didn't know BRAK was a photographer... --jim kuemmerle, whose latest roll of B&W pics will be 4 days late coming back, making it a total of 1 week (everybody sing along!) since i dropped off the film... grrr..... j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668/ 6/19 -- ZIVIO at the international festival, ROCK SPRINGS, WYOMING, 12 noon & 8 pm; sorry, no other details available. ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 15:44:42 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: Question... Message-ID: <19990618.154444.2878.0.captainmarvel2@juno.com> From: Derek A Klein >From what I've heard, they keep all payments for the CDs until they get a certain number of orders. When they have enough, they go out and order just enough for the orders that they have gotten. Until then, they don't cash in the checks. Hope that clears it up. Derek "I like kids and everything, but SHIT!" - JF >Does anybody know the status of that TMBG Tribute CD? > >I sent in a check, it hasn't cleared yet, and I >haven't heard anything. > >Does anybody know what is going on? > >Christine ___________________________________________________________________ Get the Internet just the way you want it. Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access for a month! Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj. ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 15:08:55 -0500 From: "Jay G." Message-ID: <7ke8bi$1j6m$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Steve Buscemi (was: JL looks like who?) Steel, W Lee wrote in message news:B1AE3E0EBB4CD211B05300805FE603A8017026CD@groexmbcr02bck.pfizer.com... > The 10 degrees of Kevin Bacon.......oops I mean They Might Be Giants > > 1. Steve Buscemi was in King of New York (1990) with Laurence Fishburne > 2. Laurence Fishburne was in Quicksilver (1986) with Kevin Bacon > 3. Kevin Bacon was in She's Having a Baby (1988) with Bill Murray > 4. Bill Murray was in Space Jam (1996) with Bugs Bunny > 5. Bugs Bunny appeared in the Tiny Toons Videos with They Might Be Giants Or maybe the shortest number of degrees possible: 1. Steve Buscemi starred in the movie "Ed and his Dead Mother" 2. "Ed and his Dead Mother" caontained the song "Everything Right is Wrong Again" by... They Might Be Giants! -Jay ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 17:21:33 -0400 Subject: TMBG: TMBFull day Message-ID: <19990618.172614.-3158983.2.gray42@juno.com> From: Claire V Gray Yay, today I got my catologs, and what really makes it interesting was that I had a TMBG/Star Wars dream last night, chock full of colourful, plastic McDonalds balls. Ok, so the TMBG portion of the dream involved me doing charity work a receiving 3 TMBG shirts (one of which was Music Self Played is Happiness Self Made) as a reward, plus a lot of other free stuff. Interesting to note that one of the shirts had a dancing cow on it. This might have something to do with visions of Hayseed John and John dancing through my head. Maybe it was a sign that told me I'd get the catalogs today since I haven't had a TMBG dream in a lONG time, hmmmm Mysterio Gal (I am the God of fudge) "This iron horse only goes around and around a man made duck pond in dummyland now!" --Crosley Bendix MST3K#88182 ICQ#9585405 gray42@juno.com, send attachments to mr_realgal@yahoo.com http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 The Official Project Omicrom website: www.geocities.com/SoHo/Square/9007 ___________________________________________________________________ Get the Internet just the way you want it. Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access for a month! Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj. ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 16:39:50 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: JL looks like who? Message-ID: <19990618.172614.-3158983.1.gray42@juno.com> From: Claire V Gray > >Now I think you're partially thinking of Steve Buscemi and John >Turturro at >the same time, because I'm nearly positive that Buscemi was not in >Barton >Fink... And Turturro was in Lebowski (which I really have to see)... Now when I said the guy was in Barton Fink, I should have specified that he played a small role. I think he was the bellhop. Anyway, I think this director has a thing for Buscemi and Goodman. And for the Big Lebowski, remember the little guy that the group was always sorta picking on, who was on the bowling team, that's who I was reffering to. On the cover, I couldn't tell it was Buscemi until I sat down and watched the movie "oh, I know who that is" >AKA Bob "Buscemi was a psycho on ConAir, providing a strange blend of >comedy >and suspense. I am not a critic" Scott > Mysterio Gal (I am the God of fudge) "This iron horse only goes around and around a man made duck pond in dummyland now!" --Crosley Bendix MST3K#88182 ICQ#9585405 gray42@juno.com, send attachments to mr_realgal@yahoo.com http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 The Official Project Omicrom website: www.geocities.com/SoHo/Square/9007 ___________________________________________________________________ Get the Internet just the way you want it. Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access for a month! Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj. ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.3.32.19990618205546.006858e0@mail.csrlink.net> Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 20:55:46 -0400 From: Dylan Flipse Subject: TMBG: Edith Head Costume Sketch for Liz Taylor http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=119588011 I was almost accidentally bumming around Ebay and ran into that. Made me laugh. Dylan "Mike Leffel thinks he's Edith Head" Flipse Dylan Flipse - dflipse@csrlink.net http://www.flipse.com - Just do it ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 21:25:02 -0400 Subject: TMBG: Steve Buscemi Message-ID: <19990618.212507.-3159171.0.gray42@juno.com> From: Claire V Gray ok everyone, this is the picture that made me look twice and think John Linnell go to http://buscemi.dancysoft.com/images/gallery/donny.gif Mysterio Gal (I am the God of fudge) "This iron horse only goes around and around a man made duck pond in dummyland now!" --Crosley Bendix MST3K#88182 ICQ#9585405 gray42@juno.com, send attachments to mr_realgal@yahoo.com http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 The Official Project Omicrom website: www.geocities.com/SoHo/Square/9007 ___________________________________________________________________ Get the Internet just the way you want it. Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access for a month! Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj. ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199906190337.XAA38770@f04n07.cac.psu.edu> Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 23:38:24 -0400 From: Jason Fickley Subject: NON-TMBG: Listee pics again Figured I'd start another listee picture thread since I finally got a picture of myself on my webpage. It's my senior picture from almost 2 years ago, so just imagine me being a little older in real life. :) http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Arena/1604/pics.html --Jason, who will not be held responsible for the shattering of monitors that his picture may cause-- ------------------------------ From: LimeZinger@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Sat, 19 Jun 1999 00:15:15 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Steve Buscemi In a message dated 6/18/99 8:28:12 PM, gray42@juno.com writes: >ok everyone, this is the picture that made me look twice and think John >Linnell > >go to http://buscemi.dancysoft.com/images/gallery/donny.gif erm, maybe the hair, but that's it. he looks more like jeff goldblum. sarah ------------------------------ From: GhostKrabb@webtv.net (Dexter Flansburgh) Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 21:39:15 -0700 (PDT) Subject: TMBG: German connection? Message-ID: <25085-376B1EF3-13788@postoffice-241.iap.bryant.webtv.net> After extensive research (well, not really) I've noticed that there is some kind of odd connection with our beloved TMBG, and Germany. For those of you who are familiar with Flansy's side project Hello the Band, you'll know that in HTB he goes under the alias of Rolf Conant, obviously a German name, no? Their song #3 was redone in Greek by Mr. Linnell. What continent is Greece on? Europe! That's right, the same one as GERMANY!!! And also, in my opinion the weirdest one of all, TMBG backwards is "GBMT," and if you were to go to gbmt.com, you'd notice that it's a GERMAN website! Oooh! Another one I just realized while writing this: Flansy was right next to none other than Adolf Hitler for the Time person of the century poll. Kind of odd, wouldn't you say? Oh, just realized another one. They covered Oh Christmas Tree in it's original GERMAN state, O Tannenbaum! How weird is that?! -Dexburger (sounds like hamburger, hamburgers were invented in England, also in europe, just like GERMANY!) who happens to be mostly German (with a pinch of British) ------------------------------ Message-Id: <4.1.19990619014153.00922c60@130.127.28.14> Date: Sat, 19 Jun 1999 01:43:38 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Listee pics again I have a truly awful online photo album at http://www.clemson.edu/~ctyner/ Although I'm incredibly un-photogenic, marvel to images of me as a 6 year old with He-Man figures, me at concerts, me hanging out with various bands (Cherry Poppin' Daddies, Weird Al, TMBG, Tuscadero, and...I think that's all that's up now), and me looking basically terrible. -Adam -- Adam, fighting the forces of crappy web sites! http://www.he-man.org/ (Masters of the Universe) http://www.daddies.org/ (Cherry Poppin' Daddies) http://www.clemson.edu/~ctyner/ (Everything else!) ------------------------------ From: GhostKrabb@webtv.net (Dexter Flansburgh) Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 22:56:27 -0700 (PDT) Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Listee pics again Message-ID: <13117-376B310B-16400@postoffice-242.iap.bryant.webtv.net> You can see a picture of me at this band's website. I'm good friends with the members, and sort of the un-official manager/promoter. Their name is MunkyDust, and they're very good. If you're not interested in them at all, at least check out the site for my pic. It's at http://www.members.tripod.com/munkydust/ ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #18-19 ******************************