Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #18-21 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 18, Number 21 Monday, 21 June 1999 Today's Topics: TMBG: The Coop Re: TMBG: The Coop Re: NON-TMBG: Listee pics again TMBG: Re: Listee Picture(s) TMBG: Listee Pics Idea... TMBG: Re: Listee Picture(s) TMBG: Re: Listee Picture(s) TMBG: TDK's TMBG page updated; new photos, Dr. Evil live and more.. TMBG: Re: Listee Picture(s) TMBG: sunday sunday, here again, a walk in the park... Re: TMBG: sunday sunday, here again, a walk in the park... Re: TMBG: sunday sunday, here again, a walk in the park... Re: TMBG: Re: Listee Picture(s) TMBG: Re: Listee Picture(s) Re: TMBG: sunday sunday, here again, a walk in the park... Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-ID: <19990620112016.34844.qmail@hotmail.com> From: ian stevens Subject: TMBG: The Coop Date: Sun, 20 Jun 1999 04:20:15 PDT Why must I be sad? from the John henry album (my personal favourite): What are They saying about Alice Cooper exactly? Are They fans? does anyone know? Wishing I was in NY for the Central Park show. Ian - doing an interpretive dance ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <376D1188.57CBCF51@airmail.net> Date: Sun, 20 Jun 1999 11:06:32 -0500 From: Danielle Gaither Subject: Re: TMBG: The Coop ian stevens wrote: > > Why must I be sad? from the John henry album (my personal favourite): Woohoo! Another JH fan. Moving on... > What are They saying about Alice Cooper exactly? I imagine you'd have to ask Herr Linnell about that. > Are They fans? does anyone know? Not for sure, but when I saw them in Dallas (and I believe in Austin as well), the played Alice Cooper on the speakers between Michael Shelley's set and theirs. So I imagine they do have some sort of fondness for Cooper's stuff. > Wishing I was in NY for the Central Park show. Same here. *sigh* > Ian - doing an interpretive dance Danielle, who was dressed as a Billion Dollar Baby for her first Halloween ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.3.32.19990620140803.00caf348@mail.csrlink.net> Date: Sun, 20 Jun 1999 14:08:03 -0400 From: Dylan Flipse Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Listee pics again At 07:53 PM 6/19/99 -0700, you wrote: > or well...whenever my camera was last on... >http://pacific.telebyte.com/~kmend/mrcam.html Heh, and I'm sure Dylan >will be by shortly to tell you of his webcam too, I'll be utterly shocked >and amazed if he isn't! Later, Kelly King of Lurkers Though I am quite amazing, I've still gotta plug the FlipSEE cam at http://www.flipse.com/cam.html. Furthermore, I've got loads of scanned pictures of myself and others at http://www.flipse.com/pic/. If that's not enough, there are quite a few pictures from the quickcam at http://www.flipse.com/quickpic/. But as far as those current pics on the cam go, I'm looking pretty crappy. I just got home from the 25th annual Pie Festival. It's this...party that these...people I know have...and everyone brings a few pies...and when there's probably around a hundred total people...there'a lot of pie, and no sleep. The great thing is, all the people in the 15-20 crowd that I was hanging out with are totally into TMBG. Whenever something semi-related to any TMBG song or lyric came up, at least some of us would burst into song. I try something like that at school, I'd get smacked with a JayZ CD. Or something. Dylan "Mike Leffel=JayZ" Flipse Dylan Flipse - dflipse@csrlink.net http://www.flipse.com - Just do it ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 20 Jun 1999 13:26:16 -0500 From: Mike Leffel Message-ID: <376D3248.945D059C@dragondata.com> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re: Listee Picture(s) Who Whay! I got the catalog yesterday! Now I can BURN it and curse the name THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS using my Hebrew Voodoo kit from Ireland!!! I hate them all so very much!! NYEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! ^__^ AKA Frankie Lee Jr. wrote: > > Well, here's my old picture: > > http://members.theglobe.com/bobscott/images/me2.jpg > GIVE ME A BOWL!! > And here's a stupid little thing I threw together including that picture > in PSP: > > http://www.angelfire.com/ne/bobscott/images/evilme.jpg > > Enjoy! > That's not you! That's the flag of Paraguay!!!! Scoundrel!!! > AKA Bob "Who has just stumbled upon an amazing secret!" Scott " No... that's not Elderly Bruce Wayne with the fire hose... thats.. um,... UNCLE BATMAN! Yes! UNCLE BATMAN! Not Bruce Wayne, no siree! Now focus your attention back on me, Hideous Liquid Blob Woman! Yes! Focus on me! Not ol' Bruce-er Uncle Wa-BATMAN Uncle Batman! Yess... Hey! Get out of my mouth!! GHHHH!!!!!" ---Batman, Batman Beyond. Then Something Flipse uttered: >Dylan "Mike Leffel=JayZ" Flipse Well, I _am_ The King Of New York. Hard Knock Leffel. That's me! ^__^ >--jim kuemmerle, whose latest roll of B&W pics will be 4 days late coming >back, making it a total of 1 week (everybody sing along!) since i dropped >off the film... grrr..... I _told_ you there were people who develop *those* kinds of pictures for free. And it's all anonymous. You just have to let them have some copies. I like to pose with my neighbor. She has no cartilage in her nose! Dexterburgie: >writing this: Flansy was right next to none other than Adolf Hitler for >the Time person of the century poll. Kind of odd, wouldn't you say? Flans is not having an affair with Hitler. Geez!!! ^_^ ...he's having one with RIcky Martin though. Mike "I'm really Lee Steel" Leffel ---I LOVE THESE BEANS SO MUCH! --TOO DAMN BUSY TO READ THE LIST! AA! ------------------------------ Message-ID: <002501bebb52$e2754080$c1b3a4c1@squid> From: "Uncle Squid" Subject: TMBG: Listee Pics Idea... Date: Sun, 20 Jun 1999 20:13:08 +0100 I just had an idea... instead of posting a web address of where you pic is, why not send all your pics to me at squid@thelimes.keme.co.uk and I'll whip up a website to house them all. Good idea? If you are interested, send your picture (pref *.jpg with the picture as your e-mail nick). If I get enough, them the site will be put up. If you are outside of the US, please state you country in your mail. Cheers. Uncle Squid's Final Thought:Treat your wife, treat somebody else's wife, it's a lot more fun if you don't get caught The Uncle Squid site [ http://i.am/uncle_squid/ ] Carter USM, Pharmacy & more [ http://members.xoom.com/_out_there_/ ] ||| ICQ: 12605535 ||| Tel: (01206) 502043 ||| Fax: (01206) 514682 ||| [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 20 Jun 1999 17:55:27 -0400 Subject: TMBG: Re: Listee Picture(s) Message-ID: <19990620.175527.28982.0.hotel_detective1@juno.com> From: "Cap'n eriKa rae" Mike Leffel chanted: >Now I can BURN it and curse the name THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS using my Hebrew Voodoo kit >from Ireland!!! Did you get that from some guy named Smitty? Because he offered me one and I thought it was a bit too pricey, as I couldn't think of any name to curse at the time... >That's not you! That's the flag of Paraguay!!!! Scoundrel!!! It's my mother! >Well, I _am_ The King Of New York. Hard Knock Leffel. That's me! ^__^ And what a precious Lil' Orphan Annie you make. Sing "Tomorrow" for us, woncha? >I like to pose with my neighbor. She has no cartilage in her nose! It's my mother! Leave her alone! >Flans is not having an affair with Hitler. Geez!!! ^_^ >...he's having one with RIcky Martin though. Well, who isn't? Sheesh. He'll break John's heart, that latin little slut - someone should warn Flansy. But I met Ben Folds. And I got Pokemon stickers. Woo-hoo! ever-sincere, eriKa, if anyone so desperately wants a pic of me, e-mail me. whatever. pika pika. "It's been cool to be cool for too long now and now it's cool not to be cool." - Ben Folds "Sexual frustration is caused by the Discovery Channel." - Kevan Peden ___________________________________________________________________ Get the Internet just the way you want it. Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access for a month! Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj. ------------------------------ From: DKocar@aol.com Message-ID: <434a7baf.249ed27c@aol.com> Date: Sun, 20 Jun 1999 19:25:48 EDT Subject: TMBG: Re: Listee Picture(s) Cap'n eriKa rae wrote: >But I met Ben Folds. YOU met Ben Folds?? Last night, in Pittsburgh??? HOW!!!? I went to that concert, and I thought it was awesome! If I had gotten to meet Ben Folds, my evening couldn't have possibly gotten any better (as it was already pretty great). Oh, man, what a concert! I thought it was amazing, and one of the best I've ever been to. The opening band, Jude, was really good also. Pittsburgh's a great city too. Love the hills and trains. :-) Diana, who climbed Mt. Mother-F**ker. Um. Maybe. Nobody knows what I'm talking about I bet. I'll just shut up now. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <376D7963.D3AE6205@tmbg.org> Date: Sun, 20 Jun 1999 19:29:39 -0400 From: The Demonic Kangaroo Subject: TMBG: TDK's TMBG page updated; new photos, Dr. Evil live and more.. Hey, I have added 11 new live MP3s from the 5/15/99 Early show at the Bowery Ballroom in New York City. I was there! They include: Dr. Evil, Thunderbird, She Thinks She's Edith Head, It's So Loud In Here, Cyclops Rock, the new latin version of Istanbul and more! I have also added about 90 photos from the 6/19/99 show at the Fastlane in Asbury Park, NJ. Enjoy! -Mike http://tdk.tmbg.net/ ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 20 Jun 1999 20:04:25 -0400 Subject: TMBG: Re: Listee Picture(s) Message-ID: <19990620.200425.24086.0.hotel_detective1@juno.com> From: "Cap'n eriKa rae" Diana demanded an explanation: >YOU met Ben Folds?? Last night, in Pittsburgh??? HOW!!!? Very nice security men told me where to go. So, after the show, I was waiting in the frontish of a small crowd at one end of the parking lot patiently awaiting for someone to come out, and Ben came out. I got a picture with him and an autograph. He's so nice. I was happy. Really happy. *Extremely* happy. >Oh, man, what a concert! I thought it was amazing, and one of the best I've >ever been to. The opening band, Jude, was really good also. Pittsburgh's a >great city too. Love the hills and trains. :-) It really was amazing. It's by far the best concert I've been to. Absolutely. Jude was indeed great as well. >who climbed Mt. Mother-F**ker. Um. Maybe. Nobody knows what I'm talking >about I bet. I do! Actually, they just passed a law that anyone caught climbing that thing gets a hefty fine. I guess it's a Ben-Folds-exempt law. ever-sincere, eriKa, no, I climbed mount muthafuka. bee-yotch. "It's been cool to be cool for too long now and now it's cool not to be cool." - Ben Folds "Sexual frustration is caused by the Discovery Channel." - Kevan Peden ___________________________________________________________________ Get the Internet just the way you want it. Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access for a month! Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj. ------------------------------ From: LimeZinger@aol.com Message-ID: <35067c2c.249f0083@aol.com> Date: Sun, 20 Jun 1999 22:42:11 EDT Subject: TMBG: sunday sunday, here again, a walk in the park... hello operator.... well as everybody knows, the central park show was today... and it rocked!:) we got there a bit early, but heard soundcheck. 2 soundchecks, actually... early on we watched linnell do.. erm, a beach boys song.. i forget the name of it ("nobody knows what i'd be without you..." something like that) and later on, heard him sing dr.evil. which was truly great. i want a copy of that. of course, since we got there early, we got nice 2nd row chairs... only to be blocked by 5 rows of people who arrived after us standing in front of the chairs later on, obscruring our view...feh. it took 2 forevers for tmbg to actually come on... the "gestures" (?) i didn't get at all... fly girls? mm... ok. the raymond scott band was a little .. long... but they were good. soo.. tmbg happily played out a random mix of things. including a very on-the-spot "spider" as requested by an audience member. linnell talked about how hot the sun was, and someone tossed him some sun screen onto the stage. to which he uttered "thank you, mysterious benefactor." i don't know why that just sounds awesome. :) robin came on and did "dr. evil"... and at the end said "happy father's day, henry, i love you!" ..aww.. :) met brian dewan and flans after the show... brian told us of all the mistakes in the t-shirt he drew (th' one with the crowd on the back)... my favourite quote from him, and i don't know if he realized what he said: "i had fun doing all those people." :) hehe. errrr... what else? nothing i can think of. jordan got a setlist, he can tell you what they played. la la la, sarah ------------------------------ From: HallOfEyes@aol.com Message-ID: <47ab67a8.249f020d@aol.com> Date: Sun, 20 Jun 1999 22:48:45 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: sunday sunday, here again, a walk in the park... In a message dated 6/20/99 10:44:31 PM Eastern Daylight Time, LimeZinger@aol.com writes: << errrr... what else? nothing i can think of. jordan got a setlist, he can tell you what they played. la la la, >> Certainly! NYC Polk Edith Head Istanbul Cyclops Rock Racist Friend Mammal Actual Size Its So Loud In Here Ana Ng Shoehorn Petname Spy Whistling Sun (first Linnell did the lead singing, but Flans couldnt do the educational speaking parts, so they switched mid song) Dr.Evil (with Robin Goldwasser) Angel Particle Man (with The Sign!!) Older Birdhouse Guitar Maybe I Know #3 Dr.Worm They played Spider by request. On the setlist is written Dig My Grave and Twisting but they didnt play them. It was a great show! Jordan ------------------------------ From: Kaylum@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Sun, 20 Jun 1999 22:58:58 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: sunday sunday, here again, a walk in the park... It's odd that they didn't debut *any* songs from the kids album they're supposedly working on...I mean, it would have been a perfect opportunity! I know the New York Times article said it would be released next year, but still...thought one of the Dans said it was almost ready! Oh, well, it does sound like a really cool show, and Robin's message to Henry was very sweet :) Kay "wishing she was the mysterious benefactor" lum ------------------------------ From: LimeZinger@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Sun, 20 Jun 1999 23:12:08 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Listee Picture(s) err.. i'm late in this, but here 'tis... ? http://members.aol.com/limezinger/photos.html lala. sarah ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 20 Jun 1999 22:43:45 -0500 From: AKA Bob Scott Message-ID: <376DB4F1.2523B751@tmbg.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re: Listee Picture(s) Cap'n eriKa rae wrote: > Mike Leffel chanted: > >Now I can BURN it and curse the name THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS using my > >Hebrew Voodoo kit > >from Ireland!!! > > Did you get that from some guy named Smitty? Because he offered me one > and I thought it was a bit too pricey, as I couldn't think of any name to > curse at the time... Well, my name always comes to mind when most people wanna curse. Feel free to use it next time! > >That's not you! That's the flag of Paraguay!!!! Scoundrel!!! > > It's my mother! Jar-Jar Binks? > >Well, I _am_ The King Of New York. Hard Knock Leffel. That's me! ^__^ > > And what a precious Lil' Orphan Annie you make. Sing "Tomorrow" for us, > woncha? At no point does Anakin Skywalker (Texas Ranger) dress up like a girl and sing to Jar-Jar. This is one of the stranger rumours, and Elaine Bennes does not approve! > But I met Ben Folds. And I got Pokemon stickers. Woo-hoo! Are those 2 events related in any way? I'm only asking because I'd have to like BFF if they handed out Pokemon stickers... > ever-sincere, > eriKa, > if anyone so desperately wants a pic of me, e-mail me. whatever. pika > pika. Are YOU Pikachu? AKA Bob "Saw Phantom Menace, finally, and can't say he's all too disappointed, though when he thinks about it, he actually can vocalize many things, including said line." Scott ------------------------------ Message-ID: <376DCAAC.1A54B77@tmbg.org> Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 01:16:28 -0400 From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: Re: TMBG: sunday sunday, here again, a walk in the park... LimeZinger@aol.com wrote: > we got there a bit early, but heard soundcheck. 2 soundchecks, actually... > early on we watched linnell do.. erm, a beach boys song.. i forget the name > of it ("nobody knows what i'd be without you..." something like that) and > later on, heard him sing dr.evil. which was truly great. i want a copy of > that. of course, since we got there early, we got nice 2nd row > chairs... only to be blocked by 5 rows of people who arrived after us > standing in front of the chairs later on, obscruring our view...feh. I wasn't there (and oh, how I wish I was - what a set!), but I think the song was probably "God Only Knows," one of the Beach Boys' less Beach Boy-like songs. Corny lyrics, like most 60's songs, but a musical arrangement along the complexity of something like "A Self Called Nowhere" or "Sad Today" (Moxy Fruvous) or some of the Beatles later work. Or even the song you referenced in the subject, for that matter. :) Linnell is quite a fan of the Beach Boys' work... he references it in Thunderbird, and I think he mentioned them among his favorite bands in one of the really old newsletters... Just some random tidbits of information... :) -- Lawrence Solomon http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~lps/ zaph@tmbg.org "Just because you're floating doesn't mean * This space inadvertently you haven't drowned." -They Might Be Giants * left with stuff in it. ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #18-21 ******************************